Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jane Fonda Out and About in Michigan Campaigning for Kamala

I love this woman,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51September 18, 2024 2:08 PM

Goddess bless Jane Fonda, 86 and still out there trying to make a difference. And she looks great! I don't know if I have ever seen an 86 year old woman with such good posture.

by Anonymousreply 1September 17, 2024 3:37 PM

86 years old and not terrified she will run into a Trump supporter, as some seem to be, when she shows up asking people to support Harris. What a tough broad ,

by Anonymousreply 2September 17, 2024 3:50 PM

There’s an online In Conversation With event today at 5pm EDT if anyone is interested in watching.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 17, 2024 3:52 PM

"What a tough broad."

Which is actually why the right hates her so: you don't fuck with Jane Fonda and come away unscathed.

by Anonymousreply 4September 17, 2024 3:54 PM

Is she posing in a tank?

by Anonymousreply 5September 17, 2024 3:55 PM

Unbelievably attractive and active at her age.

by Anonymousreply 6September 17, 2024 3:58 PM

It’s true she was on the side of the NVA but at least she can claim to have been boots on the ground in that war,

by Anonymousreply 7September 17, 2024 4:04 PM

Most celebrities take it no further than tweeting.

Love the genuine passion that leads her to get out there and do this at any age.

by Anonymousreply 8September 17, 2024 4:09 PM

[quote] It’s true she was on the side of the NVA

She was against the war, not taking sides. The Viet Minh (Cong) was being demonized in the U.S. in order to justify killing them.

by Anonymousreply 9September 17, 2024 4:14 PM

R9 Hanoi Jane earned her nickname , not actively marching against the war, but in having her picture taken, wearing I believe a NVA helmet, while sitting on an actual NVA anti aircraft gun in Hanoi 1972 during the fucking war.

The bitch was hardcore. As was the rest of the NVA.

That said I have no hard feelings against her or the rest of her nva co workers today.

by Anonymousreply 10September 17, 2024 4:22 PM

In 1988, she went on 20/20 with Barbara Walters and apologized to Vietnam veterans and their families.

“I was trying to help end the killing but there were times I was thoughtless and careless about it”.

She has also publicly said that she will go to her grave regretting the photo of her sitting on an enemy anti-aircraft gun. She was against the war, not our soldiers.

by Anonymousreply 11September 17, 2024 4:29 PM

R10 Don't lecture me about it. The episode was considered more scandalous than the U.S. napalming and massacring half the country.

by Anonymousreply 12September 17, 2024 4:35 PM

[quote]86 years old and not terrified she will run into a Trump supporter, as some seem to be, when she shows up asking people to support Harris. What a tough broad ,

You realize that it helps to be Jane Fonda? You still have not told us what you're doing, troll.

by Anonymousreply 13September 17, 2024 4:38 PM

R12 not lecturing at all. You seemed to be clueless about Hanoi Jane and how she earned her name sitting on a gun made to kill Americans. A lot of Americans took exception to that. I did not give a fuck then or now. That war was nothing but bad shit happening.

It’s a point of fact and history nothing more. She was in NVN to support the NVA not stop the war. Cool picture though.

by Anonymousreply 14September 17, 2024 4:47 PM

R14 I was alive then dear, you are clueless about how well known the incident is, then and now.

by Anonymousreply 15September 17, 2024 4:55 PM

R13 you need to keep up I already answered. You have asked so nicely I thought it my duty to respond.

Canvassing potential voters is the short answer that was given, And I should have added $ as well.

Thanks again unless you are one of the weak ass cunts who say they are too afraid to do similar.

by Anonymousreply 16September 17, 2024 4:56 PM

Yet, I still say you're full of shit R16.

by Anonymousreply 17September 17, 2024 4:59 PM

R17 you are hardly the first to say that friend, I will bet no one ever thinks that of you.

But seriously are you one of the weak ass cunts that has claimed they would not canvass for Harris because you were afraid to run into GOP voters ?

by Anonymousreply 18September 17, 2024 5:07 PM

Marxist Communist

by Anonymousreply 19September 17, 2024 5:09 PM

No, R18. I'm not. I just think you're an angry troll getting some weird kick out of coming here and bitching.

by Anonymousreply 20September 17, 2024 5:11 PM

I applaud Jane out there at 86 knocking on doors.

I respectfully would say that in ultra liberal Ann Arbor, it's highly unlikely she'd run into a MAGA loon. Not impossible, but unlikely. But bless her for walking the walk.

by Anonymousreply 21September 17, 2024 5:14 PM

R18 is the poster on the 'My friends are Closet Trumpers' thread who is VERY concerned that all of us who hate and fear Trump are suffering from 'Purity of Thought' i.e., that sick feeling you get when you discover someone in your social circle is indifferent to the danger Trump represents so you want to have nothing to do with them. The problem is not your crypto-fascist friends, the problem is YOU for cutting them.

He is also the stealth troll who introduced Trump on this thread so he can parody Trump haters again.

by Anonymousreply 22September 17, 2024 5:21 PM

R22 I suspected he was a stealth Trump troll.

by Anonymousreply 23September 17, 2024 5:33 PM

Why do conservatives STILL vilify Jane Fonda for some ill-advised stuff she did as a young woman while we’re expected to forget the awful things right-wingers do and say all the time, every day to destroy our democracy as they have done for decades now?

Not to mention that Trump, who was a draft dodger willing to do anything to avoid being part of the war effort Fonda was trying to stop, has consistently belittled people in the armed forces as “losers.” You will not distract us from where our loathing belongs, namely with Trump and his enablers.

SHUT THE FUCK UP about Jane Fonda, who has one of the most extraordinary lives and careers of any American woman still living.

Hate the Jane Haters not Jane.

by Anonymousreply 24September 17, 2024 6:03 PM

R22 not true at all.

I was very supportive along with you and the others for the OP dropping his best friends for years , who have been nothing but supportive of him , because someone else claimed they were right wingers who did not like Harris,

The OP had no sense at all in these many years his friends were not liberals like the OP is. But someone recently said something about them so he dropped them. And to show how serious and triggered the op was he then came to DL and started that thread.

We can’t have friends today that don’t think exactly like us is just another way to look at it. We agree totally friend.

Purity of thought is Important

by Anonymousreply 25September 17, 2024 6:09 PM

Hypocrisy is their game R24. They claim Biden is a pedophile while ignoring that Trump raped a 13 yo.

by Anonymousreply 26September 17, 2024 6:18 PM

Wow. Love her

by Anonymousreply 27September 17, 2024 6:21 PM

I don’t know who the OP referenced at R25 is but for clarification, it is not the OP of this thread.

I just shared a nice social media post about a person I admire supporting another person that I admire.

Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 28September 17, 2024 6:25 PM

Bless your heart, r25.

by Anonymousreply 29September 17, 2024 6:26 PM

R24 Fonda was vilified while we were supposed to nod our heads and agree with this:

'The Oriental doesn't put the same high price on life as does a Westerner. Life is plentiful. Life is cheap in the Orient." Westmoreland said that in the Oscar-winning 1974 Vietnam documentary "Hearts and Minds."

by Anonymousreply 30September 17, 2024 6:35 PM

Jane will probably visit Gretchen Whitmer and give her plastic surgery advice.

by Anonymousreply 31September 17, 2024 6:39 PM

R30

Westmorland fought in Korea. Anyone who fought in Korea might have felt the same way based on the tactics they saw used against them.

Armies (or terror groups) use what they have.

The Chinese did not have high tech or lots of equipment they had millions of poorly equipped troops. And they threw at and lost 1000s trying to kill 100s They lost 100000s trying to kill 1000s. They used the bodies of their own troops like the US used bullets. It’s what they had to use.

Saying they saw life as cheap was an observation of tactics more than an opinion based on racism.

by Anonymousreply 32September 17, 2024 6:49 PM

R30 and many US who fought in Korea may have also fought the Japanese in the pacific. And what were they best known for——massive unproductive charges were they were slaughtered by the 1000s —-slaughtered by the 1000s trying to kill a few 100 marines, time after time after time.

Then when having lost one island they threw their own Japanese babies, children, moms off high cliffs to their deaths rather than see them live.

That behavior does not suggest other than life is cheap when you see it unfold in living horrific color..

by Anonymousreply 33September 17, 2024 7:03 PM

A Fonda fan from way back, I canvassed the precincts as kid, walking the neighborhoods with my parents when Hayden was running for US Senate in '76. Jane was always professional and kind and accessible at the campaign headquarters, and at any time I've seen her rallying for political causes or at movie events ever since. I hope she lives to be 100, still healthy and politically active and inspiring us all.

by Anonymousreply 34September 17, 2024 7:35 PM

I would like to talk more about Ms Fonda's posture at age 86. It is remarkable! Plastic surgery cannot buy that.

by Anonymousreply 35September 17, 2024 8:00 PM

Her speaking voice sounds the same as ever. My singing voice is the same as it's ever been. However, I used to be able to sing better than I can, now.

by Anonymousreply 36September 17, 2024 8:03 PM

R32 R33 Go to hell and say hi to your heroes, you piece of shit. It's the U.S. that thought life was cheap, and not just asian lives.

Between 1965 and 1975, the United States and its allies dropped more than 7.5 million tons of bombs on Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia—double the amount dropped on Europe and Asia during World War II. Pound for pound, it remains the largest aerial bombardment in human history.

by Anonymousreply 37September 17, 2024 8:07 PM

If Kamala loses I'm available for recounts in strategic states.

by Anonymousreply 38September 17, 2024 8:14 PM

R37

If you know anything about the US military you would know that generally we are seen to be more risk adverse to losing our own troops lives than many we fought. So we drop a whole shit load of bombs on NVN rather than an invasion of the north. Saved American lives not NVN lives. Which was the fucking point.

But of course the goal in any war is to kill as many of the other side as you can. That’s the aim.. Westmoreland meant they , the Chinese the Japanese etc valued their own lives less than we valued our own troops lives.

And based on long standing tactics and watching shogun I’d say he would be correct and you misunderstood his quote.

by Anonymousreply 39September 17, 2024 8:27 PM

She’s always been a phony baloney. Give it a rest.

by Anonymousreply 40September 17, 2024 8:30 PM

More of Jane in Michigan today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41September 17, 2024 8:36 PM

R39 And based on long standing tactics and watching shogun

You are really too creepy to waste time on, FF X 3

by Anonymousreply 42September 17, 2024 8:42 PM

I need her workout video I guess.

by Anonymousreply 43September 17, 2024 8:43 PM

[quote] Westmorland fought in Korea.

Uh, Google "William Westmoreland Vietnam," toots.

by Anonymousreply 44September 18, 2024 12:20 AM

Agree with other posters here, she looks and sounds AMAZING for 86 going on 87 years old. No loss of energy or stamina here. Long may she wave.

by Anonymousreply 45September 18, 2024 1:19 AM

I love that she is out there campaigning~~ I love Jane Fonda. And she was right about Vietnam. My sweet handsome cousin was killed in 'Nam and I think of him often. I never blamed her for Vietnam. I blamed LBJ.

by Anonymousreply 46September 18, 2024 1:54 AM

When you volunteer to door-knock, they give you the list of leads / houses to go to. If you’re volunteering for a democratic candidate, they don’t send you to registered republicans or vice versa. It’s a get out the vote operation — your role is to remind & convince sympathetic, low-touch voters to come out and vote for your candidate, not to try and proselytize to the opposition. So, Ann Arbor or not, it’s unlikely she’d run into a ton of MAGAs. Door knocking isn’t really a huge courageous endeavour; it is nevertheless a big, admirable commitment of time and effort for a cause in which one believes.

Jane fucking rocks. She could be sitting at home watching QVC and despairing about being old. It’s bananas to see how hard she continues to work.

by Anonymousreply 47September 18, 2024 2:32 AM

R42 we may kid we may disagree but I would never be a low life moron that would ff you.

by Anonymousreply 48September 18, 2024 9:07 AM

Jane is histrionic and neurotic but a good egg. Also she isn't afraid of people including her enemies.

by Anonymousreply 49September 18, 2024 9:34 AM

R40, google “blow it out your ass.”

by Anonymousreply 50September 18, 2024 10:17 AM

She said she was the same age as Elizabeth Taylor and that they were friends. She loved Elizabeth

by Anonymousreply 51September 18, 2024 2:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!