Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Amazon to employees: Get your asses back in the office!

Also, there's a flattening exercise going on: having fewer managers, which means more people reporting to the same person. And a flattening exercise is often a prelude to layoffs: the old manager can be let go, and the new manager assesses the "capabilities" of the new employees.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 16, 2024 10:30 PM

Work from home forever, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 1September 16, 2024 9:52 PM

I was recruited from my prior employer by my current employer during the earliest days of the pandemic, and even though everyone was working remotely at that time, not everyone was classified as a remote employee. Our CEO was talking a bunch of shit at the time about how "remote work is here to stay" and all this, so I thank god I had the foresight to get an explicit agreement that I would be classified as remote regardless of what happened after the pandemic. Because my company is basically doing what Amazon is doing, starting the slow march back to five days a week. I will never fucking go back. I am good enough at what I do to go into business for myself and the second I get even a whiff that they are trying to force me back to the office, I am out. I'm glad I played my cards right in my career that that is even option. I won't hesitate to pull that lever.

by Anonymousreply 2September 16, 2024 10:08 PM

My company has moved to 3 days minimum, with indications that this will go back to every day sometime in the next year.

I work in a lab, so I basically can't do remote very much. I think I was technically remote for about a week and a half at the start of the pandemic, but getting yanked back into the office.

As far as I'm concerned, people who can work remotely can do it forever. Less contention for parking, bathrooms, etc for those of us who have to go in.

by Anonymousreply 3September 16, 2024 10:23 PM

Millennials won't work in an enclosed space with people they would ordinarily ghost and delete.

They'll have to import more Haitian workers.

by Anonymousreply 4September 16, 2024 10:29 PM

I just finished reading a bio on the early history of Amazon and Bezos. Let's just say, I now use Amazon as a back-up, if I can't get it first from online Target or Wal-Mart website

by Anonymousreply 5September 16, 2024 10:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!