Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ryan Reynolds is offering millions to buy out Justin Baldoni's stake in "It Ends With Us"

So, you know how it’s super in the air if there will be a sequel to the movie It Ends With Us, starring Blake Lively and Justin Baldoni? Well, with all the drama from the movie, both Lively and Baldoni are on the hot seat right now. Lively is still in the trenches of controversy, despite help from both pal Taylor Swift and husband Ryan Reynolds. But now, Reynolds is allegedly ready to doll out “millions” to help his wife’s career.

“Ryan is willing to offer millions to Blake’s director and costar, Justin Baldoni, in an attempt to buy out his stake in the franchise so Blake can continue her role without having to work with Baldoni, with whom she clashed,” they said to the outlet. “This is the biggest film Blake has ever made. Ryan wants to make sure she isn’t replaced in the sequel!”

Now, this isn’t the first time we’ve heard about Reynolds working hard to save Lively from even more controversy. Sources told Life and Style Magazine earlier this month, “Ryan is deeply invested in helping Blake navigate this situation. With his keen eye for branding and his ability to turn any situation into a winning moment, Ryan is working closely with Blake’s team to reframe her public image in light of these troubling allegations.”

So it seems Reynolds really is working overtime to ensure Lively’s alleged “fall from grace” won’t make her fall any further.

While it’s unclear if this project with get its sequel, we do know that Lively still has four projects in production; so she’s be plenty busy for the next few months.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64September 19, 2024 9:54 AM

I love that Justin is in the driver's seat now.

And yes, he SHOULD replace Blake Lively for the sequel.

Fuck that cunt!

by Anonymousreply 1September 16, 2024 12:51 AM

I cannot stand her.

by Anonymousreply 2September 16, 2024 12:55 AM

During the controversy I looked up the cost of the film vs BO. This film cost $25M to make and it has grossed over $325M. How many millions is he going to offer a guy who has a stake in a $325M grossing film?

by Anonymousreply 3September 16, 2024 1:05 AM

Exactly, R3.

Justin would be stupid to relinquish his stake in the movie.

I hope he becomes a THORN in Ryan and Blake's fat ass, for years to come!!!

Punish those two fuckers!!

by Anonymousreply 4September 16, 2024 1:08 AM

She is a basic bitch and her behavior is off putting. No one is going to want to work with her.

It’s also puzzling that so many people spent money to watch a movie about domestic violence.

by Anonymousreply 5September 16, 2024 1:11 AM

This couple is now doubling down.

Why a sequel to a domestic violence-themed movie?

by Anonymousreply 6September 16, 2024 1:21 AM

Because the books in the series exist , r7.

by Anonymousreply 7September 16, 2024 1:24 AM

Ryan Reynolds is right up there with Jennifer Garner and Jason Sudeikis: a fake, untalented conniving cunt. Blake is a cunt but she pretends to be nothing different. She's ok in my book.

by Anonymousreply 8September 16, 2024 1:26 AM

OK, thanks, R7.

by Anonymousreply 9September 16, 2024 1:26 AM

She’s such an albatross. She thinks she’s brilliant but reality keeps showing her the opposite. It goes to show you she wouldn’t be anything without her “friend” and husband.

by Anonymousreply 10September 16, 2024 1:29 AM

Eh ... He needs her, as well. They did manage to become a power couple. I think he almost looks ugly, in some photos.

by Anonymousreply 11September 16, 2024 1:30 AM

I like that initially everyone assumed that he was just another problematic male and she was the victim.

It's karma that the narrative has flipped and this is now tanking her career.

The saddest part is that Reynolds is going to down with her.

by Anonymousreply 12September 16, 2024 1:48 AM

So much like Blake

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 16, 2024 2:00 AM

Oops.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 16, 2024 2:00 AM

I am enjoying the schadenfreude of this horse-faced cunt and her gay husband self-sabotaging their careers. They are phony businesspeople posing as “actors” and deserve each other.

by Anonymousreply 15September 16, 2024 2:05 AM

BELIEVE ALL WOMEN! Unless the man is POC? Is that how it works now?

by Anonymousreply 16September 16, 2024 2:27 AM

What's wrong with Jason Sudeikis? I've never heard anything about him.

by Anonymousreply 17September 16, 2024 3:06 AM

Reynolds looks like complete dogshit in OP's photo. Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 18September 16, 2024 3:19 AM

Lol, is this supposed to help her image?

by Anonymousreply 19September 16, 2024 3:22 AM

r3 I am shocked that that movie was a hit. I thought it was a flop from the bad press but no press is bad press because that's a major profit.

by Anonymousreply 20September 16, 2024 4:21 AM

R20, same here. I was rather shocked when I saw what it grossed. I also assumed it was DOA because of that perfect storm of bad interviews and friction with her co-star.

Maybe fans of the book were looking forward to seeing it, so they just ignored all of the BTS infighting and came out in force.

by Anonymousreply 21September 16, 2024 4:37 AM

[quote]It Ends With Us” cost $25 million to produce and is expected to net at least $25 million to $30 million in profits for both Sony (which distributed the film) and director-star Justin Baldoni's Wayfarer Studios (which co-financed it with TSG Entertainment).

It's going to cost Ryan at least $25mm - so, less than what he got paid for Deadpool III before his share of the box office.

by Anonymousreply 22September 16, 2024 4:52 AM

R22 It grossed $325M. Yeah, Ryan's going to have to make an extra trip to the ATM for this one.

by Anonymousreply 23September 16, 2024 5:04 AM

She’s really not a box office star so I don’t understand why Baldoni would sell it to Gosling because it wasn’t Blake that made it a hit, it was the material.

I feel like the general public have never watched a Blake Lively movie.

I feel like this is the first time in her entire career she’s being talked about without the discussion having been planted by her team.

by Anonymousreply 24September 16, 2024 5:17 AM

Fuck both those cunts. I hope Jason doesn't sell out.

by Anonymousreply 25September 16, 2024 5:19 AM

Goaling

by Anonymousreply 26September 16, 2024 5:19 AM

I just love that she’s stayed silent and has had family members and co-stars speak out for her. She’s such a coward.

by Anonymousreply 27September 16, 2024 5:21 AM

[quote] I don’t understand why Baldoni would sell it to Gosling

Reynolds, not Gosling.

[quote] I hope Jason doesn't sell out.

Justin, not Jason.

by Anonymousreply 28September 16, 2024 5:21 AM

And that journalist who she shit on isn’t done spanking her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29September 16, 2024 5:24 AM

[quote] Maybe fans of the book were looking forward to seeing it, so they just ignored all of the BTS infighting and came out in force.

It was probably this. Movie adaptations of books geared towards female audiences can be huge moneymakers.

by Anonymousreply 30September 16, 2024 5:39 AM

This film seems like those right-wing movies where churches and political orgs buy all the tickets but no one actually attends.

Someone should check Reynold’s checkbook and see how many showings at theaters were bought out by Mint Mobile.

by Anonymousreply 31September 16, 2024 11:19 AM

All this drama could have been avoided if Blake wasn't an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 32September 16, 2024 3:03 PM

Hilarious really. Lively got a movie that was a huge success and a possible franchise - and depth-charged it herself through egotism and spite.

by Anonymousreply 33September 16, 2024 4:29 PM

Would Justin really be able to replace Black Lively in a sequel?

by Anonymousreply 34September 16, 2024 7:29 PM

[quote]Would Justin really be able to replace Black Lively in a sequel?

I hope he does if for no other reason than to prove that you can replace actors in general and her specifically.

I hate that it's now a huge deal to recast, especially if the actor died.

by Anonymousreply 35September 16, 2024 11:11 PM

^^^also, I would laugh and laugh and laugh if he replaced Lively with ScarJo.

by Anonymousreply 36September 16, 2024 11:28 PM

Why is Blake Lively a cunt? I know nothing about her outside of her acting roles.

by Anonymousreply 37September 17, 2024 12:04 AM

[quote] Black Lively

She’s my favorite Avenger!

by Anonymousreply 38September 17, 2024 12:05 AM

He’s very average looking

by Anonymousreply 39September 17, 2024 12:50 AM

[quote] I am enjoying the schadenfreude of this horse-faced cunt and her gay husband self-sabotaging their careers.

People are watching those two movies, so alas, I don’t think it will have any long term effect on their careers.

Blake will likely spin it into a I wAs CaNcElLeD bEcAuSe i’M a StRoNg WoMaN PR point in a year or so.

by Anonymousreply 40September 17, 2024 1:43 AM

I'm really disappointed in Ryan through all of this.

Stupid bitch spoiled him for me now.

by Anonymousreply 41September 17, 2024 1:46 AM

[quote] I'm really disappointed in Ryan through all of this.

Nah, he has always seemed like a weasel.

Plus, she's probably holding his closeted secrets, so he has to do her bidding.

Just like Will and Jada.

by Anonymousreply 42September 17, 2024 4:16 AM

[quote] And that journalist who she shit on isn’t done spanking her.

Beg pardon?

by Anonymousreply 43September 17, 2024 4:22 AM

I love that she keeps coming for her

by Anonymousreply 44September 17, 2024 4:42 AM

Oh god, are Blake and Ryan the new Will and Jada? Although it seems more likely that Blake would do the public slapping.

by Anonymousreply 45September 17, 2024 2:10 PM

Can’t he just beat her to a pulp in the first scene of the sequel and then stalk/seduce someone else?

by Anonymousreply 46September 17, 2024 3:00 PM

I like Blake and Ryan. This movie made bank, so, whether Baldoni sells or not, there are no losers in this scenario.

by Anonymousreply 47September 17, 2024 4:27 PM

Wtf is this whole thing about? I haven't seen this movie but I keep hearing about some controversy and bad blood.

Wasn't she a Weinstein favorite?

by Anonymousreply 48September 17, 2024 5:05 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49September 17, 2024 5:15 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50September 17, 2024 5:16 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51September 17, 2024 5:17 PM

The drama surrounding “It Ends With Us” seemed to be some of the biggest entertainment news this week, with Blake Lively catching a lot of heat for her conduct during the press run for the film — and some problematic past actions.

The film, which was adapted from the 2016 bestselling novel of the same name, follows Lively’s character, flower shop owner Lily Bloom. She falls in love with Ryle Kincaid, a seemingly charming neurosurgeon played by director and co-lead Justin Baldoni who lives in her building and pursues her. The couple’s love story takes a volatile turn when Kincaid begins to abuse Lily.

You would think the focal point of the press run would discuss the effects of abuse and how the cast and crew wanted the film to show how complicated narratives of domestic violence can be. (HuffPost senior reporter Elyse Wanshel also covered some of the backlash earlier this week.) Instead, Lively promoted her outside endeavors and seemed pretty flippant or downright avoidant when it came to homing in on how her character navigates abuse. She talked about her newly launched hair care line and tried to have lighthearted conversations with interviewers.

In a viral clip, a reporter asked Lively how someone should go about approaching her to get advice about how to deal with issues of domestic violence. Her answer was pretty distasteful. She easily could have recommended some organizations that help survivors of domestic violence if she personally couldn’t offer help. Instead, she decided to be cheeky and responded by flipping the question with a question to the interviewer. “Like, ask for my phone number, or a location share?” she said before continuing and mentioning Virgo traits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52September 17, 2024 5:19 PM

R52 Perfect recap. Also, she just laughs and laughs at her own responses (including the one about the location share). She is just a vapid mean girl.

by Anonymousreply 53September 17, 2024 5:43 PM

[quote]^^^also, I would laugh and laugh and laugh if he replaced Lively with ScarJo.

I was going to comment about Johansson not coming within miles of all that drama, but then remembered that time she took on a race-swapped Asian role. And that time she took on a role as a trans man. And that time she sued Disney and got them to pony up something like $40 million.

Clearly girlfriend fears nothing, so I suppose it could happen.

by Anonymousreply 54September 17, 2024 5:55 PM

The movie made so much bank because the author of the books, Hoover, has a huge following and that following will buy whatever garbage Hoover produces because they have no taste. Read a few passages and you will see what I mean. Hoover's prose makes 50 Shades look like Shakespeare. I hate to shit on a group of people who read, especially when reading for pleasure continues to wane in the general public. But this stuff is absolute dreck.

by Anonymousreply 55September 17, 2024 6:10 PM

Interesting r55. I’ve never heard of her, but I don’t read fraufic. I guess that’s why Lively optioned the book. Has the author spoken out about Lively being tone deaf in interviews and not addressing domestic violence? Or was she all caught up in the glow of being adjacent to Blake and Ryan?

by Anonymousreply 56September 17, 2024 7:02 PM

The author sided with the Reynold$, knowing that $he would likely get more money/consideration/power from an alliance with the almighty Ryan/Blake duo than Baldoni.

It sucks because they sent her (the author) their cut of the film on the downlow and $he chose their cut over Baldoni's director cut, even though (I believe) his cut was truer to the source material then the Power Twin$.

by Anonymousreply 57September 17, 2024 7:09 PM

Oh, R56, Hoover is as much of a greedy imbecile as Blake. She tried to make a coloring book out of "It Ends With Us" but ending up apologizing and retracting the project when the public criticized her for the ill-conceived idea.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58September 17, 2024 7:22 PM

Hoover took Blake's side. She pays lip-service to the domestic violence them when pressed, but I think to her it was merely a plot device.

by Anonymousreply 59September 17, 2024 7:25 PM

[quote] She talked about her newly launched hair care line and tried to have lighthearted conversations with interviewers.

She truly is a bimbo’s bimbo. And she already has old-lady face.

PR-obsessed Reynold’s will trade her in for a new model in short order. Hopefully he’ll make sure the next one has a brain.

by Anonymousreply 60September 17, 2024 9:05 PM

[quote] I was going to comment about Johansson not coming within miles of all that drama, but then remembered that time she took on a race-swapped Asian role.

She played a robot. Robots don’t have a race.

Terrible movie, nonetheless.

by Anonymousreply 61September 17, 2024 9:07 PM

[quote]I was going to comment about Johansson not coming within miles of all that drama, but then remembered that time she took on a race-swapped Asian role.

The fact that she was married to Reynolds, and Lively was and is a poor man's ScarJo (whom I frankly also despise just a bit) makes her the perfect revenge casting by Baldoni.

by Anonymousreply 62September 18, 2024 3:41 AM

In other news Ryan Reynolds looks gay from outer space.

by Anonymousreply 63September 18, 2024 4:00 AM

[quote] And that time she sued Disney and got them to pony up something like $40 million.

Scarlett Johansson was in the right for that.

by Anonymousreply 64September 19, 2024 9:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!