Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do you believe in Astrology?

Why is it so suddenly popular today? Do you avoid signs that are not compatible with yours and are attracted to the ones compatible?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70September 27, 2024 11:49 PM

No I don’t

by Anonymousreply 1September 15, 2024 9:48 PM

Not in the least. My birthday is early in the “Leo” dates but when I was born it was Virgo that was overhead. Those assigned dates are 3,000 years old and don’t take the universe’s movement into account.

by Anonymousreply 2September 15, 2024 9:59 PM

I don't believe in it at all, but I still like reading it. It's fun fiction, like watching movies or reading fantasy books.

by Anonymousreply 3September 15, 2024 10:02 PM

Astrology is bullshit and I believe none of it. Also I am the most archetypical Scorpio and I fucking hate it.

by Anonymousreply 4September 15, 2024 10:12 PM

It was created to fleece kings. Now it just fleeces women and gays apparently.

by Anonymousreply 5September 15, 2024 10:13 PM

No. I know so many crazy about this and crystals

by Anonymousreply 6September 15, 2024 10:14 PM

Pop astrology can be goofy and superficial, yes, but authentic astrology is incredibly cool. If you study and read the ancient astrological Vedic, Chinese, Jewish, Mesopotamian and Egyptian texts, you find an intricate and beautiful spirituality that details the journey of the soul from birth to enlightenment, the unique and divine calling of the individual, the variations, multitudes and paradoxes of human nature, and the harmony, discord and balance between all living things.

by Anonymousreply 7September 15, 2024 10:14 PM

I think it’s just dog-brained behavior for people to conveniently give themselves all the benefit of the doubt (it’s not my fault, I’m an Aries!) while simultaneously giving everyone else zero. Zero thinking or mental effort on your part to explain everybody’s behavior.

by Anonymousreply 8September 15, 2024 10:16 PM

R7 Fucking hippies.

by Anonymousreply 9September 15, 2024 10:19 PM

Yeah everyone loves to use the excuse “it’s just fun!!!” when astrology is remotely criticized. And sure, on a superficial level, knowing your sign and joking about it can be fun - in the same way you might give your friend from Philly a hard time for being a dirtbag.

But more and more people seem to be taking it seriously. Using it to make decisions, factoring it into their friendships, using it to rationalize their life, refusing to work on themselves because “that’s just how Libras are”.

People clearly are missing systems and beliefs that they can trust in, and throwing themselves fully into anything that vaguely represents a coherent worldview.

by Anonymousreply 10September 15, 2024 10:24 PM

Grow up, OP.

by Anonymousreply 11September 15, 2024 10:42 PM

I trust tarot over astrology for no discernible reason. I received a foreboding reading that came true.

It’s silly, but I no longer play with either one. There’s other ways to build a day.

by Anonymousreply 12September 15, 2024 10:48 PM

Crock of shit!

by Anonymousreply 13September 15, 2024 10:52 PM

“There’s other ways to build a day”

Is our children learning?

by Anonymousreply 14September 15, 2024 10:54 PM

Astrology is just labels, before labels became cool.

"I'm on the spectrum" "Oh, that's an Aries for you"

by Anonymousreply 15September 15, 2024 11:05 PM

OP replies to herself a lot.

by Anonymousreply 16September 15, 2024 11:13 PM

No. It's total bullshit. Most horoscopes are so vague and broad, they could apply to anyone and anything. People believe because it, like religion, provides simple explanations for complex issues.

The only saving grace is that if someone brings it up, it's an easy excuse to not take that person seriously.

by Anonymousreply 17September 15, 2024 11:19 PM

Linda Goodman's 'Sun Signs' is worth buying. She's right on the money when describing people under their signs.

by Anonymousreply 18September 15, 2024 11:19 PM

I don't know, OP. You tell me.

by Anonymousreply 19September 15, 2024 11:22 PM

I lost over $20,000 trading stock options based on astrology and crystal grid activation.

by Anonymousreply 20September 15, 2024 11:26 PM

I think there is some truth to the season you are born in and how it influences your personality. There is science to back this up.

However, astrology is silly. It’s fun to think about sometimes. I don’t take it seriously.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21September 15, 2024 11:28 PM

Speaking of r21

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22September 15, 2024 11:29 PM

Also

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 15, 2024 11:30 PM

R20 You miscalculated the signs, omens, or aura somewhere. Re-run the numbers and then double down; you’ll make it all back guaranteed.

by Anonymousreply 24September 15, 2024 11:35 PM

Birthday racism.

by Anonymousreply 25September 15, 2024 11:39 PM

R10: You know what? Give the choice, I'll take people getting into this then going back to the homophobic monotheisms we as a society seem to be casting off finally. I'm at peace with it.

Comparative astrology can be fun, your Chinese sign vs Mayan vs Western and the method of determination.

by Anonymousreply 26September 16, 2024 12:41 AM

Astrology on a predictive level like in daily newspapers? Load of absolute garbage and codswallop.

On the other hand - I am a [bold]very[/bold] Libran Libran and I share various characteristics with other Librans I come across. The traits part is a bit of fun.

by Anonymousreply 27September 16, 2024 1:00 AM

The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

by Anonymousreply 28September 16, 2024 1:24 AM

I had an astrology boyfriend in college who quit talking to me because he and a friend buried a piece of paper with my name on it in the sand & then he couldn’t find it. Apparently that meant I wasn’t the one for him.

by Anonymousreply 29September 16, 2024 1:25 AM

When I generated my natal chart and saw that 4 of the major planets are in 9H, it made so much sense because I've always been interested in foreign languages. I also moved to another country and I feel much more comfortable here.

by Anonymousreply 30September 16, 2024 1:29 AM

Astrologers will claim that the single most important influence on you is the position of the sun in the zodiac. This is so, so important that, when astrology and astronomy split and astrologers stopped tracking celestial movements, they also stopped correcting for precession and the zodiac they use doesn't line up with where the sun actually is.

The single most important influence in all of astrology, and they can't be bothered to verify it is actually where they say it is. Because it doesn't really matter. Astrology, like most other forms of divination, relies on generic predictions and techniques like cold reading, not actual data. You could scramble an astrological prediction up and give it to the wrong people (and, in fact, studies have done exactly that) and get essentially identical proportions of people who say their horoscope came true.

by Anonymousreply 31September 16, 2024 1:30 AM

A guy at work is very into it. The funny thing is, he's nothing like his sign. He, of course, seems completely oblivious to this fact.

by Anonymousreply 32September 16, 2024 1:38 AM

Astrology = Flat earther.

Sure, I'd fuck them if they are hot enough, but I'm giving them a fake number (and I'm a 6 at best).

by Anonymousreply 33September 16, 2024 1:41 AM

Suddenly?

by Anonymousreply 34September 16, 2024 1:42 AM

Red flag when I meet a guy

by Anonymousreply 35September 16, 2024 1:47 AM

R35, you’re supposed to say, “I’m a Sagitarius and I’m not allowed to believe in Astrology”.

After you fuck them, introduce them to vertically integrated multi-level marketing plans that make people $7,907 per month. It will keep them busy.

by Anonymousreply 36September 16, 2024 1:50 AM

Nope

But as a cultural artifact, yes

by Anonymousreply 37September 16, 2024 2:02 AM

Love the soundtrack!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38September 16, 2024 2:08 AM

*Runs a civilian over with a car.*

Lol I’m such a Gemini.

by Anonymousreply 39September 16, 2024 2:08 AM

Astrology/new age/wiccan stuff is popular with women because they are basically the only religious/spiritual belief systems that don't dominate and suppress women.

I personally think it’s a bunch of hooey but like other spiritual beliefs it gives some people meaning and comfort. So as long as they aren't hurting anyone I don't care.

And if you think about it the top Abrahamic religions are pretty woowoo as well.

by Anonymousreply 40September 16, 2024 2:11 AM

Mercury is in retrograde from the week after the election until right before Christmas.

You’ve been warned bitches.

by Anonymousreply 41September 16, 2024 2:15 AM

I believe in it and have for over 30 years. It’s much more complex than just looking at peoples sun signs. Like anything that becomes a trend it’s annoying and obnoxious now. All these narcissists on social media using it to get attention.

by Anonymousreply 42September 16, 2024 2:16 AM

No, but it's fun. It's obvious that our personalities are largely inherited.

by Anonymousreply 43September 16, 2024 2:27 AM

It has connections to other belief systems. For example the three wise men who visited Jesus when he was born were supposed to be astrologists (or astronomers). The "star of Bethlehem" which drew them there was probably Jupiter at a time when its orbit brings it closest to Earth.

I also once read that the astrological alignment at the time of Jesus' birth was replicated sometime in the early 1960's... somewhere He walks amongst us and He's around 60 years old.

by Anonymousreply 44September 16, 2024 2:31 AM

I'm an Aquarius with a Scorpio rising sign and a moon in Libra. It's not entirely inaccurate in describing me.

I'll see myself out.

by Anonymousreply 45September 16, 2024 2:37 AM

♎️♎️🦀 as my Big Three. And, the bestest placement of all for sexual energy: ♀️🦂!

by Anonymousreply 46September 16, 2024 3:05 AM

♐️♐️♓️ is my Big Three. I will cut a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 47September 16, 2024 3:10 AM

🦀 ♐️ ♉️ I’m a mess

by Anonymousreply 48September 16, 2024 3:12 AM

Nope.

by Anonymousreply 49September 16, 2024 3:21 AM

It's true that the generalized horoscopes as people know them are pointless, but I think examining someone's entire birth chart is a whole different story. Like most belief systems, it doe shave ancient origins that run deep in history as R44 touches on. I have conflicting feelings about it as I do on almost everything, so I have trouble making up my mind what I believe about it (my sister-in-law who is very into astrology would attribute this to me being a Libra rising).

by Anonymousreply 50September 16, 2024 3:37 AM

R41: But for whom does Mercury back its ass up for, we ask ourselves?

by Anonymousreply 51September 16, 2024 3:44 AM

Yes, until I grew up and left fairy tales behind.

by Anonymousreply 52September 16, 2024 3:44 AM

What about the people who sage their apts?

by Anonymousreply 53September 16, 2024 3:59 AM

Just found out that a friend carries some kind of stone for good energy lol

by Anonymousreply 54September 16, 2024 4:00 AM

r54 If it makes him feel better, how does it negatively impact you?

by Anonymousreply 55September 16, 2024 11:23 AM

not one bit

by Anonymousreply 56September 16, 2024 11:45 AM

it just proves to me that they are fucking stupid.

Do you think bill gates believe in this?

Do you think Obama believes in this?

A smart person does not believe in this utter BS.

by Anonymousreply 57September 16, 2024 6:44 PM

The problem for me is...I don't know how to take people who believe in this seriously.

Do you have friends who believe in this ? and crystals and saging etc etc?

by Anonymousreply 58September 16, 2024 6:46 PM

Not really. But I have an open mind.

by Anonymousreply 59September 16, 2024 8:25 PM

A friend gave me a cool little housewarming gift once that had positive energy stuff - sage, incense, etc. I burned it - I thought it was fun - no harm done. She's a very smart/successful person, and actually a delight to be around.

by Anonymousreply 60September 16, 2024 8:32 PM

Astrology is very mathematical. It's fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 61September 16, 2024 8:34 PM

only dumb cunts believe in this shit. they will also believe and pay thousands for psychics to remove "spells" etc on them...

by Anonymousreply 62September 16, 2024 9:23 PM

make sure you bring up your belief in Astrology in your next job interview!!! See if you will be hired Lmao

by Anonymousreply 63September 16, 2024 9:24 PM

My friend asked me to look at the fucking full moon tonight and she's doing some supernatural ritual

by Anonymousreply 64September 17, 2024 11:53 PM

Okay, so I’ve been deep-diving into astrology recently, and 2025 is shaping up to be a crazy year. What’s wild is that every single outer planet is going to be in a different sign by September 2025 compared to where they are right now in 2024. I’m talking about Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto— all of them moving. Like, every major planet is shifting signs within a year. Has that ever even happened before?! If it has, it must be incredibly rare.

And the fact that this leads up to the Saturn-Neptune conjunction in Aries in February 2026 just adds more intensity. That conjunction alone is a huge deal because it happens at the start of the Zodiac with Aries energy, making it even more significant. It’s literally the beginning of a whole new cycle. You don’t see this kind of thing happening all the time in astrology, and it’s expected to trigger a major wave of change.

2025 might end up being one of the most transformative years of this century, astrologically speaking. And honestly, when you think about how that could spill into real life... it could easily mean big shifts in culture, society, and maybe even politics. Like, I’m talking chaotic times in 2026 and 2027, where all these changes are going to start manifesting in ways we can’t even imagine yet.

Now, I get it. Not everyone here believes in astrology— and that's totally fine. I know to some of you this might sound like nonsense. But this is a place where we can throw around ideas, even ones that don’t always fit into strict scientific explanations. You don’t have to believe me, but I’d appreciate it if you kept an open mind and just heard me out. I’m not here to convince anyone, just sharing my perspective on what could be a really pivotal moment in the near future. So, even if astrology isn’t your thing, at least consider it as food for thought.

by Anonymousreply 65September 27, 2024 8:54 PM

I don't know how it works and deep down I still don't believe in it, but fuck me if those long-term transits currently going on in my life aren't completely on point. The first pass of Jupiter sextile Jupiter brought a new dentist into my life, which I have been without since something like 2017, I don't even remember anymore. Two to go and I hope they result in equally pleasant opportunities.

But for some reason, it's the Neptune transits that fuck me up the most. Had a second pass of Neptune square Mercury last week and someone mistook me for a burglar and attacked me on my nightly jog – I legit have PTSD now and am afraid to go outside. Coupled with something else highly unpleasant that happened that day, it was probably the lowest point in my life (so far). I love clinging to illusions, so maybe that's why, because Neptune rules over those.

Anyway, I'm not not really going to go back and forth with the doubters, I probably won't even post in this thread again. I am just going to say that I'm in for a second pass of Uranus square Ascendant next month and I am NOT ready for it, that shit felt horrible back in June, like my whole self-image was dissolving.

by Anonymousreply 66September 27, 2024 9:06 PM

Taurus the Cow.

by Anonymousreply 67September 27, 2024 10:58 PM

Jesus Christ some of you need to learn that DL is not your diary.

by Anonymousreply 68September 27, 2024 11:10 PM

I’m quite shocked that so many people actually believe that everyone on earth born in the same month has the same personality.

by Anonymousreply 69September 27, 2024 11:17 PM

R65 I remember in the years before 2008 a bunch of astrologers predicted the financial crash and that was a big moment of belief for me

by Anonymousreply 70September 27, 2024 11:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!