Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Most Unhealthy Menu Items at America’s Fast-Food Chains

Five Guys Cheeseburger rated Unhealthiest in it's class. Culver's Butterburger was rated the best but I don't see cheese or bacon on it so that doesn't seem like a fair comparison. I do like Culver's though.

Popeye's Chicken sandwich most unhealthy. McDonald’s McChicken is the Least Unhealthy Fast-Food Chicken Burger but once again that is the small one that used to be on the dollar menu so doesn't seem like a fair comparison.

The Least Healthy Chicken Nuggets Are at Popeyes and McDonald's McNuggets are the best.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37September 16, 2024 8:41 PM

Five Guys Fries are also ranked Unhealthiest. In and Out's fries are ranked healthiest but I have heard they are bland, I live in the midwest so no In and Out here.

by Anonymousreply 1September 15, 2024 4:00 AM

McDonald's shake is the healthiest but I don't think that it technically ice cream.

by Anonymousreply 2September 15, 2024 4:01 AM

Five Guys Cajun Fries are the bomb!

Only ever eaten them once but they were incredible.

by Anonymousreply 3September 15, 2024 4:03 AM

I am in the minority but I love the shoestring fries at Steak and Shake but the one by me closed, I really like their burgers too.

by Anonymousreply 4September 15, 2024 4:07 AM

[quote]Chicken Burger

Is the writer from the UK?

by Anonymousreply 5September 15, 2024 4:07 AM

I always wondered why McDonalds never did onion rings, when I go to Burger King I get onion rings instead of their fries. The only BK is in another town so I get it maybe once a year but sometimes I am just in the mood for a Whopper.

by Anonymousreply 6September 15, 2024 4:08 AM

Five Guys is my favorite if I want fast good.

by Anonymousreply 7September 15, 2024 4:11 AM

r5 they used the UK Department of Health's nutrient profiling method

by Anonymousreply 8September 15, 2024 4:11 AM

McDonald’s chicken nuggets are heavily processed and include beaks, eyes, etc. How are everyone else’s even worse ?!

by Anonymousreply 9September 15, 2024 4:43 AM

I want to know how normal it is to eat this stuff regularly. I don’t eat up straight up fast food, but I love the sodium filled frozen aisle of my local grocer.

by Anonymousreply 10September 15, 2024 4:50 AM

Never order the turkey tails at Jiggers and Chitlens.

by Anonymousreply 11September 15, 2024 5:20 AM

[quote]McDonald’s chicken nuggets are heavily processed and include beaks, eyes, etc.

Not true. McDonald's claims it's only chicken breast meat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 15, 2024 5:27 AM

As a teen I used to eat at Hot N Now and Get Em N Go because they were so inexpensive but I always wondered what was in their burgers. Both restaurants are gone from our area now.

by Anonymousreply 13September 15, 2024 6:33 AM

Thank you R12. I didn’t know it had been proven false.

by Anonymousreply 14September 15, 2024 7:52 AM

R12 R14 There is a version amount of so called extruder meat that can be added without it having to be labeled. It costs cents on the kilogram and if course it's beaks etc. Someone developed a test, for microscopic bone splinters and freaked the industry out for a while because an easy test can now show the amount of cheap crap they use. But as it tur ed out, no one really cares so much. (For me the mislabeling is just perverted but what I really mind are the awful conditions the animals live and die in. I don't care if it's feet or breast tbh.)

by Anonymousreply 15September 15, 2024 9:27 AM

For the past month or so I've noticed a clickbait change in my Yahoo feed, where they're beginning to flag down attention for 'the worst' or 'most unhealthy' products. The point still seems to be to generate interest in the products they're ostensibly panning.

Weird.

by Anonymousreply 16September 15, 2024 11:05 AM

How is something called a Butterburger the healthiest?

by Anonymousreply 17September 15, 2024 12:01 PM

[quote]Culver's Butterburger was rated the best

A burger with butter on it is the best?

by Anonymousreply 18September 15, 2024 12:03 PM

McNuggets - chicken lips and assholes

by Anonymousreply 19September 15, 2024 12:17 PM

I read these as recommendations rather than a caution.

by Anonymousreply 20September 15, 2024 12:21 PM

r17 r18 the top bun is buttered not the meat

by Anonymousreply 21September 15, 2024 12:31 PM

buttered meat

by Anonymousreply 22September 15, 2024 12:38 PM

This thread is making me hungry

by Anonymousreply 23September 15, 2024 1:13 PM

Sorry R17, I didn't see your post.

-- R18

And if the bun is buttered, doesn't that go next to the meat? You might as well call it Fatburger (yes, I'm aware that chain also exists).

by Anonymousreply 24September 15, 2024 2:23 PM

Is KY the perfect dipping sauce for extruder meat?

by Anonymousreply 25September 15, 2024 2:31 PM

Speaking of people with no critical thinking skills!

Did you notice that the Five Guys cheeseburger has [italic]two[/italic] hamburger patties while the McDonald's & BK cheeseburgers used for this comparison only have [italic]one[/italic] ??

Go back and look at the differences in the burgers they're comparing and you'll see that this is an odious comparison meant to fool you.

Damn, you guys are suckers.

by Anonymousreply 26September 15, 2024 3:14 PM

No wonder Americans are fat and unhealthy. Here is a comparison between fast food portion sizes, UK vs US.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27September 15, 2024 4:20 PM

Yes, but the UK is filling up with fatties fast

by Anonymousreply 28September 15, 2024 8:57 PM

I REFUSE to believe McDonald's chicken nuggets and chicken burgers ranked as the least unhealthy of their category. There is no way that is even real chicken or of better quality than Chick-fil-A.

by Anonymousreply 29September 15, 2024 9:50 PM

Girls, girls, you're all repulsive fast-food swill!

by Anonymousreply 30September 15, 2024 9:52 PM

r24 the bun is buttered and then toasted a little bit, you wouldn't know there was any butter involved. It is a good burger though.

by Anonymousreply 31September 16, 2024 12:40 PM

Dear Lord in Heaven!

by Anonymousreply 32September 16, 2024 8:16 PM

R5 They don’t mean ground chicken. They mean a chicken patty on a bun.

by Anonymousreply 33September 16, 2024 8:31 PM

Now I really want a Five Guys dinner! And you can keep your Culvers Buttburger😉

by Anonymousreply 34September 16, 2024 8:31 PM

R6 Burger King’s onion rings are horrible. Popeyes at selection locations in the DC area used to sell onion rings. Them shits were absolutely delicious.

by Anonymousreply 35September 16, 2024 8:32 PM

r15 Great link / proof

by Anonymousreply 36September 16, 2024 8:33 PM

You’re all a bunch of liars!

by Anonymousreply 37September 16, 2024 8:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!