Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

George Will endorses Kamala Harris as Trump campaign continues its Hindenburg impression

This is the political equivalent of edging.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 15, 2024 2:10 PM

This endorsement clearly will seal the deal. Kamala, pack your bags. You move to the West Wing. This Will guy just handed you the presidency.

by Anonymousreply 1September 15, 2024 1:53 AM

He never supported Trump, did he? He is one of the only conservatives alive today who doesn't make me vomit.

by Anonymousreply 2September 15, 2024 1:54 AM

Kinda surprised he endorsed anyone. I don’t think he’s written or said anything remotely approving of Harris. It helps, though, to not be Trump.

by Anonymousreply 3September 15, 2024 1:55 AM

R2 - he still makes me vomit.

So, their preferred outcome would be the election of Harris, and of a Republican Senate to regularly remind her that most Americans disagree with most of what she believes.

Bullshit - the majority of Americans agree with Dems on almost EVERY issue. I never understood why he has so much standing. He's an old school, 'i'm a white straight guy and I tell it like it is' fogey along the lines of old school conservatives.

I can't wait for this and many other old conservatives to die - they've been a cancer on our society for far too long.

by Anonymousreply 4September 15, 2024 1:59 AM

Trump has the endorsement of that cute chick, Nicky Jam. So, this won't matter

by Anonymousreply 5September 15, 2024 1:59 AM

Well, this should change 10's of votes.

by Anonymousreply 6September 15, 2024 2:08 AM

Who did his hairpiece support?

by Anonymousreply 7September 15, 2024 2:21 AM

Don't let George Will's awards fool you - he's against campaign finance reform (money is a form of free speech!), thinks Roe V. Wade original decision was wrong, denies global warming, and said that campus rapes are being blown out of proportion and are unfair.

He has side-stepped racial and other issues - but believe you me, he's a racist and a homophobe.

His 2nd wife has worked on the political campaigns for Scott Walker (!), Michele Bachman, and Mitt Romney.

He's an ASSHOLE that has been elevated because he SOMETIMES criticizes Republicans and because he uses large words in his columns. Seriously. Fuck this guy.

by Anonymousreply 8September 15, 2024 2:21 AM

That’s not a hairpiece, R7.

by Anonymousreply 9September 15, 2024 2:32 AM

To his credit, he never supported the Iraq War.

by Anonymousreply 10September 15, 2024 2:33 AM

When I used to watch Special Report on Fox (just to see what they were saying), he was briefly a paid contributor. When I saw him in ‘16 trashing Trump, I knew he was not long for the Fox world. Sure enough, he was soon gone, never to be seen again by Fox viewers.

by Anonymousreply 11September 15, 2024 2:36 AM

For a while, he appeared occasionally on MSNBC as an anti-Trump Republican, but I don't think he's been on MSNBC recently.

by Anonymousreply 12September 15, 2024 2:39 AM

The old cunt has even given up the bow tie. Hold me David!

by Anonymousreply 13September 15, 2024 3:10 AM

[quote]He is one of the only conservatives alive today who doesn't make me vomit.

Some might say that is an indication that he's not a real conservative.

by Anonymousreply 14September 15, 2024 7:03 AM

George's classic takedown of Bill O'Reilly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 15, 2024 10:56 AM

Remember when he wrote that op-ed how people shouldn’t be allowed to wear jeans?

by Anonymousreply 16September 15, 2024 11:11 AM

Guessing that was tongue in cheek, R16.

by Anonymousreply 17September 15, 2024 11:20 AM

OP, the difference is that when the Trump campaign crashes into the ground, nobody will mention the word "humanity".

by Anonymousreply 18September 15, 2024 2:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!