Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bill Maher: Trump’s Racist Haitian Conspiracy Theory Is ‘Like Noah’s Ark, if Noah Was a Fat Asshole’

Republicans have started spreading a shockingly racist conspiracy theory against Haitian immigrants in Ohio — falsely accusing them of kidnapping pets and eating them. And this includes Donald Trump, who brought it up during the debate against Kamala Harris on Tuesday.

Since then, Trump has changed up which animals he says are being abducted, prompting Bill Maher to joke during Friday’s “Real Time” monologue that this is “like Noah’s Ark, if Noah was a fat a–hole.”

For some background, Springfield, Ohio is home to a growing community of immigrants from Haiti who are here legally. Late in 2023, an 11 year old boy was tragically killed when a Haitian immigrant driving in the wrong lane collided with a school bus. That man has since been received a 9-13-year prison sentence.

White supremacists have used this tragedy to stoke racist resentment against the Haitian community, culminating in this conspiracy theory. In response, the boy’s parents have spoken out in defense of Haitians and have demanded people stop using their son to stoke hatred.

Back to Maher who explained this situation using an unfortunate joke about another ethnic group, adding, “How can you top this today? Trump is walking it back. He said, ‘No, I’m sorry, not that, not the cats and the dog, it’s the ducks and the geese. They’re going to the ponds. They’re going to the ponds, and they’re taking the geese to eat them.’ And this is what Trump supporters are doing now, trying to prove that the distinct book, this insanity that he’s basing the campaign on is true. They’re literally on a wild goose chase.”

“As the list of animals, it’s growing and growing like Noah’s Ark, if Noah was a fat a–hole,” Maher continued.

“And where is he getting this from? Well, he’s got a new bulls–t whisperer named Laura Loomer. Of course, that’s her name. Laura Loomer, there she is. He’s with her everywhere,” Maher added. “Now for Maga people, she’s like for people who find Marjorie Taylor Greene too intellectual.”

“She believes in a birtherism. She’s a 9/11 truther. ‘Crisis actor,’ ‘Pizzagate,’ ‘rigged elections.’ You’ve heard of Florida Man? She’s Florida woman,” Maher went on.

“Now, there’s a big fight within the Republican Party. I love this because, yes, Marjorie Taylor Greene, the voice of sanity,” Maher said with disbelief, “has come out against Laura Loomer. Says she’s too far right. She’s a racist. Now Loomer has accused Marjorie Taylor Greene, she says Marjorie Taylor Greene is an anti Semite, and she cheats on her husband, and she said, I can’t believe I have to report this, she said her lady parts resemble an Arby’s sandwich, which is so offensive to Arby’s.

“Then Lindsay Graham, the other real housewives guest member, got involved, and he’s attacking Laura Loomer, [saying] she’s toxic. And she posted back, ‘we know you’re gay, Lindsay.’ Let’s see David Muir fact check that,” Maher joked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32September 18, 2024 10:56 AM

[quote] “Then Lindsay Graham, the other real housewives guest member, got involved, and he’s attacking Laura Loomer, saying she’s toxic. And she posted back, ‘we know you’re gay, Lindsay.’ Let’s see David Muir fact check that,” Maher joked.

Haha.

Fact check THAT, bitch!

by Anonymousreply 1September 14, 2024 10:09 PM

Oh look another Trump thread.

by Anonymousreply 2September 14, 2024 10:09 PM

All these folks are so OVAH.

by Anonymousreply 3September 14, 2024 10:12 PM

Boy Bye. Stop tryna compensate for you over the top bodsiderism. I kid I kid. I forever love me some Bill Maher. I used to watch Politically Incorrect as a gayling and then brother would come in my room and force me to watch Sports Center.

by Anonymousreply 4September 14, 2024 10:22 PM

Just reading this story sounds so incredibly ABSURD, no one could possibly think that it's true.

Except, it IS true.

This is today's Republican Party.

And yet, half the country is still voting for these ridiculous clowns.

by Anonymousreply 5September 14, 2024 10:24 PM

So we like Bill Maher again? I'll have to update my spreadsheet. Again.

by Anonymousreply 6September 14, 2024 10:25 PM

Bill Maher predicted on his show last night that Trump would lose the election.

by Anonymousreply 7September 14, 2024 10:26 PM

[quote] “Then Lindsay Graham, the other real housewives guest member, got involved, and he’s attacking Laura Loomer, saying she’s toxic. And she posted back, ‘we know you’re gay, Lindsay.’ Let’s see David Muir fact check that,” Maher joked.

How VERY DARE she!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 14, 2024 10:29 PM

"All these folks are so OVAH."

Especially Maher.

by Anonymousreply 9September 14, 2024 10:47 PM

Bill Maher? Have I been teleported back to 2006?

by Anonymousreply 10September 14, 2024 11:07 PM

Last night’s show was a pretty bad one. Maher and Al Frankin were meagerly accommodating to Kristen Soltis Anderson. Anderson was a good guest, thoughtful, expressive, honest. Frankin burped up a few clipped responses. Maher sounds like he’s editing the commentary in his head, rejecting jokes fed to him in real time, and “reaching” for some that might land. Many didn’t last night.

Alex Karp was pretty fascinating. I want to learn more about him.

by Anonymousreply 11September 14, 2024 11:44 PM

Did Al grab her tits?

by Anonymousreply 12September 14, 2024 11:46 PM

Maher is styled carefully for this program. His suits flatter his build. I notice his shirt cuffs are measured carefully to show when he moves his arms. He looks nice. I’ve seen him in real life. It must be a process getting him to look as nice as he does on camera.

by Anonymousreply 13September 14, 2024 11:48 PM

R12 Franklin’s quick tumble into (relative) obscurity is an interesting example of cancel culture. He must have a huge pile of remorse for the way it all transpired.

by Anonymousreply 14September 14, 2024 11:51 PM

live by the sword, die by the sword.

by Anonymousreply 15September 14, 2024 11:52 PM

R13 Lawd. The last line was a subtle read.

by Anonymousreply 16September 15, 2024 12:08 AM

What in the fuck is Donald Trump even griping about?

Does he realize that his own sons HUNT animals, just for fun? And not even for food??

Someone needs to run commercials of these two assholes posing next to their kills.

And THEN we can talk about the Haitians.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 15, 2024 1:21 AM

Al Franken barely said a word, that surprised me.

by Anonymousreply 18September 15, 2024 1:50 AM

Franken seemed drugged. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 19September 15, 2024 2:09 AM

How old is Maher?

by Anonymousreply 20September 15, 2024 2:12 AM

^ 69ish.

by Anonymousreply 21September 15, 2024 7:37 AM

[quote] and then brother would come in my room and force me to watch Sports Center

What else would your brother force you to do, tea cake?

by Anonymousreply 22September 15, 2024 7:48 AM

So, Maher is now predicting Trump will lose.

What happened to his schtick about how all the PC and pro-trans stuff spelled doom for the Democrats?

Maher sure does blow hot and cold.

But mostly he just blows.

by Anonymousreply 23September 15, 2024 12:42 PM

[quote]Alex Karp was pretty fascinating. I want to learn more about him.

Even though I spent most of his segment looking at him trying to figure out his hairline, he does give off excited big nerd dick energy. He looks like the type on the spectrum who emerged from his coding hovel a billionaire excited by all the new opportunities to use the thick meat between his legs that no one paid attention to before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 15, 2024 1:25 PM

Well, this is quite the turnaround for Bill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 15, 2024 1:49 PM

Alex Karp doesn’t appear to be married. Gay?

by Anonymousreply 26September 15, 2024 2:03 PM

Wow, he's so insightful @R25. After even Helen Keller could see Trump's campaign for a self-imploding disaster.

by Anonymousreply 27September 15, 2024 2:29 PM

Don't call it yet, Bill.

We still have a month and a half to go.

No one should be complacent right now!

by Anonymousreply 28September 15, 2024 3:25 PM

Who could forget all of the pundits saying Trump could never win

(even up until he did eventually win the EC)=

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29September 18, 2024 2:29 AM

[Quote] I forever love me some Bill Maher.

How was your trip through Conemaugh Valley, not-your-n-at-all?

by Anonymousreply 30September 18, 2024 2:39 AM

I prefer Timothy Findlay's version of Noah's Ark.

by Anonymousreply 31September 18, 2024 2:42 AM

I don't think it's clear Trump is losing.... Electoral college.

by Anonymousreply 32September 18, 2024 10:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!