Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What was Ivanka Trump's last straw?

She is absolutely nowhere to be found in this election cycle.

I think it's pretty clear that Ivanka wants no part of a 2nd Trump Presidency.

But what pushed her over the edge?

Was it January 6, 2021? Or losing all her NY friends?

I'd like to know.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39September 14, 2024 6:49 PM

Jared is hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 14, 2024 1:01 AM

Jarod strikes me as a poor man's Noah Wylie in looks.

by Anonymousreply 2September 14, 2024 1:02 AM

Oh look. Another Trump thread.

by Anonymousreply 3September 14, 2024 1:05 AM

He's quite fit, isn't he?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 14, 2024 1:07 AM

Last straw? She's an opportunist and sees her father going down in flames. She isn't going to be a part of that. Let Don Jr. and Eric pick up the pieces.

by Anonymousreply 5September 14, 2024 1:07 AM

[quote]She's an opportunist and sees her father going down in flames. She isn't going to be a part of that. Let Don Jr. and Eric pick up the pieces.

Cheeto is right about one thing - Ivanka is the only kid with a brain. Uday and Qusay are going to end up living in some shack filled with crap - Mar-a-Lago Gardens.

by Anonymousreply 6September 14, 2024 1:10 AM

She and Jarod grifted a hundred million dollars oe so from the A-rabs, so they don't have to sully their hands with politics.

by Anonymousreply 7September 14, 2024 1:12 AM

[quote] shack filled with crap

They already are: Mar-A-Lago.

by Anonymousreply 8September 14, 2024 1:13 AM

I thought it was the murder of her mother, being pushed down that flight of stairs...

by Anonymousreply 9September 14, 2024 1:25 AM

Jared and Ivanka are not social outcasts within their financial and fame cohort.

Apparently, NY isn't the center of the social universe anymore. It's California, where just within the past few months they were pictured with the Kardashians and Jeff Bezos and Lauren Sanchez at a birthday party.

Yes, let me anticipate your distaste at that group, but like it or not, the NY society thing isn't a thing anymore, so I doubt they're feeling much sting at being persona non grata there, if they actually are.

A couple of years ago, Ivanka was pictured chatting with Prince William at one of those billionaires' cattle-call weddings in a wealthy Arabic country. I thought he looked a bit tentative at being pictured with her, or was that just my hopeful imagination? I thought it was interesting that Catherine wasn't very close to them while they were talking.

The point is that although her Dad is one of Earth's most hated people, the Kushner money allows them entry into a lot of social places where they think their presence is just fine.

Wishing they'd be in sack cloth and publicly shunned, as they should be, is just for us to wish for here among the great unwashed.

"There is only one sin among the wealthy-poverty."

by Anonymousreply 10September 14, 2024 1:32 AM

She’s laying in wait. She’s on the grift too

by Anonymousreply 11September 14, 2024 1:44 AM

[quote] Jared is hot.

He’s just slim and white.

I guess that’s all that matters.

His stint in the White House, including his draconian response to Covid showed what an awful person he was. But some DLers have never been turned off by a lack in character, only muscle tone.

by Anonymousreply 12September 14, 2024 3:01 AM

The NY society thing isn't a thing when you're not part of it.

by Anonymousreply 13September 14, 2024 3:10 AM

[quote] What was Ivanka Trump's last straw?

REPORTEDLY all those straws used to hoover up Adderall and cocaine.

by Anonymousreply 14September 14, 2024 3:16 AM

I wonder if she ever visits her mom at the golf course.

by Anonymousreply 15September 14, 2024 3:17 AM

They love Saudi money, but not their values.

by Anonymousreply 16September 14, 2024 3:19 AM

Duh.

Greed.

by Anonymousreply 17September 14, 2024 3:26 AM

[quote] the NY society thing isn't a thing anymore

Yeah, right. I'm sure there are rich-people cliques in NY. Give me a break.

by Anonymousreply 18September 14, 2024 3:30 AM

What are her daughters' ages?

by Anonymousreply 19September 14, 2024 3:30 AM

I have a hard time believing that the Kardashians, Bezos and his girlfriend represent the absolute center of the social world, r10. It sounds like wishful thinking.

by Anonymousreply 20September 14, 2024 3:43 AM

Old enough to keep them away from Grandpa, r19.

by Anonymousreply 21September 14, 2024 3:44 AM

^My point, exactly.

by Anonymousreply 22September 14, 2024 3:49 AM

I wonder if the Kushner kids will be as tall as Barron?

Jared is 6'3 and Ivanka is 5'11.

They're both actually taller than Donald and Melania.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 14, 2024 3:49 AM

If Trump gets back in the White House they will be back grifting right along side of him. Guaranteed.

by Anonymousreply 24September 14, 2024 3:53 AM

Her brand went into the toilet, so her husband had to beg the Saudis for cash.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 14, 2024 3:53 AM

Jared looks bow-legged to me.

by Anonymousreply 26September 14, 2024 4:17 AM

Just wait until they lose all that Saudi money and MBS comes after them and does them like Khashoggi.

by Anonymousreply 27September 14, 2024 4:20 AM

She's a gold digger and married to Jared (who has money), so she's not dependent on Turd - compared to Uday and Qusay, who are checking for crumbs all the time.

When the subpoenas started going out, I think she finally realized she needed to distance herself.

by Anonymousreply 28September 14, 2024 4:26 AM

wedding photo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29September 14, 2024 4:58 AM

WHET Tiffany?

by Anonymousreply 30September 14, 2024 4:58 AM

R30 I have a few more brain cells, so I decided to stand back and watch Hurricane Laura.

by Anonymousreply 31September 14, 2024 5:13 AM

Hedging bets. If he wins, daddy won't say no. If he loses it's clean hands.

by Anonymousreply 32September 14, 2024 5:32 AM

I wonder if she actually felt shame about her disgusting and unnatural relationship with her father.

by Anonymousreply 33September 14, 2024 5:37 AM

Ivanka is 'Complicit' - SNL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34September 14, 2024 5:45 AM

I don't think she's all that political. She liked the status of the white house but I don't think she really enjoys being associated with that world or wants to be involved in the culture wars like Don Jr. The political leanings she did have seemed to be more left wing (she pushed for paid parental leave) so I doubt she feels too happy being in a MAGA administration. The fact that she wrote a self-help book in 2017 shows you where her priorities are. Why on earth you'd want career and life advice from someone who has had everything handed to them beats me.

by Anonymousreply 35September 14, 2024 5:55 AM

[quote] When the subpoenas started going out, I think she finally realized she needed to distance herself.

I totally agree with this.

by Anonymousreply 36September 14, 2024 6:33 PM

Ivana Trump is not buried on the golf course. She is in an urn on Ivanka's mantle.

Ivanka got out when she realized that everyone could get into trouble for what they had done. She figured if she left they would forget about her

by Anonymousreply 37September 14, 2024 6:47 PM

There was no last straw. The answer why anyone in the Trump family doesn't do something is very simple.

There is nothing in it for her.

by Anonymousreply 38September 14, 2024 6:47 PM

She's a grifter but in a more sophisticated way than the rest of her immediate family. She swindled a couple of millions from the business my partner worked for in the early 00's, when she was trying to position herself as a "brand", based on the popularity of "The Apprentice."

by Anonymousreply 39September 14, 2024 6:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!