Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kamala's first solo interview in awhile...going to a local PA affiliate's news guy.

Fucking brilliant. Just when I thought I couldn't love her more. This is unprecedented. Right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104September 14, 2024 8:34 PM

Good, fuck the NYT, CNN, etc. They've blown it with their horse race BS and propping up lunatic Trump. They shouldn't be rewarded for that.

by Anonymousreply 1September 14, 2024 12:37 AM

R1 God I hope no gay Trump staffers read DL because if I know Trump like I think I do he will blast her for giving an interview to some nobody. Watch him. And it will further alienate and offend Pennsylvania voters.

by Anonymousreply 2September 14, 2024 12:40 AM

It’s not a surprise it’s ABC (affiliate) again.

From the NYT in August:

“Atop ABC, a Personal Connection to Kamala Harris The candidate is a longtime friend of Dana Walden, a senior Disney executive whose portfolio includes ABC News, the host of the next debate. ABC says she does not weigh in on editorial decisions

by Anonymousreply 3September 14, 2024 12:44 AM

You mad, R3?

Good. Stay mad.

by Anonymousreply 4September 14, 2024 12:45 AM

I have a feeling none of you have seen the interview yet.

It ain't pretty.

by Anonymousreply 5September 14, 2024 12:47 AM

Ali Melber said that she was going to be interviewed by Oprah pretty soon.

by Anonymousreply 6September 14, 2024 12:47 AM

She’s perfectly fine on this interview. Stop the bed wetting.

by Anonymousreply 7September 14, 2024 12:48 AM

R7 Oh c'mon. It's a train wreck.

Does her answer to the first question make any sense?

And the rambling, the trembling voice and swallowing...not good.

And before you bring up his name: we KNOW what a train wreck Trump is.

by Anonymousreply 8September 14, 2024 12:52 AM

You’re nuts. Stop lying.

by Anonymousreply 9September 14, 2024 12:54 AM

See for yourself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 14, 2024 1:01 AM

The delicious, salty tears of little MAGA trolls.

by Anonymousreply 11September 14, 2024 1:05 AM

Wtf she didn’t answer the question. Still love her tho.

by Anonymousreply 12September 14, 2024 1:09 AM

[quote]It ain't pretty.

It wasn't pretty, but it also wasn't a train wreck.

I think she's being overly prepared. She comes across as having been told to include X and Y messages and you can tell she's desperate to get to those messages even if they don't relate to the question. She'd be much better off just answering the questions. She's obviously intelligent enough to think on her feet.

by Anonymousreply 13September 14, 2024 1:25 AM

[quote] It ain't pretty.

I agree. She should've talked about immigrants swallowing live pet canaries, babies getting aborted when they start preschool, football players getting transed in lockerrooms, etc. You know, what your guy talks about (when he attempts to sound sane.)

by Anonymousreply 14September 14, 2024 1:32 AM

[quote]She's obviously intelligent enough to think on her feet.

Really? You'd never think that by seeing this interview.

Here she seems thrown off by the simplest of questions. Fumbling. Insecure.

by Anonymousreply 15September 14, 2024 1:32 AM

Walden is the dark horse to succeed Bob Iger.

by Anonymousreply 16September 14, 2024 1:55 AM

She’s attempting to address the issues of the service area. She doesn’t have time to follow the blueprint of some gotcha rube with grandiose delusions of scoring into the ranks of the national network. She could be more slick, but she is new at this. It’ll come. Right now it’s all about shaving the margins.

by Anonymousreply 17September 14, 2024 1:58 AM

If I had the nerve to offer criticism of candidate Harris, it would be this: it irks me that she tends to not answer questions in favor of hitting her talking points. I know they're coached on that, I know there's reasons for them to do that, still. She's certainly more than capable of thinking on her feet, wish she'd give more direct answers to press questions.

Again, nobody wants my random opinion on this, just a reaction to hearing her live.

by Anonymousreply 18September 14, 2024 2:04 AM

That was in no way a train wreck. Yes, she said some of the same things we’ve heard before, but they are important, REAL points, and not some dumb “Make America Great Again” slogan or a “concept of a plan”..

by Anonymousreply 19September 14, 2024 2:28 AM

Trump could use some of her fumbling answers in good attack ads. But he’d rather waste his time on migrants eating pets in Ohio. He seems more demented than Biden.

by Anonymousreply 20September 14, 2024 2:39 AM

It’s easier to tell off Trump (like in the debate) than to make the case for yourself. We’re all good Trump bashers by now.

Putting the interview out on the Friday news dump timing on an ABC affiliate seems timid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21September 14, 2024 2:43 AM

[Quote]BREAKING: In a stunning moment, a golf cart parade for Kamala Harris supporters has spontaneously erupted at the Villages in Florida. This is a Republican area, so this spells bad news for Trump. Retweet so all Americans see this.

This is great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22September 14, 2024 5:11 AM

OK, I couldn't watch more than a minute of that. I had high hopes that were obviously not going to be met. She needs better advice. Maybe she's exhausted and can't think of anything new to say except her canned stuff, but that was not an acceptable response to the first question.

by Anonymousreply 23September 14, 2024 5:21 AM

A presidential candidate with 2 months to the finish line and a recent anointment gives canned answers?

For spring? Groundbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 24September 14, 2024 5:28 AM

Giving a canned answer as a non sequitur is insulting to the interviewer and the public, edgelord.

by Anonymousreply 25September 14, 2024 5:30 AM

R23/R25 should attend Trump rallies. They'll be more to their liking; nothing is canned, it's always a fresh new take on the old crazy and incoherent.

by Anonymousreply 26September 14, 2024 11:48 AM

Oh, and what a surprise! R23/R25 are this troll's only two posts on the board. I'm disappointed!

by Anonymousreply 27September 14, 2024 11:50 AM

[quote] He seems more demented than Biden.

I was wondering how long it would take you to crack that one, Miss Marple.

by Anonymousreply 28September 14, 2024 11:51 AM

[quote]I have a feeling none of you have seen the interview yet.

Congratulations, R5, on demonstrating the myopic, delusional filter that MAGA processes the fact that the Orange Pustule was lanced last week in a debate with a non-white woman and has been oozing it's vile vital fluids in a series of self-inflicted wounds in the days since.

typical of MAGA you are of the school that firmly stating what you wish were true, IS true and of course, it mortherfucking is NOT.

It ain't pretty.

by Anonymousreply 29September 14, 2024 12:52 PM

Are people like R8 not listening? She did answer the first question quite specifically with two examples. He asked what her Opportunity Economy means and she gave two, actually three examples of what she is talking about - 50k instead of 5k for small business, helping housing developers with the housing shortage, and a 25k credit for first time home buyers to help them.

I specifically watched the interview looking for answers to R8’s question. It was right fucking there. Maybe she needs to release a coloring book for you.

by Anonymousreply 30September 14, 2024 1:07 PM

R8 = a pretty basic troll, blocked for a long time. Not worth getting worked up over.

by Anonymousreply 31September 14, 2024 1:11 PM

R30, yes she answered eventually. She started with a long anecdote about growing up and the people in her neighborhood. I assume this is her advisors responding to the “people don’t know who she is” issue. She is pointing out that she was truly middle class vs Trump. I dunno, I don’t think this interview was the place to get that message across. She needs to do one of those tv magazine shows, where they go to her old neighborhood and talk to people who remember her, former school teachers, etc. Then she can reminisce about her childhood. A news program interview? She needed to cut to the chase and highlight the programs she’s advocating.

by Anonymousreply 32September 14, 2024 2:54 PM

R32, R23

Posters like R30, R29 don't get it. And R31 can't deal with differing opinions.

Kamala Harris is a politician running for the Presidency. She's not above criticism. Some of you sound like Janet Jackson or Madonna fangirls.

IMHO Kamala Harris is going to win this election. Trump shouldn't even be allowed to be near the WH. I believe his crazy-assed debate performance sealed it for most of the undecided. But Kamala Harris is no sacred cow.

by Anonymousreply 33September 14, 2024 3:34 PM

Go cry more. And stop bothering us, troll.

by Anonymousreply 34September 14, 2024 3:37 PM

[quote]Are people like [R8] not listening? She did answer the first question quite specifically with two examples. He asked what her Opportunity Economy means and she gave two, actually three examples of what she is talking about - 50k instead of 5k for small business, helping housing developers with the housing shortage, and a 25k credit for first time home buyers to help them.

The one not listening is you.

The question Kamala was asked: "When we talk about bringing down prices, making life more affordable for people, what are one or two specific things you have in mind for that."

Please explain to us anything Kamala said in her answer to a question about bringing down prices.

by Anonymousreply 35September 14, 2024 3:47 PM

You're a cockroach in a MAGA hat that refuses to die.

by Anonymousreply 36September 14, 2024 3:48 PM

The troll on here also cries about "illegals" and how they're getting free stuff.

by Anonymousreply 37September 14, 2024 3:52 PM

Kamala passed the “test” for a female candidate in this interview - she was nice and likable. I especially liked the uncanned part at the end about cooking Sunday dinner for her family. THATS the kid of shit voters eat up.

by Anonymousreply 38September 14, 2024 3:58 PM

R35 that was NOT the question in total. That is the question you wanted to hear.

[quote]You hear it more than I do, people want to know about you, and about your specific plans. At the debate the other night you talked about creating an Opportunity Economy - I wonder if we can drill down on that a little bit. When we talk about bringing down prices, and making life more affordable for people, what are one or two specific things you have in mind for that?

1. To all of those asking WHY she started where she did, he started the question by saying people wanted to know more about her. THAT was the first part of what he said.

and 2. for R35, who is probably thinking about the price of butter at his local Krogers, that was not what the question was necessarily about. The question was "how are you going to make life more affordable for people." The biggest part of the American dream is buying a home. People have been complaining for years now that it is out of control - that it is no longer affordable. She specifically addressed, (as asked), making that more affordable for people - thus making the biggest purchase in their life more affordable by giving first time buyers 25k credit AND working to reduce the housing shortage that has driven up prices for everyone. She answered the question by giving one specific example that addressed making people's lives more affordable.

and R33, I don't think she is above criticism at all. But people aren't even listening to what is being said and jumping to their own conclusions BECAUSE they want to attack her. I hate that. feel free to criticize but at least criticize something valid.

by Anonymousreply 39September 14, 2024 4:08 PM

I’m bored of her. It’s like that pop song that was okay the first time you heard it, then exciting the first and next 10 times you heard it at the club with your friends, but now you’ve heard it like a 100 times and a few loudmouths are drunk and screaming at everyone else, “I love this song! Isn’t it the greatest?” and everybody is like “yeah, sure… it’s good… I love it.”

by Anonymousreply 40September 14, 2024 4:11 PM

LoL, r40, you aren't fooling anybody.

by Anonymousreply 41September 14, 2024 4:17 PM

R39 There was a preamble by the interviewer. But the QUESTION was: "When we talk about bringing down prices, and making life more affordable for people, what are one or two specific things you have in mind for that?"

by Anonymousreply 42September 14, 2024 4:17 PM

[quote]’m bored of her

Dazzle us r40, why don't you tell us what doesn't bore you. What excites your poor bedraggled central nervous system? Venturing a guess here but is it perhaps an obese, comb-overed orange blob of fat, shit lies and failures who has articulated ZERO policy (apart from the shadow policy he will implement, project 2025) is that

what really alleviates your boredom? Is it the incompetence? , the basis of confidence, the promise of grievance resolution through vague promises of punishing the least advantage amongst us?

Asking because if you are bored by Kamala Harris, you are either a MAGAT or haven't grasped the reality of the choice that faces you

by Anonymousreply 43September 14, 2024 4:18 PM

I don't know why I am trying to make sense of some of these comments, when everyone is operating from a place of "feelings" in this election and not from sense or logic or urgency.

People say "we weren't at war and pricers were lower under Trump," when in actuality we were at war under Trump and we aren't now. 1 million Americans died under Trump because of his bungling of COVID19 - more deaths percentage wise than any other first world nation. No one even mentions that 1 MILLION Americans are dead now who were alive under Trump.

People are picking her words apart when she is actually providing specific numbers and plans vs. a candidate - who was actually President and who should know the proper language to use and how to present an economic plan - saying he has "concepts."

And then you have people like r40 who say, "I’m bored of her," so flippantly (on a gay board of all places), as if the gay community's existence, as we know it, isn't on the line with a plan to send gay marriage back to the states and probably reverse all sodomy laws just like what happened to Roe.

I think most people's frustration with Kamala now is that they want bonafide death blows to Trump's candidacy every time she opens her mouth. People are acting like battered wives that, unless they have a guaranteed safe passage, a safe escape, they are just going to accept their abusive lot in life.

by Anonymousreply 44September 14, 2024 4:33 PM

[quote]People are acting like battered wives that, unless they have a guaranteed safe passage, a safe escape, they are just going to accept their abusive lot in life.

...and is right alongside her husband firing at the police squads rushing in to rescue her.

by Anonymousreply 45September 14, 2024 4:38 PM

Trump didn’t create Covid.It’s not even clear yet what the best response to Covid was. Saying we were at war or he caused 1 million deaths is overkill. He’s a PIS for lots of other reasons.

by Anonymousreply 46September 14, 2024 4:41 PM

POS…

by Anonymousreply 47September 14, 2024 4:42 PM

Low prices don’t mean much. I mean when it comes to real estate, relatively speaking the lowest priced places are relative crap holes. Cheap food makes you fat. Low cost insurance probably has less coverage.

by Anonymousreply 48September 14, 2024 4:44 PM

No one is saying he didn't create covid, R46. Be lest you forget, he dismantled ever organziation that would have allowed to country to be properly prepared for such a national disater like COVID. He defunded, dismantled, did away with knowing full well that something like COVID could happen. He didn't create COVID, but he did create the disaster that followed, hands down. Every other first world country did better than us including Italy which was ground zero in the western world for it.

And on top of that he turned the entire process into a highly politicized one, doing what he does best, turning people against each other over stupid masks - something his presidency mandated but he chose to play both sides.

by Anonymousreply 49September 14, 2024 4:45 PM

^no one is saying HE DID create covid.

by Anonymousreply 50September 14, 2024 4:46 PM

Yeah, it took her a bit to answer the first question. But I actually loved her answer (once she got to it.) She gave very specific examples and that's rare for a politician. Certainly better than Trump's "I have a concept" nonsense.

I thought the rest of the interview was pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 51September 14, 2024 4:49 PM

Every other country, even with far right wing governments had ZERO problems or issues putting on a fucking mask. People will say "masks weren't effective" anyway. That maybe, the mere action of it brought people together under a common goal of everyone working to save each other. That was the message it sent. Where as here in the States everyone was at each other's throats and divided down party lines and coughing in each other's faces, or ripping masks of of people's faces just to make a political point.

by Anonymousreply 52September 14, 2024 4:50 PM

[quote]Saying we were at war or he caused 1 million deaths is overkill.

It *is* statistically accurate to say that he is directly responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Americans, r46.

by Anonymousreply 53September 14, 2024 4:52 PM

Why? Was Wilson responsible for the millions who died due to influenza? Is Cuomo directly responsible for all the New Yorkers who died? That’s ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 54September 14, 2024 4:59 PM

R42 did you even read what I wrote in R39? How is bringing the prices of housing down NOT making life more affordable for people?

by Anonymousreply 55September 14, 2024 5:00 PM

R54 through his actions as President of the United States of dismantling all safeties that would have prevented the disaster that followed, he is responsible for the deaths as any leader would be. It's called Gross Negligence.

It would be the same if he dismantled the army, sent everyone home and turned off national defence and the country was attacked. He would be the one responsible for causing such a disaster, there would be "blood on his hands" as the saying goes. So Yes, to your question.

by Anonymousreply 56September 14, 2024 5:04 PM

As someone living abroad who moved during the end of COVID, I don't think Americans are aware of how crazy and how backward we looked arguing over masks during a global pandemic. I wasn't aware of how we looked either to the rest of the world while I was living in the States and it felt like this is just the way the world was behaving. Not so. People thought we were nuts.

by Anonymousreply 57September 14, 2024 5:12 PM

[quote]That’s ridiculous.

Work on your reading comprehension, r54. I didn't say *all* of the deaths, I said he was responsible for hundreds of thousands. Defend him all you want, but a fact is a fact.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58September 14, 2024 5:13 PM

[quote]1 million Americans died under Trump because of his bungling of COVID19

Did millions also die because of bungling by Macron, Draghi, Trudeau, Johnson etc? Uh...it was a world wide epidemic.

BTW: More died of Covid under Biden than Trump. Well after nearly half of the country was vaccinated.

You can play around with numbers and statistics all day long.

by Anonymousreply 59September 14, 2024 5:24 PM

At the time I hated the anti-vaxxers and their conspiracy theories. But I don't let politics get in the way of the truth. Let future scientists decide if Covid started because of a bat or a virus created in a Chinese lab (maybe with US help.) My point is that Covid is not the Trump hill to die on. Lots of other reasons to hate him.

by Anonymousreply 60September 14, 2024 5:28 PM

[quote]I don't think Americans are aware of how crazy and how backward we looked arguing over masks during a global pandemic.

Well, we had Fauci telling us NOT to wear masks well into April of 2020. By then the Covid virus was circulating at full speed.

Listen to Fauci's advice for us on 60minutes:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61September 14, 2024 5:29 PM

LoL, r61, you sure seem invested in defending Trump. Why don't you just go back to ranting and raving about the "illegals"?

by Anonymousreply 62September 14, 2024 5:39 PM

[quote]I don't know why I am trying to make sense of some of these comments, when everyone is operating from a place of "feelings" in this election and not from sense or logic or urgency.

The urgency should be to give Democrats significant majorities in all three branches of government, which will enable them to enact the changes to the Supreme Court and to the government that are so desperately needed at this point.

But far too many simply want Trump out and Harris in, thinking that will magically solve everything. No different then when people thought electing Biden was going to "restore normalcy" to this country. How did that work out?

When Obama was running, you heard about Howard Dean's strategy. When Biden was running, I heard about Stacey Abrahams mobilizing black voters. Who's stepping up to the plate this time? I've heard more about Taylor Swift and other celebrities endorsements over the last few weeks than I've heard about House and Senate election strategies. Fucking Rachel Maddow even interrupted her interview with the future Vice President to discuss Taylor Swifts endorsement.

by Anonymousreply 63September 14, 2024 5:48 PM

[quote]Did millions also die because of bungling by Macron, Draghi, Trudeau, Johnson etc? Uh...it was a world wide epidemic.

R59, look at the list below and tell me where the county's of the leaders you mentioned fall percentage wise? Go by the number of deaths by the millions. Again.

[quote]More died of Covid under Biden than Trump.

Because the horse had already jumped the gate. We were a good Spring, Summer, Fall and winter into the disaster before Biden could even take charge. It was like trying to put toothpaste back in the tube at that point.

[quote]My point is that Covid is not the Trump hill to die on. Lots of other reasons to hate him.

In a rational world, this WOULD be the hill that Trump would die on. Yes there are lots of other reasons to hate him. But in the world that I grew up in, being the leader responsible for so many American deaths would be enough.

[quote]Listen to Fauci's advice for us on 60minutes:

Fauci was not the president. If Trump had not dismantled the agencies before hand we would have gotten much earlier alert to what we were about to face. I remember being in NYC when we went into shutdown. It was a good full week or two before Donald Trump even addressed the country.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64September 14, 2024 5:55 PM

[quote]r63 = No different then when people thought electing Biden was going to "restore normalcy" to this country. How did that work out?

Quite well actually.

by Anonymousreply 65September 14, 2024 6:03 PM

R65 Really? Trump is still not only running again, but still getting a sizeable amount of votes, our Supreme Court is still heavily conservative and we stand in danger of losing the Senate this time around.

I would hardly say that's "Quite well"

by Anonymousreply 66September 14, 2024 6:12 PM

R54 This is world-wide cases of Covid reported during the last 28 days. Note the USA. And who is President?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67September 14, 2024 6:13 PM

[quote]Fauci was not the president.

He was the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. He was head of the White House Coronavirus Task Force. And he was urging us not to wear masks well into April 2020.

by Anonymousreply 68September 14, 2024 6:18 PM

I don't even get what you are trying to say? You keep saying "Look at who is president..." Let me draw you a picture. If I stab someone 15 times and the paramedics rush in and try to save them for 20 minutes and they die - who is responsible for their death? According to you it's the paramedics for not being able to prevent the victim's death.

by Anonymousreply 69September 14, 2024 6:18 PM

R69 Follow the thread. The quote I'm responding to is "1 million Americans died under Trump because of his bungling of COVID19". My question is, if that's the case, who is bungling now?

by Anonymousreply 70September 14, 2024 6:21 PM

Keep trolling, r70.

by Anonymousreply 71September 14, 2024 6:24 PM

It's not being bungled R70. Do you have actual numbers to go along with your cute graph? How do those numbers compare to the numbers of the initial outbreak when you had 3000 Americans dying a day from the virus?

by Anonymousreply 72September 14, 2024 6:25 PM

R40:

“I’m bored of her”

OH DEAR

by Anonymousreply 73September 14, 2024 6:26 PM

As far as I know r70, the six mobile morgues I would pass every day during the first months of the outbreak, down by the old St. Vincents in the village, are no longer needed. So something would tell me the numbers of your 2024 graph aren't the same as they would be in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 74September 14, 2024 6:28 PM

R72 That "cute graph" is from the World Health Organization website.

During the 28 days leading up to September the number of COVID-19 deaths reported to WHO:

World wide: 4.5k

USA: 3.5k

by Anonymousreply 75September 14, 2024 6:32 PM

Face reality. Most people vote on likability of the candidate and where they STAND on issues, not the fine print. They wouldn’t understand it if it was laid out in front of them, most people don’t know how a bill becomes law and don’t care. In Kamala’s case, I’d like her to press the need for the down ballot races more strongly because she can’t do anything without a Democratic congress.

by Anonymousreply 76September 14, 2024 6:34 PM

[quote]I would hardly say that's "Quite well"

LoL, r66, you would have preferred the alternative? Your trolling really needs work.

by Anonymousreply 77September 14, 2024 6:36 PM

And r75? You prove my point. It continues to be high because it was bungled in the beginning. That is my whole argument. I don't see what you don't get. It's not like the scoreboard was cleared and America got a do over when Biden took over. As I said it was like putting toothpaste back into a tube then. The fact that the number isn't higher than it is shows that it's not being bungled. But there isn't much you can really do when a large portion of the population doesn't even believe COVID is real - thanks in no part to Trump's rhetoric. Half the population believing a vaccine against a disease that kills them is evil. I bet you MOST of those deaths are still unvaccinated Turmptards.

by Anonymousreply 78September 14, 2024 6:37 PM

^thanks in no SMALL part to Trump's thetoric...

by Anonymousreply 79September 14, 2024 6:38 PM

R23 how ia she exausted, it is her first real interview

by Anonymousreply 80September 14, 2024 6:39 PM

Are you kidding? She's been campaigning and speaking non-stop for a month and just weathered a grueling debate and, before that, the convention. You don't think she's got any reason to be exhausted?

by Anonymousreply 81September 14, 2024 6:47 PM

[quote]And [R75]? You prove my point. It continues to be high because it was bungled in the beginning.

That is absurd. It makes zero scientific sense.

BTW: Table of total cases, deaths, and death rates by country since the beginning of the Pandemic (Updated August 17, 2024.):

Deaths per 1 million :

USA: 3,493

UK: 3,404

Italy: 3,309

EU: 2,812

It's not as if the US numbers were wildly different than Europe.

by Anonymousreply 82September 14, 2024 6:49 PM

R81 she is 20 years younger than Trump and after a month of campaign she is more exausted than he is after almost a year of primaries and campaining?

by Anonymousreply 83September 14, 2024 6:58 PM

[quote]you would have preferred the alternative?

I'm saying democrats this time need to work on getting overwhelming majorities in all three branches of government and to render the Republican party a minority. You know, real change.

I think Biden did great things, but the bottom line is the alternative is running again and running in a tight race. So yeah, we didn't get the "return to normalcy" that Biden promised. We just had the shittiness postponed for four years. Why not try and actually stop it this time.?

by Anonymousreply 84September 14, 2024 6:59 PM

R40 And Trump is that mafuckin pop song that you never really got but somehow became a huge hit. None of your friends like the song either but somewhere, somehow people really love this song. And then you somehow somewhere rationalize and start doing the dance too in private. Then when the song fades from obscurity you come back to your senses and all the people who loved the song act like they don’t like that song and get it to number one. This election is Trump fading into that obscurity.

Trump is the fkin Macarena.

by Anonymousreply 85September 14, 2024 7:02 PM

R83, I am assuming you are R82 as well, WHAT is your ultimate point? Seriously (said seriously, earnestly, and not dismissively).

by Anonymousreply 86September 14, 2024 7:02 PM

[quote] Half the population believing a vaccine against a disease that kills them is evil. I bet you MOST of those deaths are still unvaccinated Turmptards.

I don't know about that.

According to the CDC 55% of the white population has received at least one dose of vaccine. Only 44% of the black population.

by Anonymousreply 87September 14, 2024 7:08 PM

r46, FALSE. His lies and inaction caused the unnecessary deaths of more than 100k. It's been well documented as is the higher amount of deaths among his cult.

Two months before the novel coronavirus is thought to have begun its deadly advance in Wuhan, China, the Trump administration ended a $200-million pandemic early-warning program aimed at training scientists in China and other countries to detect and respond to such a threat.

An assessment published in the Lancet in February 2021 concluded that 40 percent of the COVID‐19 fatalities up to that point could have been averted (Woolhandler et al., 2021, p. 711), and a Columbia University report conservatively estimated that between 130,000 and 210,000 deaths were attributable to the failures of the US government (Redlener et al., 2020).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88September 14, 2024 7:08 PM

R86 You assume incorrectly.

by Anonymousreply 89September 14, 2024 7:09 PM

R88 It was the case all over the world. See post R82. It was a WORLD-WIDE pandemic. No country was spared.

by Anonymousreply 90September 14, 2024 7:11 PM

So then R89, my question. What is your point ultimate? What would you like to tell us? Because you are going hard. And I am here to hear what you have to say.

by Anonymousreply 91September 14, 2024 7:12 PM

People still die from the flu.

by Anonymousreply 92September 14, 2024 7:13 PM

R87 thinking that 55% isn't just about half of the population. And then pretending that these "white people" aren't a huge part of the problem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93September 14, 2024 7:14 PM

R33 give it up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94September 14, 2024 7:28 PM

^ For R93 not R33

by Anonymousreply 95September 14, 2024 7:29 PM

R46, literally more republicans than democrats died during the pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 96September 14, 2024 7:43 PM

Four young black guys reaction on the interview

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97September 14, 2024 7:52 PM

You can tell 3rd from the right is the most intelligent and he is also the hottest.

by Anonymousreply 98September 14, 2024 7:58 PM

IMHO Hottest is the second from the right. Handsome enough to be a model.

Anyway, I love their honest no-bullshit take on Kamala and that interview.

by Anonymousreply 99September 14, 2024 8:02 PM

Is she special needs?

by Anonymousreply 100September 14, 2024 8:18 PM

I think she was just tired as fuck in that clip. She might have a heart condition and cannot be all fired up on adderall like Trump.

by Anonymousreply 101September 14, 2024 8:19 PM

[quote]Is she special needs?

Do you need somebody to relate to?

by Anonymousreply 102September 14, 2024 8:24 PM

Off the rails troll thread. Not worth the four rubles R8 was paid.

Needs to be greyed out, ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 103September 14, 2024 8:31 PM

Yo censorship Queen at R103 , discuss it with the guys at R97.

by Anonymousreply 104September 14, 2024 8:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!