Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Maybe Trump should win

Jonathan Martin argues that it will be better for the GOP if Trump loses. He’s wrecking the party and making it more and more a minority party. And he’s likely to make matters even worse for the whole party if he gains office.

However, Kamala is not a doctrinaire progressive, she has no governing experience, has a history of churning through staff, and she will be entering into a four year lame duck presidency, because it’s likely the republicans will control Congress, and they certainly control the court.

Trump has virtually wrecked the GOP, and once the stake has finally been driven through his heart, the party can start to reforge itself.

Do I buy this? Not sure. I haven’t been following the congressional elections as closely as the presidency, but I’m willing to accept his word for it that the GOP has a good shot at taking over Congress. Still, do we want a redo of Trump in the White House with control of Congress? His ineptitude prevented him from getting much done, but he did get that massive tax cut through the Congress.

Plus if Trump is president, he gets to tilt the SCOTUS even more to the right.

And I’vr been ignoring the possibility that he will launch a de facto coup and take over the country, and there’s always THAT.

What does the DL say?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 14, 2024 12:21 AM

None of the liberal SC justices are resigning anytime soon. Alito and Thomas want to, but they are the two most extreme anyway. So a Trump win would not change the SC.

by Anonymousreply 1September 13, 2024 11:04 PM

Let me think about it….. NO

by Anonymousreply 2September 13, 2024 11:06 PM

It would be better for the country as a whole when and as the GOP finally starts cutting their ties with him and his followers. But the stench of Trump and MAGA will stick to them for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 3September 13, 2024 11:06 PM

[quote]she has no governing experience

Neither has Trump.

by Anonymousreply 4September 13, 2024 11:07 PM

Well, R1, Sotomayor is 69. And four years is a long time.

by Anonymousreply 5September 13, 2024 11:08 PM

lol r2

by Anonymousreply 6September 13, 2024 11:08 PM

You know r3, I think Trump and MAGA are a symptom, not the disease c

by Anonymousreply 7September 13, 2024 11:09 PM

[quote]You know [R3], I think Trump and MAGA are a symptom, not the disease

Yes, I know that. 🙄 But taking the reins of the GOP out of their hands will move things in a better direction. We'll always have a GOP, but better one that may be more reasonable than its current incarnation.

by Anonymousreply 8September 13, 2024 11:17 PM

No experience governing?

No experience governing as a CRIMINAL FASCIST unlike Trump!

You sound like a fucking moron, OP!

by Anonymousreply 9September 13, 2024 11:33 PM

Maybe OP shouldn't air his dumb opinions in a company of normal people?

by Anonymousreply 10September 13, 2024 11:36 PM

Fuck off, OP.

by Anonymousreply 11September 13, 2024 11:37 PM

Wow. OP has lines going through his post…gee, how’d that happen?

by Anonymousreply 12September 13, 2024 11:38 PM

Jonathan Martin is a fat ugly fuck who was a writer for the National Review. Fuck off. We don’t need Trump giving anymore lifetime appointments.

by Anonymousreply 13September 13, 2024 11:39 PM

OP is not only our resident Jew-hater but has also given us gems such as:

Is it time to fucking start carrying cash again?

Cunting cocksucking maybe. I shiteating motherfucking used to carry goddamn $20-50 in my dicksucking wallet, and fucking Christ I may soon pissing again.

by Anonymousreply 14September 13, 2024 11:41 PM

BULLSHITE

BULLLSHITE

BULLSHITE!!!

by Anonymousreply 15September 13, 2024 11:59 PM

We gave you weirdos a shot and you fucked it all up and you would not fucking leave after being asked to

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 14, 2024 12:21 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!