Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lynda Carter Tells Arizonans Not To Vote For Her Sister

Lynda Carter, the original Wonder Woman actor, denounced her sister’s campaign for a competitive seat in the Arizona House, telling Mother Jones on Friday that she wouldn’t support her for any elected position.

The actor’s statement was included as part of Mother Jones’ exposé on her sister, Pamela Carter, the far-right Republican running to represent part of Maricopa County in the Arizona House of Representatives.

“On her website, Pam claims to have her ‘family’s full support,’” Lynda Carter told Mother Jones. “I have known Pam my entire life, which is why I sadly cannot endorse her for this or any public office.”

Pamela Carter did not immediately respond to HuffPost’s request for comment. Her platform includes being opposed to same-sex marriage, abortion in nearly all cases and transgender inclusion in sports. She supports arming teachers.

Lynda Carter, a vocal supporter of reproductive rights, also offered her support to the Democrats running against her sister in Arizona’s Legislative District 4.

“As a native Arizonan, I am proud to endorse Kelli Butler and Karen Gresham to represent LD4 in Arizona’s State House,” she told Mother Jones. “Kelli and Karen are both strong, experienced candidates, born and raised in Arizona. They are working mothers fighting for the rights that matter most to Arizonans, especially every child’s right to a quality education.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 15, 2024 8:09 PM

[QUOTE]every child’s right to a quality education.”

I assume she's referring to the state's school voucher program that has created a budget crisis. Any Arizonans here who can talk a but about it?

by Anonymousreply 1September 13, 2024 10:55 PM

Wow, her sister is a career grifter. So, yeah, Lynda is pretty justified in saying she wouldn't vote for her sister because she'd know her her entire life.

Unlike Tim Walz's brother saying he won't vote foe him because he doesn't have the character to make decisions about people's futures. His only example? Little Tim got carsick and threw up on family trips.

by Anonymousreply 2September 14, 2024 1:16 AM

"Wonder Wo-man!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 15, 2024 8:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!