Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why Hollywood Keeps Quitting on Harry and Meghan: “Everyone’s terrified of Meghan”

Looks like Harry and Meghan have done it again — they’ve chewed up yet another American adviser.

Josh Kettler, the Santa Barbara-based consultant who’d been serving as chief of staff to the Duke and Duchess, reportedly resigned in August — after just three months on the job — becoming the latest member of the ever-expanding “Sussex Survivors Club,” as some former employees have taken to calling themselves. Before Kettler, there was Toya Holness, who was their global press secretary until 2022, and Christine Weil Schirmer, the onetime Pinterest communications director who quit as Harry and Meghan’s PR head in 2021. Samantha Cohen, Markle’s top aide and private secretary, departed the same year.

Earlier, there was Keleigh Thomas Morgan, a Sunshine Sachs partner who started repping Meghan when she was still a commoner (well, a TV star on Suits), adding Harry to her client roster when they became engaged and then helping them set up their own internal comms operation when the couple moved to California.

(Sources tell Rambling Reporter that Morgan stopped repping them around 2020, because the Sussexes stopped paying Sunshine Sachs for its services, though the PR firm denies that was the case.) Other members of the Survivors Club include Catherine St-Laurent, who lasted a year as head of the Sussexes’ charity Archewell; Archewell COO Mandana Dayani; content chief Ben Browning (who got Harry and Meghan’s documentary on Netflix before bolting for FilmNation); and marketing chief Fara Taylor.

Why’d they all leave? What explains the churn? “Everyone’s terrified of Meghan,” claims a source close to the couple. “She belittles people, she doesn’t take advice. They’re both poor decision-makers, they change their minds frequently. Harry is a very, very charming person — no airs at all — but he’s very much an enabler. And she’s just terrible.”

In 2018 Markle’s treatment of two royal aides prompted Buckingham Palace to investigate the then-princess for “bullying behavior.” Though the results of the inquiry were never released, Markle denounced the effort as a “calculated smear campaign.” But some of the couple’s stateside staff-members also reserve special bile for Markle, whose reported penchant for noisy tantrums and angry 5 a.m. emails has earned her the in-house moniker ‘Duchess Difficult.’ “She’s absolutely relentless,” says one source. “She marches around like a dictator in high heels, fuming and barking orders. I’ve watched her reduce grown men to tears.”

Their unsparing portrait of her is in marked contrast with the kinder, gentler image Markle has been painting of herself. In recent years the former princess has become an ardent admirer of best-selling Texas self-help author Brené Brown, who urges readers to cultivate gratitude and joy in their lives. While touring Colombia with her husband last month, Markle said her new attitude of gratitude had lead her to a “chapter of joy.” “If you’re going to be grateful for your life, you have to be grateful for all aspects of it,” she said.

And in a recent episode of her Archetypes podcast, Meghan spoke about the challenges she has faced asserting herself and overcoming her natural reticence in professional situations. “I find myself cowering and tiptoeing into a room and – the thing I find most embarrassing – when you’re saying a sentence and the intonation goes up, like it’s a question. And you’re like, ‘Oh my God, stop stop like whispering and tiptoeing around it. Just say what it is that you need. You’re allowed to set a boundary. You’re allowed to be clear, it doesn’t make you demanding. It doesn’t make you difficult, it makes you clear.'”

Harry and Meghan’s current spokesperson declined to comment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254October 4, 2024 4:43 PM

I honestly have a hard time imagining any grown man reduced to tears by her. These people deal with celebrities and CEOs and all the attendant insanity all the time. She's just one more. Note, nobody stays for long. I'd guess because it becomes clear quite quickly there's not much money to be made off them.

The most interesting part is this is in The Hollywood Reporter. That hurts. Along with Variety, it's the local bible.

When/if they get dropped by WME, they're fucked. Nowhere to go. If a powerhouse like WME can't monetize them, nobody can and nobody worth engaging will be left to try. They'll be selling autographs at conventions and going to events as Brendad Ickson's plus one.

by Anonymousreply 1September 13, 2024 1:25 PM

I fully believe Markle cares about nothing but public perception.

by Anonymousreply 2September 13, 2024 1:38 PM

Thank you, granny, for this earth shatteringly important news.

How many of these threads need to pollute DL? Why can't you contain your weird obsession to one thread?

by Anonymousreply 3September 13, 2024 1:43 PM

[Quote] The most interesting part is this is in The Hollywood Reporter. That hurts. Along with Variety, it's the local bible.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. The elites have circled their wagons...ain't no getting in now, Meg.

by Anonymousreply 4September 13, 2024 1:47 PM

KGT at r3

by Anonymousreply 5September 13, 2024 1:47 PM

[quote]Why’d they all leave? What explains the churn? “Everyone’s terrified of Meghan,” claims a source close to the couple. “She belittles people, she doesn’t take advice. They’re both poor decision-makers, they change their minds frequently. Harry is a very, very charming person — no airs at all — but he’s very much an enabler. And she’s just terrible.”

Scathing stuff, especially coming from a mainstream industry magazine like the Hollywood Reporter. Meghan seems like a nightmare to be around, and Harry's probably in over his head.. Seems he was very naïve, but narcissists are good at hiding the bad stuff in the beginning. He should have waited longer before deciding to marry.

by Anonymousreply 6September 13, 2024 1:51 PM

She thought she would have a permanent A-list place because she married a Prince. She couldn’t hide the fact they are both raging arseholes.

by Anonymousreply 7September 13, 2024 2:09 PM

Divorce in 5,4,3, ...

Yeah, isn't WME supposed to be the gold standard for representing celebrities seeking to rescue/build/monetize themselves and their career?

Isn't it interesting that they probably have the power to block a juicy tidbit like this in the THR, but there it is anyway?

At this rate, next the Sussexes will be competing against each other on "Dancing With The Stars".

I'll admit that perhaps we'll never know but could it be that Markle won't even listen to WME?

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they urged her to take an acting role, preferably as an anti-hero or a love-to-hate or love-to-love bitch role like Heather Locklear's in Melrose Place or Vanessa Williams in "Ugly Betty" and she refuses to do that.

Would have, Could have, Should have.

They'd have all the influence and real status in the world right now if they had only buckled down, toughed it out and came to terms with being working Royals.

by Anonymousreply 8September 13, 2024 2:31 PM

At least she has options, regarding chances of employment. He's not going to find a job where he gets paid to get drunk and/or whine.

by Anonymousreply 9September 13, 2024 2:40 PM

No, R5.

by Anonymousreply 10September 13, 2024 3:12 PM

Harry really fucked up his life, with this relationship choice. And I can't imagine she's any easier to spend time with in private.

by Anonymousreply 11September 13, 2024 3:16 PM

[quote]She couldn’t hide the fact they are both raging arseholes.

I'm not even sure it's that (though there's a strong case to be made they are.) Raging arseholes are a dime a dozen in LA - but you can get away with it for as long as you make money for the system, although even these days it seems to catch up with you eventually. It's plain now, they've got nothing to sell except selling out their relations and that's a losing game for them. Ruined their reputations and exposed them.

I know a handful of losers like the KGT still cling to them, but those people count for nothing or they wouldn't be clinging to Meghan and her toy poodle.

by Anonymousreply 12September 13, 2024 3:19 PM

r4 They till have SheKnows.com

by Anonymousreply 13September 13, 2024 3:20 PM

The cruelest line in here is that Meghan’s longtime PR firm stopped working for them because they weren’t paying their bills. It’s one thing to be unpleasant, lots of people are unpleasant, but they’re also deadbeats.

by Anonymousreply 14September 13, 2024 3:25 PM

r13 = bitchmade Markle troll all up in her feels! Learn how to compose a sentence first, cuntscab.

by Anonymousreply 15September 13, 2024 3:29 PM

R14 - Wasn't that the rumor at the time? That they owed money to Sunshine Sachs? I seem to remember that the Sussex pair got some kind of big monetary payment for something or other and SS officially dropped them right after. The suggestion being that SS's account may have been paid off from that money and then SS dropped them.

by Anonymousreply 16September 13, 2024 3:57 PM

R16, yes, that was the rumor. Some of the online gossip about them actually has been proven to be true.

by Anonymousreply 17September 13, 2024 4:15 PM

This thread is making my Nigerian side come out...

by Anonymousreply 18September 13, 2024 4:30 PM

Weak men and Cunts need and find each other.

by Anonymousreply 19September 13, 2024 4:40 PM

Christ, do we need to hear about every breath they take, just so you can tell us how much you hate them?

WE KNOW.

Move the fuck on.

by Anonymousreply 20September 13, 2024 4:43 PM

Are Oprah and Beyonce still kissing her ass?

by Anonymousreply 21September 13, 2024 4:58 PM

They were so incredibly not to stick with the RF through the pandemic and wait out QEII’s life

by Anonymousreply 22September 13, 2024 5:13 PM

The fact that this is in the Hollywood Reporter is sure to be a major trigger for Meghan. Frankly, I've been sorely disappointed that they've tamped down on the drama in the past year - most likely thanks to their WME minders demanding they clam up. Not much news since the high speed car chase in NYC. For purely selfish reasons, I hope WME kicks them to the curb so Meghan feels free to start saying/doing stupid things again. The only interesting thing about these two idiots is their outstanding talent for drama and failure.

What genius thought it would be a good move to launch a business in the splashiest way before the biz had any products....and still doesn't six months later? Oh, yeah, that genius was Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 23September 13, 2024 5:26 PM

The article clears up questions around the Harkles' pattern of bullying staff in the kindest way. HR is standing in its knowing, as Meg would say.

by Anonymousreply 24September 13, 2024 5:33 PM

Bitch is a nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 25September 13, 2024 6:37 PM

Well, the next move is Markle's inevitable book.

But....if that BP investigative report about the environment between Markle and BP staff isn't a bluff, and it actually exists, she has to think twice and twenty times about the content of a book.

I know nothing major book publishers, but I don't have to, to know they aren't going to pay her for her ramblings about her faux feminism, and the proper jam to pair with environmentally friendly flax seed and sunflower seed butter.

A publisher will want no holding back on all the dirt of her time with the BRF.

All the Tea in China would have to be promised within any proposal submitted by her literary agent to a big-time publisher, in this instance, I'm assuming the one who published "Spare".

And then if word gets out of that, although BP said it wouldn't be released, that written bullying investigation may be "mistakenly" released, assuming it exists.

"Oh, dear. How did that ever happen?"

And spare me any twaddle about UK libel laws and non-disclosure agreements. The contents of that investigation will get out.

And here's the punch-line, Markle stans - I don't know. Maybe it finds her to have no fault.

All I know is, as I've written before, the held-back from disclosure Dead Sea Scrolls? Meh. Super-encrypted, secret Roswell UFO finding? Yawn. The Coca-Cola recipe? Worth a glance.

But I'd eagerly read that BRF report.

by Anonymousreply 26September 13, 2024 7:45 PM

Hopefully she'll one day hire and piss off the wrong person who instead of sobbing in terror will lose their shit, pick her up, swing her around and body slam her to the ground like a ragdoll or punch her lights out.

by Anonymousreply 27September 13, 2024 7:52 PM

It’s fun when clients dare to fuck around with their publicists.

Who knows more about the dark arts of the publicity game?

by Anonymousreply 28September 13, 2024 8:03 PM

I really loathe her. It bothers me that we are still only hearing a tiny fraction of her abusiveness and we may never hear anything more, because she gets all her employees to sign contracts preventing them from speaking. And I am not sure why the Palace holds back the file they have on her, unless they are keeping it as a nuclear option and a constant threat. And maybe the victims don’t want to be involved with the publicity. Her demented and vicious supporters (kind of like Trump supporters in a way) will attack any of the victims who speak out.

The thing is that we know that she is evil and it is right there just beneath the surface, but it never really gets out, unless you are a royal watcher. At Easter, I was absolutely shocked that every single adult present said that they had a positive impression of her and that she had been a victim of racism. The key thing is that none of them follow the royals, so they just have a vague logic that Meghan is black and she was in the Royal Family, therefore she had to have suffered terrible racism. If it feels true, they think, it is true.

by Anonymousreply 29September 13, 2024 8:14 PM

Are NDAs really that tight so that no former employee can come out and tell what a nightmare these two Montecito assholes are?

by Anonymousreply 30September 13, 2024 8:20 PM

Both of them are insanely litigious. If I were some ordinary person earning $80K a year, I would be terrified of a lawsuit from these two motherfuckers, who never let go of a gripe.

by Anonymousreply 31September 13, 2024 8:25 PM

They are no longer with Sunshine Sachs?

by Anonymousreply 32September 13, 2024 8:28 PM

She reminds me of my current university students, who come at you with the opening words “I’m X and I am black” or trans or whatever. It is their opening salvo and an obvious threat and piece of blackmail. They are telling you that anything less than an A and they will charge you with racism or homophobia or transphobia. They may as well approach you holding out a big knife. You don’t hear too too much about sexism. Meghan’s issues seem to date back to the 70s and 80s. Although if you look at a student sideways, you have to watch out for MeToo.

by Anonymousreply 33September 13, 2024 8:33 PM

No one is afraid of this woman. Most people don’t care. She’s what? Going to be in a movie?

by Anonymousreply 34September 13, 2024 8:41 PM

[QUOTE]Are NDAs really that tight so that no former employee can come out and tell what a nightmare these two Montecito assholes are?

Don't states prohibit NDAs containing language or clauses that are related to illegal activity per the state's statutes and codes? Harassment and retaliation are illegal in California, right? So maybe there's leeway. The problem for the former employee is that they might be branded a complainer or indiscreet and fear for future employment prospects.

by Anonymousreply 35September 13, 2024 8:50 PM

R35, in Hollywood you can’t come across as disloyal, which is, ironically, a problem with the Sussexes themselves. As for the Palace, a number of staffers wanted the bullying report released. The Palace, however, probably did not want people to see the extent to which it had tolerated or covered up awful working conditions.

by Anonymousreply 36September 13, 2024 9:22 PM

R36 Rachel is smugly banking on that double edge sword of a reveal which keeps the Palace from leaking it. If she goes down once and for all she'll grab or handcuff herself to as many people as she possibly can and drag them down with her like a suicide bomber.

She's stupid but smart enough to play a really long game. She got that from her mother.

by Anonymousreply 37September 13, 2024 9:39 PM

The codename used by her security detail is "Megzilla". Even professional cunt-monster Julia Roberts is afeared of her.

by Anonymousreply 38September 13, 2024 9:45 PM

Don't fret, ladies. R3 is a cunt who wouldn't notice the soap threads proliferating after the long ban, but you can bet she's been obsessed with the "woman fed through hand blender," "Loni Anderson career in shitter," and the oyster threads.

Because they're up to her standards of taste. Getting the "granny" reference in shows what she is.

by Anonymousreply 39September 13, 2024 10:02 PM

Doesn’t she have $50 a jar salsas to can for Desperate Farms?

by Anonymousreply 40September 13, 2024 10:08 PM

This and the Alison P Davis article in The Cut probably inflicted some deep narcissistic wounds. One article printed in the entertainment industry bible and the other written by an accomplished black woman who saw right through her.

I wonder how well contained Meghan really is. How many more cuts like this can she sustain before the mask comes way off in a setting where many can see?

by Anonymousreply 41September 13, 2024 10:18 PM

Speaking of Alison P Davis, (thanks r41) this thread is gold.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42September 13, 2024 10:45 PM

One of the bullied KP staff did speak for herself in a Mail article a few months ago, I believe Samantha Cohen. So we know a half-dozen plus associates and employees who have confirmed a pattern that is becoming impossible to chalk up to racism. Despite Josh Kettler, fresh off absconding from Archiewell, not speaking directly, I think I hear his voice!

by Anonymousreply 43September 13, 2024 10:49 PM

These two left royal duties on their “freedom flight.” Ever since, they have been attempting to replicate royal duties. Harry doesn’t have the skills for anything else. Meghan is flogging jam and dog biscuits. What a downfall. I can’t help thinking that Meghan convinced Harry she was a much bigger “star” than she ever was.

by Anonymousreply 44September 13, 2024 11:14 PM

I'm still yet to meet a single person who ever watched "Suits".

by Anonymousreply 45September 13, 2024 11:17 PM

Flogging jam and dog biscuits that don't exist yet.

I don't count the jam that she decanted from the bulk order from Amazon into tastefully labeled and numbered jars and Fedexed to her closest acquaintances.

by Anonymousreply 46September 13, 2024 11:32 PM

Right, R46.

But "decanted"?

More like dumped by the handful into unsterilized jars. Luckily, no one actually touched the shit.

by Anonymousreply 47September 13, 2024 11:55 PM

The grown man reduced to tears is obviously Harry. I am sure she has made him cry more than once. Girl has a mean streak

by Anonymousreply 48September 13, 2024 11:58 PM

They were escaping from responsibility yet they make it sound like a life or death situation as if they were escaping from a Siberian gulag or a Turkish prison and Meghan was in constant danger of being murdered every 2 seconds. A pair of hot mess mentally deranged drama queens.

by Anonymousreply 49September 14, 2024 3:46 AM

Ironically, r49, their response was jams and dog foods that did not meet canned or preserved botulism standards, so they may have harmed "investors" interested in not killing the legions of aristocratic pets

by Anonymousreply 50September 14, 2024 4:44 AM

One thing I just do not understand: why apparently no one in Hollywood will publicly call out Harry and Meghan.

It's clear they've isolated themselves from just about everyone famous, except Serena Williams--even Oprah and Gayle will have little to do with them since Oprah was so hugely criticized for her interview with them, and it doesn't seem much like the other Montecito celebrities Meghan so admires, like Ellen or Goop, will have much to do with them.

But although we keep hearing anonymous criticisms of them saying they're horrible, very few people will go on record saying so. Why? What powerful friends at this point do they have that people are so afraid of crossing?

by Anonymousreply 51September 14, 2024 6:19 AM

[quote]One thing I just do not understand: why apparently no one in Hollywood will publicly call out Harry and Meghan.

It's best to stay away from/ignore vengeful people because they can really wreak havoc on your life, and celebrities especially (and their publicists) probably have a keen sense about that.

by Anonymousreply 52September 14, 2024 7:10 AM

[quote]Her demented and vicious supporters (kind of like Trump supporters in a way) will attack any of the victims who speak out.

You got that right. Her loony fans are like a cult.

by Anonymousreply 53September 14, 2024 7:38 AM

Let me be clear that I do not wish death upon Rachel Meghan Markle. But I DO think that if she were to drop dead suddenly, it would the best thing for Harry's branding. He would no longer be just a motherless son, but also a widow. The boy-man who lived! He could move back to Britain, set up a charity in her name, write a book, do the publicity rounds, and garner alllll the sympathy he so desperately loves. Plus, he'd be free of the nagging wench.

by Anonymousreply 54September 14, 2024 9:07 AM

The Michael Jackson Leaving Neverland film was truly shocking, and yet how many celebrities spoke out about the pedophile?

Like Wacko Jacko the gruesome twosome have deranged fans that celebrities don't want to cross. Both Wacko and Meghan also played the race card once it suited them.

by Anonymousreply 55September 14, 2024 10:22 AM

Motherboy, r54!

by Anonymousreply 56September 14, 2024 10:45 AM

If you look at lists of characteristics of emotional abusing spouses, you will see that the abuser isolates the victim from his or her family and friends. Meghan has been wonderfully successful in isolating Harry from his family and British friends. She has also successfully kept Harry away from the father who raised her and the siblings that knew her; this ensures that they cannot tell Harry any of her secrets. As a narcissist, she believes she knows better than all their agents and PR teams; she is, of course, wrong. She thought she knew better than the royal family and their aides about how to be regal. So, she ends up in a huge house with not enough money coming in and with fewer and fewer good options for keeping up their expensive lifestyle and getting the attention she so desperately needs. After Charles dies, there won't be a crack of light that could possibly come through the door that will have closed to them in the royal family. And with Charles ends the access to his hundreds of millions of pounds.

by Anonymousreply 57September 14, 2024 11:40 AM

I prefer not to think of Charles dying, however once he is gone there will be nothing but hardship for the Harkles. If they think things are bad now, they don't know anything.

by Anonymousreply 58September 14, 2024 11:47 AM

[quote]You got that right. Her loony fans are like a cult.

This I don't believe. I have never heard anyone mention her. I only see her name slogged here. I dont think she has a "base" of fans. I do see people who hate her guts posting here though so I do have to wonder who the cuties are.

by Anonymousreply 59September 14, 2024 11:52 AM

[quote] I have never heard anyone mention her.

Have you heard of a site called "Twitter"?

by Anonymousreply 60September 14, 2024 11:54 AM

[quote]I do see people who hate her guts posting here though so I do have to wonder who the cuties are.

Why, thank you!

by Anonymousreply 61September 14, 2024 11:56 AM

R59, go to instagram and click on the comments on a People magazine post about either Meghan or Catherine.

People who hate on a person recently diagnosed with cancer are in a different league to other haters.

BTW, if you are a fan of MM, this particular thread may not be for you...

by Anonymousreply 62September 14, 2024 11:58 AM

I'm not a fan of either R62. I only see them mentioned here and I stay off X due to Musk being a purveyor of hate and discord. As I said, I doubt there's some base of Markle fans that's big enough to wreak havoc.

by Anonymousreply 63September 14, 2024 12:17 PM

I should add I don't read trashy tabloids or do IG either.

by Anonymousreply 64September 14, 2024 12:18 PM

Exactly, r64, you don't read the tabloids and have no interaction with social media. Hence, you have no fucking idea what's going on in that huge sphere.

by Anonymousreply 65September 14, 2024 12:20 PM

I'd bet its a combination of a low-ball salary package and payroll. They don't have any money. Only infamy

by Anonymousreply 66September 14, 2024 12:21 PM

[quote]I should add I don't read trashy tabloids

One wonders what you see in Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 67September 14, 2024 12:41 PM

R64, I suggested reading the comments, not the articles.

Big difference.

by Anonymousreply 68September 14, 2024 12:47 PM

Lots of stuff doesn't involve the BRF/Markle R67. My biggest complaint is too many of these threads get started. We don't need a thread every time Katie farts or Meghan is seen in public.

by Anonymousreply 69September 14, 2024 12:49 PM

No R68. I have to click on People to read comments.

by Anonymousreply 70September 14, 2024 12:50 PM

So why keep contributing to them r69? You're bumping them up with each post.

There is a threadblocking feature.

R70: That doesn't mean you have to read the article.

by Anonymousreply 71September 14, 2024 12:52 PM

R71, it's the principal of it R71 but, yes, bye. I don't want to contribute to it.

Blocking doesn't seem to work anymore. They always pop back up if I log out and then back in.

by Anonymousreply 72September 14, 2024 12:56 PM

It's the principal of it - Oh fucking dear. When you click off, head to a dictionary.

by Anonymousreply 73September 14, 2024 1:02 PM

"Why Hollywood Keeps Quitting on Harry and Meghan" Perhaps because he has only two talents (acting the part of a royal and being in the military), both of which he has given up, and because she has one modest talent (acting), which she has given up. They delude themselves in thinking that they have more to offer but, in fact, everything else they have is of negative value, as the vast majority of people can now see. They have run out of runway, unless they open an OnlyFans account.

by Anonymousreply 74September 14, 2024 1:05 PM

An etsy store can bring in some change.

by Anonymousreply 75September 14, 2024 1:07 PM

If it's true that WME have influence over The Hollywood Reporter, then it looks from the article like the order the Reporter received was, "Trash her, but allow him to be rehabilitated." The article makes a clear distinction between the two of them. ALL of the fault is hers, if you read it closely. His only fault is allowing her to be like that: but the suggestion is strong that it would take him and which army to get in her way.

by Anonymousreply 76September 14, 2024 3:04 PM

R69 Where is this royal “we” coming from? You don’t speak for me, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 77September 14, 2024 3:14 PM

[quote]He would no longer be just a motherless son, but also a widow.

Oh, [italic]dear.[/italic]

Or do you mean he would also transition?

by Anonymousreply 78September 14, 2024 3:19 PM

The Duchess of Pit Stains isn't even good at being a narcissist.

Narcissists are able to keep their mask on until they have achieved their goals.

Malicious Meg let her mask slip early on even before the wedding. Rude to William and Catherine and their children (taking photos of Charlotte sleeping?), making demands of the Queen for Tiaras, refusing guidance and more. Charles called her "tungsten" for a reason.

An effective narcissist would have played the long game and kept her mask on for a significant amount of time. An good narcissist would have endeared herself to the RF and UK thus setting herself up for solo success in Hollywood. But she didn't have the skills to do that, she's a dlist actress, dlist narcissist, dlist businesswoman, DLIST all around. Talentless narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 79September 14, 2024 3:35 PM

Narcissists are not terribly good at long-term planning. Their deeply-seated needs need attention NOW. Of course Meghan would have been wiser to play the long game -- just think of the inheritance alone from Charles -- but narcissists cannot wait -- they need their fix of attention and an acknowledgement of their beauty/power/importance/dominance NOW!

by Anonymousreply 80September 14, 2024 3:41 PM

I agree, she's all want and right now.

by Anonymousreply 81September 14, 2024 3:55 PM

It's an interesting theory that WME is OK with the story - and the angle.

Why would the Hollywood Reporter antagonise WME over something/people so trivial, otherwise? They aren't players generating real economic returns, they're curiosities on the fringe. If you're gonna go against a WME client, you'd think the story would be more important than that so that any fallout was worth it.

On the flip side, if WME wanted to drop them, they'd presumably just do it. They're important and the Harkles aren't.

by Anonymousreply 82September 14, 2024 4:00 PM

[quote] Charles called her "tungsten" for a reason.

Could you explain that, please? It went right over my head.

by Anonymousreply 83September 14, 2024 4:07 PM

Apparently the Hollywood Reporter spoke directly to 12 of H&M's former staff in the US for this article. Beyond the fact that we get an article about Meghan being a nightmare every few months, and her initial claim it was all a smear campaign, she still hasn't sued The Times over the 2021 bullying article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84September 14, 2024 4:11 PM

R82, WME may perceive that if the Harkles break up there is a fair chance Harry could be reintegrated into the BRF, and they don't want to alienate THEM because they want their stars to be invited on Royal Command Performances, given gongs, etc. Meghan is indeed not worth bothering with, because (a) she'll disappear when they divorce, or (b) as long as Harry's with her he's no use either.

by Anonymousreply 85September 14, 2024 4:13 PM

It's interesting that back in 2020 we all predicted they would be separated by now, and it never came to pass. I wonder why he still clings to her. He must feel she really protects him somehow from his family.

by Anonymousreply 86September 14, 2024 4:15 PM

Tungsten is the strongest metal with the highest melting point. Unbendable and scratch resistant.

Charles was clever to use it.

by Anonymousreply 87September 14, 2024 4:15 PM

They aren't divorced because they share too many secrets and have too much dirt on each other.

They will stay together til the bitter end like Wallis and Edward. And just like Wallis, Meghan will ignore Harry on his deathbed like Wallis ignored Edward on his deathbed.

by Anonymousreply 88September 14, 2024 4:17 PM

R86, part of it may be pride and stubbornness - leaving her would require him to admit things privately and publicly. Also, he may be trying to make a go of it for his children. Or he may still besotted.

I think R88 is onto something too - come what may, that marriage is over when she says it's over. What goods there are, she's got.

by Anonymousreply 89September 14, 2024 4:19 PM

She's using coercive control, R86. Classic domestic abuse. Isolate you from your family, isolate you from your friends, jealous fit if you so much a smile at another member of [your preferred] gender, tie up the money so you're always worried about where that's going to come from next, focus you constantly on your vulnerabilities and areas of greatest neediness and give you no credit for your strengths or successes...and pretty soon, you can't work out how you COULD get away even if you wanted to.

by Anonymousreply 90September 14, 2024 4:20 PM

R86 I part of it is that we didn't fully realize what an idiot and entitled brat Harry is back in 2020 as he was still very popular then. Additionally, the level of emotional manipulation that appears to be at work in that relationship and how severe Harry's "mommy issues" really are. Also, I'm sure there's an element of of pride on Harry's side. He's literally given up his whole life for Meghan and a divorce would be admitting that he made a huge mistake. That being said, I highly doubt they will still be married by the time Harry celebrates 50.

by Anonymousreply 91September 14, 2024 4:26 PM

If Harry wants out all he has to do is call Backgrid and have them follow him to some motel where he meets up with a strumpet.

Meg will file for divorce the next day and schedule her next interview with Oprah. One tear, left eye, GO!

by Anonymousreply 92September 14, 2024 4:30 PM

Harry will never find someone else to be with him. He's a toad, which is why she landed him.

They were so stupid to leave the BRF. She spent £1M of Charles' money on fewer than 75 outfits. One maternity dress alone cost over £100,000. What kind of dummy spends that amount on an ugly maternity dress?

They won't even land on Real Housewives now.

by Anonymousreply 93September 14, 2024 6:36 PM

This is a perfect example of what happens when people can’t be trusted. It should be a textbook lesson for future generations. Also a warning on biting the hands that feed you.

by Anonymousreply 94September 14, 2024 6:51 PM

FFS, here we go with the whitewash that Harry is a nice dumb-dumb but for the evil harridan who abuses him. He's as bad as she is, if not worse. He delighted in and actively participated in all of their schemes.

by Anonymousreply 95September 14, 2024 7:06 PM

I mostly blame Harry. Meghan was just trying to hustle, she's from Hollywood, that's what everyone does there. Harry on the other hand grew up in the royal family, he knew the deal, yet he has the nerve to whine about primogeniture? That dummy's still more privileged than almost anyone in the world.

And don't get me started on "He got an extra sausage."

by Anonymousreply 96September 14, 2024 7:35 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97September 14, 2024 8:57 PM

R88 I agree totally that Wallis and Edward are just like Harry and Meghan. Strange how history repeats itself like that. He’s stupid, needy and spoiled like his late great great uncle as well. He might end the same way with her abandoning him at the end, too.

Edward just didn’t want all the relentless and boring ceremonial shit that goes with being a king and ultimately found a shallow wannabe socialite with a dodgy past, a gold digger who cheated on him during that long tedious marriage. Like you said, she couldn’t even be bothered to be by his side when he was dying.

That old ugly cunt had a hard death herself— and deserved it.

by Anonymousreply 98September 14, 2024 9:41 PM

Wallis even had her own Markus, called Jimmy Donohue.

by Anonymousreply 99September 14, 2024 9:48 PM

Edward was an incompetent king who leaked classified information to foreign governments and was happy for London to be bombed.

Due to one of his early nannies abusing him, he had a weakness for women who dominated him. Fortunately for everyone else, the women he was besotted with was twice married and provided the perfect excuse to get rid of him.

That he was allowed to state that he gave up the throne for love - instead of for being a traitor - and was presented as a romantic hero allowed everyone to save face. There were documents released in the mid 1990s proving this, but other documents due to be de-classified then were re-sealed until the 2030s.

Harry is a dunce and a dud as well. His choice of partner and his calling the First Amendment to the US consitution "bonkers" prove this.

by Anonymousreply 100September 14, 2024 11:05 PM

Was Diana pregnant with William or halfwit Harry when she threw herself down the stairs?

There is something innately wrong with Harry.

by Anonymousreply 101September 14, 2024 11:08 PM

William, r101. Her revealing that and other details in 1992 via Andrew Morton cannot have been good for her sons. Also damaging was her claim that Charles was disappointed by Harry not being born a girl, and that he had red hair.

Had Diana lived longer, she probably would have fucked him up even more. IIRC, she was bulimic through both pregnancies. Before and after as well.

by Anonymousreply 102September 14, 2024 11:17 PM

Charles is too guilty and weak not to leave Harry a pile in his will. Harry and the harridan will be just fine.

by Anonymousreply 103September 14, 2024 11:50 PM

R96 “Spare” is such a privileged position without all of the responsibility and Harry is too stupid to know it.

by Anonymousreply 104September 14, 2024 11:58 PM

Harry will have to pay taxes on anything he might get from Charles. Whatever Harry manages to hang onto will be shared with Mrs Harry IF Harry is stupid enough to mix his inheritance with marital assets

The sovereign usually leaves the whole fortune to the heir and none of that money is taxed.

by Anonymousreply 105September 14, 2024 11:59 PM

[quote] He's literally given up his whole life for Meghan

Oh, [italic]dear.[/italic[

by Anonymousreply 106September 15, 2024 12:13 AM

Harry only has "no airs at all" because everything he had, dirty laundry included, was aired in public in his memoir.

by Anonymousreply 107September 15, 2024 12:34 AM

[quote] In recent years the former princess has become an ardent admirer of best-selling Texas self-help author Brené Brown, who urges readers to cultivate gratitude and joy in their lives.

= Synonymous with "obnoxious".

by Anonymousreply 108September 15, 2024 1:00 AM

Because they are obnoxious entitled pieces of shit.

by Anonymousreply 109September 15, 2024 1:32 AM

I think it's safe to say that Harry is most certainly dumb/cuntstruck enough to mix anything he inherits with his marital assets.

To be fair, though, how can you keep something like that back unless it is secret or the person leaving the money stipulates that it must be kept separate?

by Anonymousreply 110September 15, 2024 2:27 AM

R107, of course Harry doesn't put on airs. Why would he? Everyone always deferred to him. He's never had to struggle to impress anyone or get them to do what he asks.

by Anonymousreply 111September 15, 2024 2:35 AM

I feel so sorry for all the homeless people in LA Meghan gives brand new backpacks to containing water and crackers. Most homeless people want money.

by Anonymousreply 112September 15, 2024 2:41 AM

R112 Exactly. It's just performance activism at its finest. Then later on she can read the puff pieces describing her "good deeds" in explicit detail while patting herself on the back with one hand while using the other hand to rub her clit to get off from all of the positive press she's received like the twisted old cow that she is.

by Anonymousreply 113September 15, 2024 3:20 AM

So Harry met Doria just months after the Harkles started dating, she had input into their wedding and by the the time of their engagement interview had spent a lot of time with each other.

Her father was supposed to meet Harry in the UK just before the wedding, his invitation got lost in the post, and a paparazzo Meghan knew really well and had on speed-dial just happened to ask Thomas Sr to pose for some photos to help with his image.

Right.

Okay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114September 15, 2024 9:18 AM

Lady Colin Campbell said that Harry and Meghan tried to get her to announce that Thomas Markle Sr had molested Meghan, which I don’t believe for a minute, and neither did Lady C.

The Heritage Foundations’ investigation of Harry’s case just collapsed. I was so depressed. I want something to really take down these two motherfuckers,

by Anonymousreply 115September 16, 2024 12:41 AM

R115 I KNEW that bitch would try and take a page out of Casey Anthony's playback. Fellow grifter and narcissist Buffy Sainte-Marie pulled the same shit against her brother when he had the balls to reveal she was Italian and not Native American.

I know LCC is not a fully reliable source but that sounds exactly like something Rachel would do like the two hour high speed late night car chase all over NYC.

by Anonymousreply 116September 16, 2024 2:38 AM

[QUOTE]The Heritage Foundations’ investigation of Harry’s case just collapsed. I was so depressed. I want something to really take down these two motherfuckers,

Do you not know/understand what the Heritage Foundation is in the U.S.? It does not serve the matters you think it does.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117September 16, 2024 3:02 AM

I think that once her father is dead she will accuse him of molesting her when she was a child.

She will use this as an excuse for not contacting him when he was ill and not going to his funeral. And of course he will be dead so can’t defend himself. I really think this is something she is capable of doing.

by Anonymousreply 118September 16, 2024 7:16 AM

If her reputation is completely demolished by the time her father dies, she will use an Oprah interview about the supposed SA as a comeback/rehabilitation ticket.

Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 119September 16, 2024 7:53 AM

The only thing that will rehabilitate her is WETH?

by Anonymousreply 120September 16, 2024 11:59 AM

Sorry, early. WHET, in DL parlance.

by Anonymousreply 121September 16, 2024 12:00 PM

r119, I don't think Oprah will touch her after that disastrous interview. She has seemed to distance herself to Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 122September 16, 2024 1:16 PM

And yet she showed up—late—at a bookstore opening where Markle was speaking.

by Anonymousreply 123September 16, 2024 1:50 PM

I don't think Oprah showed up for Meghan, r123. There's a funny video of her walking in and saying hi to people while Meghan is giving her word salad speech.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124September 16, 2024 2:00 PM

Meghan's hand gestures of her supposedly buying a book and taking it to the checkout are hilarious in the video at r124.

by Anonymousreply 125September 16, 2024 2:02 PM

If the Duchess thinks she's going to reep from the financial gravy train that is the Molestation Express, she better get in the back of the line!!!

by Anonymousreply 126September 16, 2024 5:51 PM

That was so funny when Meghan was acting out the most mundane part of a bookstore experience and Oprah comes barreling in, blocking the camera's view and probably most of the audience's, turning around to say hi to people and paying no attention to Meghan.

Meghan went into full reptile mode.

by Anonymousreply 127September 16, 2024 11:14 PM

I don't know R86. Maybe, just maybe, he lovers her?

by Anonymousreply 128September 16, 2024 11:16 PM

^^^^loves her.

by Anonymousreply 129September 16, 2024 11:21 PM

Whether Oprah was there to see Meghan or not (and I think we can agree "not") there is no way that Meghan wouldn't have tried for a pic with her Montecito pal Oprah.

Which didn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 130September 16, 2024 11:50 PM

Yes it did. Full frontal bug.

by Anonymousreply 131September 17, 2024 12:05 AM

I meant that the picture didn’t happen, not that Smeggy didn’t try.

by Anonymousreply 132September 17, 2024 12:40 AM

They were pictured togetbet. Hug, not bug.

by Anonymousreply 133September 17, 2024 1:51 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134September 17, 2024 4:46 AM

So glad that the Sussexes were accompanied by a security detail - Montecito being one of the world’s most dangerous cities!

Amazingly, Oprah attended with no security detail and driver herself. So brave.

Still haven’t seen any pics of the Sussexes and their close friend Oprah at this event - probably embargoed due to security issues.

by Anonymousreply 135September 17, 2024 4:55 AM

^^^ Oprah *drove* herself

by Anonymousreply 136September 17, 2024 5:21 AM

Megs looks excited to be FINALLY invited to an A List party!

by Anonymousreply 137September 17, 2024 4:03 PM

R134, the only images of Meghan and Oprah together at the bookstore opening were the video where Oprah walked in and greeted people during Meghan's word salad and a photo where it looks as though Meghan has jumped on Oprah to give her a huge fake love hug. Oprah isn't consciously posing with Meghan in either of those images.

by Anonymousreply 138September 19, 2024 6:41 PM

Meg's story: I get the book, I take it to the counter...

Scintillating.

Absolutely fascinating stuff.

by Anonymousreply 139September 20, 2024 10:03 AM

Hollywood Reporter missed out on a great pun by concluding the article with

[quote] Harry and Meghan’s LATEST spokesperson declined to comment.

by Anonymousreply 140September 20, 2024 10:08 AM

Meghan must be seriously mentally ill. Her language is so bizarre and she faultlessly misunderstands every situation and event she is in. She is also a bully and rageaholic. And, seriously, to withstand daily life with someone as stupid and obtuse as Harry for years would be unbearable to an average person. Harry is unteachably stupid (I am a teacher). He will always make bizarre mistakes and have bizarre instincts because he is so incredibly stupid. Everything is inappropriate with him.

by Anonymousreply 141September 20, 2024 1:59 PM

Meghan is like a lottery winner who refuses to listen to sound advice, blows their new found fortune and ends up right back where they started.

She won the jackpot of a lifetime. Membership into an elite organization where there are only a limited number of slots available. Only a select few are granted entry. Prestige and lifetime wealth and security are guaranteed.

She blew it and now she's right back where started. Hustling for a paycheck and relevance in Hollyweird where people like her are a dime a dozen and anyone can get in. She's tragically stupid as is halfwit Harry.

She also overdresses like a new money lottery winner. Gaudy, inappropriate for the occasion, ill-fitting and just to show off what she can now afford. Old money dress classic, tailored, appropriate and unpretentious.

She thought that 75k, over-the-top sequined evening gown she wore for her daytime engagement portrait (while halfwit harold wore a day suit) made her look classy. It made her look low-class and insane. No other Royal, of blood or married in, dressed like that for an engagement photo. She reminds me of my mafioso uncles' garish wives who would dress like they were going to a cocktail party when they went to the supermarket just to show off their wealth.

by Anonymousreply 142September 20, 2024 2:48 PM

[quote]Meghan must be seriously mentally ill.

I love to take the piss out of this horrible creature, but my take is different. I don't think she is mentally ill. I think she might not know any better. Maybe she does, but there's no learning in her background that given a choice, she chooses anything other than self. She is just very badly raised. Single parenting is hard, even just logistically and that's before you get to the morals and values of the individuals and whether their guilt over their parenting meant what time they could give the kid was then about indulgence rather than shepherding. She was managed, not raised, because home life was complicated. She wasn't a kid, more a problem to be solved. I think she is largely self-raised, which would explain the incessant focus on self. Does anybody think she became an actress for love of creativity? I see this creature fixed on materialism, attention, want, who seems to have no problem steam rolling ahead over other people, particularly if they are in a subordinate position, get in her way or become inconvenient, because that's what she saw growing up. Food chains. You don't sit on TV production sets and not see pecking order at work. I don't think her flaws are that special or psychiatric. She's pretty garden variety. Still, she seems like a nasty piece of work.

by Anonymousreply 143September 20, 2024 3:18 PM

r142, you sum it up nicely and correctly.

Your first paragraphs are exactly why I was interested in and wanted to become a fan of Markle. Upon more observation, however, it became pretty apparent to me that she misunderstood the assignment.

I also find that, over time in observing her, I find Markle unlikable, too. I think her own words show her to be inauthentic... OK, I'll just say it - phony.

And, as I've written a million times, I also believe the Sussexes that she did have to endure bigotry from some of Harry's extended family, staff and from the tabloids.

Both can exist. What I describe above, and that Sussexes blew it.

I think the reason Markle looks so giddy in those pix of her arriving or leaving the Tyler Perry party is that they come in time to alleviate that Hollywood Reporter story.

Perry through them a lifeline and they got something out of it.

by Anonymousreply 144September 20, 2024 3:28 PM

The thing is that their supporters are always people who know very little about them and about the monarchy. If you know what you are talking about, these two are incredibly destructive people. Never mind the top five scandalous thing Harry put in his book that are new, it is also an encyclopedia of nasty things about Charles and William. From mentioning when Charles was once photographed nude getting dressed to constantly referring to William as Willy, etc., there were offensive things in every page. He packed being a total bastard onto each page.

by Anonymousreply 145September 20, 2024 4:32 PM

R142

Wasn’t Meghan’s inappropriate evening dress sheer also. I remember a picture when Harry seemed to be snuggled up to her covering her tits.

by Anonymousreply 146September 20, 2024 4:33 PM

[QUOTE]Meghan is like a lottery winner who refuses to listen to sound advice, blows their new found fortune and ends up right back where they started.

A lot of those lottery winners don't have the money management or life skills to deal with their windfall. Long ago People Magazine did a feature on several lottery winners who wound up worse than when they started. Wild overspending, family squabbles, divorces, debt, and bankruptcy. In Meghan's case, the damage is reputational (unless she relished being a villain) and I can't help but wonder if she rues what she's done. I think Harry definitely does.

by Anonymousreply 147September 20, 2024 5:05 PM

No way does Meghan regret anything. She's always right, and if something goes awry, it's someone else's fault. If she did have an ounce of self-reflection she would have course-corrected by now.

by Anonymousreply 148September 20, 2024 6:27 PM

[quote]So glad that the Sussexes were accompanied by a security detail - Montecito being one of the world’s most dangerous cities!

Has anyone in human history made a bigger stink about needing security than these two?

by Anonymousreply 149September 20, 2024 6:42 PM

R142, the mismatch in the formal engagement photos (not the photo call announcement) says it all. I was motivated to look up other formal engagement photos. William and Kate, very evenly matched although I’m sure there was much more scrutiny for that one. Diana and Charles was tough, there didn’t seem to be just one formal photo. Princess Anne, first marriage, she was in a formal gown with a tiara and her fiancé was wearing his military uniform so, well matched (for the photo at least).

The bodice of MM’s evening gown was sheer on the runway, with a few sequin appliqués but normally when customers order, it would be lined. The irritating thing about Megs is, the photos that were published, she was posing as if it were unlined. Ever the tease.

by Anonymousreply 150September 20, 2024 7:35 PM

While I hate to post anything from GB News (aka Great Bullshit News), apparently they got a quote directly from H&M's office. They are attempting to claim that none of H&M staff actually work with them in Montecito, the staff allegedly works remotely in an LA Office. Also they claim that Meghan has an email signature stating staff shouldn't feel pressured to email her outside off office hours.

However, THR is stating they have affidavits from the 12 staff they spoke to, that some of the staff were not office workers e.g. household staff like nannies, and that at least one of them still work for H&M and effectively that their story is airtight and the Sussexes are free to sue them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151September 20, 2024 8:28 PM

r142 Yes for a long while the common assumption was that she is much smarter than Harry but the evidence suggests she's actually pretty dumb too.

by Anonymousreply 152September 20, 2024 8:40 PM

[QUOTE]But now, GBNews.com has unearthed fresh details which look to have put the claims to bed in a new twist in the staffing saga.

Unearthed? Unless I'm misreading, it sounds like Archwell approached them. I don't understand why GB News is carrying Meghan's water. Haven't they been highly critical of her in the past? It's obviously clear this is Archwell PR's attempt at a clean up.

Isn't it strange that they're using a British outlet and not previous water carriers like People or US. to address something that's an LA/Montecito issue. Wasn't Marie Claire also favorable to them? Is U.S. media now disinclined to go to bat for them? Hmm.

by Anonymousreply 153September 20, 2024 8:52 PM

Being smarter than Harry is setting the bar rather low. I’d suggest that 99.99% of the population is smarter than Harry.

by Anonymousreply 154September 22, 2024 12:06 AM

Lady Colin Campbell says that Thomas Markle, Jr., may have said that Trevor Engelson told him that Meghan had had a hysterectomy years ago before she married Harry.

by Anonymousreply 155September 22, 2024 12:46 AM

Harry obviously is a dimwit but this whole sordid Markle situation makes Charles look pretty stupid too.

Why didn't he write her a big fat check to go away BEFORE the wedding and save himself and his family a lot of aggravation and embarrassment.

Yeah I know, she would have cried racism. However, if the money was contingent on her keeping quiet and been reinforced with an iron clad NDA with severe and stiff penalties, then they would have been rid of her.

How much did the wedding cost, 35M? Plus Charles spent 1M on her wardrobe the first year. Even if he had paid her 36M to go away, it would have been well worth it not to have to deal with her AND her children for generations to come. Children she is likely training to take up her mantle of grievances with the RF when they are of age.

by Anonymousreply 156September 22, 2024 1:00 AM

Anyone who believes Markle Jr and Colin Campbell are reliable truthful sources has a brain dysfunction.

by Anonymousreply 157September 22, 2024 1:19 AM

It's absurd about the hysterectomy. She had two children and cringed us all to nausea cradling the bumps all the way through the pregnancies. There's no way any of the nonsense about surrogates could be true. You couldn't keep it under wraps.

by Anonymousreply 158September 22, 2024 1:27 PM

Logically I agree that she gave birth, r158, but these images of Meghan's seemingly falling moonbump do make one wonder. Perhaps one reason for the constant cradling was to keep the bump in place.

The hysterectomy rumour is nonsense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159September 22, 2024 1:42 PM

The simplest answer is the most likely: she was pregnant and gave birth to two kinds. Maybe a little in vitro help.

What I find strange is that she’s never given gushing interviews about the joys of pregnancy, the blossoming, the glow, whatever women write about. It’s like pregnancy announcement, then nothing until birth announcement. Then a few offhand references to “the littles”. I don’t mean parading the kids in front of the media, just more talk about the challenges of motherhood which her audience would lap up. “As a mother and a humanitarian…”

Archie was due to start kindergarten last week. Did anyone notice?

by Anonymousreply 160September 22, 2024 2:09 PM

R160, these two don’t have the ability to bring off complex long-term plans nor would Meghan, under any circumstances, allow herself to gain a pound if she could possibly avoid it. So yes, she was pregnant and gave birth to two children. Do Meghan and Harry care at all about these children? No. Children need constant attention, and that’s out of the question for either of them.

by Anonymousreply 161September 22, 2024 2:23 PM

Meghan comes from a Hollywood mindset. A mindset that believes a good publicist can spin any story to the celebrity's advantage and get them out of any mess. This mindset emboldens celebrities and makes them believe they are invincible and can get away with anything regardless how brazen. Meghan didn't have the mindset that MI5/6 was watching or that pulling one over on the RF wasn't the same as pulling one over on the fanbase of a Hollywood celebrity. Meghan was hellbent on getting into the RF and wasn't going to let being unable to conceive get in her way. She also knew she had the extra insurance of pulling the race card if any problems arose from a pregnancy deception.

It isn't plausible that she gave birth for the first time at her age and returned to Frogmore all within a couple of hours as outlined in halfwit Harry's book. Also not plausible given the travel distance.

For whatever reason, she wasn't pregnant. Moon bumps falling. Moon bumps that were huge one day and smaller the next day which is the opposite of how pregnancies progress. Effortlessly squatting in heels with legs together when she was supposedly late in pregnancy. This all supports the theory of surrogacy. The California OBGYN shutting down her practice amid questions about Lilibet's birth is also suspect.

Perhaps Barrister Beard AmaI CIooney advised on the surrogacy matter it being that skeleton never gave birth to twins and would know how to get around British surrogacy law given her profession. Maybe even lent a private jet to pick up the newborn under the guise of a NYC baby shower....? That's a theory out there that seems plausible. The baby looked older than four months old when photographed with Desmond Tutu in September...

I personally believe that since that Lady C. creature is in cahoots with the Pa Markle and Sam she does know a few things from their end. She always refers to the children as "Harry's children" and she always repeats it twice in succession "Harry's children, Harry's children" never Meghan's children. This suggests Harry's sperm and someone else's eggs. Maybe her frozen eggs weren't viable? Ashleigh, her niece and Sam's daughter, might have been the surrogate AND egg donor thus providing the Markle resemblance, close DNA and also making the children 100% white.

Just my observations. For entertainment and pointless bitchery purposes.

by Anonymousreply 162September 22, 2024 3:04 PM

JFC. Your observations are not entertaining, but worse, you have a frau's concept of pointless bitchery.

by Anonymousreply 163September 22, 2024 5:24 PM

It will be interesting to see how the kids turnout. I suspect Meghan will be highly competitive with her daughter as she ages into maturity.

by Anonymousreply 164September 22, 2024 5:32 PM

Who said anything about maturity?

by Anonymousreply 165September 23, 2024 3:17 AM

The kids will be uglier than the parents. Probably why they are rarely seen.

by Anonymousreply 166September 23, 2024 12:24 PM

They're rarely seen, because they're the whitest kids that ever whited. And Harry is probably doing one thing right and keeping them out of the media.

by Anonymousreply 167September 23, 2024 2:22 PM

The kids aren't seen to spite Charles. He can't see them personally or publicly unless he gives in to the diabolical duos' money and security demands.

by Anonymousreply 168September 23, 2024 3:51 PM

Apparently, the Sussex kids called their grandfather Charles to wish him a "Happy Birthday" last November.

Then, the "story" about the call was "leaked" to the press.

Sounds like Mrs Harry saw another opportunity, not unlike the leaking to M's mouthpiece at CBS about the call from the RF right after the Oprah interview.

Quelle Surprise!!

by Anonymousreply 169September 23, 2024 4:07 PM

I think King Charles is just fine with not seeing the Sussex grandkids.

That's not to say he wouldn't like to see them. That's not to say he'd order the footman to close the door in their faces if they showed up at Clarence House.

But this notion that he isn't preoccupied with, well, you know, the duties of being King and instead is pining away to see the Sussex grandkids doesn't strike me as plausible.

In the same vein, I never was persuaded that the effect of the Sussexes leaving and subsequent stupid offensive behavior by them made Q E II's and Prince Phillips life hell in their last years.

Over 70 or so years, those two went through much more difficult family and PR disasters then whatever those two idiotic Sussexes could dish out.

I'd say in those last years around Prince Phillip's death and until Q E II's, the Sussexes were about 9th or 10th down the list, if even that, on issues they had to deal with.

by Anonymousreply 170September 23, 2024 4:23 PM

Hmmm I can imagine that having a beloved grandson go on an interview broadcast around the world describing an institution that you have headed for 70 years to be recist, cold and unfeeling might have bothered TQ quite a bit

by Anonymousreply 171September 23, 2024 5:07 PM

The Queen was most certainly angered about the Sussexes naming their daughter Lilibet since she was moved to issue a statement calling them out on their lie that they received her blessing to use that name.

by Anonymousreply 172September 23, 2024 5:50 PM

I have it on good authority that Queen Camilla is not phased by any of it and instead spends a good part of each and every day swathed in a warm, fuzzy, gin-soaked haze.

by Anonymousreply 173September 23, 2024 6:25 PM

"At first, William thought it was defiance that made his brother want to strike out against him and the rest of the royal family, but now he truly believes Harry simply doesn't have the mental capacity to make good decisions and handle the responsibilities of royal life."

Éven actor lan McKellen, who claims to "be on Harry's side" admits the Duke of Sussex is ""not bright enough" to handle life as a working royal. alienated his relatives by The ginger-haired prince dropping. his royal duties in 2020, but really shot himself is in the foot by accusing his to family of racism during a television interview.

He then added insult to injury by penning his blistering memoir, Spare, detailing his "astonished" grievances against his family, including charges William physically attacked him during an argument over Meghan. "William wondered why his brother would burn bridges with his family and the opportunities royal life gave him and his wife to further the humanitarian causes they claim to support," says the insider.

"He came to the conclusion Harry IS too dense to see the damage he's done.'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174September 23, 2024 9:34 PM

R174, I think Harry does have some kind of learning difficulty or is somewhere on the spectrum. He seems unable to process how he comes across to others or the implications of his actions. To get just a B and a D in two A levels despite having gone to Eton - and the B was with the direct help of a tutor - shows a lack of basic skills, such as ability to absorb and understand information, articulate a response, even if it's all waffle, and lack of concentration. This in an environment where you're being intellectually challenged and cultivated 24 hours a day.

by Anonymousreply 175September 24, 2024 9:46 AM

I don't understand (aside from the desire to construct a never-ending narrative) why some of the articles linked at r174 imply that there is, or has been until recently, a possibility that Harry could return to some royal duties. That's impossible and has been for some years, since they absconded to Canada and ratified by the deal with the Queen in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 176September 24, 2024 10:53 AM

Well they have to fill their pages with -something- and Meghan and Harry stories are popular plus they basically write themselves. Any one of us could easily invent a story and bang out 500 words. Every couple months there’s something new (this THR one) but most are rehashes.

BTW, the latest spin on the THR article is that M approached them with the idea that “she’s a hard driving executive and so many employees fail to measure up so they quit” but the newspaper decided to dig deeper. No, it makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 177September 24, 2024 11:32 AM

Where was that, r177?

R175, I haven't read the WAAUGH book, but he seems like a straight up narcissist. Made worse by his older sibling being a future king. Dumb and easily manipulated by a worse narcissist.

It's sad to think he could have learning difficulties which weren't/aren't addressed, however even smart people with narcissistic traits can be manipulated by a partner with a stronger personality.

by Anonymousreply 178September 24, 2024 11:51 AM

Why do you rhink Harold's difficulties weren't addressed? He's had one-on-one care, tutors and mental health pros most of his life. You can't do much with an arrogant prick who doesn't give a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 179September 24, 2024 12:56 PM

Diana fucked up raising her sons.

William, who was older when she died, supposedly talked to her friends afterward to find out who his mother really was.

Harry IMO still sees her as this saintly, persecuted mother.

Looking now at the two men, the boys she focused on, it seems clear much the current problems can be traced back to Diana's determination that the boys would be forever together, side by side, facing the world.

Go back and look at some of the videos of the 2 when they were younger.

One example: William's first day at Eton. Who is there? William, his father, his mother, and Harry. WHY IS HARRY THERE? He had no reason to be there.

Now, consider Harry's tale about expecting to "hang out" with William at Eton when Harry started there. And his upset and hurt that William refused.

As someone who attended the same high school (in the US) as my older sibling (3 years older than me) it never occurred to me that we would be in each other's pockets when at that school. I would guess that any of the rest of you would feel the same.

But Diana had conditioned those boys that they were to be together forever. William was smart enough (and maybe eager to separate from his little brother) that he may have relished his first opportunity to not have to be responsible for the kid brother. What older sibling wouldn't grasped that chance for dear life?

Watch other videos of the boys when they were little. Even then, William is cast in the role as the "big brother" to naughty little brother.

Diana was apparently warned that Harry was not scholastically talented enough for Eton and that he should go to a different school. No. He had to go to Eton.

I would think that Harry would have been much better off at Gordonstoun. It also would have given him a chance to find his own path.

All this stuff, including Diana telling Harry that it's OK to be naughty as long as you don't get caught, plus her keeping him out of school on days so he could stay home with Mummy.

Given the tumultuous state of the marriage of Charles and Diana and her using the press to paint him as the bad guy paints a picture ripe with the foundation of the person Harry is today.

Diana came from a screwed up childhood. Charles came from a screwed up childhood. William and Harry came from a screwed up childhood.

Story is that Diana warned William to take his time about choosing who he would marry and he followed that advice. It looks (from this distance) that he learned from the mistakes of his parents and grandparents and set out to build a more stable and steady family and childhood for his own children.

Harry chose differently.

My one hope for Harry is that he holds the line in protecting his own children. Should he and his wife split, there most likely will be a huge fight about custody and all his foibles and past behaviors that he so willingly exposed in print and interviews could be used against him in such a fight.

by Anonymousreply 180September 24, 2024 3:06 PM

Too bad you weren't around, R180. You've got it all figured out, down to Gordonstoun.

by Anonymousreply 181September 24, 2024 3:43 PM

I suspect with many of the tales Harry tells of his childhood and early adulthood, there's a lot of "recollections may vary" about them. Harry and William only overlapped for two years at Eton, so the idea that they were expected to "hang out" together sounds exaggerated, especially as William would have been in the 6th form and doing A levels, which is a very different experience from that of the earlier school years.

I don't think Harry's foibles can be blamed on his parents. William went though the same things (perhaps even worse as, being older, he would have understood a lot more of what was going on) and managed to keep his shit together.

The real problem with Harry is that he is unable to reflect upon what he is doing and comprehend the effect it has. Does he really believe that he is somehow going to "beat" William in people's affections by carrying on the way he is? That he and Meghan are going to be the new Diana, changing the world for the better with their public appearances? As William apparently said, Harry and Meghan had the best possible platform to advance their causes, but they blew it. He could still have had his behind-the-scenes rows with his brother and father, but at least he would have retained this amazing opportunity in life. Now he is not only depriving himself but also his kids of a unique life with amazing opportunities.

by Anonymousreply 182September 24, 2024 3:45 PM

R181, if Harry had been sent to distant Gordonstaun instead of the same school as William in Windsor - and specifically because he supposedly wasn't as academically "able" - then that would have created the real controversy.

by Anonymousreply 183September 24, 2024 3:50 PM

Whether it would have created controversy, attending Gordonstoun would have given Harry the opportunity to find his own path, rather than being forced into the role of "spare" again, a role that he clearly hated then and hates now.

I fail to see how giving Harry the chance to shine on his own in a setting that was (as far as his family goes) a path that led him to a school attended by both his grandfather (Philip) and his father.

It would also give William a break from being forced to make amends for his brother's negative actions.

by Anonymousreply 184September 24, 2024 4:46 PM

Eh, R182, some of Harry's foibles can be blamed on his parents. I mostly agree with what you say, but think Harry turned out the way he did in part because his father and the Queen catered to his personality because it was the easier approach. Ignoring his behavior at Eton, employing tutors to cheat for him, dumping him on the army when they knew his issues, and unnecessarily providing him with undeserved honors when he threw fits... From all the biographies, Charles was loving if indulgent in may ways, but he also foisted Harry on others so he would not have to get his hands dirty. Perhaps if Charles had given the matter some real attention Harry would not be quite so awful.

All that being said, Harry seems like damaged goods from the get go. One of his early nannies commented that she thought Harry was "born angry". Angry and stupid seems to be his temperament, with a veneer of charm and manipulation. Maybe he was always hopeless.

by Anonymousreply 185September 24, 2024 4:47 PM

If Harry had been sent to Gordonstaun, r183, then he would have resented being sent somewhere so far away, while William went to school next to Windsor, near granny and near London. He'd also have hated the fact that his parents were trying to create a distinction between the two boys - William more resilient and intelligent, Harry with a hint of the dim about him, less high-achieving and in need of some toughening up.

Harry's problems aren't because he went to Eton. Yes, r185, some of his foibles can be blamed on his parents, but nothing that could explain why the heck he's behaving the way he is today. It's a combination of long-held resentment, some kind of learning disability/being on the mild end of the spectrum, and Meghan's manipulation. Without the Meghan element, he would have continued as he was, with whatever family disputes behind the scenes and his dimness being managed by his handlers. He could have met a nice, dim but hearty girl into sports and horses and going out for beers and married her and had some hearty kids. In short, he could have led a life like his Uncle Andrew (before his Uncle Andrew fucked things up with his dubious connections).

by Anonymousreply 186September 24, 2024 6:00 PM

Harry is stupid but do you truly think he had no clue about Markle, R186? Because I think he picked her as a big 'fuck you' to his family. He knew what was up and they were already negotiating deals before even getting married. Agree she manipulated him insofar as she sold him a pack of lies about how easy it would be to succeed in Hollywood. But he was never would have picked the nice girl (no truly nice girl would have had him), he was always going to pick some type of Meghan creature to stick it his family and come out 'on top' in his warped mind.

by Anonymousreply 187September 24, 2024 10:07 PM

R178, Oh it was some Twitter post by a person who claims to have insider knowledge and who often posts on Reddit. Anyway Meg’s rebuttal is now in US magazine. I guess People wasn’t taking her calls.

I think Harry at Gordonstoun would have been a smart move. It’s basically the Army. All his uncles, aunt and grandfather went there. He would be carrying on the family tradition and that’s worth more than “being treated equally” at Eton. He’d also achieve some separation from being compared with William, he’d be out of Diana’s clutches, and far away from palace intrigue. Being a success there would’ve given him confidence. Was it ever considered? Because what a missed opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 188September 24, 2024 10:39 PM

Harry himself wrote that he was hurt when he arrived at Eton and William didn't want to hang out with him.

He barely remembers his mother, so can say what he likes about her. That she regretted the Bashir interview didn't register with either of the Harkles.

I remember reading somewhere that before her death, Diana and Charles had agreed Harry had serious problems and that they would get professional help for him. Seems like it never happened. He was apparently a bully at both Ludgrove and Eton, his behaviour forcing at least one of his victims to leave.

by Anonymousreply 189September 24, 2024 10:57 PM

R187, I don't know if he picked Markle as a deliberate fuck you to his family, but everything changed once she turned up. I don't believe he particularly wanted to break into Hollywood. What he wanted was a half-in, half-out thing, where Their Royal Highnesses would be in the US half the year and the UK for the other half, where they would be performing occasional royal engagements, while he would have his royal projects, like Charles had the Prince's Trust and William has Earthshot and his homelessness project. Meghan would do Disney nature voiceovers and make packed lunches for deprived kids and do stuff with the UN.

The situation now is not what Harry wanted at all. Think back to 2020 - what he was proposing to the Queen, etc. was something quite different.

Of course, the idiocy had to be in him already, but with a different choice of partner it could have been worked through.

by Anonymousreply 190September 24, 2024 11:08 PM

Don't forget the Sussex Royal website, which outlines what Harry really wanted to do, even though it was never possible in the real world. Whoever wrote it is an idiot anyway, as the British monarchy is not a form of government.

[quote]The history of the British monarchy is steeped in tradition and pride, as the oldest form of government in the United Kingdom.

[quote]Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II is sovereign and was crowned Monarch in 1953. Her Majesty serves as a symbol of unity and national pride. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex deeply believe in the role of The Monarchy, and their commitment to Her Majesty The Queen is unwavering. Their roles will continue to reflect their sense of duty and allegiance to The Monarch and her legacy in the world, as they transition into the new working model. As they move to become members of the Royal Family, with financial independence, their commitment to The Monarch is resolute, and they aim to continue to fly the flag for Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, as called upon.

[quote]The British Royal Family has forged links with thousands of charities, public institutions, military associations, and professional bodies in order to highlight the vital work they do for their communities. These efforts help recognise and support the organisations and their contributions to society

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191September 24, 2024 11:13 PM

Harry's Aunt Anne did not go to Gordonstoun, r188.

by Anonymousreply 192September 24, 2024 11:16 PM

Look at any random picture of Harry in Africa while supporting Sentebale - he has never looked happier.

by Anonymousreply 193September 24, 2024 11:17 PM

I think Markle told him what he wanted to hear, generally: you've got a lot to give, you can change the world, blah,blah, blah.

"I think that belief is absolutely central to the confidence game. I think we are hard-wired from the moment we’re born to extract meaning out of the world. We cannot accept it when something doesn’t mean something. We cannot accept it if there is no law of cause and effect. I think the most famous psychological experiment of this is the study that was done with shapes. People were asked to describe what they were seeing. All they were seeing was geometric patterns moving around, but nobody explained it that way. They gave them gender and they created stories, they crafted relationships. That is what con-artists use. They give us meaning. They realize that we all have this need and they are only too happy to supply it to us. They craft stories that will tell cause and effect, that will paint the world in black and white, when it’s shades of gray, because we don’t like shades of gray.

EN: How do you define whether something is a con or simply the expression of belief? After all, as you write, “One man’s confidence artist is another man’s spiritual leader.”

MK: The answer is that it’s a question of intention. Were you intentionally deceiving people for your own ends? Or were you being honest about it and they just chose to go along with you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194September 24, 2024 11:21 PM

He seemed pretty happy recently attending the event that Meghan was "too sick" to attend (probably too sick of her recent very bad press).

by Anonymousreply 195September 24, 2024 11:40 PM

He should have stayed and done things like Sentebale, then, r193, which was only possible because he was part of the royal family - what he would today call the "spare", in fact, as it was co-founded with Prince Seeiso of Lesotho, younger brother of the king of Lesotho.

by Anonymousreply 196September 24, 2024 11:41 PM

R192, my mistake. It was her daughter Zara Phillips.

by Anonymousreply 197September 24, 2024 11:54 PM

All of Harry's current problems stem from the fact that he was too stupid to recognise that the role of the spare gave him everything that he seems to want now - minimal work, free housing for life, a decent allowance from his father which, if he had proper financial advice, could have been invested to provide a solid income stream so that he need not be dependent on his brother when he - William - came to the throne.

He has always been thoroughly English and aristocratic - comfortable in grey old England, shooting things, playing polo, getting drunk in country pubs and London nightclubs. He could have had Frogmore Cottage or similar with a London pied-à-terre in St James or Kensington Palace. All in exchange for maintaining some patronages for the military entailing nothing more than being driven or flown somewhere, shaking hands, making a speech then being taken home again.

But Meghan got in his head, convinced him that he could be a great humanitarian (while making lots of lovely money) and he threw it all away. He looks completely out of his depth in the USA, yammering on about mental health and the environment, in speeches clearly written by his wife.

What a fool - he had the perfect (for him) life and he threw it away, all for pussy.

by Anonymousreply 198September 25, 2024 12:22 AM

[Quote] Meghan would do Disney nature voiceovers and make packed lunches for deprived kids and do stuff with the UN.

What a coinkidink! I pretend to do stuff for Canada and now I'm shilling for a job in the UN on Colbert because my ass is circling the drain like yours! I'll be sure to drop you line, we can fake-fight climate change together n' stuff!

by Anonymousreply 199September 25, 2024 1:27 AM

That he signed up with Sunshine Sachs in 2017 (at the time he got engaged to MM) says it all to me.

And what a famewhore, waiting around for a photo op with Richard Marx the other day!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200September 25, 2024 1:29 AM

R200, if Harry had signed up with Meghan's agency before he met her, then that would indeed suggest he had strange plans even before she entered his life. The fact he signed up after meeting her suggests her influence at work on him. In any case, him being on the Sunshine Sachs client roster still fits with his half in, half out plans. It's not as though Sunshine Sachs actually started doing anything for them until after they left the UK.

by Anonymousreply 201September 25, 2024 9:35 AM

If Harry had a brain and just a modicum of ability, he could have done something like his Uncle Edward, who followed his own personal dreams for a while. He worked for a theatre production company, then set up his own TV and film production company. He married a "commoner" who had her own career and was torn to shreds by the tabloids on her entry into the royal family (unlike Meghan, who was welcomed by the media). Edward also used to get awful press coverage. But they just let it roll over them and now they are two of the most loved and respected working royals who have their own interests that they highlight. And - unlike Harry - Edward didn't insist that his kids be called princess and prince, even though (unlike Harry's kids) they were entitled to it from birth.

The trouble with Harry is he wants to be special. He doesn't want to just do some "normal" stuff with his life for a while. Instead, he wants to be seen by everyone as royal and to be treated as royal everywhere he goes, even while he trashes the royal family. He has some weird idea that when he speaks everyone should listen and be amazed by what he says. He forgets that being royal is about the job, not about the individual.

by Anonymousreply 202September 25, 2024 9:49 AM

He signed up to SS before they got married, well before her pregnancy which she said made her suicidal - a situation he said nobody in The Firm helped them with. Even though he admitted he didn't tell any members of his family she wasn't well.

by Anonymousreply 203September 25, 2024 10:22 AM

[quote]He'd also have hated the fact that his parents were trying to create a distinction between the two boys - William more resilient and intelligent, Harry with a hint of the dim about him, less high-achieving and in need of some toughening up.

Diana told the press "Academically, William takes after his father, thank goodness. Harry is an airhead like me." So he didn't have to make an inference that she was drawing that distinction.

R188, Anne didn't go to Gordonstoun because she didn't need toughening up!

by Anonymousreply 204September 25, 2024 10:40 AM

I thought she had also said he was thick like her. She did incredible damage by letting Morton publish her account of Charles wanting a daughter for a second child. Not a son who was a ginger.

She arranged for some of the 90s supermodels to meet William because he had crushes on them, and also had one of his birthday cakes made to look like breasts once he reached puberty. Between things like that and confiding in William, Harry seems to have been left out.

Except for her telling him to shut up.

by Anonymousreply 205September 25, 2024 10:50 AM

I always wondered whether Charles's remark about Harry being a ginger was because he had suspicions about James Hewett. The Spencers do have redheads in the family, but if Hewett was around, even if Diana hadn't yet slept with him, Charles would still have had every right to be suspicious. Or to use it to insult her.

by Anonymousreply 206September 25, 2024 10:55 AM

Hewitt was not around. He did not meet Diana until after Harry was born.

The Spencers are a family of gingers.

by Anonymousreply 207September 25, 2024 11:00 AM

Megz forcing staff to sing her praises.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208September 25, 2024 11:59 AM

Harry was ticked off because he could not pass the exams to move up in the army and the Queen refused to strong arm the army into advancing him in rank without merit. Instead, the army put him on a desk in London planning parties which was their polite way of motivating him to leave as they did not want to babysit him anymore. His role in the family was to be the 2nd-son army hero. When that didn't pan out, he was embarrassed and angry at his family for not forcing the matter. Thus came Meghan and everything after. All of this has been deliberate. He was going to show them, particularly William, that he was better than them. He cares not one whit about the charities and the causes. It is all about raising his stature and "winning".

by Anonymousreply 209September 25, 2024 12:11 PM

I don't think Harry does want to be seen as special. I think he'd prefer to be either anonymous or, failing that, classically royal - doing the round of engagements, with a heavy focus on the military. What he hated - and what makes him incompatible with classically royal - was the intrusion of the media when he tried to live privately and, odd for a military man, the rules of being royal. I think media is why the children are so strictly shielded. I bet it's the one thing he puts his foot down around at home. I'm not defending the guy. I think he's a jerk and his behaviour since his marriage is indefensible. But I also see a weak and damaged figure whose buttons are easy to spot and easier to push.

I'd bet (a small amount of) money that the later part of his life is spent divorced and living quietly in Africa, protecting animals and he'll probably be content and less trouble.

by Anonymousreply 210September 25, 2024 12:56 PM

Princess Anne's first day at Benenden School, a girls boarding school.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211September 25, 2024 12:58 PM

Charles on his first day at Gordonstoun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212September 25, 2024 1:00 PM

R210, Harry assumes the world should be silent and listen whenever he opens his mouth. Just look at this flurry of activity he is having around the UN General Assembly meeting. He's managed to get himself onto some panels, spouting off about things he has no knowledge of or expertise in. At link he's talking at the Clinton Global Initiative about the harms of social media for kids. Yes, we know social media can be harmful, especially for kids, but he's not saying anything of any substance or giving any credible answers, it's just generic "woe is me, it's all terrible, something must be done!" It's funny how he's all on his own, though, while all the other speakers were on panels, and the Clinton Global Initiative backdrop was quickly turned into an Archwell backdrop. Except, Archewell does nothing in the area of the risks of social media.

The press intrusion as a royal is annoying but it can be dealt with. Just look at how William basically ignores it, whatever pressure the media is putting on him. Harry currently - and unceasingly - is the direct cause of the media's latest bout of royal bullshit, and he could not care less. He has happily defamed his family, doing his utmost to sully their reputation in the public eye and to the media. If he really didn't want media intrusion, then why release a ghostwritten book in which he apparently tells all, even details about his penis? Pretty much every tabloidy story about the royals in the media today is related to Harry and Meghan. If he didn't like the press intrusion, then he went about avoiding it in entirely the wrong way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213September 25, 2024 1:15 PM

I think the body language here says it all.

Harry, as though he's used to it, knows to momentarily wait his turn, while his mother covers William in a massive hug first, then turns her attention, perfunctorily, although she does hug him, to Harry.

I'm a sentimental fool, because I've always, on Harry's behalf, felt a poignancy seeing this.

I blame both King Charles and Diana for avoidable mistakes they made in parenting both boys.

Parents know which one of their children needs a particular type of attention that another child of theirs doesn't. KC and Diana neglected to make sure that Harry would be guided and given particular attention to his emotional, family and social needs because it must have been obvious even then that William was favored and made of tougher stuff than Harry.

And, oh, by the way, one day William will be King, not Harry.

Now, before you all come at me, I'll hasten to add the following.

It's been past time that Harry, although he endured adverse childhood circumstances particular to his unique environment (I'm sure DLer Darfur Orphan wouldn't have minded exploring Harry's circumstances) matures and finally sees his parents for the flawed, yet forgivable people they were.

All of our parents made painful mistakes with us. They still can hurt. But most people mature, and a moment comes in reaching, or in middle age, when the scales fall form their eyes, and looking back, they see that their flawed parents did the best that was possible for them to do.

Harry was wrong to sell-out his family. There is no getting around that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214September 25, 2024 2:54 PM

I love how people think they can become experts on people's private relationships through viewing 3-second videos. The video at r214 could also be interpreted as Harry being less excited to see his mother and not bothering to run up to her in the same way William does. He is not even looking at her as she hugs William but turns to gaze at what's going on off the ship. Perhaps he came "second" here (in some people's view) because he was more interested in what was going on elsewhere than his mum (who was running up arms open wide, about to give one of those suffocating hugs that adults insist on but little kids don't always like). In any case, she still strokes Harry's head lovingly and gives him lots of attention, as does Charles when he arrives a moment later, as can be seen in the longer video. Diana even picks Harry up but he doesn't seem to want it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215September 25, 2024 4:34 PM

Here's another (slightly wobbly) view of Diana and Charles greeting Harry and William on the Britannia in 1991. Diana even picks Harry up to plant a big kiss on his forehead. Anyone seeing any "inferior" treatment of Harry here is deliberately looking for something to complain about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216September 25, 2024 4:38 PM

More former staff are talking, this time to the Daily Beast who say that Meghan had "psycho moments.” The article winks and nods that some of the employees who recently went on record to say Meghan is great, are also the ones talking shit about her to publications.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217September 25, 2024 4:51 PM

r201 He met Markle in 2016 so before he signed with Sunshine Sachs in 2017 .

by Anonymousreply 218September 25, 2024 6:29 PM

Arr sorry r201 misunderstood your post in r218

by Anonymousreply 219September 25, 2024 6:30 PM

I always got the impression that Diana babied Harry and confided in Wills. She was probably more appropriately a parent with Harry.

by Anonymousreply 220September 25, 2024 9:19 PM

The US Weekly piece is the clearest sign yet that Megz is not in touch with reality.

by Anonymousreply 221September 25, 2024 9:52 PM

R213, and when did all that start? After his marriage. His is not the dickhead he's become at heart. He's being played. He's dumb and all feelimng, on his own, but he's not this guy.

by Anonymousreply 222September 25, 2024 11:36 PM

[QUOTE]She is lovely when it is all going her way but a demon when the worm turns.” Another source told The Daily Beast a story of a florist who was “screamed at down the phone” for half an hour after they posted an insignificant detail online about a bouquet they were working on for Meghan (without identifying that Meghan was the client).

She also shits on the little people who, presumably, don't have to sign an NDA. Not too bright. “They vowed never to work with her again, despite the prestige of having her as a client. If you were working for her, you were often treated like a tradesman who could be treated like s--t.”

by Anonymousreply 223September 25, 2024 11:43 PM

People who want to find fault, will.

by Anonymousreply 224September 26, 2024 4:24 AM

Not particularly challenging, R224, when there is so much fault to find.

by Anonymousreply 225September 26, 2024 5:04 AM

[QUOTE]KC and Diana neglected to make sure that Harry would be guided and given particular attention to his emotional, family and social needs

Why do I suspect, if he got such treatment, he'd only be even worse? He'd have the emotional intelligence and nous to keep trying, possibly successfully, to manipulate even better. Some folks just have terrible genetics, regardless of their "aristocracy" teaching them to "Be Best!" like our First Whore.

by Anonymousreply 226September 26, 2024 5:33 AM

All the conflicting stories coming out the last few days are pretty interesting from a PR point of view.

"she's a monster!" "best boss ever" "tantrum queen" "treats us like her children!" (!)

It's almost like a he said she said war of the headlines. He's coming out smelling like roses and she's coming out looking like a demon. One wonders....

by Anonymousreply 227September 26, 2024 7:02 AM

Clara was a stupid girl...

Just like Melania!!!

by Anonymousreply 228September 26, 2024 9:09 AM

Do Arabs or White people keep thinking they're bullshit people?

by Anonymousreply 229September 26, 2024 9:20 AM

I take it you didn"t read excerpts from Harold's vicious memoir last year. He is intractably gormless, the architect of his own downfall, and "is coming out smelling like" sewage.

by Anonymousreply 230September 26, 2024 11:14 AM

Interesting how the Sussex press coverage mirrors that of the Duke and Duchess of Windsor. The same scenario of a beloved Prince Charming ensnared by the sinister foreign (Nazi)!) divorcee. History ultimately showed that the Duchess of Windsor was not as horrible as portrayed and did the UK a favor by marrying the gullible Duke of Windsor and getting him out of the way.

by Anonymousreply 231September 26, 2024 11:22 AM

Both Windsors were at the very least Nazi sympathisers, r231.

Both horrible people. He was a terrible king and accepted being forced out (using Wallis as the excuse) because he thought he would retake the throne once Hitler conquered the UK.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232September 26, 2024 11:39 AM

The quotes from staff in the US Weekly article were clearly written by Meghan. It's the same kind of flourished verbal farts she releases when she speaks. Honestly who is doing her PR? By continually responding, she's just keeping the story active. Go with the old "recollections may vary" and let it rest. Also if Meghan is such an amazing boss, why such high turn around with staff?

by Anonymousreply 233September 26, 2024 1:09 PM

From the Telegraph this morning, in an article speculating on the Sussexes counter strategy:

"Maer Roshan, the Hollywood Reporter’s co-editor-in-chief, said the outlet’s multiple sources include one “very high up” who still works for the couple.

“This notion, since coming to America, that a lot of these rumours were manufactured by the palace… the reporting that we did suggests that probably isn’t true and there is still this undercurrent of fear,” he says."

So basically the calls are coming from inside the house/continent, not Adelaide Cottage or the Queen's boudoir.

by Anonymousreply 234September 26, 2024 1:12 PM

A theory in the Mail from Richard Eden today suggests there is now a conscious splitting of their work efforts and observes how much more relaxed Harry seems when operating solo.

As a matter of interest, they'll be married seven years in May next year. That's less than a year from now. Itchy?

by Anonymousreply 235September 26, 2024 1:17 PM

It's not true that Harold was "relaxed" in New York. He's a sweaty ill-dressed slob who suffers from visible anxiety and dopiness. The wife pulling him around took some of the attention off of his shiny bald head.

by Anonymousreply 236September 26, 2024 1:54 PM

[QUOTE]The report – in a business column billed as “what Hollywood pros are really talking about”

It was supposed to be a minor "business-related article" Lulz.

Honey, disconnect the phone. We're back in, back in, back in the USSR!

by Anonymousreply 237September 26, 2024 4:31 PM

Sorry, link. I don't subscribe and have no problem accessing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238September 26, 2024 4:32 PM

There is a difference between being polite and holding the door for someone and someone rudely demanding you hold the door for them without saying "please" or "thank you."

Unfortunately Harry and Rachel don't realize that. Rachel fancies herself as Martha Stewart, Oprah, Nelson Mandela and Princess Diana combined.

But in reality she is a cheap old slag who got lucky and has spent her whole life gazing into a mirror which she rarely puts down. She is almost exactly the same as Trump.

by Anonymousreply 239September 26, 2024 5:02 PM

Does anyone else think he has gotten quite a bit of alone time of late ? Is he the potential internal source of the hit pieces? Traveling alone to NYC and UK? The birthday wishes from his father and brother . Perhaps something is up?

by Anonymousreply 240September 26, 2024 5:34 PM

From the Telegraph story linked above: The [THR] report – in a business column billed as “what Hollywood pros are really talking about” – went little noticed outside of the industry bubble. It didn’t make the magazine’s own cover.

Little noticed??

Anyway, in the US magazine response, it lists a lot of gifts to staff as proof of how thoughtful and caring Meghan is. Maybe but I worked for someone Meghan-lite and there were always gifts, like how can I be a horrible boss if I gave you this expensive scarf? Manipulation pure and simple.

by Anonymousreply 241September 26, 2024 7:39 PM

Regarding this recent flurry of rebuttals to the THR article...

"The lady doeth protest too much, methinks.

by Anonymousreply 242September 26, 2024 8:23 PM

The Telegraph article @ r238, unpaywalled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243September 26, 2024 10:24 PM

R241, the gift giving is also a way is claiming a kind of ownership and control over the employee, and an attempt to create a false intimacy so the employee remains "loyal".

by Anonymousreply 244September 27, 2024 10:03 AM

>>flourished verbal farts

ROFL. Prefect description of Markle speak.

by Anonymousreply 245September 27, 2024 12:58 PM

[quote]Maer Roshan, the Hollywood Reporter’s co-editor-in-chief, said the outlet’s multiple sources include one “very high up” who still works for the couple.

Way to make Megs completely paranoid, Maer. Good job!

Can you do one for Trump?

by Anonymousreply 246September 27, 2024 1:52 PM

"very high up" -

Ari Emanuel or his minion assigned to the Sussex account. They "work" for the Sussexes.

by Anonymousreply 247September 27, 2024 2:44 PM

Another one bites the dust. Although it's claimed she will still "advise" Harry and Meghan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248October 4, 2024 2:03 AM

The timing is interesting re the THR sources claim. She was also the one who had to drag Megs off the RC recently. Or it could be that they can’t meet the payroll and are cutting back on staff. So many possibilities…

by Anonymousreply 249October 4, 2024 2:19 AM

Oh, another attractive white woman? Bit of a pattern here.

by Anonymousreply 250October 4, 2024 2:25 AM

Well this is strange. The Sunday Times published an article that she was quitting on December 23, 2023.

[quote] Hansen, an American of Iranian heritage, is not leaving Archewell for another role. A source said: “Ashley has been putting the feelers out for doing some freelance work on her own. It hasn’t worked out with Harry and Meghan. She is really good and highly rated by their team — it’s just the clients don’t always listen to the advice.”

by Anonymousreply 251October 4, 2024 3:05 AM

R251 Yeah it was reported back in December but the new revelation is that she has now left Archewell altogether. The original December report was likely an attempt at PR spin to make it look like she was eyeing the door, but who starts their own business when they are thrilled with their present job.

by Anonymousreply 252October 4, 2024 2:24 PM

I loathe Markle, and I get so much pleasure thinking of her reading all the hateful remarks about her and weeping and suffering. I do believe that she reads everything, but I have trouble imagining her suffering, unfortunately. Do you think she suffers or is she bulletproof?

by Anonymousreply 253October 4, 2024 4:41 PM

It is hard to imagine that really top, plugged-in employees will want to apply for work at Archewell. it is kind of a crank employer and I would think any stay there looks like a blot on the resume and like poor judgement to have worked for them.

by Anonymousreply 254October 4, 2024 4:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!