Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Survivor Season 47

Starts Sept. 18.

Link has cast members including: Jon Lovett: As a podcast host, I get to travel the country with Pod Save America and Lovett or Leave It,

Pick your top 3 and winner.

Kyle, Genevieve, Andy.

Winner: Andy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60October 5, 2024 1:35 PM

The one with the ball of yarn on his head for the win.

by Anonymousreply 1September 13, 2024 12:49 AM

Bump for fans. Cast yer votes, gals!

by Anonymousreply 2September 13, 2024 7:22 PM

Will they stop once they get to the 50th season? I've always enjoyed the show but it's definitely not appointment tv anymore.

by Anonymousreply 3September 13, 2024 7:36 PM

OMG! Just found out that damn fugly ass Jon Lovett from Pod Save America is going to be in the newest season of Survivor. It’s a no for me. I don’t want to see him shirtless and he fusses like a damn harpy.

by Anonymousreply 4September 18, 2024 7:00 AM

[quote]Will they stop once they get to the 50th season?

"Survivor" was the #1 entertainment show in the 2023/24 TV season among adults 18-34, A18-49 and A25-54.

It was the first time it won all three demos in a season since its second season in 2000-2001.

It's also relatively cheap to produce. Ratings have to drop precipitously before it's canceled.

by Anonymousreply 5September 18, 2024 11:18 AM

Jon Lovett was funny in his intro -- "I know all my friends and family want to see me suffer"

by Anonymousreply 6September 19, 2024 12:37 AM

Never trust a bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 7September 19, 2024 1:36 AM

How did he even make it through the psych eval?

by Anonymousreply 8September 19, 2024 1:38 AM

Jon go bye-bye.

by Anonymousreply 9September 19, 2024 2:01 AM

Andy even voted Jon out while Jon was trying to save Andy.

The worst cut of it all was they all spelled his name John.

by Anonymousreply 10September 19, 2024 2:11 AM

Jon was the first to go? BWAHAHAHA! I have to watch this now. 😂👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

by Anonymousreply 11September 19, 2024 2:23 AM

Has someone told Ronan Farrow yet? *Snort* 😂

by Anonymousreply 12September 19, 2024 2:24 AM

Of course they gay goes out first.

by Anonymousreply 13September 19, 2024 3:35 AM

Though it looks like Kishan the ER doc is another gay

by Anonymousreply 14September 19, 2024 3:40 AM

Was the older lady, Sue, a contestant before?

by Anonymousreply 15September 19, 2024 3:46 AM

Or a lesbian, R7.

by Anonymousreply 16September 19, 2024 3:50 AM

I thought Jon Lovett was one of the more normal acting people on that tribe, he certainly wasn't abrasive as some or crazy as Andy, I would have liked for him to stay longer but not win.

by Anonymousreply 17September 19, 2024 2:12 PM

This Andy guy has PSYCHO written all over him. I can’t believe they didn’t vote him out. It’s like some sort of Gen Z “nobility in asserting your trauma” thing or something.

by Anonymousreply 18September 19, 2024 8:05 PM

It doesn’t seem like Lovett was really in it to win it. You can tell he has a good life. He doesn’t have anything to prove.

by Anonymousreply 19September 19, 2024 8:11 PM

After all these seasons I still get fooled thinking they will vote out the crybaby first.

by Anonymousreply 20September 20, 2024 2:40 PM

When I heard Jon was going to be on the show, I rolled my eyes pretty hard. But it was a huge mistake to vote him out instead of basket case Andy.

I hate how this show has turned into a tedious fetch quest. So many segments are devoted to a player running around the jungle to look for an advantage and once it's found, the show spends five minutes or more explaining how the advantage works. It's bad TV.

by Anonymousreply 21September 22, 2024 11:47 PM

Refresh my memory but did they have hidden immunity idols and advantages in the first season? If not, I would appreciate one or two seasons at least where there are no hidden immunity idols or advantages. Just play the damn game like they did the first season.

by Anonymousreply 22September 22, 2024 11:53 PM

[quote] I hate how this show has turned into a tedious fetch quest.

Almost word for word what my partner said. Youse and me would get along.

by Anonymousreply 23September 22, 2024 11:59 PM

It was such a tedious fetch quest that even the guy on the quest was like, “I’m good. I don’t want a better advantage.”

by Anonymousreply 24September 23, 2024 12:18 AM

[quote]did they have hidden immunity idols and advantages in the first season?

Nope. Just a naked gay guy.

by Anonymousreply 25September 23, 2024 12:58 AM

That show is still on? I couldn't make it through the first season.

by Anonymousreply 26September 23, 2024 1:17 AM

A fat, ugly, naked gay guy, r25.

by Anonymousreply 27September 23, 2024 1:24 AM

And that fat ugly naked gay guy still roams the streets of Providence and the rest of RI with his 'do you know who I am?' attitude in public places. Good ol' Richard Hatch.

by Anonymousreply 28September 23, 2024 1:48 AM

I’m still baffled as to why Lovett wanted to go on this show other than wanting a forced break from his job during a grueling political year. He didn’t want or need to win badly enough so he didn’t even try to fight for it.

Andy is certifiable, I don’t know how he made it past a basic psych evaluation for casting.

by Anonymousreply 29September 24, 2024 2:11 AM

R29

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30September 24, 2024 2:35 AM

I wasn’t going to watch because of that damn Jon Lovett but since I keep hearing about this crazy ass Andy, I think I need to check this season out especially since Ronan Farrell’s ex got kicked off the first week.

by Anonymousreply 31September 24, 2024 3:41 AM

Jesus! Andy’s definitely giving nutty energy.

by Anonymousreply 32September 24, 2024 10:32 AM

I never really care much for Jon Lovett, but I really believe it wasn’t fair what happened to him. The tribe should have definitely got rid of Andy’s crazy ass. They shouldn’t have felt for his bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 33September 24, 2024 10:42 AM

[quote]Of course they gay goes out first.

Yeah, he’s not gay.

by Anonymousreply 34September 24, 2024 2:32 PM

I haven’t watched since (had to look it up) Survivor 19 , wow had no idea I watched that many seasons. Anyway the season with that very creepy guy Russell and then he was cast again in the next season? Nope.

by Anonymousreply 35September 24, 2024 5:57 PM

I love this from the Vulture recap because it’s very true:

[italics] When Sandra Diaz-Twine was on Australian Survivor she said that the immunity challenges at the group stage of the game don’t matter and she is the queen for a reason. Whether or not one tribe wins over another is often down to dumb luck so you should always keep the players that are good for your game not those good for the challenges. Kenzie was on a losing team all of last year and she went on to win the whole damn thing. This was a stupid move because Jon, while not strong, could have been a good ally. He seemed smart, good with people, and possibly able to convince others to do what he wants. Instead, they kept Andy, who can’t be trusted to put on a pair of elastic-waisted pants correctly. They can’t play with this guy who would give them up as soon as there’s a tribe swap, might give all their secrets away on a journey, or otherwise blow up their game with his erratic behavior. If this game is about building a community, as Jeff repeatedly told us, it looks like Gata is going to be a community of morons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36September 25, 2024 7:21 AM

Jon just didn’t have any game face. Whatever you think of him, whenever he opened his mouth they could tell he was far more intelligent, experienced and insightful than they were and that set flags off. He was never going to go far in the game and that was written all over his face too.

by Anonymousreply 37September 25, 2024 10:33 AM

A contestant from Survivor Thailand (2002) was just convicted of child cruelty. John Raymond ran a Christian school in Louisiana and abused students. He said corporal punishment is in line with Biblical education.

He was the first one voted off. I don’t remember him but apparently he was very off-putting. “His luxury item was a Christian flag”, so yep off-putting. The vote was nearly unanimous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38September 25, 2024 6:16 PM

Jeff Probst "Everyone thinks they would be a great player"

Oh hell no they don't, I don't. You would have to promise I would win the million and I am still not sure I would do it.

by Anonymousreply 39September 26, 2024 12:17 AM

I’m kind of getting a crush on Kyle.

by Anonymousreply 40September 26, 2024 3:23 AM

I’m convinced that the producers tell some contestants, if not all of them, where the hidden immunity idols are. I just don’t believe how easily some find these idols like the way Andy found his tonight.

by Anonymousreply 41September 26, 2024 5:50 AM

Great blindside. TK would’ve been an issue with his arrogant ass. Great to see a team actually vote out someone who could be an issue. Too bad Andy’s team didn’t see it that way.

by Anonymousreply 42September 26, 2024 6:44 AM

[quote] I just don’t believe how easily some find these idols like the way Andy found his tonight.

I have seen interviews with contestants that tell us they spend hours and hours looking for idols, but lets face it do we really want for Survivor to show us even 15 minutes of people looking and finding nothing, I sure don't. It only seems easy because they pretty much only show us when people find them.

by Anonymousreply 43September 26, 2024 7:27 PM

Nothing is "survivalist" on this show anymore. It's all about looking for idols and maintaining crappy alliances, where twists will ensure bullshit outcomes. I want to see these people puking, starving, cutting themselves and shivering during downpours.

by Anonymousreply 44September 26, 2024 8:36 PM

I thought it was hilarious that the cute yet somewhat obnoxious sportswriter found and swipe the special advantage clue that Nutty Andy had hidden to retrieve later. 😂

by Anonymousreply 45September 26, 2024 9:41 PM

r41 Several former castaways said you can tell when you are close to finding an idol because the cameras follow you more closely. Kind of like playing "Hot & Cold".

by Anonymousreply 46September 26, 2024 10:58 PM

Jon did have trouble playing dumb…he should have gone the other way and embraced pitching himself as smart and thus helpful to his team. I believe that his crucial mistake was not volunteering to do the final puzzle…that would have been child’s play to him, he has a math degree. Oh well!

I liked TK at first but he is a bad loser. Sue is my fave of the season so far.

by Anonymousreply 47September 27, 2024 4:26 PM

TK made the common mistake of thinking that winning challenges and 'hating losing' made you popular.

by Anonymousreply 48September 27, 2024 4:47 PM

[quote]Refresh my memory but did they have hidden immunity idols and advantages in the first season?

The Hidden Immunity Idol made its first appearance in the 11th season, [italic]Survivor: Guatemala[/italic]. Though there have been numerous twists on the way it works, we've been stuck with it ever since.

Non-Immunity Advantages (such as Extra Vote, Steal-A-Vote or the Idol Nullifier) began appearing around season 30.

The latest wrinkle, the "Beware" Advantage, first appeared in season 41. It usually has some connection with the Hidden Immunity Idol, as is the case in the current season.

by Anonymousreply 49September 27, 2024 6:09 PM

R44, if you want to check out a survivalist show that's like Survivor on steroids, check out Netflix's "Outlast." Some of those people take cut-throat to the next level though. Kinda scary people.

by Anonymousreply 50September 28, 2024 12:46 AM

There was a funny story when Bob (forget the season but he won) rigged up his own immunity idol and got someone to play it. Jeff just threw it on the fire.

by Anonymousreply 51September 28, 2024 12:55 AM

These Zillennial contestants are awful and weak! It was hilarious seeing their boats tip over though.

by Anonymousreply 52September 28, 2024 8:24 AM

I knew they didn’t have hidden immunity idols in the first season, but I thought they came earlier than season 11! That’s wild..they seem like they’ve been around almost forever. It’s fun watching them get played sometimes, but the searching and hoping for them gets old.

by Anonymousreply 53September 28, 2024 10:06 AM

It's early in the season, but this cast has to be the most generic ever.

What's with Sue's face? She looks like she's had a bad facelift.

by Anonymousreply 54September 29, 2024 11:33 PM

They need to get rid of a woman next. I don't wanna watch a vag fest.

by Anonymousreply 55September 29, 2024 11:39 PM

R45 Sam has big sizemeat. It's the only reason I'm watching this season.

by Anonymousreply 56October 4, 2024 11:50 PM

I looked up Sue’s age and was shocked to see she’s the same age as I am - 59. She looks like shit. Between the age spots, the plumped lips and her face pulled as tight as a snare drum she’s aged herself at least 10 years. Clearly all the time she’s spent in the sun (based on her tan) hasn’t helped.

by Anonymousreply 57October 5, 2024 12:58 AM

^What? Nothing about her oversized implants?

by Anonymousreply 58October 5, 2024 1:09 AM

I hope Rome’s ugly ass gets eliminated soon. What an annoying punk.

by Anonymousreply 59October 5, 2024 1:38 AM

[quote] Sam has big sizemeat. It's the only reason I'm watching this season.

I am sort of crushing on Kyle, I thought he was going to be toast if they went to Tribal Council this week, Sue has it out for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60October 5, 2024 1:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!