Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kate Lied About Her Health

Take it with a grain of salt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305September 25, 2024 5:58 AM

You get your news from yahoo? Are we supposed to take you seriously?

by Anonymousreply 1September 12, 2024 9:56 PM

I don't know what to make of this other than to say it's now a different source, NewsNation. I am not American so I know nothing about them but they're not the first outlet to cite sources who have said this. It also lines up with the rather ominous phrasing of her most recent announcement. I feel very badly for them both and I hope this isn't true.

by Anonymousreply 2September 12, 2024 9:58 PM

I think NewsNation is center-left, r2.

by Anonymousreply 3September 12, 2024 10:02 PM

R3, NewsNation is both a site and a cable channel, and is a would-be Fox News. It’s just there for the clicks. No “insider” would be making revelations about the health of members of the RF. There’s no upside to backstabbing like that.

by Anonymousreply 4September 12, 2024 10:06 PM

She didn't lie. She gave an update of her condition. One never knows about cancer. You sound said that she hasn't gone dust to dust yet. What is wrong with you?

by Anonymousreply 5September 12, 2024 10:06 PM

R4 I think you’re thinking of Newsmax.

by Anonymousreply 6September 12, 2024 10:15 PM

Who are the eligible ladies in waiting? Is there a comparable gentleman in waiting list for the Rottweiler?

by Anonymousreply 7September 12, 2024 10:31 PM

`NewsNation is sort of an odd network trying to find its niche. Paula Froelich usually has reliable sources (she’s ex-Page Six reporter).

by Anonymousreply 8September 12, 2024 10:35 PM

I know the royal family isn't that well like here but I've always been fascinated by them. It's my adjacent hobby. I keep it to myself though LOL but I think they'll both be dead within a year.

by Anonymousreply 9September 12, 2024 10:40 PM

Why would they lie and say she is cancer free when she isn't? The smart move (and their PR people are smart) is just to not say anything at all.

Sure, lie to the kids if necessary, but not the whole world.

by Anonymousreply 10September 12, 2024 10:43 PM

Cancer always wins in the end.

by Anonymousreply 11September 12, 2024 10:47 PM

Princess Kate is fine, she sends her love.

by Anonymousreply 12September 12, 2024 10:55 PM

I believe it. That colon cancer is no joke. Godspeed. She is so young and pretty.

by Anonymousreply 13September 12, 2024 11:00 PM

If Kate dies of colon cancer, maybe they'll look into why so many young people are getting it

by Anonymousreply 14September 12, 2024 11:14 PM

R13 R14 Has it ever been confirmed by the Palace as colon cancer? I remember it being reported as an abdominal cancer, and from that I also suspected colon. But not sure if it's ever been confirmed.

by Anonymousreply 15September 12, 2024 11:18 PM

I thought the video was tentative. Obv it’s too soon to declare cancer-free, isn’t that after 5 years? but this video seemed wistful.

by Anonymousreply 16September 12, 2024 11:37 PM

I don't think it was colon cancer. I have been told colon cancer, when found early is highly treatable. But it's possible Katherine had ovarian cancer. And they had to remove a lot of stuff. Maybe they removed uterus, ovaries and possibly even lymph system the way they did when my cousin got breast cancer about 15 years ago. They did the double mastectomy then took out everything when they discovered more cancer. Let's not forget t hat Katherine was in the hospital post surgery for quite a while.

by Anonymousreply 17September 12, 2024 11:37 PM

[Quote] If Kate dies of colon cancer, maybe they'll look into why so many young people are getting it

Jesus wept. 🤦🏻‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 18September 12, 2024 11:41 PM

[quote] NewsNation is both a site and a cable channel, and is a would-be Fox News.

That’s Newsmax, hon. Dan Abrams is behind NewsNation.

by Anonymousreply 19September 12, 2024 11:42 PM

R19 right.

by Anonymousreply 20September 12, 2024 11:43 PM

More ghouls just itching for a royal funeral and mass mourning on the streets - the kiddies are just the right age, too.

Some of you people are fucking sick.

by Anonymousreply 21September 12, 2024 11:48 PM

I’ve heard it was HPV-related cervical cancer. But I’m not sure, it’s just word of mouth Klan Granny DL speculations.

by Anonymousreply 22September 12, 2024 11:49 PM

Hi KGT!

by Anonymousreply 23September 12, 2024 11:53 PM

CATHERINE. Her name is Catherine. She is called Catherine. You fucking retarded hillbilly 'Muricanz.

by Anonymousreply 24September 13, 2024 12:00 AM

Same hillbillies who called Elizabeth Taylor LIZ, which she hated, and called Princess Diana and Prince Charles DI and CHUCK.

by Anonymousreply 25September 13, 2024 12:03 AM

If we want to call her "Kate", we'll call her "Kate", R24.

Strange thing to get worked up about.

by Anonymousreply 26September 13, 2024 12:06 AM

Tosh ! The next QUEEN can not lie. We leave that to the Yank wog creature.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27September 13, 2024 12:06 AM

It's a bit confusing. It's hard to take "cancer free" as meaning anything other than nothing at all showed up on the scan. She didn't just say she was doing well or something similar. She said cancer free. Would they lie to that extent?

by Anonymousreply 28September 13, 2024 12:15 AM

If I were Charles, I would be so bitter.

Your only purpose in life is to be king when your mother dies. Dad lives into his mid-90s. Grandmother lives past 100. Mom is like the Eveready Bunny and just keeps going and going into her mid-90s. Finally, you're in your 70s, but looks like you'll have one of the shortest reigns in the past 500 years or more.

by Anonymousreply 29September 13, 2024 12:15 AM

Paula Froelich has serious connections, as R8 said — she reported for Page Six forever.

by Anonymousreply 30September 13, 2024 12:17 AM

R27 What language are you trying to speak?

by Anonymousreply 31September 13, 2024 12:18 AM

So there's going to be a vacancy?

by Anonymousreply 32September 13, 2024 12:19 AM

R24: "'Muricanz"

huh?

by Anonymousreply 33September 13, 2024 12:20 AM

As someone who’s helped multiple family members and friends through cancer treatment, I did think it was rather odd how she’d be able to come out and say she’s cancer free this soon.

What a shame for that poor woman and her children if this is true.

by Anonymousreply 34September 13, 2024 12:23 AM

I never thought I'd ever say this but ... R27 : Go home, Boris - you're drunk.

by Anonymousreply 35September 13, 2024 12:26 AM

She said she was going to do her best to stay cancer-free. I thought that was an odd way to word it, but it’s hard to mistake the meaning.

by Anonymousreply 36September 13, 2024 12:30 AM

It's definitely a weird way to word it, r36, but it would still simply cancer free at this point. Would anyone say I'm going to do my best to stay thin if they're fat? OK, whores on DL would, but I mean the regular folks...

by Anonymousreply 37September 13, 2024 12:34 AM

R36, of course it was deliberately phrased. No matter how optimistic the outlook is, she can't announce that she's perfectly healthy. Five years have to pass before your doctors will give you a clean bill of health. I assume that she's said this so she can return to her normal activities without people looking at her and thinking, "oh, poor dear, you're going to die, that's so creepy."

by Anonymousreply 38September 13, 2024 12:39 AM

Like most of the people on this thread, R38.

by Anonymousreply 39September 13, 2024 12:51 AM

So long as she promptly resumes her normal public activities, I think everything will be fine. If we don’t start seeing her again soon, The Firm will have a problem.

by Anonymousreply 40September 13, 2024 12:51 AM

Quick question. And I don’t mean to jinx the Royals. But if somehow Prince William were to die after King Charles, so at that point he would basically be dying as King who becomes King or Queen. Does Queen consort Kate become Queen or does Willliam’s oldest or does Harry become King.

by Anonymousreply 41September 13, 2024 1:07 AM

George would become King.

by Anonymousreply 42September 13, 2024 1:08 AM

George would be King. If he's under 18 Kate would act as his regent. Harry will never be King.

by Anonymousreply 43September 13, 2024 1:10 AM

[quote] If Kate dies of colon cancer, maybe they'll look into why so many young people are getting it

Socially, I know of three deaths in the last 5 years -- all 42 or younger. They don't even encourage screening until 50.

by Anonymousreply 44September 13, 2024 1:20 AM

R44 It is the either too much processed food or younger people on average are drinking heavier amounts.

by Anonymousreply 45September 13, 2024 1:23 AM

R26 If we want to call you a faggot we'll call you a faggot. So there. Faggot.

by Anonymousreply 46September 13, 2024 1:28 AM

ITV's Chris Ship seems to imply that Kate has bowel cancer. The slip starts at 2:50.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 13, 2024 1:36 AM

I may never recover from that witty zinger, R46. Never.

by Anonymousreply 48September 13, 2024 1:41 AM

[quote]George would be King. If he's under 18 Kate would act as his regent.

Not true.

[quote]According to the Regency Act of 1937, the person who becomes regent if the king is underage is the next person in line to the throne who is over the age of 21, or 18 if they are the heir apparent.

It would, in fact, be Harry as he is the next person in the succession who is older than 21. Kate may his legal guardian, but she wouldn't be regent unless they change the law.

by Anonymousreply 49September 13, 2024 1:58 AM

^^^Or, if Harry is not in the UK, Andrew becomes regent, then Beatrice.

by Anonymousreply 50September 13, 2024 1:59 AM

There will have been steps taken to ensure neither of those disasters would be up for the job.

by Anonymousreply 51September 13, 2024 2:02 AM

R31 yours hun. Colin-Campbellese.😂

by Anonymousreply 52September 13, 2024 2:04 AM

R46 Deranged Royalass Cult Cunt triggered.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53September 13, 2024 2:10 AM

Hi KGT!

by Anonymousreply 54September 13, 2024 2:13 AM

[quote] “(Kate) is not in remission and not cancer-free,” my insider said. “She’s not in good shape at all… it’s going to be a tough road ahead for both her and Charles. I had thought Charles was more treatable but both of them are not well.”

[quote]The concern is “one of them won’t live very long” and “plans need to be in place.”

This anonymous source claims to be privy to the most sensitive health concerns of the royal family... and yet, despite their anonymity, for some reason cannot reveal what kinds of cancer the King and the Princess are facing ,nor which is the one not expected to live very long.

I call bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 55September 13, 2024 2:23 AM

Good Lord, r46. Even I am embarrassed for you.

by Anonymousreply 56September 13, 2024 2:29 AM

Cancer free is such a loaded term, I’m surprised they used it. I assume it basically means that her latest scans showed no sign of cancer, so she’s okay to stop chemo for now. William’s comment at an event the next day “there is a long way to go” is more concerning. I assume whatever cancer she has, there is a high chance of reoccurrence and they’ll be living with a ticking time bomb for the next few years.

by Anonymousreply 57September 13, 2024 2:39 AM

[quote] It is the either too much processed food or younger people on average are drinking heavier amounts

Maybe it's all the cigarettes she smoked, back in her clubbing days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58September 13, 2024 2:41 AM

Cancer patient here. There are things you can do to lower the risk of cancer as well as things that increase the risk. Hence, Catherine's comment about doing your best to stay cancer free. Being at normal weight, which Catherine certainly is, and doing daily weight and strength training will reduce your risk by 60 percent. Colon cancer patients are told that eating meat, particularly processed meat and drinking alcohol will increase your risk by 20 percent each. Some fringe doctors recommend giving up sugar because it's associated with inflammation. Smoking, of course, is not a good idea. Also, minimizing stress and things that cayse cortisol spikes can be damaging. I am following all these recommendations. To friends who wonder whether I miss steaks or bacon. I reply that I'd rather increase my chances of survival.

I think the article is disgusting even if it's true, which I doubt. They know the RF will never reply to trash like this.

by Anonymousreply 59September 13, 2024 2:44 AM

Correction: Minimizing cortisol spikes is a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 60September 13, 2024 2:45 AM

[quote] I think the article is disgusting even if it's true, which I doubt

News Nation is a legitimate American news source.

They would never run a story like this, without it being accurate.

by Anonymousreply 61September 13, 2024 2:46 AM

What is that crown she’s wearing at OP?

I love it!

by Anonymousreply 62September 13, 2024 2:51 AM

You can tell Kate is still sick from that new video which has an elegiac quality. She's wearing a wig and looks insubstantial and exhausted.

by Anonymousreply 63September 13, 2024 3:10 AM

Love R58’s pic of her. She looks fun. There.

by Anonymousreply 64September 13, 2024 3:12 AM

Liars get cancer

by Anonymousreply 65September 13, 2024 3:28 AM

All that can be factchecked is that her sources actually said this, not that it's true.

by Anonymousreply 66September 13, 2024 3:36 AM

Cancer patient here

R59 That makes you malignant royalty !

by Anonymousreply 67September 13, 2024 3:36 AM

Leave Kate alone and at peace while she resumes her full and perfect health.

Karma, y'all.

by Anonymousreply 68September 13, 2024 3:40 AM

[quote]What is that crown she’s wearing at OP?

Oh, [italic]dear.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 69September 13, 2024 3:42 AM

The woman has not lied about having cancer, but she has, or someone has forced her to, lie about everything surrounding the cancer. Of course, everyone will excuse the behavior by playing the she is the mother of young children card, which is nonsense and apparently is the gets you out of everything card.

Cancer sucks, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. She does not have to discuss it or give details, but someone in her position with her platform and popularity could have used this as way to educate and inform, especially with the rise in colon cancer in people under 50. Hell, she could have provided support to others with cancer and cancer survivors just by putting a face on the horrors of what she has to deal with.

People continue to speculate because they have chosen to put out overly-produced schmaltz. Now, the speculation that she is worse off, despite what she may have said in her Hallmark Movie video, stalks them. They could have chosen a different path but didn't. But, she's the mother of small children - all is forgiven.

by Anonymousreply 70September 13, 2024 3:48 AM

Kate and Harry dancing in Ibiza, back in the good old days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71September 13, 2024 3:54 AM

It's too bad what happened between Harry and William, because Harry and Kate really seemed to like each other.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72September 13, 2024 3:56 AM

That’s neither Harry nor Ibiza, R71 KGT.

Maybe stick to the subjects that you know best : meth, Polish vodka, boxed wine and your mommie’s sofa, where you have been living for ten years.

by Anonymousreply 73September 13, 2024 4:00 AM

Her children would see or hear any detailed information she puts out about her health, which if serious, would scare her children.

The average child only has to hear about or discuss mommy's cancer at home and within the family.

Catherine's children will hear about their mother's diagnosis and prognosis on tv, on the internet, at school, at their sports activities, in shops, newspaper headlines, when they go out to get an ice cream cone or pizza, etc. etc.

If they are covering up something very serious, it's to protect their children and not scare the shit out of them so the children can go about their lives as normally as possible., They are not holding back on information to pull some big scam on the public. If the public needs educated on colon cancer or whatever type of cancer she has, there are plenty of other resources besides Catherine.

by Anonymousreply 74September 13, 2024 4:04 AM

You might very well think so, OP. I couldn’t possibly comment.

by Anonymousreply 75September 13, 2024 4:11 AM

The public (or the small percentage of it who insist on knowing every detail of the PoW’s health) are just desperate for her to die as they missed out on the Diana death madness in 1997 and now are determined to play their part in a big emotional “Goodbye England’s Rose MkII” sad kiddies, mountains of flowers, sobbing on The Mall orgy of mourning.

These are pathetic people with no lives and there seem to be quite a few who have wandered over to the DL.

by Anonymousreply 76September 13, 2024 4:11 AM

[quote] Finally, you're in your 70s, but looks like you'll have one of the shortest reigns in the past 500 years or more.

Boo hoo hoo

by Anonymousreply 77September 13, 2024 4:35 AM

[quote] overly-produced schmaltz

Yup, that's what it was.

[quote] The average child only has to hear about or discuss mommy's cancer at home and within the family.... If they are covering up something very serious, it's to protect their children and not scare the shit out of them

I think there's a way they could have told the truth or at least provided something that wasn't so obviously watered-down. There's a way to tell children about parents being ill, etc. If you lie, you hurt them more, in the long run.

by Anonymousreply 78September 13, 2024 4:49 AM

Is it really that hard to understand why they don't want to announce the future Queen has bum cancer?

by Anonymousreply 79September 13, 2024 4:56 AM

"What is that crown she’s wearing at OP?" R62?

It's called a tiara, you clot. I could attempt to explain its worth and provenance to you but I assume that you are used to the plastic versions which get handed out at the Miss Teen USA pageant.

Best not to waste my time or yours.

by Anonymousreply 80September 13, 2024 5:40 AM

Interesting at R47 where the royal reporters have been explicitly told not to say Kate is cancer free or to say she is in remission.

This is weird. They could have easily put out a statement saying that the chemo treatment was over and now they need to wait for follow up tests. There was no need for a video.

There's always the chance the video is purely for PR, but it could also be one of those desperate things sick people do to convince themselves they are going to be okay.

by Anonymousreply 81September 13, 2024 5:56 AM

Same as me. Butt hole cancer

by Anonymousreply 82September 13, 2024 5:58 AM

It’s pretty obvious lies have been told, but it’s hard to say exactly what they were.

Generally, you can be both. private and honest but she is in a unique spot and, yes, she is entitled to lie to buy herself some time to make memories with her kids and protect them. The kids may have received a fairly truthful explanation, but that doesn’t mean they should have to endure the weird public spectacles and schlock that would probably follow a terminal announcement. I’m imagining crowds weeping at some palace gate wearing black armbands and “2024 - Kate’s last year “ commemorative plates. R76’s examples, too.

The dropping out of sight and doctored photo were very strange. I was sort of hoping that the weird Houston story was true because it would explain both those things (and maybe be effective).

I hope R80 is just ribbing R62 but I’m not sure.

by Anonymousreply 83September 13, 2024 6:00 AM

R82 and we know how the slag got it..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84September 13, 2024 6:02 AM

I'll ask again, as I continue to ask on these threads, getting no response - why do any of you need to know? Surely one of the people on these threads is able to articulate why they have a specific need to know what cancer she has and what her prognosis is.

Does it make you uncomfortable to admit to basic prurience and ghoulishness?

The silence is deafening.

by Anonymousreply 85September 13, 2024 6:03 AM

Hi Kgt R84!

I see that you are dipping into the shallow well of your paid-for memes - surely it's time to invest in some new ones? Once your next welfare payment comes in, of course.

by Anonymousreply 86September 13, 2024 6:05 AM

What is it about her that sends you into such an apoplectic frenzy, KGT R84? Is it because she is rich, white, attractive, educated, intelligent and loved?

None of which apply to you? You'd better go lie down on mommie's sofa bed. You sound even more unhinged than usual.

by Anonymousreply 87September 13, 2024 6:09 AM

R27, UK here.

Anyone from the UK would know that “wo*” is considered hate speech, and no decent person would use it.

by Anonymousreply 88September 13, 2024 6:16 AM

[quote]Does it make you uncomfortable to admit to basic prurience and ghoulishness?

Why should it make someone uncomfortable? Quite a lot of research has been done on why people gossip, and while a range of reasons have been postulated, one this is clear - we all gossip, and we have always gossiped. It's a natural human thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 89September 13, 2024 6:32 AM

[quote]R13 Godspeed. She is so young and pretty.

Kate Middleton’s a middle aged mother of three. That’s not young.

by Anonymousreply 90September 13, 2024 6:35 AM

You people are all insane. Find something else to do.

by Anonymousreply 91September 13, 2024 6:50 AM

Thanks R89, you sound slightly switched on - perhaps you can explain to me why you and your ilk need to know the type of cancer the Princess of Wales has and what her prognosis is.

It’s really a simple question.

by Anonymousreply 92September 13, 2024 6:56 AM

Great, R89 - as you’re not uncomfortable to admitting to basic prurience and ghoulishness - why do you do it? What’s in it for you? Why do you, personally, need to know?

by Anonymousreply 93September 13, 2024 7:00 AM

R62,

The tiara queens will mock you for not knowing. Be prepared.

by Anonymousreply 94September 13, 2024 7:13 AM

R92 and R93 - I've never said I "need" to know. I'm saying that it is human nature in these instances to be curious about these things. It is a natural human response if something is held back from you to be curious as to what that is. It's like if a coworker tells you their neighbor has been diagnosed with cancer you would wonder what kind and how bad it will be. Perhaps it relates to our own deep seated fears of being diagnosed with a terminal illness?

I don't really understand why you are worrying about this. If I happened to be seated at a posh restaurant and Kate is at the next table I'm not going to loudly wonder what cancer she has or if she's going to die. This is a gossip board. I'm bored and wasting time speculating on the internet. I doubt she'll read this thread.

by Anonymousreply 95September 13, 2024 7:20 AM

Who the heck is KGT?

by Anonymousreply 96September 13, 2024 7:30 AM

The problem is that disclosing the type of cancer will trigger a tsunami of speculation about her prognosis which is pretty much the last thing anyone with cancer wants to hear about. As a cancer survivor it really sucks hearing people say things like 'My mom died from the same cancer you have'.

by Anonymousreply 97September 13, 2024 7:48 AM

R58 of all the trolls on the Kate and William threads you are the saddest.

Why is it so shocking to you that somebody once smoked when they were young?

by Anonymousreply 98September 13, 2024 7:51 AM

R58 is the Klan Grannie Troll (FYI R96] - an unhinged meth-addicted alcoholic troll who calls everyone a CUNT (note use of caps) and is obsessed with the Princess of Wales and Meghan Markle. It goes on meth binges, insults most people, sees racism where there isn’t any, gets kicked off Datalounge then returns in a new sock puppet- it has many - and it all starts over.

Best dispatched with the FF button.

by Anonymousreply 99September 13, 2024 8:44 AM

Princess of Wales is a cursed title.

by Anonymousreply 100September 13, 2024 11:10 AM

They want to know the type of cancer for two reasons. 1) in hopes it's "embarrassing", to make fun of her for what she's enduring and/or 2) to publicly discuss her prognosis and gleefully discuss how soon she'll die.

by Anonymousreply 101September 13, 2024 11:29 AM

I won't eat it, but I'll bell that cat, r93:

Since Time Immemorial the hoi-polloi have been, shall we say, interested in the travails of the rich and powerful, those socially "above" them, the privileged. Yes, sometimes with ghoulish glee, especially when it came or comes to those who sit on thrones. Like the Universe's way of levelling the playing field.

Satisfied now?

by Anonymousreply 102September 13, 2024 11:56 AM

R102 DL 'royalty"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103September 13, 2024 12:04 PM

Charles and Camilla are going to Australia and Samoa next month, so I guess he's well enough for what seems like a very busy agenda on the other side of the world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104September 13, 2024 12:07 PM

R29 When the short reign is because you're dying, I think you would probably think more about being upset you're dying and not much about being bitter your reign will be short.

by Anonymousreply 105September 13, 2024 12:13 PM

I can’t believe anyone is gossiping on a gossip board about Kate and asking everyone why they want to gossip about Kate.

Hon, your posts are gossip too.

by Anonymousreply 106September 13, 2024 12:52 PM

My own sources (no kidding) have said that Charles has done better than they expected and a course of ongoing, targeted treatment and now seems likely to live years longer than their original fears.

About Catherine it's been said that all she has done is announce the end of chemo. Anyone listening carefully will know that she is not claiming a cure or anything else like that. She also is expected to continue to improve and regain her strength. The video she is receiving criticism for (too slick, overdone) was made with the children in mind as much as setting a tone intended to set their future approach to their roles. The children will have it later in life and it will mean something to them.

by Anonymousreply 107September 13, 2024 1:03 PM

[Quote] You fucking retarded hillbilly 'Muricanz.

You should be more respectful to your masters, client state denizen.

by Anonymousreply 108September 13, 2024 1:08 PM

She said she is trying to remain cancer free. As pointed out, that's a pretty odd statement to make so early in the game.

by Anonymousreply 109September 13, 2024 1:08 PM

R109 What she likely meant by that is her treatment is done and her first post-treatment scan came back "clear." Now she is likely waiting 3 to 6 months for her next scan to see if there's any sign of re-occurrence. This is going to be her life for the next 5 years. During this time, particularly for the first year, it's important to try and pace yourself and also keep your stress levels low.

by Anonymousreply 110September 13, 2024 1:15 PM

I think if she were in the monitoring phase she would use phrasing like "hoping for the best", or "taking each day as it comes". Her message suggests she's still got a long road ahead of her.

by Anonymousreply 111September 13, 2024 1:42 PM

R93-you keep using the term “need.” I doubt most people feel they need to know. They are curious because she’s a public figure. That’s it.

by Anonymousreply 112September 13, 2024 1:44 PM

[quote]-you keep using the term “need.” I doubt most people feel they need to know. They are curious because she’s a public figure. That’s it.

Obviously. We don’t NEED to pay any attention to this family at all.

However, they need our attention. Their positions depend on the public’s interest. When you ask the public to pay a great deal of attention to you, you have certain obligations in return.

Otherwise you might as well be part of the Sussexes Worldwide Privacy Tour.

by Anonymousreply 113September 13, 2024 1:51 PM

Only time will tell. There's not point in speculating as no one will ever know but Kate, William and the doctor.

by Anonymousreply 114September 13, 2024 1:52 PM

You read too much DL when your first thought reading R46 is "Did Matt Damon post that?" Then along comes R56 and you go, "There he is."

by Anonymousreply 115September 13, 2024 1:52 PM

On a trip to Wales this week, William commented on the end of Catherine's chemo therapy, saying "It's good news but there is still a long way to go."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116September 13, 2024 2:19 PM

[quote]On a day of engagements in South Wales, The Prince met with a group of schoolchildren and other fans. One royal fan Pauline Thomas, 74, asked him to pass his best wishes to his wife.

[quote]He told her: “It’s good news but there is still a long way to go.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117September 13, 2024 2:21 PM

I can believe that video is for the family and the kids-they got to control the making of a small video from this time so they don’t have to look at someone else’s pastiche down the road. It’s a weird public but private life they lead and I can see why they just decided to make their own small video (I almost wrote infomercial).

by Anonymousreply 118September 13, 2024 2:25 PM

She lives her whole life under the intense scrutiny of people on keyboards in basements. She can’t do right for doing wrong for those people.

by Anonymousreply 119September 13, 2024 2:29 PM

I wouldn't trust anything coming from the press about the Wales. They have been bitter at them for some time because the Wales choose to mostly bypass the traditional rota in favor of controlling their own media, such as releasing this video. This means less $$ for the press. This is why they made such a stink about Kate's photo (but then quickly backed off when the public rightfully asked why other clearly doctored pics of other high profile people never receive such scrutiny). They are also devoid of drama, which gives the press even less to cover.

by Anonymousreply 120September 13, 2024 2:52 PM

When chemo ends, you are weak from months of having that poison injected into you every two weeks. It takes months to get back to your previous level of strength. And no one considers themselves cured because their scan shows no cancer cells. You can relax a little at the five year mark.

by Anonymousreply 121September 13, 2024 2:59 PM

My mother had cancer. Breast cancer. They found it early, they operated, took it out as well as the surrounding tissue, and then she had radiation. At the end, she was "cancer free," But it came back 4 years later. She went through several treatment options, lots of chemo, And then she died.

by Anonymousreply 122September 13, 2024 3:34 PM

Unfortunately that's how it is a lot of the time, r122.

It seems that it's only those of us who've had loved ones die from cancer who can understand what Catherine is saying.

by Anonymousreply 123September 13, 2024 3:39 PM

I'm sorry about your mom, R122.

by Anonymousreply 124September 13, 2024 3:43 PM

[quote]R113 they need our attention. Their positions depend on the public’s interest. When you ask the public to pay a great deal of attention to you, you have certain obligations in return.

Here, hear! Yet they find it so off putting when all we want is simple information: who’s dying when, and why.

by Anonymousreply 125September 13, 2024 4:09 PM

[quote] who’s dying when, and why.

Plus where, how, and of what.

by Anonymousreply 126September 13, 2024 4:19 PM

Simple, clear questions.

by Anonymousreply 127September 13, 2024 4:25 PM

Charles must be in despair of ever recovering because he "bathed" himself in hug from the public at an appearance yesterday. All these young athletes ran over to him and suffocated him with affection. He laughed but in a very manic weepy way.

by Anonymousreply 128September 13, 2024 4:32 PM

Lol at the poster who said the monarchy depends on the public's interest. The monarchy may, but the Windsors would still be eye-wateringly wealthy if the monarchy was abolished and some of the family would be more than happy to leave it all behind and disappear to their estates in the countryside. I am not going to play a violin for people who have so many advantages, but they probably carry some envy for their wealthy, aristo friends who live with much more freedom, less scrutiny and without the tedium of royal work.

by Anonymousreply 129September 13, 2024 4:45 PM

[quote] Lol at the poster who said the monarchy depends on the public's interest. The monarchy may, but the Windsors would still be eye-wateringly wealthy if the monarchy was abolished and some of the family would be more than happy to leave it all behind and disappear to their estates in the countryside

So why don’t they quit?

It’s been done.

by Anonymousreply 130September 13, 2024 5:00 PM

Queen Elizabeth said she felt she needed to be seen out in public. She knew that the public had to see her and, at least, like her.

If the public loses interest, they also don't want to pay for it, either.

by Anonymousreply 131September 13, 2024 5:08 PM

Everything is fine vis a vis the BRF and its public, strong support for Charles and the Wales'. Same as it ever was

by Anonymousreply 132September 13, 2024 5:26 PM

Presumably, the family believes in the value of the monarchy and feels a duty to strengthen and preserve it. The fact that they have enough “fuck you” money to live well as private citizens is not really relevant.

by Anonymousreply 133September 13, 2024 5:30 PM

The most they ever owed the public was a brief statement that she has been diagnosed with cancer and is undergoing treatment.

If she were the actual heir apparent, then perhaps they might owe more as an illness would directly impact the succession.

Honestly, whether she's more ill than they're revealing or not is not anyone's business. A private citizen wouldn't have to reveal any diagnosis or treatment plan, so her marrying into the royal family only necessitates that limited reveal of information.

by Anonymousreply 134September 13, 2024 5:37 PM

Sometimes small cancerous cells metastasize even though there is no evidence of it during an operation or in CT scans. Chemo can and does help but it is not a guarantee. The best thing one can do is to avoid all intake of glucose as cancer needs it to grow. Avoid all sugars, fruits, carbs. Help your body fight the cancer by not feeding the cancer cells.

by Anonymousreply 135September 13, 2024 5:52 PM

On the bright side, one can never be too rich or too thin.

by Anonymousreply 136September 13, 2024 6:08 PM

The "fuck you" money is relevant to those who think the royals should shuck and jive at every public whim. These are the same people who think Kate should disclose her diagnosis and that the threat of losing public funding holds some kind of sway in that type of decision. As a business, the monarchy wants to poll favorably with the public. But the family is not shaking in their boots at the threat of losing the pittance they receive from the public should the public decide to do away with the monarchy.

Why don't they quit? Who knows? Probably a mixture of feelings and beliefs that may be at odds with each other. I think a part of William and Kate would be happy to go off to Norfolk and leave it all behind. But they may also feel duty towards their country and towards their son's legacy. They seem to very committed to their causes and probably relish the opportunity that their status provides those causes. Besides, if they left and removed their children from the line, then it goes to a dumbfuck like Harry. William has a conscience so he is not going to let that happen.

My point is to those keep hounding on about "public interest" and seem to think the royals will be relegated to a council flat and job at Tesco if the country abolished the monarchy, that's not what would happen. They might miss the status of being royal, but they're not going to crying into their beers. They'd merely fall in with the rest of the moneyed set and go on about their lives.

by Anonymousreply 137September 13, 2024 6:17 PM

[quote] My point is to those keep hounding on about "public interest" and seem to think the royals will be relegated to a council flat and job at Tesco if the country abolished the monarchy, that's not what would happen.

Right—ALL those people. In your head.

by Anonymousreply 138September 13, 2024 6:37 PM

R130, you don't know what you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 139September 13, 2024 9:51 PM

Apologies, I mean r131, you don't know what you're talking about!

by Anonymousreply 140September 13, 2024 9:54 PM

[quote] King Charles III May Have Found Prince William & Kate Middleton's Video 'Distinctly Un-Regal'

Prince William and Kate Middleton stepped outside their comfort zone when they shared a very personal and cinematic view of their life while giving an update about her cancer battle. The romanticized version of their relationship was a hit with royal fans, but it might not have been a hit with King Charles III, who was reportedly less than thrilled about the clip’s release.

While the monarch hasn’t commented publicly on the Princess of Wales’ health, the couple’s new approach to their public image has ruffled a few feathers at the palace, according to the Daily Mail. “All that lying round, hugging and kissing – they’re not soppy teenagers,” a source told the media outlet. “It felt manipulative. It’s the sort of thing that Meghan would make.” There have been many comparisons to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s media-savvy ways, but the insider thought they should have taken a more philanthropic approach.

“All the time, effort, and expense put into making the video could have been much better spent elsewhere. Why not visit other women being treated for cancer? That’s what Diana would have done,” they added. While the Princess Diana touch would have been nice, Charles reportedly has some thoughts about Kate’s parents, Carole and Michael Middleton somewhat endorsing William and Kate’s PDA by appearing in the video. “There’s no coincidence that the Middletons appear in it and not the King and Queen,” a second source noted. “I can assure you that Charles and Camilla will not be filmed kissing each other on a beach [as William and Catherine were] until hell freezes over. It’s distinctly un-regal.”

What some people are forgetting is that the Prince and Princess of Wales put out a video for the May 2022 coronation that featured a behind-the-scenes look at their day — even though the historical event was all about King Charles. Royal reporter Richard Eden warned on the Palace Confidential talk show in December 2023 that the couple is defying royal protocols by trying to control their public image. “Kensington Palace going down this route of the Hollywood-style video does make me quite uneasy,” he said. “William and Catherine are vulnerable to PR people who want them to be these slick celebrities. That’s not what the Royal Family is. It’s important to make that distinction.”

Queen Elizabeth II’s death in September 2022 was the end of a regal era in the royal family. King Charles’ reign has been fraught with scandals and a sense of uneasiness about the relevance of the palace in modern society. William and Kate represent the future of the royal family, but the resistance to change still looms large in the U.K.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141September 13, 2024 10:12 PM

You know what? Since the Queen died I have been reflecting on this whole concept of the Monarchy and what it means to the UK and the Commonwealth, and etc. etc. etc. The Monarchy in GB is an anachronism. It's all kind of ridiculous to many of us "outsiders." I hope once Charles is gone William will get rid of some of the pomp and ceremony and start totally downsizing the monarchy. Actually I think all of it, not just limited to the RF, is ridiculous. The titles the "nobility" it just seems silly and out of touch.

by Anonymousreply 142September 13, 2024 10:18 PM

Go away, r142.

by Anonymousreply 143September 13, 2024 10:21 PM

[quote] While the monarch hasn’t commented publicly on the Princess of Wales’ health, the couple’s new approach to their public image has ruffled a few feathers at the palace, according to the Daily Mail. “All that lying round, hugging and kissing – they’re not soppy teenagers,” a source told the media outlet. “It felt manipulative. It’s the sort of thing that Meghan would make.”

OMG.

In the world of shady remarks, I think that this has to be one of THE shadiest things I've ever read about Meghan.

ROFL!

by Anonymousreply 144September 13, 2024 10:21 PM

R142, I’m not convinced that the monarchy is an anachronism, or, at any rate, merely an anachronism. There’s a whole social structure that goes along with it. As an American, I no longer confidently look at other countries and think, they just need to be more like us.

by Anonymousreply 145September 13, 2024 10:34 PM

R142 You didn"t notice that Charles has already "totally downsized?" I'm not a Brit, but believe the "pomp and ceremony," mostly devoted to military support, will continue, so just look away on Remembrance Day and so on. Honestly, you don't seem to recognize that the BRF is an arm of the government, etc. etc. etc

by Anonymousreply 146September 13, 2024 10:37 PM

R142 you’ve been reflecting on what the monarchy means “to the UK and the Commonwealth, and etc. etc. etc”?

Who cares what you think as an (your word) outsider? Do you realise how annoying it is for those of us not “outsiders” to hear an opinion such as yours? Especially when you so clearly don’t know what you’re talking about?

by Anonymousreply 147September 13, 2024 10:53 PM

[quote] Right—ALL those people. In your head.

You mean, like the people on television? They keep telling me about how their cats and dogs are being eaten.

by Anonymousreply 148September 13, 2024 11:06 PM

R142 here. I get the observance of Remembrance Day, and the opening of Parliament, etc. Not saying abolish all the rituals and traditions, but some of that shit like the parade (Oops, Precession) of all those nobles of the Garter at Windsor?With the feathers and the velvet, and the berets is just ..anachronistic.

by Anonymousreply 149September 13, 2024 11:11 PM

R142 / R149 you should write to the King with your considered suggestions. His address is:

His Majesty The King. Buckingham Palace. London SW1A 1AA

I'm sure that his staffers will be extremely grateful for your valuable input. Don't forget to include the phrase "As an American" in your letter - that always adds some requisite gravitas!

by Anonymousreply 150September 13, 2024 11:18 PM

Go away, r149. Just get lost.

by Anonymousreply 151September 14, 2024 12:24 AM

Why would anybody care what you think, R149?

by Anonymousreply 152September 14, 2024 12:31 AM

[quote]R141 I can assure you that Charles and Camilla will not be filmed kissing each other on a beach [as William and Catherine were] until hell freezes over. It’s distinctly un-regal.”

Right. Going on and on about how he wants to be Camilla’s TAMPON is so much CLASSIER!

by Anonymousreply 153September 14, 2024 1:09 AM

God, if she kicks it soon, the world will have to endure another generation of emotionally stunted royals.

by Anonymousreply 154September 14, 2024 1:10 AM

I'll give you a fucking break, R153.

Provide one piece of evidence that showed that Charles wanted to be Camilla's tampon. I'll save you the time - you can't, as in the illegally recorded private message between them he said the exact opposite.

But fools like you keep dredging up a conversation from thirty years ago and you still get it wrong.

Imagine if all our private conversations with people who we are fucking were publicised. I don't include you, of course, R153 - fucking not being something that you have done much of, if at all, I suspect.

There you go - I gave you your fucking break.

by Anonymousreply 155September 14, 2024 1:16 AM

Oh look it's KGT at R153 - hi KGT!

Just starting your weekly meth binge, I see. A bit early on the west coast, isn't it?

Don't forget - ALL CAPS, pegging, CUNT, rancid and of course CUNT, again and again.

by Anonymousreply 156September 14, 2024 1:20 AM

Poor William has already lost his mother and his only sibling and now he must cope with losing his wife and his father.

by Anonymousreply 157September 14, 2024 1:26 AM

Word for word with r155.

If it's not the juvenile, sophomoric comments about William enjoying anal stimulation ("pegging"), it's the stupid tampon thing.

I love gossip as much as the next person, probably more, but as soon as I learned about how that private conversation between Charles and Camilla was obtained, I lost interest in it.

There's enough that's public- good and bad- I can feast on. I have my standards.

by Anonymousreply 158September 14, 2024 1:43 AM

R157 It’s what he deserves for being a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 159September 14, 2024 3:23 AM

Why is the Prince of Wales a cunt, R159? Apart from being extremely rich and only getting richer, accomplished and well-liked by most people. The polar opposite to you, I’d suggest.

You call William a cunt all over the DL, R159, so you obviously have very good reasons for saying that. Why do you call him that?

Or is there no reason and you’re just deranged?

by Anonymousreply 160September 14, 2024 3:28 AM

[quote]R157 Poor William has already lost his mother and his only sibling and now he must cope with losing his wife and his father.

You have to wonder what he did that was so evil that God would smite him so.

by Anonymousreply 161September 14, 2024 5:17 AM

Meghan has entered the chat.

by Anonymousreply 162September 14, 2024 5:35 AM

[quote] You have to wonder what he did that was so evil that God would smite him so.

That’s a very salient point.

by Anonymousreply 163September 14, 2024 6:07 AM

That’s silly about Diana. She wasn’t rolling around because, as POW, her husband was rolling around with someone else.

Cracks me up how uptight the Brits can be. I think part of the missing video is meant to cement that Will loves Kate and not what’s her name and that this will be left on film for the kids to see. Rose hamberry rumors are meant to be just that-rumors.

by Anonymousreply 164September 14, 2024 7:28 AM

Rose Hanbury has a face like wooden spoon..

by Anonymousreply 165September 14, 2024 8:29 AM

Rose is the Camilla that’s waiting in the wings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166September 14, 2024 9:50 AM

[quote]R166 Rose is the Camilla that’s waiting in the wings.

Tho prettier, of course.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167September 14, 2024 9:55 AM

Hi KGT! I see that you still can’t spell “Marchioness of Cholmondeley”.

How’s this week’s bag of Tina going?

by Anonymousreply 168September 14, 2024 9:58 AM

I think the video’s emphasis on Will and Kate’s romantic connection is ominous. If her prognosis was good they would have decades to demonstrate the strength of their marriage. The video feels like the end of a story. Like a tragic romance novel you would buy in an airport. By mistake.

For all we know, Will and Kate had an arrangement and/or sort of knew their marriage wasn’t working out. Maybe Kate was OK with his cheating, but got angry and felt betrayed when he got too emotionally close with Rose (I’m not saying he ever cheated, just laying out one scenario). So he’s not husband of the year but he’s not Beelzebub, either. Will resigns himself to either giving up Rose or agreeing to keep it more on the down low until the kids are older.

Then, his dad and Kate both get very ill and he effectively loses his brother. Now he faces the prospect of raising three kids and while being the only member of the BRF with significant clout. And his former sidepiece is now permanently off limits because he would never be forgiven for picking back up with the woman he cheated on poor tragic Kate with. Not to mention that he probably needs the Middleton’s to provide some stability for the kids.

It’s not great. But better than Kate’s potential outcome and he’d still be able to screw around with thin, long-haired brunettes. Just not Rose.

by Anonymousreply 169September 14, 2024 1:43 PM

The story at R141 is awfully mean-spirited. She has (or has) cancer, can't people stop nit-picking?

by Anonymousreply 170September 14, 2024 2:19 PM

Never mind all that. Can someone explain to me what's going on at 2.20 in the video? After a happy picnic they're all walking off into the sunset--except Louis. Have they buried him in a field?

by Anonymousreply 171September 14, 2024 2:47 PM

[quote]The story at [R141] is awfully mean-spirited. She has (or has) cancer, can't people stop nit-picking?

This is the life she chose and humiliated herself for. People get to nit-pick all they fucking want.

by Anonymousreply 172September 14, 2024 3:31 PM

^stay MAD

by Anonymousreply 173September 14, 2024 3:39 PM

R172 needs to do some deep breathing. You don’t know these people!

by Anonymousreply 174September 14, 2024 3:52 PM

R62, that is the Cambridge Lovers' Knot tiara. Catherine has worn it ever since she became Duchess of Cambridge upon marriage to William. It was also a favourite of Diana's.

The Queen lent her the Cartier Halo tiara for her wedding day, but since then she mostly uses the Lovers' Knot.

by Anonymousreply 175September 14, 2024 3:59 PM

[QUOTE] think the video’s emphasis on Will and Kate’s romantic connection is ominous. If her prognosis was good they would have decades to demonstrate the strength of their marriage. The video feels like the end of a story. Like a tragic romance novel you would buy in an airport.

Yes, it has an elegiac quality. The harvest setting, Kate walking away on her own through a field. Chances are she won't see her 45th birthday.

by Anonymousreply 176September 14, 2024 5:31 PM

If William becomes king in his early 40s as a widower he'll be a beloved tragic figure and everyone will be on the look out for his next bride.

by Anonymousreply 177September 14, 2024 5:35 PM

R169 Yea, the whole video is depressing, especially the music at the end. Like something they’d show at her memorial service, with the old-time grainy effect.

by Anonymousreply 178September 14, 2024 6:09 PM

How could cancer go undetected in Charles and Catherine for so long and reached such a dire state when they would both have been receiving the best and most frequent of medical care prior?

Although I have no personal experience with cancer. No one in my family has had cancer. Everyone in my family, on both sides, dies instantly of massive heart attacks. I've probably become too comfortable in the knowledge that I will likely just keel over one day from a heart attack and not have to endure a long drawn-out illness. I should probably re-think that and pay closer attention to other possible health concerns.

by Anonymousreply 179September 14, 2024 6:10 PM

if she has ovarian cancer, tho symptoms are only present at an advanced case. Some cancers take years to emerge; some are fast growing. Everyone needs to do an annual checkup and diagnostic tests.

by Anonymousreply 180September 14, 2024 7:42 PM

[quote]R177 everyone will be on the look out for his next bride.

My dear, that’s already decided.

It’s already Rose Hanbury, who’s basically the love of Wills’ life… just like Camilla was Papa’s. It’s a family tradition at this point.

by Anonymousreply 181September 15, 2024 1:02 AM

You can’t even spell her name, can you, idiot R181?

by Anonymousreply 182September 15, 2024 1:04 AM

Why does r181 make you so upset?

by Anonymousreply 183September 15, 2024 1:06 AM

"Upset"? No. I just get bored with people endlessly recycling a story that was long ago recanted by the guy who started it - Giles Coren.

Pointing out that people who continue to do that but are unable to spell her real name - "Cholmondeley" - is a bit of fun.

by Anonymousreply 184September 15, 2024 2:02 AM

Royals who lie about everything? Gee, what a revelation. Next you are going to say they had nothing to do with driving Princess Diana out of the family.

by Anonymousreply 185September 15, 2024 2:07 AM

It won't be Rose. He'll choose a bride in her early 30s and have more children.

by Anonymousreply 186September 15, 2024 2:41 AM

It won't be Rose. He'll choose a bride in her early 30s and have more children.

by Anonymousreply 187September 15, 2024 2:41 AM

It makes you wonder. Every voodoo practioner from Haiti to Polynesia has been casting spells on the royals in the name of Meghan for years and now the two who were racist about her have cancer.

by Anonymousreply 188September 15, 2024 2:57 AM

Must be why Charles is going on an official visit to Samoa next month and why the very non-white New Zealand women's rugby team gave him a huge mass hug the other day, r188.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189September 15, 2024 3:43 AM

"You know what happens to people who lie; they get cancer."

by Anonymousreply 190September 15, 2024 3:51 AM

It makes *you* wonder, R188, along with the other fucking dumb denizens (Google it) of LSA and Celebitchy.

Go pour yourself another gallon of Pepsi and waddle down to CVS for some relaxing “shopping”.

by Anonymousreply 191September 15, 2024 3:58 AM

[quote]R182 You can’t even spell her name, can you, idiot?

Is it Ross, not Rose?

That would explain the face - -

by Anonymousreply 192September 15, 2024 5:35 AM

[quote] It won't be Rose. He'll choose a bride in her early 30s and have more children.

I see it just the opposite. It wouldn't surprise one bit if Willliam has the good sense to have already had a vasectomy.

What's with this conventional frau fairy tale stuff among some of you that assumes a heterosexual man just naturally wants another family and more children although he had one wife already and already has growing children?

by Anonymousreply 193September 15, 2024 12:27 PM

Forgot to add at r193.

And for William, assuming he survives Catherine, he'd have his pick of women.

If I were him, I'd make it clear, upfront to a sex partner, more children are a no-go. And you can try to trick me but I've already taken that off the table by having had a vasectomy.

by Anonymousreply 194September 15, 2024 12:31 PM

Does the BRF have to petition Parliament or whatever for an abortion, vasectomy etc? It seems like the gov. to an extent owns them.

by Anonymousreply 195September 15, 2024 12:34 PM

R190 If that were true Donald Trump would have been dead at least 40 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 196September 15, 2024 1:10 PM

[QUOTE] see it just the opposite. It wouldn't surprise one bit if Willliam has the good sense to have already had a vasectomy

Insane Klan Granny. Hardly any British male would opt for this let alone the heir to the throne. The operation can go seriously wrong.

Official stats are that only 4.4k men a year do it.

by Anonymousreply 197September 15, 2024 4:01 PM

What a bizarre fantasy - Wills and the tube snipping. Sheesh. BRF fangirls in too deep.

by Anonymousreply 198September 15, 2024 4:28 PM

R195 This is one of the stupidest things I've ever read on here.

by Anonymousreply 199September 15, 2024 4:31 PM

Have any of the Royals made state-funded abortion their charity, and come forward about their own Abortion Journey?

I wonder how many Margaret had. Or that busty, bug eyed one.

by Anonymousreply 200September 15, 2024 7:41 PM

R200 Why would any royal need to support an abortion charity? Abortion isn't an issue in the UK. We are not America.

by Anonymousreply 201September 15, 2024 7:50 PM

R195 showing that the stupidity on the DL knows no bounds.

by Anonymousreply 202September 15, 2024 9:09 PM

And then there’s R200.

by Anonymousreply 203September 15, 2024 9:10 PM

Kate lied. Charles died.

by Anonymousreply 204September 15, 2024 9:19 PM

disease is “Dis Ease.”

Kate needs to look within (maybe with the help of a therapist) and figure out what she’s uncomfortable about that’s making her sick.

If she does this with someone like Dr. Phil they might not charge her.

by Anonymousreply 205September 15, 2024 9:59 PM

Is Dr Phil based in Houston?

by Anonymousreply 206September 15, 2024 10:11 PM

r197 and r198 are just bizarre.

And stupid.

by Anonymousreply 207September 15, 2024 10:21 PM

I don't think that's true, for the most part.

Genetics plays a big part. Cancer is caused by cell mutation.

Lifestyle, pollutants, diet, obesity, and of course smoking and drinking alcohol - all those things play a BIG role (besides genetics).

But I don't think psychological factors play very much of a role.

by Anonymousreply 208September 15, 2024 10:23 PM

Oh I meant that for R205.

The fact that they're identifying more and more genetic markers for cancer as time goes on is partial proof that this thing is biological at the molecular level, not a "state of mind" issue.

by Anonymousreply 209September 15, 2024 10:25 PM

It can't be hpv related cancer, doesn't she get regular pap smear? They would find abnormal cells and take action before it becomes cancer

by Anonymousreply 210September 15, 2024 10:42 PM

If it’s ass cancer, like Farrah had from too much butt fucking, it would be so embarrassing.

unfortunately, the fact she won’t publicly identify what it is points to it being that [bold]: (

by Anonymousreply 211September 15, 2024 11:14 PM

That's the same cancer that you had, isn't it KGT R211?

You seem kind of obsessed with "ass cancer". Amongst many other things.

by Anonymousreply 212September 15, 2024 11:17 PM

Klan Grannies still making themselves identifiable by calling Kate Catherine.

by Anonymousreply 213September 16, 2024 1:05 AM

Hi KGT! How's the ass cancer going?

by Anonymousreply 214September 16, 2024 1:07 AM

Kate is probably dealing with a stoma bag and is too embarrassed to talk about it.

Time and again I've seen very skinny people with super fast metabolisms develop stomach or bowel cancer in their 30s or 40s. It doesn't end well.

by Anonymousreply 215September 16, 2024 1:08 AM

The daily Mail has been publishing articles about young people getting colon cancer for months...

Maybe she does have colon cancer

by Anonymousreply 216September 16, 2024 1:10 AM

I'm sure the people in the medical field know what she has...esp if she goes to see a specific doctor etc

by Anonymousreply 217September 16, 2024 1:11 AM

KGT has just scraped the powder left over in the meth bag and is having one last weekend puff.

This obsession with stomas and colon cancer isn't healthy, KGT - you have it, you should just own it.

by Anonymousreply 218September 16, 2024 1:12 AM

Sad all around

by Anonymousreply 219September 16, 2024 1:23 AM

I have a few theories about why I got colon cancer. I am not a young person. I consumed copious quantities of Starbuck energy drinks and they've found a link between taurine, which is in these drinks, and colon cancer. I wasn't a huge consumer of synthetic fats in chips and ice cream but that could be a contributing cause. There are also genetic links. I haven't had the testing but wish I had. During the lockdown, I had terrible dietary habits--too much sugar, too little fiber and vegetables. If you want to know the warning signs of this disease or how to minimize risks, the literature is out there, You don't need Catherine to walk you through it. The gist is eat a lot of vegetables and fiber, don't eat crap and exercise. Avoid booze, smoking, red and processed meat. I would ditch the energy drinks if I were you.

by Anonymousreply 220September 16, 2024 4:25 AM

There was a young woman with young children in Britain that developed bowel cancer a few years ago and Prince William visited with her and I believe made her a Dame. Anyone remember this story or her name? It was featured in the Daily Mail frequently.

by Anonymousreply 221September 16, 2024 4:34 AM

^^she passed away.

by Anonymousreply 222September 16, 2024 4:36 AM

Kate

by Anonymousreply 223September 16, 2024 4:41 AM

[quote]Anyone remember this story or her name?

Dame Colonoscopia

by Anonymousreply 224September 16, 2024 4:46 AM

R221, her name was Deborah James, aka "bowelbabe". She had a podcast with a couple other women. Her account is still up on Instagram. Had 2 kids and a drop dead gorgeous husband who worked in London as a stock broker or some such. She died at 40 on 28 June 2022.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225September 16, 2024 4:47 AM

R200 get help you blathering idiot, it’s out there.

by Anonymousreply 226September 16, 2024 4:49 AM

Thanks r225, that's her. I recall William going to her home to make her a Dame because she was too ill to attend the ceremony.

by Anonymousreply 227September 16, 2024 4:54 AM

Here's Prince William kneeling down beside Deborah's wheelchair. Second picture has her husband in it - and he's not quite as good looking as I remembered, but ok.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228September 16, 2024 5:40 AM

* oops not a wheelchair at all.

by Anonymousreply 229September 16, 2024 5:41 AM

* sorry to spam the thread - but god it looks like Williams is developing his dad's sausage fingers!

by Anonymousreply 230September 16, 2024 5:42 AM

Why hasn’t Kate made herself The Face of Ass Cancer Acceptance?

She could do a lot for normalizing what many hide as a shameful condition.

by Anonymousreply 231September 16, 2024 6:13 AM

People who lie….

by Anonymousreply 232September 16, 2024 6:15 AM

Still with the ass cancer obsession, KGT R231? You really should work through your shame at your own ass cancer, you pathetic loser.

by Anonymousreply 233September 16, 2024 6:19 AM

[quote]Kate Lied About Her Health

Mendacity!

by Anonymousreply 234September 16, 2024 7:04 AM

I didn't realise that Prince William is the President of the Royal Marsden. That is quite interesting.

by Anonymousreply 235September 16, 2024 7:37 AM

Since 2007, r235, as was his mother at some point

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236September 16, 2024 4:27 PM

I think all this speculation about how serious her situation is will resolve itself in January 2025.

If she resumes her solo engagement/duties in very early 2025 with a full schedule after having had a year off, then the situation is not dire and she's recovering for now.

If she continues on "light duty" in January 2025 after a year off, then it's probably grim.

She will do her Christmas 2024 events as she has plenty of time between now and then and will also have her family around for those engagements for support. Christmas events won't be an accurate indicator.

by Anonymousreply 237September 17, 2024 7:21 PM

It takes 3-5 months to return to former levels of energy after Chemo. Colon chemo can cause lasting liver damage and foot neuropathy. Don't minimize the after effects of this disease. I sincerely hope no one here ever gets it.

by Anonymousreply 238September 17, 2024 7:29 PM

Thanks for the info r238, didn't know.

Is it safe to round up to six months then and predict that if she's doing okay she will be back to work by March 2025? That's six months from September 2024 announcement of end of chemo.

by Anonymousreply 239September 17, 2024 7:34 PM

It has never been confirmed that she had cancer of the colon.

by Anonymousreply 240September 17, 2024 7:58 PM

I never believed she had stomach issues or a colostomy bag, nor do I believe she has Crohn’s. I think whatever cancer she had was discovered when she started having symptoms. They took out what they thought looked benign only to find out later it was cancer.

by Anonymousreply 241September 17, 2024 8:03 PM

That matches what she told us too R241.

by Anonymousreply 242September 17, 2024 9:57 PM

Exactly but there are ghouls on these threads completely invested in her dying of colon cancer - only they know why.

by Anonymousreply 243September 17, 2024 10:05 PM

Not every case of colon cancer requires an ostomy. I thank God that mine didn't. Kate is on a 12-session, 24-week chemo course, which is exactly what I'm on for colon cancer. It's considered aggressive treatment. Other cancers may require similar treatment or radiation. I only know about this one cancer.

Ican see not disclosing ovarian cancer and pancreatic cancer (both have grim recovery prospects) and colon cancer because she didn't want to be checked out for an ostomy bag. I don't really understand not disclosing cervical cancer except that it's sometimes linked to HPV or endometrial cancer. She has every right to her privacy, though.

by Anonymousreply 244September 17, 2024 11:50 PM

I read Catherine did an engagement today, a bit of good news.

by Anonymousreply 245September 17, 2024 11:53 PM

I also read she had a work meeting.

R244 how do you know Kate's treatment plan?

by Anonymousreply 246September 17, 2024 11:57 PM

I don't know her treatment plan. A 12 session colon cancer chemo plan lasts six months but could be longer because of the weeks when your blood count is off. Kate announced her chemo in March and announced she completed it in September. That's six months. Now that could be true of other cancers' course of chemo. But it is identical with the gold standard for colon cancer. I'm not saying it's definitive proof. We may never know.

by Anonymousreply 247September 18, 2024 12:22 AM

[quote]R238 It takes 3-5 months to return to former levels of energy after Chemo… Don't minimize the after effects of this disease.

Is the recovery time faster when you’re waited on hand and foot, never have to cook or do housework, and have supplicant toadies on hand to wipe your ASS?

by Anonymousreply 248September 18, 2024 1:50 AM

Cancer is the great equalizer, r248. Some who have everything will die while others who are not well off will live.

by Anonymousreply 249September 18, 2024 2:26 AM

KGT R248! There you are - hi KGT! Just surfacing from your latest meth binge, I see, and still focused on the “ASS”, as you call it.

Is that because you are dealing with anal cancer? You’ve mentioned that before using one of your sock puppets.

Why are you so fixated with on the Princess of Wales? Admittedly she is beautiful, stylish, loved on a global scale as well as surrounded by a loving family. No money worries and only going to get richer.

Is it because you have none of these? How awful to be you, KGT. Pathetic, really.

by Anonymousreply 250September 18, 2024 2:50 AM

[quote]r250 There you are - hi KGT! Just surfacing from your latest meth binge, I see

I’ve actually been sober for years and years.

That’s what lets me have such a clear eyed view of the BRF.

by Anonymousreply 251September 18, 2024 2:54 AM

The way to deal with the KGT is to FF and block and not to engage, to starve it of oxygen.

by Anonymousreply 252September 18, 2024 4:09 AM

r248 has a marvelous grasp of the obvious.

Yes. You're right.

So, therefore, let's all stipulate to recognize the reality that human beings haven't yet figured out the equal distribution of group status and money; a situation which leads to a division of labor where some people perform labor tasks on behalf of others.

Monarchy has taken that to an extreme.

Satisfied now?

You're annoying by repeatedly pointing out what we all have eyes and ears to see and assess.

I observe and comment on the BRF based upon the rules, situations and ranks they themselves present to the world.

I understand its inherent ridiculousness and inequality.

You're not deep. You don't perform some self-imagined enlightening role by pointing out the obvious.

by Anonymousreply 253September 18, 2024 11:05 AM

^Your repetitive whining and soppy jealousy is not deep or enlightening, Yawner.

by Anonymousreply 254September 18, 2024 11:39 AM

r254, Thanks for proving my point at r253,

by Anonymousreply 255September 18, 2024 11:57 AM

[QUOTE] The way to deal with the KGT is to FF and block and not to engage, to starve it of oxygen.

According to you, every poster who is critical of the BRF is the KGT. That's hundreds of different posters.

Just accept that your idols are riddled with cancer and not long for this world.

by Anonymousreply 256September 19, 2024 12:28 PM

You have no way of knowing both are riddled with cancer, and everything emanating from a former Murdoch reporter is suspect. By proclaiming objectivity, which Donald J Trump exploited in his first election and does not reserve now, NationNow is a leans-right prop. They have bitter Chris Cuoco and leans-right Dan Abrams, not my idea of objectivity.

by Anonymousreply 257September 19, 2024 1:59 PM

R256 KGT is easily identifiable through its limited vocabulary, specific grammatical tells and obsessions, as well as the timing of its unhinged rants.

by Anonymousreply 258September 19, 2024 4:12 PM

In addition to its use if the ridiculous term “klan granny”, R256. Hi KGT! You can’t help your pathetic self, can you?

by Anonymousreply 259September 19, 2024 4:15 PM

There are some pompous tits on this post.

by Anonymousreply 260September 19, 2024 4:37 PM

And one lunatic - KGT @ R248.

by Anonymousreply 261September 19, 2024 7:57 PM

You don't have any view of the BRF, r251. You are completely ignorant of who they are and what they do.

by Anonymousreply 262September 19, 2024 9:33 PM

William could end up completely alone. No mother, no father, no wife, no brother, kids at boarding school. He'll either remarry or go insane.

by Anonymousreply 263September 19, 2024 9:42 PM

Bulimia rots your insides, as does smoking. Kate was a prime candidate for cancer.

by Anonymousreply 264September 19, 2024 9:43 PM

Hi KGT R264!

by Anonymousreply 265September 19, 2024 10:10 PM

R263 unlike his brother, I bet he still has a lot of old friends in his life, and they'll continue to be there for him.

by Anonymousreply 266September 19, 2024 10:10 PM

R263, William has cousins, aunts, uncles, in-laws to look out for him. He has a loving extended family, alongside a busy and active life.

by Anonymousreply 267September 19, 2024 10:51 PM

[quote]r263 William could end up completely alone. No mother, no father, no wife, no brother, kids at boarding school. He'll either remarry or go insane.

Couldn't he marry that sycophant tranny, Lady C?

She seems like a fan.

by Anonymousreply 268September 20, 2024 2:04 AM

Harry is in a much better position than William. Living by the sea instead of in polluted Kensington, wife very healthy, kids won't be sent to boarding school.

by Anonymousreply 269September 20, 2024 2:38 AM

[QUOTE] William has cousins, aunts, uncles, in-laws to look out for him.

Uncles? Doubt he spends much time with Andrew and he has one aunt, cold blooded Anne.

by Anonymousreply 270September 20, 2024 2:39 AM

[QUOTE] William has cousins, aunts, uncles, in-laws to look out for him.

Uncles? Doubt he spends much time with Andrew and he has one aunt, cold blooded Anne.

by Anonymousreply 271September 20, 2024 2:39 AM

[quote] Harry is in a much better position than William.

I would agree. "Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown".

Harry will be living that California lifestyle, deep and meaningful as that is.

King William, otoh, will be saddled 24 and 7 with all the burdens, duties, responsibilities, wealth, status, privilege, constitutional monarchal duties that that go with being the embodiment of a nation's sovereignty.

Just pesky things like that.

by Anonymousreply 272September 20, 2024 2:51 AM

R249 R256 R264 R266 R269 - you’ve certainly been on a roll tonight KGT!

Tonight's Tina has really hit your sweet spot!

by Anonymousreply 273September 20, 2024 3:00 AM

Harry's wife "very healthy"

Ha! Certainly not if you consider mental health/personality disorders.

by Anonymousreply 274September 20, 2024 3:16 AM

[QUOTE] King William, otoh, will be saddled 24 and 7 with all the burdens, duties, responsibilities ...

Yep - working until he's in his 90s while Harry is living a life of leisure.

by Anonymousreply 275September 20, 2024 3:18 AM

I think Harry won't be long for this world once Meghan gives him the flick

by Anonymousreply 276September 20, 2024 3:22 AM

[quote]r274 Harry's wife "very healthy"? Ha! Certainly not if you consider mental health/personality disorders.

Well, in contrast to Kate Middleton's dripping ass cancer.

by Anonymousreply 277September 20, 2024 3:31 AM

Hi KGT R277! You really should be working with your (poor fucking) therapist on your ass cancer obsession, stemming, as it does, from your own colorectal cancer.

You do know that every time you raise it, we are all rolling our eyes and shaking our heads at your inability to deal with your own shame, right? It must be sad to know that every time that you post, we are all laughing at you.

by Anonymousreply 278September 20, 2024 5:09 AM

[quote]r278 You do know that every time you raise it, we are all rolling our eyes

"All" of you? Just how many grannies do you think are [italic]in[/italic]this thread, appalled by any Kate bashing??

by Anonymousreply 279September 20, 2024 5:31 AM

Hi KGT!

by Anonymousreply 280September 20, 2024 5:46 AM

Omg.

by Anonymousreply 281September 20, 2024 6:02 AM

Why don’t Wills and Kate M take a vacation at Harry and Meghan’s in Montecito, so Kate can recouperate in peace? It might be one of the last times they can get away while Charles can still watch over things without them.

They should take advantage of the window - he could die any time and then they’re stuck there.

by Anonymousreply 282September 20, 2024 6:40 AM

If Harry is so fine and happy and in exactly the right place then why is he videoing the paps with his phone from the back seat of a car while he and Meghan are being driven to Tyler Perry's birthday party? He seems very troubled. Meghan, on the other hand, is beaming away, laughing and joyful in her usual fake, staged way (perhaps she called the paps).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283September 20, 2024 9:08 AM

[quote]Same hillbillies who called Elizabeth Taylor LIZ, which she hated, and called Princess Diana and Prince Charles DI and CHUCK.

Incidentally, that reminds me of when Disney's HERCULES came out in the '90s and some people complained about Americans always shortening names.

For instance, in the movie, Hercules is called "Herc," Megara is "Meg," and Philoctetes is "Phil."

by Anonymousreply 284September 20, 2024 9:31 AM

R270, r271, Anne is warm and funny, but William also has aunts and an uncle from his mother's side, as well as his wife's extended family. The idea that Harry has more people around him than William is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 285September 20, 2024 2:58 PM

[QUOTE] If Harry is so fine and happy and in exactly the right place then why is he videoing the paps with his phone

Is that all you've got? As opposed to Kate struggling with a stoma bag and being given a 30% chance of surviving five years.

by Anonymousreply 286September 20, 2024 6:07 PM

[QUOTE] Anne is warm and funny, but William also has aunts and an uncle from his mother's side, as well as his wife's extended family. The idea that Harry has more people around him than William is ridiculous.

None of these are any use compared to the love of a wife. William will marry again and Klanners will have to endure it.

by Anonymousreply 287September 20, 2024 6:09 PM

[quote] None of these are any use compared to the love of a wife.

Bwahahahaha!

It's been a while since I read sentence like that. Thanks for the laugh.

A blurb I spotted on the cover of a pulp Romance/Bodice Ripper novel had the same ring to it.

by Anonymousreply 288September 20, 2024 7:09 PM

Pitiful R288 values the affection of an aunt above the love of a partner! Clearly some hopeless loser who's never been in a relationship.

by Anonymousreply 289September 20, 2024 7:18 PM

It's always astounding just how stupid Megstans can be.

by Anonymousreply 290September 20, 2024 9:58 PM

I'm self-identified as a colon cancer patient and I don't appreciate the references to dripping ass cancer. stoma bags and 30 percent chances of survival. This isn't an example of Datalounge's rapier-sharp wit--it's just ugly and hateful, whether applied to Kate/Catherine or anyone else with this disease. It's also the reason why people don't go public. Cancer is a journey, apart from it being a disease state exacerbated by the weakness one feels with chemo. My attention has been focused on getting rid of all the toxicity in my life, whether it's stupid or hurtful people or a six-pack of coke. I assume Catherine has too, and if she's guarded or reclusive, it may just be to get out of the public's eye and have the space to live her life. I don't blame her.

by Anonymousreply 291September 21, 2024 9:23 AM

[QUOTE] I assume Catherine has too

Bitch you just ruined your pity party by revealing your Klan status witb the name 'Catherine'. If Meghan had cancer you whores would be saying the worst things about her.

by Anonymousreply 292September 21, 2024 11:41 AM

Nobody ever says a person is cured of cancer, especially doctors. Cancer-free at the moment is the best they can do.

by Anonymousreply 293September 21, 2024 1:26 PM

Stop projecting onto others, r292.

by Anonymousreply 294September 21, 2024 6:19 PM

Calling Catherine by her given name doesn't make me a Klan member anymore than cheerleading for Meghan makes the poster into Martin Luther King. I find Meghan annoying but certainly don't wish her any harm and, being a cancer patient, I would never wish cancert on anyone. I don't live in a black-and-white world where I choose sides and stick to them when it defies decency and common sense.

Cancer survival requires you to be positive, generous and grateful, IMO. Otherwise you drive good people away and their presence is vital for your recovery. I would never be cruel to someone suffering from this disease.

by Anonymousreply 295September 21, 2024 8:08 PM

R291 / R295 I’ve been guilty of it myself but as another poster said upthread - it’s best not to engage with the Klan Grannie Troll (aka KGT). It is best handled by blocking and making good use of the FF button. As you’ve found, there are no limits to what it will say to get under your skin.

Good luck with the Big C.

by Anonymousreply 296September 21, 2024 8:51 PM

Thank you. It's gone.

by Anonymousreply 297September 21, 2024 8:57 PM

Meghan wanted to be queen.She sprinkled Splenda in all the Royals breakfast cereal and now they’re sick and dying from cancer. She’s now plotting and planning her return to the palace with the red head or not.

by Anonymousreply 298September 23, 2024 11:10 PM

You wouldn't put it past her to be calculating, if Kate should die, how soon she could have another crack at winning William and claiming the crown.

When hell cools will he be able to look at you without sneering, honey, but you're not bright enough to figure that out.

by Anonymousreply 299September 24, 2024 11:21 AM

A lot of the tension within the Fab Four was due to Wills’ obvious attraction to Meghan. He’ll make a move on her before Kate’s even cold.

I just hope there isn’t an act of Parliament by which he can dissolve the marriage to Harry, and forcibly take M for himself (?)

by Anonymousreply 300September 25, 2024 3:14 AM

Yes of course, R300! You’re obviously well-informed and absolutely correct!

Who could resist a peri menopausal, twig legged, box bodied grifter with pita pocket flaps where her bolt ons used to be? Throw in the basic Californian accent and word salad whenever she opened her mouth, shame about her race until she thought that she could monetize it and horrible personality including bullying a three year old child and being caught out secretly photographing rooms in William’s house on her first visit there?

Yep - Smegs was the total package! William must have been hornier than a toad when she was around. Aren’t we all?

by Anonymousreply 301September 25, 2024 3:45 AM

[quote] Same hillbillies who called Elizabeth Taylor LIZ, which she hated, and called Princess Diana and Prince Charles DI and CHUCK.

I'll call Barbra Streisand "Babs" if I damn well feel like it.

by Anonymousreply 302September 25, 2024 3:50 AM

And intelligent people will be able to draw their own conclusions about you when you do that, R302, if they "damn [sic] well feel like it).

by Anonymousreply 303September 25, 2024 5:36 AM

I don't care.

by Anonymousreply 304September 25, 2024 5:50 AM

and yet here you are, R304, having read through 303 posts before your scintillating response.

by Anonymousreply 305September 25, 2024 5:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!