Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"THERE WILL BE NO THIRD DEBATE!"

tweets Trump today, in hysterical all-caps.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198September 16, 2024 9:07 PM

*truths

by Anonymousreply 1September 12, 2024 7:53 PM

LOL. The stink of failure is all over him.

by Anonymousreply 2September 12, 2024 7:54 PM

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣…. And another couple hundred more 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.

by Anonymousreply 3September 12, 2024 7:56 PM

Thank God I hitched my wagon to this winner's star!

by Anonymousreply 4September 12, 2024 7:57 PM

He loses less by chickening out than by having another debate and getting his ass handed to him again.

by Anonymousreply 5September 12, 2024 7:58 PM

If Kamal was not a coward it should only be fair if the next debate was on Fox news.

by Anonymousreply 6September 12, 2024 7:58 PM

If it's of any consolation, JD, you're even weirder. He actually normalizes you (I know, it sounds strange, but it's true...)

by Anonymousreply 7September 12, 2024 7:59 PM

There's nothing like a lengthy, all caps message accentuate that it's author is completely batshit and not hireable for anything beyond asking: "Do you want fries with that?"

by Anonymousreply 8September 12, 2024 8:00 PM

Poor Donald. He lost the debate and can’t admit it. Clearly he doesn’t want to go through more humiliation from a woman. It does make him look WEAK.

by Anonymousreply 9September 12, 2024 8:11 PM

R6 is some Eastern European troll. Should I send you a pair of blue jeans, tovarishch?

by Anonymousreply 10September 12, 2024 8:13 PM

Mary Trump says that Donald suffered a "narcissistic injury" during Tuesday's debate that he will never recover from. There's no way that he can put himself through that pain again.

by Anonymousreply 11September 12, 2024 8:15 PM

"... fair if the next debate was on Fox news."

FOX is a Russiapublican propaganda operation. They should be banned from the airwaves.

by Anonymousreply 12September 12, 2024 8:15 PM

The muted mics worked out fine.

by Anonymousreply 13September 12, 2024 8:40 PM

R11 I agree with her but it makes him quite dangerous now.

by Anonymousreply 14September 12, 2024 9:01 PM

When the debater goes to the party's spin-room themselves afterwards, you know the debate has been a unmitigated disaster for them.

R12 Oh, and Fox has no business hosting any debate. They already claimed in court under oath that they were not a news channel, they are a entertainment media channel.

by Anonymousreply 15September 12, 2024 9:12 PM

Where was the 2nd debate? In his crazed mind?

by Anonymousreply 16September 12, 2024 9:16 PM

He's counting the one with Biden as the first, Harris as the second, I assume.

by Anonymousreply 17September 12, 2024 9:22 PM

WHAT IS IT WITH HIM AND CAPS?!

OY, STOP IT WITH THE YELLING!

by Anonymousreply 18September 12, 2024 9:27 PM

[quote]The stink of failure is all over him.

Is it even possible to distinguish any one particular stink on him?

by Anonymousreply 19September 12, 2024 9:32 PM

I will always believe it's Don, Jr. who writes all the tweets, etc. It's the same style ashis own. The CAPS could be when he's really squirrelling on drugs.

by Anonymousreply 20September 12, 2024 9:33 PM

I'm glad that he will have no opportunity to rally, and that he will be remembered for the cats and dogs shit.

by Anonymousreply 21September 12, 2024 9:34 PM

Yep. The Harris campaign can play those unhinged diatribes all the way to Election Day.

by Anonymousreply 22September 12, 2024 9:38 PM

Nothing screams presidential like always crying, whining, claiming to be a victim of everything that doesn’t go his way. JFC. He’s so weak and fragile. For the first time to many he is looking old, crazy, exhausting, fragile, weak.

by Anonymousreply 23September 12, 2024 9:38 PM

Sir, this is a Wendy's.

by Anonymousreply 24September 12, 2024 9:41 PM

[quote]They already claimed in court under oath that they were not a news channel, they are a entertainment media channel.

Stop making shit up. That stupid statement has been debunked numerous times, so please stop repeating it.

by Anonymousreply 25September 12, 2024 9:44 PM

R25

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26September 12, 2024 9:46 PM

The trumpster is holding a rally here, right now. I hope the arena is half full and the local news shows people leaving early.

I have a friend who lives near the venue and he says cars and pickups with trump and lake bumper stickers are parking illegally all over the neighborhood,. They could park in the lots for $5, but I guess all their money is in the trumpster’s hands. He’s reporting it to the police. The city and towing companies should do well today. Oh btw, the city made his campaign pay in advance for the venue and security. He never paid in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 27September 12, 2024 9:48 PM

Ha, ha!

R25 got SPANKED!

by Anonymousreply 28September 12, 2024 9:49 PM

Even I were a Maga at this point and I just philosophically believed Trump was better for the country on mere policy, I couldn’t imagine how the nation could survive with him being re-elected. This presidency is more than just the economy which the president can not just independently effect.

by Anonymousreply 29September 12, 2024 9:52 PM

"Nothing screams presidential like always crying, whining, claiming to be a victim of everything that doesn’t go his way."

Which is why MAGAts are so enamored of him: they behave the same way. They're all members of the Sisters of Perpetual Victimhood.

by Anonymousreply 30September 12, 2024 9:52 PM

R25 More

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31September 12, 2024 9:52 PM

R25 More

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32September 12, 2024 9:55 PM

deranged orange old man

by Anonymousreply 33September 12, 2024 9:55 PM

R25 Eat my shorts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34September 12, 2024 9:56 PM

Might as well. Debates don't really seem to move the needle anymore.

by Anonymousreply 35September 12, 2024 9:59 PM

Polling results from debates are just a short time phenomena. They have little impact on actual election. The best one can hope for is that it may motivate some undecideds or get some people to register to vote.

by Anonymousreply 36September 12, 2024 10:04 PM

they will keep playing video of Dump's cray till election day

by Anonymousreply 37September 12, 2024 10:07 PM

I keep reading this as There Will Be Blood, the greatest film of all time.

by Anonymousreply 38September 12, 2024 10:10 PM

There’s no need for another debate. We ended on a high note with dogs and cats being eaten.

by Anonymousreply 39September 12, 2024 10:12 PM

r11- We saw the injury in real time, his eyes widened like she stuck him with a cattle prod. Furthermore, he'll carry that narcissistic injury into every rally and all he will see is the people leaving. Kamala has ruined rallies for him. He's pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 40September 12, 2024 10:13 PM

That "Comrade Harris" is a real zinger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41September 12, 2024 10:22 PM

^Also, of all the things that she could have called him, traitor, liar, fraud, rapist, the kill shot came from the size of his crowds.

by Anonymousreply 42September 12, 2024 10:27 PM

It's time for every network and local station to air Elia Kazan's prescient 1957 classic, "A Face In The Crowd."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43September 12, 2024 10:27 PM

Oh yes^

by Anonymousreply 44September 12, 2024 10:29 PM

He was just having a bad day. Seems he can't do anything right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45September 12, 2024 10:29 PM

He's a coward.

by Anonymousreply 46September 12, 2024 10:30 PM

Cats and dogs everywhere are relieved.

by Anonymousreply 47September 12, 2024 10:34 PM

FOX shouldn't host any debates since they knowingly lied about the outcome of the 2020 election. That's antithetical to democracy.

by Anonymousreply 48September 12, 2024 10:37 PM

And I hope Kamala makes it clear she doesn't do political debates on entertainment shows.

by Anonymousreply 49September 12, 2024 10:40 PM

By Trump's own logic: why did he debate Hillary three times in 2016? And Biden twice in 2020?

by Anonymousreply 50September 12, 2024 10:41 PM

He can't come back from the dogs and cats comment. He always, always doubles down. So, at next opportunity instead of saying he misspoke or got bad information, he's going to say those Haitians in Ohio not only eat people's doggie's and kitties but grandma and Grandpa, too.

"Don't go to Springfield, folks! I hear no one is safe! Dogs, cats, grandparents. In Sleepy Joe and Commrade Kamala's America, pets and people are being kidnapped off the street so they can be used in Satanic rituals and eaten! If you don't vote for me, these Marxist, Communist, Haitian, Satanists are going to come to your house and cook and eat you for SATAN! Are you a PATRIOT or do you work for SATAN? MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!"

by Anonymousreply 51September 12, 2024 10:42 PM

R40, she just needed to land that one blow and he came apart. Others had tried and failed, but she did it.

by Anonymousreply 52September 12, 2024 10:42 PM

Do *not* let that man be buried at Arlington.

by Anonymousreply 53September 12, 2024 10:42 PM

R52 very much agree. Plus like Obama she never gets flustered. She could have easily become unraveled when he started hitting her on the economy and the high inflation under Biden. I think Dump even called her Kablama. That shit is a fkin compliment.

by Anonymousreply 54September 12, 2024 10:47 PM

[quote]Where was the 2nd debate? In his crazed mind?

He proposed one almost immediately after his debate with Harris – for presumably obvious reasons – but unfortunately his people managed to convince him this time that it'd be a bad idea. DAMMIT!

[quote]I will always believe it's Don, Jr. who writes all the tweets, etc. It's the same style ashis own.

R20, you're being much too generous. DJT & DJTJR are cut from the same cloth, down to the all-caps rants *and* raging Adderall/coke addiction.

[quote]Debates don't really seem to move the needle anymore.

In past elections? True. In this one? Did you miss that the first debate moved the needle so far that it shoved the Democratic candidate straight off the stage? Not that Trump will ever drop out, but – yet again – we are in entirely uncharted territory.

by Anonymousreply 55September 12, 2024 10:51 PM

If Kamala was a few points behind, I'd suggest she actually call his bluff and do a FOX News debate, with conditions. If the moderators are limited to just asking questions (and not analyzing or asking follow up questions or whatever) and no audience is allowed, she could handle that easily as if the questions are loaded you can challenge the questions. But since it's leaning her way right now, I don't think she has to do that. But I'm curious if she did call his bluff if he'd actually go through with it.

by Anonymousreply 56September 12, 2024 11:01 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57September 12, 2024 11:02 PM

Anything eventful at his rally in front of 2000 fans today?

by Anonymousreply 58September 12, 2024 11:03 PM

Where are the calls from the media for ITS resignation from the campaign

by Anonymousreply 59September 12, 2024 11:03 PM

[quote]If the moderators are limited to just asking questions (and not analyzing or asking follow up questions or whatever) and no audience is allowed, she could handle that easily as if the questions are loaded you can challenge the questions.

It's cute that you think Faux News would play fair. I'm assuming they'd "accidentally" cut her mic repeatedly – whenever Trumpkins wishes to unload on her – as "fair game" since "ABC did the same thing to Trump" (they didn't, of course, but it's Faux). Wouldn't surprise me if an "unexpected" audience happened to appear.

by Anonymousreply 60September 12, 2024 11:06 PM

r26 r28 r31 There is NOTHING in any of those sources that says that Fox News swore under oath they were an entertainment channel. There is no such thing as an "entertainment channel." And they are not regulated by the FCC because they are not a broadcast network. The only thing they admitted to was that no one would consider Tucker Carlson's show to be news.

So again -- stop making stuff up.

by Anonymousreply 61September 12, 2024 11:09 PM

R58, apparently not. Even in the Arizona media, the main Trump story is him wimping out on doing a third debate.

by Anonymousreply 62September 12, 2024 11:10 PM

Even his dumb ass knows not to go back for a second helping.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63September 12, 2024 11:13 PM

The POS said he would do FOX unless it was Sean/Jesse/Laura, cult members who would give him the questions in advance. Remember when Obama faced McCain and they were asked the same questions but Obama went first, while McCain waited in a limo where we were assured (by a pastor? IIRC) that McCain could not hear the questions. He even said "He's in the cone of silence" or some joke. Yeah, right. Even hero McCain was a cheater and a liar. "Sarah Palin knows more about energy than anyone in the US" . Fucking, self-serving POS, forever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64September 12, 2024 11:16 PM

President Biden lost his train of thought during the debate and spoke in a weakened voice. In real time, during that debate, the media and the elite demanded President Biden be removed from Democratic ticket.

The orange one is screaming about after birth abortions and "duh dawgs being eaten by dem", you don't see the media asking for ITS removal.

by Anonymousreply 65September 12, 2024 11:16 PM

R58, just found this. Only 500 attendees at the AZ rally. Sad!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66September 12, 2024 11:17 PM

Meanwhile, NYT is reporting:

"Harris just finished her speech at a rally in Greensboro. As she left the stage, she stopped to wave at supporters and seemed to look around the arena, taking in the scale and excitement of the crowd. At least 10,000 people have come to see her."

Maya King Reporting from Greensboro, N.C.

by Anonymousreply 67September 12, 2024 11:29 PM

r67

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68September 12, 2024 11:31 PM

R63 😆 😆 😆. Right. I haven’t seen Wanda in a while Yes yo. Exactly. That’s exactly how ALL black people and young people viewed it.

by Anonymousreply 69September 12, 2024 11:36 PM

Thank you, R68. I hadn't yet seen the footage.

by Anonymousreply 70September 12, 2024 11:39 PM

Trump's position is correct. He has gone through two debates. He has won BOTH OF THEM. He was a HUGE success. The other side is losing that's why they want to do another debate. It would be KaMAla's second but for him it would be a third and that is not something he ought to be forced into since he is WINNING!

by Anonymousreply 71September 12, 2024 11:40 PM

The Rude Pundit- Every time trump lied she tore him a new asshole.... By the end, she had torn so many new assholes in him that he'll be shitting out of his arms, legs, and chest for months.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72September 12, 2024 11:48 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73September 12, 2024 11:52 PM

Twitter: Woman kills baby live on stage 78 years after its birth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74September 12, 2024 11:54 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75September 13, 2024 12:13 AM

Kamala broke him for good. His rally today is completely unhinged insane nuttery more so than his usually completely unhinged insane nuttery. All he has are made up horrible things happening. He’s fried.

by Anonymousreply 76September 13, 2024 12:13 AM

He'll pivot!

by Anonymousreply 77September 13, 2024 12:18 AM

Once he sees the polls, he’s going to beg for another debate. And you will see the Trump that stalked Hilllary Clinton on stage, as well as the Covid-positive Trump who tried to scream down Joe Biden. He thinks his rage will save him, but Kamala Harris seems impervious to it.

by Anonymousreply 78September 13, 2024 12:22 AM

When she said that about people leaving his rallies early, I laughed out loud! He had some pitiful barnraising about an hour away from me some time back, a big whoop-de-doo in the country, and the crowd was super spotty & dressed like a flag that had been stepped on. All it accomplished was fucking up the routes to and from the airport.

by Anonymousreply 79September 13, 2024 12:24 AM

Sigh of relief..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80September 13, 2024 12:25 AM

“She was a no-show at the Fox debate”

And when and where was this debate, pray tell? In his fever dreams?

by Anonymousreply 81September 13, 2024 12:29 AM

I defeated her so thoroughly there’s no need for another!

Oh and ABC cheated!!!

by Anonymousreply 82September 13, 2024 12:29 AM

Hey Trump, Kamala's got the numbers. That drives him even more crazy.

by Anonymousreply 83September 13, 2024 12:32 AM

Trump is screwed. If he doesn’t debate he looks scared, and if he does, he could make his bad situation even worse. Now Kamala is freed up to do rallies and local media. She’s also a fundraising magnet.

by Anonymousreply 84September 13, 2024 12:41 AM

Don't get complacent! Vote and volunteer!

by Anonymousreply 85September 13, 2024 12:48 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86September 13, 2024 12:50 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87September 13, 2024 12:52 AM

She needs to take a couple days off from the " battleground states" and appear on network television ( Kimmel,etc) so people can see her in an informal sense. Playing sax on tv did wonders for Bill Clinton. She need to get on tv.

by Anonymousreply 88September 13, 2024 1:01 AM

Sure, R88, maybe a cameo on Dancing with the Stars?

by Anonymousreply 89September 13, 2024 1:33 AM

Actually I agree she should do some TV and honestly I like the idea of Colbert or Kimmel. Informal. But I want her to keep snubbing the press. Maybe do CBS John Dickinson. He's a good guy.

by Anonymousreply 90September 13, 2024 1:36 AM

They won’t stop at performing transgender operations on illegal aliens in prison, now they’re after your kids!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91September 13, 2024 2:20 AM

It's a real shame Orange Jesus will have to miss this next debate, then. I guess VP Harris will just have to utilize that entire time, by herself, to reach out to American voters.

"CBS News, along with partners Univision and The Wall Street Journal, has invited both presidential candidates to participate in an October debate at Arizona State University.

We hope they accept and provide voters with another opportunity to hear directly from them."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92September 13, 2024 2:26 AM

R91 imagine voting for this idiot

by Anonymousreply 93September 13, 2024 2:28 AM

Don’t worry about school shootings, worry that the schools are changing the sex of your children.

by Anonymousreply 94September 13, 2024 2:32 AM

That is some WEIRD SH!T @ R91. You know he says crazy things, but to actually say THAT! Absolutely horrifying.

by Anonymousreply 95September 13, 2024 2:39 AM

I'm not sure another debate would help. I don't think a Fox debate would, and that's the only one Trump would ever agree to now.

I know Kamala will win the popular vote. I wish there were some way to really reach the swing-state voters. There hasn't been any movement in the electoral map since NC went into the "toss-up" column weeks ago.

P.S. I don't know why the 2020 electoral map is showing in the preview, at least before I hit "Post."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96September 13, 2024 2:51 AM

R96

Republicans flood the zone with polls that oversample Rs to push up their avg in an attempt to demobilze Dems. It is just a few polling companies, but it is enough. It’s why their red wave in ‘22 turned into the worst 1st midterms of a party out of power since Rs shit the bed in ‘34. It also gives DT a narrative that the election was stolen. Dems have been over performing polls since DT got elected.

Pay no mind to polls. Vote.

by Anonymousreply 97September 13, 2024 2:58 AM

Here’s 2024.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98September 13, 2024 2:58 AM

[quote]Sure, [R88], maybe a cameo on Dancing with the Stars?

How about Survivor? Big Brother? Naked and Afraid?

by Anonymousreply 99September 13, 2024 3:12 AM

Whodathunkit? There’s a special app the cartels use when they fly their people in on jets!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100September 13, 2024 3:39 AM

“We will recock”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101September 13, 2024 3:44 AM

Arizona got quite the show today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102September 13, 2024 3:47 AM

Gotta have a cock to “recock”, mushroom dick.

by Anonymousreply 103September 13, 2024 3:47 AM

That Loomer woman who gives him blowjobs has really poisoned his pea brain.

by Anonymousreply 104September 13, 2024 3:56 AM

There wasn't much left to poison, R104.

by Anonymousreply 105September 13, 2024 4:08 AM

I wonder if he was in tears when he tweeted that

by Anonymousreply 106September 13, 2024 4:21 AM

I thought today’s trump rally would be held at the 9,000 seat arena, but instead it held at the2,200 seat concert hall. I guess he didn’t want to chance a half full arena. You can’t have the media showing half the seats empty.

Tucson used to be the liberal heart of Arizona, but with all the migration to Phoenix, we’re number two now. We have a large Mexican-American population, and a growing group of Central Americans, and people from the Middle East, we are a diverse city. In addition to a growing minority group we have a growing white population from other states, mostly retirees and people trying to restart their lives. Many bring their conservative politics with them, and lately this group has become very militant. In 2020, there was a Ridin’ with Biden car rally organized by local Dems. When the magas found out about it, they sabotaged it by tailing the Biden parade with their maga signs and flags. This polarization has saddened longtime residents here. My parents just shake their heads at the incivility of it all.

Anyway, today’s trump stump was held a the local music hall which a few years back named after our local treasure, Linda Ronstadt. When she found out that this was happening, she sent out a tweet. Her sadness at finding out is reflected in her statement. It’s like this place where I grew up going to concerts and operas has been desecrated, l’m sure she feels the same way too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107September 13, 2024 4:25 AM

I accidentally stumbled on a YouTube clip of Trump at a rally in 2016. (I was looking for footage of his Long Island rally.)

It's astonishing how low energy he's become since then. It's like he's an entirely different person.

For context:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108September 13, 2024 11:52 AM

R107, Tucson is a lovely town. I hope the magats leave

by Anonymousreply 109September 13, 2024 12:39 PM

Interesting contrast R108.

by Anonymousreply 110September 13, 2024 12:49 PM

Bump for original thread

by Anonymousreply 111September 13, 2024 1:03 PM

[Quote] It's astonishing how low energy he's become since then.

Is it really amazing that a 70 year old has more energy than a 78 year old?

by Anonymousreply 112September 13, 2024 1:04 PM

Time to find out what really happened with the "assassination" attempt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113September 13, 2024 1:11 PM

The rally in Arizona was half full anyway

by Anonymousreply 114September 13, 2024 1:20 PM

Is r113 the much hoped for October surprise?

by Anonymousreply 115September 13, 2024 1:31 PM

r114, was it?

by Anonymousreply 116September 13, 2024 1:39 PM

[quote]The rally in Arizona was half full anyway

Every one of his accusations is a confession.

Every single one.

by Anonymousreply 117September 13, 2024 1:54 PM

Trump is out of his mind. I'll go out on a limb and guess that one in ten voters want him elected.

by Anonymousreply 118September 13, 2024 2:06 PM

I am thrilled that the Senate is looking into what really happened with the supposed "assassination" attempt... by a registered Republikkkan living in his father's house which was adorned with MAGAt shit-signs.

Where is Shitler's doctor's report on the injury? Don't we, the American people, have a right to see how serious — or not — the "injury" was? "Dr." Ronny Johnson-Jackson, whose had his medical license revoked, btw, claimed that the "bullet" blew a 2cm hole in his ear. That is larger than a penny. Yet, somehow, three days later, his ear was completely healed with no trace of an injury, almost like it was a razor cut when shaving (or when you need blood to spill down your face for a photo op like in professional wrestling).

Where is the report on the gunman's life, including the close examination of his activities leading up to the "attempt"? Why have we seen nothing about him after the initial sparse report that he'd cased the farm, flown a drone, and had explosives with a remote detonator in his car? We're supposed to believe that he had no social media profile? He had communicated with no one in the days leading up to the event?

Why have the Pennsylvania State Police issued no statement, report, or anything about the officers injured by shrapnel, nor any of the other people at the rally who were injured? Why does Mango Mussolini never talk about the killed girl dad?

Why did the Secret Service, charged with protecting Dotard, leave a direct line-of-site building unprotected? At whose orders? Why on every previous rally held at the venue, did they put a SS sniper on that roof... just not this one? Why did people in the crowd become aware of the gunman before the SS? Why did the SS slowly move him off the stage (as compared to other times there's been any incident, in which they get him down and off that stage within 3 seconds or less)? Why did they allow him to expose his entire torso to the camera when there was absolutely no way of them knowing whether or not there was another gunman, or that the gunman had truly been neutralized? And is it really a coincidence that they stopped DonOld at that exact spot, positioning him between a camera and the giant waving flag?

There is a lot about this whole "assassination" attempt to come out.

by Anonymousreply 119September 13, 2024 3:26 PM

The Republicans are financing polls to make it look as if the race is much closer than it is, because they are very busy laying plans to suppress the vote by fucking up the counting. "Lost" mail in ballots is part of the plan and late mail ins are part of the plan. They will also claim ballots were improperly allowed, signatures didn't match, and they will scream fraud at every turn. We have to have a massive turn out and I strongly advise you to make sure you're registered and vote early, in person.

by Anonymousreply 120September 13, 2024 3:27 PM

Trump is already claiming millions of illegals are coming in to rape, rob, ...and illegally vote. LOL! So the criminals, millions of them, are coming here to vote!

by Anonymousreply 121September 13, 2024 3:28 PM

Want to add that it is r ich in irony that Trump feels that our too liberal, radical communist, woke Democrats will allow criminals to vote and to walk around free. Especially since he is a convicted felon who is actually free to run for President.

by Anonymousreply 122September 13, 2024 3:30 PM

I love this insane Loomer woman. She is going to bring all the Republcians down because she sows so much dissent and attacks everyone except Trump 9which is why Trump loves her, given he's so paranoid).

She is the upshot of the Republican party giving far, far too much power to one unstable man like Trump. They will learn a lot of lessons from this, I think.

by Anonymousreply 123September 13, 2024 3:30 PM

[quote]Trump is out of his mind. I'll go out on a limb and guess that one in ten voters want him elected.

That's what I said in 2016. How'd that work out?

by Anonymousreply 124September 13, 2024 3:30 PM

You know, it is just possible that most of the Republicans, like Haley and De Santis, and Rubio, and many others, want Trump to lose and get the fuck out of the way so they can run for office. I would bet that many of them feel like they can beat Harris and reduce her to one term...like the same strategy they had with Obama.

by Anonymousreply 125September 13, 2024 3:36 PM

[quote]hey will learn a lot of lessons from this, I think.

As long as he's around, they will learn nothing.

by Anonymousreply 126September 13, 2024 3:37 PM

R125 here. You know it is obvious a lot of high profile Dems are running around the country help Harris and Walz campaign and fundraise. I have not seen any Republicans running around helping Trump. Even the ones who are running for office are staying away from him.

by Anonymousreply 127September 13, 2024 3:38 PM

The idiots on Reddits premiere conservative watering hole are absolutely in la la land. Since it was revealed to the light that Russia is actively paying some of them ive noticed a lot of the stupidity they spew has been down a bit.

Last time I checked the thread some were actively saying that Donald is a bad choice but hes still better than Kamala....usually there up there sucking his ass and don't acknowledge any faults, ill give it another hour or two before the fragile mod snowflake remove any dissenting comments and just leave a wall of yes men answers.

These snowflakes will have you quickly banned if you say anything that goes against their disinformation. Reddit admins will quickly ban you too if you dare to call them out too. But yeah reddit has become what 4chan used to be, the only good thing they offer now is the copies amount of amateur cocks from their users.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128September 13, 2024 3:50 PM

Kamala should accept the invitation from Fox just to taunt DonOld. And even if he then accepted, there is little doubt that she could handle Hannity, Ingraham or the big-haired loon that replaced Fucker Carlson.

by Anonymousreply 129September 13, 2024 3:50 PM

R2 that’s his diaper.

by Anonymousreply 130September 13, 2024 4:05 PM

[quote] You know, it is just possible that most of the Republicans, like Haley and De Santis, and Rubio, and many others, want Trump to lose and get the fuck out of the way so they can run for office.

It's not going to do DeSantis any good to have him gone. DeSantis is just too extreme: even more than Trump, he wants to be a dictator, and he doesn't play well outside of Florida at all. (In fact, I'll bet the Floridians get rid of him the next time he's up for reelection.)

by Anonymousreply 131September 13, 2024 4:24 PM

I don't want her to debate him or go on Fox or any other nonsense. Let her do Kimmel and Colbert, and fuck t he rest. "There's no time" is a legitimate excuse. Her debate performance was stellar. Flawless. Let it be. She has nothing left to prove IMO and the only direction it could go is down. So no. No mas!

by Anonymousreply 132September 13, 2024 4:35 PM

Assuming he loses. Trump is very unlikely to go away quietly. He will be even more bitter losing to Harris than Biden. That is, unless he’s locked up for a while in New York.

by Anonymousreply 133September 13, 2024 4:35 PM

It would not surprise me if Joe Biden pardons Trump. And then he pardons Hunter. Biden might make it a condition of forcing Trump to not contest the results. He will do it for "Peace."

by Anonymousreply 134September 13, 2024 4:47 PM

Biden can’t pardon Trump for his 34 state felony counts.

by Anonymousreply 135September 13, 2024 5:19 PM

Deathsantis has all the personality of JD Vance.

Neither will ever be President. People hate them.

Yes, there is going to be all sorts of bullshit nonsense with Dump and his cunts trying to overturn the will of the people AGAIN.

The lawsuits will be insane. You can donate to Democracy Docket, which is Kamala’s legal team. Marc knows what’s coming, but they need cash to file the suits.

Look, these fascist pricks aren’t going down easy. They know that once we win again, will pass laws to prevent them from dismantling everything, and close the loopholes they’ve been exploiting.

The window on their dystopian nightmare is closing. Now, let’s slam that window shut, bar it and get on with living.

by Anonymousreply 136September 13, 2024 5:25 PM

R136 FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 137September 13, 2024 5:28 PM

[quote]She needs to take a couple days off from the " battleground states" and appear on network television ( Kimmel,etc) so people can see her in an informal sense. Playing sax on tv did wonders for Bill Clinton. She need to get on tv.

R88, unless it's a primetime sit-down or something at least in a news-like setting, Harris will keep being attacked – on both sides – for "not doing enough serious interviews." We're talking about people who *literally* have a "countdown" stating "VP Harris Hasn't Had A Press Conference In _____ Weeks," on no less than Faux's home page. I agree she needs to get on TV, but keep in mind that it's not like Harris is entirely unflappable. The ONE part of the debate where she visibly stumbled was the first question out of the gate: she was visibly nervous and, even worse, had a canned, ill-considered answer. She perked up mainly because *Trump* then started flailing so badly.

[quote]CBS News, along with partners Univision and The Wall Street Journal, has invited both presidential candidates to participate in an October debate at Arizona State University.

R92, considering this invite was offered *after* Trump already rejected another debate, I wouldn't assume Harris will show up in Trump's absence. Or that CBS would be willing to air one with only a single candidate: a network did that with Biden last time because Trump refused to show for a *scheduled* debate.

Also, their first debate was so astoundingly good for Harris that even without a *single* error, a second one could come off as somehow "lacking in energy." And don't forget that the Orange Cheeto can occasionally be disciplined, and his second debate with Biden in 2020 was a marked shift from the first one where he kept trying to interrupt every 10 seconds.

[quote]Pay no mind to polls. Vote.

YES, THIS. EXACTLY! The pollsters sure as fuck won't tell you, but they've been in an existential crisis for over a decade now. Some of them STILL only reach out to potential voters via landline, never mind that only 3% of Americans adults under 40 have one at home. It's only getting worse, not better, and pollsters are now trying out digital polling, e.g. reaching out to "assumed" voters via text (problem being that cellphone number listings are nearly always imperfect).

Plus, of course, the polls have been off in a solid majority of major US elections ever since '08. If even the two Nates can't get this shit right, who TF can?? Finally, please ignore any arguments about comparisons in general to 2020. It was an election in the middle of a pandemic, in which a massive and unprecedented number of voters opted to vote early/remotely. We obviously won't have that this year.

Finally, if you need any further evidence that the polling scales are rigged, I'd suggest going to Twitter and looking at all the people tearing Nate Silver a new asshole for his absurd poll finding Trump has a 64% chance of winning the EC. His "interesting" new finding comes on heels of the news that Trump bitch boy Peter Thiel gave him $70 million for his new company. Since a Thiel-affiliated pollster saying Trump's pathetic simply won't *do*, he's fucking around with the numbers and about to find out how badly they'll come back to bite him on the ass.

by Anonymousreply 138September 13, 2024 6:12 PM

Those pricks can say what they want. Kamala will be playing to the audience not the media. Fuck them. She goes on Kimmel or Colbert both are capable of asking serious questions to give her an opportunity to discuss her plans. Huge difference from the so called Journalists who simply recite the Republican talking points as questions like Dana Bash or ask the "trap" Gotcha questions like Kaitlin Collins aske Pete Buttegieg. Right now the networks want another Debate. Shit we had 67 million viewers watching that debate. That is ratings GOLD. Fuck all of them.

by Anonymousreply 139September 13, 2024 8:45 PM

What would either Kamala or Dump say in a second debate that would move the numbers?

If there are still dithering undecided idiots, nothing will change that.

However, I do think any talk about close polls will only push Dems to be even more sure to vote and get everyone they know to vote.

by Anonymousreply 140September 13, 2024 9:04 PM

R139, I know Colbert & Kimmel et al can ask thoughtful questions, but late-night shows simply aren't seen as a "serious interview" venue. (I'm not the one who decided this one, so don't shoot the messenger.) "Serious" means sitting down with someone like an evening news anchor for a taped interview in a controlled setting. I personally don't think she should do *any* interviews, actually: aside from appeasing the media, has any presidential candidate who announced during a campaign debate that "I have a plan" ever actually *done* anything about it? AFAIK there has not.

Questions about her record are similarly problematic. Repugs have already tagged her as "border czar," and a reporter can't *not* ask her about his comments. That doesn't alter the reality that it's absurdly unfair that she's expected to "answer for" bullshit propaganda foisted by unambiguously Trump-aligned fascist-wannabes.

by Anonymousreply 141September 13, 2024 9:12 PM

[quote](I'm not the one who decided this one, so don't shoot the messenger.)

Even if I say "pretty please"?

by Anonymousreply 142September 13, 2024 9:27 PM

R141 in the past that would be the correct interpretation of "serious" interviews. But the journalists themselves and their respective networks have marginalized themselves by peddling bullshit. So IMO t hey can no longer claim anything resembling "high ground."

by Anonymousreply 143September 13, 2024 10:09 PM

Late night tv would allow the audience to see her more informally ( as a person). Remember that a large group of the electorate chooses their support on " Who would I like to have a beer with?" She can joke ( something her opponent cannot do), talk a bit about her plans, all in a pressure-free situation. It can be much more effective, rather than hearing the same stump speech delivered only in certain states. Perhaps the rest of the country could get an idea of who she is and why she is the better candidate in every sense.

by Anonymousreply 144September 13, 2024 10:49 PM

I really do wonder if George Bush can really get away without coming out and supporting either Dump or Kamala in this day and age? That he can remain so isolated and private as a former POTUS.

Michelle, get on the phone and work your magic!

by Anonymousreply 145September 13, 2024 11:03 PM

[quote] It would not surprise me if Joe Biden pardons Trump. And then he pardons Hunter. Biden might make it a condition of forcing Trump to not contest the results.

Like Biden would ever make such a deal with Trump.

And like such a deal would ever be legally enforceable!

by Anonymousreply 146September 13, 2024 11:08 PM

Trump has not yet been convicted of federal crimes. No Presidential pardon can be made.

by Anonymousreply 147September 13, 2024 11:14 PM

Loony Loomer sucks his little mushroom dick. She’s obsessed with him.

by Anonymousreply 148September 13, 2024 11:59 PM

[quote] You know, it is just possible that most of the Republicans, like Haley and De Santis, and Rubio, and many others, want Trump to lose and get the fuck out of the way so they can run for office.

"lose"? Hell, just like Melania and his kids, they're wondering when the son-of-a-bitch is finally going to topple over DEAD.

Me, I'd rather he's alive to suffer public shunning and humiliation. Impoverishment would be nice, too.

by Anonymousreply 149September 14, 2024 12:44 AM

R147, he doesn’t have to be convicted. Nixon wasn’t convicted, yet he was pardoned.

by Anonymousreply 150September 14, 2024 3:32 AM

I'm glad there is no third debate.

I actually could see Biden pardoning Trump "for the good of the country" and so that he could also pardon his complete fuck up of a son

remember, Biden did NOT want trump investigated for the insurrection. It was only after the senate investigation that merrick garland kind of had to go forward. He was pushed into investigating trump. But he really didn't want to do that either, because Biden didn't want it. And that's why Biden picked shitty merrick garland. That was the biggest fuck up of his entire term in office, selecting garland. Had Biden not been such a damned fool, trump would be in jail. But no, Joe was hoping the repugs would leave his son alone if he laid off of trump

by Anonymousreply 151September 14, 2024 3:44 AM

R145, I wonder, since his friendship with Michelle, if maybe he worries about tainting any endorsement he could make.

by Anonymousreply 152September 14, 2024 3:58 AM

So true r151. And I agree, it was a poor judgment on the part of Joe and his team. AND his team should have challenged him on it *hard* because I bet it was an unnamed elephant in the room, his fears for Hunter. He might have openly discussed it on a surface level, but it absolutely has to tap into some primal fear as a parent. And as Nancy says, you have to have an almost reptilian ability to remove all emotion from the equation. So Joe made some decisions based upon some (understandable) fear, and it cost all of us. I can possibly understand Joe resisting prosecution of Trump only because he’s old and traditional — I don’t agree with it, but I get how he landed on it. But Merrick? That was a failure. As in, worthy of termination.

But at the end of the day, I still don’t fault Joe. He is human, and mistakes do get made, it’s just reality. People do their best, but nothing is perfect 100% of the time. If we didn’t have traitors in Congress, picking Garland wouldn’t have mattered as much. And ultimately, what was done to Hunter falls onto the disgraceful and disgusting GOP, which we now know without a doubt has actual paid traitors working for Russia in it. Why did they do it? They sold us out for fucking MONEY. That’s it. MONEY. If Russia paid right-wing influencers $100K per week, just *imagine* what they’re paying members of Congress!!

Understand, you have been bent over and raped by the very people who are supposed to be protecting you. We’ve all been betrayed on the highest level possible. Beyond Benedict Arnold or anything in the fucking Civil War. It sounds like we may be getting real answers on the shooting soon. I do hope we get the truth before Election Day. It could be what we need to win.

by Anonymousreply 153September 14, 2024 4:09 AM

I don’t even care about that stupid shooting.

The idiot missed that HUGE ASS fucking target.

by Anonymousreply 154September 14, 2024 4:38 AM

r152, I fear you give George Bush too much credit for thinking seriously.

by Anonymousreply 155September 14, 2024 12:21 PM

Trump keeps claiming ( as he has done for years) that he doesn't know other people whom he has clearly met or consulted, programs and policies that he has espoused ( Project 2025), and everything that might bring criticism upon him. why hasn't a reporter asked, " If you don't remember these people or policies, how can the American people trust you to remember anything in office? why should we not be concerned with your mental competence?"

by Anonymousreply 156September 14, 2024 12:30 PM

I'd also wish someone, maybe even Kamala, would say to him: Well, if you don't know what Project 2025 is, you'd better learn because everyone who created it and are involved with it are some of your most rabid supporters.

by Anonymousreply 157September 14, 2024 12:35 PM

Please, r38. There Will Be Blood wasn't even the best film of 2007.

by Anonymousreply 158September 14, 2024 3:02 PM

[quote]I actually could see Biden pardoning Trump "for the good of the country" and so that he could also pardon his complete fuck up of a son

To start, tell us you're a troll without telling us you're a troll.

There will be no Biden pardon of Trump. Period. The most obvious explanation is that it would be a reputation- and legacy-destroying move. I am not alone when I say that I would never forgive Biden for issuing this pardon. Never. And Biden knows that Trump is a criminal deserving of indictment, trial and imprisonment. If anything, pardoning Trump would make the situation exponentially worse; it would encourage other MAGAts to follow in Shitler's footsteps.

DonOld, however, is not above begging for a pardon after he loses the election, or at least, telling the world that he'll go away if Biden pardons him. It is a trap. The Orange Menace is leaving the public stage in one way: in a coffin. And even then, his legacy will linger for decades. The only way to remove the Mango stain is to prosecute, convict and incarcerate him.

With regard to a pardon for Hunter... it is entirely warranted. He has been prosecuted solely for political purposes. The FBI plainly stated that they do not prosecute the gun/lies-on-documents matter unless the gun was used in commission of another crime. Hunter was in possession of the gun for less than a week, voluntarily surrendered the gun, and admitted his actions. They even had a plea deal, but MAGA blew it up at the last minute. With regard to the tax issues, the IRS stated and routinely does not prosecute delinquency or filing matters when the accused pays it all off including interest and penalties. Hunter is being singled out for one reason: he's Joe Biden's son. And despite saying he wouldn't pardon Hunter before stepping out of the campaign, he should issue the pardon [italic]after the election[/italic] saying it is for the good of the nation that he puts the matter behind us.

That he would be accused of hypocrisy from the party of hypocrites is to be expected. Whether Biden pardons Hunter or not, he will have accusations of this/that/the other thing well past his death. He might as well do the right thing and put this matter behind us for good.

And finally, as for "his complete fuck up of a son," speaking as an average person with a family full of addicts and questionable actors, Hunter is no "fuck up of a son." He's an addict who, to his credit, is in recovery. It takes a lot for someone to go from the throws of addiction to functioning member of society. It is a testament to Joe and Jill's parenting that Hunter has recovered. In almost any other circumstance, we'd be standing and cheering for this success; only in MAGAt America is a recovered addict leading a productive life a bad thing, and again, it all comes down to one thing: his last name is Biden.

by Anonymousreply 159September 14, 2024 4:14 PM

r151 is also:

*Cunt Stephen Miller provides details about deporting 20 million people*

[quote]OP, how much do you think it costs to house, clothe, feed & provide medical care for these immigrants?

[quote]They are having a real problem with these illegals in Ohio. As much as I don't like Ohio, I realize these types of situations could very easily be coming to my town or a town near me.

[quote]You should all be worried. You don't want these people near you or your homes.

by Anonymousreply 160September 14, 2024 4:21 PM

Can't we exile Trump to Elba?

by Anonymousreply 161September 14, 2024 4:44 PM

If you don't know of or have a loved one who is an addict, count yourself lucky. Demonizing those in recovery (as an entire political party and some of the other political party have done), demonizes everyday Americans' loved ones. It keeps addicts from recovering. It helps no one, other than one traitorous old man who will be dead in less than a decade and who gives absolutely zero fucks about you.

I would say this were it Don, Jr who we were talking about. I personally think he needs help and I sincerely hope he gets it before it's too late.

by Anonymousreply 162September 14, 2024 4:59 PM

I was getting ready to tear R151 & R153 a pair of new assholes, but R159 beat me to it. Nicely done!

The suggestion that Biden would EVER pardon Trump is absurd. If he was going to pardon someone guaranteed to piss off a large percentage of the electorate, he'd do so for HIS OWN SON who's had a few fuck-ups but – unless all of the Trump spawn – appears to be a basically good person. But he's not, because he has principles. (If he didn't have principles, he could simply order that Trump be killed if he wins the election. The Supreme Court already gave him a free pass with their idiotic presidential immunity ruling.)

[quote]But Merrick? That was a failure. As in, worthy of termination.

I have no idea where this utterly warped notion came from, but why on EARTH was it even a "failure" – let alone "worthy of termination" – to appoint Garland as AG? Are you even aware of the THOUSANDS of cases the DOJ has prosecuted against the collective asshole right-wingers of America, with all the fuckers who participated in Jan. 6 at the top of the list? Do you even know that the Hunter Biden investigation was nothing more than a minute part of a remarkably successful term as AG?

Finally, I'll just go ahead and assume you've forgotten – presumably due to excessive poppers use – that Moscow Mitch spent nearly a YEAR denying Garland's SCOTUS confirmation hearings. Obama nominated him for the bench for good reason, and Biden appointed him as AG for those same reasons as well as some MUCH-deserved karmic payback.

by Anonymousreply 163September 14, 2024 8:30 PM

[quote] Hunter is no "fuck up of a son." He's an addict

Oh yes, he is a complete & utter fuck up. Everything he touches turns to shit. He's disgusting. Filming all the depraved shit he was getting up to? Tape recording calls to all these overseas people. He's so stupid. That little piece of shit really was trying his dad in trouble. There's no other reason for him to record all of that. And what he didn't record, he wrote down. He truly is a fucking idiot. This "poor Hunter, he's an addict" bullshit is what got him into so much trouble. He's only in recovery because he has a lot of minders keeping tabs on him 24 hours a day.

I've met & know lot of addicts. Hundreds. Maybe a thousand. I worked at a Behavioral Health Hospital (drug rehab) for almost a decade. None of them were as stupid as Hunter. NONE. He has a kid with a stripper and he refuses to have anything to do with her. The mother had to beg them to let the kid meet Joe & Jill (who also wanted nothing to do with her either).

And I saw the house he used to live in. It had something like 4 or 5 deadbolts on the door. I can't even imagine what kind of shit he got up to when he lived there. But I'm sure he videotaped it & wrote every single thing down and put it on his computer for all eternity. He's depraved. I've NEVER seen a house with that many locks, not even in the worst areas of NYC. Screwing his sister in law (and making sure to document every second of it). No wonder his kids don't want anything to do with him & are always with Jill & Joe. He's a seriously gigantic fuck up

by Anonymousreply 164September 14, 2024 9:42 PM

I'm embarrassed to admit this but I wasn't paying nearly enough attention to politics during Obama's Presidency.

Can anyone briefly explain to me how McConnell and the Repugs were able to repeatedly (and apparently lawfully) keep Garland off the Supreme Court and yet Dump virtually walked Amy Coney Barett in in the last months of his reign?

by Anonymousreply 165September 14, 2024 9:48 PM

Who knew they had Behavior Health Hospitals in Russia?

by Anonymousreply 166September 14, 2024 9:56 PM

They had the Senate majority under both Obama and Trump. For Garland, they refused to hold hearings. Scalia died in February. For Barrett, they had already lowered the threshold to a simple majority. Democrats couldn’t block it. RBJ died in September. They rammed Barrett through in 39 days, merrily celebrating with a Covid spreading event.

by Anonymousreply 167September 14, 2024 9:57 PM

Because turtle was in charge of the senste, r165.

And he just stonewalled the nomination.

Which is why we MUST HOLD the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 168September 14, 2024 9:58 PM

The Senate Judiciary Committee, controlled by Republikkkans, refused to hold confirmation hearings and a vote on Obama's nomination of Garland. McTurtle, in another of his racist ploys, openly stated that he would not allow Obama another SCOTUS nomination saying it was "too close" to a presidential election, still a year out from the nomination, and they didn't. They called it "the McConnell rule" until RBG died. The Republikkkans still held the majority, and [italic]then[/italic] they rammed through Amy Coney Handmaiden less than a month before the election in one of if not the fastest SCOTUS nominations and hearings in history.

Utter hypocrisy.

(The exemption from the filibuster for SCOTUS nominations was removed in 2013, well before Obama nominated Garland, R167.)

by Anonymousreply 169September 14, 2024 10:06 PM

Sorry, r167, no snark but you have a number of factual errors, including the one you called me out on.

McConnell called it the “Biden rule,” misrepresenting Biden’s warning to Reagan not to nominate a replacement close to the election if there was a vacancy. There wasn’t. Also, Biden was saying he should wait until after the election in this hypothetical.

Scalia did not die a year out. It was February, Garland was nominated in March, Trump won in November. I suppose they could have had hearings after the election, but obviously that was not going to happen.

The Democrats removed the supermajority requirement for judges EXCEPT the Supreme Court in 2013 after Republicans filibustered almost all of Obama’s nominations. Republicans vowed revenge, which they delivered in 2017 when they also removed the supermajority requirement for the Supreme Court justices.

by Anonymousreply 170September 14, 2024 10:18 PM

Only your second post, r164?

by Anonymousreply 171September 14, 2024 11:20 PM

R171, stop it. If you ignore someone, you don’t see their entire posting history. It’s only posts from threads you have participated in. I see 12 posts from 4 different threads for r164.

by Anonymousreply 172September 14, 2024 11:32 PM

[quote]I see 12 posts from 4 different threads for [R164]

I guess we don't travel in the same circles, r172. Are his other posts as overwrought and judgmental?

by Anonymousreply 173September 15, 2024 1:06 AM

It's not how it works, R172, but it's a moot point here.

by Anonymousreply 174September 15, 2024 1:10 AM

How many times do I have to "oh, dear" this error?

[quote]for someone to go from the throws of addiction

It's [bold]throes[/bold], R159, throes. What was he throwing -- a javelin?

Back in the day, people would have said you were "throw'd off."

by Anonymousreply 175September 15, 2024 2:13 AM

“They don’t like my world salad? Well I guess I won’t show up!”

by Anonymousreply 176September 15, 2024 2:23 AM

Well R175, apparently once more... with gusto. Bravo!

Feel better?

by Anonymousreply 177September 15, 2024 3:09 PM

My coworker threatens to “tho sumthin” at me almost every day.

She’s in the throes of throwin

by Anonymousreply 178September 15, 2024 5:08 PM

[quote]RBJ died in September.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 179September 15, 2024 10:49 PM

Obama could have sued McConnell to get his pick. But he didn't feel like it.

Sorry ladies, you are that important. And you weren't worth wasting political capital on in order to codify Roe when the Democrats had the opportunity to do it

by Anonymousreply 180September 16, 2024 3:28 AM

R180 - "trolling, trolling, trolling on the river ... "

by Anonymousreply 181September 16, 2024 4:07 AM

R180, the Dems haven’t had the opportunity to codify Roe for years. As you’re an American who should understand the political process, I’m surprised to see you.r post. Oh wait…

by Anonymousreply 182September 16, 2024 12:28 PM

R182, The could have done it when Obama was president. But Obama didn't want to waste the political capitol on abortion rights.

The democrats watched as the republicans worked NIGHT AND DAY to overturn Roe and every aspect of abortion. And they DID NOTHING

There is NO EXCUSE for not codifying Roe when they did have the CHANCES

by Anonymousreply 183September 16, 2024 12:31 PM

Also, the president suing Congress to take action? If that’s possible, why are we always having government shutdowns?

by Anonymousreply 184September 16, 2024 12:31 PM

R183, they could never have gotten 2/3rds of the Senate. Don’t you know how bill passages work? So just stop with your bleating. And you’re right r184. Under our laws, nothing Obama could have done would have forced McConnell to put his SC nomination to a vote, including a lawsuit.

R180 is obviously a foreign/Russian troll who has no idea how our system works. Luckily we do.

by Anonymousreply 185September 16, 2024 12:35 PM

[quote]- "trolling, trolling, trolling on the river ... "

The truth hurts. The democrats could have codified Roe when Obama was president. It's the fault of Obama, o'connell and ruth bader ginsburg that Roe was overturned. The democrats let women down.

R180, why didn't the democrats codify roe when they had the chances? They saw that the republicans had been trying to overturn Roe & every aspect of it. So why didn't they codify it when they had the chance? You yourself ADMIT they could have codified it. So why didn't they?

by Anonymousreply 186September 16, 2024 12:41 PM

Humiliation from a BLACK woman.

by Anonymousreply 187September 16, 2024 12:42 PM

R180 is wrong. Period.

The Democrats have not had any opportunity to codify Roe. Simply, abortion is a polarizing issue that has bedeviled the US for 50+ years since the SCOTUS granted the right to an abortion, and probably a hundred years before that, at least since man learned how to [italic]safely[/italic] perform medical abortions. And until public support for abortion finally reached the status it presently has with a clear majority of Americans in support of a woman's right to choose, abortion has been [italic]the[/italic] third-rail issue in American politics.

As a topic that has divided the nation, abortion requires a filibuster-proof majority to pass any codification. There has never been 60 votes in the Senate in favor of passing abortion, even when the Democrats briefly had a filibuster-proof majority for a few months in 2017. There were anti-choice Democrats in office, R180, and they would not agree to codify Roe. We could not get 60 senators to agree on basic and core Democratic principles like healthcare reform; we couldn't even get agreement that pre-existing conditions should be banned as a reason for insurance coverage denial, and just to get that what now seems as common sense measure passed, it took months of wheeling and dealing. All it took was one of the 60 Democratic senators and any measure would fail. Abortion was not going to be codified so long as men like Joe Manchin and women like Blanche Lincoln were in the Senate.

To act as though Democrats didn't codify Roe because they were lazy or incompetent is disingenuous. Attitudes toward abortion have fundamentally changed since the Democrats last held a filibuster-proof majority with the country now (that the right has been ripped away) in support. It's willful ignorance to suggest that the single issue that has divided the nation for more than half a century was as easy as passing a post office renaming bill.

And even today with the widespread support for abortion rights hovering between 65% and 70%, it's going to be nearly impossible for Congress to pass a bill that Kamala will sign. Any effort would require that either we nuke the filibuster completely (which I believe to be a very bad idea) or perform a carve-out like the way that Harry Reid carved out an exception for SCOTUS judges... as we all see how badly that worked out (which is why I believe it to be a very bad idea).

Which brings up the last point I'll make as to why any effort to codify Roe is going to be the most challenging issue: any bill would immediately be challenged by Republicans in the courts and with this SCOTUS, it would not survive. So for there to be meaningful and lasting abortion reform, the Democrats would have to pass a bill, get it signed, and alter the makeup of the SCOTUS such that any challenge would not be struck down. And the only way to finally and forever settle the issue would take a Constitutional amendment - which requires two-thirds of the House and Senate and 3/4ths of the States to agree.

With the stranglehold religious conservatives hold in our government, it's going to take a major political shift unlike anything we've seen in modern times. The last time we saw a comparable political shift, it took a worldwide depression and a second world war to achieve, and that change only lasted about 20 years before the religious and radical right regained enough strength to bring progress to a halt.

by Anonymousreply 188September 16, 2024 1:30 PM

What are the differences and similarities between Trump vs. Hillary and Trump vs. Kamala? It seems like young voters were quite wary of Mrs. Clinton at the time.

by Anonymousreply 189September 16, 2024 1:39 PM

Thanks r188. You provided an excellent analysis. Much appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 190September 16, 2024 2:20 PM

[quote]Humiliation from a BLACK woman.

Humiliation from an ASIAN woman. Technically, Kamala Harris is Asian, not black.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191September 16, 2024 3:22 PM

As has been stated previously r189 (either in this thread or another, sorry I forgot where), Hillary had 30 years of baggage that the reich wing mediasphere had attached to her.

She had been in politics for 30 years in 2016 and was loathed by many. There was decades of lies and smears that dump and his kkkabal used every time her name was mentioned.

Therefore, the cult was already primed to believe the worst about her.

Kamala, OTOH, hasn’t had a long public profile. Many people only found out about her in 2020. There hasn’t been enough time for the Reich wing smear campaign to get off the ground.

As you may have heard, some of the MAGAts and the orange traitor want to sue Joe for dropping out of the race. See, they already had their smears ready but now they got NOTHING and they’re butt hurt.

by Anonymousreply 192September 16, 2024 5:52 PM

Thanks r192. But even many Democrats were reluctant about Hillary weren’t they?

by Anonymousreply 193September 16, 2024 6:07 PM

Many *Bernie Bros* refused to vote for her and they helped elect Dumpster.

by Anonymousreply 194September 16, 2024 6:35 PM

[quote]But even many Democrats were reluctant about Hillary weren’t they?

She won the popular vote, r193. Hillary walked so that Kamala can fly.

by Anonymousreply 195September 16, 2024 6:45 PM

R188, they managed to codify gay marriage.

by Anonymousreply 196September 16, 2024 7:41 PM

[quote]they managed to codify gay marriage.

When, r196?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197September 16, 2024 7:52 PM

And Clearance “I’m Bought” Thomas pretty much told God and everybody that the next gay marriage or contraception challenge that makes it to those cunts will be successful so they should file.

And they will. So don’t think gay marriage, interracial marriage, or even contraception is safe. It’s not and the cunt on the court has told his religious nutters to bring challenges so those precedents can be overturned.

by Anonymousreply 198September 16, 2024 9:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!