Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Linda Ronstadt tells Trump and Vance "You're No Good"

Basically told them to fuck off, but in her own lovely way.....

GO LINDA!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44September 15, 2024 12:26 PM

the list of artist who have forbad trump from using their music reads like the phone book

by Anonymousreply 1September 12, 2024 2:49 PM

You need to see the photo from her Instagram. Still beautiful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 12, 2024 2:52 PM

Wonderful photo at R2! I just love that so much. She looks older and yet still is absolutely Linda in a beautiful way. Wish more rich and famous women like Madonna would understand what is lost when you go in for drastic plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 3September 12, 2024 2:57 PM

Linda stands up to bigoted Howard Stern and his Uncle Tomasina enabler.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 12, 2024 3:00 PM

Still classy and beautiful. Not an angry message but filled with the outrage and disgust we're all feeling.

by Anonymousreply 5September 12, 2024 3:03 PM

Honest, articulate, and fully aware of the issues. Just like when she was singing about heartbreak in 1976, when "Hasten down the Wind," "Down So Low," and "Try Me Again" were my theme songs of the moment.

by Anonymousreply 6September 12, 2024 3:10 PM

It's a pity she's half forgotten. She deserves to be as well remembered as other artists from her generation like Stevie Nicks and Bruce Springsteen.

by Anonymousreply 7September 12, 2024 3:17 PM

[quote]She deserves to be as well remembered as other artists from her generation like Stevie Nicks and Bruce Springsteen.

She is remembered by me.

by Anonymousreply 8September 12, 2024 3:19 PM

I was wondering if she would say something since the building is named for her. Good on you, Linda!!

by Anonymousreply 9September 12, 2024 3:24 PM

But Trump still has Kid Rock, Ted Nugent, and Lee Greenwood!

I bet it kills him that all of the best musicians/singers hate him and are filing cease and desists when he pirates their songs. He's stuck with the Z list losers. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

by Anonymousreply 10September 12, 2024 3:36 PM

R7: She had a slight comeback recently when THE LAST OF US included 'Long Long Time' in the most popular episode of the season (The one starring Nick Offerman and Murray Bartlett). Sales of her greatest hits albums climbed the charts.

R4: I remember listening to Howard Stern's show when Robin returned from her Tonight Show appearance. As expected, Howard took the low road, but Robin was still incensed by the exchange and she was laughing and joining HS as he put LR down, mostly for her weight. It was awful.

by Anonymousreply 11September 12, 2024 3:41 PM

Lovely lady, beautifully written message.

by Anonymousreply 12September 12, 2024 3:41 PM

Side note, related, so Trump is going to do a speech in Tucson AZ this afternoon. Why at the Linda Ronstadt Music Hall? That is a lovely space but it only has 2100 seats (i just checked), it's not that big.

Guess he can't fill the big arenas like he used to in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 13September 12, 2024 3:44 PM

An incredible message. So personal and articulate. Because Trump was holding a rally in a building that bears her name, she felt she had to speak out.

by Anonymousreply 14September 12, 2024 3:44 PM

I donā€™t think sheā€™s forgotten but sheā€™s retired and extremely private. Nicks and Springsteen tour regularly and have a big media presence

by Anonymousreply 15September 12, 2024 3:57 PM

Love her

by Anonymousreply 16September 12, 2024 4:44 PM

I love that DL has a dedicated Linda Troll.

Love you Linda Troll! Keep on keeping on! āœŒļø ā˜®ļø šŸ’œ

by Anonymousreply 17September 12, 2024 5:54 PM

Glad to hear from Linda.

by Anonymousreply 18September 12, 2024 6:17 PM

I couldnā€™t give a shit if I tried

by Anonymousreply 19September 12, 2024 6:42 PM

That episode of TLOU was so good, Iā€™m glad it got her a new audience. The letter is perfect. He is unworthy.

by Anonymousreply 20September 12, 2024 6:43 PM

Sad ass r20

by Anonymousreply 21September 12, 2024 6:45 PM

Iā€™m sure there are several Linda Ronstadt trolls here. I count myself as one also. Hasten Down the Wind is one of my all-time favorite albums.

by Anonymousreply 22September 12, 2024 7:15 PM

Bend over and break wind is my favorite of hers

by Anonymousreply 23September 12, 2024 7:18 PM

You go, Linda! Loved her already but love her even more now.

by Anonymousreply 24September 12, 2024 7:25 PM

lol how pathetic

by Anonymousreply 25September 12, 2024 7:26 PM

So she won't be writing in Jerry Brown?

by Anonymousreply 26September 12, 2024 7:29 PM

That is precisely why, R13. Also, he has to pay up front for venues and he's not exactly flush with cash.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27September 12, 2024 7:48 PM

And you just know no one will dare leave because Kamala told the world that everyone leaves during these rallies.

by Anonymousreply 28September 12, 2024 7:50 PM

Omg r28 youā€™re right. Theyā€™ll all be walking zombies by the end of Dumpā€™s speech.

by Anonymousreply 29September 12, 2024 7:52 PM

I'd like to see Robin and Linda get together for a joint endorsement of Harris.

by Anonymousreply 30September 12, 2024 8:05 PM

Some of you sad fat cunts think you're hilarious.

You are not.

by Anonymousreply 31September 12, 2024 8:19 PM

They're paid to waddle through the gates to up the attendance numbers, but are then free to leave.

by Anonymousreply 32September 12, 2024 8:27 PM

[quote]I remember listening to Howard Stern's show when Robin returned from her Tonight Show appearance. As expected, Howard took the low road, but Robin was still incensed by the exchange and she was laughing and joining HS as he put LR down, mostly for her weight. It was awful.

A lot of it was juvenile, but he did bring up that she played Sun City in 1983, going against a UN boycott of South Africa because of apartheid. And how the UN simply asked her to apologize and agree to not perform there again, but she publicly refused for years. Her reasoning was that the last place for a boycott was in the arts, which I kind of agreed with. But given how liberal she's always been and how active she's been in defending the Latino community against bigotry, it was a baffling move for her to make, and she didn't come off good at all.

Never saw the documentary on her, but is the Sun City debacle addressed?

by Anonymousreply 33September 12, 2024 9:44 PM

It took Howard Stern 25 years to change his toxic bigoted narrative and become the more thoughtful commentator he is today. I believe he felt he needed that public persona for notoriety and to stay successful. While I like him today, he will always have that stain from his past years of demeaning people who were different and vulnerable.

by Anonymousreply 34September 12, 2024 9:44 PM

[quote]But given how liberal she's always been and how active she's been in defending the Latino community against bigotry

Isn't she only like 1/4 Latino?

by Anonymousreply 35September 12, 2024 9:49 PM

Thank you šŸ™ so much, r2. I was unaware Linda was on instagram.

by Anonymousreply 36September 12, 2024 11:27 PM

Meanwhile, someone of us write evergreen songs that apply for decades. Donnie & JD definitely think my song is about them.

by Anonymousreply 37September 12, 2024 11:35 PM

Carly don't make me put you in a headlock again. Stupid bitch.

by Anonymousreply 38September 12, 2024 11:50 PM

Dear Linda,

You're so good,

You're so good,

You're so good,

Baby, you're so good.

by Anonymousreply 39September 13, 2024 12:40 AM

She doesnā€™t know where she is

by Anonymousreply 40September 13, 2024 12:57 AM

Don't be a dick. She has Parkinsons, not Alzheimers.

by Anonymousreply 41September 13, 2024 1:16 AM

r41 It's actually a Parkinsonā€™s-like disorder called progressive supranuclear palsy.

by Anonymousreply 42September 13, 2024 2:45 AM

she's my goat

by Anonymousreply 43September 14, 2024 10:20 PM

yes I'm sure she smells like a goat r43

by Anonymousreply 44September 15, 2024 12:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!