Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Free Mason?

Has something weird happen. Gorgeous dude came over to assemble some furniture. Moving back into my house so not everything is in order yet. He was DEAF. No problem, fine. We were communicating via his phone on the typing page. Guess he couldn't read lips well. In any case at the end he points to my wall of six photos hanging up with two on the ground to the left. He goes, "are you a free mason?" I said no. Why do you ask? Just curious, I'm learning how they operate he said. I knew I would look it up later so I asked if he was one. He said no, I believe in God directly. I said I did too and quickly got him out of my fucking house. Strangest question I've ever been asked in my life. Looked it up. The pictures assembled that way may have been some sign? ahahha anyone know what the F that was about?

by Anonymousreply 25September 13, 2024 8:34 PM

2 B 1 ask 1

by Anonymousreply 1September 12, 2024 11:35 AM

OP you gave me a heart attack with that post title. I thought our dear Mason Reese had been arrested.

by Anonymousreply 2September 12, 2024 11:38 AM

Oops

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 12, 2024 11:39 AM

Your title should have been freebasing OP. Because it looks like that's what you've been doing. What a bizarre post.

by Anonymousreply 4September 12, 2024 11:48 AM

Somewhat related and also pointless post: I seem to have triggered some Facebook algorithm that insists I should be friends with Moosie Drier.

by Anonymousreply 5September 13, 2024 3:06 AM

Lots of guys were joining in college when I was pledging a Greek frat. This was Prince Hall (African American), so they all wore nylon frat jackets that were popular at HBCUs. I thought it looked a little desperate to make your org look like a frat, but they were all cool generally, especially my crab brethren from the marching band. I heard someone say they crawled naked through the temple during one of their rits, but that's all I know. Ironically being naked was also a part of our last frat ritual, though it probably serves a different allegorical purpose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 13, 2024 3:24 AM

Freemasons don't advertise their membership. And usually aren't college age. And definitely aren't black.

by Anonymousreply 7September 13, 2024 4:32 AM

Free Willy!

by Anonymousreply 8September 13, 2024 4:35 AM

He was just asking questions, OP. Like every other kook in America these days.

by Anonymousreply 9September 13, 2024 4:37 AM

My father is a Mason who, last time I looked, is Black, r7. Their chapter of Freemasonry is known as "Prince Hall Masonry."

by Anonymousreply 10September 13, 2024 5:06 AM

The Freemasons?

by Anonymousreply 11September 13, 2024 5:09 AM

I stand by my statement. Freemasons are not a college frat and don't have merch.

by Anonymousreply 12September 13, 2024 5:12 AM

My friend is a black mason built like a brick shithouse. I hired him to build a wall around my natural swimming hole. He looked at my hole and said he'd have to lay some thick pipe to get the job done but since he was a free mason he could handle the pipe work as well.

by Anonymousreply 13September 13, 2024 5:13 AM

*It's shit brickhouse R13.

It sounds like your friend has a black pipelaying job. Trump loves those and is very concerned and protective of those jobs.

by Anonymousreply 14September 13, 2024 5:16 AM

He's a mason so a brick shithouse. I meant what I said. A black free mason who can lay thick pipe because he's not in the union.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 13, 2024 5:25 AM

I'm starting to think OP might be a troll.

by Anonymousreply 16September 13, 2024 5:36 AM

Weird story, but I don't think it's that confusing, OP. There's something about one or more of your photos that reminded him of free masonry or one of its symbols. Conspiracy theorist types are into that symbolism and stuff. He probably thinks they're evil based on his "worship god directly" comment. So yeah, probably not the type of guy you'd want to hang around despite his good looks.

by Anonymousreply 17September 13, 2024 6:01 AM

[quote]OP: Just curious, I'm learning how they operate he said. I knew I would look it up later so I asked if he was one. He said no, I believe in God directly.

Sounds like an evangelical who's been handed antimasonic Christian propaganda (stuff's been going around since the early 19th century) and is practicing the fine art of mason-spotting. °–°

[quote]R7: Freemasons don't advertise their membership.

Like hell they don't. They have rings, beltbuckles, lapel pins, and bumper stickers, as well as any number of coded ways of identifying themselves to people in the know for purposes of securing preferential treatment.

[quote]R7: And definitely aren't black.

Prince Hall masons are.

But white masons will often say, if they're being candid, that Prince Hall isn't 'real' masonry. White freemasonry has a profound amount of overlap with Klan membership, dating back to Reconstruction Era and the early 20th century, when the Klan used to have a huge public footprint.

by Anonymousreply 18September 13, 2024 6:35 AM

r16 No way, really?

by Anonymousreply 19September 13, 2024 9:45 AM

What are the perks and advantages of being a freemason?

by Anonymousreply 20September 13, 2024 10:23 AM

r20

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21September 13, 2024 10:26 AM

[quote] he points to my wall of six photos hanging up with two on the ground to the left. He goes, "are you a free mason?" I said no.

Not sure that I understand OPś description of the photos. In any case I'm trying to Miss Marple the clue of the photos.

Were the six hanging photos arranged in a column, by chance? (Columns are a frequent symbol in freemasony.) Or might the photos have been of men giving awards/diplomas to other men? (some diplomas or certifications might look vaguely like masonic certificates of some sort.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22September 13, 2024 10:50 AM

The Masons are an antiquated and dying cult and yes they had/have connections to the KKK.

Their gimmick is pretty simple, making ordinary working guys feel part of something mystical and mysterious.

The Free Masons , like $cientology and the Catholic church, are withering away.

The Masons are now running recruitment ads on the radio.

by Anonymousreply 23September 13, 2024 10:55 AM

My post at R1 I got directly from a Masonic bumper sticker, R7. There are Masonic symbols you can put on your car as well. How do I know? My grandfather was a Mason.

He tried desperately to get his son-in-law (my father) to join, but my dad wasn't having it.

Then he dumped his wife (my grandmother) and moved in with his secretary, which in 1968, was quite the scandal, especially since he never divorced my grandmother. I personally think it was because my grandmother needed his insurance through his job, which his secretary already had.

So they kicked him out of the Masons. He was some high degree, and he wore the ring until then -- but they must have shown up at his funeral in spite of his delinquency; by the time I got there, they had put a Masonic symbol in his coffin.

And it is pretty much like joining a fraternity -- you make connections with other men who can "help" you with things. So it definitely has its perqs.

And Prince Hall guys? No one can tell me [bold]you're[/bold] "faking" being black on DL, because not many white people even know about them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 13, 2024 11:58 AM

[quote]R24: And Prince Hall guys? No one can tell me you're "faking" being black on DL, because not many white people even know about them.

Hon, I'm afraid I have to tell you that the believability threshold for being Black on DL is considerably higher than that.

by Anonymousreply 25September 13, 2024 8:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!