Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Insufferable pro-Hamas actor Mark Ruffalo now demands SAG-AFTRA save him from the consequences of free speech!

The Hollywood Reporter shrieks-

[italic]Mark Ruffalo, Ramy Youssef and More Call on SAG-AFTRA Leaders to Protect Pro-Palestine Members From Being Blacklisted[/italic]

The massive list of pro-"Palestine", pro-Hamas low-information fauxgressives like Cynthia Nixon (gag) are starting to get nervous their blatant anti-Semitism will affect their acting careers in Hollywood! Outrageous nonsense!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118September 17, 2024 6:06 AM

Yikes, I was such a fan of Ramy Youssef as well, what a disappointment.

by Anonymousreply 1September 11, 2024 5:39 PM

Mark Ruffalo seems like a completely insufferable asshat.

by Anonymousreply 2September 11, 2024 5:59 PM

All liberals seeking justice are all nuts and sluts but he’s apparently the exception due to his maga loyalty?

by Anonymousreply 3September 11, 2024 6:10 PM

^^ blue maga loyalty

by Anonymousreply 4September 11, 2024 6:11 PM

I remember someone joking on Twitter a few years ago that every Ruffalo tweet sounds something like, “Net neutrality is a Black woman.”

by Anonymousreply 5September 11, 2024 6:36 PM

Oh Dear. How Sad. Never Mind

by Anonymousreply 6September 11, 2024 6:39 PM

Good for them for standing up for what is right.

by Anonymousreply 7September 11, 2024 6:46 PM

No one who supports people who support terrorism against Israel should be a given a free pass.

by Anonymousreply 8September 11, 2024 7:47 PM

Fuck him...I used to think he was cute. Now he is as insufferable as Susie S now

by Anonymousreply 9September 11, 2024 7:54 PM

If what he's doing is so right why is he afraid of the consequences?

by Anonymousreply 10September 11, 2024 8:40 PM

Play stupid games, Mark...

by Anonymousreply 11September 11, 2024 8:41 PM

Perhaps he's anti-Hamas and anti-Israeli government, OP?

by Anonymousreply 12September 11, 2024 8:50 PM

R10 would you think it’s ok for you to lose your job if you were advocating for something which you believe to be right like, oh i dunno, gay rights for instance? Would you be afraid of those consequences? Like come on.

by Anonymousreply 13September 11, 2024 8:57 PM

r13, "Hollywood" is not a centralized hiring office.

Anybody on earth can finance a feature film. I make a living as a union actor and I never go to Hollywood. Ruffalo is bizarrely demanding his labor union protect him from people who find him offensive and full of shit. Free speech has no such mechanism. Say and advocate for whatever you wish, but grow the fuck up to the fact that no matter how famous and pampered you are, you can't police people into liking you.

by Anonymousreply 14September 11, 2024 9:02 PM

Who says he is pro-Hamas?

by Anonymousreply 15September 11, 2024 9:04 PM

Pro-Hamas r15 is anyone who dares to criticise the Israeli Government. It’s a lazy slur that works by shutting down any opposing comment.

by Anonymousreply 16September 11, 2024 9:29 PM

Anything that Susan "I elected Trump" Sarandon is for, I am against.

by Anonymousreply 17September 11, 2024 9:33 PM

[quote]Who says he is pro-Hamas?

Hon!

by Anonymousreply 18September 11, 2024 9:36 PM

People who say Israel is committing genocide would have been the same people who echoed Goebbels’ sentiments that Churchill was the real villain of WWII and that the attack on Dresden was genocide.

by Anonymousreply 19September 11, 2024 9:36 PM

You can be supportive of Israel, which I am, while believing they are committing genocide.

by Anonymousreply 20September 11, 2024 9:41 PM

Ruffalo is one of the most in-demand actors in Hollywood. He's currently working on 5 projects as we speak. Good actors work regardless of their views, like Sean Penn, Sarandon and Jenna Ortega.

by Anonymousreply 21September 11, 2024 9:44 PM

I guess we have to just ASSUME he is anti-hamas. I don't think he has said one word against them for the longest. If you are rallying against Israel with both guns blazing yet say NOTHING against the terrors on the other side except some boilerplate lip service, what are people suppose to believe? If you don't openly condemn Hamas at least half as much as you condemn Israel, you are Pro-hamas in my book.

by Anonymousreply 23September 11, 2024 10:05 PM

[quote] If you don't openly condemn Hamas at least half as much as you condemn Israel, you are Pro-hamas in my book.

This is so braindead.

by Anonymousreply 24September 11, 2024 10:14 PM

I have absolutely no problem with what Israel is doing right now. I 100% know if the shoe were on the other foot, Isreal would have been wiped out a long time ago. There is no "high road" when it comes to survival. These people have no interest in working with Israel, establishing a two party state. They're just getting their ass kicked. They are nut jobs who can't tamp down the rhetoric long enough to save their own skin. At least learn how to fake it, damn. Religion strikes again, driving people batshit crazy. Where is your god now?

by Anonymousreply 25September 11, 2024 10:15 PM

it's logic r24.

by Anonymousreply 26September 11, 2024 10:16 PM

OP is busy labeling progressives as antisemitic but probably loves Tucker Carlson who platforms Holocaust deniers

Fuck off, Republicans

by Anonymousreply 27September 11, 2024 10:18 PM

R26 if we’re going by your “logic” and talking about the human tragedy, many times more Palestinian lives have been lost. Around 40 times more. So unless you’re condemning Israel at least 40 times more than Hamas, then you’re placing more value on Israeli lives than that of Palestinian lives.

by Anonymousreply 28September 11, 2024 10:19 PM

R25, even people in Israel are criticizing what Netanyahu is doing

Republicans are weird. You guys don't even give a shit about Jews and probably can't find Israel on a map. You just don't like Muslims

You don't care about antisemitism when it's Neo Nazi white boys saying "Jews will not replace us"

by Anonymousreply 29September 11, 2024 10:20 PM

On one hand yeah I guess you should be able to advocate for causes you believe in and not be fired or unemployable for it. The fact is though that part of being an actor is that the projects you may have to be marketable and if you do or say things because a large segment of the population not to see you as unlikable then projects with which you're associated won't make money. Image will always be a factor and if you become unbankable nobody will employ you.

by Anonymousreply 30September 11, 2024 10:26 PM

I stayed with Mark Ruffalo at 2002 Sundance FF. He was lovely.

by Anonymousreply 31September 11, 2024 10:37 PM

Hollywood studios have an unfortunate history of blacklisting employees. Protecting SAG-AFTRA workers from a blacklist is not an unreasonable request from union members. If Ruffalo or one of his fellow travelers is not hired, though, it might be because he or she or they is unlikeable to the point of being unbankable.

by Anonymousreply 32September 11, 2024 11:44 PM

Ramy Youssef has a beautiful dick

by Anonymousreply 33September 11, 2024 11:45 PM

[quote]Oh, fuck off. Jew.

Wow. Really?

The strength of your argument is clear to everyone now!

Don't you have store windows to be smashing?

by Anonymousreply 34September 12, 2024 2:02 AM

[quote]if we’re going by your “logic” and talking about the human tragedy, many times more Palestinian lives have been lost. Around 40 times more.

Yeah, maybe electing terrorists as their leaders and cheering on terrorist attacks against Israeli civilians isn't really turning out so well for them decade after decade, huh?

by Anonymousreply 35September 12, 2024 2:07 AM

Personally, I hate cross-eyed red-headed Albanians.

But I say it on a shit anonymous site!

by Anonymousreply 36September 12, 2024 2:12 AM

[quote]Hollywood studios have an unfortunate history of blacklisting employees.

Well, that was about seventy years ago when the film business was hyper centralized, which is not the case today.

NOBODY can protect anyone from the consequences of their actions and speech if it turns out to be unpopular. It is ridiculous to suggest so. The Hollywood Blacklist during the Red Scare was shameful, but not illegal. The studios did not think it was in their own self interest to be thought of by the public of hiring Communists.

by Anonymousreply 37September 12, 2024 2:14 AM

The headline isn’t borne out by the contents of the petition itself, which is asking their union to demand a ceasefire of Israel. It’s not about blacklisting.

by Anonymousreply 38September 12, 2024 2:17 AM

Palestinians support Hamas, a terrorist organization. Pro-Palestine actors are Hamas supporters.

by Anonymousreply 39September 12, 2024 2:19 AM

[quote] Oh, fuck off. Jew.

[quote] If he loses work then he is a martyr in my view.

Well that was quick. 22 replies in and the anti-semitic mask fell off. already. To nobodies great surprise though

by Anonymousreply 40September 12, 2024 2:29 AM

I've only heard of folks at the top of the list and I find all of them except Ramy and Common obnoixious for a varity of reasons. All of these people at the top of the list are millionaires many times over. They do not strike me as being in need of union protection from the consequences of their political opinions. Also, this smacks of targeting Fran Drescher because she's Jewish. How does a call for a ceasefire protect the others on the list from blacklisting?

by Anonymousreply 41September 12, 2024 2:37 AM

Got into it with him on Twitter back in 2016. Then had a little fun...

He kept going on and on about Hillary and how terrible she was, war monger, etc...finally I responded back to him with, "Thank you Mr. Ruffalo. You have definitely opened my eyes politically. I will be at the polls first thing Tuesday morning to cast my vote for Donald Trump."

He wrote back, "NOOOOO! That is not what you should do."

Essentially this douche wanted me to vote Hillary but be angry it was not Bernie that I was voting for. So I responded with, "But this is what you are saying Mr. Actor Man. I'm sorry I am not as intelligent as a guy who recites other people's words for millions of dollars."

by Anonymousreply 42September 12, 2024 2:40 AM

He's a bad actor and a bad person.

by Anonymousreply 43September 12, 2024 2:44 AM

[quote] Yeah, maybe electing terrorists as their leaders and cheering on terrorist attacks against Israeli civilians isn't really turning out so well for them decade after decade, huh?

Do we need to play the videos of Israelis sitting around in deck chairs watching bombs dropping on Gaza as their Friday evening entertainment or….?

Israel needs to stop interfering in Gaza and the West Bank, return the stolen lands, and release them from apartheid and subjugation. They should stop committing war crime after war crime while they’re at it.

by Anonymousreply 44September 12, 2024 3:15 AM

[quote]To nobodies great surprise though

Your sentiments are correct, but your English is atrocious.

Oh, dear x 2.

by Anonymousreply 45September 12, 2024 3:18 AM

Israel bombed a refugee camp yesterday. The size of the crater indicates the types of bombs they’re using on civilians.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46September 12, 2024 3:21 AM

[Quote] The massive list of pro-"Palestine",

In scare quotes because we are hellbent on annihilating it and to destroy anyone who gets in our way.

by Anonymousreply 47September 12, 2024 3:24 AM

R16 How stupid are you? On 10/7/23 Palestinians invaded Israel and murdered, kidnapped and raped Jews. You and your non existent “genocide” can get lost. Hamas literally wants to genocide Jews. Anyone who holds a one year old and five year old hostage is not a victim. Hamas started this and they can end it at any time. Release the hostages rather than starving them in their rat tunnels and shooting them in the head when the IDF gets close to rescuing them. Good thing it wasn’t up to me because after that, I’d inform Egypt that they better pull down their wall because in 3 days I was going to turn Gaza into a fucking parking lot.

I’m sick of the religion of peace, their terrorism, their crime and their desire to turn any nation they enter into an Islamist caliphate. The Uk and Europe better act. The US too.

by Anonymousreply 48September 12, 2024 5:06 AM

[Quote] How stupid are you? On 10/7/23 Palestinians invaded Israel and murdered, kidnapped and raped Jews

Why did they do that, ziono fash?

Maybe because you thieving murderers invaded their country, stole it, killed thousands, invaded their refugee areas, killed more, stole more land, and crushingly oppressed the refugees?

Murdering pigs. Then you have the nerve to scream your heads off when they strike back — HOW DARE THEY RETALIATE???

by Anonymousreply 49September 12, 2024 5:28 AM

R49 How stupid are you? The Jewish people have only had one land to which they are indigenous and that is their national homeland. If Israel is an imperial or colonizing power, it would be the first case in history of an indigenous people colonizing its own country. The Palestinian-Arab people belong to the most successful colonizers in world history. Today, there are 22 Arab nations and 57 Islamic countries. (Arabs are from Arabia.) They are the colonizers. Pick up a book before you embarrass yourself again.

by Anonymousreply 50September 12, 2024 7:09 AM

If you want sharia law, stay in your country where sharia law exists. We don’t want you to export your terrorism, your misogyny, your murders of gays or your general oppression. We don’t need your fatwas when someone writes something you don’t like. We don’t want an Islamist caliphate ghetto. Islamists aren’t compatible with western democracies. The end.

by Anonymousreply 51September 12, 2024 7:23 AM

[quote] then you’re placing more value on Israeli lives than that of Palestinian lives.

I certainly am. Palestinians have proven themselves too stupid to survive. They elect a terrorist group instead of a functioning government? And then savagely attack an enemy 10x stronger than them? It’s what you call natural selection.

by Anonymousreply 52September 12, 2024 7:26 AM

R52 you are the type of person that enabled the holocaust to happen.

by Anonymousreply 53September 12, 2024 7:54 AM

[quote]Hamas literally wants to genocide Jews.

R48 is absolutely right - its right there in their constitution - see this line in Article thirteen for example;

[quote]There is no solution for the Palestinian question except through Jihad. Initiatives, proposals and international conferences are all a waste of time and vain endeavors

This war is not about land, it is about religion, as R50 understands

And I see there is already idiots on this thread throwing around the word "Zionist" like it's an evil word - they must be the fucking dumbest shitheads on the planet. The aim of Zionism was to establish “a national home for the Jewish people secured by public law.”, in other words a national home for the Jewish people, the need for which has and is being proven throughout history. So if the fuckwit anti-Zionists got their way there would be 7 million plus displaced, stateless refugees floating around in a particularly hostile region. I wouldnt call that "progressive", quite the opposite.

Either their cognitive dissonance is extremely strong, or - more likely - they just hate Jews

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54September 12, 2024 8:07 AM

[quote] You and your non existent “genocide” can get lost. Hamas literally wants to genocide Jews.

This sentence combo is so spectacularly stupid.

by Anonymousreply 55September 12, 2024 8:10 AM

Lots of ignorant people here.

by Anonymousreply 56September 12, 2024 8:48 AM

Mark, just STFU and spread your hole.

by Anonymousreply 57September 12, 2024 2:28 PM

SAG AFTRA has 160,000 and so 700 of them signed off on the Hamas talking points and cry victim.

Not a single mention or call to release the hostages in this letter

These fools deserve to be blacklisted for stupidity alone.

by Anonymousreply 58September 12, 2024 3:23 PM

I don't care what they say, Jews run Hollywood. And if I were Jewish, I would be fucking proud of that, honestly. So any idiot that wants a Hollywood career would be dumb as fuck to openly support terrorist whose sole goal in this life and the next is to exterminate Jews. It's called trying to have your cake and eat it too. It's not possible.

by Anonymousreply 59September 12, 2024 9:24 PM

R2 And he's the most boring actor on the surface of the Earth.

by Anonymousreply 60September 12, 2024 9:26 PM

Throughout history R53, the Jews have given us the best of everything that is important to humanity - science, mathematics, art, music, fashion, writing, comedy, philosophy. Everything that it means to be a human being and moving humanity forward, the Jews have contributed to and excelled in. THEY didn't deserve a holocaust, that's why theirs hurt the humanity so deeply. A great loss. Everyone deserves to live until they have proven themselves over and over again to be too dumb and incapable of doing so through their collective choices. Then I can't defend them from their fate.

by Anonymousreply 61September 12, 2024 9:36 PM

The Jews wrote "Singin' in the Rain"!

by Anonymousreply 62September 13, 2024 4:27 AM

[quote]R15: Who says he is pro-Hamas?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63September 13, 2024 7:10 AM

Standing up for what you believe in but with no sacrifice or hardship. Sounds about right for this group.

by Anonymousreply 64September 13, 2024 11:10 AM

r59 for the win! Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

by Anonymousreply 65September 13, 2024 11:23 AM

[quote] The Jews wrote "Singin' in the Rain"!

No, three people who happen to be Jewish wrote it. Stop saying The Jews. It’s antisemitic.

by Anonymousreply 66September 13, 2024 1:24 PM

r66 forgot their funnybone today.

Joke killers are offensive.

by Anonymousreply 67September 13, 2024 3:21 PM

Philosemitism (aka Judeophilia) is antisemitism in disguise.

by Anonymousreply 68September 13, 2024 3:24 PM

R66 is correct. Don’t say “the Jews” when you should be referring to a specific person or set of individuals.

by Anonymousreply 69September 13, 2024 3:26 PM

Whole lotta weapons-grade stupidity in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 70September 13, 2024 3:30 PM

Are there any sane moderates in Hollywood?

by Anonymousreply 71September 13, 2024 3:35 PM

[quote]Don’t say “the Jews” when you should be referring to a specific person or set of individuals

Don't be such a literalist. It was clearly meant ironically. Besides, people tend to use the collective when they're proud of some accomplishment they would like to take credit for: "The Dutch built Manhattan."

Calling anti-war protesters "pro-Hamas" puts you on a par with neo-messianic reactionaries Itamar Ben-Gvir and Bezalel Smotrich. Ben Gvir's nickname for Israeli news daily Haaretz is "Hamas Daily."

by Anonymousreply 72September 13, 2024 3:40 PM

I need to examine his goods before rendering an opinion!

by Anonymousreply 73September 13, 2024 3:45 PM

[quote]pro-"Palestine", pro-Hamas low-information fauxgressives like Cynthia Nixon (gag) are starting to get nervous their blatant anti-Semitism will affect their acting careers in Hollywood!

Doesn’t Cynthia Nixon have Jewish kids??

by Anonymousreply 74September 13, 2024 3:47 PM

Isn’t Skank Sarandon’s expiration date coming up soon?

by Anonymousreply 75September 13, 2024 3:52 PM

[quote] Don't be such a literalist. It was clearly meant ironically.

And now you know to stop doing it.

by Anonymousreply 76September 13, 2024 4:28 PM

Not the same poster, R76.

"The Jews wrote" is just a sloppy way of saying "A Jewish person wrote." People less literal-minded and overly sensitive than you have no trouble understanding that.

by Anonymousreply 77September 13, 2024 4:38 PM

[quote] No, three people who happen to be Jewish wrote it. Stop saying The Jews. It’s antisemitic.

I think you don't get it. I read "The Jews wrote Singin' in the Rain" as pro-Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 78September 13, 2024 4:43 PM

No more films with Ruffalo and Sarandon and Nixon? Not a national disaster. They have a right to their opinions. However, they do not have a right to force these opinions on others, including the powers that be in American and Foreign film industries. If they piss off these people with their in-your-face opinions, then they may indeed suffer hirable consequences.

by Anonymousreply 79September 13, 2024 5:09 PM

You don't fuck with the Jews.

by Anonymousreply 80September 13, 2024 6:12 PM

It serves him right if he loses work. If I did this at my work, insulted or questioned the nationality/religion of the owners of my company, I'd be fired. None of the company owner's friends or associates would hire me either. I'd officially be blackballed. I do not say a word under my real name on social media. I don't mention politics or religion in the office either.

Do these people not understand this? He saw what happened to Mel Gibson and plenty of other people. And he thinks this is ok? And that no one will get mad at him?

If nothing else, his ranting & raving against Israel could easily create a distracting, bad influence on the set. It creates a "hostile environment". A studio would be crazy to hire him.

I haven't watched any of his projects in probably a decade. No big loss. Bye

by Anonymousreply 81September 13, 2024 6:15 PM

[quote] Calling anti-war protesters "pro-Hamas" puts you on a par with neo-messianic reactionaries Itamar Ben-Gvir and Bezalel Smotrich. Ben Gvir's nickname for Israeli news daily Haaretz is "Hamas Daily."

No it doesn't. These shitty protestors happily ignoring the crimes of Hamas, the kidnappings, the rapes, the beatings, the drugging the women, etc, etc - is what makes them Pro-Hamas

Anyone who ignores the fact that there are still hostages is effectively Pro-Hamas.

by Anonymousreply 82September 13, 2024 6:27 PM

His heart is in the right place, but he lacks a baseline of knowledge of the region and its history and politics. I saw him in an interview where it was clear from his doubtful expression that he did not know which territories Israel gained control over in the Six-Day War of 1967 (the Sinai peninsula, the Golan Heights, the West Bank, the Gaza Strip, and East Jerusalem). He clearly did not know what the "pre-1967 borders" referred to. He did not appear to know that European racism was a major driver of pre-1930 immigration into Israel. Overall, he seemed quite ignorant, reinforcing the "ditzy actor" stereotype. Let it be clear: I don't think he's stupid at all, just uninformed.

by Anonymousreply 83September 13, 2024 6:31 PM

**I don't know why he hasn't "educated himself" (as they like to say), especially before a media appearance. You can be as critical of Israel as you like, but at least show evidence of wide reading.

by Anonymousreply 84September 13, 2024 6:36 PM

R12 Don't bother. On this site if you are against the Israeli government and them bombing innocent people, you are automatically pro Hamas and antisemite. For a site that has a lot smart people that think rationally when it comes to certain things, there sure are a lot of dumbasses

by Anonymousreply 85September 13, 2024 6:41 PM

I wish it were limited to this site, R85.

by Anonymousreply 86September 13, 2024 6:45 PM

Free speech is not absolute. You are free to say whatever you like in this country. You are not free from the consequences of said speech.

by Anonymousreply 87September 13, 2024 6:51 PM

[quote] [R12] Don't bother. On this site if you are against the Israeli government and them bombing innocent people, you are automatically pro Hamas and antisemite. For a site that has a lot smart people that think rationally when it comes to certain things, there sure are a lot of dumbasses

If you want peace then it goes further than saying ‘Israel are bombing innocent people’, you have to accept that Palestinians/Hamas are playing the main role in keeping this conflict going.

‘40,000 dead!’ - how many of those are Hamas members, fighting age men?

How many rockets are still being fired into Israel each day from Gaza? How should Israel react?

And for the ‘Ruffalo’s heart is in the right place’ defenders, how many times can you defend the stupidity of a man obsessed with Israel? He apologised and deleted a tweet about the murdered hostage Hersh. The man is blind to the wrongdoings of any other country that isn’t Israel. Now why is that?

by Anonymousreply 88September 13, 2024 7:23 PM

[quote]The man is blind to the wrongdoings of any other country that isn’t Israel. Now why is that?

He's your run-of-the-mill liberal activist, embracing environmental causes (anti-fracking, renewable energy, climate change), plus LGBTQ rights and racial equality. He also considers himself a feminist. You can think of that what you like, but at least he has a record as a long-time political activist for many causes, including NYC politics. He has endorsed Bernie Sanders in the U.S. and Jeremy Corbyn in the U.K., so he's far left by U.S. standards.

In any case, you can be sure he's not posting the reply "Was it tit or cunt cancer?" on the "Kate Lied About Her Health" thread, like you.

[quote]In a 2020 cover story for Variety, Ruffalo explained that his political activism began during the 1990 Gulf War. “It was just the injustice of it and the enormous lie that was foisted on us,” he said.

[quote]In October 2019, Ruffalo tweeted that "until George W. Bush is brought to justice for the crimes of the Iraq War, (including American-led torture, Iraqi deaths & displacement, and the deep scars—emotional & otherwise—inflicted on our military that served his folly), we can't even begin to talk about kindness

How, exactly, do you know that he is "blind to the wrongdoings of any other country that isn't Israel"?

BTW, he was recently also called out for "islamophobia", so if he's an antisemite as well (which you imply), at least he's an equal-opportunity bigot:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89September 13, 2024 7:51 PM

R85 If you didn’t speak up about the thousands upon thousands of rockets fired into Israeli civilian areas but now cry about Israel hitting Hamas targets in Gaza just take your bullshit elsewhere. Hamas embeds itself among civilian spaces. That enhances causalities you dumbass.

You are taking your numbers of causalities from the Gaza Ministry of Health. That demonstrates you would have been gullible enough to believe Goebbels. That isn’t a compliment.

by Anonymousreply 90September 13, 2024 8:33 PM

R89 How does speaking against the Christian right-wing nuts have anything to do with Islam?

by Anonymousreply 91September 13, 2024 8:35 PM

[quote]He has endorsed Bernie Sanders in the U.S.

Endorsing Bernie Sanders is the same thing as throwing your vote away, which is the same thing as supporting Trump.

by Anonymousreply 92September 13, 2024 8:39 PM

It's right there in the article, R91.

[quote]“White liberals will really not miss any opportunity to use Islam as the standard of what needs to be purged. White Christian nationalism is the founding ideology of your whole country; what the f*** do Muslims and Sharia [laws] have to do with it?” wrote political comedian Aamer Rahman.

[quote]“Making sure you see how Islamophobic you’re being here, my guy,” wrote media critic Sana Saeed. Another X user, Cinema Shogun, wrote, “Wow, I had no idea Mark Ruffalo was this Islamophobic. I’m going to throw all of my Avengers DVDs in the trash now.”

[quote]Dozens more replies to Ruffalo’s post echoed these sentiments. Since the start of the war between Israel and Hamas, US progressives have gone so far in their quest to delegitimize Israel and support Hamas that now even criticizing Sharia law and the Taliban raises their ire.

by Anonymousreply 93September 13, 2024 8:39 PM

Mark Ruffalo is the very definition of a dilettante.

by Anonymousreply 94September 13, 2024 8:54 PM

R93 Look around. It’s not conservatives who are wearing keffiyeh, blocking streets, limiting Jewish students movement on campus, setting up tents, supporting Hamas etc. It’s liberals.

by Anonymousreply 95September 13, 2024 10:03 PM

R90 “Casualties.” I was a passenger in a car.

by Anonymousreply 96September 13, 2024 11:42 PM

I see the "Free Palestine" Ruffalistas are childishly interrupting today's Kamala Harris rally in Pennsylvania.

Do they think helping to elect Trump will solve anything?

Typical assholes.

by Anonymousreply 97September 14, 2024 12:00 AM

R88, and supposedly there's all these tens of thousands of dead palestinians, but Hamas still won't release the hostages. The animals in hamas love raping so much that they don't care how many of their citizens die. That is Palestine's government. It's a price they are willing to pay to keep on raping Israeli citizens. And Palestinians support this. I don't feel bad for them. All Hamas has to do is release the hostages, but they want to keep raping. Israel has a right to get their citizens back.

I can't understand people defending rapists who torture people.

by Anonymousreply 98September 14, 2024 1:41 AM

[quote]Typical assholes.

Typical ignorant assholes. Either they stupidly think trump will care and actually help Palestine (even though his grandchildren are Jewish) or they haven't even given any consideration into what trump will do. Either way, they are just stupid. Do they not realize that Kamala Harris's husband is Jewish?

And before these kidnappings, I was always against Israel because of what they have done to Palestine. I still don't like them, but I despise what Hamas has done & continues to do, even more.

by Anonymousreply 99September 14, 2024 1:50 AM

Pfft. There are around 10,000 Palestinians in prisons in Israel, illegally transported across international lines, most with no trial set, or explanation given for their detention. These are hostages. If you’re upset by the Israeli hostages in Gaza, and not upset by 100x amount of Palestinian hostages in Israel, then you’re just not being honest with yourself sorry! And guess what, the Israeli prison guards are raping those prisoners, there are videos of it, and Israel even put their own prison guards on trial for doing so.

by Anonymousreply 100September 14, 2024 3:24 AM

r100 = terrorism apologist

by Anonymousreply 101September 14, 2024 4:44 AM

We actually had some good, serious, well-informed, and even (mostly) civil discussions here in the aftermath of October 7. It's too bad some of those threads were removed soon after; they were of a higher level than what we've become accustomed to at here at DL.

by Anonymousreply 102September 14, 2024 4:49 AM

The Palestinian prisoners who were released by Israel earlier this year were convicted of attempted murder, assaulting police officers, rock-throwing, hurling firebombs, arson, and/or possession of firearms or explosives. Not hostages.

by Anonymousreply 103September 14, 2024 7:44 PM

[quote] illegally transported across international lines,

Which international "lines?"

by Anonymousreply 104September 14, 2024 8:34 PM

FWIW, Yahya Sinwar, the Hamas leader responsible for the October 7 attack was an Israeli prisoner released in a 2011 swap for Gilad Shalit. Sinwar was imprisoned for murdering two Israelis and two Palestinians.

by Anonymousreply 105September 14, 2024 8:37 PM

[quote]Which international "lines?"

I was going to say something about that also, but the person who wrote it is such a loon that I didn't bother.

by Anonymousreply 106September 14, 2024 10:31 PM

[quote] The 17-year-old had been released from prison the night before, nearly five months after being arrested in a 4am Israeli military raid on the home.

[quote] Yazen had been held under "administrative detention" - a longstanding security policy, inherited from the British, that allows the Israeli state to imprison people indefinitely without charge, and without presenting any evidence against them.

These people are hostages too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107September 14, 2024 11:04 PM

^he should have asked his parents not to elect a terrorist group as their representative government. He should have begged them for a better future. Nope!

by Anonymousreply 108September 14, 2024 11:07 PM

R108 I could say on the other hand all of the Israeli hostages should have asked their parents not to support what was being done in Gaza and the West Bank, but that would be unhelpful and fairly stupid as a “gotcha” lol. But go off girl haha.

by Anonymousreply 109September 14, 2024 11:15 PM

Ramy Youssef looks like a teddy bear.

by Anonymousreply 110September 14, 2024 11:18 PM

The most relevant paragraphs:

[quote]Israel says that its use of the policy is compliant with international law and a necessary preventative measure to combat terrorism. Maurice Hirsch, a former director of military prosecutions for the West Bank, from 2013 to 2016, told the BBC that Israel was "not only meeting international law but far surpassing it", by allowing detainees to appeal and ensuring that their detentions were reviewed every six months.

[quote]Maurice Hirsch, the former director of military prosecutions, said that it would be wrong to draw any conclusions from the limited information available. "There's a very stark difference between the openly available evidence against these terrorists and what the intelligence information carries," he said.

[quote]"We see administrative detention being used by the Americans in Guantanamo, so we know that this measure is internationally recognised and accepted," he added. "And since this is an internationally accepted measure, why should it be only Israel that is prevented from using it, when we are dealing with probably the highest terror threat that anyone has ever seen?"

by Anonymousreply 111September 14, 2024 11:57 PM

Historically, Conservatives in Hollywood have been quietly blacklisted. That's why you don't hear many stars expressing political views. They save their opinion for the voting booth,

by Anonymousreply 112September 15, 2024 12:14 AM

Yes the Israeli director of military prosecutions is the perfect unbiased source R111. You people have nothing. And using Guantanamo as a reference that’s supposed to bolster your point? Give me a fucking break.

I am honestly shocked at how many commenters on here have their brains controlled by a mix of pro Israeli and anti Muslim propaganda to the point where you’re cheering on the deaths of thousands upon thousands of civilians, around half of whom are children.

by Anonymousreply 113September 15, 2024 12:18 AM

[quote]you’re cheering on the deaths of thousands upon thousands of civilians, around half of whom are children.

Since Hamas is completely responsible for all of those Palestinian deaths, having triggered the unavoidable and proper response from Israel, they should be dealt with severely.

by Anonymousreply 114September 15, 2024 1:21 AM

R114 Israel is responsible for the Palestinian civilian deaths that they have caused. Don’t patronize them. They’re being so reckless with their bombing campaign that they’re killing thousands of civilians and an enormous amount of children.

I mean they killed their own on Oct 7th see article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115September 15, 2024 3:53 AM

r115, if you cut down a tree and the tree falls on you and your family, killing all of them, then, yes, technically the tree is the cause of death, but you, the perpetrator, is who is responsible. Hamas is 100% responsible for the deaths of both the Palestinians and the Israelis.

by Anonymousreply 116September 15, 2024 4:05 AM

Not only would it be unhelpful and stupid as you yourself pointed out r109, you’d be wrong as well.

by Anonymousreply 117September 15, 2024 7:48 AM

Like I said, reckless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118September 17, 2024 6:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!