Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Patti LuPone says Madonna and Kim K can’t act

“I saw [Madonna] in a movie and I went, ‘Um ok.’ You know, there’s just somethings people can’t do […] everybody can’t do everything. Like Kim f**king Kardashian, can we go there?”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 15, 2024 3:11 PM

[quote]Patti LuPone says Madonna and Kim K can’t act

She's right, OP...so?

by Anonymousreply 1September 10, 2024 8:04 PM

R1 But why she keep saying it. It’s starting to become a lil bit suspect. Because you can keep it real, state your opinion on a matter but then move on. Patti is a very talented Broadway actress. Why make being a cunt your final act. Which makes me think there is actually some mafuckin jealousy involved.

by Anonymousreply 2September 10, 2024 8:19 PM

I remember Madonna singing/acting ‘Don’t cry for me Argentina’.

I wept.

by Anonymousreply 3September 10, 2024 8:23 PM

Those table challenges can be fun, but there is not a lot of substance to them. They go on and on and answering the questions doesn't uncover much dirt or palpably real responses. To extend the wing metaphor, there's not a lot of meat on them bones.

by Anonymousreply 4September 10, 2024 8:59 PM

Patti, spreading her hate and division. She’s an unmedicated, personality disordered loon.

by Anonymousreply 5September 10, 2024 9:05 PM

"... can we go there?”

No, no one wants to talk to you, you hatchet-faced hag. You've milked a couple big-mouthed 1980s musicals for decades now.

by Anonymousreply 6September 10, 2024 9:10 PM

Wait... Madonna can't act?! Great Caesar's Ghost! Stop the presses!

Here I had thought all this time she was the next Eleanora Duse!

by Anonymousreply 7September 10, 2024 9:12 PM

It kills her that Madonna and Kim K. are stars and household names and no one outside 50+ Broadway queens know LuPone.

by Anonymousreply 8September 10, 2024 9:15 PM

I know who she is and I’m an under 40 mixed race black. But then again I am a rather unusual cunt.

by Anonymousreply 9September 10, 2024 9:18 PM

Patti thought that she deserved the same career as Streisand, but she had neither the talent, looks, or star quality to ever achieve anything close to that.

by Anonymousreply 10September 10, 2024 9:24 PM

Madonna was great in the movie of Evita, a film that required close ups of the actress in the role.

Patti was perfect for the stage production where the audiences needed to hear Evita’a voice in the back rows and the exaggerated mannerisms.

by Anonymousreply 11September 10, 2024 9:25 PM

[quote]Patti, spreading her hate and division. She’s an unmedicated, personality disordered loon.

So she's her character from Beau is Afraid IRL then? I don't know anything about Lupone.

by Anonymousreply 12September 10, 2024 9:53 PM

In that Hot Ones, she says of all the times she lost the Tony, the one she should have beaten was Joanna Gleason for Into The Woods. She was Reno Sweeney. Talk about delusion and classlessness.

by Anonymousreply 13September 10, 2024 11:04 PM

low hanging fruit

she has more to say about MANY others and is biting her lip

by Anonymousreply 14September 10, 2024 11:28 PM

Keep going, Patti.

Work your way up from the asshole of acting to the "undeservingly rewarded and honored" ones!

by Anonymousreply 15September 10, 2024 11:35 PM

What CAN Kardashian do except show her lumpy tits?

by Anonymousreply 16September 10, 2024 11:53 PM

R16, make billions of dollars and never say anything negative about anyone else in the process.

by Anonymousreply 17September 11, 2024 12:00 AM

R17, you must have missed her BS joke about going to "look for Kate" before the cancer reveal video.

by Anonymousreply 18September 11, 2024 11:54 AM

And in other news, Patti LuPone has also revealed that water is wet, fire burns and we breathe air. After that, she's received the National Medal of Stating the Obvious.

by Anonymousreply 19September 11, 2024 12:01 PM

Remember perms?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 15, 2024 1:54 PM

Neither could that damn Corky!

by Anonymousreply 21September 15, 2024 1:57 PM

R17 only possible to believe of you think passive aggression isn’t negative.

by Anonymousreply 22September 15, 2024 3:00 PM

Oh, I can think of other people who can't act...

by Anonymousreply 23September 15, 2024 3:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!