Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful Friends: Kris Kristofferson's 557 acre ranch

It sounds like the California Coastal Commission has put severe restrictions on what you can do with those acres. No photos of living spaces.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21September 10, 2024 4:04 AM

Lotus Point!

by Anonymousreply 1September 9, 2024 10:33 PM

I guess KK needs the money.

by Anonymousreply 2September 9, 2024 10:37 PM

Stunning

by Anonymousreply 3September 9, 2024 10:38 PM

Gorgeous property. I wonder how liveable the main house is?

by Anonymousreply 4September 9, 2024 10:41 PM

[quote] I wonder how liveable the main house is?

It must be a dump, otherwise they would have shown some interiors.

by Anonymousreply 5September 9, 2024 10:46 PM

Unless we see the kitchen, bathrooms and bedrooms this thread is useless.

by Anonymousreply 6September 9, 2024 10:50 PM

It's beautiful, and a huge chunk of land.

by Anonymousreply 7September 9, 2024 10:50 PM

That is a beautiful area, but very remote with a significant drive for any amenities. I've stayed in lovely cliffside B&B there 3 times.

Gorgeous and lovely to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there, to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 8September 9, 2024 10:52 PM

Gorgeous piece of land. Mendocino is stunning, too. That part of the CA coast is kinda paradise.

by Anonymousreply 9September 9, 2024 11:03 PM

Beautiful place but it's truly a ranch, a property and not a house

One of the buildings shown obviously is or was a house, but it's quite modest in size and design, a little tumbledown in appearance. The various descriptions of the property indicate it was used only as an occasional retreat, by Kristofferson and his children "several times over the years."

It had been a dairy farm when KK purchased it, and he leased out about 390 acres for cattle grazing.

This from a Robb Report notice if the property listing:

[quote]Dating back to the 1800s, the legacy ranch began as a dairy farm and still includes some of the original structures. In addition to the 2,400-square-foot barn that Kristofferson and his wife used as a vacation house, there is also a 1,900-square-foot ranch house, a dairy barn, and a feed barn, all of which are in need of a little TLC.

by Anonymousreply 10September 9, 2024 11:12 PM

The listing refers to it as "vacant land."

by Anonymousreply 11September 9, 2024 11:20 PM

How “Green Acres” of his designers!

by Anonymousreply 12September 9, 2024 11:49 PM

r8 there's somehow a Michelin star rated restaurant in this remote village.

by Anonymousreply 13September 10, 2024 1:06 AM

[quote] I guess KK needs the money.

Or that he's almost 90.

by Anonymousreply 14September 10, 2024 1:15 AM

As beautiful as the location is, I wouldn't want a highway in front of my house.

by Anonymousreply 15September 10, 2024 1:27 AM

I was thinking the same thing, R16. 557 acres and the main house is right next to the highway.

by Anonymousreply 16September 10, 2024 1:34 AM

Odd bird. He went from studying at Oxford to sweeping floors. Oh well, I guess it paid off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 10, 2024 1:41 AM

He was a beautiful man in his youth.

by Anonymousreply 18September 10, 2024 1:53 AM

r13 yes there is; I believe it's "newer."

In any case, I didn't visit it on any of my stays.

It's been a good 15 years since my stays.

by Anonymousreply 19September 10, 2024 1:53 AM

R19, did you enjoy your stay? Is it worth it for an out-of-stater or no? I think San Jose airport might be the closest….

by Anonymousreply 20September 10, 2024 3:49 AM

I loved it enough to return 2 more times after my initial visit. Winter months are nice because whale watching are a possibility. No cell service, but that may have changed. That was a real benefit at the time though...I was visiting there with a significant other each time so we really loved being disconnected. Gorgeous views.

It's been many years though, so I'm not sure how it is now. SJC is definitely not the closest - SFO is for major airport. Even better and closer to fly into Santa Rosa (STS), which cuts off at least an hour and a half of commute.

The place I'm talking about is Elk Cove Inn. I still get their promo emails. They are not cheap though. I've stayed in one of the cottages, as well as an oceanfront suite. Loved both.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21September 10, 2024 4:04 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!