Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Beyoncé shut out of Country Music Award nominations

Will there be riots?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139September 17, 2024 1:47 AM

Orville Peck as well!

by Anonymousreply 1September 9, 2024 7:00 PM

Ye would protest in person, but he’s been immobilized by his giant tank of nitrous.

by Anonymousreply 2September 9, 2024 7:06 PM

Wait until the Grammys or AMAs. I'm not surprised by CMAs not nominating her - they know their racist base of rural nose pickers.

by Anonymousreply 3September 9, 2024 7:08 PM

She is not being nominated because hip hop and dance songs adorned with a few steel guitar arpeggios, banjo scales and hand-claps, don't make a country album. Also, the songs are mostly horrendous concoctions that have an average of six "songwriters" each, and just as many producers. The decision to not give Beyoncé an award every year and heap lots of praise on her for every single thing she does, isn't driven by racism.

If she doesn't make quality music, she doesn't deserve to get accolades and no, releasing her fans as attack dogs and waging silly campaigns on social media isn't enough anymore. She hasn't released anything decent since 2011 and it's about time for her to do something nice, as opposed to event-albums devoid of content.

by Anonymousreply 4September 9, 2024 7:38 PM

Sad last days, collapse nearing completion etc.?

by Anonymousreply 5September 9, 2024 7:44 PM

I really loathe when women of color wear platinum blonde hair. It also looks terrible on white women with a deep tan.

The best way to wear platinum blonde hair is to have a very very pale complexion like Marilyn Monroe, Tippi Hedren etc.

For some reason I think it just looks jarring and fake and Miss Piggy looking when it’s next to a darker skin tone.

by Anonymousreply 6September 9, 2024 7:45 PM

Beyoncé shit out of Country Music Award nominations

by Anonymousreply 7September 9, 2024 7:53 PM

Fuck you, R6

by Anonymousreply 8September 9, 2024 7:54 PM

Her first album had a couple of appealing songs, other than that she does absolutely zero for me.

by Anonymousreply 9September 9, 2024 8:10 PM

r8 At last!

by Anonymousreply 10September 9, 2024 8:43 PM

“Shut out”? She didn’t get a nod like other artists don’t get nominated.

by Anonymousreply 11September 9, 2024 8:48 PM

Not a fan, but it's an obvious in your face kinda snub.

by Anonymousreply 12September 9, 2024 8:50 PM

Sorry, you can’t win everything just because you have a producer husband and scores of songwriters

by Anonymousreply 13September 9, 2024 8:51 PM

The album is so much more than country but there is enough country songs on them for her to be nominated. Oh well it’s there lost. The proper genre of the album is Americana.

by Anonymousreply 14September 9, 2024 8:52 PM

R9 Her first album was kinda trash to me. And I’m a Bey Stan. A bunch of Luther Vandross, Whitley Houston filler type ballads. Though today I really appreciate the beauty of her voice then. It was so girly and magical.

by Anonymousreply 15September 9, 2024 8:54 PM

R4 You got 5 likes and dd isn’t listen to the album. I know you didn’t because they aren’t mostly hip hop and dance tracks. Actually listen to the album and get back to us.

Cowboy Carter is critically acclaimed and the best reviewed album of the year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 9, 2024 8:56 PM

I’m thrilled someone has the balls to cut her off at the pass.

by Anonymousreply 17September 9, 2024 9:00 PM

R16, just based on your link, it isn't a country album.

by Anonymousreply 18September 9, 2024 9:01 PM

Fuck her!

by Anonymousreply 19September 9, 2024 9:02 PM

The Queen will be winning album of the year next year. Know that. Has she spoken on James Earl Jones passing. They worked on the Lion King live action together.

by Anonymousreply 20September 9, 2024 9:03 PM

I wish she’d magically disappear

by Anonymousreply 21September 9, 2024 9:04 PM

R21 Sing this song and imagine real hard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22September 9, 2024 9:06 PM

“It’s an album about awards shows. That’s the only way I’ve been able to process the intrinsic corniness of this new Beyoncé album, “Cowboy Carter,” which, very much like the most punishing of Grammy nights, runs way too long, yet still finds time to involve Post Malone.”

“Among those decisions: genre-blind duets that vary from cute (Miley Cyrus) to cringe (Post Malone); emcee cameos from country heroes we know (Dolly Parton, Willie Nelson) and others we should (Linda Martell); low-hanging interpolations (Patsy Cline’s “I Fall to Pieces,” the Beach Boys’ “Good Vibrations”); lower-hanging tribute covers (the Beatles’ “Blackbird,” Parton’s “Jolene”) — all of which seem to communicate the very same message that the record industry keeps beaming into our living rooms every Grammy night: A reverence for the music of the past will magically unify us, illuminating our shared path into the future.”

“This is an album that posits its lack of ideas as big ideas.“

by Anonymousreply 23September 9, 2024 9:09 PM

R23 you tried it. Ok the Washington Post didn’t love it but Rollingstone, Pitchfork, NME - you know actual music publications - did. The Guardian, The Atlantic, NYT, and Variety also gave it rave reviews.

by Anonymousreply 24September 9, 2024 9:15 PM

R24 they were PAID

by Anonymousreply 25September 9, 2024 9:17 PM

Her fans acting like it was so groundbreaking when Tina Turner and Millie Jackson released full length country albums themselves years back, and Donna Summer wrote a number one Country hit song for Dolly Parton. Same thing with the previous dance album, slighting black singers like Martha Wash and Jocelyn Brown who have a much longer history and are beloved in the gay community. And these are the same clowns who want to cry racism because she doesn't have an album of the year grammy out of her thirty wins.

I listened to a lot of the songs on the album but haven't felt compelled to listen to it again. It just lacks something. She's talented but she's so cold and honestly, boring as a personality. It's like a child at a beauty pageant who does everything right, but is just missing that extra something. Mechanical like. I've never gotten get the rabid adoration. Honestly, I've always thought that if Aaliyah hadn't passed and Lauryn Hill hadn't gone bonkers, that she wouldn't be as big as she is now.

by Anonymousreply 26September 9, 2024 9:17 PM

R25 So what happened. Did the check not clear for the Washington Post? Make it make sense. She paid nearly 30 different publications? Make it make sense.

by Anonymousreply 27September 9, 2024 9:20 PM

R6 If a white country singer decided to put out an R&B album and wore a black afro wig, I don't imagine it would go over very well. Maybe Cher in the 70s but in 2024 my take is that feathers would be ruffled. But I guess it's different somehow for Beyonce? I'm sure someone will explain to inquiring minds.

by Anonymousreply 28September 9, 2024 9:21 PM

R4 Sounds like you’re describing Georgia Florida Line!

by Anonymousreply 29September 9, 2024 9:22 PM

R28 ALL of the white artists who’ve done R&B and hip-hop have been nominated for BET Awards

by Anonymousreply 30September 9, 2024 9:23 PM

I wonder if she was scheduled to perform at the CMA's? Guess that would be awkward now, except for Jay Z getting up to criticize the voters for not parting water for Queen Blah.

by Anonymousreply 31September 9, 2024 9:23 PM

R26 The Queen didn’t slight anybody. And contemporary black country artists have praised her for putting a spotlight on them. There is a reason Tina Turner and Donna Summer loved them some Queen Bey. Everyone from Tierra Kennedy to Darius Rucker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32September 9, 2024 9:24 PM

Anyone shocked?

I'd rather have a Grammy tbh.

by Anonymousreply 33September 9, 2024 9:24 PM

Fuck the CMAs. 70% of those cunts are voting for a megalomaniac in November.

by Anonymousreply 34September 9, 2024 9:25 PM

[quote]Wait until the Grammys or AMAs. I'm not surprised by CMAs not nominating her - they know their racist base of rural nose pickers.

Of course, because she wasn't nominated for her " album," up against real country singers it was because of racism. Get a job.

by Anonymousreply 35September 9, 2024 9:25 PM

OMG, thoughts and prayers.

by Anonymousreply 36September 9, 2024 9:25 PM

R30 right. It’s a cunt speaking out his ass. Black music awards have routinely honored Eminem, Justin Timberlake, Josh Stone, Adele, Robin Thicke and even Iggy Azalea.

by Anonymousreply 37September 9, 2024 9:26 PM

Her album was shitty but so is most of the so call country being pimped out but she seems like a hack cunt so I don't really care.

by Anonymousreply 38September 9, 2024 9:28 PM

If she had been nominated in lieu of genuine country singers, it would have been a DEI nomination.

by Anonymousreply 39September 9, 2024 9:29 PM

[quote]The Queen didn’t slight anybody

Because her fanbase does it for her. They trashed Aretha when Beyonce surpassed her record of grammy wins. They came after Beck after he beat her out for Album of the Year. They're the ones constantly calling Beyonce an "innovator" when the facts make it not true.

She's notorious for allowing her stans to rip people apart on the web and sitting back and saying nothing. And she endorsed that stupid "Bey-hive" shit on her website years back.

by Anonymousreply 40September 9, 2024 9:30 PM

R40 Many in the Hive are a little mentally off but most of us are not. Get a grip and stop blaming the Queen for having overzealous fans. No one criticizes Harry, Posty, Kanye, or Beibs for their die hards. Fkin sexism.

by Anonymousreply 41September 9, 2024 9:33 PM

R26. Isn't Millie Jackson the "singer" whose album cover was her on a toilet, panties at ankles, taking a dump? The Country community didn't want to embrace that?!

by Anonymousreply 42September 9, 2024 9:34 PM

But but she was half naked! And wore a cowboy hat! And hung on a horse! And referenced bullets and poker! And sampled the country smash-hits of yore! Country legends made cameos! And there were a lot of songs! Songs written in committee! She switched genres! She must win always!

by Anonymousreply 43September 9, 2024 9:38 PM

All I know is I can’t wait for her to sing YaYa live. She is going to body that shit like we’ve never seen before. Btw the Queen turned 43 a few days ago and still looks 28.

by Anonymousreply 44September 9, 2024 9:52 PM

STOP giving her awards.

by Anonymousreply 45September 9, 2024 9:55 PM

R45. No, there is no quota limitation on excellence.

by Anonymousreply 46September 9, 2024 9:55 PM

Fuck Beyoncé and her idiotic snap queen stans who burst blood vessels when anyone deigns to criticize her fake behind. Enough. She’s won all of these other awards including the most Grammy wins of any perfomer and these sick queens are ready to open their veins? 😒🙄😒🙄😒🙄

by Anonymousreply 47September 9, 2024 10:06 PM

R47 my blood pressure is just fine. How is yours doing, luggage. I think luggage has discovered DL 😂.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48September 9, 2024 10:09 PM

R4 I agree with many of your points, but you also make it sound like Country Music requires supernova skills and exceptional talent. It's pretty clear that that's not the case year after year. I say Bey should shrug it off and move onto something else. She's making millions and millions more than any of those redneck racist performers.

by Anonymousreply 49September 9, 2024 10:12 PM

There Has Been A Disrespectin!

by Anonymousreply 50September 9, 2024 10:36 PM

Sorry, but it wasn't a very good song. Already forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 51September 9, 2024 10:38 PM

Didn't she herself insist her album was NOT a country album? If so, why do her fans even care?

by Anonymousreply 52September 9, 2024 10:43 PM

Here it is, straight from her. Now why should she be nominated if she herself doesn't think it qualifies as country?

[quote] “This ain’t a Country album,” she said on social media before releasing her LP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53September 9, 2024 10:46 PM

Ugh, that hair. I really don't like her, don't think she's particularly talented (or bright) and wish she would go away.

It sucks we have to suffer through Teacack constantly posting about her. It would be nice to not see post after post about her.

by Anonymousreply 54September 9, 2024 10:54 PM

R54 I didn’t make this post. You think I or the Carters give a fuck bout a damn CMA. The Queen might even asked not to be nominated in case Dump fucks around and wins and thus she becomes associated with this brand. The Queen is a PR genius.

by Anonymousreply 55September 9, 2024 11:04 PM

CMAs don’t award mediocrity.

by Anonymousreply 56September 9, 2024 11:06 PM

R56 Morgan Wallen has a mafuckin CMA. His music is awful.

by Anonymousreply 57September 9, 2024 11:09 PM

She's no queen.

by Anonymousreply 58September 9, 2024 11:09 PM

Morgan Wallen is the most popular artist in Country Music right now.

by Anonymousreply 59September 9, 2024 11:45 PM

[quote] No one criticizes Harry, Posty, Kanye, or Beibs for their die hards.

Did you just join DL yesterday?

by Anonymousreply 60September 9, 2024 11:46 PM

R59 I am not disputing that. R56 made an assertion. Even taken as a joke it’s not true. The ACMs are superior.

by Anonymousreply 61September 9, 2024 11:51 PM

Well, I never!l?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62September 9, 2024 11:55 PM

YazzzzzKweeenzzz want to take over everything and shove their shitty tastes down everyone’s throats.

by Anonymousreply 63September 9, 2024 11:58 PM

R63 You care. Who but Bey could do opera and then transition into a rock/r&b jam.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64September 10, 2024 12:03 AM

Snap queens 😒

by Anonymousreply 65September 10, 2024 12:54 AM

R64 who could even have a chance? She tries to dominate every fucking thing and genre and lock everyone else out.

by Anonymousreply 66September 10, 2024 12:59 AM

She’s finally hit the wall and looking like an old bag in that photo, OP.

by Anonymousreply 67September 10, 2024 12:59 AM

The album wasn’t even good.

by Anonymousreply 68September 10, 2024 1:00 AM

The album basically flopped compared to her other albums. Yes, it debuted well but it faded really fast.

by Anonymousreply 69September 10, 2024 1:01 AM

Ok who woke up Teafake, and why

by Anonymousreply 70September 10, 2024 1:02 AM

Oh Geez - there's going to be friggin' hell to pay tomorrow on 'The View' when Sunny Hostin gnarls her teeth and bites into this snub. She will have an exhaustive list on why this is racism - pure and simple.

by Anonymousreply 71September 10, 2024 1:02 AM

[Quote] Will there be riots?

Like this one?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72September 10, 2024 1:02 AM

I’m a Bey fan but she tries way too hard!!! All of her albums have maybe a few good songs but the rest is mostly filler.

If she released an album with 10 great songs instead of an album with 20 mediocre songs, she probably would have won album of the year by now.

“Less is more” is a lesson she still hasn’t learned.

by Anonymousreply 73September 10, 2024 1:11 AM

No r72 not like that one. This has nothing to do with Trump or the government.

by Anonymousreply 74September 10, 2024 1:11 AM

She should do another one to piss them off more

by Anonymousreply 75September 10, 2024 1:33 AM

She gets far too much press.

by Anonymousreply 76September 10, 2024 1:38 AM

Her fans guilted country stations into playing her song, accusing them of being racist if they wouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 77September 10, 2024 2:11 AM

R4 But this is country music right?

Everything you’ve just described is what’s hot in modern country.

There’s nothing so crazy from Cowboy Carter that Morgan Wallen isn’t doing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78September 10, 2024 2:18 AM

r78 But but - you're bringing logic into this? That's not fair - r4 was hoping he could slant this a certain way, because... well, we know why.

by Anonymousreply 79September 10, 2024 2:20 AM

R78 right. I’m so tired of people just debating stuff in talking points. Morgan Wallen’s wack ass be rapping with trap backbeats and then some country guitars thrown in there. Say what you want, Texas Hold Em is an actual country song with pop sensibilities. She should have released Levi Jeans as the next mainstream single instead of the Miley duet, even though Landslide is one of my favorite songs of all time.

by Anonymousreply 80September 10, 2024 2:24 AM

R80 Teafake

"be rapping" - let's don't.

by Anonymousreply 81September 10, 2024 2:33 AM

Hip-hop and R&B has been an influence in country music for over a decade now.

This is a great video that explains it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82September 10, 2024 4:05 AM

It’s an award, not an entitlement.

by Anonymousreply 83September 10, 2024 4:10 AM

Doesn't Morgan Wallen have a whole bunch of other songs that are more traditionally country or is that his only song, r78? Is Morgan Wallen up for any hip hop awards? What would be the response if he were?

by Anonymousreply 84September 10, 2024 6:20 AM

Her album was a fucking slog to get through.

And it's not a country album. So why are we even discussing the CMAs? Was Gaga's Joanne a country album just because she wore a cowboy hat on the cover? Of course not.

Oh, Billie and Charlie XCX made infinitely better pop records. They should win the Grammys over CC (and the horrible Swift album, too).

by Anonymousreply 85September 10, 2024 7:38 AM

Bey will conquer any genre, something Taylor Swift cannot do with her limited range.

by Anonymousreply 86September 10, 2024 10:32 AM

[quote] I really loathe when women of color wear platinum blonde hair

Nothing looks more fake and cheap to me than a blonde dye job, especially on men. And I don't care what color skin someone has.

by Anonymousreply 87September 10, 2024 10:39 AM

Beyoncé’s father, Matthew Knowles, tells TMZ that race played a part in Beyoncé not getting any nominations at the Country Music Awards:

“There’s more white people in America and unfortunately they don't vote based on ability and achievements, it’s still sometimes a white and black thing.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88September 10, 2024 12:28 PM

[quote] “There’s more white people in America and unfortunately they don't vote based on ability and achievements, it’s still sometimes a white and black thing.”

A lot of African Americans online have this same kind of reductive thinking and it's irritating as hell.

by Anonymousreply 89September 10, 2024 12:31 PM

Just because Beyoncé does a country song doesn’t make the song good. Her country songs were meh. Black country artists have had hits. It’s not impossible. Let new artists have their day Beyonce,

by Anonymousreply 90September 10, 2024 12:37 PM

Looks horribly plastic in OP's pic.

by Anonymousreply 91September 10, 2024 12:48 PM

Probably better to stick to what you are good at

by Anonymousreply 92September 10, 2024 12:51 PM

This is predictor of a Harris loss, right?

At least according to Beyonce's crew?

by Anonymousreply 93September 10, 2024 1:08 PM

Hands down one of the best interpreters of country music was Ray Charles. Because not only is he one of the all-time great American musicians, but because he had a feeling and an understanding of that music. Beyoncé is a gimmicky joke by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 94September 10, 2024 1:51 PM

Her cover of Jolene was shit.

by Anonymousreply 95September 10, 2024 1:53 PM

Her next plan is to dominate rock music. Let’s see how that goes.

by Anonymousreply 96September 10, 2024 3:46 PM

Sadly, her plan has never been to dominate GOOD music, R96. She seems to operate under the mistaken assumption that as long as there is a large output, everything is fine because at some point, somehow, something will stick. Quality has never been a concept that particularly concerned her and after 2011, she decided that star power and woke proclamations are enough to guarantee a lasting legacy. Sadly for her, it's not.

Seriously, how many of the songs that she has released in the last ten years can anybody remember? And I don't mean collaborations and event singles that fizzle out soon after hitting the Top 10.

And finally, let me post a reminder of what she can achieve when she actually decides to make an effort and sing a song that has a proper melody, structure and a good arrangement. After listening to this, there is no excuse for her to be releasing the dismally bad shit she's been producing for most of her career.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97September 10, 2024 4:12 PM

Country Music sucks.

by Anonymousreply 98September 10, 2024 4:13 PM

purr Beyonns, purr purr Beyonns 😟

by Anonymousreply 99September 10, 2024 4:15 PM

Would that "shut out" would equate with "shut up."

by Anonymousreply 100September 10, 2024 4:17 PM

[Quote] No [R72] not like that one. This has nothing to do with Trump or the government.

You must hang out with stupid people a lot, Defacto. Do only dumb people come to the garage?

We know exactly what you meant by “will there be riots?” because Beyoncé is black. But sadly for you, you never get to make that argument again.

by Anonymousreply 101September 10, 2024 5:00 PM

I got flop sauce in my bag.

by Anonymousreply 102September 10, 2024 5:04 PM

Her voice is screechy and when she growls it sounds like a vomit gurgle.

by Anonymousreply 103September 10, 2024 5:04 PM

She’s only around still because she’s undeniably beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 104September 10, 2024 5:06 PM

She is one of the most overrated entertainers ever. Everything she does seems like it was put together by a committee, much like Britney Spears. And she seems about as intelligent as Britney, as well. There is just no organic talent there.

And her crazy fans are ridiculous, as well as those of Taylor Swift. These people are entertainers, they're not deities.

by Anonymousreply 105September 10, 2024 8:43 PM

[quote]You think I or the Carters give a fuck bout a damn CMA.

There'll be another country music awards show in about three weeks.

by Anonymousreply 106September 10, 2024 9:08 PM

The Queen ain’t fretting. She is too busy building cosmetology schools for single low income mothers.

by Anonymousreply 107September 10, 2024 9:15 PM

R97 For one Formation, Break My Soul, Texas Hold ‘Em. For 2 the Queen is an album artist now in the vein of Bruce Springsteen and the Fooh Fighters.

by Anonymousreply 108September 10, 2024 9:17 PM

[quote] You think I or the Carters give a fuck bout a damn CMA.

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 109September 10, 2024 9:35 PM

R108. JESUS CHRIST! It's "FOO"!

by Anonymousreply 110September 10, 2024 9:35 PM

Don't forget my personal favorite, Little Esther Phillips.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111September 10, 2024 10:40 PM

R111. Little Esther looks like she's ready for her next fix.

by Anonymousreply 112September 10, 2024 11:46 PM

Little Esther had more chops in her little finger than Beyonce has in her whole body.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113September 10, 2024 11:51 PM

I called it! Sunny was rip shit over the snub. She tried to hold her composure, but she let it be known the CMA is racist.

by Anonymousreply 114September 11, 2024 1:03 AM

" Sunny was rip shit"

what?

by Anonymousreply 115September 11, 2024 1:20 AM

There's something self-congratulatory and overly meta about the album. There's that "genres are a funny concept" spiel from Linda Martell. Beyonce, as usual, was trying too hard.

by Anonymousreply 116September 11, 2024 2:39 PM

R115 ebonics

by Anonymousreply 117September 11, 2024 4:53 PM

R116 And that’s exactly why the album will be listened to 100 years from now.

by Anonymousreply 118September 11, 2024 6:08 PM

Didn't someone claim she basically is taught monetary things through coloring books? Not the aharpest tool in the shed.

by Anonymousreply 119September 11, 2024 6:08 PM

R119 No one claimed that unless you counting them voices in your head.

by Anonymousreply 120September 11, 2024 6:15 PM

The Queen is simply the greatest singer, dancer, and actress of all time. Deal with it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121September 11, 2024 6:17 PM

R115 R117 No ebonics - common description used on angry people throughout New England.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122September 11, 2024 9:53 PM

Mathew Knowles is a greedy, grifting hose bag with an addiction to coke and loose women. He said that racism also played a part in Beyoncé not being nominated for her performance in DREAMGIRLS. Despite the fact that Jennifer Hudson got a nomination. Don’t listen to his coonery.

by Anonymousreply 123September 11, 2024 10:40 PM

R123 Lies.

by Anonymousreply 124September 11, 2024 11:06 PM

If she put out an album of arias she would not be considered an "opera singer". Just because she put out an album of "country songs" does not make her a C&W recording artist.

by Anonymousreply 125September 12, 2024 1:04 AM

R125 The Queen is brilliant at arias too. I wish everyone recognized the Queen’s excellence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126September 12, 2024 1:05 AM

R125 When George Michael released his debut album was it not r&b.

by Anonymousreply 127September 12, 2024 1:07 AM

R125 Not true at all...

In February, 1976 Barbra Streisand released "Classical Barbra". It was recorded in 1973 and consists of songs by classical European composers and includes tracks sung in English, French, Occitan, German, Italian and Latin. The music is performed by the Columbia Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Claus Ogerman.

Leonard Bernstein wrote of the album, "Barbra Streisand's natural ability to make music takes her over to the classical field with extraordinary ease. It's clear that she loves these songs. In her sensitive, straightforward, and enormously appealing performance, she has given us a very special musical experience." The album was certified Gold by the RIAA, and received favorable reviews from music critics.

In 1977, Streisand was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Classical Vocal Soloist Performance. She lost the award to Beverly Sills' Music of Victor Herbert.

by Anonymousreply 128September 12, 2024 12:01 PM

R97 Her last 3 albums all received universal acclaim. Just say you didn’t like the albums. But don’t lie. Lemonade was compared to the work of Zora Neale Hurston. And Apple Music ranked it as the 10th greatest album of all time. Numerous accolades including nominations for Album of the Year. Singles and tracks are routinely included in critics best of year end lists.

Don’t you ever lie again you wretched whore.

by Anonymousreply 129September 15, 2024 5:27 PM

[quote]Lemonade was compared to the work of Zora Neale Hurston.

Link please. I'd LOVE to read this review.

by Anonymousreply 130September 15, 2024 5:35 PM

R130, good luck waiting, it doesn't exist.

by Anonymousreply 131September 15, 2024 5:52 PM

R130. R131 Weep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132September 15, 2024 5:56 PM

There is also an article in The Washington Post.

by Anonymousreply 133September 15, 2024 6:04 PM

I seem to remember Pat Boone recording a heavy metal album.

by Anonymousreply 134September 15, 2024 6:28 PM

Once again a poster was lined out for claiming they are lying and then posted receipts. Critics at the time made comparisons of Lemonade to Zora Neale Hurston.

by Anonymousreply 135September 16, 2024 11:37 PM

But…it’s not Beyoncé doing anything other than singing the song put in front of her. Her team is coming up with the concepts. She changes a word to a lyric in a song that someone else wrote and she gets credit. I bet she has to use cue cards or has an earpiece on so people can tell her what to do.

by Anonymousreply 136September 17, 2024 12:17 AM

R136 you didn’t tell us you were invited to recording sessions, studio meetings, and songwriter camps. What do you do my friend?

by Anonymousreply 137September 17, 2024 1:42 AM

I've always believed that both Beyonce and Britney Spears are mildly intellectually disabled.

by Anonymousreply 138September 17, 2024 1:44 AM

R137 = Tina Knowles

by Anonymousreply 139September 17, 2024 1:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!