Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Al Pacino

In your opinion which role do you consider his best acting job? I'm not talking about the role you liked the best, I'mm asking about his acting.

by Anonymousreply 13September 10, 2024 12:25 AM

The Godfather Part II. No contest in my mind, should have won the oscar.

by Anonymousreply 1September 9, 2024 12:49 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 9, 2024 1:07 AM

In my opinion, OP? Were you expecting me to give the opinion of somebody else?

by Anonymousreply 3September 9, 2024 1:53 AM

Angels in America should be on the list (OP didn’t specify film roles), and I might fill out the poll with either The Insider or Glengarry Glen Ross, two rare movies where he doesn’t have the showiest part.

by Anonymousreply 4September 9, 2024 1:58 AM

Raging Bull

by Anonymousreply 5September 9, 2024 2:09 AM

Nevermind wrong Italian

by Anonymousreply 6September 9, 2024 2:10 AM

No Dick Tracy?

by Anonymousreply 7September 9, 2024 2:17 AM

My favorite was when he did “the smell of a woman.”

by Anonymousreply 8September 9, 2024 2:32 AM

Didn't he play Roy Cohn in Angels in America?

Another role I always thought was fantastic acting was Paterno. I know it was made for HBO but it was some amazing acting.

by Anonymousreply 9September 9, 2024 2:46 AM

I'm mad at Al right now. I had a dream he was my neighbor and I caught him abusing his dog.

by Anonymousreply 10September 9, 2024 5:26 AM

Dog Day Afternoon and Serpico. Did not see the Godfathers.

by Anonymousreply 11September 9, 2024 6:19 AM

His best acting was when he pretended to be pounding Star Jones’ pussy seven nights a week as her husband.

by Anonymousreply 12September 9, 2024 6:29 AM

All the controversy about "Cruising" when it first came out is kind of quaint now. And of course it was SO homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 13September 10, 2024 12:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!