Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Favorite character in The Wizard of Oz (1939)?

Because why not, it's Sunday night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 9, 2024 6:00 AM

You, OP

You are my favorite.

Isn't that what you want to hear?

by Anonymousreply 1September 9, 2024 12:23 AM

Hey! Amazing! Its like a white version of The Wiz!

by Anonymousreply 2September 9, 2024 12:29 AM

I can't resist a lion with a Brooklyn accent. "I got a poymanent just for the occasion!"

by Anonymousreply 3September 9, 2024 12:43 AM

The bitchy apple tree.

by Anonymousreply 4September 9, 2024 12:44 AM

I think Toto had a stuffed stunt double.

by Anonymousreply 5September 9, 2024 1:53 AM

um, flying monkeys?

by Anonymousreply 6September 9, 2024 2:10 AM

R4. Yes! And his queenie friend. "She was hungry!" "SHE was HUNGRY!"

by Anonymousreply 7September 9, 2024 2:13 AM

R3- Bugs Bunny had a New York ( Brooklyn accent ) too.

by Anonymousreply 8September 9, 2024 2:13 AM

I can’t believe Dorothy and Toto are tied for second place!

by Anonymousreply 9September 9, 2024 2:47 AM

Miss Gulch was FAB too.

This should be playing in a continuous NON stop loop in the Americana Wing ( If there was an Americana Wing) at the Metropolitan Museum Of Art in NYC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 9, 2024 2:57 AM

R10, that clip deserves a far better home, The Americana Wing of The Datalounge Museum of Fine Arts and Culture.

by Anonymousreply 11September 9, 2024 3:07 AM

I became more partial to Jack Haley as I aged, though when I was younger Ray Bolger was my guy.

(As an aside, I was friends with munchkin Olga Nardone's nieces and nephews when I was a teenager. Interestingly, they were not midgets).

by Anonymousreply 12September 9, 2024 6:00 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!