Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tina Louise interview at 90 years old

Here's an interview with 'Gilligan's Island' actress Tina Louise from a few months ago, promoting the re-release of her book "Sunday: A Memoir" (originally released in November, 1997, though they don't seem to mention this in the interview). Louise turned 90 on February 14. The book covers her 'growing up years' in a boarding school.

I like the way she moved the conversation from 'Gilligan's Island' to her memoir, which is why she was there in the first place. When the camera first foes to her, Louise looks like she's going to shit her pants - she looks petrified.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 8, 2024 11:30 AM

BTW, if you buy the audible version it's 34 minutes long.

If you buy the 1997 hardcover print edition, it's 49 pages. This OOP edition is selling for $200 on Amazon.

If you buy the hard-cover 2024 re-release print edition it's 76 pages. It's selling for $23 on Amazon.

Many reviewers on different sites are suggesting you buy the book , read it in an hour or so, pack it up and return this for free back to Amazon. If you are a die-hard fan of the actress, that is, and feel you must know in detail about her years in boarding school.

by Anonymousreply 1September 7, 2024 2:52 PM

The ancient slag still thinks it was "GINGER'S ISLAND"

by Anonymousreply 2September 7, 2024 3:06 PM

BTW, did you guys know that at one stage there was talk of doing a Reality TV version of Gilligan's Island (a movie star, a professor, a girl next door, etc), with Trump as The Millionaire?

I heard Sherwood Schwarz's son interviewed and he said it was in discussions but never went anywhere.

I thought it was a good idea as reality TV formats go. Furthermore, if Trump loses the election (or even better, if he wins) it's still a good idea to send him to an uncharted desert isle.

by Anonymousreply 3September 7, 2024 3:16 PM

Why why don't these women just keep their old, wrinkled faces? At least they could move them. She sits there like a very old lady and then she has that weird face glued on. Really, it needs to stop.

by Anonymousreply 4September 7, 2024 3:26 PM

Holy shit, she appears to be very sharp mentally. Hope I can age as well as that.

Her performance in The Stepford Wives was excellent. I think her talent has been underappreciated.

by Anonymousreply 5September 7, 2024 3:37 PM

R5 I don't think she ever really utilized her talent. Except for GI, I can't think of anything else she ever did. (You mention Stepford Wives - I never knew she was in it). In the 80s / 90s why didn't she move to Broadway and do theater ? My God, ALW was hiring anyone over the age of 55 to do 'Sunset Boulevard' in its waning days - she should have auditioned for Norma Desmond. Maybe she could've done 'Love Letters' with 'the Professor' back then, or the 'Vagina Monologues' off-Broadway.

She may have under-appreciated talent but I think it may be her fault.

by Anonymousreply 6September 7, 2024 3:41 PM

[quote]R6 Maybe she could've done 'Love Letters' with 'the Professor' back then, or the 'Vagina Monologues' off-Broadway.

She was fired from a play at Playwright’s Horizons (?) during rehearsals in the early 1990s, I think. I believe word in NYC was you simply didn’t want to work with her as she was too “difficult.”

Also, whether she had family money or invested her earnings well, I don’t think she had to work - so didn’t aggressively pursue jobs.

by Anonymousreply 7September 8, 2024 12:04 AM

[quote] she should have auditioned for Norma Desmond. Maybe she could've done 'Love Letters' with 'the Professor' back then, or the 'Vagina Monologues' off-Broadway.

[quote] She may have under-appreciated talent but I think it may be her fault.

Wonder how she would get these auditions, or get cast in these things? Just wiggle her nose like Samantha Stevens?

by Anonymousreply 8September 8, 2024 11:30 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!