Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jamie Lee Curtis is moved to tears after watching “The Last Showgirl” for the first time

She has a supporting role in the film led by Pamela Anderson and directed by Gia Capolla.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79October 19, 2024 5:53 PM

Fierce baddies

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 6, 2024 9:31 PM

Does she cry while she's licking the pole?

by Anonymousreply 2September 6, 2024 9:33 PM

Oh, Jamie. Must you always be so dramatic?

by Anonymousreply 3September 6, 2024 9:39 PM

A better view

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 6, 2024 9:50 PM

Is that bitch bipolar?

by Anonymousreply 5September 6, 2024 10:00 PM

I love that’s she is like this. She will forever be an icon because of her persona.

by Anonymousreply 6September 6, 2024 10:02 PM

I would love if Pam got an oscar nomination. She's been getting raves and from the clips that are out there, she really pours her heart into this movie.

Would be so much more interesting than another fucking Amy Adams or Julianne Moore nomination.

by Anonymousreply 7September 6, 2024 10:03 PM

Jamie is barfy and embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 8September 6, 2024 10:07 PM

R7 Hmm interesting. That would be exciting but I feel the Academy will be too snobby about it. Hopefully they prove us wrong.

by Anonymousreply 9September 6, 2024 10:07 PM

OP that post should read Academy Award Winner Jamie Lee Curtis

by Anonymousreply 10September 6, 2024 10:08 PM

R10 She will probably get another nod for this film.

by Anonymousreply 11September 6, 2024 10:10 PM

Every review I’ve seen so far has praised both Pam and JLC but many say the script is not good.

by Anonymousreply 12September 6, 2024 10:23 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 6, 2024 11:15 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 6, 2024 11:59 PM

Where can I see this? Theatres, Netflix?

by Anonymousreply 15September 7, 2024 3:27 AM

Jamie Lee nibbled a humble salad …

by Anonymousreply 16September 7, 2024 3:34 AM

Jamie Lee is coming for #2.

by Anonymousreply 17September 7, 2024 3:46 AM

B17 Bitch she ain't getting second before me.

by Anonymousreply 18September 7, 2024 4:06 AM

I think Julia is offended she doesn't have a second Oscar. She is the type that assumes everyone at her level gets two. You just know it drives her insane.

by Anonymousreply 19September 7, 2024 4:08 AM

I love Jamie Lee Curtis and I don't give a shit what anybody says about her or if she's crazy bitch.

She was America's babysitter in the 1970s and she and Heather Langenkamp, Sigourney Weaver, Sheryl Lee, Shelley Duvall, Adrienne Barbeau, Carrie Fisher and Sissy Spacek can do no fuckin' wrong.

by Anonymousreply 20September 7, 2024 4:20 AM

Did she forget to take her meds again?

by Anonymousreply 21September 7, 2024 4:36 AM

Now that we're not hot, we're going to stop trading on that and make sure everyone else has to do that to.

by Anonymousreply 22September 7, 2024 4:56 AM

Jamie Lee was just grouchy cuz it was 4PM and past her bedtime.

by Anonymousreply 23September 7, 2024 5:23 AM

I told you bitches she'd be even more insufferable if she won that Oscar and here we are.

by Anonymousreply 24September 7, 2024 5:33 AM

Pamela Anderson is getting awards attention for this role and I would love to see her win for this.

by Anonymousreply 25September 7, 2024 5:39 AM

Who dis?

by Anonymousreply 26September 7, 2024 5:39 AM

I had to mute it.

by Anonymousreply 27September 7, 2024 5:53 AM

She’s getting acclaim but she isn’t getting an Oscar nod. They aren’t gonna go that far. It will be like when Jennifer Aniston finally did a dramatic role that got acclaim. She got nominated at the major precursors and then didn’t get nominated for BAFTA or Oscar. That’s if Pamela gets nominated for the precursors too.

But she will get an invite to attend Oscar night for the first time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28September 7, 2024 9:12 PM

R15 it just had its first screening at TIFF. It is not out yet.

by Anonymousreply 29September 7, 2024 9:12 PM

It doesn’t even have a release date yet.

by Anonymousreply 30September 7, 2024 9:13 PM

Go Jamie!

by Anonymousreply 31September 7, 2024 9:16 PM

Comparing this situation to Jennifer Aniston in fucking CAKE is a bit of a reach for my tastes. My friend is currently at TIFF and walked out of this earlier today and immediately texted me to tell me that Pamela is extraordinary in it. If the film can find a distributor and a campaign is launched for her (and maybe JLC as well), she can get in.

by Anonymousreply 32September 7, 2024 9:17 PM

I had acid green alligator pleather curtains in my boyhood bedroom, similar to Jamie's skirt material.

by Anonymousreply 33September 7, 2024 9:18 PM

R32- I predict that Pam does get nominated for this-

by Anonymousreply 34September 7, 2024 9:22 PM

I'm crying as I type this

by Anonymousreply 35September 7, 2024 9:23 PM

R32 your imaginary friend texting you is amazing but that didn’t happen and yes she is allegedly great but great doesn’t mean she’s getting an Oscar nod.

Aniston is a much richer woman and bigger star and couldn’t get it. Pamela isn’t getting it.

by Anonymousreply 36September 7, 2024 9:27 PM

R36, it’s not an imaginary friend, you weirdo. I have friends who are film critics and were at Telluride last weekend and are now at TIFF.

Possibly the concept of a “friend” is foreign to your lived experience.

[QUOTE] Aniston is a much richer woman and bigger star and couldn’t get it. Pamela isn’t getting it.

This is so stupid and just lets me know what level you are currently operating on. You clearly know nothing about the Academy Awards.

by Anonymousreply 37September 7, 2024 9:34 PM

JLC probably thinks she can muscle this through like she did with EEAAO.

by Anonymousreply 38September 7, 2024 9:36 PM

Pam will get nominated , JLC will not

by Anonymousreply 39September 7, 2024 9:38 PM

That hermaphroditic heifer had to make it all about her, didn't she?

by Anonymousreply 40September 7, 2024 9:41 PM

Aniston is an overhyped media whore who had a movie career bigger than she ever deserved, largely because of who she married. That was her reward. Plus, the premise of CAKE (a aging woman dealing with fibromyalgia) read like an SNL skit.

Anderson has been out of the spotlight for years, She was never considered a great actress, so there's a comeback angle and impressive factor to this that could definitely work in her favor. People love an underdog.

by Anonymousreply 41September 7, 2024 9:41 PM

R37 it’s imaginary. All of it. Stop the lying.

by Anonymousreply 42September 7, 2024 9:43 PM

[quote] People love an underdog.

Not enough to give them an Oscar, though.

by Anonymousreply 43September 7, 2024 9:44 PM

R41 “that was the reward” - people going to see her movies was the reward? 🤣 but we are supposed to believe you know people involved in films?

You didn’t even know sex scenes in films are simulated. You thought an actor had to get hard to film a sex scene 🤣 look at your posting history.

by Anonymousreply 44September 7, 2024 9:45 PM

Little Kiernan Shipka looked great in that sleeveless number. I had to look it up. She’s very petite and knows how to work it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45September 7, 2024 9:54 PM

R41 Just to be clear, in "Cake," Aniston didn't play an aging woman with fybromyalgia.

She played a woman who was severely injured in a car accident and who had been living with chronic pain as a result.

by Anonymousreply 46September 7, 2024 9:55 PM

And with guilt because her kid died in the car crash.

by Anonymousreply 47September 7, 2024 10:00 PM

R46, I recall many times in the film she said she was, "tender to the touch," so she was definitely fibromyalgia adjacent...

by Anonymousreply 48September 7, 2024 10:08 PM

Aniston's role was LEAD, isn't Pam's supporting?

Regardless, I think she gets nominated- definitely if this is a supporting role-

by Anonymousreply 49September 7, 2024 10:08 PM

Pam is the lead of the film. Jamie Lee is supporting.

by Anonymousreply 50September 7, 2024 10:14 PM

That's enough about Anderson. This thread is about ME.

by Anonymousreply 51September 7, 2024 10:16 PM

R50 Shit. That will be tougher. Well Gaga is out of lead. So that' s good..

Tilda is a shoe in, Angelina is a shoe in so that leaves 3 slots.. Nicole will never get nominated for this Babygirl shit. And I do not think that Nightbitch is Oscar caliber.

Is Goldderby doing their predictions yet

by Anonymousreply 52September 7, 2024 10:21 PM

The only person out of your list, R52, who I’d call a “shoe in” would be Jolie. Kidman just won the Volpi Cup so that is very good for her chances.

Tilda is not a guaranteed nomination. Not at all.

by Anonymousreply 53September 7, 2024 10:25 PM

Okay i just checked- This Emilia Perez film has major vibes, and this chick in that may get nominated. they are already talking about Miss Flo Puu for We Live In Time.. (not seeing it for that film) Nicole is on their lists, and Saiorse Ronan(sp) for 2 different films. One of them has Amy Adams (not happening for that film- I bet you all 500.00)

by Anonymousreply 54September 7, 2024 10:27 PM

And no joke, The eldest daughter from Better Things is near the top of their lists for "Anora"?

by Anonymousreply 55September 7, 2024 10:28 PM

And Anora sounds VERY good- Its directed by Sean Baker- Florida Project, Red Rocket..

Granted there are probably 10-20 films that may be. coming out that will be BA oscar worthy- I say there may be 1 slot left- and I hope that it is Pams!

If Night Bitch gets amazing reviews, Amy could take it.

Ultimately I think Angelina wins.

by Anonymousreply 56September 7, 2024 10:33 PM

R53 is right- NO one has Tilda on their lists, they actually have Amy. I saw a few for Julianne- not happening.

by Anonymousreply 57September 7, 2024 10:36 PM

R48 Yes, she was tender to the touch because of her lasting injuries. Her character did not have fibromyalgia. Geezus.

by Anonymousreply 58September 7, 2024 10:51 PM

It’s nice to see Kiernan Shipka is all right after being sucked up that sharknado in Twisters.

by Anonymousreply 59September 7, 2024 10:54 PM

Amy Adams is out of contention. All it took was the 1st trailer for Nightbitch to drop.

World premiere tonight at TIFF. Should be plenty of reviews tom’w.

by Anonymousreply 60September 7, 2024 10:56 PM

And what about Jessica Lange for that play/film.. They cannot find a distributor I think.... That one may not come out for a long time

by Anonymousreply 61September 7, 2024 10:57 PM

There are tons of movies coming out the next few months. Lmao wtf. Who knows who will get in or won’t.

Pam is Lead.

Anyway. JLC backstage crying lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62September 7, 2024 10:58 PM

R42 you sound like a bitter idiot. Grow the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 63September 7, 2024 11:56 PM

Cake was also a box office bomb. The academy does not like when huge names flop especially if they aren’t considered a serious actress in general.

by Anonymousreply 64September 8, 2024 12:03 AM

Cake was a limited release film.

by Anonymousreply 65September 8, 2024 12:05 AM

R65 yeah limited release because it flopped. A-list actors don’t do limited release films that ultimately do not get a wide release unless they do so poorly in the limited release. If you can’t get the art crowd in LA and NY to see your film then it’s a stinker.

by Anonymousreply 66September 8, 2024 12:13 AM

I’ve seen Cake. This so called dramatic powerhouse performance was nothing but PR. Jennifer Aniston acts the same way in EVERYTHING she is in. Every single piece of creative art. She’s not bad she just has no range.

by Anonymousreply 67September 8, 2024 12:15 AM

Does all that Activia loosen her tear ducts?

by Anonymousreply 68September 8, 2024 12:30 AM

R67, agree, I just recently watched the first episode of The Morning Show which was clearly designed to showcase her acting talents, unfortunately she just came off the same as she always does. Not a bad performance but zero characterization or range.

by Anonymousreply 69September 8, 2024 12:34 AM

R66 you claim to have all these Hollywood connections yet don’t know anything about films. ANYTHING.

It’s a low budget film meaning it wasn’t released by a big studio. Those films are almost always given limited releases and then extend depending on performance and interest. Yes, even with big stars.

by Anonymousreply 70September 8, 2024 12:40 AM

At this point she’s just trolling The Datalounge. This bitch knows what she’s doing.

by Anonymousreply 71September 8, 2024 12:45 AM

The real Jamie Lee Curtis is the woman who berated a reporter for DARING to ask more than one question on a red carpet line when she was doing c-list movies.

by Anonymousreply 72September 8, 2024 1:09 AM

R69 Morning show- if Rachel were a middle aged newscaster, Cake- if Rachel were a professional junkie, the Break Up- if Rachel dated Vince Vaughn.

Btw Morning Show is heavily binge watchable. It’s not a great show maybe not even good but boy it is entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 73September 8, 2024 2:16 AM

Wow JLC is really on track for a second Oscar.

From yogurt commercials and Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2 to this

by Anonymousreply 74September 8, 2024 2:21 AM

I've read several reviews of the movie, and while some critics say the script is weak and the characters underdeveloped, all of them have praised Pamela Anderson's performance.

If she gets the right publicists around her, she has a good chance of nabbing herself an Oscar nomination.

by Anonymousreply 75September 8, 2024 4:12 PM

Bumping this because it feels like something JLC would do for even more attention.

by Anonymousreply 76October 19, 2024 5:09 AM

Is this being released in time for Oscar consideration?

by Anonymousreply 77October 19, 2024 3:43 PM

I wonder why a trailer hasn’t been released yet.

Yes, I saw the teaser.

by Anonymousreply 78October 19, 2024 4:35 PM

Muriel is a shady bitch 😆and I love it. These threads that are tagged “talks to themselves a lot” is Muriel saying they just made the majority of the comments on their threads or that the person literally pretended to be two different people during the conversation taking place in the thread.

by Anonymousreply 79October 19, 2024 5:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!