Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

JetBlue Airways Boston to Presque Isle, ME

Inaugural flight!

Will anyone be flying this route?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21September 8, 2024 9:13 PM

The scenery on this route is so beautiful, from takeoff to landing.

Leaving Boston, you get a beautiful view of the ocean, the beaches, and all the boats in the harbor.

Then arriving in Preque Isle, you see all of the green trees and rural landscape.

I love it.

by Anonymousreply 1September 6, 2024 8:29 PM

Northern Maine? What kind of demand is there to go all the way up there?

Nobody lives up there. I get that those up there would have to usually go to a Canadian airport to fly - but this is a weird route.

Is it summer only?

by Anonymousreply 2September 6, 2024 9:41 PM

I am certain an investigation would reveal a high value customer/govt contact or just plain old pork. Rich- fuck commuter flight.

by Anonymousreply 3September 6, 2024 10:01 PM

I loved seeing the small crowd standing by the fence, and then the three big men pushing the staircase up to the plane, for the passengers to disembark.

Presque Isle has such a nice small town feel to it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 6, 2024 10:04 PM

Zzzz

by Anonymousreply 5September 6, 2024 10:09 PM

I think this could make a good sitcom, actually. Tiny North East airport run by two hot brothers, a perky blonde, and crusty veteran gate agent.

Through in a himbo mechanic and Lebanese cabby and hilarity takes flight!

by Anonymousreply 6September 6, 2024 10:09 PM

Fail!

by Anonymousreply 7September 6, 2024 11:10 PM

[quote] I think this could make a good sitcom, actually. Tiny North East airport run by two hot brothers, a perky blonde, and crusty veteran gate agent.

[quote] Through in a himbo mechanic and Lebanese cabby and hilarity takes flight!

Absolutely!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 6, 2024 11:46 PM

We're right behind you!

by Anonymousreply 9September 6, 2024 11:49 PM

r3, Told ya so. Payola to some bigwigs who live there. Population 9k, Like if MacDougal street had its own airport. "Bob Dylan used to play at this gate"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 8, 2024 4:44 PM

University Of Maine is in Presque Isle. There's a veterinary school there. Pretty prestigious one, at least it was.

by Anonymousreply 11September 8, 2024 4:47 PM

Wow, I know coastal maine fairly well, I can’t for the life of me imagine going up there

by Anonymousreply 12September 8, 2024 5:09 PM

I'd take the flight, but is there anywhere to actually stay in Preque Isle?

Do they even have a hotel??

Anywhere to eat out?

by Anonymousreply 13September 8, 2024 5:36 PM

With a college there, it would be insane not to offer hotels where parents can stay.

by Anonymousreply 14September 8, 2024 6:04 PM

northern maine residents simply dig a big hole in the ground for lodging

by Anonymousreply 15September 8, 2024 6:05 PM

Why, that’s right next to the hometown of our girl Susie.

by Anonymousreply 16September 8, 2024 6:10 PM

R2 and R3. It’s not new service. United used to have the route from there to Newark. It’s part of a long-standing program to provide rural regions with steady service to at least one major hub. Sure, Maine’s delegation fought for PI to be included, but to give half the state a chance to get to a hub.

by Anonymousreply 17September 8, 2024 6:19 PM

An airline hub in Maine, R17? Seriously?

The state of Missouri has two metropolitan areas with 2+ million people, KSC and STL, and it has a snowball's chance in hell of getting a hub. Both areas are too close to ORD, DFW, and DEN.

So the state of Maine, with a total population of 1.5 million, won't be getting an airline hub anytime in the near future. The simply don't have the originating traffic to support a hub, not to mention its proximity to BSN.

by Anonymousreply 18September 8, 2024 8:12 PM

[quote] An airline hub in Maine, R17? Seriously?

R17 said "to get [bold]TO[/bold] a hub," meaning, Boston or Newark.

Reading comprehension, dear R18.

by Anonymousreply 19September 8, 2024 8:17 PM

I once worked with a woman with relatives who owned a huge potato farm there.

by Anonymousreply 20September 8, 2024 8:28 PM

R18 learn read. It’s not a hub, it’s service to get people to a hub. How dum are u?

by Anonymousreply 21September 8, 2024 9:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!