Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Countdown to the Tuesday, September 10 Debate Between Vice President Harris and donald trump.

Four days until the Great Debate.

Tick Tock ...

(Hypothetically, [and short of an intervention], what could possibly go wrong between now and September 10?)

by Anonymousreply 230September 11, 2024 5:21 PM

Nothing will go wrong before Tuesday, the fear is that everything will go wrong come Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 1September 6, 2024 4:42 PM

by Anonymousreply 2September 6, 2024 4:45 PM

All Trump has to do is show up and do/say nothing but stick his finger up his asshole and the fucking NY Times will rhapsodize about what a great orator he is and how presidential he is. Idiots.

by Anonymousreply 3September 6, 2024 4:52 PM

Following his appearance in Manhattan Federal Appeals Court this morning, donald staged a 45 minute media event at trump Tower during which he attempted to refute accusations of sexual assault, while continuing his public defamation of E. Jean Carroll.

Oy.

by Anonymousreply 4September 6, 2024 4:55 PM

Trump thinks today is Festivus because he held an airing of his grievances at a Trump Tower today, told the press it would be a "news conference" so they would show up but he took no questions. Just ranted about how unfair he was being treated.

by Anonymousreply 5September 6, 2024 5:11 PM

BEAR KING NEWS; Judge Merchand adjourns donald's NYC hush money sentencing to November 26.

Cook Sir Capon's Thanksgiving goose, Judge Merchand.

by Anonymousreply 6September 6, 2024 5:13 PM

We are sorry to inform you that President Trump has come down with a case of Covid and will be unable to participate in the debate ( which he would have won handily). He will , however, be appearing via the internet, for two hours on our network with award-winning journalist Jesse Waters to spread the truth about the presidency, God, his dumb opponent, and the threat to America she poses.

by Anonymousreply 7September 6, 2024 5:15 PM

r6 GOOD! That's exactly what I wanted. Having sentencing before the election would have only boosted his votes, mark me.

by Anonymousreply 8September 6, 2024 5:15 PM

With a Sharpie, r8?

by Anonymousreply 9September 6, 2024 5:16 PM

I place all my faith in Datalounge’s reporting and opinion pieces on this one. I can’t stand to hear the conman’s voice or look at his face. I just hope our Vice President destroys him..

by Anonymousreply 10September 6, 2024 5:17 PM

I'm hopeful but nothing is certain. A lot of us recall being all gleeful in 2012 waiting for President Obama to stomp Mitt Romney in their first debate, but then Obama had an unusually off night and Romney didn't.

Really hoping Harris and her team have studied Trump enough to know what to do.

by Anonymousreply 11September 6, 2024 5:19 PM

r10 Same. I will be mid-run during the debate anyway, provided it doesn't rain. I just hope I don't come back to DL in meltdown mode again, as was the case after the first debate. I still recall just how shit and defeated and deflated I felt in that moment.

by Anonymousreply 12September 6, 2024 5:21 PM

Liz Cheney announces "(My father) Dick Cheney will be voting for Kamala Harris."

by Anonymousreply 13September 6, 2024 6:42 PM

^^I thought the bitch was dead!

by Anonymousreply 14September 6, 2024 6:58 PM

Kamala should just laugh at him and treat him like a washed-up hacky comedian.

by Anonymousreply 15September 6, 2024 7:18 PM

^^ "You asked a good question and he didn't answer it, probably because he couldn't. Cognitive decline is a sad thing. I'll answer the question: _____."

by Anonymousreply 16September 6, 2024 9:03 PM

R7 I also think he’ll suddenly test positive for Covid on Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 17September 7, 2024 2:23 PM

by Anonymousreply 18September 7, 2024 3:57 PM

Neither David Muir nor Linsey Davis will challenge Trump on any of his answers or fact-check him. If he does well, he " Killed Harris, who isn't very bright." If he loses," The moderators were unfair and were paid by the Democrats."

by Anonymousreply 19September 7, 2024 4:13 PM

Harris prepares; Trump uses same strategy as he did for Biden.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 7, 2024 4:21 PM

Maggie Haberman and Mr. French will rave about Trump’s preparedness. Maureen Dowd will blame Hillary Clinton for the lies and mistakes Trump makes.

by Anonymousreply 21September 7, 2024 4:24 PM

It’s disgusting that the bar for Dump is so low, that he will be considered a success if he doesn’t make fun or her name or throw his filled diaper at that queen David Muir.

by Anonymousreply 22September 7, 2024 4:43 PM

[quote]“Harris will want to make personality the issue, which is hard for him to resist, but it will be a bad night for him if he falls back on hurling absurd insults at Harris," said California-based Republican consultant Rob Stutzman — who told Politico he would likely be writing in a name on his own ballot.

[quote]“She can deliver a set piece in a debate,” he added. “Will he be able to resist taking the bait? Doubt it. He’ll more likely be like a lab rat hitting the cocaine pan instead of the food pan.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 7, 2024 4:44 PM

Those two moderators won’t press Trump with follow-up questions or confront him when he tells whopper lies.

by Anonymousreply 24September 7, 2024 5:14 PM

Will we be getting this stunt with juicy guests again, in an effort to throw off the opponent?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 7, 2024 8:01 PM

My job scheduled a client dinner from from 7p-9p. I called up the person organizing the event and reminded her that it's the same night as the debate. She graciously moved dinner to 6pm. Also, 7pm dinner with strangers/colleagues is too fucking late. Just make it early and get it over with. I told her I will be departing at 7:45pm. I love my job, but don't live for work. I want to see this debate so clearing that schedule!

by Anonymousreply 26September 7, 2024 8:30 PM

I can't get over the fact that this will be their first time officially meeting, even though he donated to her campaign once. But wasn't she a senator for California when he was giving his SOTUs? I guess they didn't shake hands on those occasions.

by Anonymousreply 27September 8, 2024 3:09 AM

I wonder if Kamala should have avoided debating Trump altogether? Why get on a stage with a pathological liar who is going to mug for the camera and make a spectacle of the whole thing? Getting on the same stage as Trump risks allowing him to cause a lot of trouble.

by Anonymousreply 28September 8, 2024 7:25 AM

Here's hoping she looks hot as hell and manages to work in a comment like, "Well, since I'm obviously not as attractive as the former President..."

Now [italic]that[/italic] would be funny!

by Anonymousreply 29September 8, 2024 2:50 PM

R27, there was also supposed to be a presidential transition in 2020/2021 where they should have met, but Donald couldn’t be bothered.

by Anonymousreply 30September 8, 2024 2:53 PM

Doesn’t matter what nonsensical word salad garbage he spews, the media will say how close it was but how clearly Dump articulated his policy plans yada yada yada.

by Anonymousreply 31September 8, 2024 2:56 PM

Trump is a known variable, so the press will latch onto Kamala's slightest misstep and hesitation.

by Anonymousreply 32September 8, 2024 3:02 PM

[quote] Kamala should just laugh at him and treat him like a washed-up hacky comedian.

She’s a woman, that would backfire.

by Anonymousreply 33September 8, 2024 4:16 PM

R28, she’s not doing any pressers or town halls. Not doing a debate would crush her.

by Anonymousreply 34September 8, 2024 4:17 PM

by Anonymousreply 35September 8, 2024 4:19 PM

Drumph could have met Harris 4 years ago if he would have agreed to a peaceful transition of power and did not fuck off to MaraLago after causing the insurrection.

by Anonymousreply 36September 8, 2024 4:46 PM

R36, enough trying to make that statement you heard on MSNBC a thing.

by Anonymousreply 37September 8, 2024 4:50 PM

I eat Donald Trump's AND J D Vance's excrement.

by Anonymousreply 38September 8, 2024 4:53 PM

Do or die moment for her, no way in hell am I putting my nerves through that shit.

by Anonymousreply 39September 8, 2024 4:56 PM

"TELL IT TO MY FACE!"

The most bad -ass statement of 2024.

by Anonymousreply 40September 8, 2024 4:58 PM

About the only things most people remember from the Hillary-Trump debates are the "you're the puppet" and "no, because you'll be in jail". Or Biden's "will you shut up, man" from the 2020 cycle. For better or worse, eloquent points don't matter anymore, it's all about those zingers, like we're in a fucking gladiatorial arena of old. Or in a circus. I guess it's apropos, seeing how so many are hooked on WWE.

by Anonymousreply 41September 8, 2024 5:04 PM

In my rich fantasy world ProPublica reporters would moderate this debate.

Why, oh why can't we get some actual (non-access) journalists to mod these things?

by Anonymousreply 42September 8, 2024 5:05 PM

All that is needed is for to him answer the questions, he is going to self destruct. He has been crumbling over the last month, I’m looking forward to this.

by Anonymousreply 43September 8, 2024 5:22 PM

May the people see the stark contrast in cognitive abilities between the two and punish the slower one accordingly, just as they did immediately after the first debate. But something tells me it'll be dismissed as "just Trump being Trump". I swear he could eat his own shit on stage and people would just go "yeah, that tracks".

by Anonymousreply 44September 8, 2024 5:28 PM

The Harris campaign should invite E. Jean Carroll to the debate and sit her in the front row.

by Anonymousreply 45September 8, 2024 5:34 PM

r45 I thought of that as well, but that would probably be presented to the jury at any additional defamation trial(s) as evidence that she's intentionally goading him.

by Anonymousreply 46September 8, 2024 5:36 PM

I'm worried Harris will be over prepared and come off as not very genuine (which is how I viewed her before these last few months. She has been much better campaigning seeming to be more authentic. I hope she doesn't use canned responses and jabs that look like she was just waiting to say it.

by Anonymousreply 47September 8, 2024 5:56 PM

So no "I was that little girl" moments? Zingers need to be spontaneous, of the moment, rather than studied? That's a tall order.

by Anonymousreply 48September 8, 2024 5:59 PM

Looking forward to debate.

by Anonymousreply 49September 8, 2024 6:01 PM

Looking forward to debate.

by Anonymousreply 50September 8, 2024 6:08 PM

Shadow of Tulsi Gabbard looms over Harris ahead of Tuesday’s debate:

During a presidential primary debate five years ago, then-Democratic Rep. Tulsi Gabbard skewered Kamala Harris as a hypocrite who transformed from a tough-on-crime prosecutor to a progressive reformer. Harris was widely seen as failing to effectively defend herself, helping create an image of her as a politician who goes where the winds blow.

The clash raised questions about whether Harris — who had earned a reputation as a fierce interrogator while needling Republicans at Senate hearings and clotheslining Joe Biden at a 2019 debate — could fight back when she was the one on defense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51September 8, 2024 6:24 PM

It is a high-wire act for Harris. She has to appear strong and persuasive in her agenda. She has to demonstrate her intellect and mental agility. She has to convince disengaged citizens that there is a reason to vote, and to vote for her specifically.

But she cannot be savage or judgmental in her attack on Trump -- men, whites, white-adjacents, whites-wannabes and female misogynists -- are very unsettled by a superior, scolding woman, and 100x that when it is an 'uppity' Black woman.

Trump could talk gibberish, call her a "sand n!gg€r", announce a trillion dollar tax cut for billionaires, and shit his diaper onstage, and he will still have a solid 45% of the electorate.

by Anonymousreply 52September 8, 2024 8:36 PM

One of her surrogates said in a radio interview, that she would concentrate on laying out her plans rather than going after Trump.

by Anonymousreply 53September 8, 2024 8:56 PM

What difference would it make, R53. She's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't.

And thanks to the media like NYT and WaPo, all Trump has to do is show up and bend over and stick his finger up and ass, and the US media will rhapsodize over how presidential Trump is.

And if he does bend over and moon the audience, rest assured Miss David Muir will be there to kiss Trump's ass, literally and figuratively.

by Anonymousreply 54September 8, 2024 9:02 PM

He will do very well because the moderators are intimidated by him and will not challenge anything he says. He will lie all night and it will be treated as the truth.

by Anonymousreply 55September 8, 2024 9:06 PM

Trump is already yapping about how if he loses the election it will be because the Democrats cheat. He is unsufferable.

by Anonymousreply 56September 8, 2024 9:16 PM

It puts pressure on the moderators to make sure they are not perceived as biased, so they will treat him with kid gloves.

by Anonymousreply 57September 8, 2024 9:24 PM

Dodged a bullet one time, Mr. Trump. Can it happen again?

by Anonymousreply 58September 8, 2024 9:56 PM

Proverbial, of course!

by Anonymousreply 59September 8, 2024 9:57 PM

She should ignore Trump and the moderator's questions, for the most part. Unless it's a question that she wants to lean into, she should give a quick answer, and then pivot to topics that she wants to talk about. I hope she doesn't waste time answering silly gotcha questions, which the moderators will surely lob at her. She must take control and talk about topics that help her.

by Anonymousreply 60September 8, 2024 10:01 PM

He will immediately attack her on the economy and the border, hoping to put her on the defensive all night. The moderators will not control him, and he be declared the winner.

by Anonymousreply 61September 8, 2024 10:21 PM

^will be

by Anonymousreply 62September 8, 2024 10:21 PM

[quote] Do or die moment for her, no way in hell am I putting my nerves through that shit.

What r39 said.

Tuesday night, I'm doing my usual whenever these high stakes, live, televised political events happen:

Shelter like the Cowardly Lion behind brave DLers who are steely and brave enough to watch and comment in real time while I read their comments, my TV on to the debate but muted.

Besides, I fucking HATE trump and his voice and presence offend me to no end.

I wonder if their podiums will be the same height. He's so much taller than she is.

by Anonymousreply 63September 8, 2024 10:32 PM

I'm watching CNN which is featuring both a Democratic and Republican " strategist." WTF do they do? Who hires them? What qualifications do they have? Or, is this a " title" the tv networks use to describe any yahoo they interview who doesn't have a real job?

by Anonymousreply 64September 8, 2024 11:12 PM

The moderaters can't go easy on him. I'm looking at you, David Muir.

by Anonymousreply 65September 8, 2024 11:20 PM

They will or they will be singled out on one of his tirades and get death threats. They will rationalize and say that it's not up to them to fact check, but it should be done by the opponent.

by Anonymousreply 66September 8, 2024 11:38 PM

[quote]Trump is already yapping about how if he loses the election it will be because the Democrats cheat. He is unsufferable.

R56 Its pretty much a foregone conclusion that Trump will not accept defeat in this election. They're already trying to figure out ways to muddle the process again, just like 2020. But this time, his supporters are more rabid and indoctrinated into the delusional cult of personality than ever. That selfish fucker would rather destroy this country if he doesn't get his way, rather than accepting the norms that every other presidential candidate before him respected. Sickening that this is the situation we're in and some still believe he's sane and competent to run the country, despite his recent behavior and obvious cognitive decline.

by Anonymousreply 67September 9, 2024 12:05 AM

Kamala isn't going to let him get away with his shit. It won't take much to make him look like the moron he is.

by Anonymousreply 68September 9, 2024 12:20 AM

The 2,977 pound gorilla on the debate stage will be the next day's 23rd commemoration of the September 11 attack.

I do not put it past donald to spend time spouting the disproven myth of Rudy "America's Mayor" Giuliani's heroism and donald's own lies of seeing Muslims dancing in New Jersey and the countless friends he lost to the attack.

Vice President Harris must then remind donald of his and his family's ties to Saudi Arabia, birthplace of the September 11 terrorists.

by Anonymousreply 69September 9, 2024 12:30 AM

Advice to Kamala: Fuck this " I'm going to focus on the issues and my solution," and expose him for the unhinged psychopath he is. Call him a liar, unfit for office, and suffering from dementia. Then, talk about your solutions. If you only offer your solutions and try to " Get the public to know who I am," all he will do is criticize it and mock you, never having to offer any solid policy statements of his own. If that happens, he wins, and you will truly disappoint your followers... and probably lose the election. He cannot be allowed to look calm and presidential while he spouts his lies; you know the moderators will never challenge anything he says. You must.

by Anonymousreply 70September 9, 2024 2:14 AM

I hope she just flies across the stage and cunt punts him into the sun a la Superman in this video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71September 9, 2024 2:27 AM

(Stealing this from the r/PoliticalDisccusions thread titled 'If you could give Harris one piece of advice regarding the upcoming debate, what would it be?' because it's so damn brilliant)...

What no one else does:

Trump is predictable, tell the audience exactly what he is going to say and do. Then watch him either do exactly that or freak out because he’s been caught and can’t get out of his own way.

Basically the 8-Mile B-Rabbit strategy.

“Trump won’t actually answer the questions. He is going to tell you lies about immigration and how things were better under him, even though he was the only president to have negative job growth and convinced his party to tank legislation to address immigration. Trump will do what Trump does best, blatantly lie, take credit for other’s accomplishments, and ramble on about nonsense. Remember, when he says “they”, he is often referencing made up people. Over to you, Trump.”

by Anonymousreply 72September 9, 2024 2:44 AM

R72, that is exactly what to do — or, one of the key things to do. Whoever wrote it, I so wish they were on her debate prep team!

by Anonymousreply 73September 9, 2024 10:17 AM

p.s. Let’s hope that the Harris camp’s report (mentioned above) that she’s just gonna talk policy, is a head fake. Please let it be a head fake. With Trump, it becomes a who’s stronger here, who’s the Alpha here type of thing to most viewers. It just does. Policy-wonking for an hour and a half won’t deliver the goods.

Vanquish him, Kamala! Bring your courtroom best! Be strong, be direct, be the leader we need.

by Anonymousreply 74September 9, 2024 10:23 AM

Yes, R72, that’s exactly what she needs to do. Get into his orange head from the start. Part of me still hopes he wimps out and doesn’t show.

by Anonymousreply 75September 9, 2024 11:14 AM

That was the Chris Christie takedown of Marco Rubio. And it worked. But Trump is a slippery one, and I’m not sure Kamala has Chris Christie’s capacity for ruthlessness.

by Anonymousreply 76September 9, 2024 11:41 AM

r72 That's not gonna do anything, people are more than familiar with how Trump operates by now. That's not the issue, that's actually part of his appeal.

I agree with the poster who said there's never going to be this moment with him where you show with one brilliant little trick to the whole nation that the emperor has no clothes, at which point everyone wakes up from the MAGA spell. Doesn't stop the libs from fantasising about it since 2015, though.

by Anonymousreply 77September 9, 2024 12:16 PM

No one likes to hear policy at these glorified press conferences. It's all about the soundbites, since networks and talk shows will only show the "gotcha" lines. She has to speak plainly and not intellectually; Trump is a master of lying while speaking so that his most ignorant followers ( the illiterate MAGAts) can understand.

by Anonymousreply 78September 9, 2024 12:30 PM

New ad featuring criticism from first-term Trump staffers will run nationally on Fox News and in West Palm Beach, and in Philadelphia markets tomorrow, the day of the debate. Just so Trump's sure to see it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79September 9, 2024 12:31 PM

I need her to channel her innermost Oakley hoe and shank that orange bitch like it's juvie.

by Anonymousreply 80September 9, 2024 1:45 PM

Debate won’t change anything.

by Anonymousreply 81September 9, 2024 2:07 PM

[quote]Debate won’t change anything.

I think the only difference it would make is if Kamala missteps somehow. Trump's insanity is built into his support, he could shoot her on stage and wouldn't lose a vote. Undecideds are going to dither until they finally make a decision in the voting booth because it gets them a lot of attention.

by Anonymousreply 82September 9, 2024 2:14 PM

by Anonymousreply 83September 9, 2024 2:27 PM

R80 yes I want to see this. Go Kammie, go!

by Anonymousreply 84September 9, 2024 2:35 PM

It's often the way the debate is discussed that has more impact. Many undecideds won't watch, but if they hear reporters say that she came across as presidential, or she was able to articulate a clear vision, that will be impactful. It will be especially so if they say that Trump was rambling incoherently.

by Anonymousreply 85September 9, 2024 2:35 PM

[quote]I need her to channel her innermost Oakley hoe and shank that orange bitch like it's juvie.

Just don't hold it against her if she doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 86September 9, 2024 2:44 PM

This last day before the debate is gonna fucking drag. I just want it over with already, even if she ends up bombing.

by Anonymousreply 87September 9, 2024 3:20 PM

Her neck looks so bad here, why is TheDailyBeast so cruel, I thought they were libs?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88September 9, 2024 3:23 PM

The have 2 minutes to respond to the questions, not enough time for him to ramble incoherently.

by Anonymousreply 89September 9, 2024 4:10 PM

It's never stopped him before, r89.

by Anonymousreply 90September 9, 2024 4:14 PM

Will they each get a chance for a rebuttal? Because it's technically not a debate without that element, just a joint interview.

by Anonymousreply 91September 9, 2024 4:14 PM

[quote]The have 2 minutes to respond to the questions, not enough time for him to ramble incoherently.

Guess you missed his appearance at the Economic Club of New York last week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92September 9, 2024 4:22 PM

Hypothetically, Gremory?

by Anonymousreply 93September 9, 2024 4:25 PM

Not watching. Just wait to catch SNL opening sketch. More accurate and entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 94September 9, 2024 4:28 PM

R88 at least she covers her vagina.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95September 9, 2024 4:32 PM

R91 Traditionally it's 2-minutes for a response, 1-minute for a rebuttal, and 30-seconds for a rebuttal to the rebuttal (if you want one).

by Anonymousreply 96September 9, 2024 4:40 PM

I read something on social media that makes sense. Kamala Harris is a litigator. Some lawyers never see the inside of a courtroom, but she has. She understands the dynamics of making and prosecuting a case. So she should walk into that Debate as if she were in a court room with the viewers as the jury she has to make her case to. Trump of course is the defendant, but the moderators ought to be treated as if they were his defense attorneys. Because the networks all protect him and rarely ever confront his lies. I think she will be fine. David Jolly on MSNBC said she should be dismissive of him and just deal with the Mods and the viewing audience and I kind of like that approach. Because he will do everything he can...including bring up her love life who she dated, etc to derail her. IMO she should expect him to get really ugly. No surprises. There's nothing he will not try.

by Anonymousreply 97September 9, 2024 4:46 PM

r96 Thank you. Glad they haven't tinkered with the basic rules, I thought all that went out the window when they abandoned the bipartisan debate commission or whatever it's called.

by Anonymousreply 98September 9, 2024 4:47 PM

r97 I don't mean to be that person, but she hasn't "lawyered" in ages, much like Biden or Hillary. Unlike swimming and riding a bike, arguing in court is not muscle memory, you go out of practice pretty quickly if you don't do it regularly. So just don't expect some TV legal drama-level prosecutor shit to come out of her tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 99September 9, 2024 4:51 PM

R99, I don't expect TV legal drama level prosecutor shit. I am just saying that she knows how to make a case and defend her position. I also think she is smart enough to know what she needs to do about Donald. I find it tiresome to watch all these pundits and news readers talking about what Kamala needs to do. Fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 100September 9, 2024 4:58 PM

I'm quite optimistic about this debate. Kamala will benefit from comparisons with Biden's last performance. My only concern is that, as previous posters have pointed out, the bar is set so low for Trump that all he has to do for the media to spin him as "presidential" is string together a semi-coherent sentence.

by Anonymousreply 101September 9, 2024 4:58 PM

Who is working with her on Debate Prep? Trump has Tulsi and while I cannot stand that opportunistic POS bitch, she should not be underestimated. Of course when she blindsided Kamala in 2020, I think Kamala just didn't know that much about her. But now she does. We all do.

by Anonymousreply 102September 9, 2024 4:59 PM

r102 They haven't really divulged her debate prep team for some reason, I have wondered about that as well.

Also, Tulsi was just used as a Kamala stand-in, not really as a debate coach.

by Anonymousreply 103September 9, 2024 5:03 PM

Polls have shown that Harris has a lot of room to grow. An NBC poll shows that 32% of voters want to know more about her. That's why she needs to ignore Trump during the debate and talk about her policies in plain language. Tump, on the other hand, has a concrete ceiling with little to no room to grow.

Ex-Gop lawmaker David Jolley:

“He knows he has nothing to gain” at Tuesday night’s debate, Jolly said on MSNBC over the weekend. “Donald Trump is going to finish this race at 46 or 47%.”

Trump won 46.1% of the vote in his successful 2016 campaign, and 46.8% in his losing bid in 2020.

“There’s nothing left for Donald Trump to do in the last 60 days except try to attack Vice President Harris in very vile ways,” he said. Jolly also had some advice for Harris ahead of Tuesday night’s debate.

“Be prepared for a conversation with the moderators and almost ignore Donald Trump,” he said. “He’s a convicted criminal who’s a liar, who’s boorish, racist and xenophobic, and whose word you can’t trust or take seriously.”

by Anonymousreply 104September 9, 2024 5:05 PM

R102 I know Philippe Reines (former senior advisor and deputy SoS for Hillary) is playing Trump in their debate prep. He did the same for Hillz in 2016 and apparently this guy has basically sacrificed his life and sanity going full method in order to completely embody Trump and his full spectrum of personality disorders.

I wish he would make an appearance on Colbert or the Daily Show or something in full character after the debate. It would be amazing to see.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105September 9, 2024 5:09 PM

He's gonna go after crime in California, hard. Try and tie her as much as possible to whatever independents don't like about that state.

by Anonymousreply 106September 9, 2024 5:11 PM

[quote] I find it tiresome to watch all these pundits and news readers talking about what Kamala needs to do. Fuck them.

Like this?

[quote] Soon you will walk onto an empty television set and face off against Donald Trump, who will be standing a few feet away. Even though his appearance will be familiar, it will still be shocking in real life. Trump is a cartoon figure come to life. He is a puff of ludicrousness up top, affected scowl, schlubby suit, too-long tie, orange tint and weeble-wobble body that can’t conceivably be real, but is.

[quote]Take a breath and center yourself in this moment. This is your moment. Appreciate it. Have gratitude for it, and welcome the immense responsibility at hand that you will meet because history and your destiny require that you meet it. You will.

by Anonymousreply 107September 9, 2024 5:14 PM

r107 LOL!

by Anonymousreply 108September 9, 2024 5:18 PM

r81 = bot

by Anonymousreply 109September 9, 2024 5:23 PM

R107 Schmidt forgot to mention the stench.

by Anonymousreply 110September 9, 2024 5:24 PM

R99 but we expect a lot of shit to come out of him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111September 9, 2024 5:26 PM

At least mule face, Dana Bash, won't be moderating this time.

by Anonymousreply 112September 9, 2024 5:26 PM

R106 That's when she can question him on why, if he was so displeased with her performance as California AG, he donated to her campaign in both 2010 and 2014.

by Anonymousreply 113September 9, 2024 5:40 PM

You can’t really compare the 2020 Tulsi/Kamala debate moment with tomorrow night’s dynamic. In 2020 it was a very crowded group of primary contenders on that stage. And it was unusual and unexpected that one of them would use their few minutes of air time to go brutal on Harris, who was single digits or low teens at best in the polls.

No one is under any such illusions about tomorrow night. It’s 90 minutes of 1 against 1 and everyone understands this.

by Anonymousreply 114September 9, 2024 5:43 PM

I saw a Trump supporter asked if she was nervous about Trump making insulting remarks during the debate. She said no but if he says Kamala in not intelligent that's ok because she is. These people are completely brainwashed.

by Anonymousreply 115September 9, 2024 5:47 PM

"At least mule face, Dana Bash, won't be moderating this time."

Worse, we'll have Miss Muir in all of her regal splendor.

Miss Muir will be far more interested in her makeup and hair than she will be in being a moderator in a debate.

Last time Muir and Trump were in the same room together, Trump ran over Miss Muir like a sewer lid in the street.

by Anonymousreply 116September 9, 2024 5:49 PM

After the Biden debacle, I'm kind of nervous (I don't think anyone realized he'd fall apart the way he did), but have to think that Harris realizes this is her Big Moment and will do everything possible to prepare, look serious and not overdo it with the laughter. But because she's a woman, she's got to temper her response to Trump. He doesn't really have to do anything - just bluster & bloviate & of course Maggie will love him for it - but Harris has to present herself as a credible alternative to this walking Dumpster Fire.

by Anonymousreply 117September 9, 2024 5:50 PM

Same here R117. I have to watch, 100% - and it’s going to be stressful.

One moment from the Dana Bash CNN interview that gives me hope. Dana teed up a race-bait question. One that Trump and all the both-sides, horse-race media types wanted her to struggle with.

Nope. She dismissed the question, made Dana look a fool for asking it, and did so with a wonderful smile and chuckle. And it was reported that way. A confident dismissal. I don’t think Hillary, for all her strengths, ever quite had the “alpha woman finesse” to handle bad questions like that.

So there is reason to hope! Like a lot of us.. I’m anxious but optimistic that Kamala Harris will meet this moment.

by Anonymousreply 118September 9, 2024 6:01 PM

[quote]and not overdo it with the laughter

Her debate prep team probably drilled this point into her hard. Whatever Trump says about the Afghanistan withdrawal will be patently laughable. But she can't, under any circumstance as much as smirk at his response, because people died in that withdrawal and that kind of a reaction would look extremely bad.

Honestly, you could say the same about inflation and immigration and certain other hot-button issues as well. She can laugh at him once she's president.

by Anonymousreply 119September 9, 2024 6:06 PM

He'll self destruct.

by Anonymousreply 120September 9, 2024 6:32 PM

He won't, this is far from his first debate. He just needs to not shit himself and the debate will be declared a tie.

by Anonymousreply 121September 9, 2024 6:33 PM

No matter what he says or how he says it, the media and fucking Van Jones will orgasm over it.

He could go off on a racist rant and the media will make excuses for him.

Kamala could pause in the “wrong” part of a sentence, or give that fat cunt the side eye and the media will scream about how “unqualified” she is.

The media make me sick, which is why I don’t watch or read anything those lying ass kissers put out. I’m sick of their obsequiousness to that fucking traitor.

by Anonymousreply 122September 9, 2024 6:44 PM

R121 … June 27 was probably Joe Biden’s 100th debate!

by Anonymousreply 123September 9, 2024 6:44 PM

For all of Dump's faults, I think these debates play to his showman tendencies and he never presents a credible argument so his supporters will love him for calling her a phony, Biden lackey and god knows whatever else - to.her.face. So I think he'll do well because he has nothing to lose. And I think he could shit himself and it wouldn't make a bit of difference. But still is an old man and I think if she can bring that out, that will help. But it's all on Harris and he just has to bring the heat.

by Anonymousreply 124September 9, 2024 6:46 PM

I think both will be off their game for the first five or ten minutes. So hopefully people don't freak out too much as she adjusts and finds her footing.

by Anonymousreply 125September 9, 2024 6:49 PM

Trump will be Trump and Kamala will be Kamala. Everybody relax.

by Anonymousreply 126September 9, 2024 6:56 PM

^And childcare is childcare.

by Anonymousreply 127September 9, 2024 7:00 PM

Do we think he'll mispronounce her name? I hope she doesn't correct him, could come across like a schoolmarm.

by Anonymousreply 128September 9, 2024 7:00 PM

R128 If he does, it would be hilarious if her rebuttal begins with, "Thank you, DonOLD..."

by Anonymousreply 129September 9, 2024 7:03 PM

[quote] Those two moderators won’t press Trump with follow-up questions or confront him when he tells whopper lies.

That’s Harris’ job.

by Anonymousreply 130September 9, 2024 7:25 PM

He's ranting about Kamala visiting Penzeys and calling Warren Pocahontas right now, in case you were wondering how he was preparing for the debate.

by Anonymousreply 131September 9, 2024 7:32 PM

I know it's beating a dead horse to, again, point it out, but Trump's tremendous, real advantage is he has been allowed to flourish absent any standards of behavior, performance, and just plain old human decency.

So, if he shows up with the merest, most minimal civil behavior and manages to string together a couple of semi-cogent policy statements he'll have exceeded the lowest bar, and the media and his moronic supporters will declare him "the winner".

I agree with the advice from David Jolly. Harris is the one with the burden of standards. So, she should treat the debate like a discussion with the moderators and the American voters.

Most likely, if the usual ill-behaved Trump shows up, Trump will prosecute Trump.

He'll be like a defendant taking the stand when he doesn't have to. He'll provide all the evidence from his own mouth to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he has no business anywhere near public power.

But then again, that may not matter either. Because after Trump tried to violently loot American votes on Jan 6th, if you're still exasperatingly "undecided" and/or "independent" I wonder about you.

by Anonymousreply 132September 9, 2024 7:37 PM

I'm sure Don, Jr. has loaded-up daddy with some withering zingers to fling at Kamala:

"Pocahontas was Indian... until she was black"

by Anonymousreply 133September 9, 2024 7:42 PM

They're both sorta "incumbents", but Trump's incumbency is much more egregious than hers. No one wants to talk about his four years of scandal, firings, inertia, broken promises... and the spread of Covid like fire while Turd said, "It'll go awaayyy".

And now he's really old.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134September 9, 2024 7:51 PM

Kamala is new to many of us, but she is not new to this set up. She came from a family of activists including her own maternal grandparents. She has grit and grace. I think people need to realize she is going to be talking to t he viewing audience, period, not to Trump. And those moderators better take care. I hope she g ets a chance t o call them out on their kid glove handling of Trump. At the very least she ought to say, "That's it? You are going to accept that answer? Seriously?"

by Anonymousreply 135September 9, 2024 7:51 PM

Hope you all recall it was Steve Schmidt that gave us Sarah Pailin.

by Anonymousreply 136September 9, 2024 7:52 PM

We know, R136. You and your fellow MAGAts and Trumptards have been repeating that ad nauseum for a least a decade now.

by Anonymousreply 137September 9, 2024 7:55 PM

The mics are off for each candidate when not officially speaking, but who's to stop them from speaking anyway? Trump probably will. So Kamala might as well also.

Whenever Trump is addressing a question, she should speak in a voice loud enough only for Trump to hear, "Fat Pig, Small Mushroom Dick. Fat Pig. Small Mushroom Dick. Fat Pig. Small Mushroom Dick......"

by Anonymousreply 138September 9, 2024 8:08 PM

Any chance Trump will bring up Willie Brown? If he does I hope Kamala brings up Stormy Daniels.

by Anonymousreply 139September 9, 2024 8:29 PM

I find one of the more significant aspects of this to be that this will be their first time meeting face to face.

by Anonymousreply 140September 9, 2024 8:35 PM

I dont know anymore. I have fucking given up. These polls are so fucking close. The guy is a fucking treasonist criminal. What the FUCK kind of country are we?

I am checking out of this shit until Election Night.

Something seems FUCKED to me.

I need meds I think

by Anonymousreply 141September 9, 2024 8:47 PM

If she loses she can say it was deepfaked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142September 9, 2024 9:10 PM

[quote]If she loses

She won't.

by Anonymousreply 143September 9, 2024 10:21 PM

Is Miss Lindsey helping Trump with debate prep also? She was just in Europe a few days ago. She loves those junkets. She relishes Trump more.

by Anonymousreply 144September 9, 2024 11:03 PM

[quote]If she loses she can say it was deepfaked.

If she loses, it would be fair for her to blame the party for nominating someone like her who had previously done so poorly in the primary process. That's the party's fault, not hers.

by Anonymousreply 145September 9, 2024 11:04 PM

Lachlan Murdoch’s Fox News promotes Trump and his lies 24/7. This is what the MAGAts listen to and believe. There’s no hearing of the alternatives. Critical thinking is null with them.

by Anonymousreply 146September 9, 2024 11:12 PM

If she is speaking and Trump is heard off mic mumbling crap, Kamala needs to ask, " will somebody change his diaper?"

by Anonymousreply 147September 9, 2024 11:20 PM

I wonder of he'll give her that evil handshake... You know, the one where he grabs the hand real hard, pulls the person in real close, and then won't let go.

She needs to be prepared for that.

If I were in her shoes, I wouldn't even shake that motherfucker's hand. Let him stand there with it out while I walked to the podium.

by Anonymousreply 148September 9, 2024 11:24 PM

Trump stopped shaking hands

by Anonymousreply 149September 9, 2024 11:26 PM

Really, R149? Since when?

by Anonymousreply 150September 9, 2024 11:28 PM

I hope we get an “Excuse me, Mr. Former President, I’m speaking."

by Anonymousreply 151September 9, 2024 11:36 PM

R151, no, just, 'Mr. Trump" and even that is more than he deserves.

by Anonymousreply 152September 10, 2024 12:23 AM

[quote] I hope we get an “Excuse me, Mr. Former President, I’m speaking."

Trump will just say your not speaking you're lying.

I hope we get a "Did you interrupt Stormy this much?"

by Anonymousreply 153September 10, 2024 12:55 AM

[quote]Lachlan Murdoch’s Fox News promotes Trump and his lies 24/7. This is what the MAGAts listen to and believe. There’s no hearing of the alternatives. Critical thinking is null with them.

Everyone knows what Fox News and MSNBC are like and how their viewers believe what they hear with no thought behind it.

by Anonymousreply 154September 10, 2024 1:19 AM

Come on, R95. Close-ups of Trump's Neck Pussy require a proper warning of what we're about to see.

by Anonymousreply 155September 10, 2024 1:20 AM

Too bad someone doesn't just grab him by it., R155. I'm sure he'd let them...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156September 10, 2024 1:25 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157September 10, 2024 1:26 AM

She needs to focus on what she can do for America. Pretend Stinky isn't there. And how she will be President for ALL people, not just liberals.

That's one thing the low IQ Trumpers are afraid of: they'll be pursued and imprisoned like them Jan. 6th patriots. All Deplorables want to know is that Uncle Sam will take care of his simple-minded children.

by Anonymousreply 158September 10, 2024 1:29 AM

R154 = troll or CNN.

by Anonymousreply 159September 10, 2024 1:33 AM

Can't wait. She's going to make him cry. He'll probably walk off because he will think people are being rude and mean to him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160September 10, 2024 1:38 AM

Doug Emhoff:

[quote] “If the goal is to make us afraid, it’s not working. I’m from Jersey. She’s from Oakland. We don’t scare that easy.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161September 10, 2024 2:02 AM

Once again, it is merely a festival of soundbites, because those are the only coverage shown on network and cable news.

by Anonymousreply 162September 10, 2024 2:11 AM

I like both the idea of a pre-rebuttal and the content almost as much as I like Harris communications director Michael Tyler

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163September 10, 2024 2:12 AM

Trump may use some of the stuff from this CNN report.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164September 10, 2024 2:16 AM

The "debate" will sway no one. The Blue 48% and Red 48% are calcifed like the Union and Confederacy in a unyeilding cold Civil War. The undecided headless nitwit 2% in only 4 states will determine the POTUS. Their vote will be based on who cut them off in traffic on the way to the polling site .Nov 5.

by Anonymousreply 165September 10, 2024 2:21 AM

r150 He didn't shake Hillary's hand on their third and final debate in 2016. So that's when.

by Anonymousreply 166September 10, 2024 3:17 AM

Didn't shake Biden's...

by Anonymousreply 167September 10, 2024 3:38 AM

Those poor pee pee girls; are they still alive?

by Anonymousreply 168September 10, 2024 8:40 AM

Thanks R166 / R167. I didn't remember that. That's good -- because that's one less thing she'll have to worry about.

by Anonymousreply 169September 10, 2024 11:08 AM

Trump will be controlled, but say nothing. He will lie, but come off as sane and will control the proceedings. The American media will declare him the winner and his poll numbers will rise. He only performs for an audience, so, under these controlled circumstances ( thanks to the Biden campaign) he will not be tempted to say inane things.

by Anonymousreply 170September 10, 2024 12:20 PM

r170 may very well be right, but I think Harris will also "control the proceedings", too.

I've argued that the trickiest part for Harris (and a possibility they've prepared her for) is if Trump defies conventional expectations and somehow manages to muster for 90 minutes the merest veneer of civility and some semblance of policy.

The expectation game favors Trump because there are none for him, a sickening thing in and of itself.

Harris will do well. She'll perform way more than competently, a measure spared Trump, although you'd never think so, given his cultists think white, wealthy male privilege is a myth.

Trump, in fact, embodies and personifies the reality of white privilege.

by Anonymousreply 171September 10, 2024 12:44 PM

by Anonymousreply 172September 10, 2024 12:53 PM

[quote] I've argued that the trickiest part for Harris (and a possibility they've prepared her for) is if Trump defies conventional expectations and somehow manages to muster for 90 minutes the merest veneer of civility and some semblance of policy.

Have you ever seen this?

His strategy seems to be to rile up his base, not to appeal to anyone not already in his camp.

by Anonymousreply 173September 10, 2024 12:55 PM

"Trump triumphs!" - Fox News

" Harris carries the day!" - MSNBC

" Hey, there's a sale at Target!" - America

by Anonymousreply 174September 10, 2024 1:02 PM

What color suit will Kamala wear tonight?

by Anonymousreply 175September 10, 2024 1:06 PM

I hope she wears black with pearls.

A Trump funeral.

by Anonymousreply 176September 10, 2024 1:08 PM

[quote]0

Nice O-face, r172.

by Anonymousreply 177September 10, 2024 1:25 PM

I think he was attempting to do anus mouth, to mock Trump.

by Anonymousreply 178September 10, 2024 1:27 PM

Anus mouth, O-face? Let's call the whole thing off.

by Anonymousreply 179September 10, 2024 1:29 PM

It’s a zero. Part of the countdown.

It’s TODAY! At last!

by Anonymousreply 180September 10, 2024 1:40 PM

[quote]What color suit will Kamala wear tonight?

Don't know, but Trump will be wearing a blue suit, a red tie that goes down to his crotch ( compensating for his tiny peen), and a white diaper. Red, white, and blue - how patriotic!

by Anonymousreply 181September 10, 2024 1:47 PM

r180 Gurl, we know, we're just killing time by horsing around.

by Anonymousreply 182September 10, 2024 1:48 PM

The brown seeping out kind of kills the illusion, r181.

by Anonymousreply 183September 10, 2024 1:48 PM

I'm nervous! Trump got credit for being a good debater against Hillary for one or two snappy comebacks and bellowing 'wrong' into the mic. He could speak backwards and in tongues and 1/2 of America will still be like Trump did great.

by Anonymousreply 184September 10, 2024 1:50 PM

[quote] Gurl, we know, we're just killing time by horsing around.

by Anonymousreply 185September 10, 2024 1:51 PM

The right wing press has already decidded how they are going to spin this disaster into a pretend "win" for their side. Indeed, the headlines have already been written.

by Anonymousreply 186September 10, 2024 1:51 PM

Trump will be high on amphetamines, you can depend on it.

by Anonymousreply 187September 10, 2024 1:54 PM

And probably adderall

by Anonymousreply 188September 10, 2024 1:54 PM

Not watching. It will only infuriate and depress me. It won’t change my vote for Harris.

by Anonymousreply 189September 10, 2024 2:00 PM

Adderall is an amphetamine.

by Anonymousreply 190September 10, 2024 2:01 PM

And? It's super effective in treating ADHD, I know psychiatrists who use it.

by Anonymousreply 191September 10, 2024 2:03 PM

Response to r188.

by Anonymousreply 192September 10, 2024 2:05 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193September 10, 2024 3:00 PM

He is going to go right on the attack from his very first utterance. She will have to spend time introducing herself to the nation, since she did no television appearances that could have done that. While she is articulating her policies, he will constantly tie her to the "immigration czar" title and the inflation. He will be relentless and she had better take the offensive first, but probably won't because she has to give her qualifications first. The moderators will once again be useless and let him get away with everything, because they are afraid of him.

by Anonymousreply 194September 10, 2024 4:40 PM

I hope she treats him like a felon she’s cross examining on the stand.

Drag him, Madame VP! Drag him for the filth he is!

by Anonymousreply 195September 10, 2024 5:29 PM

She has made plenty of public appearances explaining her positions. I have no clue what Trump’s policies are.

What precisely is his position on abortion? What does he plan to do on immigration? Does he believe the wall is the solution? If so, why didn’t he build one? How on earth will he deport the numbers of people he proposes? How will he fight inflation? Ordering his cabinet members to fight it is really not a solution.

by Anonymousreply 196September 10, 2024 6:05 PM

[quote]If she loses, it would be fair for her to blame the party for nominating someone like her who had previously done so poorly in the primary process. That's the party's fault, not hers.

Few candidates have a longer history of deep, deep humiliation in the primary process than Trump and Biden

by Anonymousreply 197September 10, 2024 6:10 PM

I think she should cut a really loud fart, then turn to Trump and Say, Mr. Trump do you need to use the bathroom? YOU just farted!

by Anonymousreply 198September 10, 2024 7:11 PM

That TV ad at r193 is simple but very effective, especially for the targeted audience at Fox. Mocking to the max, cutting him right down to size to look like the boring, blowhard clow he is. In contrast to Kamala's enthusiastic rallies. This is very good, she has a smart ad team.

by Anonymousreply 199September 10, 2024 9:29 PM

OMG! OMG!

I bought popcorn. I’m ready.

by Anonymousreply 200September 10, 2024 10:42 PM

I miss the days when no one gave a shit about politics to the extent that it was treated like a sports event. This is the fault of the media which depends on ratings. It’s now a Jerry Springer episode.

by Anonymousreply 201September 10, 2024 10:56 PM

Minutes ago. Manu, get over here and get me attention.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202September 10, 2024 11:19 PM

Thanks for posting that, R202. It gave me a chance to see how the other half lives.

by Anonymousreply 203September 10, 2024 11:25 PM

Kimmy will have DJT coked-up.

by Anonymousreply 204September 10, 2024 11:27 PM

Kevin Sorbo

[quote] Babylon Bee has acquired the demands of Kamala Harris in tonights debate:

[quote] 1.Moderators must respond to all of Kamala's answers with "you KNOW das right" or "guuuuuurl, say it!": Conversely, all of Trump's answers must be met with boos and hisses.

[quote] 2.The debate is to be held 3 hours before air time and edited down to her best 7 minutes: It's standard practice with all Kamala Harris public appearances.

[quote] 3.She will be awarded extra points for each accent she uses: Being multi-lingual should have its advantages.

[quote] 4.Trump will be docked speaking time for being white and male:Plus, he's wealthy, so he's lucky to even be allowed to speak at all.

[quote] 5.Jamaal Bowman must be stationed by the fire alarm: Just in case things aren't going Kamala's way.

[quote] 6. She must be given the opportunity to sleep with the moderator the night before: Kamala always has to have her secret weapon up her sleeve.

[quote] While Kamala drives a hard bargain, it's plain to see that the viewing public is in for quite a treat tomorrow night — especially once everything Trump says is edited out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205September 10, 2024 11:59 PM

[quote]That TV ad at [R193] is simple but very effective, especially for the targeted audience at Fox. Mocking to the max, cutting him right down to size to look like the boring, blowhard clow he is. In contrast to Kamala's enthusiastic rallies. This is very good, she has a smart ad team.

It looks like the kind of ad that the Lincoln Project would do, which is an ad that is actually made to amuse the left, giving them what they want to see and focusing on what the left thinks is interesting, but having no effect on Republicans. Who would really believe that voters who are pumped to vote in November on illegal immigration and inflation would pay any attention to an ad about crowd size? It's just masturbation material for Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 206September 11, 2024 12:01 AM

I no longer work but for people who do, they should start these things at 8:00 PM instead of 9:00, it's to be 90 minutes long.

by Anonymousreply 207September 11, 2024 12:05 AM

That ad is directed at an audience of one, R206.

by Anonymousreply 208September 11, 2024 12:05 AM

Stelter!

by Anonymousreply 209September 11, 2024 12:13 AM

Is it on yet?

by Anonymousreply 210September 11, 2024 12:16 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211September 11, 2024 12:25 AM

Damn, Kevin Sorbo, what a fucking asshole. I knew he was a Trump Cult jackass, but seriously, that is above and beyond at r205. You know das right! Jesus fuck.

by Anonymousreply 212September 11, 2024 12:28 AM

I don't care how much "prep" Trump submitted to from Gaetz and Gabbard.

He's going to go rogue. His cheese will totally abandon the cracker.

Trump is convinced only Trump knows best.

by Anonymousreply 213September 11, 2024 12:30 AM

He can ONLY go rogue. There is zero chance that no matter what prep he got, which was probably minimal to begin with, he truly understands shit about shit. There is no policy he really understands and nothing he can talk about intelligently with any depth. It's all just slogans and insults for him, and that's all he will ever be capable of. I'll give him a little credit for at least understanding that about himself, and so he will simply blow off any advice to stick to the issues. He just can't.

by Anonymousreply 214September 11, 2024 12:35 AM

I think he totally shot his load and we’ll see haggard Dump.

by Anonymousreply 215September 11, 2024 12:37 AM

Trump will probably be sedated.

by Anonymousreply 216September 11, 2024 12:41 AM

r215 The mental image you just provided with this post was loud and highly unnecessary.

by Anonymousreply 217September 11, 2024 12:45 AM

If only he has a stroke on TV tonight..............

by Anonymousreply 218September 11, 2024 1:01 AM

Attempting an own by passionately acknowledging that the Biden administration's plans to cancel student loan debt were stopped by a SCOTUS that is filled with judges you elected is wild.

by Anonymousreply 219September 11, 2024 1:28 AM

He took the bait again!

She got him going on rallies!

by Anonymousreply 220September 11, 2024 1:29 AM

They're Eating Spot!

They're Eating Rover!

They're Eating Fido!

by Anonymousreply 221September 11, 2024 1:30 AM

Lock up your dogs! Lock up your cats!

They killing everybody out here!!!

by Anonymousreply 222September 11, 2024 1:36 AM

He wants to call her the n-word so bad it is eating him up alive

by Anonymousreply 223September 11, 2024 1:41 AM

Part 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224September 11, 2024 1:42 AM

by Anonymousreply 225September 11, 2024 5:15 AM

r126 here...

by Anonymousreply 226September 11, 2024 5:57 AM

What the fuck happened to this thread?

All that lead up, and only 8 posts?

by Anonymousreply 227September 11, 2024 12:34 PM

I love the ad at r193

by Anonymousreply 228September 11, 2024 2:09 PM

I'm glad the Lincoln Project is on our side.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229September 11, 2024 3:41 PM

R227, there were two other threads about the debate that maxed out. You’re on the straggler thread.

by Anonymousreply 230September 11, 2024 5:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!