Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jack Smith Files Mystery Sealed Document in Donald Trump Case

In a new twist in the federal election interference case against former President Donald Trump, Special Counsel Jack Smith has submitted a mystery document, hidden from both the public and Trump's lawyers.

The filing was made in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, where Judge Tanya Chutkan is overseeing the case.

A Wednesday court notice shows that Smith filed a document titled "Government's Classified, Ex Parte, In Camera, and Under Seal Notice Regarding Classified Discovery," a formal way of saying the Department of Justice (DOJ) has submitted a confidential document that contains classified information in the case.

Here's a breakdown:

Classified: The document includes sensitive or secret information that is restricted from public access for security reasons.

Ex Parte: This means the document was submitted by the government without notifying the defense. Only Judge Chutkan is informed, and the defense does not get to see it.

In Camera: Judge Chutkan will review this document privately, without the presence of either party's lawyers.

Under Seal: The document is kept completely confidential—it cannot be accessed by the public or other parties involved in the case.

What on earth could this be? Also, I did a search in case there is already an existing thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38September 26, 2024 11:09 PM

Assistance from hostile foreign government in coup attempt as disclosed by US asset overseas?

by Anonymousreply 1September 5, 2024 2:28 PM

Ass kissing judge compliments Dump in court this morning.

by Anonymousreply 2September 5, 2024 2:30 PM

Ass kissing judge compliments Dump in court this morning.

by Anonymousreply 3September 5, 2024 2:33 PM

Somebody big ratted Dump out?

by Anonymousreply 4September 5, 2024 2:33 PM

Judge Chutkan is not complimenting Trump.

by Anonymousreply 5September 5, 2024 2:36 PM

If it's the classified and locked down, it's potentially really bad for accordion hands

by Anonymousreply 6September 5, 2024 2:40 PM

Maybe they finally figured out who Dump sold the never recovered classified documents to.

by Anonymousreply 7September 5, 2024 2:46 PM

That’d be the Florida case re-filed though, wouldn’t it?

by Anonymousreply 8September 5, 2024 3:13 PM

OP- That was a sweet tidbit and a savory explanation. All the proof is available, if we can ever hear it.

Mark Meadows flipped and he had to have every conceivable proof of everything. Where's the missing Russian binder? The silence is deafening. The Democrats haven't forgotten about it and there must be a reason they aren't mentioning it. Probably at Nancy's/DOJ direction.

They all testified; Mark, Hope, Casey, and his lawyer Evan who already admitted he warned TSF and cabal, that they were committing crimes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 5, 2024 3:21 PM

R8 I hope not as Aileen Cannon would just dismiss it all again.

by Anonymousreply 10September 5, 2024 3:21 PM

Under no circumstances can Trump be allowed the presidency. Every cell in his body is totally criminal.

by Anonymousreply 11September 5, 2024 3:29 PM

[quote] Where's the missing Russian binder?

Are the binders full of women?

by Anonymousreply 12September 5, 2024 3:30 PM

R7 It could be and Jack Smith is doing everything in his power to be sure this piece of scum isn't elected.

by Anonymousreply 13September 5, 2024 3:33 PM

We declare these all official Presidential acts and he is immune from prosecution in this matter. (But this only applies to Donald Trump).

by Anonymousreply 14September 5, 2024 3:38 PM

THIS is the October Surprise in the queue.

by Anonymousreply 15September 5, 2024 3:45 PM

It's the pee tape.

by Anonymousreply 16September 5, 2024 4:06 PM

I like the Ex Parte part. That’ll keep Trump awake at night.

by Anonymousreply 17September 5, 2024 4:20 PM

Interesting statement from Trump’s lawyers regarding that Justice Thomas instructed them.

by Anonymousreply 18September 5, 2024 4:25 PM

Link please, R18.

by Anonymousreply 19September 5, 2024 5:11 PM

r16, the pee tape is an alleged video that Trump had made showing Russian hookers urinating on the bed Obama used on his trip to Moscow.

It is not a video of Russian hookers peeing on Trump.

Nobody cares about either. And neither is about national security.

by Anonymousreply 20September 5, 2024 5:18 PM

R18

Donald Trump's lawyers raised a federal judge's eyebrows by seemingly suggesting that U.S. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas was advising their defense.

Trump attorney John Lauro argued in a hearing Thursday before district judge Tanya Chutkan that a ruling by another federal judge that challenged the appointment of special counsel Jack Smith should apply in the District of Columbia election interference case, saying the opinion by Florida-based judge Aileen Cannon should serve as binding precedent.

Chutkan asked why the defense didn't challenge the special counsel's authority last year, and Lauro said a concurring opinion penned by Thomas in the D.C. immunity ruling raised the issue of Smith's authority, which Cannon then used to justify her dismissal of Trump's charges in the classified documents case.

Lauro then told the court that Thomas directed them to raise this issue, according to CBS News correspondent Scott MacFarlane, who said the statement seemed to catch Chutkan by surprise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21September 5, 2024 6:27 PM

Thank you, R21.

by Anonymousreply 22September 5, 2024 6:33 PM

If it's the pee tape, he'll be selling vials/viles of it by tomorrow.

Maybe they'll find out he raped a woman, stole government secrets, defrauded his donors and tried to overthrow the government. That will do him in for sure.

by Anonymousreply 23September 5, 2024 6:38 PM

R23 you’re right. Repukes and his base will never abandon him. The thing we must continue to do is keep exposing him for the piece of shit that he is. The point is not to change the minds of the cult but to peel off voters here and there.

by Anonymousreply 24September 5, 2024 6:43 PM

I can't wait until the dia-beetus or hypertension does in Clarence Thomas. And his fat bitch wife.

by Anonymousreply 25September 5, 2024 9:28 PM

Trump’s really running scared between Kamala and the Jack Smith document.

I just turned on FOX News in time to hear him talk about migrants and hear that “Iowa is a border state”. Now he’s on how 1.8 million jobs were lost last month to illegal migrants. Now, something, something about Kamala and McDonald’s fries.

David Muir lost credibility. He corrected me! His ratings are down and deserve to go down. The other one I never heard of and I don’t want to hear about her.

Now South America AND Asia are emptying out their jails and they’re coming to the US.

Trump is losing it rapidly. He’s sniffing again and his breathing sounds labored. One rant after another but low energy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26September 26, 2024 9:05 PM

His voice is really raspy too. Probably as a result of screaming all day.

by Anonymousreply 27September 26, 2024 9:07 PM

I want Jack Smith inside me quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 28September 26, 2024 9:12 PM

He just said, “I won the election in 2016 because I fixed the border”.

by Anonymousreply 29September 26, 2024 9:15 PM

Trump will not be reelected. His next home is not the White House but the Big House.

by Anonymousreply 30September 26, 2024 9:29 PM

So, if this can only be seen by the judge, how will it be used?

Can the judge make a decision solely based on information that is not disclosed to the defense?

And, it not disclosed, his cult members will call it fake news.

by Anonymousreply 31September 26, 2024 9:29 PM

But Mr. Smith has said the package would also include a separate version with proposed redactions that Judge Chutkan may decide at some point to place on the public docket. A consortium of news organizations, including The New York Times, is expected to ask her to unseal the material.

by Anonymousreply 32September 26, 2024 9:32 PM

Oh no he didn’t!

by Anonymousreply 33September 26, 2024 9:34 PM

Barron is Eric's son.

by Anonymousreply 34September 26, 2024 9:37 PM

R26, he came after David Muir?

That's the last straw! Get him, gays!

by Anonymousreply 35September 26, 2024 9:40 PM

So Dump supposedly had another press conference today at 4:30? This is the first I’m hearing about it, which is good, since it means the news networks aren’t covering it.

by Anonymousreply 36September 26, 2024 9:42 PM

Several times R35. And, he’s still waiting for an apology from David and ABC. Imagine that.

He’s really pissed that Kamala is going to the border tomorrow because she has had four years to fix the migrant problem. She really doesn’t have to go because she can sign a piece of paper tonight and fix it.

I knew he was insane but this was something else. Watching this was like going through the car wash while being strapped to the roof of my car.

He also sounds like someone who has COPD.

by Anonymousreply 37September 26, 2024 10:09 PM

Maybe he’s goin down with Diddy 🤣

by Anonymousreply 38September 26, 2024 11:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!