Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Amy Adams IS Nightbitch

Oh God

It’s like seeing Glenn lose again made her go crazy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34September 10, 2024 7:30 PM

! will NOT play bad horror when I am OLD!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1September 3, 2024 5:35 PM

Finally we get a trailer for this movie I've been hearing so much about for so long.

Seems too kooky for the Academy. But then I said that exact same thing about Poor Things.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 3, 2024 5:41 PM

Heaux are fighting for the gold.

Glenn's gone black and Amy Adams has turned into a dog.

by Anonymousreply 3September 3, 2024 5:45 PM

NOW I want to see this. Looks good to me.

by Anonymousreply 4September 3, 2024 5:46 PM

[Quote] Nightbitch tells the story of a woman (Adams) thrown into the stay-at-home routine of raising a toddler in the suburbs, who slowly embraces the feral power deeply rooted in motherhood, as she becomes increasingly aware of the bizarre and undeniable signs that she may be turning into a canine.

Sounds ruff.

by Anonymousreply 5September 3, 2024 5:48 PM

Nightbitch: That was my name in the early 70s. I swallowed A LOT to earn that title.

by Anonymousreply 6September 3, 2024 5:49 PM

I think this looks cool actually!

by Anonymousreply 7September 3, 2024 5:51 PM

I saw an interesting piece on this in Vanity Fair — the screenplay writer and director Marielle Heller was deep in the shit of early stage motherhood herself when she worked on it. Sleep deprived and resentful and borderline feral herself.

by Anonymousreply 8September 3, 2024 5:52 PM

Those dogs are so cute!

by Anonymousreply 9September 3, 2024 5:53 PM

Oscar for Amy.

by Anonymousreply 10September 3, 2024 5:56 PM

r9 They always are. Dogs in movies is cheating.

by Anonymousreply 11September 3, 2024 5:58 PM

They can give Amy the Oscar to make up for her not winning for Junebug.

I have to watch that every couple of years. Her performance in that is SO good.

by Anonymousreply 12September 3, 2024 6:02 PM

R12---Damn I have not thought about that one in a while. That part at the end when she finds out what she finds out, was one of the truest acting moments that I have ever seen. She seems like decent person in real life, which makes it easy to root for her characters-

by Anonymousreply 13September 3, 2024 6:05 PM

I worked with one of the crewmembers that had a "NIghtbitch" crew jacket on, and I thought it was cool, stupid and hilarious at the same time. Looks like it's pretty spot on.

by Anonymousreply 14September 3, 2024 6:08 PM

So it's about reclaiming the derogatory "bitch" for women. that's pretty damn clever, weird how no one's ever thought of making a movie about that before. Can we do the same for faggot? Nightfag? Maybe?

by Anonymousreply 15September 3, 2024 6:13 PM

I thought this would be darker but it looks kinda fun.

by Anonymousreply 16September 3, 2024 6:18 PM

r16 So a bit like Deliverance.

by Anonymousreply 17September 3, 2024 6:23 PM

More like caustic burned out suburban mom gets hit with some The Conjuring and Teen Wolf vibes.

by Anonymousreply 18September 3, 2024 6:27 PM

Upon hearing the title I assumed the script had been written by either Kevin Smith or AI trained on 4Chan posts, but the trailer actually looks kind of fun.

by Anonymousreply 19September 3, 2024 6:46 PM

She’s gone feral.

by Anonymousreply 20September 3, 2024 6:53 PM

Original title was, "Shitty Little Ann".

by Anonymousreply 21September 3, 2024 8:16 PM

This looks interesting.

by Anonymousreply 22September 4, 2024 12:18 AM

It’s getting good reviews tonight. It premiered at TIFF tonight and it’s allegedly good but the trailer did a disservice to it.

by Anonymousreply 23September 8, 2024 3:48 AM

NICE!! R23, Many of those Goldderby predictors had Amy at # 1 or way up on their lists of potential nominees. I thought the trailer was FUCKED but cool and definitely made me want to see it (not an Oscar contender though) That is cool- I like her

by Anonymousreply 24September 8, 2024 3:51 AM

Amy Adams is 50 years old and the mother of a toddler.

by Anonymousreply 25September 8, 2024 4:01 AM

Have an abortion and stfu.

by Anonymousreply 26September 8, 2024 4:07 AM

Can You Ever Forgive Me is superb, so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and see this before passing judgement.

by Anonymousreply 27September 8, 2024 4:11 AM

R27- If you are saying that that film also looked "iffy" based on the trailer, then awesome. I LIKED the Nightbitch trailer, but did not get award vibes. Melissa was awesome in her film.

by Anonymousreply 28September 8, 2024 5:00 AM

Amy Adams ruins everything she’s in.

by Anonymousreply 29September 8, 2024 5:27 AM

I think Amy is long overdue for an Oscar. Just not sure if she'll get one for this.

by Anonymousreply 30September 8, 2024 6:08 AM

Some of the TIFF reviews came out.. General consensus so far is that the film does not go far enough and was too safe compared to the book. It sounds kind of trite in its message. Everything I saw gave it a solid B minus. Not a disaster by any means. Amy's performance is liked to loved. But based on the reviews, she is not a shoe in for a nomination, at all- and I suspect the momentum will die down and she will not be nominated at all.

by Anonymousreply 31September 10, 2024 5:21 PM

I think I can find time in my busy schedule to miss this.

by Anonymousreply 32September 10, 2024 5:27 PM

Eeek- This is the worst review yet, and it also commends Amy, albeit in a mean way..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33September 10, 2024 7:27 PM

And right here is what each review is saying in a different way-

This is from The Cinema Dispatch- Hunter Friesen-

They often say less is more, but in the case of Nightbitch, more would have been more. A little more zaniness here and a little more directness there would have lifted this well-meaning story out of the crowded category labeled “just fine.” A woman turning into a dog isn’t exactly doing just fine, and neither should a film with such promise as this.

by Anonymousreply 34September 10, 2024 7:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!