Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Apprentice first clip: Roy Cohn is Donald Trump's puppetmaster

LOL at Jeremy Strong's limp wrists

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27September 10, 2024 6:29 PM

Thank you for this incredibly important thread. I can understand you creating a new thread for it. It probably wouldn't fit anywhere in the already existing two million Trump thread. You are truly doing god's work. Don't let anyone tell you that you and your ilk have pretty much ruined Datalounge. Nope. You hold your head high. Your originality here is off the fucking charts. No. Really. It is. God bless.

by Anonymousreply 1September 3, 2024 2:32 PM

This is a thread above a movie. It's not a Trump thread.

Surely you can differentiate between a thread about Trump doing whatever nonsense he does on a daily basis, and a thread about a high profile movie about him?

Are you autistic or something?

by Anonymousreply 2September 3, 2024 2:37 PM

Trump is in the title of the thread but it's not a Trump thread. It's worse than I thought.

by Anonymousreply 3September 3, 2024 2:49 PM

One day Trump will die. Let's hope Miss Prisspot at R1 lives that long so we can resume endless discussions about Judy Garland, Faye Dunaway and hot young male starlets rumored to be gay, like Colton Haynes, Wentworth Miller and Lee Pace.

by Anonymousreply 4September 3, 2024 3:35 PM

Colto.

by Anonymousreply 5September 3, 2024 3:37 PM

I want to see Borat's daughter as Ivana. Sebastian should've been Trumpier, unless it's a directing choice and he later takes on Roy Cohn's personality fully. Because Cohn sounds like Trump.

by Anonymousreply 6September 3, 2024 3:52 PM

Apparently its getting an October release in the US

by Anonymousreply 7September 3, 2024 3:55 PM

Jeremy Strong is amazing in that clip.

by Anonymousreply 8September 3, 2024 4:11 PM

I hope they include a scene of Cohn, suffering in the late stages of AIDS, riding around with his bare ass up with the car ac blowing on his inflamed hemorrhoids.

by Anonymousreply 9September 3, 2024 5:16 PM

R7, so are you saying this could be an October surprise?

by Anonymousreply 10September 3, 2024 5:52 PM

I hope so r10. They include the rape scene of Ivana

by Anonymousreply 11September 3, 2024 6:14 PM

r1 is certifiable.

by Anonymousreply 12September 3, 2024 6:27 PM

It’s perfect timing to publicize how Roy Cohn has influenced the GOP, and the origin of the dark politics that have poisoned America. I really hope the film sheds more light on the thing that Trump is. The limo clip looks promising.

by Anonymousreply 13September 3, 2024 6:37 PM

They better not fucking wimp out on this!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 14September 3, 2024 6:44 PM

Do they depict the Epstein stuff?

by Anonymousreply 15September 3, 2024 6:46 PM

R1, the last person to complain in this manner is buried at the Bedminster Golf Course in a plot obscured by weeds and long grass.

by Anonymousreply 16September 3, 2024 6:54 PM

Jeremy Strong is fantastic in that clip. Not sure about the portrayal of Trump. He was always a complete egotist.

by Anonymousreply 17September 3, 2024 6:55 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 3, 2024 6:57 PM

So far, the film looks like it’s more about the hedonistic, Jewish, gay man who was the architect of the modern Republican party than Trump himself.

by Anonymousreply 19September 3, 2024 7:13 PM

Well yes it’s about Roy Cohn’s molding of Donald Trump.

What about the title confused you?

by Anonymousreply 20September 3, 2024 7:22 PM

R20 The film’s been described as a biopic of Trump’s early days, and the title refers to his hit reality show, so I didn’t know it focused on his relationship with Cohn (until the clips were released). I love that it flips the premise of Trump’s TV series.

by Anonymousreply 21September 3, 2024 8:09 PM

r6 is about 5 IQ points away from "getting it."

In the words of the great Dr. Norman Vincent Peale: "Try, really try."

by Anonymousreply 22September 3, 2024 8:18 PM

New trailer:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 10, 2024 3:03 PM

I long for this to be a blazing success which accelerates Trump's steep decline. Deep accurate satirical mockery across hundreds of big screens he's powerless to stop. His impotent lashing out would reach new lows of insanity. Crucial help to edge out the madman on 5 November.

by Anonymousreply 24September 10, 2024 3:53 PM

For over 40 years Trump has paired up with unethical and depraved attorneys who can either argue his illegal agenda or be his fix-it person.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 10, 2024 5:11 PM

Something about him is reminding me of Phillip Seymour-Hoffman.

by Anonymousreply 26September 10, 2024 5:29 PM

The late great Seymour-Hoffman would have been phenomenal as Trump.

by Anonymousreply 27September 10, 2024 6:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!