Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How much Xanax do you take?

I get 90 of the 2mg tablets per month. I usually have one with my morning meal to stay ahead of the anxiety. Then I have another at midday and a third before bed.

by Anonymousreply 37September 6, 2024 12:19 PM

Maybe tops 2 of the .25 mg per week. I have insomnia and use them when I wake up at 1 or 2 am and can't fall back to sleep.

by Anonymousreply 1September 3, 2024 12:35 PM

Zero.

I’ve refused it repeatedly. I don’t want to develop a new addiction.

by Anonymousreply 2September 3, 2024 12:44 PM

None. I take a benzo on very rare occasions or a low dose weed gummy to help with sleep.

3 / day sounds like a lot.

by Anonymousreply 3September 3, 2024 12:47 PM

Addicts R1and R2- -fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 4September 3, 2024 12:49 PM

Op and r1^^

by Anonymousreply 5September 3, 2024 12:50 PM

R4 is obviously under the influence.

by Anonymousreply 6September 3, 2024 1:23 PM

I get (30) 1 mg Atavan that usually last about three months. I get PET scans and have infusions to help with a cancer I'm dealing with. The PET scans make me claustrophobic and the others are for the days that I'm in the clinic all day. I rarely take them to deal with normal, everyday anxiety because, hey, that's life.

by Anonymousreply 7September 3, 2024 1:28 PM

never

by Anonymousreply 8September 3, 2024 1:29 PM

You gotta be careful with this shit. It's been linked to dementia/Alzheimer's. I had a great aunt who took them daily and long term; she ended up with onset dementia. While I can't say definitively this was the cause, there has been ongoing debate that they could be linked.

And yes I know the study below I've linked is 10 years old but it tracks that something that affects your brain this way could have long term consequences.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 3, 2024 7:48 PM

I can't take Xanax. It makes me enraged. Unusual but it happens. I do take Lorazepam as needed.

by Anonymousreply 10September 4, 2024 12:31 AM

Hope things get better for you, r7.

by Anonymousreply 11September 4, 2024 10:19 AM

I need to be a little zonked out all the time. My nerves are too bad not to be. It's the only way I can live.

by Anonymousreply 12September 5, 2024 8:35 AM

Here you go OP and R1:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 5, 2024 9:53 AM

MARY!

What are you so jittery about?!?

by Anonymousreply 14September 5, 2024 10:25 AM

Sid, get my stuff.

by Anonymousreply 15September 5, 2024 10:26 AM

I wish I could be zonked out all the time.

by Anonymousreply 16September 5, 2024 10:29 AM

OP, your doctor's a pusher. What happens when he or she stops prescribing and you can't find another doc-pusher to give your fix? You'll have the worst withdrawal of your life. Like Jill Clayburgh in I'm Dancing As Fast As I Can.

6 mg of Ativan a day is nuts.

by Anonymousreply 17September 5, 2024 10:32 AM

[quote] What happens when he or she stops prescribing and you can't find another doc-pusher to give your fix?

Smoke copious amounts of pot, silly.

by Anonymousreply 18September 5, 2024 11:15 AM

Zero.... Learn to to cope with your demons.

by Anonymousreply 19September 5, 2024 11:22 AM

While in rehab (1st stay out of 2), I witnessed middle aged to older, wealthy white women attempting to kick the Xanax habit, & they went through hell, after the medical detox.

Several of these women told me that they had been through detox/rehabs multiple times for different substances they had abused, & that those detox attempts were nothing, compared to kicking benzodiazepines.

by Anonymousreply 20September 5, 2024 3:00 PM

I take all three at night—I’m so addicted, I can’t sleep without them. I’d like to tear, but since my husband now has Alzheimer’s and I’m the primary (no longer sole, thank God) caregiver, this does not seem like the best time to fiddle with them.

by Anonymousreply 21September 5, 2024 3:05 PM

My sister gave me some once and I threw them away. I don’t trust myself with pills.

by Anonymousreply 22September 5, 2024 3:08 PM

R1 here. using .25 the lowest dose of Xanax twice a week at the most, is not addiction at the physical level and probably not at the psychological level.

by Anonymousreply 23September 5, 2024 3:49 PM

None

by Anonymousreply 24September 5, 2024 3:56 PM

OP - Do you get them from a shrink or your primary care physician?

by Anonymousreply 25September 5, 2024 4:03 PM

Op, why take one before bed?

by Anonymousreply 26September 5, 2024 4:20 PM

I take .50 of Xanax maybe every 7 to 10 days.

by Anonymousreply 27September 5, 2024 4:28 PM

Nope

by Anonymousreply 28September 5, 2024 4:35 PM

My friend gets them from Mexico. Her mother lives in AZ and they drive over to buy all kinds of meds like antibiotics

by Anonymousreply 29September 5, 2024 4:36 PM

Worst withdrawal I ever had and I'd only been taking them a few months. I had seizure and bit my tongue and flipped my top mattress on to the floor. Fuck Xanax

by Anonymousreply 30September 5, 2024 4:44 PM

Wow, so psycho!

by Anonymousreply 31September 5, 2024 4:45 PM

I know more than a few bored, lonely, wealthy people who have disappeared into a brown bottle. One of them handed me a wad of tinfoil after dinner one night, and it contained several Xanax and klonopin. He told me they were like having a cup of tea or a warm bath.

I know myself too well to fuck with meds like these. I would have problem and I wouldn’t likely find my way back from it. I just know it.

by Anonymousreply 32September 6, 2024 2:46 AM

None. I don't take any of that shit. Actually I take no medication whatsoever. And I'm old.

You have to learn how to deal with your problems, not mask them with Big Pharma medications. Exercise and eat right, for starters.

by Anonymousreply 33September 6, 2024 3:02 AM

Of course I take dolls! How else do you expect me to get up at 5am and "SPARKLE, Oh Pee, SPARKLE"?

by Anonymousreply 34September 6, 2024 3:19 AM

Take them with bourbon. They work faster.

by Anonymousreply 35September 6, 2024 10:13 AM

How many ya got?

by Anonymousreply 36September 6, 2024 11:15 AM

I miss Xanax. My doctor cut me off. Now I get to live life constantly talking myself out of panic attacks.

by Anonymousreply 37September 6, 2024 12:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!