Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hey, fat whores! What's your favorite frozen meals?

I tried these Tapatio chicken enchiladas today. They're tasty and very spicy!🔥 The chicken was better quality than what you usually find in a frozen dinner. If you like it hot these might be for you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51September 5, 2024 3:39 AM

Sounds good but they're not available in my area.

Lean Cuisine mac and cheese is my go-to. Boring, I know. I'm open to other recommendations.

by Anonymousreply 1September 2, 2024 2:20 PM

Rao's meatballs are very good. Their lasagna not so much.

by Anonymousreply 2September 2, 2024 3:16 PM

Red Baron singles deep dish pepperoni pizzas (2 per box).

by Anonymousreply 3September 2, 2024 6:40 PM

My doctor said to stay away from them. They count as “highly processed food” which is . . . um . . . bad.

by Anonymousreply 4September 2, 2024 6:42 PM

OP, where did you find those?

by Anonymousreply 5September 2, 2024 6:43 PM

I always keep some Stouffer's frozen meals in the freezer for the times I just don't feel like standing in front of the stove. I like their Tuna Noodle Casserole and their Grandma's Chicken and Vegetable Rice Bake, among others.

by Anonymousreply 6September 2, 2024 6:46 PM

I like the TapatĂ­o sauce and buy the huge bottle. But I've never seen any frozen meals with the brand.

by Anonymousreply 7September 2, 2024 6:52 PM

Never had one.

Never shall.

by Anonymousreply 8September 2, 2024 6:54 PM

El Monterey enchiladas. Zatarain's Chicken or Shrimp Alfredo.

by Anonymousreply 9September 2, 2024 6:56 PM

My favorite:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 2, 2024 7:00 PM

Amy's spinach pizza. Costco used to sell them in a 2- or 3-pack. Still available in regular supermarkets, though, just cost a lot more.

by Anonymousreply 11September 2, 2024 7:01 PM

[quote]Red Baron singles deep dish pepperoni pizzas

They are pretty good. Maybe it's just me, but mine never come out looking like they do on the box. I think I need a new microwave.

by Anonymousreply 12September 2, 2024 7:03 PM

I found it at Walmart. They also have rice bowls with chicken or steak.

by Anonymousreply 13September 2, 2024 7:07 PM

R12, why a microwave? That would make it worse (too much moisture). I just put mine in a regular oven, middle rack, sheet pan with foil.

by Anonymousreply 14September 2, 2024 7:07 PM

Fish sticks

by Anonymousreply 15September 2, 2024 7:09 PM

I agree about Red Baron individual deep dish pizzas. I like both the pepperoni and cheese ones.

I also like Amy's cheese enchiladas.

I like Lean Cuisine's Korean Beef w/vegetable rice (I can't remember the "official name") but it's impossible to find anymore.

by Anonymousreply 16September 2, 2024 7:11 PM

As a peremptory strike, I'll say that I don't like Stouffer's macaroni and cheese. I was influenced to try it via a DL thread.

I'll include the Pepperidge Farm coconut cake as a frozen meal. (We had an "I Want to Eat an Entire Cake" thread and I was influenced to buy this coconut cake from that thread.) Not very good!

I need to stop relying on DL posters.

by Anonymousreply 17September 2, 2024 7:22 PM

The ones I occasionally bring to work when I'm too lazy to make salad or a sandwich for lunch are Amy's mac and cheese, Trader Joe's channa masala, and Sweet Earth's General Tso's tofu.

I also use to love Trader Joe's fish korma. But alas, like many great Trader Joe's products, it is no more

All the above, btw, cost 5 bucks or less. Because I refuse to spend more than that on a mediocre frozen dinner.

by Anonymousreply 18September 2, 2024 7:39 PM

When I first started using Amazon Fresh, they offered various Whole Foods items, one being Tandori Chicken samosas. Those bad boys were delicious - the seasonings were great/not too spicy, full of meat and sauce and great out of the oven. I was so disappointed when they got taken off the selections about 3-4 months after I found them. Oh well.

Also a big fan of Stouffer's Turkey Tetrazzini and the occasional turkey pot pie from Marie Callander.

by Anonymousreply 19September 2, 2024 7:42 PM

Costco Beef and Sausage Lasagna in the 2 pack. Was very surprised how tasty it is. Delicious. My sister suggested it and I was skeptical. I got off my high horse and now it's become my easy go to meal with a salad.

by Anonymousreply 20September 2, 2024 7:50 PM

Fish

by Anonymousreply 21September 2, 2024 7:53 PM

Amy’s frozen foods are good. I have some in the freezer for the too tired to cook nights.

by Anonymousreply 22September 2, 2024 8:00 PM

If you use Amazon Fresh, they are always expanding their in-house brand called Aplenty. They have several Indian frozen dinners that I like - the chicken tikka masala and butter chicken are not shabby at all. There is a little heat but the spices are very authentic tasting.

by Anonymousreply 23September 2, 2024 8:07 PM

Beyond meat chicken nuggets

by Anonymousreply 24September 2, 2024 8:10 PM

Chicken Melts. Kinda tasty, quick 2 make. I also like White Castle cheeseburgers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 2, 2024 8:40 PM

Jenny Craig

by Anonymousreply 26September 2, 2024 8:44 PM

A cube of ice.

by Anonymousreply 27September 2, 2024 9:32 PM

r18 What do you eat the Chana Masala with?

by Anonymousreply 28September 2, 2024 9:35 PM

Rao's makes a carbonara frozen dinner. I was shocked at how good it is. I've tried their other frozen meals and they range from okay to garbage, but this is really good.

by Anonymousreply 29September 2, 2024 9:43 PM

Not R18, but I'd say rice.

by Anonymousreply 30September 2, 2024 10:23 PM

Good Neighbor Seafood Co. Mushroom Risotto Shrimp Bowl. Tasty and only 320 calories.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31September 2, 2024 10:26 PM

Corky's BBQ frozen meals.

by Anonymousreply 32September 2, 2024 10:29 PM

R18, I eat the channa masala as is. But it would go well with rice or naan bread. Trader Joe's frozen naan bread is quite tasty, particularly the garlic variety.

by Anonymousreply 33September 2, 2024 10:45 PM

Sorry, I meant to address R28.

by Anonymousreply 34September 2, 2024 10:46 PM

Has anyone had Brazi Bites? I like the pepperoni pizza ones.

by Anonymousreply 35September 2, 2024 10:53 PM

I bitch about this every time we get this thread, but I can't find Stouffer's Chicken Parm anymore.

by Anonymousreply 36September 2, 2024 11:06 PM

Chicken Parm is available where I buy Stouffer's, r36 (Giant Eagle in Pittsburgh). It's one of my least favorites. The crust never forms, and the pasta is just awful.

by Anonymousreply 37September 2, 2024 11:22 PM

Amy's Cheese Enchiladas.

by Anonymousreply 38September 2, 2024 11:22 PM

Saffron Road Chicken Tikka Masala

by Anonymousreply 39September 4, 2024 3:46 AM

Lately I'm enjoying the Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers. The meat and vegetables come in a plastic steamer tray, with the sauce in a plate attached to the bottom. When it's heated, you dump the contents from the steamer into the plate and stir it all up in the sauce. They make a nice filling lunch for a couple hundred calories and 3-4 grams of fat, and I think they're pretty tasty for a frozen meal.

by Anonymousreply 40September 4, 2024 5:04 PM

I had a Deep chicken curry meal last night that was edible. Good ingredients.

by Anonymousreply 41September 4, 2024 5:08 PM

Atkins frozen meals - I like the cauliflower pot pie entrees and the other savory entrees that are keto. They are very good and don't need additional seasoning. Also the Healthy Choice power bowls with chicken and riced cauliflower - marinara and pesto basil.

by Anonymousreply 42September 4, 2024 5:15 PM

Amy's vegetable lasagna and Marie Callender's ginger beef & broccoli are my go-to frozen meals.

by Anonymousreply 43September 4, 2024 6:10 PM

I like to shop at Food Lion

by Anonymousreply 44September 4, 2024 10:16 PM

[quote]Lately I'm enjoying the Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers.

Do they make a Cleveland Steamer?

by Anonymousreply 45September 4, 2024 10:21 PM

"What's", OP?

by Anonymousreply 46September 4, 2024 10:22 PM

they're the worst but the bbq pork meal from banquet is a guilty pleasure. it's basically a mcrib patty in a bunch of sauce with some runny mashed potatoes.

by Anonymousreply 47September 4, 2024 10:24 PM

I keep Trader Joe’s Palak Paneer in the freezer for those lazy days I don’t feel like cooking. I spice it up with some cayenne pepper add some rice and I have a vegetarian meal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48September 4, 2024 11:27 PM

Don't ask.

by Anonymousreply 49September 5, 2024 1:15 AM

I love almost everything in the Amy's line, but especially the Chili Mac and the Cheese Enchiladas. Great hangover food.

by Anonymousreply 50September 5, 2024 3:16 AM

The pork gyoza and vegetable gyoza from Trader Joe’s are delicious and inexpensive.

by Anonymousreply 51September 5, 2024 3:39 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!