Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Zach Galifianakis Warns Hollywood Endorsements Could Hurt Kamala Harris

'I Do Wish the DNC Would Step Back from the Celebrities a Little Bit'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30September 17, 2024 2:01 AM

He’s correct up to a point

Celebrities TELLING you to vote for a politician is bad

Celebrities ASKING you to vote for a politician is good

by Anonymousreply 1August 31, 2024 12:55 AM

According to this no-talent loser:

Hollywood celebrities telling you to vote for Kamala: Not okay.

Neo Nazis like Elon Musk and Peter Thiel telling you to vote for Trump: okay.

Fuck you. asshole.

by Anonymousreply 2August 31, 2024 1:06 AM

So I had to look him up to see why his take on celebrities might possibly be worth repeating, and his three top movies were the Hangover trilogy.

by Anonymousreply 3August 31, 2024 1:12 AM

He does make some sense.

by Anonymousreply 4August 31, 2024 1:59 AM

Hollyweird

by Anonymousreply 5August 31, 2024 2:06 AM

I have never cared what Zach Galifanikis says. And I don't care if his name is spelled wrong.

by Anonymousreply 6August 31, 2024 2:54 AM

He makes a good point.

by Anonymousreply 7August 31, 2024 3:26 AM

Just wait for Taylor Swifts endorsement.

by Anonymousreply 8August 31, 2024 3:53 AM

Swift won’t be making any endorsement.

by Anonymousreply 9August 31, 2024 3:55 AM

You are always right.About everything.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 31, 2024 4:01 AM

Depends.

by Anonymousreply 11August 31, 2024 4:25 AM

Totes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 31, 2024 4:27 AM

[QUOTE] Swift won’t be making any endorsement.

She probably won't, but allowing the Harris/Walz campaign to use any song from her catelog says quite a bit. She also allowed Eric Swalwell to use a song for a political ad. Swifties know.

by Anonymousreply 13August 31, 2024 4:34 AM

Zach is indeed correct. Maybe he’s a loser (I don’t think so at all, but hey), however he could be a loser *and* correct. I agree with him. Dems should push away major celebrity endorsements right now, what they need is money. Celebrities can help with the money part.

by Anonymousreply 14August 31, 2024 4:39 AM

Whom?

by Anonymousreply 15August 31, 2024 4:40 AM

R2–He did not say what you attribute to him, nor does it logically follow from what he actually did say.

I’ve seen this behavior a lot lately. People are so looking to be outraged that they make up ridiculous ideas and attribute them to someone that they can then insult for things they never said..

by Anonymousreply 16August 31, 2024 4:59 AM

Celebrities should listen to Ricky Gervais advice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 16, 2024 7:20 PM

R2 I knew there would no subtle insults against this mafucker for making a a good point. I just didn’t think it would be as quickly as r2. This isn’t about Elon Musk, and billionaire theocrats, which outside Elon most of America does not even know. However and of course these endorsements are helping us with young people, there is still a fine line to tread. It can be overkill if too much of the Hollywood elite endorses Kamala. That’s why I say Tay is a genius, she waited to after the convention and did so when the mad man was at his most unhinged right after the debate.

by Anonymousreply 18September 16, 2024 7:35 PM

Just now realizing this was posted a few weeks ago.

by Anonymousreply 19September 16, 2024 7:38 PM

Btw Hangover which I think are kinda overrated are not his best films. Due Date is.

by Anonymousreply 20September 16, 2024 7:40 PM

How did this plug ugly become a movie star? He’s part of that triumvirate they tried to thrust on us including Jack Black.

by Anonymousreply 21September 16, 2024 8:11 PM

[quote]Swift won’t be making any endorsement.

Welp, this didn’t age well.

by Anonymousreply 22September 16, 2024 8:14 PM

I remember Hillary cavorting with rock stars before the election. It didn't help.

by Anonymousreply 23September 16, 2024 8:14 PM

It did help Hillary in terms of the popular vote.

She creamed Trump by that measure. More Americans wanted her to lead them than the jackass who won the Electoral College.

by Anonymousreply 24September 16, 2024 8:16 PM

Do as the billionaire celebrities tell you to do!

by Anonymousreply 25September 16, 2024 8:17 PM

R23 To me Hillary canoodled with the same ol aging rockstars like Springsteen and Billy Joel that have been in endorsing Democratic candidates since the 90s. To me pop stars of today are less universally loved but have a bigger influence on their fans. Because they grew up with them on social media, they can dictate their lifestyle choices. While as the Springsteen s and Jon Bon Jovies— half their fans are just like “they’re rockstars, they gotta be DEMS”, will pour bleach in my ears when it comes to them talking politics.

by Anonymousreply 26September 16, 2024 8:21 PM

[quote]I remember Hillary cavorting with rock stars before the election. It didn't help.

The problem was that she had plenty of time to do Hollywood fundraisers, but didn’t think it was important to visit Pennsylvania, Michigan, or Wisconsin.

Biden and Harris haven’t repeated her errors.

by Anonymousreply 27September 16, 2024 8:22 PM

r9 what?

by Anonymousreply 28September 16, 2024 8:22 PM

John Kerry's campaign was thought to be hurt because there was too much of people like Ben Affleck hanging around it.

Some group even put a sign on Sunset Boulevard thanking Affleck, Janeanne Garofalo, Streisand and other s for helping Bush get elected.

by Anonymousreply 29September 17, 2024 1:40 AM

Most celebrities live in a bubble and don’t interact with many people in the real world. So their opinions on issues that affect average people in the Midwest are questionable.

by Anonymousreply 30September 17, 2024 2:01 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!