Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Vanilla Funk - TikTok Viral Sensation

The Twink that broke TikTok. his bandmates gave him the name and people can't get enough of this kid. His name is Justin Heideman and he was the Drum Major at his predominately African-American high school and now he's doing it at Alabama State. He has weathered criticism from some Alabama State alumnae (as the token white) but his coach and the (predominantly black) band is behind him100% and Justin gives credit to the band.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 1, 2024 3:31 AM

I've been watching his stuff all day. boy has the MOVES

by Anonymousreply 1August 30, 2024 8:46 PM

Cute, and what great moves

by Anonymousreply 2August 30, 2024 8:58 PM

Fucking adorable. And he never puts a foot wrong. He dealt with a lot of shit, backlash for being the token blonde kid but his moves totally back him up. All of a sudden fan clubs are popping up and the band is viral. Loving the backup dancers.

His band protects him:

“When you get to looking on the internet, everybody is slandering him,” Williams said. “Saying, ‘What is he doing as a white head drum major leading a black band?’ To me, (his race) really doesn’t faze me, but as to see people talk about him, it’s stupid. Justin, all the things he went through, all the trials and tribulations that he took to become the person he is, a lot of people don’t see that side of him, because they just see him on the internet.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 30, 2024 8:58 PM

He seems a real team player

by Anonymousreply 4August 31, 2024 3:30 AM

I've been following him since his Jefferson Davis days. Justin is the best!

by Anonymousreply 5August 31, 2024 3:39 AM

I’ve looked at some of his social media posts and he sort of comes across like a class dumb blond. But who cares, the guy is young, cute and has the moves. Be a dumb blond

by Anonymousreply 6August 31, 2024 12:57 PM

Is this a new episode of virality? Because he definitely had one back in high school. I guess lightning can strike twice.

by Anonymousreply 7August 31, 2024 1:07 PM

Hmmm. Fascinating but something seems off. Like is this White Boy privilege?

by Anonymousreply 8August 31, 2024 1:15 PM

Old news.

by Anonymousreply 9August 31, 2024 1:18 PM

suddenly all over TikTok though

by Anonymousreply 10August 31, 2024 1:38 PM

[quote]Hmmm. Fascinating but something seems off. Like is this White Boy privilege?

Just go fuck yourself. What's off is your total disregard for something called "acceptance."

by Anonymousreply 11August 31, 2024 2:25 PM

He is only getting attention because he is white.

by Anonymousreply 12August 31, 2024 2:29 PM

it's getting a lot of attention because he's white, cute AND has a lot of drive and seems like he works with his colleagues well. corrected it for you, you're welcome

by Anonymousreply 13August 31, 2024 2:38 PM

I do not accept your correction. We NEVER would have seen him if he wasn’t white. Never.

by Anonymousreply 14August 31, 2024 2:41 PM

No. We never would have seen him if he weren’t (note the subjunctive) white, weren’t cute, didn’t have a lot of drive, and work with his colleagues well. You indeed stand corrected. Life oddly, isn’t about you, yet about many factors that all interplay to make what you perceive

by Anonymousreply 15September 1, 2024 2:59 AM

Well, he is white, he is publicized, so deal with it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 1, 2024 3:12 AM

Good for him

by Anonymousreply 17September 1, 2024 3:31 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!