Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Twitter is BANNED in Brazil

“I am a law unto myself” says Elon Musk, who will apply for UN membership

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28September 2, 2024 6:01 AM

OP reminder we always post the non-paywalled version so your readers will not have to do extra work to enjoy your post.

by Anonymousreply 1August 30, 2024 8:32 PM

[quote] After the Brazilian Supreme Court’s X account posted on Wednesday that Mr. Musk had 24 hours to name a new representative in Brazil, Mr. Musk responded with an image of toilet paper with Justice Moraes’s name on it.

by Anonymousreply 2August 30, 2024 8:32 PM

oh, god, how fucking stupid

by Anonymousreply 3August 30, 2024 8:33 PM

He runs the business like a petulant toddler.

by Anonymousreply 4August 30, 2024 8:39 PM

It's a good start. These broligarchs think they are above the law and untouchable...now the chickens are coming home to roost.

by Anonymousreply 5August 30, 2024 8:42 PM

He likes to pose as a “free speech” champion, but his actual cause is fascism.

by Anonymousreply 6August 30, 2024 8:43 PM

he's ugly to boot

by Anonymousreply 7August 30, 2024 8:44 PM

What about VPNs?

by Anonymousreply 8August 30, 2024 8:51 PM

r8 What is your question, exactly?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 30, 2024 8:53 PM

"He likes to pose as a “free speech” champion..."

Elon's freedom of speech, not yours or mine.

by Anonymousreply 10August 30, 2024 8:53 PM

And has thus committed the ONE unforgivable DL sin, r7!!

by Anonymousreply 11August 30, 2024 9:06 PM

We put up with bullshit Supreme Court judges in the US too

by Anonymousreply 12August 30, 2024 9:25 PM

Musk has entered the chat

by Anonymousreply 13August 30, 2024 9:29 PM

I wish he did, r13!

We would LIGHT him UP, right!

by Anonymousreply 14August 30, 2024 9:33 PM

I wonder if he's hung coz he's so full of himself

by Anonymousreply 15August 30, 2024 9:36 PM

To get around blocks of online services, people have long used VPNs, the privacy software that can make internet traffic appear as though it was coming from a different country.

Yet Justice Moraes wants to prevent that. He ordered Apple and Google to find a way to prevent popular VPN apps from allowing users to access X, and he proposed the nearly $9,000 daily fine against individuals who did so.

“This is the first time they asked for VPN blocking. This is something unprecedented,” Paula Bernardi, a Brazil-based policy adviser at the Internet Society, which pushes for an open internet. She said the Brazilian government could potentially now ask VPN providers to reveal who used their services to access X. “That’s going to be a very heated debate,” she said.

by Anonymousreply 16August 30, 2024 10:14 PM

He looks like a plucked chicken in OP's pic.

by Anonymousreply 17August 30, 2024 10:16 PM

He's just mad because someone talked him into getting a Brazilian without telling him what it was.

by Anonymousreply 18August 30, 2024 10:29 PM

[quote] I wonder if he's hung coz he's so full of himself

So is Donald...🍄

by Anonymousreply 19August 30, 2024 10:36 PM

He's always looked like a plucked chicken to me.

by Anonymousreply 20August 30, 2024 10:39 PM

One of the multitude of women who have reason to know said he is, R15.

I can’t remember said it, though. Grimes, maybe.

by Anonymousreply 21August 30, 2024 10:43 PM

Musk is 4chan in human form, a soft, pasty basement troll who lucked into money.

by Anonymousreply 22August 30, 2024 10:45 PM

Devastating, absolutely devastating. We must stand in solidarity with hung Brazilian men. A DL virtual telethon should be held to ensure that they find another social media platform on which to share their big cocks with the world.

Oh yea, and free expression, democracy, human rights and all that.

by Anonymousreply 23August 31, 2024 4:46 PM

Did that asshole Glenn Greenwald leave Brazil? He’s still posting.

by Anonymousreply 24August 31, 2024 5:01 PM

Is anyone actually paying attention? According to R16, Brazil wants "Big Brother" type access to its citizens: [quote] “This is the first time they asked for VPN blocking. This is something unprecedented,” Paula Bernardi, a Brazil-based policy adviser at the Internet Society, which pushes for an open internet. She said the Brazilian government could potentially now ask VPN providers to reveal who used their services to access X. “That’s going to be a very heated debate,” she said. I know we all hate Elon, but in this case, his pigheadedness might be for a good cause. The Brazilian government is basically a communist government that wants the right to spy on its citizens. A VPN is purchased specifically for privacy, and what they were demanding from X was completely unethical. You don't have to like the man to appreciate that he's not willing to sell your IP address to the government. Brazil=Big Brother.

by Anonymousreply 25August 31, 2024 5:42 PM

R25, most dataloungers are too stupid to understand that it’s possible for bad things to happen to Elon and those bad things affect society negatively as well.

American DLers, especially, are prone to viewing everything through a political-religious lens - the political party as church. With that world view, apostates abound.

by Anonymousreply 26August 31, 2024 9:55 PM

Is he cut or uncut

by Anonymousreply 27September 1, 2024 5:18 PM

If Trump were a techbro (or someone with delusions of same), he'd be Musk.

by Anonymousreply 28September 2, 2024 6:01 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!