Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Connecticut is under siege from PORCH PIRATES!

Thieves have been snatching packages containing new electronics immediately after delivery in the greater New Haven area and throughout the wider region.

North Haven police in a recent Facebook post reported a rash of such thefts in the area and urged residents to use caution when ordering computers, smart phones and other electronic devices "as suspects may be tracking the deliveries." Town police arrested a Bronx, N.Y. man last week after a homeowner confronted him trying to steal a new iPad just after delivery, police said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 30, 2024 10:44 PM

Of course that is Trump behind that mask.

by Anonymousreply 1August 30, 2024 7:50 PM

I live in rural Ct and have never heard of anyone having a package stolen.

by Anonymousreply 2August 30, 2024 7:58 PM

I live in rural CT too. I now see roving bands of Mexicans or other Central Americans in those day glow yellow t shirts. Walking around aimlessly or hanging out at highway exit ramps or parking lot exits panhandling. I've never seen any of that until the last two years. Windsor is a dump now. Word to the wise. If you hear Amazon wants to open a huge warehouse in your are you better fight it tooth and nail. You'll be on the busline next

by Anonymousreply 3August 30, 2024 8:01 PM

Hide you mail, hide your boxes, hide your Amazon flat screen tvs too cause they stealin’ everything a-round here.

by Anonymousreply 4August 30, 2024 8:01 PM

My sister (Fairfax, VA) has all her Amazon orders now delivered to an 'amazon locker' about a mile away, because her upscale neighborhood has also had this issue.

by Anonymousreply 5August 30, 2024 8:04 PM

R5 wow that sucks. Is she in the city or the county?

by Anonymousreply 6August 30, 2024 8:08 PM

We have secure parcel boxes all over the place in my country, they're so convenient and there's no interaction between me and the delivery person, which I love. Something actually good that came out of the pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 7August 30, 2024 8:10 PM

r6 Suburb

by Anonymousreply 8August 30, 2024 8:11 PM

Windsor used to be a nice town, as well as Bloomfield. But then......well, never mind.

by Anonymousreply 9August 30, 2024 8:12 PM

LOL in my post I was going to put Windsor is a dump now. But I passed. Bloomfield has been a dump for as long as I can remember. The funny thing is for as long as I can remember Windsor Locks had been a dump. But there was no place to develop and people have bought up all those falling down historical buildings, redoing the roads, refurbishing the old train station, made the Canal Trail, .....well Windsor Locks has mad a strong resurgence and is now a great little town. I'm kicking my self for not buying one of the historical homes for 60K five years ago that are now going for half a million. Same thing is going in in Broadbrook and Rockville. Rockville especitally.

by Anonymousreply 10August 30, 2024 8:16 PM

R8 They are both suburbs but the “city” of Fairfax is not Fairfax county, which is much larger. Yea Virginia has these independent type cities. Fairfax the city isn’t all upscale so that’s why I asked. But Fairfax county has the upscale towns like Reston and Tysons. I’m being nosey 😂.

by Anonymousreply 11August 30, 2024 8:17 PM

Rockville? Really? It's always been White Trash Central over there.

by Anonymousreply 12August 30, 2024 8:20 PM

r11 Yes, dear, I'm well aware. I grew up nearby in Clifton.

by Anonymousreply 13August 30, 2024 8:24 PM

No Rockville was more for minorities who could only afford to live in the Rockville area. Slum lords subdivided those old Victorian houses and let them fall apart. Then they started to get bought up and refurbished. Gentrified all these people who now have to try to find an affordable place to live in Connectifuckingcut. Here's Rockville today if you haven't seen it in a while. About two years ago I tried to buy a smaller Victorian to refurbished. I offered them exactly what they wanted. Bidding war ensued and I was way outbid. Plus they turned the old mill and Roosevelt mills into beautiful apartments. So yeah Rockville is pretty much unaffordable for most now too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 30, 2024 8:26 PM

CT the large intestine of New York State

by Anonymousreply 15August 30, 2024 8:29 PM

If you're talking about trashy areas Bridgeport, Waterbury and Wincest, er, Winstead are still leading at the bottom.

by Anonymousreply 16August 30, 2024 8:57 PM

Bridgeport. Oh god what a fucking dump. No hope there and it has been like that since nearly immediately post WWII.

by Anonymousreply 17August 30, 2024 9:01 PM

I always thought New England is epitome of fine class and sophisticated intellectualism. Then I spent a year in sub school in Groton.

by Anonymousreply 18August 30, 2024 9:06 PM

r18 What is sub school?

by Anonymousreply 19August 30, 2024 9:18 PM

Submarine school. One of these days someone is gna figure out my identity.

by Anonymousreply 20August 30, 2024 9:21 PM

r20 So, teafake, culinary school, submarine school, musician, well educated, and grew up in both DC and NYC somehow, now live in California, etc. - all this education, and you still type like "Ya mafuckin right I be trippin."

Got it.

by Anonymousreply 21August 30, 2024 9:24 PM

Better than porch monkeys.

by Anonymousreply 22August 30, 2024 9:29 PM

R21 You stalker. I ain’t never say I went to culinary school. I never went to school for music though I can sing like Luther Vandross. I went to a prestigious college which I’ve already named but my OCD ass doesn’t want to state it again, after graduating from high school in New York City. Because I got on drugs so bad I kinda…it’s just complicated bitch. Anyways I joined the US Navy years later. Currently I’m a low rent actor, though was making good money in my main career related to the Navy. Anything else your stalker ass would like to know? At any rate, stop lying on me. Many of those things you stated you just deduced in your own wack mind.

by Anonymousreply 23August 30, 2024 9:35 PM

And yes I grew up in both DC and New York. It is possible for black people to grow up in multiple cities.

by Anonymousreply 24August 30, 2024 9:37 PM

It’s happening a lot in the suburbs of Seattle.

by Anonymousreply 25August 30, 2024 9:41 PM

Amazon had hubs/ lockers that you can get your stuff like at Ross or Staples. Send that important there

by Anonymousreply 26August 30, 2024 9:44 PM

[quote]No Rockville was more for minorities who could only afford to live in the Rockville area

Not until the 2000s. Before that it was heavily white trash.

by Anonymousreply 27August 30, 2024 9:54 PM

OMG r14 I know that house! It's haunted.

by Anonymousreply 28August 30, 2024 9:55 PM

[quote]I always thought New England is epitome of fine class and sophisticated intellectualism.

It's always amusing to us Nutmeggers when people who aren't familiar with CT. Think it's all rich white people in mansions. Yes, there are those areas, but much of CT is just like any other state. We have white trash and ghetto areas galore.

by Anonymousreply 29August 30, 2024 9:56 PM

This could be a fun thread, don't engage that teacake nut, he's ruined enough good threads. Put him on ignore like civilized people do.

by Anonymousreply 30August 30, 2024 9:58 PM

R29 I know. I never met so many goddam Magas in the town in which I was stationed.

R39 You feeling ok?

by Anonymousreply 31August 30, 2024 10:00 PM

R30*

by Anonymousreply 32August 30, 2024 10:01 PM

Winsted and Torrington are both weird places, just a strange energy in the air or something.

by Anonymousreply 33August 30, 2024 10:05 PM

I went to Suffield Academy and my father grew up in Suffield. He went there too but as a day student. That's one weird little town. I don't think anyone speaks to anyone there and you need to make about a million a year to live there.

by Anonymousreply 34August 30, 2024 10:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!