Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Meghan Markle has 'regrets' about royal exit

Meghan Markle is said to be at peace quietly creating a business empire in California, but she has a few regrets following her royal exit.

"Meghan does regret certain statements that she made," Kinsey Schofield, host of the "To Di For Daily" podcast. "They weren’t received in the way that she had expected and several of her comments have backfired."

"She and Prince Harry deeply regret the royal racist controversy," Schofield claimed. "Meghan wanted the takeaway from their Oprah interview in 2021 to be about her mental health. And I think Meghan regretted sitting down with The Cut in 2022 because she provided endless commentary for her critics."

The former American actress has her eyes set on the future. The mother of two recently told the New York Times that she’s invested in Cesta Collective, a female-founded sustainably sourced handbag brand.

As an investor, the outlet reported that the 42-year-old has between five and 10 brands in her portfolio. She also has her lifestyle brand, American Riviera Orchard, in the works.

"Investing in them has helped me line up for this chapter where I’m investing in myself," she said.

Few people have been allowed to enter Meghan’s world as she thinks about expanding her brand beyond the royal family, Schofield told Fox News Digital.

"I would describe Meghan’s personal life in California as isolated but structured," she said. "The qualifications to be her friend are no secret… she typically gravitates towards people that can offer her something, contribute to her personal goals. She also requires trust and privacy. Her friends group is small. She is friendly with Montecito locals as you never know someone’s connection or status. Everyone in Montecito has accomplished something significant to be in a position to call it home."

"It is important to Meghan that it appears she has moved on, and the drama is beneath her," Schofield continued. "But that is not the reality. There is still a resentment that fuels a lot of the work she has done over the last three and a half years."

Harry has had a strained relationship with his family and has seen his father infrequently since he and his wife quit royal duties in 2020. At the time, the couple said the unbearable intrusions and racist attitudes of the British press were what had prompted them to step back as senior royals.

Us Weekly reported in their latest cover story that Meghan has wrapped up filming a Netflix series, which will focus on cooking. While Netflix reps have stayed mum on the subject, sources claimed that the series will coincide with her lifestyle brand.

The couple has also been focusing on philanthropic projects, with Harry already planning a trip to New York City in September to raise awareness of some of their causes.

"Meghan has transitioned from actress to royal to entrepreneur," an insider told the outlet. "She’s worn many hats, but she believes age and experience have prepared her for a bigger purpose in life. She’s very happy with the role she’s carved out."

Schofield said she doesn’t expect Meghan to return to the U.K. anytime soon.

"Harry and Meghan returning to the U.K. without meeting with the royals or acknowledging them just reminds the world of their estrangement," she said. "It attracts hostile headlines. I think there is a desire to win back that audience [in the U.K.], but Harry recently said himself that he doesn’t feel safe enough bringing his wife back to his home country."

"If American Riviera Orchard becomes a well-oiled machine and keeps Meghan busy, she will find joy in that work," said Schofield. "Meghan will use her lifestyle brand, Netflix show and Lemonada podcast to try to create a community to drown out her critics. But Meghan must show more commitment and discipline than we’ve seen from her… if she wants that to work."

Christopher Andersen, author of "The King," said that Meghan "would be perfectly happy never setting foot in the U.K. again."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98September 12, 2024 1:05 PM

"Harry and Meghan have a fairly idyllic life in California, regardless of what their critics like to imagine," he explained. "Meghan probably came to terms with their situation… with the royal family much earlier than Harry has – if indeed he has. Meghan is more of a realist and realized early on that the monarchy and those who control it are intractable. That goes for the king and the rest of the royal family."

"The royals have always been famous for holding grudges," said Andersen. "Once someone is cast out it’s awfully hard to convince them otherwise. Meghan understands that. Of course, Harry wants to make amends with his father and brother, especially now that the king and the Princess of Wales are both battling cancer… Even if Harry did manage to work his way back into the royals’ good graces, it’s hard to imagine that Meghan would just happily tag along."

Andersen pointed out that the couples are now "centered in Montecito." And Harry, in particular, isn't being "eaten up with regrets."

Meghan, he said, is perfectly happy living in her home state where she feels free.

"She is a California girl through and through," he said. "The business and philanthropic opportunities remain pretty rosy for the Sussxes, and Meghan is more determined than ever to exploit them. At the same time, she knows that Harry still misses his family and pals back in the U.K., and the thought of being welcomed back into the royal family – even if in a very truncated, limited capacity – is never far from his mind."

Time will tell if the Sussexes can successfully move on from the royal drama – and if Meghan’s business ventures speak for themselves.

"Meghan always wanted to be famous but never, ever imagined that fame could become infamy," said Schofield. "She is having a hard time processing the fact that some people just don’t connect with her."

by Anonymousreply 1August 30, 2024 12:00 PM

100% unreported typing.

by Anonymousreply 2August 30, 2024 12:03 PM

She is all the proof one needs to show not only how incredibly dumb he is - really clueless naive type dumb - but that he is an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 3August 30, 2024 12:14 PM

At least she's aware of how her actions have negatively impacted her.

So there is at least a little bit of self-awareness on Meghan's part.

by Anonymousreply 4August 30, 2024 12:39 PM

She’s just pissed because the cashish is running out.

by Anonymousreply 5August 30, 2024 1:29 PM

"Meghan regrets that her 99 statements -year in, year out; interview after interview; book after book- were misconstrued."

by Anonymousreply 6August 30, 2024 1:37 PM

“She wishes she’d taken more silver.”

by Anonymousreply 7August 30, 2024 1:40 PM

"Meghan is more of a realist and realized early on that the monarchy and those who control it are intractable. That goes for the king and the rest of the royal family."

The royals have always been famous for holding grudges," said Andersen. "Once someone is cast out it’s awfully hard to convince them otherwise. Meghan understands that."

That's pretty funny. The monarchy of a country is suppose to be something other than standard, with expected procedures and organization? Especially an institution with the extensive history of Great Britain?

And holding grudges, casting someone out of your sphere... the term "markled" has come into existence for a reason as Meghan is more than infamous at casting aside friends and family off into the void.

by Anonymousreply 8August 30, 2024 2:20 PM

I think that the British monarchy is nearing its end, so it's probably better that Harry and Meghan bailed from the sinking ship, rather than going down with it.

There will come a point when the disparity between rich and poor in the UK will become too great, and then the monarchy will be overthrown and dissolved.

Just watch.

by Anonymousreply 9August 30, 2024 2:44 PM

[quote] Christopher Andersen, author of "The King," said that Meghan "would be perfectly happy never setting foot in the U.K. again."

A nation mourns…

by Anonymousreply 10August 30, 2024 3:27 PM

[quote] I think that the British monarchy is nearing its end, so it's probably better that Harry and Meghan bailed from the sinking ship, rather than going down with it.

People have been openly saying variations on this at least since the reign of poor mad king George, and yet the Royals survive. European monarchies generally fall when a nation loses a war or when masses of the population are going hungry. Neither of those are the case in the UK.

And even if it were true, bailing from a ship which is always going to have lifeboats filled with incredible amounts of cash and treasure seems like an eccentric choice.

by Anonymousreply 11August 30, 2024 3:37 PM

God what an exhaustingly self-involved person.

by Anonymousreply 12August 30, 2024 3:40 PM

[quote] between rich and poor in the UK will become too great, and then the monarchy will be overthrown and dissolved. Just watch.

You must be American. There is absolutely no reason to expect this to happen in the lifetime of either Harry or Meghan much less the lifetime of their marriage.

by Anonymousreply 13August 30, 2024 3:44 PM

No work ethic. No interest in anything except her appearance and in creating pictures of her wonderful, inspiring life. Now she's spinning stories to explain heer estrangement from Harry and their amicable divorce. Her only skill is in finding men to support her.

by Anonymousreply 14August 30, 2024 3:53 PM

"Oh for God's sake, just die!"

by Anonymousreply 15August 30, 2024 3:55 PM

This sentence made me LOL: “Everyone in Montecito has accomplished something significant to be in a position to call it home."

by Anonymousreply 16August 30, 2024 3:56 PM

This is completely unreported. We have no idea what Markle regrets or doesn't regret. It's just click bait.

by Anonymousreply 17August 30, 2024 3:59 PM

[quote]She’s worn many hats, but she believes age and experience have prepared her for a bigger purpose in life.

JAM!

by Anonymousreply 18August 30, 2024 4:03 PM

[quote] "She and Prince Harry deeply regret the royal racist controversy," Schofield claimed. "Meghan wanted the takeaway from their Oprah interview in 2021 to be about her mental health. And I think Meghan regretted sitting down with The Cut in 2022 because she provided endless commentary for her critics."

That's unbelievable. What BS.

At the time of the Oprah interview, when Markle was experiencing the emotions of resentment and hurt, she knew exactly how incendiary and controversial insinuating bigotry would be.

"Mental health" my ass. They went there because that's the result they wanted. And, they got it.

Still, I'm not being inconsistent to believe that now, however, I do think they regret that. Hell, I think they have moments when they wish they hadn't done the Oprah interview.

Oprah herself probably knew they shouldn't do the interview but she's not in the business of saving people from themselves. Even if she thought to say to them, "You know, for your long-term interests, I'm not sure this interview is a good idea."

Oh, hell no. Oprah is in it for Oprah.

I read that NY Times piece by Friedman. Here's how fair I can be about Markle. That's a good thing she's doing to give exposure to, and invest in, locally sourced and designed goods from impoverished regions.

Better watch those endeavors, though. Even though the article says the workers are given fair wages, they're still vulnerable to exploitation. That's wrong in and of itself, but also, the last thing Markle needs as a Kathy Griffin type sweat-shop scandal.

by Anonymousreply 19August 30, 2024 4:17 PM

Forgot to add-

Amusingly, Friedman, in her NY Times piece can't resist one teensy bit of shade:

[quote] Meghan’s interest in investing in brands began during the pandemic, when lockdowns meant there was less opportunity to turn a paparazzi moment to her own ends.

Meow. Saucers of milk all around.

by Anonymousreply 20August 30, 2024 4:21 PM

She keeps threatening to write a book so it doesn't sound like she is sorry

by Anonymousreply 21August 30, 2024 4:28 PM

People SAYING what Markle thinks is not the same as MARKLE saying what she thinks.

by Anonymousreply 22August 30, 2024 4:31 PM

Correct and fair, r22.

I should have made clear in my post at r19 that IF that's what Markle actually said about the "racist controversy", and we'll never know until she inevitably writes her book.

by Anonymousreply 23August 30, 2024 5:04 PM

There has been a bit of a run of this sort of story recently, positioning Meghan distanced from Harry in some way. It's clearly a PR push of some sort.

by Anonymousreply 24August 30, 2024 5:20 PM

For fuck's sake, how hard can it be for a Royal? They both should have just shut up and did their duty. But of course Megan wanted to exploit everything she could get out of it and Harry with all his resentments and complaints got them banished from the Kingdom.

It's the ultimate Fuck Around And Find Out.

by Anonymousreply 25August 30, 2024 5:36 PM

[quote]Her friends group is small.

Lolol. 🤣

by Anonymousreply 26August 30, 2024 5:42 PM

Entrepreneur!? Sending out a few free jars of jam with a ludicrous “American Riviera Orchard” stickers slapped on does not an entrepreneur make.

by Anonymousreply 27August 30, 2024 6:37 PM

That "jam and dog biscuits" line is SO trite and stupid.

Just like the BRF arse kissers.

You think you're funny, but you're just incredibly lame.

by Anonymousreply 28August 30, 2024 10:02 PM

[quote]"Investing in them has helped me line up for this chapter where I’m investing in myself," she said.

More chaotic word salad.

by Anonymousreply 29August 30, 2024 10:53 PM

"I'm an actress that married into royalty, just like Grace Kelly. LOOK AT ME!"

by Anonymousreply 30August 31, 2024 6:02 AM

[quote] the last thing Markle needs as a Kathy Griffin type sweat-shop scandal.

R19 Hey now! I'm quite sure you mean uber-cunt KATHIE LEE GIFFORD.

Kathy Griffin has had a rough several years between the infamous Trump mask photo fiasco and battling lung cancer. Let's give that gal a break.

by Anonymousreply 31August 31, 2024 7:01 AM

R28 Meghan Markle has a roastie with blown out flaps and a blown out rosebud.

by Anonymousreply 32August 31, 2024 7:07 AM

Do you, r9? On what basis do you make that statement?

by Anonymousreply 33August 31, 2024 7:09 AM

My American cousin married a Brit and has lived in England for the last 35 years. They were very loyal to the Queen. They and their friends and relatives have no use for Harry or Meghan. So I don't think the majority of the UK is missing Harry.

by Anonymousreply 34August 31, 2024 7:39 AM

She thought she could be a princess and a celebrity lifestyle guru because of her greedy Hollywood mentality. It’s all fucked up now. Deal with it. And Harry has wrecked his relationship with his family in the process because he’s a dimwit,

by Anonymousreply 35August 31, 2024 8:20 AM

Put her one Bravo. She's the perfect person we love to hate. That's where her fortune lies.

by Anonymousreply 36August 31, 2024 1:56 PM

What is a straight including doing here at R32? Read the room. We don't need your angry speculation on what her genitals look like.

by Anonymousreply 37August 31, 2024 2:31 PM

[quote] "Meghan always wanted to be famous but never, ever imagined that fame could become infamy," said Schofield. "She is having a hard time processing the fact that some people just don’t connect with her."

Really? Is she a complete moron? It never occurred to this "California girl" that celebrity can be a double-edged sword?

On the other hand, I really would love to know how this podcaster Kinsey Schofield knows any of this. Does she even claim to have talked to Meghan Markle? Or her friends, all "valued" for their trust and devotion to privacy? Anyone at all? Or is this just, OMG, you guys, remember that Oprah interview when she said all that shit? I bet she regrets it!

by Anonymousreply 38August 31, 2024 3:23 PM

Schofield’s a twit whose “reporting” on the BRF is just repeating whatever the zeitgeist is saying at that moment. Harmless fluff, but in the last couple years she started bashing Biden’s decline to foreign media at the end of her segments, so fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 39August 31, 2024 3:59 PM

"Including" was meant to be "incel" at R37.

by Anonymousreply 40August 31, 2024 8:54 PM

So she’s basically “Martha Stewart v.2024.”

by Anonymousreply 41September 1, 2024 1:39 AM

Boo Hoo. Sick of the royals except for Kate, hoping she makes it.

by Anonymousreply 42September 1, 2024 1:57 AM

R28 what else have they talked about producing apart from jam and dog biscuits? World peace? A solution to climate change?

by Anonymousreply 43September 1, 2024 1:58 AM

How many times does one have to say, who fucking cares about this needy cunt?

by Anonymousreply 44September 1, 2024 1:59 AM

Remember when they released statements about Covid and Ukraine being invaded, stuff like that? Did their Netflix series show any footage of them giving orders on what the statements were to say? It was great that Zelensky ignored them.

by Anonymousreply 45September 1, 2024 3:32 AM

Discussing her mental health: So try-hard Diana.

by Anonymousreply 46September 1, 2024 3:33 AM

[quote]"She is having a hard time processing the fact that some people just don’t connect with her."

I'll bet she is.

by Anonymousreply 47September 1, 2024 7:32 AM

If I were Meghan's mother, I know that I'd have 'regrets' about letting her exit my non-royal pussy in one piece.

by Anonymousreply 48September 1, 2024 8:24 AM

R23 We’ll never know because Meghan lies.

by Anonymousreply 49September 2, 2024 8:55 PM

They drummed you out of Hollywood. So you come crawling back Windsor.

by Anonymousreply 50September 2, 2024 9:38 PM

Another thread here discusses the engagement of Tobey Maguire’s ex wife, Jennifer Meyer to the son of a Nigerian billionaire businessman. Meghan missed her big chance!

by Anonymousreply 51September 3, 2024 1:33 AM

Making jam isn't her thing?

by Anonymousreply 52September 3, 2024 1:42 AM

[quote]“Everyone in Montecito has accomplished something significant to be in a position to call it home."

Um... well, I guess you could say that about my scissoring technique...

by Anonymousreply 53September 3, 2024 1:42 AM

[quote] Um... well, I guess you could say that about my scissoring technique...

MINE TOO!

by Anonymousreply 54September 3, 2024 1:43 AM

She's coming out with an aloe vera based line of cosmetics next.

by Anonymousreply 55September 3, 2024 1:45 AM

I just can’t believe that an actual prince actually chose to breed with this girl, what the heck did he see on her to take her as his wife? Oh please, straight guys are just disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 56September 3, 2024 2:08 AM

R37 R40 Neither straight nor an incel, Helen Keller. You don't have to be a gynecologist to know both of those holes are busted beyond repair.

by Anonymousreply 57September 3, 2024 2:43 AM

Narcissists are often bewitching and charming.

by Anonymousreply 58September 3, 2024 3:21 AM

It's so weird that the Klan Grannies have such an issue with Meghan trying to be a business woman.

Sje's independent and career minded, unlike Kate, with no career, and sits around all day doing nothing.

More proof that the Meghan hatred is purely race based.

If Kate was the one trying to run a business, and Meghan was the one sitting on her ass all dsy, you'd be hearing non-stop bitching abouy "lazy ass Mehhan and hard working Kate."

Fucking assholes.

by Anonymousreply 59September 3, 2024 5:03 AM

They could have done so much good with the (mostly) positive energy they received from the public at the beginning of their relationship. Both of the following can be true, though: she was treated rudely by some people and she overreacted and burned bridges.

I had high hopes for them but very early on got tired of their drama, defensiveness, and immaturity.

by Anonymousreply 60September 3, 2024 5:26 AM

R59

Kate is battling cancer right now.

by Anonymousreply 61September 3, 2024 5:26 AM

Regrets, I've had a few...

by Anonymousreply 62September 3, 2024 5:37 AM

[quote]. "The qualifications to be her friend are no secret… she typically gravitates towards people that can offer her something..."

That's our little user. Oh god, I hope the divorce comes soon. I'll take great delight in it, I'm embarrassed to see, but there it is. Keep fucking up, Megsy, you can't help it.

by Anonymousreply 63September 3, 2024 5:45 AM

I’ll mention this at every opportunity…

When those 4th graders were slaughtered in Uvalde, Texas, she showed up… to be filmed at the memorial for her documetary. Didn’t interact with anyone and dipped out immediately.

According to a friend who was there. 💅

by Anonymousreply 64September 3, 2024 7:02 AM

r64 She is a nasty personality disordered hollow vessel

by Anonymousreply 65September 3, 2024 7:15 AM

Pity the children.

I wish she'd hand them over to Harry and he could go home with them (some wonderful nannies could take over). But she won't do that because they're her future meal ticket.

by Anonymousreply 66September 3, 2024 7:22 AM

[quote] Kate is battling cancer right now.

What did Kate do for the 10 to 15 years prior?

Absolutely NOTHING.

Waity Katie waited YEARS to bag a Prince. Once that happened, she basically became anorexic and popped out a few crotch spawn.

Lazy fucking bitch.

by Anonymousreply 67September 3, 2024 9:18 AM

She regrets getting all of the free things.

by Anonymousreply 68September 3, 2024 9:29 AM

[quote] "Meghan wanted the takeaway from their Oprah interview in 2021 to be about her mental health.

She sort of succeeded.

by Anonymousreply 69September 3, 2024 10:28 AM

KGT there you are R59 / R67! I’d been wondering when you were going to crawl out of your latest meth binge and call someone a cunt.

“CUT!!,”, rather.

by Anonymousreply 70September 3, 2024 10:34 AM

R59 hi there KGT - if peoples’ issues with Meghan are purely race based - do fill me in: I thought that she always passed as white, only ever dated/married white men, joined a white sorority at college and marked her race as “Caucasian” on her SAG-AFTRA membership.

Was it Black people who discriminated against her for being white? How dreadful!

by Anonymousreply 71September 3, 2024 10:39 AM

[quote]Sje's independent and career minded, unlike Kate, with no career, and sits around all day doing nothing.

It’s literally Meghan who has no career and does nothing.

by Anonymousreply 72September 3, 2024 10:43 AM

Meghan Markle loves the smell of her own queefs.

by Anonymousreply 73September 3, 2024 11:37 AM

[QUOTE]she showed up… to be filmed at the memorial for her documetary. Didn’t interact with anyone and dipped out immediately.

Don't forget, she thoughtfully brought a sandwich tray and Doritos for a community with knots in their stomach.

by Anonymousreply 74September 3, 2024 12:29 PM

She didn't even provide hot food for the Uvalde community.

Sandwiches suck arse. With the cost of the jet, she could have at least had a chef or ten set up and willing to cook to order. She could have stayed home. Her presence was not requested nor required. When you're mourning/in shock, sandwiches are inadequate when coming from someone with access to a private jet and who lives in a home with 16 bathrooms.

by Anonymousreply 75September 11, 2024 7:54 AM

She has NO REGRETS. None. She's living best life in a fabulous mansion, with her cute husband and her 2 delightful children.

She has enough money for 2 lifetimes. I doubt she even thinks about England.

This is just one of the dozens of bullshit articles the tabloids made up every single day about Meghan & Harry. This type of patently made up nonsense appeals to low IQ racists. Like most of the people on this thread

Like the piece of shit R75. Who is actually complaining that Meghan helped out people going through probably one of the worst tragedies a person could ever experience. The families were very happy, but of course the piece of shit above is complaining.

fucking racists.

by Anonymousreply 76September 11, 2024 9:32 AM

Hi KGT R76!

by Anonymousreply 77September 11, 2024 9:47 AM

R76, be honest: you bought ALL the magic beans, didn’t you?

by Anonymousreply 78September 11, 2024 10:27 AM

The tabloids wouldn’t be printing “dozens of bullshit articles” if she were living quietly in her “fabulous mansion”. Somehow she got the idea that the world wanted to hear her breathless speeches on the topic du jour.

by Anonymousreply 79September 11, 2024 11:42 AM

Meghan was a Klan Granny and was white white white until she knew the race card could be waved like a US flag on the 4th of July and of course for her now every day is race card day.

And the idea of going out with or marrying a black man! What shame! Even she wouldn't go that far!

by Anonymousreply 80September 11, 2024 12:31 PM

Even dimbo Harry knew not to go on the Uvalde debacle.

by Anonymousreply 81September 11, 2024 4:12 PM

Harry is a cute husband despite his whining, sloth and inability to do just about everything other than shake hands and play polo? Not buying it. And she isn't either because he's not a billionaire. All of us could be happy with a fraction of what she has. She will never be happy because it requires unchecked adulation and an obscene amount of money. Willie Geist, Shaquille Brewster and Jacob Soboroff are my idea of cute husbands. Yum.

by Anonymousreply 82September 11, 2024 5:12 PM

I’ll bet she has regrets. She fucked herself up and there is no way she can deny it.

by Anonymousreply 83September 11, 2024 6:33 PM

If she regrets all the lies she has told and all the manipulating of her husband that she has done, that would be a step in the right direction.

by Anonymousreply 84September 11, 2024 7:26 PM

[QUOTE]And the idea of going out with or marrying a black man! What shame! Even she wouldn't go that far!

I suspect most educated, professional black men (would she deign to associate romantically with men below her self-perceived station in life?) would have her number by the second or third date.

by Anonymousreply 85September 11, 2024 7:47 PM

To R83, I agree with you; she "royally" fucked up the whole situation from the beginning. The QUEEN had Meghan's number the entire time. In Poker, the QUEEN had Aces over queens, won every hand; told tampon king this is how you play against Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 86September 11, 2024 8:02 PM

I believe most black people have her playing white social climbing number. Which is why her celebrity friends both black and white are brushing her off like dandruff.

by Anonymousreply 87September 11, 2024 8:16 PM

As her time in Suits was ending, Meghan was spending time in London. She later told Harry she was frequently in town on business or some bs but in reality she was husband hunting, wanting her contacts to set her up with sports figures and hoping to get on some reality show there.

I’ve never read an explanation for “why London” and not Hollywood or Toronto or NYC where, if she wasn’t famous, at least they might’ve heard of Suits.

by Anonymousreply 88September 11, 2024 9:16 PM

You know whose tea I wish would spill?

The Canadian friend, Jessica Mulroney? that Markle dropped.

by Anonymousreply 89September 11, 2024 11:33 PM

R76 You believe that a woman inserting herself at the site of a mass murder is a noble gesture. Clue: It’s not.

This woman, who has enough money for two lifetimes, provided sandwiches, chips and cookies from Costco or a similar store to blood donors. The families, experiencing the loss of their murdered children, became “very happy” at the delivery of the food.

I find you extremely unbalanced.

by Anonymousreply 90September 12, 2024 4:02 AM

Nothing helps you get over the death of a loved one like a tuna on rye.

by Anonymousreply 91September 12, 2024 4:06 AM

She also had something to do with erecting a playground in Uvalde. The token gesture of a box of sandwiches and other snacks strikes me as inadequate. She followed it up with a surprise birthday visit to a Uvalde parent in which she was shown carrying a birthday cake to the family. which screams of milking the situation for clicks. If you do something like that, publicizing it cheapens it.

In general, the amount of attention they call to their charitable activities relative to the size of their gifts screams of performative philanthropy to raise their profile and win followers they can monetize in other ways. Yes, they don't have to give anything but they derive far more benefits from running that pseudo-foundation than do the presumed beneficiaries of their charity.

by Anonymousreply 92September 12, 2024 4:31 AM

R88 Oh she was constantly flying to different countries for "business" all the damn time. Even during and after Suits she was still taking a few of those "business" trips here and there.

Omid Scobie and Meghan's shared ex-BF Markus Anderson helped "arrange" quite a few of those trips through SoHo House.

She never spent much time in the HOtels. But they did hold onto her luggage for her while she was out "networking" and seeing the sights. Harry accidentally slipped up and once admitted some of this.

by Anonymousreply 93September 12, 2024 5:28 AM

She’s always enjoyed sailing.

“Yachting”, rather.

by Anonymousreply 94September 12, 2024 6:50 AM

Every time I see a story talking about the Markles having a business it calls to mind my chronically homeless brother. He would constantly collect us with filing cabinets and other weird office furniture that he kept in a storage unit he maintained for whatever future business he was going to conduct. Yes about a computer a fax machine and a modem again for said business. But yeah I'm constantly talking about starting his business and needing stuff for his business there was never an actual idea of what this business would do.

Anyway that's what they remind me of.

by Anonymousreply 95September 12, 2024 6:54 AM

[quote]"And I think Meghan regretted sitting down with The Cut in 2022 because she provided endless commentary for her critics."

Of course she regrets it. The writer (very skillfully) made her look like the pretentious phony she is.

by Anonymousreply 96September 12, 2024 7:43 AM

[quote]she typically gravitates towards people that can offer her something. ... She is friendly with Montecito locals as you never know someone’s connection or status.

Is this supposed to be a positive?

by Anonymousreply 97September 12, 2024 7:45 AM

R90 - Don't forget she brought along a Netflix film crew with her on the visit to document for some future project. They followed her around the makeshift memorial where she laid flowers and mournfully looked down at the names of the dead. I'm sure she felt sadness, but it was very performative. Fortunately, someone at Netflix had the decency to deep six the footage. It wasn't in their documentary and hopefully won't see the light of day.

Did I mention that she flew in on a private jet? Of course she did.

by Anonymousreply 98September 12, 2024 1:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!