Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pretty sure Andy Cohen’s goose is cooked.

Brandi Granville actually produced receipts (Andy live on FaceTime) saying things that almost any jury in America would agree amount to sexual harassment.

WWHL is supposed be doing new episodes right now and it’s on hiatus. Andy has been silent on social media for a week. It looks bad.

Is Andy‘s goose cooked?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125September 4, 2024 11:10 AM

I hope he fries and disappears

by Anonymousreply 1August 30, 2024 12:10 AM

I thought this happened and went away a while ago?

by Anonymousreply 2August 30, 2024 12:14 AM

If this was 2017 his goose would be cooked. In 2024 I'm not sure anyone gives a shit. I know I sure don't.

by Anonymousreply 3August 30, 2024 12:17 AM

She's a money grubbing whore looking for a payout (and this is coming from someone who CANNOT STAND wonky-eyed Cohen).

by Anonymousreply 4August 30, 2024 12:19 AM

THAT ✝️👀👸IS A FUCKING PERV!

HE TRIED TO 🚤 MY TITS THE LAST TIME I WAS ON WWHL!! AND HE OFFERED MY 🥵✡️HUSBAND ❄️AFTER HE GRABBED HIS BIG 🍆 BACKSTAGE!

DUMP HIM BRAVO!

by Anonymousreply 5August 30, 2024 12:20 AM

“We need more male options!”

This reads as two friends gossiping about men. What’s to be outraged about?

by Anonymousreply 6August 30, 2024 12:21 AM

Her last name is actually Glanville, which is even worse. It's like "Granville," but with a glandular or glans-like feeling.

by Anonymousreply 7August 30, 2024 12:22 AM

These texts are pretty innocuous tbh. Andy comes off friendly and gossipy, not at all as if he is trying to push her to sleep with anyone. She actually is the one who insinuates she will hook up with Austen or Shep.

Visions of dolla bills have made her delu- these texts prove nothing at all. She’s just retaliating because she was dropped from UGT.

by Anonymousreply 8August 30, 2024 12:22 AM

The texts are not a big deal at all. Brandi is such a moron. It's like when she claimed Adrian was trying to sue her and the lawyer just sent her a cease and desist.

by Anonymousreply 9August 30, 2024 12:24 AM

[quote] "I was so mortified and embarrassed," Brandi tells The U.S. Sun in an exclusive interview

Brandi Glanville, who is famously inappropriate and sexually harasses people herself, is claiming she was "mortified and embarrassed"? Go away, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 10August 30, 2024 12:24 AM

Why is he fucking a woman (Below Deck character) while fantasizing about another woman - Brandy?

I thought he was 100% gay.

by Anonymousreply 11August 30, 2024 12:26 AM

HE DOESN’T WANT 🐱! HE LOVES TO GOBBLE 🍆!

HE LIKES 💁!

by Anonymousreply 12August 30, 2024 12:31 AM

So much pussy!

by Anonymousreply 13August 30, 2024 12:33 AM

Andy is such a dom top he even tops pussy!

by Anonymousreply 14August 30, 2024 12:37 AM

These are t text messages, it’s video.

And why did the show go on hiatus as soon as this news dropped?

by Anonymousreply 15August 30, 2024 12:39 AM

Oh please you throw champagne at bitches and curse in public for a living. Woman up.

by Anonymousreply 16August 30, 2024 12:46 AM

This bitch drunkenly said that Gerard Butler was "straight-ish" on WWHL. She is a real mess.

by Anonymousreply 17August 30, 2024 1:17 AM

Brandi also got sued by Real Housewives of Miami castmember Joanna Krupa for drunkenly saying on WWHL that Joanna’s pussy stank.

She apparently heard that from Mohammed Hadid (Yolanda’s ex/Gigi and Bella’s father), with Lisa Vanderpump in attendance. Neither one of them would vouch for her, so she lost.

So she’s an honorary Datalounger.

by Anonymousreply 18August 30, 2024 1:42 AM

Isn't he a platinum gay anyway? He's not looking at anyone's pussy.

by Anonymousreply 19August 30, 2024 2:31 AM

Imagine your only accomplishment in life is being dumped by a C-list actor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 30, 2024 2:39 AM

I give side wonky eye to these claims.

by Anonymousreply 21August 30, 2024 2:47 AM

I’m very much attracted to him but boy does makeup do a great job of hiding fine lines and wrinkles.

by Anonymousreply 22August 30, 2024 2:56 AM

[quote] I’m very much attracted to him

I can't imagine anyone being attracted to him. He has a inherent repulsive quality to me.

by Anonymousreply 23August 30, 2024 2:59 AM

He gives off used car salesman vibes.

by Anonymousreply 24August 30, 2024 3:02 AM

He and Bethenny Frankel have also fallen out.

I do believe Brandy re: him treating her differently because she's the poorest and needs the RH income more than the other do.

by Anonymousreply 25August 30, 2024 3:10 AM

Bethenny is entirely responsible for the falling out with Andy. She sabotages every relationship she's ever had.

by Anonymousreply 26August 30, 2024 3:15 AM

He’s a skanky piece of shit just like I am! Why am I the only one without a career?

by Anonymousreply 27August 30, 2024 3:21 AM

No one cares anymore. Dump talking abiut blow jobs to the world. We are swirling the drain, so you might as well light 'em if you got 'em.

by Anonymousreply 28August 30, 2024 3:27 AM

Gurls, he's not straight. He's just drunk and thinks he's being funny.

I think he's a narcissist Peter Pan, but this ain't sexual harassment. Brandi is a psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 29August 30, 2024 3:30 AM

I don’t really understand why these broads are so mad.

by Anonymousreply 30August 30, 2024 3:44 AM

Oh, he’s drunk as a skunk for sure. The whole tenor of the call though was weird. Joking, but it seemed like there could have been some teasing or poking at Brandi.

Andy’s a basic mean girl, that’s why he’s besties with Ripa and that whole crowd. I can totally believe that he’s fucking with her but while it’s not professional, I’m not sure he’s reallllllly the “boss” of any of those women.

by Anonymousreply 31August 30, 2024 3:59 AM

[quote] Pretty sure Andy Cohen’s goose is coked.

FIFY.

by Anonymousreply 32August 30, 2024 4:01 AM

He needs to start using the bloodshot eyes and wonky eyes filters.

by Anonymousreply 33August 30, 2024 4:17 AM

Where in the video did he demand her to watch him have sex? He asked.

by Anonymousreply 34August 30, 2024 4:17 AM

Actually, it looks like he got his eye fixed.

by Anonymousreply 35August 30, 2024 4:20 AM

R35 = wonky eyed

by Anonymousreply 36August 30, 2024 4:27 AM

"I'm sorry Mr. Cohen, but your wonky eye can NEVER be fixeded!"

by Anonymousreply 37August 30, 2024 4:31 AM

He’s still doing coke after having kids?

by Anonymousreply 38August 30, 2024 11:54 AM

Oh you sweet summer child etc.

by Anonymousreply 39August 30, 2024 12:00 PM

[quote]Andy Cohen

CUNT

by Anonymousreply 40August 30, 2024 1:30 PM

Isn’t Brandi Glanville that extramarital affair website?

by Anonymousreply 41August 30, 2024 1:35 PM

She's unrecognizable compared to the last time I saw her. Yikes!

by Anonymousreply 42August 30, 2024 6:29 PM

[quote]Isn’t Brandi Glanville that extramarital affair website?

No, that's Laura Ashley.

by Anonymousreply 43August 30, 2024 6:33 PM

It’s Ashley Madison.

by Anonymousreply 44August 30, 2024 9:03 PM

That Kate woman in the background looks horrified at whatever he's saying.

by Anonymousreply 45August 31, 2024 12:13 PM

You in danger, gurl.

by Anonymousreply 46August 31, 2024 12:19 PM

It's Dolly Madison.

by Anonymousreply 47August 31, 2024 12:33 PM

Cohen always looks unclean and smelly.

by Anonymousreply 48August 31, 2024 12:44 PM

Dolly Parton has extramarital affairs on a website?

by Anonymousreply 49August 31, 2024 12:47 PM

[quote] "I was so mortified and embarrassed," Brandi tells The U.S. Sun in an exclusive interview

So mortified and embarrassed that I want to be sure everyone knows about it.

by Anonymousreply 50August 31, 2024 1:17 PM

Hi Andy ✋ Since he may be reading this, he’ll play the gay card. Meaning…I’m your friend and I’m gay how can I be sexist?

by Anonymousreply 51August 31, 2024 1:18 PM

I thought she was referring to the time she walked out drunk from a restaurant with a tampon hanging out. My mistake.

by Anonymousreply 52August 31, 2024 8:22 PM

R48, he’s over fifty, day drinking in what looks like an outside area, and based on his reputation, he’s just taken a key bump with the other mean girl on the call.

He’s basically the Hamptons’ version of Brandon “Greasy Bear” Davis. I’m surprised he’s never been publicly hospitalized for those perennial serious illnesses “dehydration” or “exhaustion.”

by Anonymousreply 53August 31, 2024 10:43 PM

Brandi Glanville who has been photographed blackout drunk with her tampon string hanging out of her vagina is "mortified and embarrassed."

by Anonymousreply 54August 31, 2024 10:50 PM

THat is very old news and on the full clip Brandi is laughing along. No one believes Cohen was going have sex with Kate Chastain. If Cohen is going down it will be for sex with the bartenders he has on his show,..or the blow he does in his office.

by Anonymousreply 55August 31, 2024 10:56 PM

Also the article is incorrect. Cohen is not a bravo exec and has not been for over 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 56August 31, 2024 10:58 PM

He doesn’t need to be a Bravo exec, he has more power as an executive producer on Bravo’s most well known, longest running, and most successful franchise.

by Anonymousreply 57September 1, 2024 1:19 AM

Why would he go down for having sec with the bartenders on his show? He isn’t their boss.

by Anonymousreply 58September 1, 2024 1:20 AM

Give me a break. She obviously was in on the joke.

As much as I loathe Andy Cohen, Brandi is just a money grubbing whore who is desperate for money.

Even a vile pit of trollery can see that.

by Anonymousreply 59September 1, 2024 1:31 AM

R57, you forgot to sign your post, wonky eye!

by Anonymousreply 60September 1, 2024 4:56 AM

[quote] WWHL is supposed be doing new episodes right now

Says who, OP. It's Labor Day weekend.

by Anonymousreply 61September 1, 2024 5:14 AM

R59, whenever I picture Brandi, I always picture her semi-naked, lounging around in a filthy RV.

by Anonymousreply 62September 1, 2024 7:19 PM

r57 lol He exec producer credit is a vanity title. He has little to no power on RH franchises. They are produced by various production companies (like POP or Endomol), then they sell the distribution rights to Bravo.

by Anonymousreply 63September 1, 2024 11:26 PM

How does one get that kind of work?

by Anonymousreply 64September 1, 2024 11:46 PM

R64, I want to know what it pays. Andy does seem like the type to revel in a title like that. I assumed all executive producers made beaucoup bucks.

by Anonymousreply 65September 2, 2024 1:18 AM

R57, the housewives ALL regularly refer to him as their boss. His authority is the very basis of Leah McSweeney’s lawsuit against him.

I understand that you don’t want to believe that he has power and influence, but you clearly don’t know what you’re talking about

by Anonymousreply 66September 2, 2024 2:27 AM

[quote] They are produced by various production companies (like POP or Endomol), then they sell the distribution rights to Bravo.

This is incorrect. Bravo owns these shows. They are produced by different production companies, but Bravo runs the show and makes the decisions.

by Anonymousreply 67September 2, 2024 2:29 AM

r67 not really. Maybe wtih OC but the rest of the franchises are pitched to Bravo, which is why they have different production companies. This is the whole reason Cohen no longer works for Bravo. Scott Dunlop created OC (you can see his name on the exec producer credits BEFORE Cohen on that show). He took it to Bravo as a documentary which they turned into the Real Housewives of OC. That reality concept took off and other production companies pitched shows to Bravo to distribute. Ladies of London, and Married to Medicine - these shows were pitched as RH shows that eventually were green-lighted but not under the RH franchise name. FYI there are global RH shows not even shown on Bravo. Chesire England, Toronto, Melbourne (which did get shown on Bravo due to it's popularity). Cohen was let go from Bravo because he was often given credit for creating and heading up the RH franchises and never corrected people, including in print. He used to have the Twitter handle BravoAndy but they made him change it. Many of the execs at Bravo as well as the production companies that ran the shows were pissed that he would just sit by and take credit for things he never did. He is the one the housewives call, he is the one that is friendly with them but in truth he is no more than a Bravo employee now. It is why he is not worried about any lawsuit. McSweeny can name him but he can go into court and say 'I don't have any decision making power." and be cleared. Just like Fox News can say "we are an entertainment network and should not be taken seriously."

by Anonymousreply 68September 2, 2024 2:46 AM

There was a tell tale interview with Nene Leaks on WWHL where Nene got to ask him questions and she said "do you really have any say who gets cast on the housewives shows?" and Andy sheepishly responded yes and Nene fired back "oh really? Because I have not heard that.." and it looked like Cohen could not move on fast enough,

by Anonymousreply 69September 2, 2024 2:50 AM

Is WWHL still on?

Andy put the “eye” in live.

by Anonymousreply 70September 2, 2024 2:59 AM

WWHL is still on. Off for a hiatus right now. They cancelled Bravocon this year but doing some sort of mini con in Miami so Andy write off his yearly Miami trip for cuban cock.

by Anonymousreply 71September 2, 2024 3:52 AM

[quote] McSweeny can name him but he can go into court and say 'I don't have any decision making power." and be cleared.

Like I said, you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Look up the term ‘summary judgment.’ And then note that it hasn’t happened.

Why would Bethenny Frankel say that Andy Cohen was her boss if he wasn’t?

by Anonymousreply 72September 2, 2024 6:04 AM

[quote] The executive producer, known for developing “The Real Housewives” from a short tape into an entertainment juggernaut, has carved out an unusually influential role in his two decades with the network. He is at once a senior employee, a confidant to Bravo’s many stars (he’s known as a “Housewives Whisperer”) and an on-screen talent in his own right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73September 2, 2024 6:12 AM

[quote]whenever I picture Brandi, I always picture her semi-naked, lounging around in a filthy RV.

She's a fine girl.

by Anonymousreply 74September 2, 2024 8:00 AM

I love this thread.

by Anonymousreply 75September 2, 2024 8:49 AM

Never have been able to stand that guy.

by Anonymousreply 76September 2, 2024 8:52 AM

If Brandi Glandularville isn't mortified and embarrassed by her own trashy behavior I seriously doubt there's anything a cross-eyec queen could do or say that would cause her upset.

by Anonymousreply 77September 2, 2024 9:03 AM

I don't care about sexual harassment anymore. People (women) have really overplayed their hand with this. I especially hate the way that women's nagging about how evil sex is has started to brainwash younger gay men.

I don't know what it is about women that makes them so susceptible to mental illness and Cluster B personality disorders in particular, but it's beyond exhaustive and pretty soon I'll have reached a point where I just don't pay a bit of attention to their incessant whining about everything.

by Anonymousreply 78September 2, 2024 9:18 AM

*exhausting

by Anonymousreply 79September 2, 2024 9:18 AM

By the letter of the law, it is harassment. Andy doesn't have to be her boss, just a coworker - but being her boss adds to the severity of the charges. It doesn't matter if he was joking, if he is gay, if there is no way in hell he'd have a threesome with two women - talking about anything of a sexual nature could be considered harassment in the workplace. That is the hardline definition. In this particular instance, it doesn't matter what Brandi has done in the past, although that could probably be brought in as evidence - only making them BOTH guilty of harassment. I could be a gay dude telling my best friend at work a dick joke in private, and if it is overheard by another worker, that could be grounds for harassment in the workplace since someone could claim it made them uncomfortable - which Brandi in this case could certainly say.

by Anonymousreply 80September 2, 2024 9:34 AM

Have you seen these tiresome fraus on Reddit? They do nothing but whine about men and "the patriarchy" (which sounds like a nutty conspiracy theory akin to the ones about Jews controlling the planet). They truly believe that they are under threat of death at the hand of every man in their vicinity, every minute of every day.

The reality is that most men don't even notice them, couldn't care less about them, and are just trying to get through their day. But these fraus can't imagine that there is anyone in the universe who isn't focused on them. Everyone "sexualizes" them, subjects them to the "male gaze," and drives them to tears and self-diagnosed PTSD. They whine when men pay attention to them and they whine when men ignore them.

A good number of them can't stand the sight of their own primary and secondary sex characteristics and embrace being "non-binary," attempting to wipe away any linguistic suggestion that the female sex exists at all. It's psychotic. They're psychotic.

by Anonymousreply 81September 2, 2024 9:38 AM

This is just like when some woman tried to sue Micheal Jackson for having sex with her and getting her pregnant.😂

by Anonymousreply 82September 2, 2024 9:42 AM

And in defence of Brandi's bad behavior she can argue that as a single mother and breadwinner of her family she was rewarded by production for ramping up her drinking and attacks with more storylines and screen time to earn a bigger pay check. She could say that she was pressured into behaving a certain way by production to increase the drama of the show and that this bled over into her personal and private life and also affected her future earning potential. She could easily point to the fact that UGT was cancelled, not because production censored itself and jumped in to stop it, but because various lawsuits were brought against production. There is enough evidence on her side to point to the fact that these were indeed toxic working environments for the people involved. Reality TV is not reality but entertainment orchestrated by production to push these women outer most limits of what they would do in reality. And the entertainment in this case is the destruction of the lives of the characters involved. She could easily argue all of that because the evidence is all on tape with corroborated testimony from other people involved.

by Anonymousreply 83September 2, 2024 9:50 AM

[quote]Have you seen these tiresome fraus on Reddit? They do nothing but whine about men and "the patriarchy" (which sounds like a nutty conspiracy theory akin to the ones about Jews controlling the planet). They truly believe that they are under threat of death at the hand of every man in their vicinity, every minute of every day.

I wonder if it could have anything to do with being raped by these poor, misunderstood men?

[quote]Every 98 seconds, someone in the US is sexually assaulted. More than 1 in 3 women have experienced rape, physical violence, or stalking by an intimate partner in their lifetime. 91% victims of rape and sexual assault are female; 9% are male.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84September 2, 2024 9:54 AM

The public's opinion of Brandi doesn't matter in the court of law. The only thing that matters is her ability to argue her case with the facts presented as evidence. She could have a strong case for wrongful termination and harassment. The interesting thing would be with all of this is if Andy doesn't get a large enough of a golden parachute from Bravo, he could possibly bring a case against them for the exact same reasons.

by Anonymousreply 85September 2, 2024 9:59 AM

JD Vance has entered the chat...

by Anonymousreply 86September 2, 2024 10:01 AM

WTF watches these RH shows? Some colleagues of mine do - they are a straight couple in their 50s - and they seem to think:

1. That what happens on these shows is real

2. That everyone is actually really like how people behave on these shows...

WTF? They each have degrees, their kids have degrees, yet they lap this shit up.

by Anonymousreply 87September 2, 2024 10:39 AM

His cookie-sniffing eyes are cooked in the OP photo.

by Anonymousreply 88September 2, 2024 10:40 AM

They are very entertaining R87. I enjoy watching them, and no I don't think they are real. BUT they aren't fake either. The reality exist in watching these women (coworkers) maintain their job on the show by walking the very thin line of being rude, being relevant, or being boring. The franchises where you can tell that this show is the women's bread and butter, like Atlanta, are the best. The chemistry and rivalries between certain women is downright iconic. It takes a certain type of personality to be on these shows, and the good ones rise to the top and ride the wave for a while, while others crash and burn. I always love how these people do the most horrible things to each other but always end up saying "I'm willing to turn the page and start fresh." When in reality, if anyone did any of the things they do to each other to you, just once, you would probably never speak to them again. But these women HAVE to make it work to be on the show. As a person who doesn't like confrontation I my real life, it is a marvel to see people who have to go head first into it. At the dinner table - "Were you doing coke in your bathroom?"

by Anonymousreply 89September 2, 2024 10:58 AM

and R87, I have met a handful of these women in real life on different occasions, and they ARE pretty much who they are on TV, just a heightened version of it, given the circumstances - with the exception of Camille Grammar. She was actually one of the nicest, soft spoken housewives of the ones I have met, a lot of pleases and thank yous - that was a surprise. But Luanne is Luanne, big personality Dorinda is Dorinda and Ramona is definitely Ramona. Lisa Vanderpump actually beautiful in person, taller than you'd think with a bigger ass than you'd think with Ken in tow carry Jiggy at the time. So yes, they are as you see them. They aren't playing characters.

by Anonymousreply 90September 2, 2024 11:02 AM

And there is always a code between the women of what you can and can't bring up on camera. It's a negotiation between themselves off camera - you don't mention this and I won't mention that. Because they all know the power of TV and the perception once something goes public. That's why when Kim crossed the line and said, "let's not TALK about the husband, (whatever was going on between Lisa Rina and husband Harry Hamlin that everyone in that circle knows about but the world doesn't), Lisa freaks out - actually going in to choke Kim. That iconic freak out is VERY REALl and one of the best in RH Franchise history. worth the watch.

That drama starts at minute 2.30 - but it's worth watching it all (only 4 minutes of your life) to see the dynamics playing out. It's just the best.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91September 2, 2024 11:24 AM

BTW - the Harry Hamlin tea:

The rumor is that Harry had an affair with the budding actress Julianne Phillips with whom he starred in the mid-1990s sitcom Allie & Me. The story goes that Julianne—upon learning Harry was two-timing her with Lisa Rinna—immediately broke it off with Harry. In response, Harry physically assaulted Julianne (the rumors range from “mere” choking and punches to rape). Following up, Lisa began making a series of threats against Julianne. Julianne was a powerless Hollywood newbie—unlike Hamlin and Rinna—so she fled Hollywood never to work as an actress again.

by Anonymousreply 92September 2, 2024 11:29 AM

It could be the rumor at R92, or it could be the more recent tea that Harry is checked out of the marriage, spends most of his time in Canada "working," and lives a double life.

by Anonymousreply 93September 2, 2024 12:07 PM

Allie & Me is a movie, not a sitcom. Julianne Phillips was the ex wife of Bruce Springsteen, and had just spent 5 seasons on Sisters before she made that movie with Harry Hamlin in 1997. I wouldn’t call her “budding”, but yes, she quit acting and left Hollywood after that movie. I’d bet she was more scared of Rinna than Hamlin. I know I would be!

by Anonymousreply 94September 2, 2024 12:09 PM

It could be a lot of things R93. But whatever it is, it's serious enough for Rinna to lunge at Kim's throat to keep her quiet. Good stuff.

by Anonymousreply 95September 2, 2024 12:10 PM

Is that rosacea or coke sweat on his cheeks?

by Anonymousreply 96September 2, 2024 12:57 PM

I never found them to be mutually exclusive, r96.

by Anonymousreply 97September 2, 2024 1:07 PM

R73 just gave a perfect example of why Cohen was let go from Bravo. Cohen did not develop RH into anything. He was the executive in charge of talent relations at Bravo. He was the guy the talent called when they wanted to complain or just talk. You have no idea of the resentment of Cohen at Bravo internally and among the various production companies. That statement from the WSJ is false yet Cohen would sit by and smile and nod his head. Not confirming it but never correcting it. Cohen was on his way out from Bravo pre-covid. The twitter name change, then he announced he was stepping down from his executive role at Bravo to head up his own production company. This was when they were looking for the new co-host for Ripa on Live. Cohen thought he all but had it locked up. He was ready to leave the housewives world (he hates being know as a reality tv guy - his roots are in news). But the Live with...job did not come through. He tried to revive Love Conneciton, that failed. The one show he did get on Bravo, a View rip off with Jerry O'Connell failed too. The panic set in. He had already announced he was leaving Bravo, they even pitched shows where Andy would pick his replacement for WWHL (it was listed on the Bravo up fronts a few years ago). He had to pivot quick. Part of his exit agreement was executive producer credit on all Housewive franchises on Bravo. He used that clout to threaten to make a big ass stink if he was taken off of WWHL. Bravo capitulated due to not wanting to deal with what a bitch he could be (and if you have ever seen him be a bitch you know what I mean). Just think of it logistically. He is the executive producer on at least 5 HW shows, has his own channel on Sirius, WWHL a production company, two kids and an active social life, Do you really think he runs all these shows? Do you know why they give executive producer credits as vanity credits? If the show gets nominated for an award, the eps get one, It's how he got his emmy for Top Chef. He is listed as an EP on that, do you think he has a hand in castin the chefs?

by Anonymousreply 98September 2, 2024 2:34 PM

So is Andy on Bravo or not? There are references to his being fired , but apparently he’s still on WWHL.

by Anonymousreply 99September 2, 2024 2:47 PM

People need to understand how Cohen got where he got, The first season of RHOC had a reunion held in Vicki's backyard, no host and the women all sat around and just recapped the season. No fighting or arguing. The next season, Bravo ran a summer campaign called Watch What Happens. So the second season of RHOC was a ratings success. The network billed the second reunion as a What What Happens Special and Cohen volunteered to host the show as the women were all friendly with him as the exec in charge of talent relations. Instead of a friendly recap, Cohen read fan questions about the shady behaviour of the women, causing fights and conflict on the show ala Jerry Springer. All the while exuding boyish charm and a shit-eating grin as he watched the drama unfold. NY and Atlanta took off in the ratings. The reunion shows were tuning out to be the Jewel in a season's crown and Cohen was a natural at pulling out the drama while still being their friend, He was all too happy to keep hosting the reunions and Bravo was fine because they didn't have to find or hire a host. Then he pitched WWHL to the network. Atlanta was so popular that Cohen said they needed a sunday night live show to recap the drama, have on the housewives and just have some fun. He pitched it like a Merv Griffin talk show with housewives. Cohen was not dumb either. He had the show tagged on to the RHOA listing so it would get the ratings from the show. It worked. At the time they would run only one RH show until BH entered, Now it was OC, BH, NYC and Atl with Miami and DC coming down the pike. Andy pitched expanding the show to several nights a week, The popularity of the housewives among Andy's celeb friends got him better guest, like Rinna and Ripa, Jerry O'Connell and his model wife. Soon more and more celebs were showing up. As the popularity of the franchise exploded people naturally associated Andy with it. He never corrected people. He would bask in the idea he created this franchise, that he alone was responsible for it's success. That level of ego can only go so long unchecked, Cohen for his part loved every minute of it. To quote his good friend Anderson Cooper, no one loves being famous more than Andy. To his credit Andy took his chance to be on TV and ran with it, turning it into an empire. No one can take that away from him, but he is famous because of Housewives and Bravo, not the other way round.

by Anonymousreply 100September 2, 2024 3:06 PM

[quote] Twitter handle BravoAndy but they made him change it.

And yet his IG handle is still BravoAndy.

by Anonymousreply 101September 2, 2024 3:23 PM

r101 Twitter was the defacto Social media at the time of the change,.

by Anonymousreply 102September 2, 2024 3:48 PM

I am not a huge fan of his either, but R100 you can't diminish the savviness behind everything you mentioned he did. You make it seem like this just happened, and then that, and finally success. But each thing you mentioned sounds like a smart calculated step that paid off for him. That alone is a talent in what he did. I would day to say that the housewives made WWHL, but WWHL really made the housewives stars in their own right because NO ONE was really checking for them on anything outside of Wendy Williams. And WWHL really drove a lot of the drama on the show, it's constantly referenced on different RH franchises.

by Anonymousreply 103September 2, 2024 4:17 PM

[quote]but he can go into court and say 'I don't have any decision making power." and be cleared.

From a legal perspective is that really true. If the person believes you're capable of some sort of quid pro quo and engages in activity because of that belief, does it matter that you cannot actually deliver your end of the bargain?

by Anonymousreply 104September 2, 2024 4:34 PM

If sexual harassment were completely stamped there would be millions of childless old maid spinsters wandering the earth right now.

by Anonymousreply 105September 2, 2024 5:31 PM

r104 it would be true if he were forced to say it. If Leah believes he is the boss and names him in a lawsuit saying he forced us to drink and threatened my sobriety and he is forced to say, actually My EP credit is in name only, I don't have day to day involvement in the show and only a minor voice in who gets cast, then he is out of the picture for a lawsuit. Now, would the production companies fight back and say no Andy is the boss but more than likey it would force him to expose how little power he actually has in day to day and he is trying to avoid that.

by Anonymousreply 106September 2, 2024 6:34 PM

Pussy Galore

by Anonymousreply 107September 2, 2024 6:48 PM

[quote] The franchises where you can tell that this show is the women's bread and butter, like Atlanta, are the best.

IMO, the opposite is true. It's more interesting when you have truly wealthy women who don't need the RH income. (Then you're just dealing with fame whores.)

by Anonymousreply 108September 2, 2024 6:51 PM

Melbourne and Miami are the best ones.

by Anonymousreply 109September 2, 2024 7:41 PM

They show an Australian version in the U.S.?

by Anonymousreply 110September 2, 2024 7:48 PM

R110, no, Melbourne was not shown in America. You'll need a VPN for that one.

by Anonymousreply 111September 2, 2024 8:01 PM

Whatever happened to that mule NeNe Leakes from the Atlanta franchise? Her work seems quite sporadic over the last few years. It definitely isn't because she's rich as word around Atlanta is she's in constant trouble with the money changers.

by Anonymousreply 112September 2, 2024 8:38 PM

Will the money changers be thrown out of the temple?

by Anonymousreply 113September 2, 2024 8:45 PM

Not sure about Nene, but Kim and Kroy are having very public money troubles (foreclosure) plus are supposedly divorcing. Police at the house way too often. Kim her normal grifter self (photo'd with Chet Haze).

Kroy on police body-cam acting like a little bitch: "You try living with her!" He's the one who got himself into this mess and now he's acting like a cop should be empathizing with him.

by Anonymousreply 114September 2, 2024 8:51 PM

I do not like Andy Cohen yet I enjoy WWHL. Go figure. But it's silly fun before bedtime and I love watching these reality show folks behave like the superstars they think they are. And, Andy is in on the joke. His shit eating grin and smarmy reactions can be very funny. But I cringe when he openly flirts with hot male guests and, especially, the 'guest bartenders.'.

by Anonymousreply 115September 2, 2024 8:57 PM

Kim's own parents won't even have anything to do with her. They know what an embarrassment she is. I would bet you a dime to a dollar she has prostituted multiple times in her past.

by Anonymousreply 116September 2, 2024 9:01 PM

R115, doesn't he have sex with the bartenders too?

by Anonymousreply 117September 2, 2024 9:10 PM

R117. One of the recent bartenders turned out to be an online hookup Andy had a few years ago. Total coincidence. Andy was shocked to see him. Insert eye roll here.

by Anonymousreply 118September 2, 2024 9:24 PM

Brandi Glandville?? What year is this?

Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 119September 2, 2024 9:37 PM

R119 - LeAnn and Eddie

by Anonymousreply 120September 2, 2024 10:00 PM

r111 they did show a season of Melbourne on US Bravo.

by Anonymousreply 121September 2, 2024 10:17 PM

R121, I had no idea. I only saw it because of VPN. Otherwise, most American housewives fans don't know about it.

by Anonymousreply 122September 2, 2024 10:41 PM

R118, so trashy. These media figures that let us know all about their sex lives are nasty.

by Anonymousreply 123September 2, 2024 10:42 PM

[quote]From a legal perspective is that really true.

No, it is not.

by Anonymousreply 124September 4, 2024 6:06 AM

Don’t look at me side eyed, Andy.

by Anonymousreply 125September 4, 2024 11:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!