Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

‘Pretentious’ Blake Lively ridiculed for saying she laughs ‘the hardest’ at ‘Shawshank Redemption’

It doesn’t end with “It Ends With Us.”

As Blake Lively deals with backlash over her “tone deaf” approach to promoting her new movie, she’s being mocked online for something she said in her Vogue 73 questions interview from 10 years ago that has resurfaced.

In the video from July 2014, Lively, 37, was asked a series of fast-paced questions by an interviewer, and one of her answers has social media in shock.

The journalist asked Lively which “movie you laughed the hardest through.”

“Shawshank Redemption,” she nonchalantly responded.

The interviewer briefly laughed out loud before he moved on to the next question.

It was an unexpected moment when Lively name-dropped the 1994 prison film as the movie that is funniest to her.

The film follows a banker (Tim Robbins) who is sentenced to life in prison for murdering his wife and her lover, despite claiming that he’s innocent. He befriends a fellow prisoner (Morgan Freeman) and gets involved in a money laundering scheme behind bars.

In the midst of the “It Ends With Us” drama, Lively’s odd answer in the Vogue interview went viral on TikTok, prompting fans to call the actress out — again.

“I don’t think blake and I saw the same shawshank redemption,” one fan said in the comments.

“The Shawshank Redemption? I cried watching it,” another person said.

“She’s the kind of person where she’s always kidding so there’s no real answer given and so you’re just sitting there like… sooo wait what is it actually,” someone else wrote.

Another TikToker said Lively was being sarcastic in her answer, but she “badly delivered” her response.

“I think she was trying to answer like Ryan Reynolds but missed completely,” a different comment said.

“It just gets worse and worse AND worse,” another person said, referring to the pile-up of Lively’s past behavior that has been resurfacing.

Fans also created a Reddit thread to discuss Lively’s “Shawshank Redemption” answer.

“She’s so blindingly pretentious,” one of the comments read.

Other people called Lively “cringe” and “an idiot.”

They also called her out for saying in the Vogue interview that she “relates” more to the men on “Sex and the City” than the women.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58August 29, 2024 1:48 AM

She's ridiculous. And deserves all this attention.

What a blowhard.

by Anonymousreply 1August 28, 2024 8:02 AM

Yeah what a bitch I hate people who think it’s cute to never be sincere. Exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 2August 28, 2024 8:20 AM

Good Lord, this bitch doesn't stop delivering on what an insufferable over-reaching cunt she is.

by Anonymousreply 3August 28, 2024 8:25 AM

Blake, you in danger gurl!

by Anonymousreply 4August 28, 2024 10:38 AM

You're over-cunting, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 5August 28, 2024 10:43 AM

I mean... it's a dumb question so she gave a dumb answer.

by Anonymousreply 6August 28, 2024 11:18 AM

Someone help me come up with another word.

I've used CUNT too many times, in regards to Blake Lively.

I need something else.

by Anonymousreply 7August 28, 2024 12:01 PM

But that's a cunt move on the part of actor who should expect to do press tours and self brand promotion. At least spin your dumb answer with a bit of wit. She is clearly a wit free zone cunt.

by Anonymousreply 8August 28, 2024 12:11 PM

R7 How about HUSSY

by Anonymousreply 9August 28, 2024 12:15 PM

Performing requires precise and skilled timing. She has none. Zilch. It’s remarkable that she’s been hired for anything more than a tampon ad.

She’s little more than a middle-aged Barbie doll whose only, limited appeal - banal, blonde looks - are fading as she heads toward menopause.

by Anonymousreply 10August 28, 2024 12:19 PM

Lol R9.

I think I've come up with one. Or two.

How about, FAT BITCH?

by Anonymousreply 11August 28, 2024 12:19 PM

Who will be Ryan’s replacement? He likes them younger and younger these days.

Sydney Sweeney better watch her phone.

by Anonymousreply 12August 28, 2024 12:21 PM

How about "basic". That word would horrify her but that's what she is.

by Anonymousreply 13August 28, 2024 12:47 PM

Someone needs to tell Blake that if she's going to be trolling, she should do so anonymously here

But will defend her that Vogue's 73 questions were excessive. I probably would have slit a bitch's throat 23 questions into it

by Anonymousreply 14August 28, 2024 1:01 PM

At least she didn't answer with "12 Years a Slave".

by Anonymousreply 15August 28, 2024 1:14 PM

[quote] At least she didn't answer with "12 Years a Slave".

She was probably thinking it.

by Anonymousreply 16August 28, 2024 1:29 PM

her lifestyle brand was heavily slave culture fetishy.

by Anonymousreply 17August 28, 2024 1:37 PM

Why are people so keen to rip this chick to shreds? It’s beyond obvious she was joking.

Is it because she accused a costar of kissing her beyond what the role required?

by Anonymousreply 18August 28, 2024 1:49 PM

For a mother of multiple children, she sure spends a lot of time partying with her vapid, blonde bimbo pals.

I’m sure the kids run to the nanny during the holidays .

by Anonymousreply 19August 28, 2024 2:15 PM

I love that after she set out to destroy her costar and director Justin Balsoni, he hired a PR team to redeem himself and must be the force going nuclear on this bitch, bringing all these cunty interviews to light. Well done.

by Anonymousreply 20August 28, 2024 2:17 PM

R18 = Deadpool..

by Anonymousreply 21August 28, 2024 2:17 PM

[quote] I love that after she set out to destroy her costar and director Justin Balsoni, he hired a PR team to redeem himself and must be the force going nuclear on this bitch, bringing all these cunty interviews to light. Well done.

Money well spent!

by Anonymousreply 22August 28, 2024 2:21 PM

R20 Good. She’s devoid of talent and seems to have a rancid personality. An overaged, high-school bitch who is incapable of growing up.

If it wasn’t for her marriage, she’d be lucky to be playing a trailer-park grandmother on a streaming show.

by Anonymousreply 23August 28, 2024 2:29 PM

[quote]“I think she was trying to answer like Ryan Reynolds but missed completely,” a different comment said.

Yes, this sort of joke is her husband's whole brand. Her critics are having fun now but they should tread lightly. Reynolds and Swift have the power to pummel the internet into submission and this could have the unintended effect of bolstering her image in the long run.

by Anonymousreply 24August 28, 2024 2:34 PM

[quote] Reynolds and Swift have the power to pummel the internet into submission

🙄

So dramatic. Stop watching Marvel movies. Your brain can’t handle those.

The Internet is the most mercurial of places and will turn on a dime if it decides to do so. And it loves nothing more than tearing down what it built. Including those two white-bread clowns.

by Anonymousreply 25August 28, 2024 2:38 PM

She and Ryan live in my town which has plenty of more famous and way richer people. They were almost run out of town for calling the paparazzi on themselves. The last incident was at Martha Stewart’s Easter egg hunt which left them with egg all over their faces and destroyed their social currency here.

by Anonymousreply 26August 28, 2024 2:46 PM

Finally some juicy gossip! What happened at the Easter egg hunt?

by Anonymousreply 27August 28, 2024 2:51 PM

[quote]The Internet is the most mercurial of places and will turn on a dime if it decides to do so.

Yes, that's my point.

by Anonymousreply 28August 28, 2024 2:56 PM

[quote] I mean... it's a dumb question so she gave a dumb answer

It literally isn’t a “dumb” question.

by Anonymousreply 29August 28, 2024 3:00 PM

It's a simple straightforward question.

by Anonymousreply 30August 28, 2024 3:01 PM

R27, they called the paps to get a photo of Blake and her kid but it had to be set up at a very remote part of the property visible from the road. Martha was LIVID when she found out, sat them down and explained that this is simply not done here, the people who live here have earned the right to have their privacy and if they need pap shots, they don’t belong here. Never happened again.

The first incident was of them strolling in the park and then having dinner at a local restaurant. That was met with some eye rolls and the benefit of the doubt that maybe the restaurant arranged it. The next time was Ryan complaining they were “chased” in their car by paparazzi. That doesn’t happen here. People told them then to knock it off and live under the radar. The Easter party at Martha’s was the last straw. This was around the time Blake was trying to become the next Martha so she sat down and shut up after that.

by Anonymousreply 31August 28, 2024 3:05 PM

Leave Blake alone!

by Anonymousreply 32August 28, 2024 3:09 PM

R21 what does that mean?

by Anonymousreply 33August 28, 2024 3:14 PM

She strikes me as the stereotypical "cool girl" the main character in "Gone Girl" describes, inventing a personality she thinks a man wants a woman to have. In this case, she's copying Ryan's laid back and jokey persona. Unfortunately, Blake has no timing and just comes off as phony and try-hard.

by Anonymousreply 34August 28, 2024 3:18 PM

R26: HA! That’s so trashy. I’m surprised Blake didn’t show up with cameras rolling and try to start a fight with Martha.

Actually that’s probably where her career is going to end up: flipping tables as a Real Housewife.

by Anonymousreply 35August 28, 2024 3:18 PM

R31 Excellent tea! Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 36August 28, 2024 3:18 PM

Fun fact; she’s the much younger sister of 80s actor Jason Lively, who was in European Vacation and Night of the Creeps.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37August 28, 2024 3:29 PM

She's very much like the way Gillian Flynn explains "the cool girl" in GONE GIRL. She's trying to be funny like her husband tries by being sarcastic and flippant, and so she says appalling things to show off her "coolness."

I am glad this asshole is being shown up for what she is, and hope this causes both her and her husband to behave more like adults.

by Anonymousreply 38August 28, 2024 3:37 PM

😮 Wow…someone really has it in for her.

by Anonymousreply 39August 28, 2024 3:38 PM

r34: I apologize I didn't read your post before I posted. I should have read the whole thread.

At least great minds thing alike.

by Anonymousreply 40August 28, 2024 3:38 PM

I noticed Ryan and Taylor haven't come to her defense. They don't want to go down with the sinking ship.

by Anonymousreply 41August 28, 2024 4:08 PM

Everyone in that circle is just riding it out, waiting for this shitstorm to die on its own. She's going to lay low like Chrissy Teigen and come up again in several months. Maybe she'll pop up around Christmas, hoping the good will towards men season will mellow everybody's attitude.

by Anonymousreply 42August 28, 2024 4:28 PM

She miscalculated with this one. Even if she hated her costar and director, you suck it up and do the press tour. Hell, she had a built in opportunity to address “abuse” while promoting domestic violence but wouldn’t even do interviews, let alone talk about the film’s subject matter.

Does anyone even want to watch a movie about domestic violence? The title implies it ends in a murder suicide.

by Anonymousreply 43August 28, 2024 4:36 PM

Her attempt to go after her co-star and director sure blew up in her face.

by Anonymousreply 44August 28, 2024 4:43 PM

HALF sibling of Jason and Robin Lively R37.

Don't throw that skank in there with those 80's icons.

by Anonymousreply 45August 28, 2024 4:51 PM

[quote] They were almost run out of town for calling the paparazzi on themselves.

Can they run you out of town for that?

by Anonymousreply 46August 28, 2024 4:58 PM

Mr Affleck @ r46, ask your new girlfriend/drug dealer about that. Her father and half siblings used to live here. In fact, he fraudulently claimed to be a current resident and that like got him kicked off the ballot in NY.

by Anonymousreply 47August 28, 2024 5:19 PM

[quote] Her attempt to go after her co-star and director sure blew up in her face.

I was #teamjustinbaldoni the minute I read that she had all the other actors shun him.

That kind of behavior is so high school mean girl, and that was the instant I knew she was a grade-A CUNT.

by Anonymousreply 48August 28, 2024 6:29 PM

Loathsome twat.

Be gone, trash.

by Anonymousreply 49August 28, 2024 8:06 PM

It seems like Justin's team is doing a good job scouring the internet looking for any videos where Blake is being a cunt. He's getting his money's worth. Well played Justin 👏.

by Anonymousreply 50August 28, 2024 9:02 PM

[quote] It seems like Justin's team is doing a good job scouring the internet looking for any videos where Blake is being a cunt

It’s challenging to find one where she’s not.

by Anonymousreply 51August 28, 2024 9:38 PM

Terrible people need to be brought down a notch. I hope more awful behavior is brought to light. She's lucky to have that man of hers or we wouldn't even be talking about her.

by Anonymousreply 52August 28, 2024 9:54 PM

R38, actually she would have been great in Gone Girl (Pike telegraphed evil intent in every scene).

She is dumb but frankly this thing of going through what was said in a stupid intrrview 10 years ago in a mindless interview is horrible.

by Anonymousreply 53August 28, 2024 10:16 PM

Well, she's laughing all the way to the bank. She is credited as a producer on this $25M film which has grossed over $243M.

Maybe she thought creating some controversy to promote the film would bring it much needed attention in a sea of summer film releases. Now she lays low for awhile, a mea culpa down the line and then a slow re-introduction into polite society.

by Anonymousreply 54August 28, 2024 10:22 PM

Blake, gracias for giving these mean homos someone new to destroy.

I will pass the Cunt Crown to you, white devil bitch.

Sic her, chulos!

by Anonymousreply 55August 28, 2024 10:30 PM

R54 I don’t think she’s that smart. But I’m sure it will subside but unfortunately the internet never forgets. This will follow her.

by Anonymousreply 56August 29, 2024 1:25 AM

She’s so affected. Same smile, same hair over one shoulder, same pose with Ryan. Polite society loves mediocrity.

by Anonymousreply 57August 29, 2024 1:27 AM

Exactly, R57.

Completely phony.

by Anonymousreply 58August 29, 2024 1:48 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!