Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

CBS Sunday Morning interviews Jonathan Bailey

Actor Jonathan Bailey sits down with Michelle Miller to discuss his on-screen romance roles in both "Bridgerton" and "Fellow Travelers."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 29, 2024 7:06 PM

WHO?

by Anonymousreply 1August 28, 2024 1:24 AM

This should be airing this coming weekend (9-1). Great move by his agent / PR person / manager for this exposure when Emmy voters are voting. He should score a boatload of new votes with this interview.

(Emmy Awards will be given out two weeks later - 9/15)

by Anonymousreply 2August 28, 2024 1:27 AM

Is Matt Bomer nominated too, R2?

by Anonymousreply 3August 28, 2024 1:29 AM

R3 Yes he is. IIRC Bomer is nominated as lead actor and Bailey is nominated as supporting actor. This way, the two are not competing with each other, and each can go home with an Emmy.

Smart move by their agents.

by Anonymousreply 4August 28, 2024 1:37 AM

YAY!!

by Anonymousreply 5August 28, 2024 1:38 AM

Both Matt and Jonathan deserve Emmys for their performances in "Fellow Travelers."

I still watch it on AMC Plus, and they were both so wonderful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 28, 2024 1:41 AM

It's one of those mini series which stays with you a very long time. Perfectly cast (except I would have cast Gregory Harrison in the role of Bomer's father as they look so much alike), perfectly written, perfectly acted.

by Anonymousreply 7August 28, 2024 1:45 AM

[quote] YAY!!

I’m so happy.

by Anonymousreply 8August 28, 2024 1:54 AM

I agree, R7.

There were so many layers to the story and to the characters.

I just can't get enough of it!

Here's hoping that they both win an Emmy on September 15.

Btw, who are they up against?

by Anonymousreply 9August 28, 2024 2:12 PM

R9, Bomer doesn't have much of a chance. He's up against Richard Gadd for Fellow Travelers and Andrew Scott for Ripley, who are considered the front-runners.

Bailey has a decent shot. He's up against Robert Downey Jr. for The Sympathizer. Downey plays multiple roles, but that limited series bombed in terms of viewership and Emmy nominations, whereas Fellow Travelers did decently well.

by Anonymousreply 10August 28, 2024 2:36 PM

Do you mean Richard Gadd for Baby Reindeer?

by Anonymousreply 11August 28, 2024 2:39 PM

Yes, R11. Obviously Baby Reindeer, which is probably going to win a lot of the Limited Series awards.

by Anonymousreply 12August 28, 2024 2:41 PM

I hope that Bomer somehow pulls it off.

I know I'm in the minority, but I think that Matt Bomer was better in FT, than Jonathan Bailey.

Don't get me wrong. They were both fantastic.

But if I had to choose, I'd say Bomer's acting was better.

by Anonymousreply 13August 28, 2024 2:44 PM

^ Hi, Matt! I can't wait to watch that new trainwreck you guys are calling a sitcom.

by Anonymousreply 14August 29, 2024 6:57 PM

I've been in lust with him since "Broadchurch."

by Anonymousreply 15August 29, 2024 7:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!