Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Let’s be Pop Music history

I’ll start: JLo is known for stealing songs but in this instance she transformed an Usher track which was a lyrical disaster into a fun sexy club song. And no she didn’t actually steal this track; the producer recycled the beat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 28, 2024 2:26 AM

I'm stealing songs. . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 27, 2024 3:00 PM

I’m the moonwalk

by Anonymousreply 2August 27, 2024 3:08 PM

I’m Madonna’s “Like a Virgin” performance at the VMAs.

by Anonymousreply 3August 27, 2024 3:09 PM

I'm Bruce Springsteen's hot ass on the cover of "Born in the USA"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 27, 2024 3:12 PM

Though made famous by Dione Warwick, Aretha Franklin covered it two years later and made it a hit once again. Which version do you prefer. I prefer Aretha’s version.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 27, 2024 3:12 PM

I'm the cone bra.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 27, 2024 3:17 PM

I'm Miss Connie Francis, the first woman ever to top the Billboard Hot 100 chart (with my megahit "Everybody's Somebody's Fool").

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7August 27, 2024 3:20 PM

I'm Madonna telling people Janet smells like Corn Nuts

by Anonymousreply 8August 27, 2024 3:20 PM

I'm Britney Spears promoting myself as a virgin even though I'm not.

by Anonymousreply 9August 27, 2024 3:21 PM

I'm a Britney stan and I know that Brit is actually extremely intelligent and she could have received a Doctorate in Nuclear Physics if it wasn't for fucking Diane Sawyer.

by Anonymousreply 10August 27, 2024 3:21 PM

I'm girl group Hansen!

by Anonymousreply 11August 27, 2024 3:22 PM

I'm crack and I'm whack!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 27, 2024 3:22 PM

Perhaps known as Shakira’s signature song, it was originally written and recorded by Wyclef featuring Afro-Latina singer Claudette Ortiz. It was featured on the soundtrack for Dirty Dancing Havana Nights, one of the worst movies of all time. You might remember Claudette as the female member of the popular early aughts hip hop trio City High.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 27, 2024 3:24 PM

I'm the Ronettes' "Be My Baby," written by Jeff Barry, Ellie Greenwich, and Phil Spector. Girl group music extraordinaire.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 27, 2024 3:24 PM

I'm "Don't Worry, Baby," Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys' homage to his favorite song, Phil Spector's "Be My Baby."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 27, 2024 3:24 PM

I'm Stevie and Lindsey in late 1975 throwing things and screaming at each other and breaking up mere months after joining Fleetwood Mac. We are whipping out our retaliatory song notebooks and feeling down and messy. What a disaster.

by Anonymousreply 16August 27, 2024 3:26 PM

We’re Kay Starr, Gogi Grant, Debbie Reynolds &The McGuire Sisters. We topped the Billboard charts before they were “hot”. Our chart toppers all eclipsed Connie Francis’, however we’re all dead now, so kudos, honey.

by Anonymousreply 17August 27, 2024 3:50 PM

I'm Fergie cosplaying as a black woman that sings.

by Anonymousreply 18August 27, 2024 5:25 PM

I'm the day the music died

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 27, 2024 6:06 PM

I'm phil spector, one of the very most important producers ever

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 27, 2024 6:07 PM

I'm Sheena Easton's sugar coated pussy.

by Anonymousreply 21August 27, 2024 6:12 PM

In addition to having a sugar-coated pussy, Sheena was also the first recording artist to have a top 5 hit on each of these Billboard singles charts: Pop, Adult Contemporary, Country, R&B, and Dance.

by Anonymousreply 22August 27, 2024 6:17 PM

HI SHEENA!

by Anonymousreply 23August 27, 2024 6:19 PM

I will be your Father Figure! Put your tiny _ in my _

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24August 27, 2024 6:27 PM

I'm Katy Perry. I will be around for a long, long time.

by Anonymousreply 25August 27, 2024 6:43 PM

R7 'm Miss Connie Francis, the first woman ever to top the Billboard Hot 100 chart (with my megahit "Everybody's Somebody's Fool").

And the first woman to have back-to-back #1s with my next release of My Heart Has A Mind of Its Own, both written by Howie Greenfield and Jack Keller. on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. Better believe it!

by Anonymousreply 26August 28, 2024 2:23 AM

R7 and 26 Top female of the 50s and 60s with much more hits than all females who preceded me!

by Anonymousreply 27August 28, 2024 2:26 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!