Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Chappell Roan Calls Out Inappropriate Fan Behavior, Reaffirms Boundaries

She’s telling you NOW so she doesn’t have to tell you later!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67September 17, 2024 11:57 PM

She needs to know she's not quite as important as she thinks she is.

Stop acting like a diva...you aren't.

by Anonymousreply 1August 27, 2024 6:01 AM

Not suited to being a star. Someone like Joan Crawford loved her fans

by Anonymousreply 2August 27, 2024 6:02 AM

“Move, you freaks! My table at Perino’s is waiting for me!”

by Anonymousreply 3August 27, 2024 6:07 AM

We. Don't. Care. about your stupid drag stuff.

by Anonymousreply 4August 27, 2024 6:08 AM

I know some fans can behave inappropriately, but her smug self-righteousness is very off-putting. I’ll bet she’ll be begging for fans before long.

by Anonymousreply 5August 27, 2024 6:10 AM

Fuck this cunt.

by Anonymousreply 6August 27, 2024 6:16 AM

Music fans are the craziest of them all. She should know this.

by Anonymousreply 7August 27, 2024 6:23 AM

Her 15 minutes should be up soon praise Bowie.

Also Lollspalooza is still a music festival? Wow. That takes me back. A friend attended the Vancouver event 30 years ago now.

by Anonymousreply 8August 27, 2024 6:26 AM

I hate how she’s phrasing this as a “women’s” issue. She says nothing about not approaching male celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 9August 27, 2024 8:09 AM

She?

by Anonymousreply 10August 27, 2024 8:12 AM

She's pissing off more fans now for cancelling 2 European shows just a couple days in advance. She posted on IG that it was due to "scheduling conflicts," without specifying that it was because she was invited to the VMAs. A lot of people would have had nonrefundable bookings for transport and hotels.

I'm sure parasocial fan behavior is annoying and overwhelming at times, but prioritizing the VMAs over scheduled performances for the ones who made her successful doesn't really jibe with her "I hate being famous" act. She is talented, but she's definitely not at the level where she can act like this and not have it bite her in the ass..

by Anonymousreply 11August 31, 2024 6:44 PM

She'll have a long, long time to regret all this hubris.

by Anonymousreply 12August 31, 2024 6:46 PM

She’s talking about straight white guys who want to fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 13August 31, 2024 6:48 PM

R5 Negative. This will win her more fans amongst Gen Z for keeping it real. She is a self righteous cunt though but that’s what that generation loves. She is also going to normalize celebs telling fans how to behave. Bet on it. This will probably make her A list.

by Anonymousreply 14August 31, 2024 6:49 PM

Do any modern singers have any power or range to their voice? Maybe they need to eat more meat...

by Anonymousreply 15August 31, 2024 6:52 PM

Good voices were discovered and promoted by music business people and agents. These days you can upload things from your trailer park in Iowa to YouTube and gain a following of not particularly picky listeners, then the music business pursues you.

by Anonymousreply 16August 31, 2024 7:23 PM

I like her songs but she can fuck off.

And crying misogyny over fan interaction. Cause you know, male singers like Harry Styles and Bieber don’t face the same thing x1000.

by Anonymousreply 17August 31, 2024 7:25 PM

Didn’t she just cancel shows so that she could perform at the AMAs? That should put an end to many of the “fan relationships” she finds so fraught.

by Anonymousreply 18August 31, 2024 7:44 PM

VMAs…not AMAs. I didn’t know either of these shows was still even a thing, but then again I don’t really know what a Chappell Roan is either.

by Anonymousreply 19August 31, 2024 7:47 PM

More Midwest, less princess.

by Anonymousreply 20August 31, 2024 9:55 PM

She’s so dull.

by Anonymousreply 21September 1, 2024 2:12 AM

R14 You’re sadly right that many have been applauding her for this, but she’s also faced backlash and apparently had to disable comments on her original posts where she made these statements.

by Anonymousreply 22September 1, 2024 3:45 AM

She is so boring.

by Anonymousreply 23September 1, 2024 3:53 AM

She’s 26? I thought this ho was like 19. Thick body ass needs to have seats.

by Anonymousreply 24September 1, 2024 4:05 AM

Miss Roan has stated her boundaries!

by Anonymousreply 25September 1, 2024 4:08 AM

She is not even Gen Z. She is just a young ass millennial. This bitch basic as fuck and likely mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 26September 1, 2024 4:12 AM

I pronounce her an Honorary Sister Of The Travelling Pant

by Anonymousreply 27September 1, 2024 4:59 AM

The Last Dinner Party is better than her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28September 1, 2024 5:04 AM

I thought this was somebody from Rupauls Drag Race

by Anonymousreply 29September 1, 2024 6:39 AM

So we’re just throwing the word artist around meaninglessly today

by Anonymousreply 30September 1, 2024 6:42 AM

R26: born in 1998, she *would* be classified as a Zoomer. The Millennial cut-off year is generally 1996.

by Anonymousreply 31September 1, 2024 7:13 AM

[quote] She is not even Gen Z. She is just a young ass millennial

No the fuck she's not! She was born in 1998 that is Gen fucking Z insufferable to the T. Your math is way off R26.

by Anonymousreply 32September 1, 2024 7:13 AM

She's technically Gen Z, but she'd be classified as an "elder Gen Z" and probably has more in common with millennials. It's the same as how people born in 1981 (or the early '80s in general) are technically millennials, but they truly have much more in common with Gen X than millennials who were born in the late '80s and early '90s.

by Anonymousreply 33September 1, 2024 7:22 AM

R33 This bitch can't sit with us. Stop it!

by Anonymousreply 34September 1, 2024 2:09 PM

Categorizing someone as Boomer, Gen Z, Gen X, Millenial, etc. is stupid. Stop please. Its random. Like ascribing personality traits based on astrological signs.

by Anonymousreply 35September 1, 2024 5:17 PM

R35 What's really stupid is taking any post you see on this website seriously. That is stupid.

by Anonymousreply 36September 1, 2024 5:28 PM

I agree to an extent, but it matters somewhat in that each generation has (and claims) its own "icons." Millennials have Gaga, Taylor Swift, Rihanna, Beyoncé, Kendrick Lamar, Bruno Mars, and Drake, for starters; Xers have Nirvana, Nine Inch Nails, Public Enemy, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Pixies, and various Britpop bands, to name a few; Boomers have Joni Mitchell, CCR, Dylan, Fleetwood Mac, The Doors, Beatles, Rolling Stones, etc. Same for acting.

by Anonymousreply 37September 1, 2024 5:28 PM

I had to look her up. She’s a joke.

by Anonymousreply 38September 1, 2024 5:39 PM

R36 Including yours. Dear.

by Anonymousreply 39September 2, 2024 6:16 AM

R36 I was including mine 'dear' that was the point. You're too much of a snowflake for this website. Log out.

by Anonymousreply 40September 2, 2024 10:59 AM

[quote] I had to look her up. She’s a joke.

Most definitely. She was at 926 bar and grill last night being 'celebrated' despite the backlash she's been getting. Introduced herself as a 'queer cis-gender lesiban woman' 🙄 She definitely knows how to show support pander to her main audience, but I see her going the way of Gaga. Maybe she's a decent actress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41September 2, 2024 11:02 AM

White tween girls are into her. Or they were a few minutes ago when Hot To Go was a hit song.

by Anonymousreply 42September 2, 2024 11:08 AM

Good for her. So she’s a mentally ill cunt because she said stop stalking my family and touching me? I guess I’m crazy because I don’t understand one bit. The culture of fandom IS sick and toxic.

by Anonymousreply 43September 2, 2024 12:46 PM

R43 Most people don’t have an issue with her calling out stalking or inappropriate touching. But conflating that with asking for autographs and selfies seems misguided.

by Anonymousreply 44September 2, 2024 1:01 PM

Laura Branigan was a bitch but at least her music was good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45September 2, 2024 1:35 PM

R40 Be gone you tiresome old queen. No one says SnOwFlAke anymore excepect MAGATS.

by Anonymousreply 46September 2, 2024 5:21 PM

Some get these annoying faggy Yassss Kweens away from me!

by Anonymousreply 47September 2, 2024 5:41 PM

R46 I love it when I'm proven right! Just because someone correctly notes what a thin-skinned little bitch you are doesn't make them old or Maga. You are much too sensitive, Mary. Log out and change your maxi pad before you log back in. PS: Stop WW your own posts. You're just further embarrassing yourself, snow white.

by Anonymousreply 48September 2, 2024 6:39 PM

I actually like her. But this was a misstep.

Do you think Madonna, Beyonce, Gaga, or Taylor would EVER say this? Hell no.

by Anonymousreply 49September 2, 2024 6:42 PM

On one hand I get what she's saying to an extent. Just because you're famous doesn't mean people have the right to touch/maul you in the streets. That is inappropriate and an invasion of your personal space. On the other hand, I'm not understanding what exactly she expected to happen. The bitch is famous as fuck right now and 99% of her fans are young lesbians and gay dudes, so the argument that "I'm just a little woman and I'm scared for my safety from the dirty straight men who want to RAPE me!" doesn't really track. With a career as a musician or singer, fawning fans comes with the territory, ESPECIALLY pops tars. I don't think there's a celebrity demographic that has more intense fans. She might be just a girl from Missouri, but she knew this all along, which makes it hard to feel bad for her.

by Anonymousreply 50September 2, 2024 10:43 PM

R49 Taylor just put out a song about her self righteous fans

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51September 2, 2024 11:08 PM

She has a point, but turning it into a misogyny thing was a mistake.

Look at the attention boy bands get. Some of those female fans are worryingly parasocial and creepy.

by Anonymousreply 52September 2, 2024 11:22 PM

What's with the costume? It looks like some Wonder Woman type shit?

by Anonymousreply 53September 2, 2024 11:28 PM

R53 I think the interview explains it. She seems to think having a separate stage persona would mean people wouldn't recognise her out of said persona. But her irritable comments show she's annoyed that's not the case.

by Anonymousreply 54September 2, 2024 11:33 PM

She’s and her music are just so blah.

by Anonymousreply 55September 7, 2024 9:03 PM

If she does end up going out on tour with Olivia Rodrigo, I can just see it now..

“It’s so unfair that people expect women to go on tour. I mean, it’s like really hard work! I shouldn’t have to do this! My self-care is more important than my fans”

by Anonymousreply 56September 17, 2024 3:05 PM

Chappell Roan DRAWS A LINE

by Anonymousreply 57September 17, 2024 3:09 PM

Oh, honey, it comes with the territory. When you’re sexy and extremely talented, fans are gonna Stan. We megastars just have to learn to deal.

by Anonymousreply 58September 17, 2024 3:11 PM

I'm still trying to understand why anyone considers her talented.

There's talent, and then there's spectacle. They're not the same.

by Anonymousreply 59September 17, 2024 3:13 PM

R48 You are ridiculous. "Mary"? How old ARE you?

by Anonymousreply 60September 17, 2024 4:32 PM

Already sick of this dime-store Stevie Nicks. Go back to Drama Club, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 61September 17, 2024 4:36 PM

One day soon she’ll wish she had a fan.

by Anonymousreply 62September 17, 2024 4:40 PM

She is a nasty bitch

by Anonymousreply 63September 17, 2024 4:44 PM

My young gay coworkers love her. I gave her a chance but her voice is nothing special and neither is her look. Her attitude sure is special!

by Anonymousreply 64September 17, 2024 9:22 PM

She's one of those "both sides suck" people. 🙄 Granted, she said that before Biden dropped out. Now she says:

[quote]“Right now, it’s more important than ever to use your vote, and I will do whatever it takes to protect people’s civil rights, especially the LGBTQ+ community,” Roan told Rolling Stone in August. “My ethics and values will always align with that, and that hasn’t changed with a different nominee. I feel lucky to be alive during an incredibly historical time period when a woman of color is a presidential nominee.”

Better, but not quite a full endorsement. I just don't think she's very bright or aware of anything outside of herself. She could have put in a good word for Lucas Kunce, too...but does she even know who he is?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65September 17, 2024 10:25 PM

She’s beyond tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 66September 17, 2024 11:46 PM

She used to be more manageable back when she released Pink Pony Club a couple of years ago, but ever since she blew up this summer with Good Luck, Babe! she has been insufferable and trying to act like Miley during her Bangerz phase. In every interview or appearance she tries to be edgy and like the weird quirky girl. We get it, Chappell, you're vocally somewhat talented but you're not "it." Sit down, child.

by Anonymousreply 67September 17, 2024 11:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!