Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ella Emhoff Is Now Being Compared To Ivanka Trump

She didn’t ask to be the center of attention, but she now is. Kamala Harris’s step daughter Ella Emhoff is now being unfavorably compared to Ivanka Trump after her appearance at this year’s Democratic National Convention.

That’s because there are some critics out there who think Ella could have done a better job of representing herself or at least dressing the part on what might be her step mother’s most important moment of her political career.

One person even showed a side by side photo of Ella and Ivanka on X (formerly Twitter) and captioned it with, “One need only compare a photo of Ella Emhoff to Ivanka at the RNC to understand why it’s an issue.”

“If your children can’t look dignified in public, how can you be expected to effectively lead your constituents. It’s disorder all the way down.”

Another critic wrote, “There’s even no comparison. Even Trump’s granddaughter was beautiful and dressed impeccable on top of speaking very well for her age.””

“Exactly – everyone in the family is always well presented and looks respectful in public!”

Another critic wrote, “That’s what makes it bad – if she was 16 I might be more forgiving, but she’s 25 and still dressing and acting like a teenager.”

“Ivanka does look personable though, whereas Ella looks like she just got the wrong fast food order.”

Another critic wrote, “I noticed this last night and thought the same thing – there is ZERO standards or accountability in that party, even in the little things. You can see it when viewing the people in the crowd.”

“I’m not going to criticize anyone who doesn’t want to wear makeup or be frilly, but they always have the ugliest, badly fitting clothes, and often greasy hair.”

So far Ella Emhoff herself has not made any comments about the matter. We will update you with all of the latest details once they come in. For now, drop us a line with your thoughts in our comments section below.

In the meantime, come back right here for all the latest updates and spoilers on your favorite daytime television shows and political news.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46August 27, 2024 2:31 AM

I think she was fine. In fact, I think it speaks well of Kamala that she has such a tight relationship with her stepchildren. I'll be honest, though, and say I would judge Kamala harshly if that was her daughter, rather than stepdaughter.

by Anonymousreply 1August 26, 2024 4:41 PM

I missed the part when Kamala announced that Ella will be part of her administration.

by Anonymousreply 2August 26, 2024 4:43 PM

Article from Celebrating the Soaps.

by Anonymousreply 3August 26, 2024 4:44 PM

I'm sure Ella and her partner (if she has one) are not out there grifting.

by Anonymousreply 4August 26, 2024 4:44 PM

Well, before she had insane amounts of plastic surgery, Ivanka was just as hideously ugly as Ella is. The only differences are that Ivanka isn't covered in repugnant sociopath markings (AKA tattoos), and Ella doesn't seem to be particularly concerned with the idea of becoming White House Princess.

Oh, and before I forget, they do have another similarity: both Ivanka's father and Ella's step-mother are stupid, talentless, embarrassing clowns.

by Anonymousreply 5August 26, 2024 4:47 PM

You seem to know a lot about clowning yourself, R5.

by Anonymousreply 6August 26, 2024 4:49 PM

[quote]She didn’t ask to be the center of attention

She's marketing herself as a model, working in a profession that's dependent upon public scrutiny. What do people expect?

You can't compare her to Chelsea Clinton or the Obama girls, who are private figures, and who were kids when they were going through their parents' presidency eras.

And no, I don't agree with judging anyone's looks, but let's be real, if she wasn't Kamala's stepdaughter, she would be the subject of constant ridicule on here, much in the way that other unconventionally attractive looking women like Lena Dunham and Cyntha Marionni are.

by Anonymousreply 7August 26, 2024 4:52 PM

R7: Let's be real, if she wasn't Kamala's stepdaughter, the modeling agencies would laugh her out of their offices.

by Anonymousreply 8August 26, 2024 4:54 PM

R3 Yes, the link is provided in my OP. Did you think readers here needed more clarification than the link itself ?

by Anonymousreply 9August 26, 2024 5:05 PM

So the kid is supposed to be well-dressed or WWIII will break out but sticking your dick in Stormy Daniels while wife #3 shoots the little shitter out is A-OK.

by Anonymousreply 10August 26, 2024 5:09 PM

[quote]I'll be honest, though, and say I would judge Kamala harshly if that was her daughter, rather than stepdaughter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 26, 2024 5:12 PM

I said it before and I shall say it again - Ella looks like the majority of young female 'Zoomers' entering the labor market. She looks exactly like the newly hired grads teaching the kids in school (K-12), like the librarians in your public and and school libraries, like everyone serving you in the food and beverage industry; like everyone taking care of your investments and finances; like the new realtors selling your home; like everyone in the healthcare industry, etc.

THIS is the new look, the new style, the new appearance of today's younger generation. We (society) told them it was ok when they were growing up. No one stopped them from getting tatoos, nose rings, rainbow hair and raggedy clothes and today it's acceptable. No big deal.

by Anonymousreply 12August 26, 2024 5:14 PM

She's an oddball, for sure, but she seems to have a good heart. That's what matters most to people with a soul.

by Anonymousreply 13August 26, 2024 5:21 PM

Earrings! Caftans!

by Anonymousreply 14August 26, 2024 5:35 PM

Unless the kids are awful, like Trump’s trigger happy douchebag big game hunting sons, I say leave the kids out of it.

by Anonymousreply 15August 26, 2024 5:36 PM

Do these people have anything to say about the fact that Ivanka is such a shitty daughter, that she allowed her father to bury Ivana in his golf course to get a tax break? She has so much influence over her father, she could have gotten him to give her a respectful burial, but she doesn't care. And now that same "gravesite" is completely neglected and overrun with weeds. Clearly, Ivanka doesn't give a shit about her own mother and her memory. What a ghoul.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 26, 2024 5:50 PM

[quote] If your children can’t look dignified in public, how can you be expected to effectively lead your constituents. It’s disorder all the way down.”

Can’t find a flaw in that logic.

by Anonymousreply 17August 26, 2024 5:54 PM

She was in an elegant helmut lang top, what are they talking about? Her cutesy hipster tattoos? Nothing about her look would have been shocking 30 years ago, let alone now. These people are pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 18August 26, 2024 6:01 PM

"If your children can’t look dignified in public, how can you be expected to effectively lead your constituents."

You mean like when Junior Mint shows up completely wasted on a coke bender, sweating profusely, practically foaming at the mouth and shouting at the top of his lungs? Ya mean that kind of dignity?

by Anonymousreply 19August 26, 2024 6:10 PM

What else they got? Going after Gus then Ulla, try harder hideously ugly Repugs.

by Anonymousreply 20August 26, 2024 6:18 PM

Sorry ELLA

by Anonymousreply 21August 26, 2024 6:23 PM

Ella Emhoff compares very favorably to Ivanka Trump. She is smarter, kinder, more honest, and more ethical.

by Anonymousreply 22August 26, 2024 7:25 PM

I’ve never seen a photo of Ella at an event for Harris where she was poorly or inappropriately dressed. The tattoos are awful, but what can she do?

But she definitely asked to be the center of attention when she agreed to speak at the DNC and accepted modeling jobs.

by Anonymousreply 23August 26, 2024 7:40 PM

Ella is a holier-than-thou Trustfund Cunt who cosplays as an avant garde bohemian civil rights activist in Bushwick. Dime a dozen. She’s a fake.

by Anonymousreply 24August 26, 2024 7:44 PM

Yep, those Trumps, always so dignified, so fitting the office.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 26, 2024 7:48 PM

[quote] Ella doesn't seem to be particularly concerned with the idea of becoming White House Princess.

This right here gives me reason to like her.

by Anonymousreply 26August 26, 2024 7:54 PM

Ivanka is nothing more than a useless grifter.

by Anonymousreply 27August 26, 2024 7:55 PM

She wears ugly clothes, who cares.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 26, 2024 7:55 PM

Did everyone forget about Ivanka's modeling career? Absolutely no nepotism involved 🙄 And that was before she got into the family businesses - racketeering, money laundering, bribery, etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29August 26, 2024 8:01 PM

"If your children can’t look dignified in public, how can you be expected to effectively lead your constituents."

Who's defining dignified ?

A dignified appearance in August 2024 for a 20-something year old is not the same as what was a dignified appearance for a 20-something year old in 2004. Trends and fashions change.

by Anonymousreply 30August 26, 2024 8:08 PM

She has a lovely, sincere smile in the picture at R28. I’ve never seen Ivanka look sincere. She has been complicit in everything her father has inflicted on the world. Just when I thought she was distancing herself from his pure evil, she sends messages of support and social media tributes. Ivanka can fuck off.

And yes, Ella looks like a 25 year-old looks in 2024. We may not be used to it because DL skews ancient, but that is what the Gen Z folks look like. My old as fuck self works with them, and I’m impressed by their openness, capacity for acceptance, and ingenuity.

by Anonymousreply 31August 26, 2024 8:11 PM

She's part of the they/them no labels generation. They all look like that. Even the hotter guys all have the stupid broccoli hair

by Anonymousreply 32August 26, 2024 8:11 PM

Ivanka Trump is an idiot and probably an SA victim. There is no comparison.

by Anonymousreply 33August 26, 2024 8:17 PM

Why are they comparing Ella to Ivanka ? Why not compare her to fat Tiffany who is closer in age ?

by Anonymousreply 34August 26, 2024 8:24 PM

Pretty sure Ella’s partner didn’t sell government secrets to the Saudis for 2 billion dollars so, that’s a point or two for her over daddy’s little fucktoy.

by Anonymousreply 35August 26, 2024 8:25 PM

Tiff has a perfect moon face. Many people say it's the most perfect moon face they've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 36August 26, 2024 8:27 PM

And I'm positive that Kamala is not going to give her a position in her administration for which she is totally unqualified and which will be used to grift millions (billions, including hubby!) of dollars.

Let Ella do her trustafarian thing in Brooklyn and leave her alone. She's not hurting anyone.

by Anonymousreply 37August 26, 2024 8:33 PM

I’m waiting for the op ed in Soap Opera Digest.

by Anonymousreply 38August 26, 2024 8:38 PM

[quote] “If your children can’t look dignified in public, how can you be expected to effectively lead your constituents. It’s disorder all the way down.”

Uh huh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39August 26, 2024 8:54 PM

If we're making comparisons, let's do spouses. I'd take Doug over Melania any day! And regarding son's, those Trump boys don't hold a candle to Cole Emhoff.

by Anonymousreply 40August 26, 2024 9:08 PM

R40 I'd still do Eric, because he'd cry after.

by Anonymousreply 41August 26, 2024 9:20 PM

Cole is a doodoo dingleberry butt. He stinks.

by Anonymousreply 42August 26, 2024 9:22 PM

Ella's just a hipster. I'm assuming those complaining about her have never been out of Des Moines or whatever. She's probably smarter than all the Trump offspring combined. And as already mentioned, I'm certain she won't meddle in politics.

by Anonymousreply 43August 26, 2024 9:25 PM

R42 I supposed you'd rather change Trump's diapers?

by Anonymousreply 44August 26, 2024 9:58 PM

R29 Ivanka has a weak jaw. Not pretty at all.

by Anonymousreply 45August 26, 2024 9:59 PM

Once Harris gets in, I do hope Emma takes over Ivanka's roles in the White House, since both ladies have the same qualifications: Senior Advisor and director of the Office of Economic Initiatives and Entrepreneurship.

by Anonymousreply 46August 27, 2024 2:31 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!