Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dateline Port Charles: Chris Van Etten Back In The Driver's Seat, Taking Turns With Elizabeth Korte

Chris Van Etten is back as the designated driver with Elizabeth Korte, travelling through the streets of Port Charles.

Ric Lansing, Lucky Spencer, Holly Sutton, Lulu Spencer and possibly others are all passengers, picked up along the way.

Are all these returns enough to keep viewers going along for the ride?

Or will viewers start requesting a stop at a location outside of Port Charles?

by Anonymousreply 600September 8, 2024 2:08 PM

This Week's New Promo:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 26, 2024 12:59 PM

Previews For This Week:

Monday, August 26th, 2024

Tracy is shaken.

Laura embarks on a mission.

Anna enlists Robert’s help.

Jason hears Brennan out.

Brook Lynn has an emotional talk with Chase.

Tuesday, August 27th, 2024

Elizabeth and Carly are dumbstruck.

Laura delivers dire news.

Molly confides in Dex.

Ric visits Alexis.

Tracy lashes out.

Wednesday, August 28th, 2024

Laura makes a big decision.

Anna makes her case to Brennan.

Sonny’s suspicions are confirmed.

Ava is alarmed.

Kristina contacts Jason.

Thursday, August 29th, 2024

Kristina is devastated.

Sonny makes a stunning offer.

Drew gets a shocking call.

Dante opens up to Olivia.

Portia and Curtis discuss the future.

Friday, August 30th, 2024

Carly puts pressure on Sonny.

Alexis faces off with Jagger.

Anna is persuasive.

Michael worries about Willow.

Ava is frightened.

by Anonymousreply 2August 26, 2024 1:06 PM

Rick Hearst makes me moist - down there. I still see why Frank Beaty fell for him.

by Anonymousreply 3August 26, 2024 1:08 PM

R3 😁 😁

Speaking of Frank Beaty, I don't think GL would've been able to get away with the Marian/Lucy storyline if they somehow were still on today, airing in this day and age. Soaps were able to get away with more then, than now.

by Anonymousreply 4August 26, 2024 1:20 PM

Would anyone want Clifton back on GH as OG Dillon Q? With Lulu’s return and Maxie finally feeling like herself again I’d love GH to invest more in this age group. Get Ryan Carnes on contract and bring back Lucas too!

by Anonymousreply 5August 26, 2024 4:20 PM

Scott Clifton is welcome anywhere - would love to see him back on GH since he’s not being used at B&B.

by Anonymousreply 6August 26, 2024 4:40 PM

Scott C sold his soul to be the most boring soap character ever on B&B, I doubt he'd ever leave there.

by Anonymousreply 7August 26, 2024 4:58 PM

B&B is barely using Cliffton. After almost 15 years of being front burner, his Liam in now on the far back burner. Did he do something to piss of Brad Bell.

by Anonymousreply 8August 26, 2024 5:07 PM

Charles Mesure back on X.

Will the third time be the charm for Charles? Will he curb his Snarly enthusiasm this time to keep the peace? He's praising Finola today so that's a good start.

by Anonymousreply 9August 26, 2024 7:12 PM

Never mind. Charles Mesure is already calling Snarly "radiant" on X.

He insists on making me dislike him.

by Anonymousreply 10August 26, 2024 7:18 PM

General Hospital Coming:

Brent Chase (Lou): Chase’s alter ego is part of the drama surrounding the reintroduction of Lucky Spencer (Jonathan Jackson). The actor has previously appeared on Animal Kingdom, Good Girls and Bosch.

Lincoln Hoppe (Dr. Conlon): Laura (Genie Francis) gets news about ailing daughter Lulu from this physician. Hoppe was previously on Truth Be Told, Roomies and Hearts on Fire.

Adam Huss (Nikolas Cassadine): As revealed in this week’s promo, Laura’s firstborn son will be making an appearance when she goes to visit him in prison.

Emmanuel Jalbert (Gerard): Gerard is also involved with Lucky’s comeback storyline. Jalbert’s prior TV credits include Bloody Famous and A Grunt’s Life.

Carlo Rota (Character Name TBA): Rota, a familiar face in prime-time thanks to roles on hits like Jane The Virgin, 24 and Breaking Bad, is joining the cast in a top-secret role. Rota will make his debut this week.

Sawandi Wilson (Isaiah): The actor may look familiar to fans of the final season of Star Trek: Discovery, in which he played Capt. Leo. Look for him to interact in story with Lucky.

by Anonymousreply 11August 26, 2024 7:26 PM

Frank keeps hiring and hiring and hiring.....

by Anonymousreply 12August 26, 2024 9:17 PM

JJ is giving Tony Geary vibes.

by Anonymousreply 13August 26, 2024 9:31 PM

Give me more of that sexy Sonny.

I want that beast in me.

by Anonymousreply 14August 26, 2024 9:45 PM

Who on this earth would look at Shoe Polish Sonny and think, "Oh, he makes me soaking wet! Yumm!!!"

by Anonymousreply 15August 26, 2024 9:47 PM

R11 Thanks. Carlo Rota looks like someone that Maurice would eventually become jealous of, leading to his exit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 26, 2024 10:45 PM

R12 Frank never learns his lesson. He doubles down if anything.

by Anonymousreply 17August 26, 2024 10:48 PM

R13 Extremely 😁

by Anonymousreply 18August 26, 2024 10:48 PM

R15 🤣

by Anonymousreply 19August 26, 2024 10:49 PM

r13

JJ did say that Lucky is turning into Luke

by Anonymousreply 20August 26, 2024 11:13 PM

Carlo Rota's kinda hot.

by Anonymousreply 21August 26, 2024 11:19 PM

So, is this a GH reset or is it just a sinking ship?

by Anonymousreply 22August 26, 2024 11:20 PM

R21 I concur

by Anonymousreply 23August 26, 2024 11:39 PM

R22 Reset. Supposedly.

by Anonymousreply 24August 26, 2024 11:40 PM

That violin music is not appealing.

by Anonymousreply 25August 26, 2024 11:43 PM

Show barely used Gio under Mulcahey's tenure.

Show seems even less interested in Gio now that Chris Van Etten is in charge.

So, when will Giovanni get his walking papers? Before or after the November sweeps?

by Anonymousreply 26August 27, 2024 12:00 AM

Waste of money to have Giolin on contract. Whatever entry level salary he is making it could be used towards a big-name Nik recast or a Dillon recast.

If they want to expand the teen/college scene then the viewers are more likely to become invested in a legacy character they watched grow up on screen such as Emma Drake. Why can't Anna have family on canvas? But annoying unnecessary Natalia is getting a son?

by Anonymousreply 27August 27, 2024 12:20 AM

Only purpose in keeping Natalia around now that they've written Blaze out is to let her be Sonny's next love interest.

But they're committed enough to Natalia to bring in a son for her.

by Anonymousreply 28August 27, 2024 12:23 AM

Kelly Monaco axed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29August 27, 2024 12:58 AM

I'm so sad to hear that.

by Anonymousreply 30August 27, 2024 1:06 AM

Gio is safe as long as he keeps busting big loads over Frank’s face.

by Anonymousreply 31August 27, 2024 1:10 AM

Kate Mansi had Kelly fired.

by Anonymousreply 32August 27, 2024 1:19 AM

next headline? Lindsay Hartley IN as Sam McCall

by Anonymousreply 33August 27, 2024 1:24 AM

Apparently the character is being written off, so no Lindsay Hartley.

by Anonymousreply 34August 27, 2024 1:30 AM

Wise decision. Get rid of a waste of space character and save some money for the Lulu recast.

by Anonymousreply 35August 27, 2024 1:37 AM

Cue the whiners complaining that Kelly was fired to pay for Jonathan.

by Anonymousreply 36August 27, 2024 1:44 AM

I've warmed up to Kelly Monaco in the past couple of years. Pairing her with Dante was a wise choice. They were one of the few stable and relatable couples. But I guess they want a triangle with Dante and Lulu and ...? And Alexis has two viable daughters, so...? She was expendable. She does speak awfully low...

by Anonymousreply 37August 27, 2024 1:48 AM

Let's see. Sam dies and her liver saves Lulu?

by Anonymousreply 38August 27, 2024 1:53 AM

Like that hag wouldn't have hep A, B and C?

by Anonymousreply 39August 27, 2024 2:48 AM

I'm shocked, I thought for sure KeMo had some kind of dirt on ABC that kept her employed despite her low energy acting and mumbling.

by Anonymousreply 40August 27, 2024 3:15 AM

Natalia has a big retcon story coming up.

As for Kelly, this should’ve happened years ago. She’s been a mess bts for years. However, this time around she rejected a cut to her guarantee and Frank gave her the boot. He’s killing Sam off because he’s petty and vindictive.

by Anonymousreply 41August 27, 2024 3:58 AM

Kelly Monaco IN as NUTaylor on B&B

by Anonymousreply 42August 27, 2024 4:06 AM

R41 I figured this has to go back as far as the stuff with Billy M.

by Anonymousreply 43August 27, 2024 4:08 AM

Yes, her ass should have been fired during the Billy debacle when she was an inaudible, unintelligible zombie sleepwalker.

by Anonymousreply 44August 27, 2024 4:14 AM

What is Natalia's retcon? She's a lesbian? Someone dear to her was killed for being gay thus she was scared for her daughter? What is the nonsensical redemption? Why is she necessary?

by Anonymousreply 45August 27, 2024 4:17 AM

I have a feeling the big push behind Saint Maria of the Pushup Bra is a network thing, not a Frank thing.

by Anonymousreply 46August 27, 2024 4:20 AM

Killing off an actress with 21 years on the show that is already creating backlash from the viewers actually makes it easier for FV to get rid of any other actors/actress he wants to get rid of. He can claim it's not personal, we got rid of Kelly and she was here 21 years!

by Anonymousreply 47August 27, 2024 4:28 AM

Twitter seems to be implying that Kelly is only the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 48August 27, 2024 4:51 AM

Anyone know if this Carmina Monaco confirming she isn't leaving of her own accord is really Kelly's mom?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49August 27, 2024 4:55 AM

Funniest comment I've read so far is that GH should get rid of Chase's "Amish wife" instead.🤣

Amanda Setton is indeed holding the show and her storyline hostage with her personal agenda and should be sacked. I hope getting rid of KeMo makes it easier to get rid of AS. Poor Swickard stuck in the snoozefest marriage storyline.

Can Sam give BurqaLynnQuarteramaine a ride somewhere and they both die in a car accident?

by Anonymousreply 50August 27, 2024 5:53 AM

R49 Carmina Monaco is Kelly's mom. In the previous thread I and others I believe mentioned that Kelly was miserable at GH, she probably wouldn't resign when her contract was up next Fall, how Frank wanted Linsday Hartley permanently in the role, that she wasn't getting along with Nancy Lee Grahn, etc. Rumors started picking up steam about a week or so ago that she was out, in the form of a network decision, for they spared Becky Herbst and Maura West, who were both on the chopping block this year. There wasn't concrete proof that Kelly was out and a handful here don't like rumors, so it wasn't posted.

Stephanie Gatschet apparently declined the offer to portray Lulu, yet there's another one possibly lined up, according to a new rumor. Not any confirmation of this, for this could be a smokescreen to keep everything under wraps in regards to hiring Stephanie Gatschet.

by Anonymousreply 51August 27, 2024 6:39 AM

R48 It is, supposedly, but they're rumored for right now. The network is apparently fed up.

by Anonymousreply 52August 27, 2024 6:48 AM

R41 Heard that too about Natalia's redemption arc, including her sister and son coming on board.

That's exactly what happened with Michelle Stafford; Frank passive-aggressively tried to get her out with Willow's cult storyline, then when it came time for Michelle to resign, she asked for a pay raise when Frank asked her to take a pay cut, resulting in a screaming match. Josh Griffith then called her about returning to Y&R not too long after, though I sometimes wonder if Michelle actually contacted Josh, or if she leaked to the soap press that she was considering leaving.

by Anonymousreply 53August 27, 2024 6:56 AM

R42 Aesthetically, Monaco matches Hunter Typo and Krista Allen better than Rebecca Budig. It also would be tongue-in-cheek since both Ridge and Brooke were in Monaco, I believe. No doubt another soap will show interest, if she chooses to go to one.

by Anonymousreply 54August 27, 2024 7:00 AM

R50 Amanda Setton is apparently more of a Frank favorite than the networks, so she can be fired but they'd have to ensure she won't try to sue them for religious purposes, citing that as a reason for firing.

by Anonymousreply 55August 27, 2024 7:05 AM

I get AS holds the religious card but hopefully with shock firings like Monaco of 21 years that can work to the network's advantage in getting rid of AS. I hope they lowball her during contract negotiations and she walks on her own. Or maybe put her on recurring since she's useless on a soap and her clothes are an eyesore.

by Anonymousreply 56August 27, 2024 12:14 PM

Weren't there stories of Kristen Storms and Kelly Monaco being very close and "partying" way too much and they had to be separated to keep them both sober?

by Anonymousreply 57August 27, 2024 12:59 PM

R51, Frank has a “no temps to permanent” rule. LH was never up for the role full time. And Kelly has been miserable for years but had every intention of signing on again. Herbst was never on the chopping block but West was.

Kelly was fine with the paycut - mostly everyone was asked to take one - but wasn’t okay with her guarantee being slashed. This is all to pay for everything they offered JJ, who got the red carpet treatment.

by Anonymousreply 58August 27, 2024 1:23 PM

“Monsters” teaser with NAC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59August 27, 2024 1:26 PM

Is NAC still an egotistical prick???

by Anonymousreply 60August 27, 2024 1:31 PM

R56 Oh I see exactly what you're saying, fire Amanda under the guise of budget cuts while they're firing everyone else this round. Therefore, she might not have a case.

by Anonymousreply 61August 27, 2024 1:53 PM

R57 That's true. Ironically, Kirsten cleaned up her act before Kelly; there's even footage of Kelly showing up drunk to the Daytime Emmy's, visibly inebriated while presenting with Michelle Stafford and someone else (it might've been Michael Easton or Jason Thompson). She was also arrested for public intoxication after attending an event sponsored by Jenny McCarthy awhile back.

by Anonymousreply 62August 27, 2024 1:56 PM

R58 I'm fully aware of Frank's no temp as permanent rule. Frank didn't want Lindsay Hartley as a temp; he wanted to permanently replace Kelly Monaco with her. Both the network and Lindsay Hartley disagreed with that decision.

Also, Rebecca Herbst was indeed on the chopping block, this was earlier this year, it was right around the time Patrick Mulcahey joined and Elizabeth Korte rewrote Jason's return story, swapping out Liz for Willow and barely including Liz in the story at all, while Chris Van Etten had Liz as an integral part of the story. Korte also cut out Aiden's coming out story, with her buddies Frank and Nathan's approval.

More than likely Kelly would've re-signed next year, ideally. However, every actress except Finola Hughes and Laura Wright were asked to take a pay cut, so who's to say Kelly wouldn't have had an offer from a competing soap? She probably would've tried to play hardball only to have her pay cut anymore, including minimums.

I'll agree that a lot of this is for Jonathan Jackson's benefit and that in this instance, it came down to Maura and Kelly on the chopping block, with Frank going to bat for Maura. However, they still want to make room for more while getting rid of others.

by Anonymousreply 63August 27, 2024 2:07 PM

I just don't see another soap being interested in a low energy mumbling actress who has been on autopilot and phoning it in for years.

by Anonymousreply 64August 27, 2024 2:12 PM

I was JUST typing the same thing as R64 . Ridiculous. Maybe she and Ari Zucker-Christian can start a podcast.

by Anonymousreply 65August 27, 2024 2:14 PM

For those of you who aren't really into the rumor mill, here's a timeline of events:

The network wanted Maura West out, to make room in the budget. Letting JPS go in favor of Maura wasn't good enough (even though JPS was recurring, he was a top earner).

Frank stepped up for Maura, possibly throwing Kelly Monaco under the bus.

Last Thursday, Frank fired Kelly, informing her that Sam would be killed off.

In about six weeks, Kelly's contract cycle is up. She had another year on her contract.

Kelly and/or her mom Carmina apparently leaked the story to the soap press. ABC wasn't ready to make the announcement, even though rumors were running rampant that she was being fired. The Monaco's are being accused of trying to drum up sympathy from the fans, hopefully in an effort to have the network reverse the decision, similarly to how Becky Herbst firing was reversed, circa 2011.

by Anonymousreply 66August 27, 2024 2:18 PM

R64 R65 Probably for her name only, to get eyeballs onto their soap? Seems that would be a reason for I agree she hasn't exactly been the best in over a decade.

by Anonymousreply 67August 27, 2024 2:21 PM

Becky didn't/doesn't have the bts problems that party girl Kelly has had. Becky has been drama free as far as I know.

I don't think a fan campaign to keep Kelly is going to work since she's been troublesome and really should have been fired for her stunts during the BM years.

by Anonymousreply 68August 27, 2024 2:25 PM

R63, LH was never in the running to permanently replace KM. And I stand by what I said about BH. Willow in Jason’s story had nothing to do with BH being on the chopping block.

And you’re also someone repeatedly posting the SG as Lulu recast when that rumor was started by a troll on DD. It’s never been true so there was nothing for her to turn down.

by Anonymousreply 69August 27, 2024 2:29 PM

Petty Frank never forgave his former bestie Kelly for taking sides when Billy Miller fell out with Frank. As mentioned here plenty of times, Frank can be very vindictive.

by Anonymousreply 70August 27, 2024 2:30 PM

R68 Becky doesn't have a party girl mentality, that's not why they were going to fire her. They were trying to free up money for the budget, so they thought that getting rid of her would help in that aspect, but she was spared. This was earlier this year. Becky has always been extremely drama free.

by Anonymousreply 71August 27, 2024 2:32 PM

R69 Hell if you want we can do this for as long as you want. Frank wanted to permanently replace Kelly Monaco with Lindsay Hartley, yet he was shut down by the network. Lindsay Hartley also didn't want the role on a permanent basis, not at the expense of Kelly Monaco.

And I stand by what I said about Becky Herbst, she was under consideration to be fired earlier this year. Korte wanted her out and didn't want her involved in Jason's story, so Willow was inserted instead. Korte doesn't have the exact authority to fire anyone, yet she is close enough with both Frank and Nathan to get in their ear. The network ultimately chose not to fire Becky.

First off, I did reference Stephanie Gatschet as being in the running for Lulu, but I didn't get it from any "troll." If anyone is a troll, it seems to be you, because you're the exact same person who constantly feels a need to argue with me. Apparently everything's not going well enough for you where you feel a need to debate, but like I said if you want to do this then let's go.

by Anonymousreply 72August 27, 2024 2:41 PM

r71, I was referring to Becky's firing years ago that was reversed due to fan backlash and campaigns to keep her. I wasn't clear about which time Becky was on the chopping block I was talking about. 😊

Becky wasn't a problematic and I believe that worked in her favor when the decision to fire her years ago was reversed due to viewer backlash.

Kelly's firing won't be reversed despite fan campaigns to save her as she has been problematic. In my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 73August 27, 2024 3:00 PM

I thought Gatschet was a shoo in because of her relationship with Snaggletooth.

by Anonymousreply 74August 27, 2024 3:38 PM

R73 Right that was the main time she was on the chopping block, when she was actually fired in 2011. It had more to do with Frons wanting her out, not any budget cuts. Although, they subsequently gave Becky's contract to Siobhan actress Erin Chambers. Elizabeth wasn't going to be out for good; Rebecca Budig would've replaced her that fall since AMC was on the chopping block themselves (Becky's firing was slightly before the AMC/OLTL cancellation announcement). DOOL was rumored to have a role ready for Becky, as a character's sister.

Another time was back in 2016; Frank tried to low-ball her during contract her renewal, but they were able to iron everything out in the end. Becky stated that was the longest conversation she had with Frank in the whole 4 1/2 years they'd worked with each other. There was also another role in mind for her at DOOL, as Abigail since Kate Mansi decided to exit the role.

R74 Funny you should say that, she actually asked LW some years ago, somewhat jokingly, if she knew of any soaps that were possibly hiring, for she was interested in getting back in full-time.

Apparently, there's someone else who's thisclose to becoming the new Lulu.

by Anonymousreply 75August 27, 2024 4:02 PM

I thought NuLulu had already started filming? I was hoping she would be seen in September.

Does this mean the liver drama is going to drag on for over a month?

I believe Emme might have mentioned once or twice or a dozen times that she's available if needed...

by Anonymousreply 76August 27, 2024 4:20 PM

R76 That was mentioned but supposedly not yet. The show is currently on vacation this week and next week; filming resumes in two weeks. That's probably when new Lulu starts filming but they definitely have time to still insert her in scenes before the end of September.

Speculation is that Lulu gets Sam's liver after she's offed. LMAO Emme has definitely mentioned that.

by Anonymousreply 77August 27, 2024 4:30 PM

There's an active campaign currently to save Kelly's job.

by Anonymousreply 78August 27, 2024 4:34 PM

Billy Miller's mother Pat Miller is now involved:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79August 27, 2024 4:35 PM

^Pretty damning when the mother of a former and deceased cast member chimes into to confirm GH is a toxic workplace.

by Anonymousreply 80August 27, 2024 4:50 PM

If the choice was between getting rid of Maura West and her big salary or Kelly Monaco and her big salary then I say GH made the right choice.

MW is phenomenal and versatile. KM is neither and even with a pay cut was probably making way too much for her one note acting.

by Anonymousreply 81August 27, 2024 4:54 PM

OOOOH DAMN that post from Billy M's mom says volumes.

by Anonymousreply 82August 27, 2024 4:56 PM

Over 200 comments on the TVLine post about KM.

She's a talent free, raspy voiced whore who succeeded because she had a look. Let's not get too worked up about her leaving GH.

by Anonymousreply 83August 27, 2024 4:57 PM

[quote] Becky didn't/doesn't have the bts problems that party girl Kelly has had.

What's are "bts" problems?

by Anonymousreply 84August 27, 2024 4:58 PM

BTS = behind the scenes

by Anonymousreply 85August 27, 2024 5:00 PM

Ohhhh thank you R85.

by Anonymousreply 86August 27, 2024 5:04 PM

Agree with r83, raspy voice, talent free.

by Anonymousreply 87August 27, 2024 5:09 PM

One of you bitches has to be Wes Ramsey.

by Anonymousreply 88August 27, 2024 5:19 PM

I don't believe these stories about Frank Valentini, ATTALL! I hold him in the highest regard along with Mr. Paul Rauch and Jill Farren Phelps, who has my heart...

by Anonymousreply 89August 27, 2024 5:39 PM

I’ve never been a huge Sam fan - liked when she was a bad girl BUT I think this exit is confusing. Why not so many other irrelevant characters and big salaries? Nina! Natalia! I’m cool with keeping MW but to lose KM whose character has so many connections to the core cast makes little sense. Feels personal / BTS

by Anonymousreply 90August 27, 2024 5:43 PM

Drew can also go. Shouldn’t that free money up to keep the cast intact?

by Anonymousreply 91August 27, 2024 5:44 PM

Didn't Monaco famously fall down drunk, showing she wasn't wearing panties? They would have been stained anyway.

by Anonymousreply 92August 27, 2024 5:46 PM

If I was Wes Ramsey I'd sit in front of a mirror, oil up my big dick, and never leave the house.....

by Anonymousreply 93August 27, 2024 5:47 PM

Nice of Billy’s mother to step in but let’s not pretend he and Kelly were innocent during their time together on the show. They were assholes on that set.

by Anonymousreply 94August 27, 2024 5:55 PM

[quote]Why not so many other irrelevant characters and big salaries? Nina! Natalia!

Natalie can definitely go. She is completely unnecessary to the show. A redemption arc is a waste of airtime. If they're so determined to have Eva LaRue in the cast, then let her come to GH as Saint Maria of the Push Up Bra.

Nina is far from irrelevant. Still too much potential story for her as Willow's mother, Wiley and Amelia's grandmother. And don't forget Nell is out there someplace just waiting to come back from the dead.

by Anonymousreply 95August 27, 2024 6:04 PM

R95 They really should have had her come on as Maria. Work in the hospital, etc.

by Anonymousreply 96August 27, 2024 6:05 PM

Willow, Drew, and Nina are irrelevant- CW is great but I’m sure high paid money spent elsewhere. CM is useless - kill Drew and have Michael packing!

by Anonymousreply 97August 27, 2024 6:34 PM

I'd love to have been a fly on the wall when Frank asked Jane and Genie to take a pay cut.

by Anonymousreply 98August 27, 2024 6:48 PM

R98 Are either on contract? I can't imagine him asking either one, but they may have their own little deals separate from the general GH cast.

by Anonymousreply 99August 27, 2024 6:49 PM

r94, I agree Billy and Kelly weren't innocent either and should have been professional. We've all been in work situations where we've been treated unfairly yet had to continue to do our job well. At the same time, I think the "toxicity" at GH is longstanding and on-going rooted in the power of the unholy trinity.

by Anonymousreply 100August 27, 2024 6:55 PM

Fire Frank Valentini. It’s time. He keeps decimating the show. He can’t come cheap anymore after 20 years of being an EP. Fire him and save some money. There are surely cheaper EP’s who can manage a budget.

by Anonymousreply 101August 27, 2024 7:14 PM

[quote]So, is this a GH reset or is it just a sinking ship?

[quote][R22] Reset. Supposedly.

If Soap Digest were still around as a magazine, no doubt they interview Frank and do a cover story titled, "The Plan to Save GH."

by Anonymousreply 102August 27, 2024 8:22 PM

I thought Ken Corday owned that phrase. For a while Digest would alternate the Plan To Save DAYS covers with ones of old, overcooked bratwurst Eric Braeden.

by Anonymousreply 103August 27, 2024 9:57 PM

Frank should probably rethink attending the Graceland event in October. Rabid fans are already planning what they are going to say to him about Kelly if he dare participate in a Q&A or even show his face. 🤣

by Anonymousreply 104August 27, 2024 10:59 PM

Billy and Kelly isolated themselves and thought they ran that set. Add in the return of Steve and they amped it up, especially Kelly. She got away with shenanigans for years all while phoning in performances and slurring her way through dialogue.

by Anonymousreply 105August 27, 2024 11:49 PM

Given a choice between loosing Emmy winning actress Maura West or Dancing with the Stars winning actress Kelly Monaco, I'd have to vote Kelly off the island.

by Anonymousreply 106August 27, 2024 11:52 PM

In my opinion, Sam is overdue to take a powder.

So is Anna. Aging spy with no family on canvas? Writing on the wall…

by Anonymousreply 107August 27, 2024 11:54 PM

Dex's mom in his phone contact list today.

Who will she turn out to be?

Which OLTL actress texted FV looking for work?

by Anonymousreply 108August 28, 2024 12:11 AM

R108. It was supposed to be Ellen Holly.

by Anonymousreply 109August 28, 2024 12:19 AM

Please tell me it's not Blair.

by Anonymousreply 110August 28, 2024 12:22 AM

[quote] So is Anna. Aging spy with no family on canvas? Writing on the wall…

It's like saying BETELGEUSE. Stop now or we get that ugly fat thing back with her "potions"

by Anonymousreply 111August 28, 2024 12:23 AM

They really should give Anna some non-ancient family to interact with but I guess after the whole Peter debacle they aren't down with that idea.

If they could successfully recast Spencer with NAC certainly they can recast a more adult Emma. Even without slowly decaying lump of flesh Kim Mc to escort nuEmma onto the canvas.

by Anonymousreply 112August 28, 2024 1:01 AM

Fans are still in an uproar; Michele Val Jean apparently shared something in reference to GH's shenanigans as well. Maybe Monaco to The Gates?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113August 28, 2024 1:15 AM

Whether they were less than innocent or not when actors' moms call out a set for being a dysfunctional mess and pretty much co-signing rumors, that's quite something.

No matter the job, whether it is the soap set or cashier at 7-11, the dysfunction typically begins at the top and trickles down.

by Anonymousreply 114August 28, 2024 1:21 AM

Maybe Kelly can go to The Gates and play one of the Poors that works for the rich black family.

by Anonymousreply 115August 28, 2024 2:36 AM

Wish they had utilized Kelly’s strengths more - I liked when Sam was more of a bad girl. Having her be a sidelined mom talk to love interest was a waste!

by Anonymousreply 116August 28, 2024 2:44 AM

R116 Frank did that because he was pissed off at her for the past six/seven years

by Anonymousreply 117August 28, 2024 3:01 AM

Apparently there was bad blood between Kelly and her TV mom, Nancy Lee Grahn.

However, I've never understood what that animosity was about.

by Anonymousreply 118August 28, 2024 3:30 AM

[quote] However, I've never understood what that animosity was about.

I'll give you 3 hints.

(1) Nancy

(2) Lee

(3) Grahn

by Anonymousreply 119August 28, 2024 3:31 AM

Why did Carly have to be in the scene with Ric and Elizabeth today? And why are they trying to make a friendship between Carly and Elizabeth happen? Does no one remember their history?

by Anonymousreply 120August 28, 2024 3:36 AM

R93 = Laura Wright

by Anonymousreply 121August 28, 2024 3:50 AM

PLEASE save my job!!....PLEASE.........FYI----I don't believe she is 48 years old. No fucking way she isn't in her 50s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122August 28, 2024 5:13 AM

R120. Ric chained Carly up in Elizabeth's panic room to give her Carly's baby (ended up being Morgan.) That's the tie in they needed to link Ric to both women. They also tied in Josslyn not being able to donate to Lulu because she was supposedly given Jake's kidney...another connection between Liz and Carly.

by Anonymousreply 123August 28, 2024 6:34 AM

R119. FUCK OFF!

by Anonymousreply 124August 28, 2024 6:37 AM

Yet NLG keeps her job. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 125August 28, 2024 7:51 AM

Will KeMo revert to her zombie state of acting like she did during her BM protest phase? Thus, making any final scenes that are supposed to be sad just blah?

Or will she pull a Marcus Coloma and not show up for her final scenes?

If she does go the zombie route, will it occur to her that if she hadn't behaved in this manner a few years ago she might not be in the position she's in?

by Anonymousreply 126August 28, 2024 2:05 PM

What's with all the jewelry Evan Hofer is wearing? Is he part Italian?

I'm Italian and have never worn that much gold.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127August 28, 2024 2:34 PM

I’m going with KM will be sick for her lady scenes

by Anonymousreply 128August 28, 2024 2:59 PM

[quote]What's with all the jewelry Evan Hofer is wearing?

Not sure, but I would love to give him a “pearl necklace”.

by Anonymousreply 129August 28, 2024 5:10 PM

Interestingly, GH is going through budget cuts now. I wonder what percentage they had to cut and if Maurice, Laura, and Steve had to take pay cuts.

by Anonymousreply 130August 28, 2024 10:26 PM

I think Frank is cleaning house first before asking his "pets" to take cuts in pay. Kelly Monaco has 21 years worth of salary growth, 2 Emmy nominations while at ABC, and was a huge reason the first season of Dancing with the Stars was a success. Her being shown the door I'm sure is paying for all of Emma Samms and part of Jonathan Jackson's salary.

by Anonymousreply 131August 28, 2024 11:43 PM

I really love MW and her scenes today with the female agent that is assigned to her. It was pretty fun.

by Anonymousreply 132August 29, 2024 12:09 AM

Is lackluster Emma Samms staying?? Don't need or want her. I found her low energy and boring before her long COVID.

Amanda Setton needs her pay cut and guarantees lowered. Perhaps that will motivate her to leave of her own accord. Otherwise, FV needs to lump her in with a round of mass firings under the guise of storyline driven and/or budget cuts.

Without a wife, Chase then sends his annoying niece to live with Finn to wherever he has relocated to after rehab.

I guess we are stuck with Cody since he's all lovey dovey with Mac daddy now. Is newly anointed Chef Sasha really needed?

Still baffled by the need to redeem Heather. I can't stand to see or hear her.

by Anonymousreply 133August 29, 2024 12:15 AM

Is Kin Shriner completely out?! Very odd Scotty would give Heather's case to Ric Lansing.

by Anonymousreply 134August 29, 2024 12:49 AM

Unlikely that Emma S is on for the long term. She has long COVID and can only do short stints.

by Anonymousreply 135August 29, 2024 12:49 AM

The last two times Holly was on, it was for exactly a month's worth of shows.

Emma comes in and films that month's worth of shows over two weeks and goes back to England. She may get it all done in less time than that.

by Anonymousreply 136August 29, 2024 1:06 AM

Steve Burton does it for me! Hot hot hot. I’d unzip those jeans and go to town.

by Anonymousreply 137August 29, 2024 2:41 AM

Who are these bitches?

by Anonymousreply 138August 29, 2024 3:26 AM

R138. Shut it, Ruby. You old whore!

by Anonymousreply 139August 29, 2024 3:48 AM

R139 Look in a mirror lately, toots? Speaking of old whores......

by Anonymousreply 140August 29, 2024 3:59 AM

R140. TALBOT HUDDLESTON!!! I don't know what you're talking about! I modeled dresses for you at lunch!

by Anonymousreply 141August 29, 2024 4:07 AM

R120 I understand Carly will always hate Ric and deserves to say it but today was another argument to lower minimums. Carly and Joss were not needed today and I’m tired of see LW’s mug in damn near every segment.

by Anonymousreply 142August 29, 2024 11:17 AM

Loving all these references to past GH history in recent days. Feels good to have past history remembered so casually, just like in real life.

And its nice they're treating the audience with respect by not explaining every single reference. For example, they said Nikolas was already known to be a match for Lulu but never elaborated on exactly how they know he's a match. Again, that's how it would happen in real life.

by Anonymousreply 143August 29, 2024 8:28 PM

Mo's choppy stilted acting is annoying.

by Anonymousreply 144August 29, 2024 8:33 PM

R143. You're absolutely right. I even thought, okay, they are trying to pull in and keep newer viewers with info about the past. For soap operas, you NEED to know the connections and history in order to move forward.

by Anonymousreply 145August 29, 2024 8:34 PM

Do you think Mo is gonna drive his car off the road once he sees NAC’s face on all those Netflix billboards on Sunset?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146August 29, 2024 8:37 PM

[quote]Do you think Mo is gonna drive his car off the road once he sees NAC’s face on all those Netflix billboards on Sunset?

One can only hope.

by Anonymousreply 147August 29, 2024 8:43 PM

R146. Mo doesn't drive over the hill anymore.

by Anonymousreply 148August 29, 2024 8:43 PM

Maurice doesn't like NAC? What happened?

by Anonymousreply 149August 29, 2024 9:02 PM

R150 Maurice and Chad felt that NAC had a "disrespectful" attitude towards Maurice, after refusing to take Maurice's "advice" when it came to "mentoring" NAC, among other things, such as Maurice and Chad believing NAC was "full of himself," especially after NAC won his daytime Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 150August 29, 2024 9:08 PM

R149, that’s more of a running joke, I think, than anything else. But there are a few clues.

1.) NAC never “kissed the ring,” the way the show’s other actors do, by constantly praising Mo in the press. If you read NAC’s early interviews, he cites Genie as a mentor and praises Maura West, Jeff Kober, etc., instead.

2.) Mo once complained on his podcast about “the younger generation” being too confident and not taking advice.

3.) Mo often complains about staying in daytime too long and not fulfilling his potential as an actor. It can’t be fun when the actor playing his nephew gets a huge break 2 years in. Note that Maura, NLG, Shaughnessy, JPS, and Finola all publicly cheered NAC when he got the gig, but there was not a word from the typically vocal Mo.

by Anonymousreply 151August 29, 2024 9:11 PM

R150 was meant for R149 and I'm co-signing R151 as well.

by Anonymousreply 152August 29, 2024 9:19 PM

NAC is arrogant

by Anonymousreply 153August 29, 2024 9:39 PM

Per Errol at SON, the fan backlash resulting from Kelly Monaco's firing is making somewhat of an impact (ABC hasn't budged but apparently the reaction was unexpected in the eyes of the executives; they were hoping to announce her exit closer to the actual time frame, however Kelly and her mother Carmina "allegedly" leaked the story to the press, in an attempt to save her from being fired)

According to a new rumor, either Julie Marie Berman or a "big name" is desperately needed as Lulu, to direct attention away from the Monaco fiasco, which is also overshadowing Jonathan's return.

by Anonymousreply 154August 29, 2024 9:47 PM

I would think Kelly and her mother leaking it would make ABC even more resolute in their decision. They can't let those two believe they call the shots.

When celebrities lose their income sometimes that means their parents also lose a nice monthly check from their famous kid.

by Anonymousreply 155August 29, 2024 9:58 PM

Carly got called out for something? Is this Alt-Universe GH?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156August 29, 2024 10:02 PM

R155 It's also not of any benefit to Kelly that Carmina is liking negative tweets towards Frank.

The nice monthly check from a famous kid to their parents is hilarious 😆 but definitely true. Carmina referring to herself as "Kelly'sMom1" on her Twitter/X handle practically screams stipend (she's worked as a figure skating instructor but there's no doubt that Kelly funds her family)

by Anonymousreply 157August 29, 2024 10:09 PM

R156 😆 she did, but apparently it's part of Chris Van Etten and Elizabeth Korte's plan to remind viewers of the show's history while also rectifying certain instances; Carly being apologetic is a way for Korte to make her more sympathetic

by Anonymousreply 158August 29, 2024 10:12 PM

Jennifer Landon is supposedly in the running as new Lulu, according to the latest rumors.

by Anonymousreply 159August 29, 2024 10:20 PM

How old is Lulu? They seem to be focusing on actresses in the 40s.

by Anonymousreply 160August 29, 2024 10:26 PM

I hope it’s Julie as Lulu! Even if it’s short term.

by Anonymousreply 161August 29, 2024 10:30 PM

The solution is simple. Fire the cancer of the show - Frank Valentini.

by Anonymousreply 162August 29, 2024 10:32 PM

R160 Lulu is 36 after they aged her up from a birth year of 1994 to 1988

by Anonymousreply 163August 29, 2024 10:34 PM

R161 Julie would probably only want to do short-term but they want Lulu long-term

by Anonymousreply 164August 29, 2024 10:35 PM

R162 Carmina, many share your sentiments.

by Anonymousreply 165August 29, 2024 10:36 PM

Kate Mansi was EMBARRASSINGLY bad today. This chick has an Emmy?! She should go to a acting class instead of constantly posting on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 166August 30, 2024 12:45 AM

So many terrible actors/actresses have an undeserved Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 167August 30, 2024 12:56 AM

Another rumor floating around: a huge announcement is expected tomorrow. Guesses are a casting drop (Lulu possibly) or ABC has decided to reverse course and offer Monaco her job back.

by Anonymousreply 168August 30, 2024 1:42 AM

Chances are, if there is an announcement, it's about Lulu or someone else coming on, not Monaco being rehired, imho

by Anonymousreply 169August 30, 2024 1:45 AM

I can't imagine ABC will cave to KeMo's mommy and a bunch of nutcases screeching about how the show can't survive without a raspy voiced zombie who has been phoning it in more often than not the past six years.

If her alleged substance/alcohol problems were a contributing factor, I wonder if she will sue and claim they worked with KStorms through her problems and yet she was given the boot...

by Anonymousreply 170August 30, 2024 2:02 AM

R170 You're not into mincing words are you🤣 but I don't think that's the announcement either, if there is anything to announce. I was wondering if she'll try to sue for wrongful termination as well.

by Anonymousreply 171August 30, 2024 2:08 AM

On what basis? GH has lots of olds, she can't say age discrimination. It was the end of her storyline.

by Anonymousreply 172August 30, 2024 3:41 AM

I have a question for you GH fans: Are you kind of shocked that people are losing their minds about Kelly's firing? Was Sam really that much of a beloved character? I still remember when people trashed her for being a BrendaBot.

by Anonymousreply 173August 30, 2024 3:54 AM

R173...and not the last in a long line of BrendaBots, and definitely not the first.

by Anonymousreply 174August 30, 2024 4:56 AM

R173. I am kind of shocked by the outrage. Sam hasn't been a tent pole character for years. And the months of her being Mommie dearest with Danny were creepy and so out of character. I don't know where else she would go storyline wise.

On another note, why wasn't Cyrus or Martin mentioned to test for their liver and onions? They are blood relations. I'm glad The Queen of Jersey's Gas Stations wasn't a match. I'd rather die than have Caroline's blood in me.

by Anonymousreply 175August 30, 2024 5:01 AM

R173, as someone who stopped watching in the late ‘90s and took it up again in 2020 (thereby missing all of KeMo’s good years), I’m quite surprised at the outrage. To me, Sam has always been a very minor character played by one of the show’s least used, least compelling actors.

by Anonymousreply 176August 30, 2024 5:30 AM

R172 Substance abuse/depression could be her defense. Not saying she'd go that route anyway, but Kirsten Storms has protection on pretty identical grounds, therefore it came to mind that she could file based on those issues. It wasn't exactly the end of her storyline, that's what Frank and the network dictated. If she could prove Frank personally targeted her, that could be another reason, although Frank and the network apparently labeled her difficult to work with, according to certain rumors. I know many disagree, but I believe she'll end up on another soap, if she's unable to be reinstated at GH.

by Anonymousreply 177August 30, 2024 6:05 AM

R173 No I'm not surprised. Kelly's fan base is pretty huge, which the network underestimated, not too much different than Becky's, Nancy Lee's, Genie's, etc. This situation is bordering along the lines of Becky's firing and Genie's drop to recurring. Frank apparently doesn't care and wants her out, but the network is rumored to be paying attention. Kelly's firing was mutually agreed upon by the network and Frank; when they were about to fire MW, Frank stood up for her, so Monaco was placed in the line of fire instead.

by Anonymousreply 178August 30, 2024 6:19 AM

Not only is there a petition to save Kelly's job, there's this GoFund page, plans to make a huge billboard in Times Square, a truck parked in front of the studio when GH resumes taping the second week of September....the Monaco fans are spending money to show their appreciation of her.

by Anonymousreply 179August 30, 2024 6:26 AM

The only thing that will work is if the fans fly an airplane over the studio with a banner #SaveKelly. Oh wait.

by Anonymousreply 180August 30, 2024 8:26 AM

I don't think Kelly will end up on another soap unless there's a casting call for a low energy mumbler pushing 50.

But if another soap does scoop her up for the name recognition and temporary ratings boost, it will be short lived if the rumors of her drinking and/or substance abuse are true.

by Anonymousreply 181August 30, 2024 10:11 AM

It would be very soapy if Sam died tragically and her liver ended up saving Lulu with Dante then having the constant reminder that one love saved his other love.

However, if they are looking to redeem Cyrus and make keep Jeff Kober around, Cyrus should be the donor which would soften Laura and everyone towards him.

Perhaps Sam will get caught in the middle of a shootout between crazed Jagger and Sonny thus putting Dante at odds with his father for being responsible for Sam's death?

by Anonymousreply 182August 30, 2024 10:20 AM

Finally some shirtless Gio on IG. Put him in, Frank, he’s ready.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183August 30, 2024 12:12 PM

R180 That's probably a possibility too.

R181 B&B could've cast her as Taylor Hayes Forrester, had they waited awhile longer. That's true, personal problems could affect her employment status on another soap.

by Anonymousreply 184August 30, 2024 12:15 PM

R182 Supposedly that's what's planned; Lulu will have her liver after she's strangled to death, as part of a murder mystery where citizens of Port Charles are offed, but that might be fanfic.

by Anonymousreply 185August 30, 2024 12:19 PM

R183 Unless Frank wants to keep all those cookies in the jar for himself

by Anonymousreply 186August 30, 2024 12:21 PM

For those who watched Another World, rumors are Sam will get the "Frankie Frame" treatment

by Anonymousreply 187August 30, 2024 12:26 PM

Another question: Just how much are they paying Jonathan Jackson? Is he making primetime-ish money? If a 20-year actress has to be fired and others are taking pay cuts, he must have negotiated $15,000 an episode.

by Anonymousreply 188August 30, 2024 1:17 PM

[quote] For those who watched Another World, rumors are Sam will get the "Frankie Frame" treatment

KM is no Alice Barrett acting-wise, but she is (or used to be) pretty good in action scenes, so this could be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 189August 30, 2024 2:05 PM

I hadn't watched AW since Robin Strasser played Rachel! I would run home from school to catch the last 15 minutes of the show from 3:15 to 3:30. Can someone explain the Frankie Frame reference? Please and thank you.

by Anonymousreply 190August 30, 2024 2:46 PM

R190 Frankie Frame was a popular, somewhat comic character involved with one of the leading men (Cass).

It was shocking when the character met a grisly end, strangled by a serial killer.

by Anonymousreply 191August 30, 2024 2:59 PM

I loved Cass and Frankie so much. Stephen Schneider (Cass) continued to pop up in a lot of things and his son Ben is a good actor who works a lot. But I don’t think I ever saw Alice Barrett (Frankie) again…

by Anonymousreply 192August 30, 2024 3:04 PM

The donor of a liver doesn't have to be dead - it's the one organ where they can take a piece and it will regenerate.

But of course it's more dramatic if the donor dies.....

by Anonymousreply 193August 30, 2024 3:10 PM

If social media existed back when Frankie Frame or Maureen Bauer were killed, the tsunami of "outrage" would've likely caused the shows/networks to change course. Now, every whiner has a platform. KM has 8,100ish signatures on a change.org petition to save her job. IIR, GH only has about 5,000 viewers in the coveted 18-49 demo, and I'm guessing none of them give two shits about this firing. When your show hovers around 1.8-1.9 million viewers daily, 8k folks isn't much. And let's be honest, no one is going to stop watching their story because of Sam Fucking McCall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194August 30, 2024 3:40 PM

I wish I could start a petition to keep that raspy voiced no talent whore off the show.

by Anonymousreply 195August 30, 2024 3:49 PM

Are there currently emergency meetings going on between GH and ABC about how to solve this problem?

by Anonymousreply 196August 30, 2024 3:52 PM

R188 Jonathan is apparently making less than 10k per episode. Tony Geary made 87,500 a month/1.5 million a year at GH, up until the end of 2013, when he was asked to take a pay cut of half his salary, to 43,750 a month/750,000 a year, resulting with him threatening to quit. Kelly Monaco was earning 5,000 an episode recently before being asked to take a pay cut, which was supposedly reduced to around $4,000 per episode with less guarantees.

by Anonymousreply 197August 30, 2024 4:14 PM

R189 I'll admit that I didn't see much of Alice Barrett as Frankie, but I knew that Frankie and Cass were a huge couple. Didn't they try to rectify their mistake by having Alice Barrett return as another character?

Agreed, Kelly Monaco excels at action scenes. Although, what if she pulls a Marcus Coloma? Lindsay Hartley would have to film her final scenes.

by Anonymousreply 198August 30, 2024 4:21 PM

Ugh Stephen Schnetzer, not Schneider

by Anonymousreply 199August 30, 2024 4:22 PM

R190 It's always nice to hear stories about running home to watch soaps, well tv shows in general. I've heard stories about running home to watch Dark Shadows and other soaps as well, including GH.

by Anonymousreply 200August 30, 2024 4:23 PM

R192 Is Stephen's son Ben as attractive as his father was in his heyday? Asking for a friend 😁

by Anonymousreply 201August 30, 2024 4:29 PM

R194 Without a doubt, from what I've learned about both characters. Jill Farren Phelps, wasn't she responsible for offing both Maureen Bauer and Frankie Frame?

by Anonymousreply 202August 30, 2024 4:30 PM

R195 😁

by Anonymousreply 203August 30, 2024 4:31 PM

R201 You be the judge. He certainly has some of Daddy's features.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204August 30, 2024 4:37 PM

R196 Probably not, because the cast of GH took a two week break for Labor Day, with last Friday as their last day of work. Kelly Monaco was fired last Thursday, but ABC didn't want the details out until her final airdate was known. They most likely thought it would be a Michael Easton situation, where he was fired on April 1st, yet they didn't officially announce it until the summer (although it was leaked in the form of rumors). In this instance, someone, which many believe to be either Kelly or her mother Carmina, confirmed the firing, along with specific details regarding Sam's exit, to the press, days after her firing.

by Anonymousreply 205August 30, 2024 4:38 PM

R204 Not bad, he's pretty cute. Doesn't exactly have his dad's features, like his signature curly hair, for example, but there's somewhere of a resemblance. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 206August 30, 2024 4:42 PM

*there's somewhat of a resemblance at R206

by Anonymousreply 207August 30, 2024 4:43 PM

Yes R194 , Phelps was EP at AW and GL when the respective deaths of Frankie and Maureen occurred.

by Anonymousreply 208August 30, 2024 4:44 PM

R204 Actually he looks more like his dad than I initially thought at R206

by Anonymousreply 209August 30, 2024 4:56 PM

[Quote]It's always nice to hear stories about running home to watch soaps, well tv shows in general. I've heard stories about running home to watch Dark Shadows and other soaps as well, including GH.

I lived too far to run home. I had to fake sickness if I didn't want to miss an episode 😆

by Anonymousreply 210August 30, 2024 4:57 PM

R208 Not surprised. She couldn't stand women over 40, especially if they weren't manipulators.

by Anonymousreply 211August 30, 2024 4:58 PM

R210 I've heard similar stories in that regard too 😁

by Anonymousreply 212August 30, 2024 4:59 PM

Around the rumor mill:

Another actor (male) is out soon.

Kristina will have a mental breakdown, possibly with multiple personalities.

Blaze might be recast.

Are they pulling a Michelle Stafford, with an actress secretly taping as Lulu, surprising the audience?

Dex and Giovanni will both have to deal with family secrets.

Brook Lynn has skeletons in her closet that she's hiding from Chase.

by Anonymousreply 213August 30, 2024 5:49 PM

Also, today's episode will have a rumored shocking cliffhanger

by Anonymousreply 214August 30, 2024 5:50 PM

[quote] Brook Lynn has skeletons in her closet that she's hiding from Chase.

They aren't in her closet, they're in that big ass fucking raincoat she's wearing.

by Anonymousreply 215August 30, 2024 6:06 PM

Should read: GH only has about 5,000 viewers in the coveted 18-49 demo @ R194 .

by Anonymousreply 216August 30, 2024 6:06 PM

Shit. 50,000 viewers.

by Anonymousreply 217August 30, 2024 6:07 PM

Male actor out would be Adam Harrington?

Can't imagine what skeletons BLQ would have that could make her interesting.

by Anonymousreply 218August 30, 2024 6:12 PM

She's Giolin's mama.

by Anonymousreply 219August 30, 2024 6:17 PM

R173 - it’s mainly the Jason/Sam fans making noise. They’re expecting their Save Kelly campaign to have the same impact as the Rebecca Herbst campaign did back in 2011.

Problem is, they’re too busy insulting other actresses and tweeting vitriol to Frank’s intern on Twitter to actually organize something successful.

Go let Kelly stink up Y&R, Bold or Days.

by Anonymousreply 220August 30, 2024 6:38 PM

Kelly Monaco was always a Brian Frons pet. Once he was gone, Sam's place in the story was drastically reduced. I'm surprised she's lasted for 12 years of Frank's reign.

I thought Easton was fired to pay for Jonathan Jackson's return just like Roger Howarth was fired to pay for Steve Burton's return.

So, if Kelly Monaco was fired, her salary must be going to land someone else.

by Anonymousreply 221August 30, 2024 6:39 PM

R178, no campaign will watch what the BH fans created and organized. And this was before social media was as big as it is now and back when ABC Daytime actually had an active division. Who are they going to target? Varni?

by Anonymousreply 222August 30, 2024 6:40 PM

Kelly didn’t fight the paycut - she fought her episode guarantee being slashed along with it. She fucked around and found out. Frons is no longer around to go to bat for her.

by Anonymousreply 223August 30, 2024 6:42 PM

R215 😆

R218 Most likely, although it could be someone else along with him since he's too obvious.

Brook Lynn's possible time away from Port Charles? Besides this whole Dante/Lulu situation with Carly, anything else that she could be hiding happened off screen

by Anonymousreply 224August 30, 2024 6:54 PM

R219 That sounds like something Frank would do

by Anonymousreply 225August 30, 2024 6:55 PM

R221 Kelly had executives behind the scenes who kept her there, along with a good relationship with Frank (up until the second half of 2017 until now is when things turned sour)

Right, Roger Howarth was traded for Steve Burton, Michael Easton was traded for Jonathan Jackson. Kelly Monaco is probably being traded for a female.

by Anonymousreply 226August 30, 2024 6:58 PM

R222 Of course it's not going to match Becky's campaign. I'm saying it's bordering along the lines of attention it's garnering, similar to when Genie's contract was downgraded to recurring, though that didn't exactly match Becky's campaign either. Less viewership and less engagement between 2011 and now.

by Anonymousreply 227August 30, 2024 7:00 PM

R223 No one's saying Kelly fought the pay cut. All the actresses took a pay cut this last round, except Laura Wright. Finola even agreed to take one, even though she was practically exempt along with Wright.

by Anonymousreply 228August 30, 2024 7:02 PM

[quote]Kelly had executives behind the scenes who kept her there, along with a good relationship with Frank.

So, was Kelly giving out blow jobs and fucks to keep those executives behind the scenes in her corner?

by Anonymousreply 229August 30, 2024 7:04 PM

R229 Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do 😆😉 would you blame her, if so?

by Anonymousreply 230August 30, 2024 7:13 PM

So, when Rosemary's Baby asked "Uncle Chhtase" and "Aunt Bwooke Lynn" about their future babies, is that a bread crumb to Giolin? I hope not. The cover model for Dress Barn hasn't given one inkling that she and Giolin are related that way.

by Anonymousreply 231August 30, 2024 7:49 PM

Town bicycle BLQ gets knocked up, and Lois arranges a discreet adoption that stays in the family.

by Anonymousreply 232August 30, 2024 8:04 PM

R232. Are the blouses made of silk draperies her way of mourning?

by Anonymousreply 233August 30, 2024 8:11 PM

Giolin is Brooklyn/Dante's spawn? Did they fuck?

by Anonymousreply 234August 30, 2024 8:12 PM

r214

what was the cliffhanger?

by Anonymousreply 235August 30, 2024 8:43 PM

Instead of getting rid of the twink dud, they’re making him the spawn of Dante and BLQ in yet another retcon when it’s been said on the show the two never slept together. How old was BLQ when she gave birth? 13? This is Sonny and Olivia all over again.

by Anonymousreply 236August 30, 2024 8:51 PM

[quote] Kelly didn’t fight the paycut - she fought her episode guarantee being slashed along with it.

She got Martha Byrned.

by Anonymousreply 237August 30, 2024 8:53 PM

R235 Someone shot (twice) was the main one; also a kiss along with a possible relation between a character and a family from OLTL. Some might not have watched yet, that's why there isn't any naming of names 😃

by Anonymousreply 238August 30, 2024 9:09 PM

R234 At that time no, well actually never but as R236 referenced, they can retcon it to say that they actually had sex. Brook Lynn was about 19 when that happened, however she's only 34 now so if they go this route, she would've had a teen pregnancy. Either that or they'd have to age her to 40, which is probably unlikely.

by Anonymousreply 239August 30, 2024 9:16 PM

Gio is supposed to be about 22

by Anonymousreply 240August 30, 2024 9:20 PM

I just started watching this week to see Rick Hearst, and already I'm pissed that Maurice's ego means... what happened today. Blechhh. Can't believe this is still going on - for 30 fucking years! I'm also 'treated' to fundie Trumper Nashville boy Steve Boorton's return --vax refusal all forgiven... so where's Ingo? oh wait, he's not a golden, and anyway, that rightwing Aussie nutjob can just stay away - Hawaii or whatever, probably selling cars - wait, checked Insta and he's appealing his case against Disney for firing him... and he's posting fascist shit like this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241August 30, 2024 9:27 PM

R240 Right. They'd have to age Brook Lynn since she's supposed to be about 34, if they choose this option.

by Anonymousreply 242August 30, 2024 9:30 PM

Ingo burned many bridges acting like a lunatic on social media and Fox News.

Burton kept his mouth shut which allowed him to get hired at Days and then another round at GH.

by Anonymousreply 243August 30, 2024 9:31 PM

R241 Onscreen or offscreen it's always the same ones who come out on top.

by Anonymousreply 244August 30, 2024 9:34 PM

Who is related to a character from OLTL?

Isaiah?

Dex?

by Anonymousreply 245August 30, 2024 9:46 PM

R245 Isaiah. They revealed his last name is Gannon; could be connected to Hank and RJ

by Anonymousreply 246August 30, 2024 9:52 PM

Apparently this is the reset now taking place, returning GH to the early-mid 2000's, Guza without actually rehiring Guza

by Anonymousreply 247August 30, 2024 9:57 PM

Please I’d take Guza era over this crap!

by Anonymousreply 248August 31, 2024 1:35 AM

Isaiah should be Tommy Hardy, Liz’s cousin

by Anonymousreply 249August 31, 2024 1:46 AM

Didn't Guza hate NLG?

by Anonymousreply 250August 31, 2024 3:48 AM

R250 Well, he had eyes and ears.....

by Anonymousreply 251August 31, 2024 3:50 AM

New rumor: DOOL wants to offer Kelly Monaco the role of Nicole Walker (apparently resembling Arianne Zucker-Christian isn't a requirement)

by Anonymousreply 252August 31, 2024 5:28 AM

If not Nicole Walker, then another role for her at DOOL is apparently on the table.

by Anonymousreply 253August 31, 2024 5:40 AM

R248 😆

by Anonymousreply 254August 31, 2024 5:41 AM

R249 Agreed

by Anonymousreply 255August 31, 2024 5:42 AM

R250 With a passion lol

R251 😆

by Anonymousreply 256August 31, 2024 5:44 AM

Even if Brook Lynn doesn't turn out to be Giovanni's mother, either Dante or Sonny will be the father, with his mother possibly still related to the Cerullo's, according to another rumor.

by Anonymousreply 257August 31, 2024 5:49 AM

Ahhhh. The Who Killed Ava has turned into the Who Killed [X] Storyline. And Jonathan Jackson looks rough...and smelly.

by Anonymousreply 258August 31, 2024 5:52 AM

Or Giovanni is Brenda's son, which Lois and maybe even Jason are aware of, with either Sonny or Dante. When Brenda returned in 2010, Dante was supposed to be the father of her son, Alec; that's what Guza wanted, but that's not what Maurice wanted. Race car driver Aleksander was named as Alec's biological father instead.

by Anonymousreply 259August 31, 2024 5:58 AM

R258 That's exactly what happened; last minute rewrite switcheroo.

by Anonymousreply 260August 31, 2024 5:59 AM

R260. R259. I love you both!

by Anonymousreply 261August 31, 2024 6:03 AM

When Lulu awakens out of her comatose state, she's supposedly going to be vindictive (similar to Michelle Stafford's Nina with the whole Silas/Sam storyline; before Kelly's firing, it was a rumored redo)

by Anonymousreply 262August 31, 2024 6:07 AM

R261 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 263August 31, 2024 6:09 AM

R262 Which would be another rewrite...Lulu was happy with Dustin when Cyrus blew them up. I think they should hire Carol Burnett as Lulu...she's good at coma recovery...see "Palm Royale."

by Anonymousreply 264August 31, 2024 6:11 AM

R264 Right but for some reason they're resetting everything to the early-mid 2000's, more emphasis on Lulu as Julie Marie Berman is apparently the focus, when she was somewhat reminiscent of Carly. Emme Rylan's perky version, who was happily getting over Dante and moving on with Dustin, is seemingly not the story.

by Anonymousreply 265August 31, 2024 6:28 AM

R264 Carol Burnett as Lulu, not bad, but what about Erika Slezak?

by Anonymousreply 266August 31, 2024 6:30 AM

R266. I have not received a telephone call yet. None ATTALL.

by Anonymousreply 267August 31, 2024 6:59 AM

Kelly on Days as Nicole works plus she’d be reunited with one of her best pairings - GV Eric.

by Anonymousreply 268August 31, 2024 9:39 AM

GH slipped slightly in the ratings last week, going from 1,992,000 for the week of August 12th-16th to 1,955,000 for the week of August 19th-23rd

by Anonymousreply 269August 31, 2024 10:34 AM

Was Nicole lethargic in every scene?

by Anonymousreply 270August 31, 2024 12:34 PM

R267 😆

by Anonymousreply 271August 31, 2024 12:40 PM

I wonder if the last straw for Kelly was that, in the entire time Dante was near death recently, her acting showed no emotion.

by Anonymousreply 272August 31, 2024 12:45 PM

R268 Kelly & Greg reigniting their onscreen chemistry is a good idea, but idk if she'd be right for Nicole; probably better suited to play Nicole's younger sister, Taylor Walker or possibly even Sarah Horton, if Lindsey isn't interested in staying around.

If only Laura Wright were fired instead and asked to join DOOL as Nicole. Not only does she share similar physical attributes to Arianne, they're also around the same age. It would also make room for a better actress to takeover as Carly and play her true to form.

by Anonymousreply 273August 31, 2024 12:48 PM

R274 😆 no. More like LW's Carly.

by Anonymousreply 274August 31, 2024 12:49 PM

R274 was meant for R270. Arianne is a better actress than LW, but the domineering traits are similar between Carly and Nicole.

by Anonymousreply 275August 31, 2024 12:51 PM

R272 She did seem checked out in those scenes. From what's been mentioned, she only stayed there for the paycheck, while going to work miserable for the most part (like many working people who can't stand their job) since they split up Sam and Drew in favor of Sam and Jason seven years ago. Although, she was happy to be free of Jason and Sam, while working with Dominic when Emme was fired, only to change her mind when Steve returned earlier this year, hinting that she'd be interested in a Jason and Sam reunion, while LW pushed for Carly and Jason. Apparently she felt that Sam and Dante weren't getting enough material and were being placed on the back burner, which they were because Frank doesn't like Kelly. What made matters worse was when the chatter began about a Lulu recast; she wasn't pretty receptive to that idea.

by Anonymousreply 276August 31, 2024 1:01 PM

Kelly was happy to work with Dominic, initially, until Sam and Dante weren't really given much of a storyline. Some fans preferred Dante with Liz over Sam, referencing the impact of Lulu waking up to her ex husband now involved with her once sister-in-law.

by Anonymousreply 277August 31, 2024 1:07 PM

Kelly could be Noelle Curtis(Sarah's sister who slept with REx). It would involve a retcon to make Noelle older but that wouldn't be too bad

by Anonymousreply 278August 31, 2024 1:09 PM

R278 Did Noelle ever visit Salem, or she slept with Rex off screen? Asking because that's a character I've never seen.

by Anonymousreply 279August 31, 2024 1:18 PM

Previews For Next Week:

Monday, September 2nd, 2024

Originally Aired Thursday, August 1st, 2024

Alexis is put on the spot.

Molly confides in Sam.

Brook Lynn makes a pitch to Blaze.

Sonny lashes out.

Kristina is on the warpath.

Trina gets an eyeful.

Tuesday, September 3rd, 2024

Ric and Elizabeth reconnect.

Sam opens up to Kristina.

Jason makes a discovery.

Willow makes excuses.

Chase investigates a crime.

Wednesday, September 4th, 2024

Holly Sutton returns.

Drew confides in Curtis.

Ava gets a surprising assist.

Kristina turns to Michael.

Sonny and Carly strategize.

Thursday, September 5th, 2024

Sonny is alarmed.

Alexis confers with Diane.

Nina is determined.

Trina advises Josslyn.

TJ has a heart-to-heart with Ric.

Friday, September 6th, 2024

Sonny gives Jason a critical task.

Lois is full of surprises.

Josslyn blasts Carly.

Anna issues a warning.

Elizabeth is dubious.

by Anonymousreply 280August 31, 2024 1:28 PM

r279

It all happened off screen... I don't think Noelle has been seen since a child

by Anonymousreply 281August 31, 2024 1:31 PM

Steve Burton is reportedly nixing a Carly/Jason coupling behind the scenes, which is another reason why they're full steam ahead on Carly and Brennan; LW noticed how many fans were requesting Carly/Brennan, then jumped on the bandwagon.

R143 Chris Van Etten is apparently the main one who's interested in exploring characters back stories, their history, especially with Brook Lynn and the situation involving Dante and Lulu. Korte likes to use revisionist history, especially when it comes to Carly, but this particular story is a little hard for Carly to wiggle herself out of, so she's getting called out, deservedly so.

by Anonymousreply 282August 31, 2024 1:52 PM

R281 Thanks

by Anonymousreply 283August 31, 2024 1:54 PM

If the intention all along was to kill Jagger off, they should have brought Antonio SoMAGA back, so we could have enjoyed watching him get taken out onscreen.

by Anonymousreply 284August 31, 2024 2:14 PM

[quote] I think they should hire Carol Burnett as Lulu...she's good at coma recovery...see "Palm Royale."

Hiring a much older actress as a replacement.....can you IMAGINE??

by Anonymousreply 285August 31, 2024 2:15 PM

The theory from soap Twitter seems to be that Dante and Brooklyn had a relationship, and she had Giolin before she showed up in Port Charles in 2004. That way, the math works.

There is no way they're giving Sonny another kid; it would be ridiculous now. If Brenda has another kid, it's from when she got knocked up from fucking Michael, the last time she was in town. They probably won't pursue that since it is Ron's story.

by Anonymousreply 286August 31, 2024 2:39 PM

[quote]Jonathan Jackson looks rough...and smelly.

That's his default look.

by Anonymousreply 287August 31, 2024 2:40 PM

R284 Jagger not staying around was decided upon recently, apparently

by Anonymousreply 288August 31, 2024 3:10 PM

R285 😆

by Anonymousreply 289August 31, 2024 3:11 PM

R290 It's leaning towards that theory, even though it would be a rewrite.

Brenda not having Michael's kid, or Dante's before Michael, was because Maurice balked at the idea of Brenda birthing Sonny's grandchild, believing that Sonny and Brenda's relationship would've been tainted. Vanessa was against Brenda having a child at all when Alec was revealed to be her son, but she didn't pull a Maurice and demand that they change the story. Vanessa, however, was more receptive to Brenda and Michael having sex, but a baby between them, given Vanessa and Laura's history together, would then make Carly the grandmother to Brenda's baby, something Laura probably would contest.

by Anonymousreply 290August 31, 2024 3:20 PM

Although somewhat cordial now, Vanessa and Laura didn't exactly work well together.

by Anonymousreply 291August 31, 2024 3:21 PM

R287 😆😆

by Anonymousreply 292August 31, 2024 3:22 PM

R290 was meant for R286

by Anonymousreply 293August 31, 2024 3:22 PM

[quote] she's strangled to death, as part of a murder mystery where citizens of Port Charles are offed

Really? How many times are they going to "think up" a random serial killer as a way to trim the cast. It's always a serial killer, if not a natural disaster. ABC might as well fire all the writers and use AI.

by Anonymousreply 294August 31, 2024 3:28 PM

R294 Pretty lazy writing but It's unconfirmed. If it helps any, the difference this time is that the killer is also supposedly a serial rapist who rapes Sam before strangling her to death

by Anonymousreply 295August 31, 2024 3:34 PM

That makes sense r288. Adam Harrington said early on that Jagger's back story as to what he had been doing all these years and his son was very interesting. Obviously they had long term plan for Jagger that changed. Wonder what happened.

by Anonymousreply 296August 31, 2024 3:34 PM

R296 Two theories are floating around. Maurice's breakdown was triggered by Patrick Mulcahey's writing for Sonny, in regards to being off his meds and the town pariah. Jagger constantly berating Sonny and Adam J. Harrington's growing popularity with fans (outside of lacking chemistry with his potential romantic partners) wasn't sitting well with Maurice, so Adam had to go. Then there's also MW's almost firing; instead of Jagger, Ava was supposed to be killed off, so it was a last minute rewrite.

by Anonymousreply 297August 31, 2024 3:41 PM

[quote] the difference this time is that the killer is also supposedly a serial rapist who rapes Sam before strangling her to death

I see. So they're bringing back the OG Franco then? LOL

by Anonymousreply 298August 31, 2024 3:45 PM

They should have made Jagger gay and Antonio would have really freaked out

by Anonymousreply 299August 31, 2024 3:45 PM

R298 James Franco said he'd be up to returning anytime 😆

by Anonymousreply 300August 31, 2024 3:47 PM

R299 Absolutely

by Anonymousreply 301August 31, 2024 3:48 PM

The lack of imagination among the writers and the repetition of old stories are stunning. When ABC wonders why the ratings are declining, perhaps they should look at the lack of originality and creativity in the writing. Why have many of the evening "soap-ish" shows been popular? Often, it's because the writers went out on a limb and introduced a concept or a storyline that made people sit up a notice. Soaps used to do that (e.g., Carla Benari/Clara Gray, Marty's rape) and they did it well. Nowadays, soaps are tame, repetitive, and out of touch with the current era. Personally, I can't stand the corniness (Willow telling Drew he's so great). How about making Cody bisexual? Or have boring Michael and Willow decide they want to be polyamorous? Suppose Robert had ED? And, for God's sake, let's give Sonny long COVID.

by Anonymousreply 302August 31, 2024 3:54 PM

[quote]Why have many of the evening "soap-ish" shows been popular? Often, it's because the writers went out on a limb and introduced a concept or a storyline that made people sit up a notice.

Legacy soap operas are treading water, trying their damnedest to keep the audience that they have. The people posting here and on most social media are not the people at home watching, but you get a better characterization of who they are based on the official Facebook groups. Current soap fans are pretty conservative and will only allow so much envelope-pushing.

Please don't take this as me saying that soaps shouldn't innovate; they should. When soaps were at their best, they took chances and were quite provocative. You don't think it was a big chance to make a mobster and his hitman the leads of a daytime soap opera?

The key difference between primetime/streaming and daytime soaps is that the audience will sit still for a 2/3 or even 13-episode story arc in primetime/streaming, but soap fans will complain when they don't get big revelations every day. Today's audience could never sit still for old-school soap operas, where the stories lasted years instead of weeks.

You see many folks posting YouTube clips of old episodes and scenes, pointing out good writing and good stories. What no one ever mentions is the months and months of story, exposition, recapping, and rehashing that lead up to that one key scene.

by Anonymousreply 303August 31, 2024 4:46 PM

What if Heather gets released from prison and Portia is the serial killer trying to frame Heather?

by Anonymousreply 304August 31, 2024 4:57 PM

I could see Drew as the serial killer. He seems creepy to me.

by Anonymousreply 305August 31, 2024 4:58 PM

Both Laura and Alexis have each killed more than three people, so making them the serial killer wouldn't be all that much a stretch. And that's not even considering morally upstanding psychopaths like Sonny and Jason. Hell, there's already a history of serial killers who've taken long residence in Port Charles: Franco, Heather, Ryan.

by Anonymousreply 306August 31, 2024 5:17 PM

How about a newly-conscious but brain damaged Lulu as the serial killer?

by Anonymousreply 307August 31, 2024 5:38 PM

Didn't we just have a serial killer storyline with the "hook killer"? That wasn't so long ago. Time for something fresh!

by Anonymousreply 308August 31, 2024 5:45 PM

It would be prudent of Charles Mesure to save half his paycheck. He's charismatic and the Snarly fans like the pairing. That won't sit well with egomaniac Mo. Charles thinks all his fawning over Snarly on X will save him, joke is on him, it won't if Mo is intimidated and wants him gone.

by Anonymousreply 309August 31, 2024 6:03 PM

Better planning would've had the surrogate and Jagger stories staggered more. Kristina, in her PTSD anger, continues to push Jagger, who just can't close the deal indicting Sonny, so Jagger loses it, rapes Kristina, Sonny (justifiably) kills him, and Kristina winds up pregnant, with a Sophie's choice about keeping a baby (she's desperate for) that's a product of a violent act from her father's enemy.

by Anonymousreply 310August 31, 2024 7:00 PM

Kelly at DAYS is a perfect match but as Nicole just seems kinda dumb, unless GV wants to go back full time. The Noelle Curtis idea is a good one.

She's also be great at either Bell soap. They love whispery low energy bitches. She could take over as Victoria on YR and no one would probably even notice.

by Anonymousreply 311August 31, 2024 7:14 PM

According to GV, it wasn’t his decision to leave (this time), so maybe if they did hire KM, they could get him back full-time.

The only way a new pairing could work is If Nicole (at the least, and possibly Jude) mysteriously dies in Paris, so he’ll be free.

by Anonymousreply 312August 31, 2024 7:47 PM

Then poor Eric will discover his true calling......being Xander's bitch bottom boy.

by Anonymousreply 313August 31, 2024 7:54 PM

The GH hall monitor is about to shoo y'all away for too much DAYS posting.

by Anonymousreply 314August 31, 2024 8:07 PM

This GH thread has been all over the place, for sure. DAYS, GL, everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 315August 31, 2024 8:08 PM

DOOL thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316August 31, 2024 8:10 PM

Jon Linstrom and John J. York having some lunch.

Jon was very passionate when John was ill, they must be very close after all these years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317September 1, 2024 1:16 AM

Jon Linstrom seems much happier since he dumped that crazy bitch Cady.

by Anonymousreply 318September 1, 2024 1:25 AM

So JJ's signing bonus was a new car and a shower in his dressing room. Just how bad did they want this guy?

by Anonymousreply 319September 1, 2024 1:36 AM

R319. He doesn't look like he is using the shower...

by Anonymousreply 320September 1, 2024 1:38 AM

R320 Right! He looks so dirty.

by Anonymousreply 321September 1, 2024 1:40 AM

Would suck both their cocks tbh

by Anonymousreply 322September 1, 2024 1:43 AM

I thought John J. York looked really good and cute in the recent outdoor park episodes.

What’s he eating in R317’s post, ribs?

by Anonymousreply 323September 1, 2024 2:12 AM

If you imagine the show without Monaco you lose nothing. There has never been any there there. Valentini has been dysfunctional for years and almost went beserk when OLTL was in the process of being canceled. One of his actors got nerved when hearing Nelson Branco's rumor mill re: cancellation, told me and I relayed it to another cast member who relayed to their agent who asked Frank whose response was wanting to find out who was gossiping. The actors were afraid of getting fired so I told them to say I started it. Frank called me to scold me. I was not his employee, so it made absolutely no sense to do so. OLTL was indeed canceled. Frank and Ron were transferred to GH where Carlivati made a mess. Frank has no business still working. Frank has no creative insight to revamp or save GH. The construct and his relationship to the show is practically anachronistic. It's not 1978.

by Anonymousreply 324September 1, 2024 2:16 AM

R324. Great insight! Are you still involved in the entertainment industry?

by Anonymousreply 325September 1, 2024 2:33 AM

retired but still writing

by Anonymousreply 326September 1, 2024 2:45 AM

R326. Wonderful!

by Anonymousreply 327September 1, 2024 2:46 AM

Nelson Branco. Haven't heard that name for a while.

I almost miss that shit stirring bitch!

by Anonymousreply 328September 1, 2024 4:15 AM

[quote]Frank and Ron were transferred to GH where Carlivati made a mess. Frank has no business still working.

Not quite what happened. Frank and Ron were transferred to GH where they saved it from cancellation.

GH was scheduled to cancelled with its final show to air in January 2013. Ron and Frank came aboard, brought back old faves, changed the tone of the show from a dark and violent one to a much more lighthearted one and brought back lapsed viewer. In the process, they created strong buzz about the show and ABC couldn't cancel it.

by Anonymousreply 329September 1, 2024 4:55 AM

I still laugh about Douggie Davidson allegedly choking him in a roomful of people and everyone stood around and laughed and no one came to ole Nellie’s aid. Nellie was a drunken mess!

by Anonymousreply 330September 1, 2024 7:43 AM

[quote]GH was scheduled to cancelled with its final show to air in January 2013. Ron and Frank came aboard, brought back old faves, changed the tone of the show from a dark and violent one to a much more lighthearted one and brought back lapsed viewer.

And how was Ron thanked for it? Frank stabbed him in the back, and a mob of actors demanded that he be fired. Oh, you gotta love that GH set.

by Anonymousreply 331September 1, 2024 2:29 PM

They might as well make Giolin BLQ's son and have her just play mom since the actress is useless in romantic pairings. Dress her like a Duggar and have her micromanaging her son's life and interfering in his relationships. A Jehovah's Witness needs to come knocking at the Q mansion door and have BLQ start participating in Bible studies, dressing modestly and foregoing Christmas and birthdays

Free up Swickard to be in a relationship with chemistry. He is being wasted with BLQ. Why haven't these rabid GH fans started a "Free Chase from the snoozefest relationship" campaign?

Send Violet to live with her father out of town ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 332September 1, 2024 2:49 PM

Jennifer Landon does resemble Genie but I would rather it be Stephanie Gatschet.

by Anonymousreply 333September 1, 2024 2:50 PM

Would Sutton consent to playing a character who had a child out of wedlock?

by Anonymousreply 334September 1, 2024 3:15 PM

[quote] In the process, they created strong buzz about the show and ABC couldn't cancel it.

Not incorrect, but a few other things were in play, as well.

The massively positive response to the 50th anniversary in 2013 meant they weren't going to be able to cancel it until at least another year had gone by. And in that window, ABC also realized that some of the reality TV they'd launched to fill the spaces of AMC/OLTL (like The Chew) generated abysmal ratings. So they stuck with what they had.

by Anonymousreply 335September 1, 2024 3:42 PM

ABC had nothing to replace GH. Valentini and Carlivati tried to turn it into mini nuOLTL. PROSPECT Park pushed back on their using OLTL characters What a mess for Howarth and Easton. Carlivati freaked when viewers guessed that Bill Eckert was evil Luke and rewrote the story with HUGE plot gaps you could drive a bus through. His firing was justified. The current remix effort is an attempt to save a sinking ship. "GENERAL Hospital has seen a major decline in viewership over the last few weeks, as fans questioned the show's future due to its lackluster episodes. The U.S. Sun can exclusively reveal that the long-running soap opera has lost viewers for recent episodes, and many have admitted they're completely tuned out. Jul 25, 2024" GH is blessed with *mostly* good actors who bring it. The writing is still done by committee and bereft of any real creativity. God forbid they keep their lgbt consistently on air. It actually needs to be cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 336September 1, 2024 3:50 PM

As long as Mo, Laura and Steve run the show, it will limp into its hospice days.

by Anonymousreply 337September 1, 2024 4:11 PM

Where are my posts?

by Anonymousreply 338September 1, 2024 4:49 PM

R338. I was wondering that myself, Huggy. I love reading your thoughts.

by Anonymousreply 339September 1, 2024 5:09 PM

WTH did Jennifer Landon do to her face?

by Anonymousreply 340September 1, 2024 6:24 PM

R282 - LW shot down the idea of a Carly/Brennan romance on Twitter a few weeks ago.

by Anonymousreply 341September 1, 2024 6:28 PM

LW doesn’t call the shots. If she thinks she does than it’s time to send her packing. Enough of the actors dictating stories. From Mo to chastity Brooklyn. NLG refusing Cassadine stories. Burton angry he dipped his toes in the water. It’s ridiculous! The inmates have taken over!!!

by Anonymousreply 342September 1, 2024 6:51 PM

I once went to an interview with a distinguished playwright. Someone in the audience asked her, if she ever gets input from the actors on the script or allow them to re-write their lines. "The actors!?" she exclaimed. "They're paid to speak what I write. They haven't a clue about writing."

by Anonymousreply 343September 1, 2024 7:07 PM

[quote] Pretty damning when the mother of a former and deceased cast member chimes into to confirm GH is a toxic workplace.

There's a reason people call it General Hostility. I must be a horrible place to work, but most people in the arts are just happy to have a job and will put up with it for far longer than they should.

by Anonymousreply 344September 1, 2024 7:07 PM

Fire Frank Valentini! He’s a cancer to GH.

by Anonymousreply 345September 1, 2024 8:21 PM

R317 Over 30 years of friendship between those two.

by Anonymousreply 346September 1, 2024 8:36 PM

R319 Badly. Nathan Varni is obsessed with bringing back lapsed viewers.

Do you think the shower installation was to ensure that Jonathan remembers to take one without any excuses? 😁

by Anonymousreply 347September 1, 2024 8:39 PM

R320 😁

by Anonymousreply 348September 1, 2024 8:40 PM

R322 Jon Lindstrom's and John J. York's? What about Jonathan's?

by Anonymousreply 349September 1, 2024 8:43 PM

R330 Really? Nelson was always involved in drama.

by Anonymousreply 350September 1, 2024 8:47 PM

Does Mo put shoe polish on his pubes too?

by Anonymousreply 351September 1, 2024 8:47 PM

Nelson Branco was a big shit stirrer.

No disrespect to the dead, and he had something interesting or relevant to say every so often, but more often than not it was all asskissing or gossip or some sort of pot stirring.

Or worse, yet, it was kissing certain asses. He really wanted Josh Morrow's dick in him for a while and would always talk about him and his endowment. Nothing much different than what Hinsey allegedly did to male actors, but Hinsey wasn't doing that in print, whereas Nellie was.

by Anonymousreply 352September 1, 2024 8:50 PM

R332 Even though this is where they're possibly going with it, as someone mentioned already, Brook Lynn hasn't shown any maternal instincts when it comes to Giolin. If anything, this is more of Chris Van Etten's idea, or given to him via Frank. Patrick Mulcahey apparently wanted to establish a connection between Giovanni and either Jason or Drew, probably Drew, since Jason was supposed to be Dex's father, until Steve Burton refused that idea.

by Anonymousreply 353September 1, 2024 8:52 PM

R333 Jennifer Landon isn't exactly well received when it comes to fan reaction; they're saying she's not attractive enough, her acting is spotty, she's too tall for Dominic, she's going to be blamed for Kelly Monaco's ouster. There's also many who prefer Stephanie Gatschet as well.

by Anonymousreply 354September 1, 2024 8:56 PM

R334 Excellent question. No offense but Amanda Setton shouldn't have been cast as Brook Lynn.

by Anonymousreply 355September 1, 2024 8:57 PM

R353. Thank you! BLQ has treated Giolin no better than an acquaintance from the street.

by Anonymousreply 356September 1, 2024 8:57 PM

R338 Frank is paying someone to delete your messages 😁

by Anonymousreply 357September 1, 2024 9:01 PM

R355. Do you think if Setton played BLQ more like her breakout character of Kim Andrews Buchanan on OLTL she would be more beloved? At least Kim had some sort of pizazz!

by Anonymousreply 358September 1, 2024 9:02 PM

R340 Jennifer Landon's plastic surgery is another thing that's bothering fans, saying that her seemingly "refreshed face" will be a distraction of she's Lulu. Julie Marie Berman is actually who they really want, but she doesn't want the job.

by Anonymousreply 359September 1, 2024 9:04 PM

Is it official? Is Michael Landon's spawn the new Lesley Lu Spencer?

by Anonymousreply 360September 1, 2024 9:06 PM

R341 That's because she still wants Carly with Jason,except that's not what Steve Burton wants. Carly and Brennan will be her only other option over a redo Carly and Sonny, which MB and LW do not want. SB thinks Carly and Jason are better off as buddies.

by Anonymousreply 361September 1, 2024 9:06 PM

Anna and Brennan is another possibility too; although Korte loves Anna, she's second place to her all time favorite, Carly.

by Anonymousreply 362September 1, 2024 9:08 PM

R342 Ron Carlivati, is that you posting? 😁

by Anonymousreply 363September 1, 2024 9:09 PM

R343 Good point.

R344 Very toxic.

by Anonymousreply 364September 1, 2024 9:10 PM

R352 Did he ever say how he knew Josh Morrow was well endowed? I've heard stories about Josh not exactly being faithful, so I guess it could've came from one of his "alleged" hookups.

by Anonymousreply 365September 1, 2024 9:12 PM

R351 Yuck 🤮 🤢

Honestly, Maurice prefers to let Sonny go all the way gray. TPTB won't let him.

by Anonymousreply 366September 1, 2024 9:13 PM

R365...and what was Michael Muhneys obsession with Nellie? I got strong fuck buddy vibes there. But then of course there was the Bianco / Jamey Giddens feud when they cohosted the Daytime Emmy pre-show and Nellie refused to sleep with that orca...

by Anonymousreply 367September 1, 2024 9:15 PM

R356 Acquaintance from the street is a great observation. Sometimes it's easy to forget that they're cousins, let alone mother/son.

by Anonymousreply 368September 1, 2024 9:16 PM

R366 - Well TPTB better reconsider because Mo is only a few days away from looking like Wayne Netwon

by Anonymousreply 369September 1, 2024 9:17 PM

R368 - Why can't you give me the respect I'm entitled to!? The respect I'd be given by any STRANGER on the STREET!!

by Anonymousreply 370September 1, 2024 9:18 PM

Marry me R370!

by Anonymousreply 371September 1, 2024 9:21 PM

R358 Absolutely. Although back then she didn't have qualms against portraying that particular type of character that she does now. From what has been mentioned, it's moreso her husband who's against her playing a vixenish character. I don't believe she was married when she was on OLTL.

by Anonymousreply 372September 1, 2024 9:23 PM

R372, thank you for your insight! Her husband is truly then ruining her career potential...and her figure.

by Anonymousreply 373September 1, 2024 9:28 PM

R360 Dear Emme, no it's not official yet. You'd be delighted to know that although Stephanie Gatschet was scheduled to have some sort of meeting with Frank, which supposedly included a two year contract offer, nothing came of it. Also, Julie Marie Berman refused their offer, now comes word that Jennifer Landon turned them down as well. Unless they come with a better offer, perhaps? It's interesting that the only one who seemingly wants the role happens to be you 😁 yet you're apparently the only one they don't want.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374September 1, 2024 9:28 PM

R374. Oh, thank God! I...I mean, that talented actress who use to play the role still has a chance!

by Anonymousreply 375September 1, 2024 9:31 PM

R367 Nelson seemed to have a crush on Michael Muhney, so he was flattered by all the attention from him, which led to their friendship. At least it seemed to be a crush from Nelson's perspective; probably not as big his obsession with Joshua Morrow. Fuckbuddy vibes 😁 I'm actually not sure, but to be honest with you, I wouldn't be surprised by that.

Jamey tried to give some of their Giddens goodies to Nelson? Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 376September 1, 2024 9:35 PM

R365 As much as I'd like to believe the reports of sizemeat re Josh (and see the photos) I doubt it was much more than Nellie's wishful thinking, and a way to promote Josh in the incestuous clusterfuck that was and is the Hans and Mel show at Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 377September 1, 2024 9:36 PM

R369 😆 Wayne Newton, that's a good one.

by Anonymousreply 378September 1, 2024 9:37 PM

R370 Giovanni, did you send that from Frank's office?

by Anonymousreply 379September 1, 2024 9:38 PM

If Mo is Wayne Newton then Laura is Theresa Caputo

by Anonymousreply 380September 1, 2024 9:38 PM

R373 You're welcome. Its really too bad because her version of Brook Lynn is dull, to say the least. She has Tracy as a grandmother, Ned and Lois as her parents, yet not an ounce of personality.

by Anonymousreply 381September 1, 2024 9:41 PM

R375 Sure, not Emme 😉 😆

by Anonymousreply 382September 1, 2024 9:42 PM

So, Giolin would make Tracy a GREAT Grandmother...poor Jane Elliot. Not to mention they'd have to reconfigure all those ELQ shares!

by Anonymousreply 383September 1, 2024 9:45 PM

R377 I see what you mean, as a way to catapult Josh to star status, since his acting leaves much to be desired. So you don't believe that Josh is well endowed?

by Anonymousreply 384September 1, 2024 9:47 PM

[quote]BLQ has treated Giolin no better than an acquaintance from the street.

If the story is headed in this direction, maybe she doesn't even know he's her kid.

As for Josh Morrow having a big cock, they used to talk about it on here when there used to be the running soap threads. Those threads had some serious dirt.

by Anonymousreply 385September 1, 2024 9:47 PM

R380 😆 again, that's another good one.

by Anonymousreply 386September 1, 2024 9:48 PM

R383 Oh right she would and with them already turning her into the shows matriarch, a great grandson would possibly solidify that status.

by Anonymousreply 387September 1, 2024 9:49 PM

R385 That's possible, she could've thought she lost her baby while Lois arranged for her cousin to secretly raise him as her own. Similar to Janet Jackson's secret daughter Renee being raised by her sister Reebie? 😂 kidding.

I've always heard that he was this big whore. Great guy, but very sexual. I remember when he wanted to have sex with Jill Marie Jones, Toni Childs from that old sitcom Girlfriends, about 15 or so years ago. I don't know if she knew that he wasn't exactly single.

by Anonymousreply 388September 1, 2024 9:54 PM

Josh Morrow is a nice guy, beautiful in his younger days, but all of his fucking has gotten him into some bad situations over the years. Tyler Christopher was a big slut too. Eden McCoy has fucked three of her co-stars and it didn't cause problems.

by Anonymousreply 389September 1, 2024 10:07 PM

R375 Correction Emme, Jennifer Landon hasn't officially turned down the offer; according to rumors she's still a possibility, still mulling things over.

by Anonymousreply 390September 1, 2024 10:09 PM

R389 Situations with his wife October "Tobe" Morrow? Didn't he have sex with some of his Y&R co-stars?

William Lipton, Evan Hofer, the third guy you're referring to, Nicholas Alexander Chavez?

by Anonymousreply 391September 1, 2024 10:14 PM

R391. Eden's third guy was David Lewis.

by Anonymousreply 392September 1, 2024 10:25 PM

Speaking of Y&R, newest rumors have Kelly Monaco heading over to Genoa City, instead of going to DOOL.

If anyone's unfamiliar with how Kelly landed on GH, as mentioned here by many, Brian Frons had the biggest crush on her and was obsessed with making her a household name. When Port Charles was cancelled, Kelly received offers from several soaps. Brian wanted to keep her in the ABC family; Kelly specifically asked him to give her a role on GH. The writers, particularly Bob Guza, weren't exactly happy since she was essentially forced upon them. Kelly originally asked to have Sonny as a love interest, because she had a crush on Maurice at the time. The audience wasn't receptive to Jax/Sam (which were supposed to be a huge couple) nor Sonny/Sam (Tamara Braun's Carly was insanely popular; Sam was seen as an interloper) so she was moved to Jason, which Frons was willing to ditch Jason/Courtney over (Courtney was another character Guza couldn't stand; Courtney and Sam, however, served a purpose since they were popular couplings for his beloved Jason)

by Anonymousreply 393September 1, 2024 10:30 PM

R392 🤣

by Anonymousreply 394September 1, 2024 10:31 PM

If the idiots at GH had an ounce of DAYS' originality, they would've killed Sam on Friday and had Monaco wake up as Lulu on Monday. Then all the (dozen or so) crybabies wouldn't be whining about saving their precious Kelly's job, and no budget adjustments would've had to be made. Bonus that Zamprogna and Monaco stay coupled onscreen.

by Anonymousreply 395September 1, 2024 10:48 PM

[quote] Eden's third guy was David Lewis.

Well, at least he wouldn't kiss and tell.

by Anonymousreply 396September 1, 2024 11:03 PM

R396. Lol!

by Anonymousreply 397September 1, 2024 11:04 PM

Nellie Branco’s contact at Y& R was that big fat ugly makeup artist George Guzman. He’d feed Nellie gossip and Nellie would print it in his pamphlet. I think Phelps fired that fat slob Guzman.

by Anonymousreply 398September 2, 2024 12:44 AM

by Anonymousreply 399September 2, 2024 1:59 AM

Laura Wrong

by Anonymousreply 400September 2, 2024 2:29 AM

R400 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

by Anonymousreply 401September 2, 2024 4:05 PM

Or Laura Reich

by Anonymousreply 402September 2, 2024 4:12 PM

R402 Lmao anything but Wright

by Anonymousreply 403September 2, 2024 6:12 PM

Maura West has a flat ass.

by Anonymousreply 404September 2, 2024 6:56 PM

I think Laura Wright is very pretty. Maura West is sex on a stick.

by Anonymousreply 405September 2, 2024 7:05 PM

Maura West reminds me of those old-school film noir femme fatales. If she hadn't gotten trapped with that husband who kept knocking her up, she might have had a decent career outside of daytime.

by Anonymousreply 406September 2, 2024 7:11 PM

Compared to the average white woman her age, then yes, Laura Wright is objectively pretty. But compared to other Hollywood actors in her age range.... eh. Not really a fan of her 1000 moles, big hair, mannish hands, Linda Evans' shoulders, or hips designed for birthing quadruplets. She's also not especially graceful for someone who's been in front of the camera for, what, 30 years? She stomps arounds the set and sometimes she even slouches.

by Anonymousreply 407September 2, 2024 7:23 PM

Laura Wright has the body of someone who's been doing a desk job for 30 years, and takes home the "Monthly Birthdays" leftovers.

by Anonymousreply 408September 2, 2024 7:36 PM

R398 Guzman was hair, not makeup. And he left when he was offered a job to do hair for the cable Showtime series "Masters of Sex" (which Sony was also one of the producers of).

by Anonymousreply 409September 2, 2024 7:57 PM

I don't find LW attractive. Beady eyes. Walks like a linebacker. Thunder thighs.

by Anonymousreply 410September 2, 2024 8:23 PM

R409 Hair and makeup are always the ones to go to for dirt. They know everything.

by Anonymousreply 411September 2, 2024 9:03 PM

Ugh, I hate it when I can't get links to work here. I don't know if my devices are possessed or if Muriel hates me.

Whatever the case, on X, the official @General Hospital account has a video by Gio and Evan promoting the Graceland Event and Gio does an imitation of Elvis singing, it's cute. Take a look.

by Anonymousreply 412September 2, 2024 9:29 PM

Adam Harrington.

He's been very gracious and funny on X regarding his exit.

Charles Mesure has gone out of his way to praise Adam on X and also said Adam is very funny but we didn't get to see that side of him. Mesure said they had a scene where Brennan came into the Metro Court after Carly and that Jagger was there and did a spit take when he saw them. He said they cut the scene but he wished they had kept it as Adam was funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413September 2, 2024 11:12 PM

Supposedly a male who has been on over 10 years is leaving soon. Who?

Robert Scorpio?

Kevin Collins?

TJ?

Also, a tragic death next week, seems too soon for Sam to die.

by Anonymousreply 414September 3, 2024 12:46 AM

So we were supposed to notice the pointed mention of doctor Gannon, right?

Is he Nora’s grandson? How did Rachel’s story end? Any other Gannon offspring out there?

by Anonymousreply 415September 3, 2024 12:57 AM

R415. Last we saw Rachel, she was a drug counselor who was trying to help Schuyler Joplin (aka Scott Clifton, aka Roxy's real son in a convoluted Ron Carlivati mess). She didnt have any kids at that time. Hank Gannon just disappeared off of the canvas. RJ disappeared too BUT he did have a dead daughter (Keri Reynolds) and a granddaughter Jamie Reynolds. Age wise, it wouldn't be a tall order for him to be RJs son. I think he is too old to be a child of Rachel's.

by Anonymousreply 416September 3, 2024 4:03 AM

R406 😁

R407 R408 😂 😂

by Anonymousreply 417September 3, 2024 8:59 AM

R410 😆

by Anonymousreply 418September 3, 2024 9:00 AM

R411 That's true. GH has had their share of ppl sharing behind the scenes secrets.

by Anonymousreply 419September 3, 2024 9:36 AM

R414 Out of those you referenced, TJ would seem the likeliest candidate; Robert probably wouldn't go over too well (not that Frank would necessarily care, but Nathan would) and Kevin is needed for Laura's sake. Especially with Isaiah now onboard; there's also a possibility of Molly and Dex. Spinelli could be a good guess but Steve Burton is primarily keeping him employed.

Other rumors:

Sonny and Carly possibly having a marriage of convenience, in an effort to stop them from testifying against each other (which is similar to something Guza did before)

Kelly Monaco is scheduled to film her final scenes when they return from their holiday break next week. Frank is pissed at Monaco for spilling her firing to the media before the network was ready to; he wants Lindsay Hartley to film Sam's final scenes. Kelly apparently told her mother and other close family members and friends, including some members of her fan club events; if Kelly didn't directly leak the story to the media herself, an individual she informed did, but it still falls back on Kelly.

Three different actresses in particular are in mind for Lulu; Jennifer Landon (ex-Gwen/Cleo ATWT; ex-Heather Y&R; ex-Hillary DOOL) Alexa Havins (ex-Babe, AMC) and another actress not named.

Ava's demise would've been a big who killed Ava murder mystery, with a long list of suspects, as many mentioned here. Ava being shot at the Quartermaine mansion was supposed to take place instead of Sonny shooting Jagger; MW's firing wasn't personal, they wanted to free up money in the budget (another rumor is they're trying to bring someone else back) but Frank went to the network to vouch for MW, while using that as an opportunity to throw Monaco under the bus, since they haven't been on good terms since the middle of 2017. The executives in place now aren't particularly close to Kelly, so they agreed.

by Anonymousreply 420September 3, 2024 10:05 AM

R415 Pretty sure they did that as a nod to the OLTL viewers watching GH, knowing they'd notice the connection and the direction their taking with Isaiah; doubt it'll be merely a coincidence that Isaiah shares a last name with the Gannon family.

R416 Agreed, think that he's RJ's son. Hank is a possibility too but it seems more likely to be RJ.

Scott Clifton was mentioned earlier in this thread, in regards to returning to GH; that's probably not going to happen under Frank. While Scott was at OLTL, the lease on his apartment was up. Scott asked Frank if he was being fired, for he didn't want to renew the lease if he was going to be out of a job. Frank assured Scott that he wasn't being fired. Scott renewed his lease; a month or so after, Frank fired Scott. Scott was pissed at Frank for lying to him.

by Anonymousreply 421September 3, 2024 10:15 AM

Evan Hofer needs a new agent. He needs to strike now while he still has his looks. Being demoted to cop is NOT good.

by Anonymousreply 422September 3, 2024 11:24 AM

Hofer needs an acting coach. He sucks.

by Anonymousreply 423September 3, 2024 12:12 PM

R423 So does Mark Wahlberg and many other white dudes with six-packs that make movies. What's your point?

by Anonymousreply 424September 3, 2024 12:31 PM

Laura Wrong and the Stuttering Don.

Sounds like a cheap B movie. Which it is.

by Anonymousreply 425September 3, 2024 12:52 PM

Now Alexa Havins (Babe, AMC) is in the Lulu recast rumors?

If Lulu hasn't even been cast yet, then it will be a while before we see her.

Unless it's all a ruse and NuLulu has already been filming...

by Anonymousreply 426September 3, 2024 2:28 PM

Where are these rumors coming from?

by Anonymousreply 427September 3, 2024 2:43 PM

The gossipy makeup artist at GH. Frank isn’t happy.

by Anonymousreply 428September 3, 2024 2:47 PM

R426 New Lulu is expected to start filming this month; the way Frank edits, she'll still be able to be seen by the end of this month.

Although, it could be a ruse to distract vloggers from revealing the true Lulu. Most seem to believe it's actually Jennifer Landon.

by Anonymousreply 429September 3, 2024 3:05 PM

I don’t think Frank gets that it’s not spoilers and advance casting getting out that tanks the ratings — it’s bad storytelling

by Anonymousreply 430September 3, 2024 3:09 PM

R427 Believe it or not, Frank sometimes drops fakes rumors to see if he can weed out the source. When R324 relayed the story of Frank going ballistic, searching for the source of the OLTL cancellation rumors, it was reminiscent of him going out of his way to shut down behind the scenes from being leaked.

R428 🤫 😁 right, Frank is not happy at all.

by Anonymousreply 431September 3, 2024 3:10 PM

R430 Absolutely. He thinks that surprising the audience I'm the manner of old fashioned soaps is the best way to keep viewers tuned in; finding out information beforehand is being blamed for viewers not having any incentive to watch the show.

by Anonymousreply 432September 3, 2024 3:14 PM

The show spent a fortune on resurrecting old faves, and it’s not moving the needle at all.

Only positive buzz I’ve heard for GH outside the fandom within the last couple of years has been related to either the 60th anniversar (largely a springboard for Luke and Laura nostalgia) or Sprina.

Love stories are the thing that get people to watch soaps. And yet this show is generally terrible at them. When it lucks onto a winner (ie, Sprina) it drops the ball.

by Anonymousreply 433September 3, 2024 3:28 PM

R433 Right. Anything related to Jonathan is now behind the Monaco dismissal, though had her firing not occurred, Jonathan's return would've eventually turned into other version of Steve's, or anyone else's for that matter. It's not enough to keep interest.

Do you think they should've recast Spencer? Or did whatever they could to keep NAC? Valentin/Anna were popular, yet the network preferred saving money for possible more returns instead of keeping JPS

by Anonymousreply 434September 3, 2024 3:57 PM

R434, I would’ve recast Spencer. Sprina’s popularity survived a Trina recast, it can survive a Spencer recast if done correctly.

by Anonymousreply 435September 3, 2024 4:19 PM

R435 Mark Teschner probably could've found a pretty good recast, without any interference from Frank.

by Anonymousreply 436September 3, 2024 4:44 PM

With all the money the show is saving by firing Kelly Monaco, surely they can afford to buy a bottle of shampoo for Jonathan Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 437September 3, 2024 5:28 PM

JJ is so mangy looking even when he's not being held in Drewfus' old prison cell.

by Anonymousreply 438September 3, 2024 6:37 PM

Greg Vaughn--for me--took Lucky from JJ.

by Anonymousreply 439September 3, 2024 7:11 PM

To me, JJ was Luke's son...GV was Laura's...Jacob Young was just a hot mess.

by Anonymousreply 440September 3, 2024 7:18 PM

Speaking of hot messes, Kristina's scenes at the gravesite had my eyes rolling out of my head and all the way down to the Llantano River.

by Anonymousreply 441September 3, 2024 7:34 PM

R441. Yes! My eyes rolled all the way to the abandoned well on the Wildwind Property, owned by Count Dimitri Marick

by Anonymousreply 442September 3, 2024 7:43 PM

R440 Emma Lutz sounds exactly like Tony Geary 🤔 interesting.

by Anonymousreply 443September 3, 2024 9:30 PM

R441 R442 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 444September 3, 2024 9:31 PM

R414 Many want Chad Duell fired and recast, btw

by Anonymousreply 445September 3, 2024 9:43 PM

Chad looked like absolute shit today.

Chase, on the other hand...

by Anonymousreply 446September 3, 2024 9:47 PM

Chad is so miscast in the role and is a very basic, one note actor.

Michael should be played by some with a strong, fiery presence and BDE. Not this insipid little twerp.

by Anonymousreply 447September 3, 2024 9:49 PM

*someone

by Anonymousreply 448September 3, 2024 9:50 PM

[quote]Michael should be played by some with a strong, fiery presence and BDE. Not this insipid little twerp.

But Chad is perfect in that he'll never upstage Maurice and will never display a fiery personality or BDE that could cause Maurice to freak out and worry someone being a better actor than he is.

by Anonymousreply 449September 3, 2024 10:29 PM

In other words, Chad is Maurice's little bitch.

by Anonymousreply 450September 3, 2024 10:29 PM

R446 Chase is too hot for Brook Lynn.

R447 Not exactly strong with a fiery presence, but KA's claims of him having a dick of death aren't enough to confirm BDE? 😁

by Anonymousreply 451September 3, 2024 10:30 PM

R449 Now that's an excellent point.

R450 😁

by Anonymousreply 452September 3, 2024 10:32 PM

Having a dick of death and having BDE are two different things.

Chad doesn't display the least bit of Big Dick Energy even though he is widely rumored to have a big dick.

Chad comes across, at least on screen, as having Tiny Dick Energy. Maybe even Micro Dick Energy.

by Anonymousreply 453September 3, 2024 10:34 PM

I think you all are blaming Chad for things out of his control.

by Anonymousreply 454September 3, 2024 10:36 PM

R453 It was just a joke lol someone who's well endowed doesn't always display that type of energy, correct.

by Anonymousreply 455September 3, 2024 10:38 PM

R454 Are you referring to Maurice controlling the writing for Michael for the longest

by Anonymousreply 456September 3, 2024 10:39 PM

[quote]will never display a fiery personality or BDE that could cause Maurice to freak out and worry someone being a better actor than he is.

Tell us about it! We know exactly what you mean.

by Anonymousreply 457September 3, 2024 11:01 PM

Chad was pretty good when he was able to embrace his Quatermaine roots and hated Sonny but Mo couldn't handle that

by Anonymousreply 458September 3, 2024 11:02 PM

R457 😂😂

R458 Right. Maurice's anxiety went into overdrive.

by Anonymousreply 459September 4, 2024 12:23 AM

R432, just as many spoilers are getting out now that got out back when Chris and Dan were writing the show and the ratings were higher then.

Almost immediately after Patrick and Elizabeth took over, the numbers started going down.

Jim Reilly used to say the ratings rise like a feather and drop like a lead weight. He was right.

It'll take them December -- at least -- to straighten all this out.

by Anonymousreply 460September 4, 2024 2:05 AM

Spoilers are not the problem. B&B seems to be the only soap that keeps things somewhat locked down. They won't fix what's really wrong with GH.

by Anonymousreply 461September 4, 2024 2:13 AM

no spoilers are NOT the problem.

Back in the 1990s, there were how many magazines? Digest, Weekly, Update, Magazine, Daytime TV, Soap Opera NOW! and the Internet was staring to really take off with the AOL chat rooms.

In 1997, Soaps In Depth and Soap Opera News came along, two digest-sized magazines.

EVERY magazine wanted DAYS on its cover because Reilly's stories were on FIRE. You couldn't NOT watch DAYS.

They can sit on every single spoiler that they want but that's not going to make people watch when the stories suck donkey ass.

by Anonymousreply 462September 4, 2024 2:23 AM

staring = starting

by Anonymousreply 463September 4, 2024 2:23 AM

Drew is a predator. He's playing on Willow's idiotic nature to get her in the sack. And is Carly living at the Q's now?

by Anonymousreply 464September 4, 2024 2:24 AM

R460 Were you viewing more under Chris & Dan than you are now? How did you feel about Patrick & Elizabeth? Rise like a feather but drop like a dead weight, that's an accurate assessment. Straighten it out by December, on terms of which direction they're trying to go? Do you see any changes now?

by Anonymousreply 465September 4, 2024 4:06 AM

R471 That's true about B&B. Rebecca Budig as Taylor Hayes Forrester, for example, was kept heavily under wraps

by Anonymousreply 466September 4, 2024 4:08 AM

R462 Aww, I remember practically all of those magazines. I remember that DOOL was always focused on as well. The main problem seems to be the writing; boring, repetitive, inconsistent, lacking direction seems to be some of the same observations fans are making when it comes to all the soaps

by Anonymousreply 467September 4, 2024 4:14 AM

R464 Willow not having a clear motivation to sleep with Drew is slightly jarring. If she would've caught Michael cheating, or assumed that he was, it would make more sense. I suppose being somewhat of a bored house wife for months on end is the reason, but it doesn't seem like enough. Or maybe explaining that she felt drawn to Drew because he helped by saving her life. Adding tension between Michael and Drew would've also been nice, with Willow finding herself siding with Drew. It's interesting that they decided to continue with it, seeing how it was Patrick Mulcahey's idea.

by Anonymousreply 468September 4, 2024 4:19 AM

I agree the show has not really shown enough of Willow being so mesmerized by Drew that she throws caution to the wind to sleep with him. Clearly Willow admires him, but show hasn't really played that up enough to make this totally convincing. A few fights with Michael would have helped sell the plot point.

But she is in for a lot of anguish when she learns her mother, Nina, is also sleeping with Drew.

by Anonymousreply 469September 4, 2024 4:25 AM

R469. It's like Marian/Tad/Liza but much more horrible

by Anonymousreply 470September 4, 2024 4:33 AM

Keeping Budig as Taylor a secret didn't turn up the numbers and everyone is calling it a miscast.

Conversely, when Sheila came back three years ago when Finn and Steffy got married, ET announced it in advance, and they got a small bump. So that spoiler didn't hurt the show.

R465, viewing about the same; Chris and Dan were far superior. I saw some improvements with Chris back but Sonny murdering Stone Jr. 's dad in cold blood was a turn off.

by Anonymousreply 471September 4, 2024 5:29 AM

R469 Fighting with Michael would've definitely helped; have they fought about anything in awhile? Willow seems bored, but not exactly dissatisfied with him. Especially not to the point where she wants to cheat. We know they have an active sex life; that point was made clear with that terrible episode where Cody kept the kids from interrupting them.

Willow finding out about Nina and Drew is probably the big secret they're waiting to reveal, which is pretty lazy on their part, since it isn't like Drew is Willow's boyfriend, sleeping with her mother along with her. If they really want to get messy, they'd have Willow sleeping with Drew, Michael with Sasha, Nina with Cody, etc.

by Anonymousreply 472September 4, 2024 6:30 AM

R471 Rebecca Budig, as lovely as she is, should've never been Taylor. Some suggested Morgan DeWitt, last played by Sarah Buxton; that would've probably went over better, especially if Buxton didn't want to return (though she probably would have), clearing the way for Budig.

by Anonymousreply 473September 4, 2024 6:34 AM

The show is too self indulgent. Frank makes casting decisions and changes story direction to please himself. Korte and Van Etten write heavy and in favor of characters they like, and against (or not at all for) those they don't. Even the actors (LW unwilling to inject an ounce of empathy into Carly, Mansi eating the sets to prove her mettle, Mo going distractingly off script) are self serving. Nothing is being done in service of the fans. More mob, less love, no heart.

I'm not the biggest Elizabeth fan, but wouldn't the core audience of women like to see a single, professional mother of three raise her boys and find a good man or at least some good sex? The whole "Sopranos light" shit has been done to death.

by Anonymousreply 474September 4, 2024 9:44 AM

Strongly agreed, R474. I'm on my last nerve with this show. If Sonny gets away with shooting Jagger in cold blood (as of course he will), and immediately bringing Michael and Carly into a circle of lies (of course, also crimes), I'm done.

by Anonymousreply 475September 4, 2024 10:50 AM

I thought Chad looked good in recent scenes.

by Anonymousreply 476September 4, 2024 11:51 AM

"Ah nevah woulda killed AJ unless I hadn't nah killed AJ!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 477September 4, 2024 2:25 PM

Monsters trailer.

NAC is good and looks good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478September 4, 2024 3:25 PM

I know this chick was on GH many years ago. I think she played Alexis' sister. But anyway, she and her husband (who are both Oscar winners) are in the LATimes today - because of their ADU's, no less.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479September 4, 2024 3:38 PM

LW on X touting her "great scenes with the Master". Master being Mo.

🤮

by Anonymousreply 480September 4, 2024 3:40 PM

R479. Interesting! Yeah, she was her sister Kristina and she got blown up. The thing known as Kristina now was named after her. She also had a short lived thing with Ned.

by Anonymousreply 481September 4, 2024 3:42 PM

I gather that’s the first of two trailers, R478, but it’s wild how NAC-centered the Monsters marketing has been so far. They know what they have.

by Anonymousreply 482September 4, 2024 4:02 PM

[quote] I she and her husband (who are both Oscar winners)

Pffft. For a short film shared with her husband five years ago. She's even less deserving than Viola Davis!

by Anonymousreply 483September 4, 2024 4:35 PM

R480 - She was autocorrected. She wrote monster.

by Anonymousreply 484September 4, 2024 4:36 PM

Although there's a good 30 years between them, Jamie Ray Newman always makes me think of Jaime Lyn Bauer to the point I mix them up.

by Anonymousreply 485September 4, 2024 4:39 PM

R485. OMG! Me too!

by Anonymousreply 486September 4, 2024 5:35 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487September 4, 2024 5:47 PM

R487. What a lame storyline. Why can't Lois be proud of herself like she was in the mid 90s?

by Anonymousreply 488September 4, 2024 6:20 PM

I think they're just trying to give Lois something to do. Rena has a following and having Lois around helps with the current effort to bring back fan favorites (and lapsed viewers).

by Anonymousreply 489September 4, 2024 6:32 PM

This show is so stale and it all goes back to the unholy trinity. These three characters have the potential to be interesting but it’s like they’re all stuck in some stupid shit from 20+ years ago.

by Anonymousreply 490September 4, 2024 6:37 PM

I'm glad they are getting rid of Lois' accent. The campy isn't working in 2024. It will free up the character for better storylines and romantic pairings.

Also, keeping an accent going is difficult. MEK must regret suggesting his character have an accent since he wasn't able to be consistent with it. Kathleen Gati is absolutely brilliant with her accent and has never dropped it for a second. Kathleen has said it takes a lot of focus and concentration for her to get into character and she isn't able to joke around and chat with co-stars when prepping for a scene as she really has to focus on the accent.

by Anonymousreply 491September 4, 2024 6:43 PM

Presumably Kristina will somehow get charged in Jagger's murder and Sonny will sit on the sidelines and let her take the rap.

Is that the latest plan for the show's moral center?

by Anonymousreply 492September 4, 2024 6:44 PM

R492. Good Lord! That would certainly put Sonny in a corner. I can't believe that Mo would allow this, unless he is leaving the show.

by Anonymousreply 493September 4, 2024 6:53 PM

"Rena has a following"

by Anonymousreply 494September 4, 2024 8:25 PM

Rena makes me think of kidneys

by Anonymousreply 495September 4, 2024 9:51 PM

Lois can go the fuck away anytime now. Get that fucking accent off the show! Annoying!!!

by Anonymousreply 496September 4, 2024 10:40 PM

Trust me, Sonny (or, really Diane) will think of some way to get Kristina off the hook while making sure Sonny gets away with it. I really can't stand it anymore. What a terrible set of messages this program sends to viewers.

by Anonymousreply 497September 4, 2024 11:09 PM

[quote]Sonny will sit on the sidelines and let her take the rap. Is that the latest plan for the show's moral center?

But think of all the anguish Sonny will have to go through while Kristina is on trial. It will have me glued to the set.

And Maurice will be superb playing all that anguish. He better make room on his shelf for Emmy #4.

by Anonymousreply 498September 4, 2024 11:45 PM

Two new trailers, for two different with NAC dropped today. Were there any screams coming from the Prospect Studios in LA?

by Anonymousreply 499September 4, 2024 11:52 PM

As long as Giolin busts his nut across my face, I’m good.

by Anonymousreply 500September 5, 2024 1:31 AM

Today the NAC trailers dropped and someone tagged Mo in an X comment that suggested he needed to retire as he wasn't a good actor.

Mo is not having a good day.

😂

by Anonymousreply 501September 5, 2024 1:44 AM

Mo has to take his koo koo meds.

by Anonymousreply 502September 5, 2024 9:15 AM

Will Alexis take the fall for Kristina? Been there, done that...

by Anonymousreply 503September 5, 2024 6:12 PM

Emma Samms reunion with her Dynasty co-stars Jack Coleman and Gordon Thompson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504September 5, 2024 9:30 PM

R504. So cute. The only thing missing is Karen Cellini.

by Anonymousreply 505September 5, 2024 9:40 PM

Tabyana says Gio is like a "big golden retriever" and he went shoe shopping with her and her mother and her friends liked him and he has "charisma".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506September 5, 2024 9:54 PM

This whodunit story would make more sense if we didn't witness Sonny do it. They left all the elements of the story intact, while switching out Ava for Jagger; selling this story with Sonny as the guilty party isn't working, unless there would've been someone else who fired the second shot

by Anonymousreply 507September 5, 2024 9:55 PM

*selling this story with Sonny shown as the guilty party isn't working at R507

by Anonymousreply 508September 5, 2024 10:00 PM

Maybe someone else is really responsible.

by Anonymousreply 509September 5, 2024 10:02 PM

It was Rose Kelly. One day Jagger left Kelly's diner without paying his bill. She had had enough and had been hidden and waiting all this time for Jagger's return.

by Anonymousreply 510September 5, 2024 10:11 PM

[quote]So cute. The only thing missing is Karen Cellini.

And Robin Sachs. But then he died 11 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 511September 5, 2024 10:13 PM

R509 Probably but both shots seemed to be fired by Sonny. They should've had Sonny holding the gun while someone else fired the shots; with Michael apparently witnessing the incident, he could've assumed it was Sonny when it actually wasn't. If they say someone else was responsible, it will seem sloppy but I suppose it's possible

by Anonymousreply 512September 5, 2024 10:13 PM

R510 😆

by Anonymousreply 513September 5, 2024 10:21 PM

I think the only story Maurice hasn't done is a Sonny doppelganger. I think Mo is up for a dual role.

by Anonymousreply 514September 5, 2024 11:29 PM

R514 No he hasn't done that yet; amnesiac Mike was the only "dual role" he's had, in that particular aspect. Do you think he'd be able to successfully sell that?

by Anonymousreply 515September 5, 2024 11:45 PM

Only if the doppelganger stuttered and overacted.

by Anonymousreply 516September 6, 2024 12:06 AM

Now that would be something if the doppleganger didn't stutter, didn't mumble and didn't read off the cue cards.

by Anonymousreply 517September 6, 2024 12:17 AM

Today's episode was PAINFUL to watch. Aside from the crappy writing, the costumer needs to be fired. The dialectian was dressed like Lucy Ball when she played a bag lady in Stone Pillow and Trina's booty shorts were offensive.

by Anonymousreply 518September 6, 2024 12:31 AM

I'm looking for honest answers here: Is Kate Mansi doing good work with this story or not? Social media seems to have it out for her, but I'm unsure why. You all seem to be more agnostic about it. Is she stinking up the show or doing some Emmy-worthy work?

by Anonymousreply 519September 6, 2024 12:39 AM

I want to slap the shit out of Angela - stop fucking crying!!

by Anonymousreply 520September 6, 2024 12:52 AM

Sorry wrong thread 520

by Anonymousreply 521September 6, 2024 12:54 AM

Mansi has been very bad in the "high emotion" scenes, especially crying. Otherwise, she's been okay.

by Anonymousreply 522September 6, 2024 1:29 AM

Mansi is terrible.

by Anonymousreply 523September 6, 2024 2:03 AM

She's been over the top in her grief since loosing the baby. No doubt Maurice gave her acting tips.

Before that, she was doing a pretty good job.

by Anonymousreply 524September 6, 2024 2:14 AM

Especially the graveyard in the rain scene, that went on a little too long.

by Anonymousreply 525September 6, 2024 2:28 AM

Mansi suddenly flipped a switch after Blaze was canned. I don't know what she is playing. Is the issue tha Kristina is so unlikeable that the actress is having a hard time playing it?

by Anonymousreply 526September 6, 2024 2:30 AM

Michael Fairman interviewing Adam J. Harrington.

Adam says Jagger only had two suits. I never noticed.

He has known he would be killed since May.

Is open to coming back as another character.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 527September 6, 2024 3:28 PM

R516 R517 😂 😂

by Anonymousreply 528September 6, 2024 4:00 PM

R518 It was pretty bad

by Anonymousreply 529September 6, 2024 4:02 PM

R519 She was a better actress while on DOOL, she's going through some sort of regression while at GH. The fans who weren't familiar with her work at DOOL are raking her over the coals; they're also not a fan of her sarcastic personality. As someone mentioned she's probably taking acting tips from Maurice and executive producer, director, writer, casting director, acting coach extraordinaire Frank Valentini.

by Anonymousreply 530September 6, 2024 4:08 PM

R527 May aligns with Patrick Mulcahey leaving as well. Although, they were still planning to off Ava; guess it wouldn't have been a murder mystery for him. Unless they would've been offed together, but that's probably too complex for GH.

by Anonymousreply 531September 6, 2024 4:14 PM

Harrington's Jagger and Huss's Nik would've made an uber hot couple onscreen (and off). GH fails again.

by Anonymousreply 532September 6, 2024 4:53 PM

R532 and Huss is married to an Adam, I believe.

by Anonymousreply 533September 6, 2024 5:33 PM

Yesterday’s episode, in which Carly and Sonny have to convince the town that they fucked at the Q mansion as an alibi for Sonny murdering Jagger, leading to a full scene of Tracy dry heaving—was an off-model hoot.

by Anonymousreply 534September 6, 2024 5:59 PM

R527 - The ghost of Stone Cates?

by Anonymousreply 535September 6, 2024 8:06 PM

Killing off Jagger is yet the umpteenth example of GH needlessly and unnecessarily bringing back, recasting, then killing a popular legacy character. What was the point? If Antonio Sabato wasn't available - (or not wanted) - why even bother with the character? No reason not to create a new cop-character to play out this storyline.

Now, if they had brought back Antonio as Jagger - (i know he's a stupid trumpster), it would have been the ideal time to bring back Vanessa Marcil and they could have had the hottest love triangle storyline in years - (Sonny/Brenda/Jagger).

It also might have given Mo his best storyline in years and stopped him from complaining.

Why are these writers such idiots?

by Anonymousreply 536September 6, 2024 8:09 PM

I was going to write that it have been more challenging to write off Jagger if Sabato played the role. But then I remembered that this is the same show that brought AJ back from the dead, only to murder him later. When are they going to knife Lois?

by Anonymousreply 537September 6, 2024 8:44 PM

I'm reluctant to say this, but Maurice is a far better actor than Antonio.

Antonio would not have been able to play the part Adam Harrington did because Antonio couldn't have performed that level of intense, long-brewing hatred and anger.

Maurice, even sputtering, mumbling and reading off cue cards, would have wiped the floor with Antonio's Jagger.

But I do agree that it would have been harder to kill off Jagger if Antonio had been the one playing him.

by Anonymousreply 538September 6, 2024 9:02 PM

R536 Both Antonio and Vanessa were open to returning, particularly Antonio; Frank didn't want Antonio back- Adam was hired as Jagger after Frank felt disrespected by Antonio; Mark Teschner had recommended Adam to Frank after Adam auditioned for a role (assumingly Brennan) that Mark felt Adam just wasn't quite right for, her he still saw potential in him (similarly to when Donnell auditioned for Andre, Sofia auditioned for Willow, Giovanni auditioned for presumingly Aiden, etc.) so Frank pretty much decided he'll play Jagger on a whim, after Antonio pissed him off, for saying Frank needs to be fired during conversations with Ingo.

Vanessa was apparently open to at least a short-term stint, yet Korte wasn't on onboard, since she's not exactly a fan, along with Brenda taking attention away from Carly. Since Frank and Nathan are both besties with Korte, she got what she wanted.

by Anonymousreply 539September 6, 2024 9:04 PM

*that Mark felt Adam just wasn't quite right for, yet he still saw potential in him at R539

by Anonymousreply 540September 6, 2024 9:06 PM

"I'm reluctant to say this, but Maurice is a far better actor than Antonio."

Antonio wasn't hired for his acting the first time, why should this time have been any different?

by Anonymousreply 541September 6, 2024 9:33 PM

[quote]Antonio wasn't hired for his acting the first time, why should this time have been any different?

Because he's 32 years old than when he first started on GH in 1992 and doesn't have the looks of a 20 year old any longer.

by Anonymousreply 542September 6, 2024 9:40 PM

Why is queer gay Frank firing queer gay actors?

by Anonymousreply 543September 6, 2024 9:58 PM

It was the same thing with hiring Kim Delaney for Jackie Templeton. What was the point of bringing back the character if Demi Moore wasn't interested? JT was never a crucial character and would have never been remembered if played by anyone other than Demi Moore.

They could have still hired Delaney as Chase's mom just to bring in her AMC following. No reason the character had to be JT.

by Anonymousreply 544September 6, 2024 10:14 PM

Kim Delaney was terrible regardless what role she played. Very off-putting. Alcohol really took its toll on her.

by Anonymousreply 545September 6, 2024 11:23 PM

R544 Only to have her not even show up at her only son's wedding to The Blazer.

by Anonymousreply 546September 6, 2024 11:30 PM

Sarah Sherman happy about her little stint on GH. Nice of AS to praise her and NLG to take photo with her mom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547September 7, 2024 12:43 AM

I imagine SNL alums would do well on a soap as they can keep up with the fast pace and are accustomed to no second take.

What's Cecily Strong up to these days? She would be good and I always thought she resembled Britt/Kelly Thiebaud.

by Anonymousreply 548September 7, 2024 12:53 AM

Rena Sofer can go away. She is annoying. No need to make a storyline out of it. Ugh!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 549September 7, 2024 1:43 AM

Josh looks taken with Evan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550September 7, 2024 1:43 AM

Is that holly or her sister Paloma lol?

by Anonymousreply 551September 7, 2024 1:57 AM

We got Rena Sofer when we could have got Vanessa Marcil!?

Damn. And about this:

[quote] Why is queer gay Frank firing queer gay actors?

Is Adam Harrington gay?

by Anonymousreply 552September 7, 2024 2:19 AM

Yet no queer characters either on a show run by queers. Not sure Kristina counts since they will push her bi tendencies towards Jason or Lucky. They write out all her female love interests so fast! We should have Lucas front and center. If we can’t have Ryan Carnes back what about Marco Dapper or Shawn pyfrom?

by Anonymousreply 553September 7, 2024 2:50 AM

R551. It's Paloma looking for her stolen painting...and Bill Eckert.

by Anonymousreply 554September 7, 2024 5:28 AM

I made GH #1. Not that cunt Gloria Monty.

by Anonymousreply 555September 7, 2024 6:33 AM

R536 Another reason why your lovely idea would've been ruined, in regards to a Jagger/Brenda/Sonny triangle, besides Frank/Korte is that it wouldn't have stayed a triangle, since Carly inevitably would've been added into a quadrangle with them.

by Anonymousreply 556September 7, 2024 10:36 AM

R543 Because the fraus are complaining, like they did at OLTL when Frank and Ron ended Fish because of network pressure. Frank and Nathan aren't against storylines centered around LGBTQ characters, but that fan base the network caters to the most, the ones who want Sonny, Carly & Jason front and center, don't exactly want to see representation in the form of us.

by Anonymousreply 557September 7, 2024 12:29 PM

R544 TPTB wanted to tie Chase to a character from their glory days/known actress; Demi Moore playing Jackie, even if for a moment, was enough, though she was still recast to create their backstory. Frank had a better chance of having John Stamos return than Demi Moore; Stamos almost agreed a couple of times to do a guest stint before turning them down. There's also rumor that Frank has wanted to give Blackie Parrish a son too, no different than with Jackie.

by Anonymousreply 558September 7, 2024 12:49 PM

R548 Never noticed any resemblance between Cecily and Kelly until now 😆 good eye.

by Anonymousreply 559September 7, 2024 12:53 PM

R550 😃 😃

by Anonymousreply 560September 7, 2024 12:55 PM

R553 Marco or Shawn would be good additions. It's because of downplaying LGBTQ characters to keep fraud tuned in. Those comments made by them in regards to gay storylines are pretty vile

by Anonymousreply 561September 7, 2024 1:01 PM

*to keep fraus tuned in at R561

by Anonymousreply 562September 7, 2024 1:03 PM

Like NAC, he has a lead in a high-profile streaming series so we won’t be seeing him again soon, but I’m pleased to report that Will “Cam” Lipton has gotten really fucking hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 563September 7, 2024 1:21 PM

[quote]I’m pleased to report that Will “Cam” Lipton has gotten really fucking hot.

He looks like a man now. Good for him. Don't tell Eden McCoy.

by Anonymousreply 564September 7, 2024 1:26 PM

[quote] Why are these writers such idiots?

I'm convinced the writers literally type the dialogue for storied mandated by the creativity-challenged network execs and ego-driven 800 lb stars.

by Anonymousreply 565September 7, 2024 1:30 PM

[quote] this is the same show that brought AJ back from the dead, only to murder him later.

They did even worse to Dr. Rick Webber. I'm shocked Jeff got to visit Port Charles and not leave in a body bag.

by Anonymousreply 566September 7, 2024 1:34 PM

[quote] Why is queer gay Frank firing queer gay actors?

Is Adam Harrington gay? Who are you referencing?

by Anonymousreply 567September 7, 2024 1:38 PM

R563 😋

R564 😆

by Anonymousreply 568September 7, 2024 1:40 PM

[quote] Is that holly or her sister Paloma lol?

Wasn't Paloma supposed to be Holly's identical South American cousin? What a ridiculous premise!

by Anonymousreply 569September 7, 2024 1:41 PM

Previews For Next Week:

Monday, 9/9/2024

Lucky gets a big surprise.

Anna and Diane square off.

Kristina makes a confession.

Alexis is in the hot seat.

Jordan’s detective skills kick in.

Tuesday, 9/10/2024

Elizabeth and Jason exchange information.

Carly seeks help from Brennan.

Molly voices her suspicions.

Anna is disappointed.

Michael pleads with Kristina.

Wednesday, 9/11/2024

Ava catches a break.

Liz confides in Willow.

Molly questions Ric’s motives.

Anna and Jordan seek answers.

Brennan briefs Carly.

Thursday, 9/12/2024

Jason accepts a new mission.

Tracy calls an emergency meeting.

Lois and Brook Lynn have a heart-to-heart.

Sasha has a surprise for Cody.

Josslyn pays a visit to Michael.

Friday, 9/13/2024

Anna makes a demand of Brennan.

Sonny makes a promise.

Lois and Tracy butt heads.

Mac makes an arrest.

Chase calls in a suspect.

by Anonymousreply 570September 7, 2024 1:47 PM

[quote] Lucky gets a big surprise.

Is it a shower?

[quote] Kristina makes a confession.

Even she finds herself insufferable.

[quote] Anna is disappointed.

Let me guess, Sonny gets away with murder. Again.

[quote] Brennan briefs Carly.

Is this code for a quickie?

[quote] Jason accepts a new mission.

Sonny now wants him to swallow as well.

[quote] Mac makes an arrest.

Hope it's one time girlfriend Alexis, and she does hard time for Sonny.

by Anonymousreply 571September 7, 2024 1:54 PM

Does anyone on here know the real story about what happened behind the scenes over the last six months? Who really fired Chris and Dan? Who hired Mulcahey and promoted Korte? What was Mulcahey's long story? When did they realize that things weren't working? Was Mulcahey sabotaged?

How much of what we're seeing now is a total rewrite?

by Anonymousreply 572September 7, 2024 1:55 PM

Mulcahey is a nasty miserable old geez who can’t stand women as his boss or as an equal. He hated Korte because they were in the same level. Mulcahey stomped his heels and quit. Everyone including Frank was glad to be free of that queen.

by Anonymousreply 573September 7, 2024 2:04 PM

It's a shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 574September 7, 2024 3:48 PM

New Writer Anne Schoettle.

She's Charles Shaughnessy's sister-in-law (ex-Victor Cassadine).

Charles Shaughnessy is an English Earl, does that mean Anne is a Countess of some sort?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575September 7, 2024 4:55 PM

Charles Shaunessy is a baron. He is the 5th Baron Shaunessy, a title he inherited from a cousin. His brother and sister-in-law have no titles in the British peerage.

by Anonymousreply 576September 7, 2024 5:14 PM

R571 🤣🤣 but when/why did you stop watching?

by Anonymousreply 577September 7, 2024 5:47 PM

R572 This might be of use to you. During the writers strike last year, Nathan/the network decided to reset GH. Avery Pohl was the first to publicly admit this, for she was actually informed that she would be fired last summer, even though she didn't stop filming until November (with Esme airing until the end of January). They were contemplating firing Chris and Dan, but they couldn't fire them during the writers strike, so they had to wait until they returned. They decided to wait until they presented their "Jason's returns" story before deciding to force them, which was apparently the last straw; the story consisted of not only Morgan coming back from the dead, as a brainwashed hitman, but Jason's mother Susan Moore came back from the dead as well, as part of an opposing mob to Sonny's, which also included Jason, who was possibly undercover to rescue Morgan. Liv Jerome and Jennifer Smith were working hard with Susan to take Sonny down as well. The network thought the story was trash and fired both Chris and Dan. Frank didn't want neither of them to leave, but it was out of his hands. Frank himself, along with Maurice, were given less creative control- this happened in December, prior to Chris/Dan's firing/Mulcahey's hiring; Maurice no longer being able to sit on on writers room meetings was also referenced.

Nathan/The network hired Patrick Mulcahey, based on his track record as a breakdown/script writer. When they thought they couldn't land him, Elizabeth Korte was named as interim head writer, until they could find someone else since Mulcahey was their primary choice. Mulcahey agreed, with the condition that his then friend Korte stay on as head writer with him (she was already the associate head writer with approval from Frank and Nathan/the network to change scripts; Maurice referred to her as the true head writer).

Mulcahey's long story from what was mentioned included reestablishing the Quartermaine's as the shows primary family, having Drew embrace his Quartermaine roots, busting up Nina and Ava's friendship, the Drew/Nina sexcapades, Drew and Willow affair, Michael and Sasha spending more time together while she began dating Cody, Sonny seem as the town pariah, Josslyn and Dex moving in different directions, Alexis reestablishing her law career while others changed careers as well, Aiden's coming out story as a gay teen, broadening the Cassadine's, including recasting Spencer, yet that was vetoed by the network since they didn't want NAC to walk away.

Things started to go wrong almost immediately, about a month or so in, when the ratings slipped drastically after Jason's return. Frank and Korte were accused of sabotaging Mulcahey, by editing his ideas unfavorably and changing his scripts. He personally had a coming out scene between Liz, Laura and Aiden, which ended up on the cutting room floor. Mulcahey primarily worked out of his home in Washington, whereas Frank and Korte are LA based, frequently at the studio (especially Frank), which made things even more difficult. One thing that Frank, Korte and Mulcahey were all onboard with was the rehiring of Chris Van Etten. Alley Mills, who had a good relationship with Mulcahey at B&B, became frustrated with him over the writing for Heather. When she asked him if he could change the script, he refused. She then went to her friend Chris Van Etten, who told her to change it herself, to how she saw fit. Frank, Korte and Van Etten were all on the same page, with Mulcahey as the odd man out.

Mulcahey confided in a friend of his that Frank was sabotaging him, with Korte as his co-conspirator and Van Etten working with them as well. He also admitted to quitting after not wanting to deal with them undermining him anymore. Others believe he was fired.

Practically everything being shown now is a rewrite, which took place amongst Korte, Van Etten and the other writers between May-July. Mulcahey worked there for at least four months, which were apparently tumultuous.

by Anonymousreply 578September 7, 2024 6:36 PM

Mulcahey always always plays the victim. He’s not. He has issues wherever he works. He can stay the fuck retired this time. He’s a miserable human being.

by Anonymousreply 579September 7, 2024 7:12 PM

Thanks for the details! Wow.

Is Maurice back to sitting in on the writers' meetings?

He's such an albatross at GH.

by Anonymousreply 580September 7, 2024 7:14 PM

Avery Pohl as Esme reminded me so much of Marcy Walker as Liza Colby, a competent, ferocious actor with no insecurity about her character being hated, but with enough depth to let slivers of humanity shine through. Saddling her with a baby (while not even attempting a "who's the daddy" trope) was a a huge mistake, as was letting her go. Esme and Joss could've been the next generation of great rivals (sorry Trina) but GH NEVER gets out of its own way.

And fuck Alley Mills for not liking what was written for a legacy character she is lucky to be playing.

I wish someone BTS had some balls. Fire Mo, and make Rick Hearst's Ric the male lead of the show. He's clearly very skilled and has tremendous presence. While the cunt fraus would certainly bitch, the question is would they actually tune out? Not for long, is my guess.

by Anonymousreply 581September 7, 2024 7:53 PM

On his youtube show, sputtering egomaniac Mo sports a shit eating grin whenever he mentions that viewers complain he took over the show. He takes pleasure in reminding the audience that TPTB can't/won't get rid of him.

Gawd I loathe him.

by Anonymousreply 582September 7, 2024 8:55 PM

R581, I agree, Avery Pohl was electrifying. The show easily could’ve found story reasons to hang on with her. The scenes in which she realizes Spencer let Nikolas take Ace are extraordinary, with both Pohl and Chavez both hitting a level that the show’s veterans don’t often match. I wish she were getting the kind of opportunities he’s getting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583September 7, 2024 10:19 PM

The Sprina lunatics made it impossible to keep Esme or even AP.

She was smart and got her degree while at GH.

by Anonymousreply 584September 7, 2024 10:29 PM

Part 2 of the above. Hard to believe that anyone in the current regime show was involved with writing for these two. Truly great talents.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585September 7, 2024 10:35 PM

R577 - I think maybe two years ago. I had had enough. I had stopped watching for a long time, and then when ABC cancelled OLTL and AMC (with GH hanging by a thread), I figured I would tune back in to see the old girl out. Some 15 years later and that bitch is STILL on her death bed with a ventilator. I got tired of waiting to see how it all ends because, in reality, for me, GH had ended a LONG time ago.

by Anonymousreply 586September 8, 2024 1:04 AM

Look what I stumbled across late last night on you tube...

This was from the year I was born. My goodness, a youngish Lee Baldwin! Meg! John Prentice talking about Polly! Jessie looking matronly even then...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587September 8, 2024 1:08 AM

R587. That bitch Polly! Poor Jessie had to go on trial for John's death because of her!

by Anonymousreply 588September 8, 2024 1:11 AM

Tom, you scoundrel, bring my baby boy back from Mexico! Isn't it enough that you raped me while we were married!?

by Anonymousreply 589September 8, 2024 1:15 AM

R589. You were my wife! You wouldn't consummate our love! I'm a man with needs (and this was 1969/1970) and the world was a different place. You told me Tommy was dead!

by Anonymousreply 590September 8, 2024 1:23 AM

R580 Supposedly, writing room meetings are now restructured and actors are restricted from sitting in on them, even though none of the other actors were sitting in on them, which was initially spilled by Carolyn Hennesy, besides Maurice.

Rumor is Maurice will be fired or driven into retirement within the next few months. The retirement rumors are common, which Maurice himself usually teases to gauge fan reaction, but him actually being fired is a new one. Personally, I don't know if this is true; however, the rumor of Kelly Monaco being fired turned out to be true so idk but many would like to see a Port Charles without Sonny.

by Anonymousreply 591September 8, 2024 1:35 PM

R581 Great analysis 👏 👏 👏 👏

by Anonymousreply 592September 8, 2024 1:39 PM

R582 😁 😁

by Anonymousreply 593September 8, 2024 1:41 PM

R586 You're not in the minority. She's definitely holding on for dear life, for as long as she possibly can 😊 Lulu is probably the best representation physically, however GH needs more than a liver to save them at this point.

by Anonymousreply 594September 8, 2024 1:44 PM

R587 R588 Would Elizabeth Webber be considered a modern day Jessie Brewer?

by Anonymousreply 595September 8, 2024 1:49 PM

She would come closest to that archetype. Abd of course she played Jessie in one of the GH anniversary "flashbacks" -- sweater and all.

by Anonymousreply 596September 8, 2024 1:54 PM

Here's hoping for a Christmas miracle and Sonny is sent to prison leaving Mo with just the occasional behind bars scene and a slow fade away from his character.

Mo will take to social media to rile up his fans but hopefully their protestations will fall on deaf ears.

He will also make very special episodes of his youtube show lamenting the situation and how it has caused him anxiety while egging his fans on to cause a commotion.

He is always begging on X for people to follow him and subscribe to his youtube channel. His character being phased out will cause him to ramp up his begging being the greedy little weasel he is. He has even offered to "retweet" anyone who buys his merch, slimy weasel.

Make Brennan or a resurrected Victor Sheffield Cassadine the resident bad guy. Both those guys have charisma, twinkling eyes, look good in a suit and can be diabolical at the same time. They also don't sputter and know their lines. Countless past characters played by good actors and chased away by sputtering MO could be brought back and do a better job.

by Anonymousreply 597September 8, 2024 1:58 PM

Sonny's murder in cold blood of Jagger, in a sane world, would require him to be punished. The fact that Jagger was coming after his family is irrelevant. People cannot simply take the law into their own hands. Is this what ABC is promoting? Vigilante justice? In what universe is Sonny a hero? He's not even an anti-hero! He's merely a thug who happens to be loyal to his loved ones. Being loyal to your loved ones does not make you a hero. The fact that ABC put the kibosh on rapists is great, but meanwhile they are glorifying a murderer? Just think how insulting that is to any family that has had a family member murdered. And then there's the terrible message it sends about our values as a nation.

by Anonymousreply 598September 8, 2024 2:02 PM

R596 She did play Jessie pretty convincingly. Ryan Carnes and Jason Thompson were exceptional as well.

by Anonymousreply 599September 8, 2024 2:04 PM

R597 R598 Outside of his frau fan base, you both seem to echo what other fans feel when it comes to MB and Sonny as well. Eventually it will no longer be all about him, it's just a matter of exactly when things will be different.

Btw, the new thread is now up.

by Anonymousreply 600September 8, 2024 2:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!