Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who Is Competing for Mr. Gay World 2024?

The 16th annual Mr. Gay World competition is heading to its finale on Monday. This year's event takes place in Great Britain (at The Alnwick Garden in Northumberland) for the first time in its history. There are 12 men competing from Chile, France, India, Germany, Philippines, Italy, the United States (Puerto Rico), South Africa, Poland and Switzerland, Thailand as well as the UK. They are staying in Alnwick as guests of the Duchess of Northumberland before the big day which will feature a catwalk section showcasing elaborate outfits plus music and performances from 1pm on Monday.

"We have had the privilege of hosting Mr Gay Europe for the last two years and were delighted when the opportunity to welcome Mr Gay World arose this summer, Mark Brassell, chief executive at The Alnwick Garden, told the Northumberland Gazette.

According to its website, "The Mr Gay World® competition is a 21st Century public performance where the delegates represent their nation as the best spokesperson and embody the spirit of their nation.

The competition takes place over an intense four days and includes various challenges including:

Public Voting, Social Media, Written Test, Personal Interview, Swimwear, Formal Wear, National Costume, and Social Responsibility Campaign. Amongst its rules are that all candidates must be 21 years of age one month prior to the competition and "identifies as male, uses 'him' and 'his' as their pronouns and 'collectively identifies as male'."

Amongst the attributes the jury will be focusing on are a candidate who shows an interest in the world and people around him; displays a compassionate nature; embraces change or people and things different from his own frame of reference; can conduct an intelligent conversation; is authentic; has poise and confidence without seeming arrogant; is someone his nation and community would be proud of; can be a diplomat of good will; has innate leadership skills; inspires those around him; is willing to take risks; is a visionary; is dedicated to his responsibility towards the LGBTQIA+ community he represents; and is presentable to be a role model and represent the LGBTQIA+ on a variety of public.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 20, 2024 3:27 AM

The guy on the left is the obvious winner

by Anonymousreply 1August 25, 2024 11:31 PM

What makes it obvious ?

by Anonymousreply 2August 26, 2024 12:19 AM

They searched the world and found these mildly attractive people?

There are hundreds of better looking guys every night in Boystown.

by Anonymousreply 3August 26, 2024 1:37 AM

—Vapid Whores!? 🤷‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 4August 26, 2024 1:39 AM

Ewwwww.

by Anonymousreply 5August 26, 2024 3:36 AM

Swizerland is by the best looking, but not the whoriest, which would be Puerto Rico.

Which quality is more important in a Mr. Gay World?

by Anonymousreply 6August 26, 2024 3:41 AM

God, this is so sad. Imagine spending time and money to achieve this “honor.”

by Anonymousreply 7August 26, 2024 3:44 AM

I need to establish a Senate subcommittee to study this issue.

by Anonymousreply 8August 26, 2024 3:46 AM

They should have gone to the BB26 set and grabbed Matt, Tucker, Cam, Cedric.

by Anonymousreply 9August 26, 2024 4:49 AM

I'm waiting for the dance-off with Pre-Teen World.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 26, 2024 5:15 AM

Miss South Africa for the win

by Anonymousreply 11August 26, 2024 5:38 AM

PHILIPPINES: John Bench Ortiz, 32, dietitian, fitness coach, choreographer, realtor and model

by Anonymousreply 12August 26, 2024 7:34 AM

Yeah, the Swiss and Filipino guys are cute.

by Anonymousreply 13August 26, 2024 7:46 AM

Chile and Puerto Rico are marginally the hottest, closely followed by France, Thailand, South Africa, the Philippines, Switzerland, but there really isnt much in it between them all, would happily swallow all their loads or fuck

by Anonymousreply 14August 26, 2024 8:02 AM

I wouldn't like to be judging between them in a beauty competition

by Anonymousreply 15August 26, 2024 8:05 AM

Are we sure this isn't the Mr. Gay Photo Manipulation All Stars?

by Anonymousreply 16August 26, 2024 8:17 AM

Have they crowned a winner today ?

by Anonymousreply 17August 27, 2024 3:54 AM

[quote] God, this is so sad. Imagine spending time and money to achieve this “honor.”

Many years ago (15?) when my partner and I drove around the perimeter of Iceland, we came to this little place, a village really, and the locals were so excited because a guy from their little town just became Mr. Gay Iceland. So, I guess, you'd be surprised how much pride it can inspire.

by Anonymousreply 18August 27, 2024 3:58 AM

R18, he was probably the only gay in the village.

by Anonymousreply 19August 27, 2024 4:08 AM

Quite likely.

by Anonymousreply 20August 27, 2024 4:09 AM

^^R18

by Anonymousreply 21August 27, 2024 4:10 AM

Did you get Mr. Gay Iceland's autograph at the time ? Did you get to grab him by his dick (Trump would've) ?

by Anonymousreply 22August 27, 2024 11:46 AM

And the winner can look forward to an exciting career in prostitution.

by Anonymousreply 23August 27, 2024 11:57 AM

Why is it so wrong to just do a beauty contest that is mostly. about beauty? Yeah, inner beauty bullshit, but come on. These guys aren't actually going to be real diplomats. All these categories that have nothing to do with hotness or posture or anything like that. An actual beauty contest that was brutally honest would be more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 24August 27, 2024 12:02 PM

This is just a free advertising catalogue for the buyers in Dubai Saudi Arabia.

I have a friend who was Mr. Boston Leather and a friend who was Miss Massachusetts.

Both pageants were really cut throat. The guys in leather were the real mean girls but they had all the good drugs.

Good luck to all the contestants!

by Anonymousreply 25August 27, 2024 1:05 PM

Dubai and Saudi Arabia.^

by Anonymousreply 26August 27, 2024 1:07 PM

[quote] Did you get Mr. Gay Iceland's autograph at the time ? Did you get to grab him by his dick (Trump would've) ?

No. He made it big - to Reykjavik!

by Anonymousreply 27August 27, 2024 1:12 PM

There's a word for these guys...it's on the tip of my tongue

by Anonymousreply 28August 27, 2024 1:13 PM

[QUOTE]Amongst its rules are that all candidates must be 21 years of age one month prior to the competition and "identifies as male, uses 'him' and 'his' as their pronouns and 'collectively identifies as male'.

What happens if a competitor doesn't give a shit about pronouns? Are they disqualified?

by Anonymousreply 29August 27, 2024 1:16 PM

Paul Carruthers of Great Britain won the Mr Gay World 2024 title during the finals held August 26 at The Alnwick Garden in England. The Philippines' Bench Ortiz finished first runner-up.

That's the best they can do for a winner ? Seriously ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30August 29, 2024 12:03 AM

Damn that man can smell cookies.

by Anonymousreply 31August 29, 2024 7:54 AM

He bakes them, smells them, eats them and asks for more.

by Anonymousreply 32August 29, 2024 12:04 PM

[quote] Yeah, inner beauty bullshit

The inner beauty bullshit is actually quite relevant for me. A difficult character is quite a turn-off. I cannot separate that from the looks. Most of the candidates look high maintenance to me. Maybe that's what is needed in a high profile competition like this. But then these guys wouldn't be right for me anymore. In that sense I wouldn't mind to have a date night with Mr. Philippines or Mr. Poland. They look hot and uh... sane.

by Anonymousreply 33August 29, 2024 12:52 PM

I had planned to, but my sciatica is acting up and I have cataract surgery scheduled that week.

by Anonymousreply 34August 29, 2024 2:13 PM

We need to have a Miss Datalounge contest for you fussy demanding queens. The winner will be determined solely with a tape measure.

by Anonymousreply 35August 29, 2024 2:20 PM

Good God, what a nasty looking gaggle of muscle queens. Not a truly handsome one in the bunch.

by Anonymousreply 36August 29, 2024 2:29 PM

None of them were to my taste at all. But then I bet none of them would fancy me either.

by Anonymousreply 37August 29, 2024 2:40 PM

Maybe this is a sign of gay progress? All the good looking and normal seeming gay men do not feel a need to compete in this contest. There are some real dogs competing.

by Anonymousreply 38August 29, 2024 3:12 PM

Male or anyone who identifies as male. So, women are welcome too.

by Anonymousreply 39August 29, 2024 3:32 PM

Mr Switzerland is my pick. There are slim pickings overall.

by Anonymousreply 40August 29, 2024 3:53 PM

Wow.. looking at these low rent candidates I might have even had a shot at the title.

by Anonymousreply 41August 29, 2024 4:26 PM

Isn't Mr. Great Britain an FTM? Honestly, I thought so, he's a trans healthcare nurse and seems to have scars under his breasts. No, I'm not a trans hater, just curious.

by Anonymousreply 42August 29, 2024 4:46 PM

Looks like a bunch of screaming bottoms to me, real men don't parade and primp like females, and enter beauty contests.

by Anonymousreply 43August 29, 2024 5:23 PM

R42 goodness knows. But his IG is creepy - full of pics with his kids (I assume they're his) interspersed with him posing in his underwear.

by Anonymousreply 44August 29, 2024 5:25 PM

I innately have a low opinion of women that enter beauty pageants (I knew a few in college), and I have an even lower opinion of men who do so.

by Anonymousreply 45August 30, 2024 9:38 PM

Ugh. I feel like I'm picking from a pile of over-ripened avocados. They're all too soft.

by Anonymousreply 46September 2, 2024 1:39 AM

Which queen won?

by Anonymousreply 47September 20, 2024 3:27 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!