Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Things that continue to annoy you

Part of II Things that Annoy you, now in its 600th post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305October 4, 2024 4:20 PM

And Just Like That annoys me.

by Anonymousreply 1August 25, 2024 12:34 PM

It annoys me when the women I work with wish each other "Happy Mother's Day!" around that day. My mom always said: The only person you should wish a happy Mother's Day to is your mother.

Afaik men don't wish each other a happy Father's Day. At least I hope not.

by Anonymousreply 2August 25, 2024 12:39 PM

The irrationality on DL during political season. The majority here prove every logical fallacy there is. It's quite unsettling, infuriating and dull as fuck to watch this place lose all reason.

by Anonymousreply 3August 25, 2024 12:45 PM

"It's not me who's crazy, it's the world!"

by Anonymousreply 4August 25, 2024 12:48 PM

[quote] The majority here prove every logical fallacy there is.

R3 So true, unfortunately. It seems a lot worse, lately, too.

by Anonymousreply 5August 25, 2024 12:49 PM

R4 You're just proving the point.

by Anonymousreply 6August 25, 2024 12:49 PM

The preponderance of people watching videos on their phones in public with the sound on.

by Anonymousreply 7August 25, 2024 1:11 PM

People who play music at the beach.

This was common when I was a kid, when people played the AM pop stations on their tinny transistor radios. It wasn't usually bad. The radios were not loud. And at least it was pretty good music, at that time. Now people play music very loud, either something in another language, or EDM, with a persistent, thumping beat.

by Anonymousreply 8August 25, 2024 1:16 PM

Facebook, and how stupid people think it’s necessary

by Anonymousreply 9August 25, 2024 1:23 PM

Isn’t that fading though?

by Anonymousreply 10August 25, 2024 3:47 PM

The phrase "do keep up"

by Anonymousreply 11August 25, 2024 9:58 PM

“What do you want for dinner?”

“Idk, you pick.”

“Tacos?”

“No, I’m not really in the mood for tacos.”

“Okay, so, what sounds good?”

“Idk, you pick.”

by Anonymousreply 12August 25, 2024 10:01 PM

Fat cows who can walk around a store for 30 minutes and shop. Bring everything out to their car. But can't walk for another 30 seconds to put the shopping cart back. They just leave it in a parking space.

by Anonymousreply 13August 25, 2024 10:02 PM

My take out website just informed me "We're on a journey to reduce single use packaging."

Journeys really fucking annoy me.

by Anonymousreply 14August 25, 2024 10:43 PM

When I go to a restaurant with my husband and he calls the waiter/waitress by name. He'll crane his neck and go out of his way to look at their name tag just so he can say "so what do you recommend today, Jessica?"

Not sure why, but it drives me nuts.

by Anonymousreply 15August 25, 2024 11:11 PM

Jobs where you are required to wear a name tag.

by Anonymousreply 16August 25, 2024 11:16 PM

Not getting a "thank you wave" after letting a car cut in front of me in traffic. It makes me instantly enraged. Just raise your hand and give me even a half-assed thank you! You don't even have to actually wave. Just something. Anything. Acknowledge my goddamn driving benevolence, you ungrateful bastard.

by Anonymousreply 17August 25, 2024 11:18 PM

Similarly, when you stop to let someone cross the street and they don't acknowledge you.

by Anonymousreply 18August 25, 2024 11:27 PM

Cyclists. It bears saying again and again and again.

by Anonymousreply 19August 25, 2024 11:28 PM

In my job (normally not one where people would wear a name tag) they made us wear lanyards with our names on them. Also we were supposed to add our pronouns, which I said no to (I wasn't alone). After about a year, no one wears the lanyards.

Annoying.

by Anonymousreply 20August 25, 2024 11:30 PM

The same security guards at reception who expect you to show your ID every day.

by Anonymousreply 21August 25, 2024 11:34 PM

Having to ask for people's IDs every day

by Anonymousreply 22August 25, 2024 11:37 PM

The bitches at work

by Anonymousreply 23August 25, 2024 11:38 PM

People who don’t keep up but feel the need to share their stupidity with the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 24August 25, 2024 11:43 PM

That would be a sizeable contingent on the political threads. I'm a reliable Democrat but some of those people embarass me. It's like North Korea with them.

by Anonymousreply 25August 25, 2024 11:44 PM

Ugly people, stupid people, rude people, godless people, black bananas, TV commercials,

by Anonymousreply 26August 25, 2024 11:45 PM

[quote] My mom always said: The only person you should wish a happy Mother's Day to is your mother.

My sister was the first of us siblings to get married. When her anniversary rolled around, I was talking to our mom about what I should get Sis for an anniversary present. Mom said that anniversaries are for the couple to buy each other presents (not for me to be buying the couple a present).

by Anonymousreply 27August 25, 2024 11:50 PM

A friend, when ordering a drink at a restaurant, will always say: "I'll have a beer." Inevitably, the server will have to tell Friend what kinds of beers they have, blah blah blah. IMO, friend should just say what kind of fucking beer he wants.

by Anonymousreply 28August 25, 2024 11:51 PM

People who meet on the street, then stand in middle of sidewalk talking.

by Anonymousreply 29August 26, 2024 12:00 AM

People who get all their news from NPR and then share deep thoughts like, “you know, the word Islam means Peace.”

by Anonymousreply 30August 26, 2024 12:21 AM

It drives me crazy when a website takes an extra second to load ads or other junk, and just as I’m about to click on something, everything shifts around, and I end up clicking the wrong thing.

by Anonymousreply 31August 26, 2024 12:25 AM

Love the album cover photos by Herb Ritts. Shot in Hawaii. Wardrobe /styling by Fleur Thiemeyer. Art direction by George Osaki.

by Anonymousreply 32August 26, 2024 12:38 AM

But do they annoy you?

by Anonymousreply 33August 26, 2024 12:44 AM

That's by design, R31.

by Anonymousreply 34August 26, 2024 12:48 AM

Sites that demand complicated passwords. Get lost.

by Anonymousreply 35August 26, 2024 12:53 AM

Negaters/one uppers.

by Anonymousreply 36August 26, 2024 1:13 AM

People who don’t know how to take charge drive me absolutely wild with frustration. And yes, that includes my partner. We were at his sister’s shared house, and one of the dumpy roommates had a precious 4-month-old black lab puppy. The moment I touched that poor baby, I could feel every single rib, and it made my blood boil.

While my partner and his sister were whispering about sneaking the dog some food - like that would solve the problem - I couldn’t stand it for another second. I marched right up to that obese sow and demanded she either start feeding the dog properly or hand it over to me. And yeah, it pissed her off, but you know what? Good! Her anger just proved she was full of it because she had the nerve to lie to my face, claiming this puppy weighed 40 pounds when it was clearly starving.

When it comes to situations like this, there’s no room for tiptoeing. You have to go in headfirst, and if it means making people uncomfortable or angry, then so be it. The well-being of that innocent animal was on the line, and nothing else matters.

by Anonymousreply 37August 26, 2024 1:31 AM

r37, did you take the dog?

by Anonymousreply 38August 26, 2024 1:34 AM

R38 The flabby hag wouldn’t give it up, but my sister says the dog’s doing better now.

by Anonymousreply 39August 26, 2024 1:38 AM

My sister-in-law ***

by Anonymousreply 40August 26, 2024 1:39 AM

Family stickers on the back of cars.

Nobody cares that your stick figure son plays football, or that there’s a “baby on board.”

by Anonymousreply 41August 26, 2024 1:49 AM

When I'm at a restaurant and ask for water and I get a tiny cup. Meanwhile the lady next to me asks for a soda and she gets a fucking bucket.

by Anonymousreply 42August 26, 2024 1:51 AM

NYC has an unfortunate amount of tourists this time of year. They walk four across on the sidewalk, making it impossible to pass, and they stop constantly for pictures, blocking your path unless you want to be rude and ruin them by just walking through. Guess who’s rude? Moi.

by Anonymousreply 43August 26, 2024 1:56 AM

R37 Any reason why she wasn't feeding the dog?

by Anonymousreply 44August 26, 2024 3:56 AM

[quote] A friend, when ordering a drink at a restaurant, will always say: "I'll have a beer."

It works on tv shows.

by Anonymousreply 45August 26, 2024 11:58 AM

Apartment building neighbors who stand in the corridor chitchatting loudly. Go inside, for fuck's sake.

by Anonymousreply 46August 26, 2024 12:12 PM

At the gym:

People who don't wipe the bench, equipment, or machines off after using them.

Men who leave a mess in the locker-room. There's a basket within easy distance to throw the used towels, but they fail to use it. Guys who leave the dry cleaner's hanger or other debris in the locker they've used. Men who don't shower before entering the steam room or sauna (I won't even go into a hot tub).

Tip jars everywhere! Why do you need a tip for bagging a pastry in a bakery shop? Or ringing up merchandise at the cash register? Tipping is out of hand in the USA.

by Anonymousreply 47August 26, 2024 12:42 PM

Having to pump my own gas.

by Anonymousreply 48August 26, 2024 12:52 PM

When I make an over-easy egg and overcook the yolk! It just happenen this morning, Here's hoping my day gets better.

by Anonymousreply 49August 26, 2024 2:21 PM

Right now, my Threads account being spammed with posts about Oasis. I fucking hate Oasis.

by Anonymousreply 50August 26, 2024 3:09 PM

r48 move to NJ.

by Anonymousreply 51August 26, 2024 8:16 PM

R41 Bumper Sticker - "My Son Can Beat The Crap Outta Your Honor Student"

by Anonymousreply 52August 26, 2024 10:39 PM

Hearing "No Problem" after thanking server or sales clerk.

by Anonymousreply 53August 26, 2024 10:40 PM

"Happy Birthday In Heaven"

by Anonymousreply 54August 26, 2024 10:43 PM

"You got this".

by Anonymousreply 55August 26, 2024 10:50 PM

Oh, fuck, yes, R54!

by Anonymousreply 56August 26, 2024 11:36 PM

R47, I can relate. The thing that drives me most crazy is when a good-looking muscular guy wears a thin tank top; his nipples approach its cut-out on the sides, then you see the slightest sliver of nipple, then it retreats back into the tank top.

If I have the opportunity to spot someone on a bench press, I let my fingers go underneath the bar and lift the side of the tank top, where I at least see a full nipple bud and sometimes the entire circumference of the areola.

by Anonymousreply 57August 27, 2024 12:41 AM

Wow, daring and risqué stuff, R57

Do the bare legs of chairs and dressers turn you on, too?

by Anonymousreply 58August 30, 2024 7:29 AM

My kitten's growth spurts. He's eating his mum out of house and home.

Laundry. It never fucking ends.

The New Democratic Party. I may have to vote BC United just to toss David Eby's useless, ineffectual ass out of office October 19th.

by Anonymousreply 59August 30, 2024 8:41 AM

Leaf blowers...It's bad enough when gardeners come through, but now there are these electric versions for everyday use. The neighbor across the street used hers this morning for about 45 minutes as she cleared her garage, walkway, and driveway of every speck of dirt or dust imaginable. She was even blowing it into her garden and lawn. Of course, she blew it all out into the street from whence -- once the wind changes direction, it will all blow back onto the drive, walkway, and lawn.

by Anonymousreply 60August 30, 2024 5:08 PM

Brute meanness. If you have to be mean, be clever about it. Otherwise, you're a bore as well as an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 61August 30, 2024 5:36 PM

The cleaners start with their leaf blowers at the mall garden near my gym at 5am. I know because that is when I am at the gym pre-work.

by Anonymousreply 62August 30, 2024 10:00 PM

The unspoken rule that we have to thank servers or sales people. Fuck that shit. They should be thanking us. Lazy fuckers would not have jobs if we did not shop at their stores.

by Anonymousreply 63August 30, 2024 10:57 PM

[quote] The cleaners start with their leaf blowers at the mall garden near my gym at 5am. I know because that is when I am at the gym pre-work.

I had to deal with that when I lived in Arizona. Drove me nuts.

by Anonymousreply 64August 30, 2024 11:34 PM

When politicians pander to us all at once and say, “The A-MER-ICAN PEOPLE! rather than “Americans”.

by Anonymousreply 65August 30, 2024 11:37 PM

When politicians try to act like they care by talking about “Sue and Bob in Penciltucky,” like we’ll believe their pretend story more.

by Anonymousreply 66August 30, 2024 11:38 PM

Leaf blowers are a menace. I also think they blow a lof of crap into the air, like allergens, that would not bother people if they were left lying in gutters and along curbs.

by Anonymousreply 67August 31, 2024 6:57 AM

Not sure why, but Kate Hudson and her singing.

by Anonymousreply 68August 31, 2024 8:14 AM

Micro penis.

by Anonymousreply 69August 31, 2024 12:37 PM

Concert films where they keep cutting to the audience reaction. I don't need to see that.

by Anonymousreply 70August 31, 2024 1:03 PM

In New York City, referring to every deli and convenience store as a "Bodega" Bodegas are small groceries in Spanish-speaking neighborhoods. You won't find one on the Upper East Side, Forest Hills, Riverdale or Bay Ridge. It's not a generic word.

by Anonymousreply 71August 31, 2024 8:50 PM

R71 That annoys me, too, and I don't even live in New York! But I hear people referring to all these various stores as Bodegas, now. On podcasts, etc. I'm glad you mentioned it.

A post in another thread just reminded me of this other thing. People who go out walking the dog, or just walking, at night, on not-well-lighted streets, wearing all black, or all-dark clothing. Who sometimes cross the street in front of you. This is actually more than merely annoying.

My mom, when I was a kid, used to *make* me wear something light, if I went out at night, on foot---even a stocking cap, anything. She was right.

by Anonymousreply 72August 31, 2024 10:10 PM

“suppose to”

by Anonymousreply 73September 1, 2024 1:54 AM

R1 people who bemoan it and say it sucks and yet watch it and discuss every stupid detail annoy me even more

by Anonymousreply 74September 1, 2024 2:10 AM

When driving, someone who comes up from behind (in a different lane) and then stays in my blind spot. I have a reverse camera and that's all. Blind spot meaning, slightly behind me, near my rear quarter panels. Why?

by Anonymousreply 75September 1, 2024 2:16 AM

People who walk past you really fast on the streets and are all "Excuse me...excuse me" as if the streets are theirs, as if they are entitled to not have to wait for others to pass like the rest of us.

The flipside is people who walk really slow as if they're on a scenic tour....or thepeople that take up the entire sidewalk.

People that take 3 hours on the ATM/Cash machines.

by Anonymousreply 76September 1, 2024 2:16 AM

Sock lint under my big toenail.

by Anonymousreply 77September 1, 2024 2:23 AM

This is a weird one, but -- when people cross in front of you (usually in a store parking lot) and you have to stop for them, cross on the diagonal, for no reason. It takes them at least twice as long to cross the road vs. if they walked straight across. Move you ass!

by Anonymousreply 78September 1, 2024 2:23 AM

your

by Anonymousreply 79September 1, 2024 2:23 AM

People who leave shopping carts in a parking space when there are corals all around.

by Anonymousreply 80September 1, 2024 2:24 AM

Ok here's one that all my female relatives: one upping each other, most commonly regarding 2 specific things. 1)what a busy/exhausting week/month they've had or 2) how little they've eaten today (or how full they feel even after eating the teeniest amount if food and will be "skipping dinner for sure") . It's so obviously a competition, particularly between my SIL and my sister. Not one mentions how many things they had to do this week and how exhausted she is because X and Y and the other answers back how she's even more tired because X,Y and Z.

Am I alone here?

by Anonymousreply 81September 1, 2024 2:26 AM

Also, supermarkets, particularly in NYC where the aisles are so narrow it is impossible for a person to pass past someone else. And if a person is taking 30 minutes to decide what brand of canned peas she/he wants and you need to get past them, you're screwed.

by Anonymousreply 82September 1, 2024 2:33 AM

^ Especially when there are displays every 5 feet, blocking half the aisle.

by Anonymousreply 83September 1, 2024 2:36 AM

R81, i am more annoyed by skinny actresses pretending that they eat hamburgers and pizza all the time.

I did have an overweight friend at work who i never saw eating (at work) anything but bananas and crackers, maybe. She had surgery and i drove her home and picked up some groceries she wanted (orange juice and bananas). I put the oj in the fridge. No food in there.

I realized she only ate takeout foods, never cooked. Hence, overweight.

by Anonymousreply 84September 1, 2024 2:40 AM

Idiots from Europe who eat out in NYC restaurants and pretend they don't know what a gratuity is.

by Anonymousreply 85September 1, 2024 2:42 AM

Idiots from the USA (the few who have a passport) who don’t understand that in many other countries, people are paid a living wage, and as such, tipping is not required.

by Anonymousreply 86September 1, 2024 3:57 AM

People on their first trip to another country who feel the need to share their stupidity on Insta with the rest of us regarding “Ten things that I don’t understand about English supermarkets” or “OMG the service in economy on Asian airlines - I got a whole can of Coke!” or “guys you won’t believe what coffee is like in Sydney - they still have Starbucks but nobody drinks it!”.

Stay at home you dumb basic cunt - nobody is interested.

by Anonymousreply 87September 1, 2024 4:35 AM

People from one country who go to another country and complain about or ignore established practices there because they think their way is the only way.

by Anonymousreply 88September 1, 2024 9:06 AM

A bit similar to R81, a woman I work with always has to tell me how exhausted she is from her two-hour walk, or riding her exercise bike. Or how hungry she is and how she had some tiny meal, earlier, that wasn't filling. But she's maintaining her weight. Or how she had to get up at dawn to do her exercises because her husband was going to the airport. Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 89September 1, 2024 12:35 PM

I'd rather keep it a secret, how much time it takes to maintain my weight, etc. I'd rather have people think it's effortless.

by Anonymousreply 90September 1, 2024 10:34 PM

[quote] Also, supermarkets, particularly in NYC where the aisles are so narrow it is impossible for a person to pass past someone else. And if a person is taking 30 minutes to decide what brand of canned peas she/he wants and you need to get past them, you're screwed.

And they stock shelves during opening hours so you have to navigate around pallets and boxes, and try not to trip and break your neck.

by Anonymousreply 91September 1, 2024 11:03 PM

Drunk people meandering in the bike lanes.

I get it; the lanes are right next to outdoor smoking and you want to stretch out. I can’t see you when you’re lying down. Plus, you’re wearing all black.

by Anonymousreply 92September 1, 2024 11:15 PM

R91 I worked in a big supermarket when I was young. As one of the senior stockpersons I would unload the boxes from the pallets in the storeroom onto trolleys and then send the trolleys onto the floor to drop the boxes for the juniors to unpack and shelf the items. Now I see people dragging out the mountainous pallets directly onto the shop floor. Worse the person moving the mountain often walks backwards. Pity the customer who is in their path.

by Anonymousreply 93September 1, 2024 11:24 PM

Fairway is the biggest offender here in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 94September 2, 2024 12:52 AM

When newspapers shut down comments on certain subjects.

But you're either in or you're out, everything is on the table or it isn't. The cynical bait and switch annoys the fuck out of me. (And for the record, I'd happily see comments sections sealed off forever. Why here you ask? Here makes me laugh, occasionally. Comments sections are typically humourless.)

by Anonymousreply 95September 2, 2024 1:37 PM

Bruh.

I look down on people who use this word so hard. You are basically worthless to me.

The overuse and improper use of the word literally is a close second.

by Anonymousreply 96September 2, 2024 11:41 PM

With “basically” a close third.

by Anonymousreply 97September 3, 2024 12:13 AM

People who ask questions on forums like the DL, which could easily and more quickly be answered by googling, especially when they have typed “I’m too lazy too look it up”.

Why is that?

by Anonymousreply 98September 4, 2024 2:59 AM

“To” not “too” - oh dearing myself.

by Anonymousreply 99September 4, 2024 3:24 AM

R87, indeed, and there is a plethora of videos of Europeans doing the same thing about their visits to America. It’s tiresome either way. Yes, we don’t include the sales tax in the posted price. Get over it and adapt. Nobody who lives here cares that you don’t like it.

by Anonymousreply 100September 4, 2024 8:39 AM

[quote]especially when they have typed “I’m too lazy too look it up”.

R98, I'm with you on that. It's the same when they blatantly misspell something and add "I know that's how it's spelled, but I don't feel like looking it up."

And, while we're at it, people who make videos about (say) a historical topic and then butcher the pronunciation of every name and place, adding "I'm sure I'm mispronouncing that." If you're going to the trouble of making the video, go to the trouble of looking up how to pronounce "Nebuchadnezzar".

by Anonymousreply 101September 4, 2024 8:49 AM

Shut your provincial whore mouth R100

by Anonymousreply 102September 4, 2024 8:50 AM

^^^"I know that's NOT how it's spelled ..."

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 103September 4, 2024 8:50 AM

The sound of lawn mowers, leaf blowers and weed whackers.

by Anonymousreply 104September 4, 2024 12:19 PM

The absurd, endless standing ovations at the Cannes and Venice film festivals.

by Anonymousreply 105September 4, 2024 2:23 PM

[quote] It annoys me when the women I work with wish each other "Happy Mother's Day!" around that day. My mom always said: The only person you should wish a happy Mother's Day to is your mother.

[quote] My sister was the first of us siblings to get married. When her anniversary rolled around, I was talking to our mom about what I should get Sis for an anniversary present. Mom said that anniversaries are for the couple to buy each other presents (not for me to be buying the couple a present).

Your mothers sound like wretched, thoughtless, nosy, anti-social cunts whose passings will be celebrated. 🎉

by Anonymousreply 106September 4, 2024 2:31 PM

“For sure” as used in interviews by athletes (especially tennis) players who speak English as a second language.

by Anonymousreply 107September 4, 2024 2:41 PM

R71 that might have been true. You might want it to be true now, but it is no longer their. The horse left the barn and the word usage morphed. That’s how language works, and evolves. You lost that battle a while ago.

Package store? Corner market? Korean market? Corner deli?

by Anonymousreply 108September 4, 2024 2:45 PM

no longer true*

by Anonymousreply 109September 4, 2024 2:46 PM

My GOUT- The Rheumatologist increased my daily dose of Allopurinol by 100 mg to a total of 400 mg per day yet beginning yesterday another bout of Gout appeared.

by Anonymousreply 110September 4, 2024 2:58 PM

" Would you like to sign up for our Rewards program?"

by Anonymousreply 111September 4, 2024 3:05 PM

Although we have your credit card details on file please enter this one time code to make payment.

by Anonymousreply 112September 4, 2024 3:08 PM

Chatty Cathys

by Anonymousreply 113September 4, 2024 3:15 PM

Shaved 🪒 Pubic Hair

Cock Rings

Tattoos

by Anonymousreply 114September 4, 2024 3:18 PM

Listen to Marlon Brando up there^

“Wadda ya got?”

by Anonymousreply 115September 4, 2024 3:42 PM

I'm for wishing everyone a Happy New Year, or whatever, because it's not a holiday for only some people. I work with at least 10 women, and the ones who are mothers wish each other a Happy Mother's Day. They don't, of course, wish it to the women who are married without children, or the other women without children. But I don't think, if there's any purpose to Mother's Day, it's so a lot of then can be exclusive and wish each other a happy holiday. That's why I think you should stick to saying it to your mom.

by Anonymousreply 116September 5, 2024 2:58 AM

Pronouns

by Anonymousreply 117September 5, 2024 3:29 AM

A DL one - a new comment I write doesn't immediately appear on the thread. Instead I get a notice on the watched threads so I have to click back onto the thread to see what I posted.

by Anonymousreply 118September 5, 2024 6:48 AM

That doesn't happen to me.

by Anonymousreply 119September 5, 2024 1:50 PM

^ It's annoying when people assume their experience is the only experience that has ever happened.

by Anonymousreply 120September 5, 2024 1:57 PM

When there’s a line anywhere and 1 lunatic, when they are next, stands 20 ft from the counter until he/she is called.

by Anonymousreply 121September 5, 2024 8:53 PM

How does that make that person a lunatic? Maybe they don't want to crowd the counter until called.

by Anonymousreply 122September 5, 2024 11:21 PM

R121, location matters. If this is at a pharmacy - practically the only place I wait in line these days - naturally I stand a little distance back to give the customer some privacy at the counter.

At other line-prone places, like the DMV, there's one line for multiple stations, so if I'm next, I'm waiting some distance away from the counter.

by Anonymousreply 123September 6, 2024 12:05 AM

R2 Black men certainly do. Where you live at?

by Anonymousreply 124September 6, 2024 12:10 AM

People who squeeze next to the machine you are on at the gym as a short cut trip rather than walking around to the pathway like everyone else. Please respect my personal space!

by Anonymousreply 125September 6, 2024 12:30 AM

In a magical world r124

by Anonymousreply 126September 6, 2024 1:24 AM

[quote]When there’s a line anywhere and 1 lunatic, when they are next, stands 20 ft from the counter until he/she is called.

If the cashier isn't ready to immediately ring the next person, it gives them a few seconds to finish whatever they're doing without the distraction of a customer unloading merch on the counter they may be using to retag items.

It also may be a regional habit- when/where I grew up, we waited until we were called, so I just assumed everybody did it and still often do it out of habit, although I generally start walking towards the counter as soon as I make eye contact with the cashier.

by Anonymousreply 127September 6, 2024 4:59 AM

[quote]R103: ^^^"I know that's NOT how it's spelled ..." Oh, dear. --R101

'Nebuchadnezzar' is the correct spelling.

by Anonymousreply 128September 6, 2024 5:44 AM

"It's annoying when people assume their experience is the only experience that has ever happened."

Spopken by bigots since the dawn of time.

by Anonymousreply 129September 6, 2024 6:04 AM

“alot” - I thought that this abomination was dying out, but it keeps popping up,

by Anonymousreply 130September 6, 2024 10:12 AM

"Everyday" (adjective) instead of "every day." As in "Happy birthday in heaven. I miss you everyday." Arrrrrrrrrrrghhhhh.

by Anonymousreply 131September 6, 2024 11:20 AM

“Everyday” IS the adjectival form of “every day.”

by Anonymousreply 132September 6, 2024 2:34 PM

Nobody sad that it’s not, R132.

by Anonymousreply 133September 6, 2024 4:04 PM

R71 haha. Because my ma’s people are Latino I grew up saying bodega just as you described but one point I had a big group of West Indian friends. One time we were in East Flatbush and my Guyanese beat friend was like this is Brooklyn, “it’s called the corner store”.

by Anonymousreply 134September 6, 2024 4:18 PM

Bodegas have cats.

by Anonymousreply 135September 6, 2024 4:22 PM

Whistling. This guy at my gym whistles constantly. It's so shrill and annoying. Shut up!

by Anonymousreply 136September 6, 2024 5:54 PM

Rusty Beck on Major Crimes. Worst gay tv character ever.

by Anonymousreply 137September 6, 2024 10:35 PM

I have misophonia for two specific sounds. One of them is whistling, R136. It sets me off and apart from anything else is just as invasive as people on speaker on their phone in public - nobody wants to hear it. I’ve asked people near me, such as in the office, not to do it. They usually say that they don’t know that they’re doing it.

The other sound is people chewing on their food really loudly. Oh, and one other - people talking with food in their mouth. As a consequence I find dinner parties unite challenging.

by Anonymousreply 138September 6, 2024 11:21 PM

“Quite” not “unite”.

I also find autocorrect annoying when I miss it.

by Anonymousreply 139September 6, 2024 11:23 PM

People who don't bother signalling when they're turning. Like, why should I? How does it benefit ME?

by Anonymousreply 140September 7, 2024 12:01 AM

On tonight's "Jeopardy!" repeat, Amy's chest hair was still clearly visible. Why didn't the producers digitally remove this prior to rebroadcast? Enough of this passive aggressive crap!

by Anonymousreply 141September 7, 2024 12:29 AM

Farah Fowler?

by Anonymousreply 142September 7, 2024 12:39 AM

R140 They should really be murdered as far as I’m concerned.

by Anonymousreply 143September 7, 2024 5:12 AM

R132 You appear to have misunderstood my post.

by Anonymousreply 144September 7, 2024 9:48 AM

As did everyone else, R144 - but I’m sure that you know what you meant, and that’s all that matters.

by Anonymousreply 145September 7, 2024 9:57 AM

R145 I explicitly stated that "everyday" was the adjectival form. And my point (and beef), as illustrated in the example provided, is that it's consistently misused. You do realize that "I miss you everyday" is incorrect, do you not?

"An everyday wardrobe" = correct.

"I miss you every day" = correct.

You're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 146September 7, 2024 10:10 AM

DEMETRIA OBILOR AND HER CONSTANT POSTING OF HERSLEF IN HORRIBLE OUTFITS THAT SHOW OFF HER FAT FUCKING HOCKS AND FUPA!

by Anonymousreply 147September 7, 2024 10:12 AM

What if you miss a Ho in day but not in night 🤨?

by Anonymousreply 148September 7, 2024 10:12 AM

When all car lanes are moving identically on a busy road and I momentarily leave a smidge of extra space to avoid tailgating, some twat invariably slips in thinking they’ve found an escape hatch.

by Anonymousreply 149September 7, 2024 10:38 AM

When I’m already driving faster than the speed limit, and some cunt behind me is still breathing down my neck because he wants to go even faster.

Bitch, you should be wayyyyy behind me, at an increasing distance!

by Anonymousreply 150September 7, 2024 11:04 AM

Yes of course R146!

by Anonymousreply 151September 7, 2024 11:46 AM

R121 You're annoying.

That isn't how I meant it. I just thought you might like to know it's not happening to everybody so maybe you should try to figure out why it's happing to you. And if it wasn't you who posted the original comment that's even more annoying.

by Anonymousreply 152September 7, 2024 1:21 PM

R90 I think it's a form of virtue signaling.

by Anonymousreply 153September 7, 2024 1:30 PM

People at crowded gas stations who leave their damn cars by the pump after they're done and waddle into the convenience store for snacks to stuff their faces, blocking access for the other cars waiting for their turn at the pump. Take two second and park it in the lot, lardasses.

by Anonymousreply 154September 7, 2024 1:42 PM

^*seconds

by Anonymousreply 155September 7, 2024 1:42 PM

Barnes and Noble used to give customers a lot of comfortable chairs so you could sit and read for hours and then they cut back and cut back and now you have to stand up reading for hours.

by Anonymousreply 156September 7, 2024 1:46 PM

I DID misunderstand r131’s post. I apologize.

by Anonymousreply 157September 7, 2024 2:10 PM

People in stores who suddenly appear and think saying “Excuse me” immediately entitles them to reach and interrupt what someone else is doing.

by Anonymousreply 158September 7, 2024 2:22 PM

Woman I used to work with: We would be having a one on one conversation, she would be giving me her full attention and vice-versa. Then another person would walk up and say hi, and she'd turn to talk to that person and ignore me from then on. Saw her again recently, at a get together, and she did the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 159September 7, 2024 2:29 PM

This thread has turned into a full-blown-cuntathon

by Anonymousreply 160September 7, 2024 4:28 PM

R157 Aww... Thanks. Happens to me too. Group hug.

by Anonymousreply 161September 7, 2024 4:34 PM

(HOC) Lane ONLY: High Occupancy Cunting

by Anonymousreply 162September 7, 2024 4:36 PM

Most of this thread…

by Anonymousreply 163September 7, 2024 4:54 PM

R157 don’t apologize. Fake it and cunt back…

by Anonymousreply 164September 7, 2024 4:55 PM

When you need help/advice with some repair type of thing, and go online to find an article or a video. And you just want the instructions or the advice. But the writer or YouTuber begins with "Back when I was growing up in Kentucky, we never had to worry about things like this, because my daddy..." Just tell me how to fix the problem.

by Anonymousreply 165September 8, 2024 4:43 PM

I have r165’s complaint about DL. If it’s a performance or people embarrassing themselves, video is fine but DL posters who use YouTube to report basic news events just seem like mouth-breathers.

by Anonymousreply 166September 8, 2024 6:30 PM

R165, also when you just want find a recipe on line and you get the entire life history of little, sweet grandma and how she smuggled the sourdough starter in her panties from the Old Country. Just give me the recipe.

by Anonymousreply 167September 9, 2024 10:37 AM

[quote]Woman I used to work with: We would be having a one on one conversation, she would be giving me her full attention and vice-versa. Then another person would walk up and say hi, and she'd turn to talk to that person and ignore me from then on. Saw her again recently, at a get together, and she did the same thing.

Do you live in Los Angeles, by any chance? This is a regular issue I have with Angelinos, who think I'm the rude one for feeling annoyed by people who enable interrupters.

by Anonymousreply 168September 10, 2024 3:38 AM

When people who can't mimic accents think that they can mimic accents. My sister thinks she can mimic an Australian accent and she can't.

When people think they can sing and they really sound unpleasant. E.g., Rajiv Surendra, who is talented at SO MANY different things. It's enviable. But his singing voice is unpleasant (IMO) and he insists on singing in his YouTube videos.

Rajiv is also not good at imitating accents.

by Anonymousreply 169September 10, 2024 3:44 AM

People who use the non-word "lil" rather than "little".

It's neither cute nor endearing.

by Anonymousreply 170September 10, 2024 4:09 AM

Or "liddle," R170.

As in Trump saying, "Liddle Adam Shiiit!"

by Anonymousreply 171September 10, 2024 4:19 AM

Angelenos!

by Anonymousreply 172September 10, 2024 11:09 AM

Those that rub up against your body as they pass you and don't apologize for invading your personal space. If I can feel it, so can you.

by Anonymousreply 173September 10, 2024 1:03 PM

This guy..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174September 10, 2024 1:35 PM

R170 li’l is a legitimate contraction of little.

by Anonymousreply 175September 10, 2024 3:00 PM

Oh, r169, I have a friend who does this, and it gets on my last nerve. Once I overheard her saying “actually, I’m kind of known for my accents,” and I had to restrain myself from saying “oh, honey, sure, but not how you think.”

by Anonymousreply 176September 10, 2024 3:58 PM

Talking at the breakfast table.

by Anonymousreply 177September 10, 2024 5:04 PM

People who take their dogs out for walk after work and practically strangle them when the dog wants to sniff at something. Look, bitch/bastard, you were at work for how many hours? You can give your dog a leisurely walk around the complex. Where I live, it's a condo complex with a circular street. Let the dog walk around a lap or two and enjoy the outdoors and sniff butts for a few minutes! Will it kill you?

There was one guy (who I haven't seen in a long time) who would grab the leash so hard, the dog would yelp. He damn near picked it up by the leash once or twice. It took all I had NOT to say something to him. It was a small dog, like a boxer or boxer mix.

by Anonymousreply 178September 10, 2024 6:49 PM

“Out the yingyang”

by Anonymousreply 179September 10, 2024 8:06 PM

R150 That's life in L.A., baby.

by Anonymousreply 180September 10, 2024 8:08 PM

Unsolicited political texts

by Anonymousreply 181September 10, 2024 8:13 PM

The continuing pretense that the mob of criminals known as the Republican party are actually a political party. They are not. They are a gang of mobsters who want to rob you, work you like a slave, and then kill you when it would cost them anything to keep you alive.

by Anonymousreply 182September 11, 2024 2:39 AM

At the grocery store: "Would you like to round up for children with cancer?"

Um no, I give enough to charity, and I'm not letting you have a tax break with my 35 cents.

by Anonymousreply 183September 11, 2024 7:07 AM

Child Abuse Prevention Month

by Anonymousreply 184September 11, 2024 7:10 AM

Women continue to insist upon wearing yoga pants and other workout clothes to nice restaurants.

I cringe every time I see it.

by Anonymousreply 185September 11, 2024 7:23 AM

^ You mean the customers or the waiters?

by Anonymousreply 186September 11, 2024 8:25 AM

R168 No, I don't live in Los Angeles.

It's not really enabling interrupting that I mind, it's that the person I was talking to just turns away to laser focus on the other person when I'm still standing there, doesn't include me in the new conversation or introduce me (if I don't know the person). Eventually I just have to walk away because I'm not going to stand there being annoyed.

by Anonymousreply 187September 11, 2024 12:42 PM

...and ignored.

by Anonymousreply 188September 11, 2024 2:52 PM

R159, I totally understand. I don't interrupt conversations just to say 'Hi' to someone. I've had people come up to me and say, "Why didn't you say hi when you walked by?" I tell them, I didn't want to interrupt your conversation. If you think I'm rude for not interrupting just to say good morning, that's on you.

by Anonymousreply 189September 11, 2024 3:10 PM

I don't think people understand I'm saying the person I was talking to was the rude one for interrupting her conversation with me, not the person who came by and said hi. That person was not interrupting, just joining the conversation. It's the woman I was talking to who then shuts me out of the conversation that bothers me.

by Anonymousreply 190September 11, 2024 3:13 PM

People that don't introduce people to each other.

I always do this. If I feel these 2 people don't really know each other (but they both know me), I'll introduce them.

Sometimes I think people just want their friends all to themselves.

I even had a "friend" (new in town) that I introduced to all of my friends. This bitch immediately started trying to become friends without all of my friends (and not including me). I

by Anonymousreply 191September 11, 2024 4:27 PM

Friends who propose to do something together (city trip, restaurant, going to the movies..) and then somehow try to turn you into the organiser "because you are so good at it".

Used to go along with it and do all the work. Now I turn around and say, "Why don't we both look for two good options..." or "let's have a video call tonight and we both look at Google Maps to see what destinations appeal to us".

by Anonymousreply 192September 11, 2024 4:35 PM

Selena Gomez’s speaking voice. It’s the embodiment of “I can’t even.”

by Anonymousreply 193September 11, 2024 4:39 PM

Morons, mainly on Facebook and X, starting some self-indulgent boring prose with "So..."

by Anonymousreply 194September 11, 2024 4:42 PM

The "demure" "trend."

by Anonymousreply 195September 11, 2024 4:46 PM

R195 I didn't think it was funny when that trend was barely one minute old

by Anonymousreply 196September 11, 2024 8:30 PM

Guys that I think of as being older than me and then I realize they're probably TEN years younger than me.

by Anonymousreply 197September 11, 2024 8:33 PM

r97 Good for you! I hope you a have a solid bowel movement soon.

by Anonymousreply 198September 12, 2024 2:22 AM

Totally agree, R198 - literally and basically, bruh.

by Anonymousreply 199September 12, 2024 2:30 AM

Got a new job 3 months ago and no one can spell my name. It’s not long, it’s not hard to spell. At first I thought it was passive-aggressive but I now believe they’re just idiots.

Also, people who zip behind you when you’re backing up in a parking lot.

by Anonymousreply 200September 12, 2024 2:54 AM

R159 were the Helloers men. I’m betting they were. She was probably fangurling.

by Anonymousreply 201September 12, 2024 3:17 AM

[quote]it's that the person I was talking to just turns away to laser focus on the other person when I'm still standing there

I was agreeing with you, R190. The person who stops talking to you enables the interrupter by reinforcing them with attention, and is even more annoying than the interrupter themselves.

by Anonymousreply 202September 14, 2024 1:58 AM

Stains that will not cum out of my favorite dresses no matter what I try.

by Anonymousreply 203September 14, 2024 8:05 AM

neighbors who leave their property in common areas like hallways in apartment buildings.

by Anonymousreply 204September 14, 2024 10:50 AM

That thing called a blinker has a function.

by Anonymousreply 205September 14, 2024 3:18 PM

Posters who fill these threads with complaints about other drivers or carts in the middle of the aisle at the supermarket. What a waste of time.

by Anonymousreply 206September 14, 2024 5:32 PM

unsolicited hall monitors

by Anonymousreply 207September 14, 2024 6:58 PM

People who play loud videos on their phone in coffee shops or restaurants.

by Anonymousreply 208September 14, 2024 7:04 PM

Pumpkin fucking spice.

Why is this such a cultural phenomenon? All the fraus are getting ready to cup cradle with the pumpkin spice lattes.

by Anonymousreply 209September 14, 2024 8:12 PM

Threads that never die.

Women.

by Anonymousreply 210September 14, 2024 8:20 PM

FAGS.

by Anonymousreply 211September 14, 2024 8:21 PM

The nonstop grubbing for political donations all summer- sometimes up to 20 calls/texts a day.

by Anonymousreply 212September 14, 2024 9:32 PM

R207 that was totally uncalled for.

by Anonymousreply 213September 14, 2024 9:41 PM

It was totally called for and will be roundly ignored. For some DLers, bossy boots is a sex life.

by Anonymousreply 214September 14, 2024 9:43 PM

Posters with no sense of humor^

by Anonymousreply 215September 14, 2024 9:47 PM

How my computer ear plug cord is always twisty.

by Anonymousreply 216September 14, 2024 9:59 PM

Front loading washing machines. They’re garbage.

by Anonymousreply 217September 15, 2024 12:48 AM

Hoarders and packrats. People who won't throw anything away, even something that's old and broken.

by Anonymousreply 218September 15, 2024 1:09 AM

Losing one of the rubber cushions from a pair of earbuds

by Anonymousreply 219September 15, 2024 3:15 AM

There is a woman in my neighbourhood whose sneezes sound like a high-pitched banshee.

I would prefer for her to keel over.

by Anonymousreply 220September 15, 2024 1:17 PM

Garrulity and gossip.

by Anonymousreply 221September 15, 2024 4:47 PM

Hearing the same crappy royalty-free music used over and over again in YouTube videos

by Anonymousreply 222September 16, 2024 2:49 AM

What do you expect? You have to pay to play.

by Anonymousreply 223September 16, 2024 2:50 AM

Today I went to Starbucks. The barista discovered no espresso was coming out of the machine, so she said it was broken. After I waiting in line to receive the refund, the manager came back from a break and the barista told her about the espresso machine. The manager went over, lifted the bean container off of its grinder base and put it back. Viola! Problem fixed.

Time and time again, I see someone from Gen Z display no critical thinking skills. They don't even attempt to address a problem. After my twenty minute wait, I received my drink. No apology from the barista...

by Anonymousreply 224September 16, 2024 7:13 PM

Cockrings

by Anonymousreply 225September 16, 2024 7:47 PM

Right now I’m stuck behind a frau waiting to check in for my appointment. She’s digging through her purse looking for her insurance card pulling out wadded tissues, pens, mints—all the time chatting with the receptionist so she is distracted slowing everything down.

The receptionist asks her to sign and initial forms and she has questions on how to do it. She then compliments the receptionist on his hair and outfit and still hasn’t signed her forms. I want to sucker punch her.

by Anonymousreply 226September 16, 2024 7:55 PM

When people on tv refer to Trump as President Trump. He's not the president anymore and hopefully it will stay that way.

by Anonymousreply 227September 16, 2024 8:35 PM

When you report some malfunctioning machine at the gym. Last week I reported a flickering fluro light and it's still flickering.

by Anonymousreply 228September 16, 2024 10:30 PM

I'm annoyed by people who are annoyed by things that don't really impact them in any significant way.

by Anonymousreply 229September 16, 2024 10:35 PM

When the ranch dressing turns out to be creamy Italian.

by Anonymousreply 230September 16, 2024 11:20 PM

All the white fur my dog has been shedding everywhere and she's a large dog. Unknown to her, she has an appointment with the groomer tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 231September 16, 2024 11:47 PM

R217 you are my future partner. Whoever invented machines like that— there isn’t a grease fire hot enough.

by Anonymousreply 232September 17, 2024 1:55 AM

R227 That’s always been common. Whenever someone becomes president that was their honorary title until eternity. It’s just weird now because we have a sitting President and we’ve never had a president to run again after having faced defeat.

by Anonymousreply 233September 17, 2024 2:00 AM

John Leguizamo. Just shut up already!

by Anonymousreply 234September 17, 2024 2:26 AM

[quote]The preponderance of people watching videos on their phones in public with the sound on.

[quote]People who play loud videos on their phone in coffee shops or restaurants.

Fuck! I'm so sick of these people!

by Anonymousreply 235September 17, 2024 6:26 AM

R230, I'm with you on this.

In our old office building, we had a very small cafeteria. It was actually 2 guys who cooked basic things like hamburgers and made sandwiches. There was a small salad bar I used to frequent. They didn't have those little plastic cups for salad dressing so you had to put the dressing on your salad bedore you left. I got all the way up to our third floor office to eat. One bite and I knew something was off. I thought the Ranch dressing had gone bad. Nope. Someone had refilled the bottle with BLEU CHEESE DRESSING!!! I hate BCD; tastes like Ivory Soap to me.

by Anonymousreply 236September 17, 2024 12:28 PM

R233 nobody calls Baeaxk president Obama

by Anonymousreply 237September 17, 2024 10:37 PM

Barack

by Anonymousreply 238September 17, 2024 10:37 PM

Most parking spaces are too narrow

by Anonymousreply 239September 17, 2024 10:49 PM

Banks that take too much ID before they put you on hold & then ask for the same ID once someone gets on the horn

by Anonymousreply 240September 17, 2024 10:50 PM

If you work in a service job or industry and get all kinds of questions or complaints and your customers don't understand the concept of triage. HELLO! The burning pile of shit in the lobby or crowdstrike disaster is going to get more attention than your minor inconvenience. Deal with it!

by Anonymousreply 241September 17, 2024 10:52 PM

The person who sits in front of me and reclines their seat all the way for the entire flight. Every fucking time.

by Anonymousreply 242September 17, 2024 10:54 PM

R240 I know it’s so annoying. What is the point of talking to that fkin AI bitch, and then the actual person comes on the line and asks you the same shit. One day I had a complete melt down coming off a weekend binge and flipped out after repeating the same info to the AI operator, human # 1, and human # 2. I told them all to die in a cancer radiated thermal oven. Once I calmed down and they helped me I did apologize however.

by Anonymousreply 243September 17, 2024 11:02 PM

Another motorist complaint - a driver stops too far back at a red light and proceeds to inch up until it turns green.

by Anonymousreply 244September 17, 2024 11:24 PM

When people don't GO when the light turns green.

by Anonymousreply 245September 17, 2024 11:42 PM

When people drive below the speed limit and when they see that mafuckin light change yellow they speed through the light. You cocksucking animal. You could have been driving faster the whole time.

by Anonymousreply 246September 17, 2024 11:46 PM

Every time I’m in line whether 1 person is in front of me or 5, there is always a problem. Always. Just once I’d like to stand in line and hear “next” 30 seconds later.

by Anonymousreply 247September 18, 2024 1:36 AM

When you get stuck in the left lane to pass a car because nobody will let you back in to the center lane.

by Anonymousreply 248September 18, 2024 1:50 AM

People who post lame lisp jokes on the Brady thread.

by Anonymousreply 249September 18, 2024 2:14 AM

You don't pass another car unless you actually have room to do so.

by Anonymousreply 250September 18, 2024 5:50 AM

R245, I don’t mind the first person hesitating briefly to be sure no one’s running the light. I mind all the people behind him who don’t follow promptly when does head off.

R246, you know they do that just to be irritating, right? I’m convinced of it.

by Anonymousreply 251September 18, 2024 7:43 AM

People who don’t know what they want at the movie theater concession stand until they’re standing in front of the clerk, even though they’ve been in line for 10 minutes and the menu hasn’t changed in 20 years. Then, apparently not having eaten for a week, they order enough food to feed an army.

by Anonymousreply 252September 18, 2024 7:44 AM

It annoys me that they have changed history. The Germans it seems never were involved in WW2. The allies did not fight Germany they fought Japan, Italy, and the Nazis.

A gutless take on history

by Anonymousreply 253September 19, 2024 11:31 AM

[quote]Let the dog walk around a lap or two and enjoy the outdoors and sniff butts for a few minutes!

I am sure that many a Datalounger engages in similar behavior for a lap or two.

by Anonymousreply 254September 19, 2024 11:38 AM

And the French were heroic resistance fighters and not Nazi-loving collaborators R253. And Japan had not been brutalizing China for ten years before Pearl Harbor.

by Anonymousreply 255September 19, 2024 12:25 PM

Those who go on and on about antibiotic resistance becoming worse and worse and deadlier and deadlier. Some even claiming that 40 million will die by 2050 from antibiotic resistance.

Hogwash

Not close to 40 million deaths , a whole million less. New research puts the number at a mere 39 million excess deaths from antibiotic resistance.

Just remember boys to do your part and take some antibiotic pills every time you have hook up sex.

by Anonymousreply 256September 19, 2024 12:45 PM

My dustbuster just fell off the counter but I didn't feel anything. Am I becoming desensitized to small earthquakes and or incipient building collapse?

by Anonymousreply 257September 19, 2024 1:26 PM

GPS that thinks I know how far 800 feet.

by Anonymousreply 258September 19, 2024 3:55 PM

Freaks in front of me in the coffee line who order "Venti Iced Caramel Macchiato with almond milk and an extra shot of espresso. Have the caramel drizzle divided equally in the bottom and on top of the foam, with light ice. Add 3 pumps of mocha syrup, 2 pumps of toffee nut syrup, and a sprinkle of cinnamon on top. Serve it in a grande cup with a separate cup of ice on the side and a packet of Sweet'N Low."

STAY HOME, WHORE

by Anonymousreply 259September 19, 2024 10:13 PM

Are the Kelce brothers going to be in every tv ad now?

by Anonymousreply 260September 19, 2024 11:08 PM

People who don’t use paragraph breaks in long replies

by Anonymousreply 261September 20, 2024 1:23 AM

^They seem to abhor punctuation, as well.

by Anonymousreply 262September 20, 2024 4:03 AM

Those complicated, frozen drinks from Starbucks seem like the perfect thing to order ... at Starbucks. (It's the kind of thing that's harder to make at home vs. a cup of hot coffee.) If all you want is a cup of coffee, why not make it at home or get it at Dunkin' Donuts or McDonald's.

by Anonymousreply 263September 20, 2024 4:11 AM

Also on GPS...

"Head east"

What am I, Coperni us?

by Anonymousreply 264September 20, 2024 6:11 AM

Mention of GPS reminds me - the death of good, detailed paper street maps. (ADC was the brand in my area.) Sometimes, I want to map out my route and get a sense of the entire area. Maybe I want to explore a bit, not just get from one place to another.

Do they still publish the Thomas Guides for LA? Those were great.

by Anonymousreply 265September 20, 2024 8:00 AM

Overdone auto-responses like “ma’am this is a Wendy’s.”

Chime in when you can come up with your own material instead of regurgitating shit you read on reddit. Grow a brain.

by Anonymousreply 266September 20, 2024 9:06 AM

R265 A lot of navigation systems give you the option to pick a route and to avoid motorways. I find that choosing this option usually takes me through charming villages and scenic spots.

I know it’s not the same thing, but if you haven’t tried it, give it a go!

by Anonymousreply 267September 20, 2024 10:12 AM

Very true, R267. My Dad lives in Orange County, NY. Instead of taking highways or paying tolls, we take a lot of back roads. We went to see him this past Saturday and it was a beautiful, relaxing hour and 15 minute drive each way. I had no idea how many farms there were going through northern NJ into NY state.

by Anonymousreply 268September 20, 2024 12:19 PM

Now that’s a clueless post^

NJ is the Truck Farm State

by Anonymousreply 269September 20, 2024 6:18 PM

R269, most of the farms are in southern and central NJ. I specifically mentioned those in northern NJ (Sussex County). NJ is the Garden State, not the 'Truck Farm State,' whatever the fuck that means. We have a few farm markets near where I live so I'm well aware there are farms in northern NJ.

by Anonymousreply 270September 20, 2024 7:51 PM

Yup, that’s how dumb they are in Jersey, folks —

by Anonymousreply 271September 20, 2024 8:39 PM

Reaction videos.

by Anonymousreply 272September 21, 2024 3:34 AM

People who are chronically late despite years of mockery, lecturing, and being left behind (as we are preparing to do now).

by Anonymousreply 273September 21, 2024 7:30 PM

You'd think after "years" you'd be used to it, R273, and either accept him as he is or drop him. He's not going to change. In fact, mockery and lectures is almost guaranteed to make him even later.

by Anonymousreply 274September 21, 2024 10:16 PM

You can’t change him —you can change your attitude towards him

by Anonymousreply 275September 21, 2024 10:19 PM

r274 and r275 chronically late!

by Anonymousreply 276September 22, 2024 11:49 AM

You give the person that is usually late a time to arrive that is 30 minutes earlier than everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 277September 22, 2024 5:41 PM

I tried that, R277 — and then all of a sudden they are on time, and mad that they had to wait 30 minutes for you

by Anonymousreply 278September 22, 2024 10:29 PM

Nosy neighbors who play gatekeeper, watching your comings and goings. Get your own life!

by Anonymousreply 279September 22, 2024 10:32 PM

And, r278, they use that one time they were on time as evidence that they’re not habitually late!

by Anonymousreply 280September 23, 2024 7:19 PM

Exactly, R278. Chronically late people love to find one example when they weren't.....and exagerrate it to 'both sides' the debate.

by Anonymousreply 281September 23, 2024 7:42 PM

Shhh R270 let’s keep R269 confined to the Turnpike.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282September 23, 2024 9:54 PM

Truck farms are why it’s known as the Garden State.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283September 23, 2024 11:00 PM

Don’t they teach you history in NJ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284September 23, 2024 11:04 PM

The source of the Garden State’s nickname

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285September 23, 2024 11:07 PM

JFC, people! Way to beat a dead horse. THERE ARE FARMS EVERYWHERE IN THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY!!!!!! I rarely have any reason to drive through Sussex or Warren County so YES! I was surprised. I've spent pletny of tine travelling through central and southern NJ so I was more familiar with that part of the state.

Happy now?

Things that annoy me? People who just can't let things go. See. R282, R283, R284.

by Anonymousreply 286September 24, 2024 12:12 PM

People without basic knowledge of their own state.

by Anonymousreply 287September 24, 2024 12:19 PM

Gays in the gym constantly hopping from one machine to another and back

by Anonymousreply 288September 24, 2024 1:07 PM

They call that circuiting. I call it machine hogging.

by Anonymousreply 289September 24, 2024 3:29 PM

[quote] People who are chronically late despite years of mockery, lecturing, and being left behind (as we are preparing to do now).

People who enable late people: "Let's give him 15 minutes more." Fuck that.

by Anonymousreply 290September 24, 2024 4:20 PM

Close talkers, low talkers and loud talkers.

by Anonymousreply 291September 24, 2024 4:46 PM

Everyone got a dog during the Pandemic, and now my neighborhood is a fucking kennel.

by Anonymousreply 292September 24, 2024 4:54 PM

No one outside of the NY archdiocese gives a rat’s ass.

by Anonymousreply 293September 24, 2024 4:56 PM

Dust.

by Anonymousreply 294October 4, 2024 12:52 AM

Idiots on the WalkAway tiktoks. A dumber group of people I have never seen. And I used to volunteer at a state mental hospital.

by Anonymousreply 295October 4, 2024 2:59 AM

To R68, Well, Kate is the biggest whore west of the Mississippi River. Seriously, Jezebel, Harlot, Whore of Babylon.

And she can't fucking sing& her moms has had the same hair style since 1968.

by Anonymousreply 296October 4, 2024 3:10 AM

That my dentist wants me, someone on provincial disability, (I get $1535 monthly, rent is $1205) to pay $50 for a basic cleaning is fucking outrageous.

The gov't should be covering that like [bold]used to

by Anonymousreply 297October 4, 2024 7:08 AM

I was kind of annoyed at work, today, that the people who insisted on a meeting (short notice) "showed up" for the Zoom, but refused to turn on their cameras (I've never met these people in person, so I don't know what they look like). My coworkers and I switched on our cameras. After a while, I turned off my camera, as well.

This was a 2-hour meeting and these fuckers who wanted the meeting kept their cameras off.

Is that normal?

by Anonymousreply 298October 4, 2024 7:19 AM

How large was the meeting, R298? It's usual in large meetings for people who aren't presenting or moderating to keep their cameras off.

In a small meeting these days, leaving your camera off is rude in most circumstances, but sometimes (for example, you're in your car or waiting at the airport), it's necessary.

by Anonymousreply 299October 4, 2024 8:18 AM

Many are probably getting blowjobs during Zoom.

by Anonymousreply 300October 4, 2024 2:48 PM

For some reason, when I click on a YT link, I get rounds of ads that I can't stop. I have to go back, click on the link, go back, click on the link, repeat, until I can actually watch what I want to watch.

by Anonymousreply 301October 4, 2024 3:55 PM

It annoys me that I allow things to annoy me. Getting annoyed solves nothing, it serves no purpose, nothing positive comes from it. Most of the challenges in life don't annoy us, we just deal with them, why do we allow this or that random thing to get under our skin so much.

by Anonymousreply 302October 4, 2024 4:06 PM

r302 you said it!

by Anonymousreply 303October 4, 2024 4:14 PM

I try to follow stoicism, which holds that one of the few things under our control is our reaction to stuff. While I'm a long way from not letting stuff get to me, I'm getting a lot better at asking myself: Is this feeling doing me any good? The answer is usually obvious and it gets easier to push it aside having acknowledged it's pointless to feel it.

by Anonymousreply 304October 4, 2024 4:19 PM

R299, it was around 8 people. 4 from my side and 4 from their side. Like I said, it was short notice, at their urging. They needed our help.

When possible, I like to leave my camera off, but this was just odd. They also were very looong winded.

by Anonymousreply 305October 4, 2024 4:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!