Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Are washcloths only for poor people?

Do you use one? Know anyone who does? Is it for the poors?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200August 27, 2024 8:19 PM

I use washcloths. I grew up using them in my family home.

I thought everyone used them till one day in grade school I spent the night at a friend's house.

by Anonymousreply 1August 24, 2024 9:24 PM

I grew up using them. Still have them in the bathroom but mostly don't them anymore.

by Anonymousreply 2August 24, 2024 9:25 PM

I keep some in my nightstand

by Anonymousreply 3August 24, 2024 9:29 PM

As cumrags

by Anonymousreply 4August 24, 2024 9:30 PM

I use a linen cloth that helps slough off dead skin and lather. If you hang it in the sun, baby jjebus sanitizes it.

by Anonymousreply 5August 24, 2024 9:36 PM

I wash my face with one nightly.

by Anonymousreply 6August 24, 2024 9:37 PM

Who are the two obnoxious imbeciles on that video? They should know that classy, old money people would NEVER talk about "the poor" and their habits in public, especially in a disparaging manner. It makes you look like a tacky nouveau riche desperate to differentiate yourself from the people in your pre-wealthy social circle, which is shamefully petty and reeks of insecurity. Truly upper class people are sure of their position, so they don't need to behave in such an undignified manner.

With that said, a loofah or sponge will suffice, but washcloths are preferable to just using your hands, as you need to wash away crystallized minerals and oils from sweat, as well as skin cells. Your hand alone cannot achieve that. Apparently, being classless and stupid go hand in hand, and that is why these two idiots are stupid enough to vomit out all this nonsense right in front of the entire planet.

by Anonymousreply 7August 24, 2024 9:48 PM

My gym provides towels...bath-sized and hand towels. You pick folded, clean ones out of laundry baskets as you check in. I always use one of the hand towels as a washcloth. The gym also provides soap, shampoo, and conditioner in dispensers in each shower stall, but I bring my own bottle of soap...Ax or Dove. Using the hand towel as a wash cloth lets me lather up really well.

At home, I use a wash cloth to wash my face.

Who are the morons at OP? They don't know what they're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 8August 24, 2024 9:48 PM

Love a good soft flannel (wash cloth). Great for removing dead skin etc. JD Vance must use one to get rid of his eye make-up each night?

by Anonymousreply 9August 24, 2024 9:56 PM

[quote]JD Vance must use one to get rid of his eye make-up each night

I'm guessing that JD's a Coets gal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 24, 2024 10:00 PM

Washcloths are an essential part of good hygeine, and anyone who doesn't use one needs immediate education and rehabilitation.

by Anonymousreply 11August 24, 2024 10:01 PM

R10, silly me, of course.

by Anonymousreply 12August 24, 2024 10:03 PM

We may be poor but at least we are clean!

by Anonymousreply 13August 24, 2024 10:26 PM

I use a washcloth to wash my face in the morning and another one at night.

I also use three, yes three, washcloths in the shower. Upper body, lower body and feet. Scrub your feet people! I have a separate extra-long back washing cloth.

Snark away!

by Anonymousreply 14August 24, 2024 10:26 PM

I use one of those Japanese silicone scrubber things, which I get on Amazon. They're very hygenic and they get you squeaky clean.

Always trust the Japanese when it comes to cleanliness and hygiene.

by Anonymousreply 15August 24, 2024 10:48 PM

Do you people re-use washcloths or do you use a clean one each time you shower?

by Anonymousreply 16August 24, 2024 10:50 PM

The Japanese also have a soap for old people nonenal smell available on Amazon. It's made from persimmons.

by Anonymousreply 17August 24, 2024 10:52 PM

Is DL only for morons?

by Anonymousreply 18August 24, 2024 10:54 PM

r18 you need a good douche.

by Anonymousreply 19August 24, 2024 10:55 PM

I use a fresh, clean washcloths each time I shower. I'm not recycling dead skin cells.

I have two dozen washcloths.

I wash all the washcloths separately in a hot cycle to get all that dead skin off.

I also use a fresh bath towel to dry off after every shower. I have a dozen bath towels.

by Anonymousreply 20August 24, 2024 10:56 PM

If you don’t use a washcloth, your neck is dirty and behind your ears probably smells like cheese.

by Anonymousreply 21August 24, 2024 10:58 PM

Dermatologists will tell you that towels are unsanitary and magnets for bacteria. And I would never use a towel provided by a gym. You don't know how well those are washed and could be teeming with staph and other bacteria and viruses. You could be using the same towel that another gym member used to wipe their pubic area just hours before.

by Anonymousreply 22August 24, 2024 11:02 PM

I remember in high school learning most whites don’t use wash clothes. Complete mind fuck.

by Anonymousreply 23August 24, 2024 11:04 PM

R19 I ask because I see a plethora of idiots here.

by Anonymousreply 24August 24, 2024 11:05 PM

R22, gym towels reek of bleach and the heat of the dryer kills anything the bleach missed.

Do you bring your own sheets and towels to hotels?

by Anonymousreply 25August 24, 2024 11:05 PM

Gyms are pretty stringent about laundering towels. Every gym I've ever been to washes their towels in hot water with a shitload of bleach.

by Anonymousreply 26August 24, 2024 11:08 PM

I thought washcloths were only used by old people. They seem really old-timey to me.

by Anonymousreply 27August 24, 2024 11:08 PM

Everyone uses washcloths, only an idiots filthy one wouldnt

by Anonymousreply 28August 24, 2024 11:09 PM

r28 there are other things besides washcloths to wash with.

by Anonymousreply 29August 24, 2024 11:10 PM

Ok, so the reason not to use a washcloth is that your body has a natural layer of protection against bacteria and viruses and such called the horny layer(yes really). Scrubbing with a wash cloth depletes this layer more than bare hands.

Also while bathing carries benefits of removing potentially harmful things from your skin and is necessary for social interaction studies have found it doesn't really have a large effect on bacteria. So using bare hands is more beneficial health wise since you're possibly making yourself more vulnerable to infection by using a cloth.

by Anonymousreply 30August 24, 2024 11:13 PM

I grew up using washcloths and provide them for guests which get used.

I use wash gloves now to exfoliate.

by Anonymousreply 31August 24, 2024 11:14 PM

You tell yourself that, r30

by Anonymousreply 32August 24, 2024 11:29 PM

No, I'm not poor and didn't grow up poor and I use a washcloth. If I wash my face without one, water runs down my arms and gets all over; the washcloth absorbs.

by Anonymousreply 33August 24, 2024 11:34 PM

Who the fuck cares as long as your fucking ass takes a shower! Losers!

by Anonymousreply 34August 24, 2024 11:37 PM

I don’t care if you fucking dental floss in the shower as long as you wash your fucking crevice!!

by Anonymousreply 35August 24, 2024 11:38 PM

DL is not the place to come to for body hygiene advice.

by Anonymousreply 36August 24, 2024 11:38 PM

Never used one, OP.

Now, a worshrag, yes.

by Anonymousreply 37August 24, 2024 11:39 PM

I haven’t used one since I was 12.

by Anonymousreply 38August 24, 2024 11:41 PM

When I was a kid and poor, we had washcloths. Now I am neither, so definitely don’t use them.

by Anonymousreply 39August 24, 2024 11:53 PM

R30 That’s exactly why I stopped using them. But wash clothes were big in black and Puerto Rican households when I was coming up.

by Anonymousreply 40August 24, 2024 11:56 PM

I would guess wash clothes came about before people had running water and therefore needed to clean oneself more thoroughly. Blacks probably still continued to use wash clothes after slavery because many were sharecroppers, ie only lowly paid slaves, and had to wash that body after working outside all mafuckin day.

by Anonymousreply 41August 24, 2024 11:59 PM

Washcloths for the face only.

I know some people think that using washcloths in the shower is the only way to get clean - which is nonsense. Particularly when they leave he washcloths in there to re-use. Fucking nasty.

This is a contentious debate because people who use washcloths in the shower are adamant it's better - even though those things are bacteria magnets.

by Anonymousreply 42August 25, 2024 12:01 AM

Guess what? You can LAUNDER and DRY a washcloth.

by Anonymousreply 43August 25, 2024 12:05 AM

What is the name of the bald headed dude?

by Anonymousreply 44August 25, 2024 12:06 AM

Wash Cloth Trick From Reddit For Big Hair People:

Hi, do you suffer from TV preacher hair? Does your hair wake up and wave a half hour before you do? In the old days when we had carts with square wheels and Mop&Glo was an anal lubricant as well as a floor coating, you had to thoroughly shampoo, lather, and rinse your hair to get the dents out.

However, A wrung-out washcloth, steaming from a soak in very hot water, placed on top of the head and left in place while attending to dentifrice and shaving - Your hair will be moisturized and manageable! Yay, you billy-goat headed person too lazy to jump in the shower.

by Anonymousreply 45August 25, 2024 12:14 AM

I use a clean one every time I shower because I wash my asshole with it.

by Anonymousreply 46August 25, 2024 12:19 AM

Soap, used with a washcloth, rinses the brown word away, R46. That washcloth is clean once you rinse it properly. You may re-use it. Of course, fancy people probably have a drying rack for shit rags so that they don’t cross-contaminate other dirty linens and clothingses. I imagine wealthy people have a person who hands them a top body washcloth, followed by a brown lower body washcloth. Perhaps the bathing aide also shaves testicles….

by Anonymousreply 47August 25, 2024 12:38 AM

[quote] and had to wash that body after working outside all mafuckin day.

Can you just STOP?! Seriously! I'm African American and I don't even text my friends dumb made up words like "mafuckin" just stop it already R41. While its true that many of us use slang in our speech, you seem to go out of your way to dumb your posts down to SNL levels of parody. Its why most of us here don't think you are who you claim you are. It's too over the top.

by Anonymousreply 48August 25, 2024 12:42 AM

We may be poor but we don’t use a dirty ass washcloth more than once before laundering it.

by Anonymousreply 49August 25, 2024 12:44 AM

Something like this is pure DL catnip

Like the epic flame war many years ago when people were fighting over whether or not soccer moms shopped at JC Penney

by Anonymousreply 50August 25, 2024 12:45 AM

R48 I don’t give a fuck what people think. I will never stop being me.

by Anonymousreply 51August 25, 2024 12:47 AM

Middle Class Person: “I haven’t been able to bathe for two days; my ball shaver called off sick.”

by Anonymousreply 52August 25, 2024 12:50 AM

Only if you call it a warshcloff

by Anonymousreply 53August 25, 2024 12:57 AM

Lemme guess r27, you don’t sleep with a top sheet either.

by Anonymousreply 54August 25, 2024 1:18 AM

r54 I sleep on top of a down comforter with a blanket over me. I haven't used proper bedsheets since I was a kid.

by Anonymousreply 55August 25, 2024 1:26 AM

They exfoliate without pain.

by Anonymousreply 56August 25, 2024 1:29 AM

Yes I use a washcloth. And top sheets. I wasn’t raised in a barn.

by Anonymousreply 57August 25, 2024 1:32 AM

[quote]Yes I use a washcloth. And top sheets. I wasn’t raised in a barn.

The things that DLers consider class markers always make me laugh. Persnickety old prisspots who live in some bizarre past. They're still pissed that people don't dress formally when they fly on planes: "Mother would be appalled! Appalled I tell you!"

by Anonymousreply 58August 25, 2024 1:34 AM

R58, bed some guy who doesn’t use a top sheet. Odds are that his pillows are going to smell of hair. And he could be a midnight booger roller. Nasty habits snowball (and he probably can’t snowball).

by Anonymousreply 59August 25, 2024 1:36 AM

r59 you're kissing him on the mouth, sucking his dick and eating his ass. A few hairs on the pillow really shouldn't be a concern.

by Anonymousreply 60August 25, 2024 1:43 AM

Put a blanket or comforter on the mattress and use that instead of a top sheet. WTF are these fussy queens bitching about that not having a tip sheet is some awful unsanitary abomination? Your body isn't touching the bare mattress.

by Anonymousreply 61August 25, 2024 1:44 AM

Oh dear

by Anonymousreply 62August 25, 2024 1:46 AM

The DL prisspots are in a league of their own, with their bizarre opinions.

by Anonymousreply 63August 25, 2024 1:47 AM

Lawdy, these piss-elegant Datalounge queens...Horrified by washcloths, but, they head on down to Provincetown, crawl under the Dick Dock & gnaw the anal warts off of monkeypox carriers.

by Anonymousreply 64August 25, 2024 1:49 AM

I like the feel of smooth, soft sheets against my naked body. Top and bottom.

by Anonymousreply 65August 25, 2024 1:52 AM

If you use both top and fitted sheets, it’s easier to isolate the jizz odor next day. Rolling your top sheet over your comforter saves you three dryer cycles.

by Anonymousreply 66August 25, 2024 2:08 AM

R61 is posting from his dirty old mattress under the freeway.

To make a bed: mattress pad over mattress. Fitted sheet over mattress pad. Flat sheet over fitted sheet. Top with blanket:/comfortor/duvet/quilt. Wash your ass with a washcloth before getting in bed and wash your sheets at least every two weeks.

by Anonymousreply 67August 25, 2024 2:10 AM

Pillow too, R67! Remind them to wash the pillows! I don’t want to bite your nicotine-scented French grain sack pillow! My un-hushed screams are not sexy!

by Anonymousreply 68August 25, 2024 2:20 AM

[quote] I will never stop being me

With all those different personalities in your head you don't even know who you are.

by Anonymousreply 69August 25, 2024 2:21 AM

Warsh-cloths

by Anonymousreply 70August 25, 2024 2:22 AM

R70, you can say you’re here to warsh somebody’s vagina. It’s ok. It’s also funny.

by Anonymousreply 71August 25, 2024 2:25 AM

Iowa R70?

by Anonymousreply 72August 25, 2024 2:26 AM

[quote]is posting from his dirty old mattress under the freeway.

Actually from my house in Fairfield County which you could likely never afford. I don't do my own laundry.

I can picture you making that fussy bed with Mother over your shoulder, berating you for not doing it right.

by Anonymousreply 73August 25, 2024 2:49 AM

I use my hand. Once a week, I use a body scrub for exfoliation.

by Anonymousreply 74August 25, 2024 2:50 AM

[quote]Wash your ass with a washcloth before getting in bed and wash your sheets at least every two weeks.

Two weeks? That's gross. And no one I know uses washcloths. Get a silicone scrubber, a flat body scrubber or an organic Egyptian loofah. They're more hygenic and get you really clean.

by Anonymousreply 75August 25, 2024 2:52 AM

R74, just the one hand?

by Anonymousreply 76August 25, 2024 2:53 AM

This is why we can’t have publicly funded baths. You are supposed to clean up before joining others in the pool. Too many people do not observe reasonable hygiene protocol.

I want to get naked with ugly people and you’re making it unpossible.

by Anonymousreply 77August 25, 2024 2:56 AM

So if you don't use a washcloth, do you stick your silicon body scrubber or loofah up your ass or just use your bare hand? Or maybe you don't bother cleaning your crack?

by Anonymousreply 78August 25, 2024 3:01 AM

^^what an idiotic question

by Anonymousreply 79August 25, 2024 3:03 AM

No washcloth since my skin went dry with medications, just soap only my hair, pits, groin, and feet, let the water wash the rest.

by Anonymousreply 80August 25, 2024 3:05 AM

We use scrubs or sponges or just hands in Europe. I've only ever seen black Americans use them on TV. So yeah, it's for poor people.

by Anonymousreply 81August 25, 2024 3:08 AM

I always laugh when I see lower class people make pronouncements about what the poors do or pretend they know how actual wealthy people behave, use, or believe.

by Anonymousreply 82August 25, 2024 3:08 AM

[quote]Actually from my house in Fairfield County which you could likely never afford. I don't do my own laundry.

Well, smell you!

by Anonymousreply 83August 25, 2024 3:16 AM

[quote] Get a silicone scrubber, a flat body scrubber or an organic Egyptian loofah. They're more hygenic and get you really clean

How are they more hygienic? Do you put them in the wash after each use?

Washcloths do the job just fine. If you go to any home goods department and specialty stores there are plenty of them. They also replace them daily when you stay in a hotel. People from all walks of life and means do use them.

by Anonymousreply 84August 25, 2024 3:26 AM

[quote]People from all walks of life and means do use them.

I don't think so. See r81's post.

by Anonymousreply 85August 25, 2024 3:30 AM

In my country, owning a washcloth is a symbol of great wealth and power.

by Anonymousreply 86August 25, 2024 4:00 AM

[quote] We use scrubs or sponges or just hands in Europe. I've only ever seen black Americans use them on TV. So yeah, it's for poor people.

Speak on Europe and Europe only you racist cunt. With all the crap going on over there from the pathetic housing crisis and white europeans quickly being replaced by Muslims, you have no business calling anyone "Poor." Unless we are talking about your poor attempt at edgy humor. You dont know shit about black americans. Stick with the limited things you know about R81.

by Anonymousreply 87August 25, 2024 4:06 AM

I've also heard that washcloths are a black thing.

by Anonymousreply 88August 25, 2024 4:08 AM

Warsh rag

by Anonymousreply 89August 25, 2024 4:10 AM

This seems to be one of those new debates. I think some people tried to make it a race issue; now, it's a class issue. I use a washcloth mainly because my Mom and Dad used washcloths. Currently, I only use a washcloth to wash my hole. I mostly use a brush with that special sponge on the end that makes the body wash foamy.

by Anonymousreply 90August 25, 2024 4:15 AM

I grew up in the South. We always used them. Towel sets typically included them. I take washcloths with me every time I travel abroad as they are not common outside of the US.

by Anonymousreply 91August 25, 2024 4:17 AM

R88 It’s definitely very common in our households. Less so since body wash rather than bar soap has become common. Even my half Latino mom, whose culture is definitely not AA still uses them.

by Anonymousreply 92August 25, 2024 4:19 AM

I wash myself with a rag on a stick

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93August 25, 2024 4:19 AM

I don't want a damp,moldy cloth full of hair and dead skin hanging out in my bathroom. That's fucking gross.

by Anonymousreply 94August 25, 2024 4:20 AM

My mom would wash our wash clothes daily in the sink with bleach.

by Anonymousreply 95August 25, 2024 4:23 AM

Wow that's ghetto

by Anonymousreply 96August 25, 2024 4:32 AM

I approve of washcloths as long as they are well made and coordinated with both the hand towels and bath towels. I do not approve of the free ones that came in boxes of detergent back in the '60s which apparently some people hung on to these floral print monstrosities!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97August 25, 2024 6:12 AM

Washcloth here, 100%. And none of that body scrub shit. A good moisturizing soap. Get the washcloth wet, lather it up with soap and start from upper body down. No need to scrape your skin with it as though you're trying to remove a food stain from the oven. Just gentle run the washcloth over your skin and then rinse. Shampoo hair afterwards. I don't use a washcloth to wash my ass however. That's strange. That demands a separate cleaning using shampoo and a finger. In this I am unanimous. Washcloths are NEVER reused. They are laundered after every use. Towels, on the other hand, are used AFTER you have just cleaned your body. They can be used two or even three times, but only in dry climates. In humid climates, twice at the most.

by Anonymousreply 98August 25, 2024 7:07 AM

I have two tupes of them. One for cleaning my face and body in that order (then into the laundry hamper.) I use them about half the time I bathe or shower. The other a big stack of cheap cotton was cloths that I keep stuck away in the kitchen and bathrooms at the ready for spills and cleaning chores (not my face.)

For both purposes I use them once only and then they go into the laundry.

by Anonymousreply 99August 25, 2024 7:45 AM

R96 Is it ghettoer than a white refrigerator?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100August 25, 2024 8:03 AM

R61, I assume you mean “put it on the bottom sheet”. Anyway, if the comforter is next to your body every night, it has to be washed as often as a sheet would be. If you have a maid who does your laundry, well, nice. Most people who don’t use a top sheet use a duvet with a duvet cover. The cover is washed the same way and as often as a sheet would be.

Anyway, I use sheets, top and fitted, because I like the way they feel. I use a washcloth on my face (just the face) because my face feels cleaner afterward. I don’t know and don’t care if it actually is cleaner. It feels nicer, and that’s a good enough reason. The snob-based arguments here are hilarious; nothing could be more middle-class than choosing which linens and bath towels to use based on whether they seem more or less “poor”.

by Anonymousreply 101August 25, 2024 8:34 AM

We haven't a great DL debate this spicy in years and years!

by Anonymousreply 102August 25, 2024 8:39 AM

I have stacks of cotton washcloths and stacks of microfibre cloths. I also have stacks of cotton muslin towels and stacks of sturdy kitchen towels.

I go through many many every week.

Microfibre stays better if it's never washed with cotton.

I wash cotton at very high temps.

All cloths are mostly used once then hung to dry over night then put in the laundry basket. I only do laundry once a week.

Kitchen towels are used for week, however or until they get gunked up if its sooner.

by Anonymousreply 103August 25, 2024 8:48 AM

I use separate flannel washcloths for face and body, and they go into a boil wash after one use. I have tons of them, and my skin always looks good. Those two in the video are snooty bitches.

by Anonymousreply 104August 25, 2024 8:56 AM

Stacks and stacks of all kinds of towels yet kitchen towels get changed once a week or until gunked up?

I don’t get it. Even I change my kitchen towel (yes, just the one) more often than once a week.

by Anonymousreply 105August 25, 2024 8:57 AM

I have several kitchen towels around the kitchen, that's why. I don't use the towels for anything but drying dishes and my hands.

Cloths that are used for cleaning dirty things and people get washed after one use. How dirty is a clean dish?

by Anonymousreply 106August 25, 2024 9:02 AM

How dirty is a body that just came out of a shower? Yet DLers are boiling their bath towels after each use.

by Anonymousreply 107August 25, 2024 9:04 AM

Agreed, R106. That's what paper towels are for.

by Anonymousreply 108August 25, 2024 9:28 AM

[quote]How dirty is a clean dish?

I only use paper plates and plastic utensils at home, so I don't have to worry about that.

by Anonymousreply 109August 25, 2024 11:12 AM

R109. And you only order takeout too because that is the only way your post makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 110August 25, 2024 11:26 AM

[quote] And you only order takeout too because that is the only way your post makes sense.

I mostly use plastic utensils and paper plates at home too. I don't order takeout all the time.

by Anonymousreply 111August 25, 2024 11:31 AM

Why do they always smell like Trump’s ass?

by Anonymousreply 112August 25, 2024 11:41 AM

R112 You sound bout as weird and Trump and them.

by Anonymousreply 113August 25, 2024 12:07 PM

ESL?

by Anonymousreply 114August 25, 2024 12:09 PM

R114 Estupido Shit Language bitch. That’s enough ESL for yah? Ima fkin scholar. You could never come for me on an intellectual stance.

by Anonymousreply 115August 25, 2024 12:23 PM

R48, I love you! 💯

by Anonymousreply 116August 25, 2024 12:27 PM

Holy fuck, R58, ever hear of a joke? Part of coming on DL is not taking shit so seriously. I may be an old prisspot, but that must make you a humorless Gen Z.

by Anonymousreply 117August 25, 2024 12:32 PM

[quote] You could be using the same towel that another gym member used to wipe their pubic area just hours before.

Only if you're lucky.

by Anonymousreply 118August 25, 2024 3:48 PM

It takes the washcloth from the basket or else it gets the hose again.

by Anonymousreply 119August 25, 2024 3:53 PM

[quote,]You could be using the same towel that another gym member used to wipe their pubic area just hours before.

Of course it wash used on someone's pubic area. The pubic area was wet and the towel used to dry off, no? Or so people where you come from was their pubic area with a stick and then incinerate it immediately? And do you think, instead of "just hours before," it would be better if the towel had wiped someone's pubic area days before and sat in a fetid pile of soiled towels for the better part of a week before washing?

by Anonymousreply 120August 25, 2024 4:12 PM

How do you exfoliate without a washcloth? I just wouldn't feel clean.

by Anonymousreply 121August 25, 2024 4:22 PM

The Neighborhood sitcom addressed the washcloth issue with black Tichina Arnold and white Beth Behrs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122August 25, 2024 4:25 PM

People who use wash clothes—do you launder them after every use? Seems like a lot of work. And if you don’t—ew.

by Anonymousreply 123August 25, 2024 4:36 PM

Yes, r123 I launder after every use and I launder them separately and in hot water.

After I get out of shower, I wring out washcloth very well and hang it in shower so it isn't bunched up but rather flat. The next day before I get in the shower, I take the dry cloth from yesterday and toss it in hamper and replace with fresh one.

I have 24 wash cloths so plenty to get me through the week.

by Anonymousreply 124August 25, 2024 4:43 PM

Yall all mafuckin full of shit. We was rich af and my granny had stacks of washcloths in every bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 125August 25, 2024 4:43 PM

Adding: I don't use a washcloth on my ass crack. I use my lathered-up hand.

Additionally, I don't have a bidet so I use several wet wipes after a BM so my ass is not actually dirty when I get in the shower DAILY.

by Anonymousreply 126August 25, 2024 4:46 PM

Washcloths for the face are great for removing soap and moisturizers/sun screen. Splashing your face with water is really messy - and you still need to dry off.

But you're not supposed to exfoliate your whole body every day - even with a gentle use of a washcloth.

Some of you claim to use a fresh washcloth each shower - but I've never seen anyone do that in reality. Most people think - well, it's just soap on the cloth, I can re-use it again.

The added laundry for the shower washcloths would be too much for me - plus the mildew smell creeps in on those small wet cloths very quickly.

by Anonymousreply 127August 25, 2024 4:56 PM

R127 you inspect peoples laundry? I know most of the people in this thread who say they use a wash cloth once are not lying. It's a very simple behavior and it's healthy for the skin.

Perhaps, you're a dirty pig.

by Anonymousreply 128August 25, 2024 4:59 PM

And most of us who do it but don't have someone washing everyday follow the same habit. You wash, then you wring the washcloth and hang it to dry. THEN throw it in the laundry. No mildew.

I don't use the same bath towel two showers in a row, either. They hang to they are bone dry. Then perhaps get used again, or perhaps get thrown in the laundry.

by Anonymousreply 129August 25, 2024 5:01 PM

[quote]plus the mildew smell creeps in on those small wet cloths very quickly.

That's why you wring them out and lay them flat in the shower to dry. Don't leave a wet washcloth in a ball in the shower and certainly don't throw a wet washcloth all balled up into a hamper. I know it's easier to leave it flat in shower to dry until next day if you live alone and no one else will be showering. If more than one person is using the shower, wring out the washcloth and hang it flat and spread out over the rim of the hamper, don't throw it in the hamper wet and in a ball.

by Anonymousreply 130August 25, 2024 5:04 PM

I use pants hangers with clips.

by Anonymousreply 131August 25, 2024 5:08 PM

[quote] Splashing your face with water is really messy - and you still need to dry off.

I only use paper towels to dry my face. Use it and throw it away.

by Anonymousreply 132August 25, 2024 5:11 PM

R128 - no - I see the wet washcloths in people's showers though - and I can smell them.

You're the dirty pig - washing your ass with re-used washcloths that make you smell like ass and mildew. Ewwww...

by Anonymousreply 133August 25, 2024 5:21 PM

This “mafuckin” thing is getting really old.

by Anonymousreply 134August 25, 2024 5:37 PM

You're a child and sad troll R133. IQ sub 90.

by Anonymousreply 135August 25, 2024 5:40 PM

Some of you have obviously never set foot in a gym. You put the used towel in a bin, the bin is taken to their laundry and blasted with hot water and bleach. As the other poster said, the fresh gym towels always smell strongly of bleach.

I'm amazed that some of you prisspots don't get bathed by a full Hazmat team three times a day you're all so fucking neurotic.

by Anonymousreply 136August 25, 2024 5:41 PM

Given the ages of many posters here, I'm not surprised they're still using washcloths. It's an old people thing.

by Anonymousreply 137August 25, 2024 5:44 PM

This thread is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 138August 25, 2024 5:53 PM

Elderly people only need to bathe two or three times per week.

by Anonymousreply 139August 25, 2024 5:54 PM

[quote]Yall all mafuckin full of shit. We was rich af

Dafuck is this shit?

by Anonymousreply 140August 25, 2024 5:54 PM

Poppin off da heezy bout ma grannies mafuqin warshcloffs, yall need to chill da fuck out bout dat shit for I get ma homegirls from LSA up in dis bitch

by Anonymousreply 141August 25, 2024 5:56 PM

Washcloths? Aint' nobody got time for dat!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142August 25, 2024 6:00 PM

For people who eat ass and fecal matter, this is a lot of mess about nothing, ecoli and parasites oh my.

by Anonymousreply 143August 25, 2024 6:02 PM

Just how filthy are people??? I shower each morning and sometimes evening as well (after exercise, for example). Whenever I use the bathroom, I follow up with personal wipes. I use a scrubbie with body wash in the shower, then use bar soap on pits and groin/ass. Have a silicone brush for feet. Moisturize after.

by Anonymousreply 144August 25, 2024 6:03 PM

It’s much easier to wash a top sheet than it is to wash a duvet cover or a comforter.

by Anonymousreply 145August 25, 2024 6:10 PM

1/2 of them are red & white checker, the other 1/2 are just yellowy (originally white)

by Anonymousreply 146August 25, 2024 6:11 PM

I grew up using them (and still often do), except they are called facecloths here, not washcloths.

by Anonymousreply 147August 25, 2024 6:11 PM

I hate duvets. You've got the comforter all bunched up, unevenly, inside the duvet.

by Anonymousreply 148August 25, 2024 6:29 PM

R123, washing a washcloth seems like a lot of work?! Are you for real? It’s a 6 inch square of terrycloth. You use it once, hang it to dry, then put it in the hamper to wash when you (or the maid) do laundry.

by Anonymousreply 149August 25, 2024 6:32 PM

Get one with ties at the corners, R148.

by Anonymousreply 150August 25, 2024 6:32 PM

The lazy slobs who don’t use a top sheet aren’t regularly washing a duvet cover either.

by Anonymousreply 151August 25, 2024 6:34 PM

Can I just confirm that we are all washing our homes properly:

Soaping the crevice.

Going in to first knuckle.

Rinsing.

by Anonymousreply 152August 25, 2024 6:37 PM

^ Homes = holes

Oh dear to me!

by Anonymousreply 153August 25, 2024 6:38 PM

[quote]The lazy slobs who don’t use a top sheet

Most people I know use a fitted sheet under a duvet. A full set of sheets is old people shit.

by Anonymousreply 154August 25, 2024 6:41 PM

I never use washcloths. I honestly thought it was a normal thing.

by Anonymousreply 155August 25, 2024 6:42 PM

There are shower brushes but I think a washcloth needs to be changed daily after use. Being clean is good

by Anonymousreply 156August 25, 2024 6:46 PM

R122 😆. I’ll never forget when and how it came up at my high school in Manhattan in the mid aughts. All us black and Caribbean folk were completely blown away. How the hell do you wash up without a wash cloth. lol funny enough I haven’t used one regularly in like 15 years now.

Tachina Arnold has great comedic timing.

by Anonymousreply 157August 25, 2024 6:55 PM

Silicone scrubber. You'll never use a washcloth again. It feels fabulous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158August 25, 2024 7:05 PM

Some of you who get jizzed on by strangers 4 times a week are complaining about the frequency of washcloth laundering.

by Anonymousreply 159August 25, 2024 8:04 PM

[quote]funny enough I haven’t used one regularly in like 15 years now.

You realize by saying this that you're only handing more ammunition to the trolls who claim you're really white?

by Anonymousreply 160August 25, 2024 8:17 PM

R160 you do realize that when I am speaking my truth I don’t give a fuck about fifty something year old losers who keep battling with me. Why the fuck would I be lying about being black all this time.

by Anonymousreply 161August 25, 2024 8:25 PM

Because you're a troll, darlin'.

by Anonymousreply 162August 25, 2024 8:43 PM

R154, the people I know who only sleep on a fitted sheet are babies in cribs.

by Anonymousreply 163August 25, 2024 8:58 PM

[quote]Why the fuck would I be lying about being black all this time.

Hey, I'm on your side! Troll-dar me if you don't believe me.

by Anonymousreply 164August 25, 2024 9:22 PM

I was at least 20 before I even HEARD of a "washcloth," that snooty term. You wash with a washrag.

by Anonymousreply 165August 25, 2024 9:29 PM

[quote] I was at least 20 before I even HEARD of a "washcloth," that snooty term. You wash with a washrag.

Well, get with the new language! You don't call a toilet a "shitter," now, either.

by Anonymousreply 166August 25, 2024 9:32 PM

I hate washcloths. Imagine the bacteria that accumulates on them after each member of the house rubs them all over their bushes. No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 167August 25, 2024 9:32 PM

[quote] Soaping the crevice.Going in to first knuckle.

Amateur.

by Anonymousreply 168August 25, 2024 9:33 PM

Clean washcloth > no washcloth > re-used washcloth

I don’t use a washcloth because I do laundry at most once a week. I don’t want 14 wet wash clothes in my laundry basket or hanging all over my bathroom between laundry days.

When I was a kid my dad purchased cheap, thin cotton washcloths from liquidation sale somewhere. We probably had 300. Both bathrooms had a stack and you would take a fresh one each time you washed your face or showered. Then you threw the wet washcloth in a re-purposed plastic trashcan. So they didn’t mix with the rest of the dirty laundry and my mom did laundry frequently. It worked well because they were cheap and thin, so didn’t take up a lot of laundry space.

by Anonymousreply 169August 25, 2024 9:42 PM

Looking down at the all of you

by Anonymousreply 170August 25, 2024 10:02 PM

R164 I believe you Nationwide.

by Anonymousreply 171August 25, 2024 10:52 PM

Can this Holier/Teacake thing be banned already? He's a nutcase drug addict who is on here 24/7 with his insanity.

by Anonymousreply 172August 25, 2024 10:55 PM

I thought of using a silicone body scrubber. They don't harbor bacteria like washcloths, poufs and loofahs, but they don't look like they would lather well.

by Anonymousreply 173August 25, 2024 10:55 PM

The Japanese are the cleanest people, what do they use?

by Anonymousreply 174August 25, 2024 11:37 PM

[quote]He's a nutcase drug addict who is on here 24/7 with his insanity.

We're all on here 24/7, what's wrong with that?

The only difference is we don't sign our posts.

by Anonymousreply 175August 26, 2024 12:03 AM

There are too many people using authenticated names right now. I’m all for running them out of the place. And I liked Greg better than Holier.

by Anonymousreply 176August 26, 2024 12:07 AM

R174, we are conveniently neglecting the people who use scrubbies.

Folks leave that shit in the shower for years.

It’s not something meant to be shared, but there’s always just ONE scrubby per family (Yes, I snoop around straight families’ medicine cabinets).

by Anonymousreply 177August 26, 2024 12:32 AM

You’re dating yourself gramps with the “medicine cabinet” reference r177

by Anonymousreply 178August 26, 2024 12:36 AM

[quote]we are conveniently neglecting the people who use scrubbies.

You mean the plastic poufs? I don't like 'em, I worry that they'll stay damp in the middle and mildew.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179August 26, 2024 12:44 AM

[quote]How the hell do you wash up without a wash cloth.

Do you use a wash cloth to clean your hands after wiping your ass?

by Anonymousreply 180August 26, 2024 12:46 AM

Yeah - what the hell is scrubbie.

There must be millions of those poufs in the landfills.

by Anonymousreply 181August 26, 2024 12:51 AM

Fair point, R180. I do pride myself on washing my hands after a shit or piss, but there is no cloth involved until I dry.

by Anonymousreply 182August 26, 2024 12:52 AM

R151 you must be about 95 years old and still living like a 1950’s housewife.

A duvet cover is essentially a sheet, you wash it alongside the bottom sheet and pillow slips. Why would you want to use a top sheet as well as a duvet cover?

A full set of sheets is an old person thing, welcome to the new and real world you fossil. Maybe you would be better suited to a thread about sterilising your dentures glass.

by Anonymousreply 183August 26, 2024 6:24 AM

Yeah, get some tattoos and STFU, skibidi toilet.

by Anonymousreply 184August 26, 2024 11:10 AM

A full set of sheets is not an old person thing. Sheets are still usually sold in sets. Almost any photo in a magazine shows a top sheet. Nothing wrong with forgoing a top sheet and doing the extra work of washing a duvet cover more frequently but most grown ups with nice homes, young and old, use top sheets.

Pillow covers (underneath pillow cases) may be a little bit of an old person thing. And this 50-something is proud to be with the old people on that. Because having just one layer protecting your pillow from drool, hair and skin products, sloughing skin cells, etc. is disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 185August 26, 2024 11:56 AM

It's easier to replace top sheets frequently than put that damn duvet back the cover. Also, many times all I want is a heavy linen sheet on me. Or sheet and season appropriate blanket.

by Anonymousreply 186August 26, 2024 11:58 AM

R183 no one believes you wash your duvet cover regularly. Try it, or a top sheet, and see if the acne on your back and ass clears up.

by Anonymousreply 187August 26, 2024 12:25 PM

I take my duvets to the cleaners because they are too big for my machine at home. However, washing duvet covers is no big deal.

And I use washcloths. Daily. And will continue to do so until they invent something better than a plastic scrubby or a silicone disc.

by Anonymousreply 188August 26, 2024 12:36 PM

get a load of the lazy filthy trolls who cant believe others make an effort to keep clean and healthy beds and bathrooms

by Anonymousreply 189August 26, 2024 12:43 PM

R183 you do know that a duvet cover easily fits into a washing machine don’t you? You just was it along with your sheet and pillow cases.

Whatever bedding is next to your skin gets washed regularly, pillow and mattress protectors also get washed, but not as regularly. Right now I am in my summer house and I don’t use a duvet or top sheet as it’s been over 40 degrees in this part of Europe for the last three months.

How fucking stupid and ignorant are you that you cannot accept that not everybody does exactly the same as you? Instead of just discussing it or thinking about it you immediately throw your toys out of your pram and start kicking and screaming.

by Anonymousreply 190August 26, 2024 2:37 PM

Washcloths are a poor people/old people thing.

by Anonymousreply 191August 26, 2024 3:00 PM

I want a courtyard with clothesline so I can dry my comforter with sunlight. It’s heavy as fuck so I’d also need the pole with the nail sticking out of one end. Plus, I don’t want weed neighbors stinking up my warsh.

Dogs playing I’ma Ghost are ok.

Next time on “Unmet Desires Of The Under $100k Club”

by Anonymousreply 192August 26, 2024 11:13 PM

R190, I find it hard to believe that someone washes, dries, irons and reinserts a duvet into the freshly laundered duvet cover every week, rather than use a top sheet. I guess kudos to you for having such free time on your hands.

by Anonymousreply 193August 26, 2024 11:34 PM

R190 I do not wash my duvet every week and never said I did, . I wash the duvet cover along with the bottom sheet and pillow slips. The duvet itself and pillows are covered. Surely nobody washes a large duvet every week and why would you iron one? They are usually filled with feather and down, they are not supposed to be ironed, you give then a shake to fluff them up.

If it’s a sunny day when I change the bedding I hang the duvet and pillows outside to air them.

There is always confusion on these bedding posts between US and UK. Many of you talk about buying full bedding sets, that does not happen in the UK. We buy a set with a duvet cover and two matching pillow cases., the sheets are sold individually and seperately. I have always bought my bedding in high end department stores, Selfridges, Peter Jones and Harrods, but mostly in Peter Jones, and this is how they are sold. . .

by Anonymousreply 194August 27, 2024 7:29 AM

Sheesh. If your family owns the proper amount of homes with intergenerational wealth, the bed linens are what are in the linen closets, often decades old and in lovely condition. And you have staff who know how to press the various weaves.

by Anonymousreply 195August 27, 2024 8:11 AM

"Six pins, Dolores"

by Anonymousreply 196August 27, 2024 8:19 AM

Dolores and Vera had it all wrong, anyway. Sheets should be hung entirely over 1, or 2 parallel lines. So the fibers don't stretch unevenly. This also accommodates xl sheets on lower lines. The lines should be steel wire so they don't sag.

by Anonymousreply 197August 27, 2024 12:18 PM

R192 we don’t just chirp sweet lullabies, y’know

by Anonymousreply 198August 27, 2024 5:22 PM

I scrub mah cooter on a warsh board y’all!

by Anonymousreply 199August 27, 2024 5:38 PM

I went to wash my prolapsed asshole and lost it!

by Anonymousreply 200August 27, 2024 8:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!