Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do you think Wendy Williams is ever going to come back?

She has allegedly been diagnosed with aphasia and dementia. I feel so sad for her. I know she wants to come back to TV, but is she capable of doing so?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24August 28, 2024 8:30 PM

One doesn't "come back" from these afflictions.

by Anonymousreply 1August 24, 2024 5:29 PM

Ask Bruce Willis

by Anonymousreply 2August 24, 2024 5:31 PM

Wendy could very well have a long life ahead of her. But the deterioration of her mind to a state of ineptitude has set in & cannot be reversed. My mother has been living this way over 10 years now. Her mind hit that point of ineptitude, went a little beyond (she developed inappropriate communication/deviant behaviors) & has plateaued there for most of those years. Wendy is still there in the way my mother is still there - they're aware of their environment, the people in it & themselves. But their brains are broken. They cannot organize thought in an effective manner conducive to life. They would start cooking, walk away from it & forget, for example. Because their brains can no longer organize thoughts to prioritize. My mother developed a habit of walking into stores & walking out with a cart full of stuff, while telling the cashier her family will come pay for it. Her brain lost the ability to organize thoughts enough to call family first & tell us what she needs. There's also a factor of difficulty forming sentences, so they abandon communication almost entirely. In the video documentary; Wendy was at that point.

It's heartbreaking thinking about bright, outgoing people living in medical confinement.

by Anonymousreply 3August 24, 2024 5:33 PM

I miss Wendy so much. This is why you don’t talk trash about powerful people who know voodoo.

by Anonymousreply 4August 24, 2024 5:35 PM

Oh baby time to let that go. Wendy isn’t Wendy anymore.

by Anonymousreply 5August 24, 2024 5:38 PM

We can see in the Lifetime documentary (as exploitive as it is) that Wendy is losing her mind. She has a deep level of dementia, and can barely walk. As much as someone might be keeping her out of the limelight, it is for the best. Do you want to see her in a wheelchair and incoherent? Or remember her at her best?

by Anonymousreply 6August 24, 2024 5:44 PM

I work in a psych hospital. One unit (about 80 beds) is for patients like her. I'm sorry to say, there is no 'turning this around' or 'beating it'. It is what it is. I feel sorry for these patients (in their 50s - 90s). There is a long wait to be discharged because their families don't want the burden of taking care of them (parent, spouse, sibling, child) - and say this honestly' to us employees.

So these people are put on a waiting list and get moved to an Assisted Living Facility , Nursing Home, or Group Home - whichever has a bed and will take care of them, and whatever the patient can afford (especially with Medicare or Medicaid). Such a sad way to end a life - especially when it's an eventful, fulfilling life. I believe this is the stage where Wendy is now, or so it's been reported. Her extended family members have not heard from her in over a year, and as far as they know she's not living with her son (he's in college - how can he take care of her ?). My guess is she's probably in a ALF.

by Anonymousreply 7August 24, 2024 6:06 PM

Poor Wendy. Her fate is worse than death. I’ve seen it with a relative.

by Anonymousreply 8August 24, 2024 6:43 PM

r4 "This is why you don’t talk trash about powerful people who know voodoo. "

What an idiotic thing to say. People get illnesses like this - and worse - every day. It's random, it's not some stupid karma or "voodoo." Children get hit by cars or develop brain cancer. That's not due to anything but (bad) luck of the draw.

by Anonymousreply 9August 24, 2024 6:49 PM

R9 I said what I said skank.

by Anonymousreply 10August 24, 2024 7:10 PM

R10 Doing ok today, Teafake?

by Anonymousreply 11August 24, 2024 7:15 PM

R4 Teacunt it was the coke not voodoo

by Anonymousreply 12August 24, 2024 7:16 PM

R11 yes my dear. Hbu?

by Anonymousreply 13August 24, 2024 7:25 PM

Let’s play a game

Teacake is a ______

by Anonymousreply 14August 24, 2024 7:26 PM

Make a tea cake thread since you all love talking about him so much. This is a Wendy thread.

by Anonymousreply 15August 24, 2024 7:27 PM

Teafake speaks jive

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 24, 2024 7:29 PM

Wendy’s lucky, she doesn’t remember who Teacake is

by Anonymousreply 17August 24, 2024 7:30 PM

She's only 60 years old? Geez.

Isn't there a correlation between early onset dementia and the disease progressing faster?

Rough.

by Anonymousreply 18August 24, 2024 7:43 PM

R15 They did that too. I think Muriel deleted it. Apologies that they do this.

by Anonymousreply 19August 24, 2024 7:45 PM

Someone just posted on Facebook that Wendy came to his job and took a photo with him. The wig is rough but glad she’s standing and smiling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 26, 2024 2:56 AM

Nobody wants her to come back.

by Anonymousreply 21August 26, 2024 3:15 AM

Wendy has went with the wind.

by Anonymousreply 22August 26, 2024 3:22 AM

whoever is pushing her to get back on camera should be investigated for abuse

by Anonymousreply 23August 26, 2024 3:29 AM

R20 Apparently this was at a health food store and she asked for supplements to help with “brain fog.” Poor Wendy.

by Anonymousreply 24August 28, 2024 8:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!