Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Will white people ever get over OJ Simpson’s acquittal?

White people have been pissed and upset about the OJ Simpson trial for over 30 years. Many white people act like his acquittal is the worst criminal injustice in U.S. history, yet they don’t express nearly as much outrage about slavery/Jim Crow, the countless cases of police brutality that don’t even make it to trial, and white celebrities like Robert Blake similarly receiving not guilty verdicts. Many of them haven’t watched the actual trial either, but slanted/biased documentaries and tv shows about it instead. Can anyone shed light on why this is?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 9, 2024 8:11 AM

I guess maybe black people cheering was less about O.J. and more about the politics of the LAPD at the time, police brutality. A lot of their catharsis was bigger than O.J. I can understand that. But at the end of the day, two people were murdered.

I think most people thought we based our decision on race. Race never came up in the topic of our deliberation, or even how the LAPD treated black people.

Like, regarding Fuhrman, none of his comments really …

The thing with Fuhrman was once his credibility was shot, you really could discount anything he said. He was definitely a liar — he lied on the stand — and when he came back to the court, he took the fifth on everything. Why would you trust anything he said? He was the detective that found all this evidence: the blood on the Bronco, on the back fence, on the glove … all of that created reasonable doubt.

Was there a moment in particular during the trial that really swayed your decision towards reasonable doubt?

Yeah, when they started talking about the blood evidence. There was, like, a milliliter of blood they couldn’t account for. And they found blood on the back fence of Nicole’s condo, and that particular blood also had the additive in there. That additive is only found in [a test tube of blood], so why would the blood sample on that back fence contain that additive unless somebody took the blood from the test tube and placed it there?

Do you think O.J. was framed?

I don’t know if he was necessarily framed. I think O.J. may know something about what happened, but I just don’t think he did it. I think it was more than one person, just because of the way she was killed. I don’t know how he could have just left that bloody scene — because it was bloody — and got back into his Bronco and not have it filled with blood. And then go back home and go in the front door, up the stairs to his bedroom … That carpet was snow white in his house. He should have blood all over him or bruises because Ron Goldman was definitely fighting for his life. He had defensive cuts on his shoes and on his hands.

O.J. only had that little cut on his finger. If [Goldman] was kicking to death, you would think that the killer would have gotten some bruises on his body. They showed us photos of O.J. with just his underwear just two days after, and he had no bruises or anything on his body.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 24, 2024 6:05 AM

No.

OJ Simpson was the only black man in America who got away with murder and was found not guilty. And the biggest kick in the ass for them was he was found not guilty by a majority black jury.

It’s the only time in US history a black man was able to use the system the same way white people have.

by Anonymousreply 2August 24, 2024 6:14 AM

R2 Brett Ross Cantor (November 5, 1967 – July 30, 1993) was an American record label executive, concert promoter and nightclub owner.[1] He was born in New York to Rhonda and Paul Cantor, who managed acts such as B. J. Thomas and Dionne Warwick. In the early 1970s, he and his family moved to the Los Angeles area. In the early 1990s, he served as an A&R executive for the Chrysalis Music Group.

Cantor left Chrysalis to work briefly as an agent and then a promoter, putting together some of the largest concert and dance events in the city at that time.[2] He also entered the nightclub business, taking a 10 percent stake in Dragonfly, a club known at the time for its 1970s and hip hop theme nights. At that time he was involved romantically with actress Rose McGowan.[3] Cantor was found dead in his Hollywood home on July 30, 1993; he had been stabbed repeatedly in the upper body. No suspect has ever been identified and the investigation remains open. His death was the subject of renewed interest a year later during preliminary motions in the trial of O. J. Simpson for the killings of his former wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and Nicole's friend Ron Goldman, when Judge Lance Ito ruled that defense lawyers could have access to the investigatory file in the Cantor case. The defense had argued that the similarity of the three killings suggested the same person or persons had committed them.[4] It has also been argued in books on the case that Cantor knew both Goldman and Nicole, and thus they may have been killed over mutual involvement in possibly illegal business activities.[5][6]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 24, 2024 6:17 AM

[quote] Many white people act like his acquittal is the worst criminal injustice in U.S. history, yet they don’t express nearly as much outrage about slavery/Jim Crow

Shut the fuck up, OP. How do you know that "many white people" don't express as much outrage about slavery over this? What a ridiculous statement. They're also completely unrelated. Two people were brutally butchered and everyone including that jury knew who did it. I could also add that Simpson completely identified himself with the white elite, not blacks.

by Anonymousreply 4August 24, 2024 6:22 AM

OP typing = pathetic trolling

by Anonymousreply 5August 24, 2024 6:25 AM

R4 R5 Your butthurt responses just prove my point lol. What’s pathetic is taking this case so damn personally like you were related to Nicole and Ron for 30 years not giving a crap about the countless murders that have happened since then. This juror David Aldana wasn’t even black so are you going to accuse him of being a dumb black juror too?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 24, 2024 6:29 AM

R6, grow up. You prove no point. It's not personal to me at all, except being a gross miscarriage of justice, which happens all the time. I also said nothing about "dumb black" jurors, you fucking clown. If you can read, you'll notice I said the jury knew he was guilty, but they let him off, anyway. That's not stupidity, that's intent.

by Anonymousreply 7August 24, 2024 6:38 AM

[quote] Can anyone shed light on why this is?

What a fake troll question from OP/R6.

by Anonymousreply 8August 24, 2024 6:42 AM

R7 R8 Nah. I genuinely want to know why white people are okay with people like George Zimmerman being acquitted of killing Trayvon Martin (including the racist Goldman family) and don’t consider it a gross miscarriage of justice, but still seethe about the OJ verdict to this day and act like they were related to Nicole and Ron.

by Anonymousreply 9August 24, 2024 6:44 AM

LSA thread. F&F!

by Anonymousreply 10August 24, 2024 6:46 AM

Did anyone really care. Blacks abd white liberals were as always rooting for the black man, no matter what he had done and white conservatives though the "coalburner" had it coming. She really had no one on her side.

by Anonymousreply 11August 24, 2024 6:54 AM

Can anyone shed light on why this is?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 24, 2024 7:02 AM

Nah, R9. You're a troll. White people are not okay with Zimmerman and the Goldmans aren't racist for wanting justice for the murder of their son's killer, OJ Simpson. But you are a cunt troll, so bye, gash. Blocked.

by Anonymousreply 13August 24, 2024 7:03 AM

And by blocking, magically this entire troll thread goes away.

by Anonymousreply 14August 24, 2024 7:04 AM

Poor OP had no skooling about logical fallacies.

by Anonymousreply 15August 24, 2024 7:07 AM

Dindu nuffin

by Anonymousreply 16August 24, 2024 7:11 AM

[quote]Will white people ever get over OJ Simpson’s acquittal?

What are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 17August 24, 2024 7:41 AM

An old Popbitch item:

[quote]Sharon Osbourne has been telling people a great story about the OJ Simpson case. She claims that she and Ozzy stopped doing drugs after Nicole Simpson was murdered-- because OJ and Nicole were their dealers. The couple had carved out a niche for themselves as suppliers of gak to the Hollywood A-list. But OJ and Nicole's dealing led to unwelcome attention from local organised crime, who eventually put out a hit on Nicole to stop their enterprise. So... OJ is innocent, and the reason he jumped in his Bronco and fled was because he was out of his head on crack when the hitman took out Nicole. And in that paranoid state he quite reasonably thought they would be after him too.

by Anonymousreply 18August 24, 2024 4:25 PM

gak is whack

by Anonymousreply 19August 24, 2024 4:26 PM

George Zimmerman had every right to defend himself. Trayvon was beating his head into the ground and wouldn’t stop. Was he supposed to let him just keep going until his brains spilled out?

by Anonymousreply 20August 24, 2024 4:31 PM

R13 The Goldman’s are racists who defended George Zimmerman’s acquittal. They also went after Sydney and Justin Simpson for money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21September 3, 2024 3:02 AM

[quote]Your butthurt responses just prove my point lol.

No one cares about you and your ghetto homophobic BS.

We all know that he got away with murder but no one cares. Small potatoes. Not important.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22September 3, 2024 4:06 AM

R22 Nope

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 3, 2024 4:13 AM

Nicole Brown Simpson's family last made phone contact with Nicole when they returned home from dinner at Mezzaluna. Nicole's mother Juditha said that she spoke with her around 11:00 PM. Juditha later changed her statement and claimed that she made the call to Nicole earlier in the evening, at 9:37 PM. Multiple witnesses stated that the Browns left Mezzaluna at 8:45 PM. This means that the drive from Brentwood to where the Browns lived in Orange County took them just over 45 minutes.

I used to live in Los Angeles in the 1990s and visited friends in Orange County on a regular basis. I don't see how anyone could drive from Brentwood to Dana Point in less than an hour. That's a 75-mile drive, the majority of it on the 405, one of the most congested highways in the US. The trip would have taken at least an hour, possibly 90 minutes depending upon traffic.

OJ tried to obtain the Browns' phone records from GTE to nail down the time of this call but the records are under seal by court order. The phone records are crucial exculpatory evidence: if Nicole were still alive as late as 11:00 PM this destroys the prosecution's timeline for OJ to have committed the murders. OJ was getting into a limo to drive to LAX at that point.

by Anonymousreply 24September 3, 2024 7:11 AM

Comments from Lipstick Alley:

Comments from Lipstick Alley:

“Let's not be naive. It will also always be a part of pop culture because we live in a racist, white supremacist society. White America thinks that it is fine that they murder black people all day every day and get away with it. But this is the first high profile case we ever really saw where a black person (allegedly) murdered a white person and got away with it.

Make no mistake. They don't give a flying fµck about Nicole Brown and neither do I. White women like her get abused and murdered every day by their own people. Nobody would still be talking about this case with such fervour if the racial element didn't exist. Maybe when they care this much about black people getting murdered, I will have some fucks to give.”

“I don’t want to hear about all the mistakes the prosecution made. I want to know how he killed two people without a bruise, scratch or cut on his body.

How did he managed to rush home in his bronco and only have two drops of blood in/on the car?

How did he manage to have a cut on his hand but not on the glove?

Lastly, how did he managed to do all that stabbing and not manage any cuts to the glove?

Oh and manage to pull all of this off, and catch a flight. How?

This would better help me understand the “miscarriage of justice” everyone purports to have occurred.”

by Anonymousreply 25September 9, 2024 8:11 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!