Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I work in a nursing home and the singer sings the same four songs every day

It's driving me insane. She comes in every day to sing for the residents (except Friday, some other singer is there then, and guess what? he repeats the same songs too)

She only seems to know four songs. And when she's not singing those, she gets the residents to sing them on the kareoke machine. I've been here for a few months now and her setlist has not changed at all.

And the Friday singer doesn't change his set list either (but he does sing different songs to her)

Don't they think the residents might like to hear something else?

by Anonymousreply 24August 23, 2024 11:12 PM

What are the songs?

by Anonymousreply 1August 23, 2024 5:21 PM

What are the 4 songs, please, do tell

by Anonymousreply 2August 23, 2024 5:22 PM

Get that old biddy a Great American Songbook and make her learn all the lyrics. Threaten her with no pudding and she on’t be able to see Mr. Smith alone in the game room.

by Anonymousreply 3August 23, 2024 5:22 PM

r1 and r2

The Lies of the Lonely from the Nashville soundtrack.

Ode to Billie Joe by Bobby Gentry.

You needed me by Anne Murray.

Joe Le Taxi by Vanessa Paradis but she sings it in English and it sounds like crap.

by Anonymousreply 4August 23, 2024 5:27 PM

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

by Anonymousreply 5August 23, 2024 5:30 PM

She's contracted dementia just to spite you personally, OP! How dare she!

by Anonymousreply 6August 23, 2024 5:36 PM

made up story by the vanessa paradis obsessed freak, this is a ruse to talk about her later on in the thread without being called out.

by Anonymousreply 7August 23, 2024 5:45 PM

Is anyone else picturing OP SEETHING as the singer goes on and on about Choctaw Ridge while he empties bedpans?

by Anonymousreply 8August 23, 2024 5:51 PM

One Christmas I worked a the mens cologne counter (Karl Lagerfeld) at a plush department. We were stationed next to the piano. It was a great position, he ran straight through the American songbook and we became friends after I would congratulate him on his beautiful playing. I was fired after joining the pianist to provide my vocals on a medley of Irving Berlin songs (What’ll I Do, Blue Skies, Cheek To Cheek) on my lunch break.

By which I mean to say, OP, perhaps you could take over the singing.

by Anonymousreply 9August 23, 2024 5:55 PM

When I was a teen I worked in a department store stockroom at Christmas. They played that darned Anne Murray Christmas album on a loop. It made me hate her.

by Anonymousreply 10August 23, 2024 6:35 PM

To be fair, many of your clients have dementia and won't know the difference.

by Anonymousreply 11August 23, 2024 6:52 PM

R11 in that case sing something else! The staff need their sanity to take care of those who do not. If I had to listen to that Anne Murray song more than once I’d quit

by Anonymousreply 12August 23, 2024 6:57 PM

It smells in nursing homes, she wants to get out fast, so the same numbers.

by Anonymousreply 13August 23, 2024 7:53 PM

Old people are like goldfish: their memories are erased every couple of hours.

by Anonymousreply 14August 23, 2024 8:16 PM

If it bothers you OP it is you who works there and it is you who can complain to the appropriate people, what do you expect us to do about, as Michelle Obama said, DO SOMETHING.

by Anonymousreply 15August 23, 2024 8:16 PM

R9 ... please discuss in excruciating detail your dismissal from the Karl Lagerfeld counter for singing an Irving Berlin medley during your lunch break at Christmas time.

It just might be Datalounge's first feature length motion picture.

by Anonymousreply 16August 23, 2024 9:00 PM

In the nursing home paying her? If so, you have the right to complain. If she comes and performs for free, well, you get what you pay for…

by Anonymousreply 17August 23, 2024 9:05 PM

Maybe the folks are too old to notice it?

by Anonymousreply 18August 23, 2024 9:27 PM

What ? No rap music ? Isn't she a wigga ? That's why we placed my 89 year old 'Aunt Vivvy' in that facility - she was promised rap music.

by Anonymousreply 19August 23, 2024 9:38 PM

OP = Tonya Harding

by Anonymousreply 20August 23, 2024 9:45 PM

Let me guess -- a volunteer who hangs around for hours longer than she's needed and whose every attempt to ingratiate herself with the working staff causes everyone to wish she'd move on?

by Anonymousreply 21August 23, 2024 9:45 PM

Please see if she knows The Day the Devil by Laurie Anderson. Or anything by Deep Purple.

by Anonymousreply 22August 23, 2024 11:08 PM

Op your thread is quite amusing

by Anonymousreply 23August 23, 2024 11:10 PM

R7 nails it. The troll doesn’t even realize how much that name sticks out.

No nursing home was ever played this and no nursing home ever will.

by Anonymousreply 24August 23, 2024 11:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!